3%

Total votes: 36
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 3]

Post by Sorsha »

Quin wrote:Meh. I'm basically Dom in Mad Max right now :grin:

I'm 2 for 2 on the count of throwing untimely defenses for flipped baddies and I've had a now-dead civ role blocker call me out on the night nobody died. I'm sure there's a point where even a civ just needs to put his hands up and say 'get it over with'. I've hit that point. I'll probably join 3J on the legacy front tomorrow.

This is the second game in a row I've suggested my own lynch. God damn.
I wish all suspicion posts could be as short and to the point as this one Quin made (against himself :haha: )
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 4]

Post by Made »

Quin wrote: Where did your suspicion for 3J go?
Still there, but with Wilgy flipped baddie, I feel it's more likely between you and INH. Both INH and JJJ voted early, but INH vote set precedence for a JJJ lynch. Where JJJ had every reason to vote for a more likely candidate considering he had a lot of heat at that point, his vote kinda came out of left field. While misguided, it reads genuine, especially when coupled with his recent thoughts in thread.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

By the way, in case in wasn't obvious, I lied about winning a prize. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:^ I find it hard to believe that INH would have asked Wilgy if he was down for a Llama lynch in thread. Being teammates, he would already know the answer to that. I feel better about INH from this ISO
Why did you say this but then keep inh on your suspect list?
Because that was a thousand years ago and much has changed since then.
It wasn't a thousand years ago, it was Tuesday night.

A few posts after that one you listed your suspicions and inh was still on it then too.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by thellama73 »

Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:^ I find it hard to believe that INH would have asked Wilgy if he was down for a Llama lynch in thread. Being teammates, he would already know the answer to that. I feel better about INH from this ISO

A few posts after that one you listed your suspicions and inh was still on it then too.
It was literally a thousand years ago.

I said I felt better about INH, but I never said I didn't suspect him at all. The empirical evidence is quite strong. At the time I made that post (which, to reiterate, was a thousand years ago I was probably least suspicious of INH out of anyone on my suspects list. Things he has said since then, and things others have said since then, and my own continuing ruminations on the state of the game now lead me to believe that he is the most likely suspect.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

INH I really need the deets on your prize.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

Made wrote:
Quin wrote: Where did your suspicion for 3J go?
Still there, but with Wilgy flipped baddie, I feel it's more likely between you and INH. Both INH and JJJ voted early, but INH vote set precedence for a JJJ lynch. Where JJJ had every reason to vote for a more likely candidate considering he had a lot of heat at that point, his vote kinda came out of left field. While misguided, it reads genuine, especially when coupled with his recent thoughts in thread.
There are two baddies left.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Question: If INH was off the poll, who would get your vote and why?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Question: If INH was off the poll, who would get your vote and why?
Quin
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I said I felt better about INH, but I never said I didn't suspect him at all. The empirical evidence is quite strong. At the time I made that post (which, to reiterate, was a thousand years ago I was probably least suspicious of INH out of anyone on my suspects list. Things he has said since then, and things others have said since then, and my own continuing ruminations on the state of the game now lead me to believe that he is the most likely suspect.
We are all trapped in the deathless world of Mongoose. Tuesday night really was 1,000 years ago. Mongoose is the Jean Genie and has us all trapped in her bottle. None of the dead players are actually dead, they just escaped.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, you said "and why". Sorry.

I'm sticking with my "one of the LC-Quin-INH" voting bloc is bad. I would choose Quin over LC because I think his lynch would give us more information (re: Day 2, interactions) than LC's would. Also, he has been playing in what I regard as an insane fashion and I want to know what's up with that.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Question: If INH was off the poll, who would get your vote and why?
I think I'd be deciding between Elohcin 2.0 and Long Con right now. Process of elimination leads me to them plus Quin, and I think Quin looks okay at face value. LC is a lasting suspicion; my biggest hesitation would be the significant personal bias I know I have embedded in that suspicion. Elohcin would be the safe choice. LC would be the gamble. I'm not sure what my final answer would be.

How about you?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Granted I still don't understand Quin's suspicion of Boomslang. That's something I'd still like to sort out. Lemme fetch a post for you, Quin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I suspect Boomslang for actual reasons. ISO, fam.
I ISO'd, fam.

These are the posts I found in your history in which you cast suspicion upon Boomslang for reasons unrelated to his survival:
Quin wrote:Boomslang, did you read the entire discourse between me and LC? I struggle to see how you can be on board with the 'boosting my post count' idea if you had done so.

I also disagree with your stance on 3J. I'd ideally have done the same thing, because it allows Sorsha to confirm or deny whether she was watching the thread without realising it.
Quin wrote:You're expecting me to come out guns blazing at the onset of suspicion, Boomslang. He used the wrong word to describe my posts, and I told him I thought he was wrong. He elaborated, so I elaborated in turn. It's not 'deflecting' if I address the point, either, so there's another instance of people using buzz words that don't fit. I think to say now that you think LC's point had merit shows that you didn't really evaluate what you read, because whatever point he made was quickly refuted, and even he didn't pursue it. Unless, of course, you want to tell me that my three posts were insistent, even with my elaboration of their contexts.

about Sorsha - Maybe I can rephrase, because I was painting it a bit too cut and dry. If Sorsha is being legitimate about not being around, she'd say so. That doesn't really say anything about whether she's good or bad, just that she wasn't around. If she didn't bring it up, it heavily points to the idea that she was around, and it adds value to 3J's thought process.
Quin wrote:I feel like I should elaborate on my Boomslang read.

He's come across as disingenuous twice in his cases against me.

The first time, he jumped on LC's theory that I was being insistent by pushing my argument against 3J. This was after I discussed it with LC and even he moved on from that specific element of his argument. He still assures me that he read the dialogue to the end, which clearly isn't true.

The second time, he accused me of backtracking in my theory as to why he survived, even though nobody had expressed suspicion at me for it at the time. Backtracking isn't a thing in that context.

He's not voting me either. He wants to bring attention to 3J, so he's not voting me. Even though he's suspected me more than anybody else in this game. Nah.

I'd call a baddie team of llama, 3J and Boomslang.
It appears all of this suspicion you have of Boomslang (these posts are all Day 2 or earlier) stems from the direct interaction between you and him. A couple questions:

1. What worries do you have, if any, about being influenced by bias?

2. Do Boomslang's voting record or his survival mean anything to you or no?

Hey Quin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think I'd be deciding between Elohcin 2.0 and Long Con right now. Process of elimination leads me to them plus Quin, and I think Quin looks okay at face value. LC is a lasting suspicion; my biggest hesitation would be the significant personal bias I know I have embedded in that suspicion. Elohcin would be the safe choice. LC would be the gamble. I'm not sure what my final answer would be.

How about you?
Ordinarily, Eloh. You wanted more from her and she didn't deliver, but today is Thursday, and on a Thursday, you can forget getting anything out of her. So I don't blame her for not posting much.

I don't like circumstantial evidence nine times out of ten, but I think this one is pretty good. When I'm mafia, I don't want people I've killed coming back to the land of the living. Think about it: If Mafia killed Eloh not because of any role information, but simply because she was on the right track with her suspicion, and then she comes back via replacement, she is free to keep pounding the drum of her suspicion using the role of an inactive that you didn't think you'd have to worry about in the immediate.

Replacements like that made some sense back in the day when you had to be alive to win, but if you win with your faction, there's not too huge of a reason to be upset that you were eliminated.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 97

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH I really need the deets on your prize.
In what way would it benefit me to tell you?

There's no one else being talked about, so there's a 90% chance I'm being mislynched today.

If I say I did use it, people won't believe me or call me a hypocrite for suspecting you for saying the same thing.

If I say I didn't use it, people will vote for me anyway.

The only way in which I benefit is by not revealing whether or not I have it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Gotta go do a show.

I don't believe INH has lynch immunity today. He's being too fishy about it.

INh

If you're lying then I doubt you're good anyway.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:

There's no one else being talked about, so there's a 90% chance I'm being mislynched today.

If I say I did use it, people won't believe me or call me a hypocrite for suspecting you for saying the same thing.

This isn't about whether you benefit. It's about whether the civilians benefit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I suspect Boomslang for actual reasons. ISO, fam.
I ISO'd, fam.

These are the posts I found in your history in which you cast suspicion upon Boomslang for reasons unrelated to his survival:
Quin wrote:Boomslang, did you read the entire discourse between me and LC? I struggle to see how you can be on board with the 'boosting my post count' idea if you had done so.

I also disagree with your stance on 3J. I'd ideally have done the same thing, because it allows Sorsha to confirm or deny whether she was watching the thread without realising it.
Quin wrote:You're expecting me to come out guns blazing at the onset of suspicion, Boomslang. He used the wrong word to describe my posts, and I told him I thought he was wrong. He elaborated, so I elaborated in turn. It's not 'deflecting' if I address the point, either, so there's another instance of people using buzz words that don't fit. I think to say now that you think LC's point had merit shows that you didn't really evaluate what you read, because whatever point he made was quickly refuted, and even he didn't pursue it. Unless, of course, you want to tell me that my three posts were insistent, even with my elaboration of their contexts.

about Sorsha - Maybe I can rephrase, because I was painting it a bit too cut and dry. If Sorsha is being legitimate about not being around, she'd say so. That doesn't really say anything about whether she's good or bad, just that she wasn't around. If she didn't bring it up, it heavily points to the idea that she was around, and it adds value to 3J's thought process.
Quin wrote:I feel like I should elaborate on my Boomslang read.

He's come across as disingenuous twice in his cases against me.

The first time, he jumped on LC's theory that I was being insistent by pushing my argument against 3J. This was after I discussed it with LC and even he moved on from that specific element of his argument. He still assures me that he read the dialogue to the end, which clearly isn't true.

The second time, he accused me of backtracking in my theory as to why he survived, even though nobody had expressed suspicion at me for it at the time. Backtracking isn't a thing in that context.

He's not voting me either. He wants to bring attention to 3J, so he's not voting me. Even though he's suspected me more than anybody else in this game. Nah.

I'd call a baddie team of llama, 3J and Boomslang.
It appears all of this suspicion you have of Boomslang (these posts are all Day 2 or earlier) stems from the direct interaction between you and him. A couple questions:

1. What worries do you have, if any, about being influenced by bias?

2. Do Boomslang's voting record or his survival mean anything to you or no?

Hey Quin
1. None. It's just a read.

2. His survival doesn't. His votes for baddies are a point in his favour, but his (at the time) throwaway on Day 2 came across completely disingenuous. He hasn't returned to elaborate on that read except to give a wonky justification that proclaiming your lynch immunity makes you civ.
Boomslang wrote:Back in the saddle for the moment. Some thoughts:
I wouldn't play JJJ's lynch immunity the way he just did, but I'm tempted to believe him. Doing it like this feels like a civ move, because he couldn't know for sure when suspicion would come back on him. If he uses immunity while suspicion is still hot, and proclaims it, he does make the civs more likely to lynch a baddie.
However, I still don't believe LC is bad, based mostly off his interactions with JJJ.
Wilgy definitely looks weird. Casting an incredibly wide net, throwing tinfoil at me despite "all rational thinking." I'm ok with a vote there, especially because we can't get Quin and probably can't/shouldn't get JJJ.

INH probably deserves more of a look. Went very quiet after Day 1, the result of which spoke against his llama case (which was his tunnel). He claimed he was going to reassess things, but has since stayed under the radar.
He was literally tied for the lynch the day before. I think it's obvious that returning suspicion wasn't going to surprise him.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Care to be specific?

As it stands now, the case against me is seemingly made of me being the most expendable and least adept at defending himself member of the Quin/INH/LC "wrong opinion" trio.

Yes, my voting record is shit. I've admitted that it's shit.

What am I supposed to do, change all of my opinions to fit the hivemind?

Furthermore, would Llama and 3J be as willing to comfortably lead the anti-INH wagon if I hadn't accused them of scummery?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

I'm a civilian.

Me surviving and literally anyone else that I don't know the alignment of surviving benefits the civilians.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:Gotta go do a show.

I don't believe INH has lynch immunity today. He's being too fishy about it.

INh

If you're lying then I doubt you're good anyway.
Why?

Because I didn't agree with you about Wilgy?

Are people on this site that damn touchy whenever anyone disagrees with them?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

I'm a civilian.

Me surviving and literally anyone else that I don't know the alignment of dying benefits the civilians.
EBWOP
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Me surviving and literally anyone else that I don't know the alignment of surviving benefits the civilians.
A no lynch would hurt the civilians. That's why we need to know.

Separate question: what is your current read on LC and Quin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Me surviving and literally anyone else that I don't know the alignment of surviving benefits the civilians.
A no lynch would hurt the civilians. That's why we need to know.

Separate question: what is your current read on LC and Quin?
I think no one dying is a slightly better outcome than a civilian dying, purely from a numbers perspective.

Quin is in my top three scumreads, along with you and Llama.

I don't like how quick LC was to turn on me in order to avoid blame for having incorrect opinions. Over the course of this day, he went from one of my top townreads to someone I'm on the fence about. I'm trying not to be blinded by his targeting me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

INH if I didn't vote you, it would be for LC

Mostly gut at this point
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I could probably vote Quin, the post he made about himself gives more than one reason why he could have/should have been lynched. It seems the day he was off the poll pushed him off the radar.

I could also still vote for jay. I was trying to find where LC dropped the suspicion of him but couldn't. I did keep getting sidetracked by other posts that I brought up. I did see where jay said his suspicion of LC was lessened, but not LC's of jay.

:sigh:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote: Care to be specific?
Okay. I've explained why I think one of your voting bloc is bad, and only one. I think the other baddie is one of the lower posters, likely Eloh 2.0 or Daisy. I think starting with one of your more active triumvirate will be more beneficial in terms of information for the civilians.

Quin has put up a spirited self-defense, and has weirded me out with calls to lynch him. I'm not usre a baddie would do this.

Long Con has been giving me generally good vibes all game and has been pretty helpful in terms of content.

You've been a wallflower since after Day 1. You characterize your playstyle as aggressive, but you seem depressed and apathetic. Even now, you seem resigned to your fate when only one vote has come in. Bitter, but not really resisting. You're not really making case son anyone. You only reluctantly came out of the woodwork to participate in the discussion when it became clear you were in danger. You make halfhearted claims about prizes. You seem unwilling to impart information to the civilian cause to be used after your death.

What reason do I have to think you're civ?

insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 3]

Post by insertnamehere »

Sorsha wrote:INH- did you ever answer this question?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I will say that the last second flood of Wilgy votes once it was clear 3J ain't going nowhere rustles my jimmies a little bit. Couple of folks really wanted some credit, methinks.
Which votes in particular stood out to you?
Made, Elo, and MM all voted mere minutes before the EOD, once it was clear Wilgy was being sent packing.

If we assume that all Wilgy voters aren't innocent civilians with halos and harpsichords, those three + Llama are who I'd be looking at.

I'd like to investigate them further, if I'm, y'know, still alive.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote: Made, Elo, and MM all voted mere minutes before the EOD, once it was clear Wilgy was being sent packing.

If we assume that all Wilgy voters aren't innocent civilians with halos and harpsichords, those three + Llama are who I'd be looking at.

I wouldn't spend too much time investigating MM, if I were you.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:
Okay. I've explained why I think one of your voting bloc is bad, and only one. I think the other baddie is one of the lower posters, likely Eloh 2.0 or Daisy. I think starting with one of your more active triumvirate will be more beneficial in terms of information for the civilians.

Quin has put up a spirited self-defense, and has weirded me out with calls to lynch him. I'm not usre a baddie would do this.

Long Con has been giving me generally good vibes all game and has been pretty helpful in terms of content.

You've been a wallflower since after Day 1. You characterize your playstyle as aggressive, but you seem depressed and apathetic. Even now, you seem resigned to your fate when only one vote has come in. Bitter, but not really resisting. You're not really making case son anyone. You only reluctantly came out of the woodwork to participate in the discussion when it became clear you were in danger. You make halfhearted claims about prizes. You seem unwilling to impart information to the civilian cause to be used after your death.

All of my top scum reads (you, 3J, and Quin) seem damn near teflon untouchable at this point, and I've been stymied at every possible juncture with every other read I have.

When I'm this fucking wrong, yes, I get depressed and apathetic. I'm also just a depressed and apathetic person in general, so this is more my baseline mood anyway.

I've said all I can about you three, I'm attempting to maybe look at other people, but the fact of the matter is that I feel the game has beaten me at this point.

If you think my reads and opinions are garbage because they implicate you, fine. I think calling me a damn wallflower and halfhearted and not helpful to the civilian cause is a step too far, but fine.

I have no powers available to save me, the one thing I got that I could use, I didn't because I figured that I'd save it for later, and no one seems to think my gut and my reads are worth anything. Even worse, I don't think my gut and my reads are worth anything.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

thellama73 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: Made, Elo, and MM all voted mere minutes before the EOD, once it was clear Wilgy was being sent packing.

I wouldn't spend too much time investigating MM, if I were you.
Ha.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm considering a vote for Elohcin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My shortlist is still the same. People just gotta tell me where they want to put their votes and I'll follow suit.
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Hmm, so many lynch immunities claimed. Assuming they're all true, all we have to do is wait out another day before we can return to business as usual... which I'm prepared to do. On further reflection, I'm worried about the INH-LC-Quin "axis of evil." All of them, plus Wilgy, voted for llama on Day 1. Would three of those four have made that vote if they were all in fact mafia? Maybe two of them, but I doubt they'd leave themselves that open.

And with two of them claiming immunity, I'd like to talk about Made. Missed the first vote, voted JJJ late to tie the poll for Day 2, then piled on the Wilgy train late on Day 3. At 11 posts, he's active enough not to be a shameful low poster. His first big substantive post includes a short defense of Quin. He says he doesn't want to force a tie by voting JJJ, then does so anyway. Slowly adjusts his criticism of Quin to match the thread consensus while tempering it with a healthy dose of WIFOM.

Have we found our outlier baddie? I'd like to guess Quin and Made to solve the puzzle, please.

Linki w/INH: Vote Made with me?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Boomslang, it'd be ideal for you to at least answer to Quin's allegations.

oh hi, linki

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I'm leaning jay
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote:Hmm, so many lynch immunities claimed. Assuming they're all true, all we have to do is wait out another day before we can return to business as usual... which I'm prepared to do. On further reflection, I'm worried about the INH-LC-Quin "axis of evil." All of them, plus Wilgy, voted for llama on Day 1. Would three of those four have made that vote if they were all in fact mafia? Maybe two of them, but I doubt they'd leave themselves that open.
I want to be clear that my theory is that exactly one member of the axis of evil is a baddie, not more. Their vote records are all abysmal, so much so that I think one must be bad, but I don't think baddies would be brazen enough to vote as a bloc multiple days in a row.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Boomslang mentions his suspicion of me in every second post yet conveniently hasn't put his money where his mouth is once in this game. If a baddie was going to keep me around and then get rid of me at LYLO, it'd be Boomslang.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:Boomslang mentions his suspicion of me in every second post yet conveniently hasn't put his money where his mouth is once in this game. If a baddie was going to keep me around and then get rid of me at LYLO, it'd be Boomslang.
It's 11 civilians to 2 baddies. Don't worry, Quin, we'll have plenty of time to lynch you LONG before Lylo. :)

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Perhaps I'm a sucker, but INH's dejection is reading okay to me right now. And in this "bloc", the remaining player who I feel has looked the least genuine at face value is Long Con. It's a very difficult choice because I am struggling with at least one thing for the other two as well. Quin's suspicion of Boomslang is wack, and INH's handling of his immunity is wack.

At least INH has just granted that his immunity is not active today. That's a meaningful thing when he leads by two votes. If he is lynched and nothing happens, well then he's clearly bad. He'd know that. I believe him when he says he is lynchable today.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
Observations:

JJJ voted off any major wagons on both days when it mattered. That looks bad. But He was also the counterwagon to Wilgy, which makes me feel slightly better about him.

INH, Long Con and Quin have voted on the wrong side of both baddie catching lynches, and have voted the same way as each other in all three lynches. Tsk tsk. Probably not more than one of them is bad though, because I can't see baddies voting together every time. Too obvious.

The two confirmed baddies were both low posters and missed votes. Who's carrying the weight of the baddie team?

MP/Spacedaisy have done nothing all game. If they are a third baddie, that fourth one has to be going berserk.

Elohcin 2.0/AP was absent the first two lynches and threw a meaningless late vote on Wilgy today. Could easily be bad, but again, would be frustrating for that team.

Made could have easily voted Jimmy, whom he suspected before, and forced a tie. The fact that he did not makes me trust him.

Blooper, Boomslang, Scotty, Metalmarsh, and Sorsha now have voting records that I consider unimpeachable. Epi looks pretty good too, but he is tricksy.

I would also note that we haven't lynched the Mafia member responsible for the kills yet, and the kills have been sent in every night. This makes Spacedaisy and Elohcin look slightly better.

Top contenders for a Day 4 lynch based solely on voting record: Elohcin 2.0, insertnamehere, JJJ, Long Con, Quin, Spacedaisy. I think the two remaining baddies are hiding in this bunch.
I remember when I read through this post of llama's (I cut out the first part of it which was who voted for whom) I thought it was right on. Revisiting it now I find that I still agree with it except I think it is possible that two of INH/Quin/LC did vote for the same person. I also know Daisy's role now since I am in it and it's a civ role. As someone pointed out earlier in the game MP would have never voted for himself had he been bad.

Epi, Elo asked in one of her posts that everyone give her a day to prove herself yet I don't think she has posted anything today. You indicated it's because it's Thursday - does that mean this day was just to busy for her to post at all? I just find it odd that she asked for a day and then didn't do anything with it.

Wow I got a lot of linki - I will read it after I post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Another point regarding the bloc: I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that one of them is bad. I don't think there's any reason to eliminate a Daisy/Elohcin team, and there's still room for reasonable tinfoil on some more trusted players (llama and Scotty come to mind first).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I mean, look at this:
Boomslang wrote:Alright, finally catching up on all of this. Biggest thread of the thread so far seems to be the Sorsha/Llama spat, and I'm leaning slightly bad on Sorsha because of it. I think JJJ's analysis of the response timing and nature is useful:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I can understand. It's jarring for anyone to be facing an accusation so quickly after a game begins. His accusation came two minutes after your post, as you said, and then your joke response to that came 11 minutes after that. To me that looks a player who is briefly frozen by unexpected pressure searching for a way to approach it.
Sorsha wrote:All for one line and an emoticon? Seriously? How am I supposed to respond to that?
In terms of defense, you're probably not supposed to respond to that. Some accusations don't facilitate defense. It isn't ideal, but a civilian must still render them when they apply. Instead of a defense, I would anticipate a more exploratory response to llama than the one you provided -- even if you believed it was a joke.
However, I think JJJ got away with blaming Sorsha for the use of timestamps. Sorsha just used the phrase "literally two minutes" to describe llama's post. JJJ then emphasizes Sorsha's own timing on his own, and in a later post says, "I wasn't going to mention the timestamps until you brought them up first." That strikes me as shifty.

LC makes an interesting read about Quin buffing up post count through repeated pokes at the same idea (lack of overlap in JJJ's reads). Leaning slightly good on him for that and the follow up posts.

I disagree with INH that llama is pushing a narrative that benefits him. He left his own name off the blender/hunter list, and I don't think he made the strong claim to hunterdom that INH is suggesting.

Epi makes a simple but sensible read on DDL's inconsistency. And DDL has since posted, but not addressed it.

MM feels honest about his minor frustration over the state of game.

Will cast vote once things develop more/I drink it in.
Boomslang wrote:Whew, thanks much to whatever behind-the-scenes shenanigans kept me alive last night! Hopefully we can keep this good juju running.

In all of the discussion about Quin's tinfoil theory, I think people are missing this key post, in which I think he clearly backtracks from the position:
Quin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:It's possible but pretty unlikely that the baddies would block their own kill like that. Especially after losing one of their own in the day one lynch.
That's a good point. I'd say this is more likely a doctor job.
And then he returns to using the theory while defending against Quin, calling it "the second most likely scenario." Also, "There's no tinfoil to be found there. This near-exact scenario happened in the very last game, which you modded." Which again glosses over the differences in context between the Sorsha situation and this hypothetical. I feel like Quin's digging a very deep hole.
Boomslang wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This game messes with your head, man. Right now I feel like Quin is such an obvious baddie that it's making me second guess myself, thinking "it can't be that easy, can it?"
It was that easy with DDL, wasn't it?
Boomslang wrote:Well, I should vote. Epi makes a great point about Quin going after llama for not posting about the tie, but not DDL. Llama is also right to be concerned about MP's self-vote. As I suggested earlier, he might be trying out a new low-post strategy in this game, but self-voting is just so against his meta... However, I tend to give MP the benefit of the doubt when it comes to real-life stuff.

I guess what keeps echoing in my head is llama's doubt, "Could it be that easy?" when it comes to Quin. I'm ok with a Quin lynch, but I also want to bring a little attention to JJJ, and so I will place a vote there.
Boomslang wrote:Back in the saddle for the moment. Some thoughts:
I wouldn't play JJJ's lynch immunity the way he just did, but I'm tempted to believe him. Doing it like this feels like a civ move, because he couldn't know for sure when suspicion would come back on him. If he uses immunity while suspicion is still hot, and proclaims it, he does make the civs more likely to lynch a baddie.
However, I still don't believe LC is bad, based mostly off his interactions with JJJ.
Wilgy definitely looks weird. Casting an incredibly wide net, throwing tinfoil at me despite "all rational thinking." I'm ok with a vote there, especially because we can't get Quin and probably can't/shouldn't get JJJ.

INH probably deserves more of a look. Went very quiet after Day 1, the result of which spoke against his llama case (which was his tunnel). He claimed he was going to reassess things, but has since stayed under the radar.
Boomslang wrote:Hmm, so many lynch immunities claimed. Assuming they're all true, all we have to do is wait out another day before we can return to business as usual... which I'm prepared to do. On further reflection, I'm worried about the INH-LC-Quin "axis of evil." All of them, plus Wilgy, voted for llama on Day 1. Would three of those four have made that vote if they were all in fact mafia? Maybe two of them, but I doubt they'd leave themselves that open.

And with two of them claiming immunity, I'd like to talk about Made. Missed the first vote, voted JJJ late to tie the poll for Day 2, then piled on the Wilgy train late on Day 3. At 11 posts, he's active enough not to be a shameful low poster. His first big substantive post includes a short defense of Quin. He says he doesn't want to force a tie by voting JJJ, then does so anyway. Slowly adjusts his criticism of Quin to match the thread consensus while tempering it with a healthy dose of WIFOM.

Have we found our outlier baddie? I'd like to guess Quin and Made to solve the puzzle, please.

Linki w/INH: Vote Made with me?
He's talked about me more than he has anybody else and never has he said anything that might put him off voting for me. I'm pretty sure that just now was his first post talking about Made. He already wants to vote for him. Whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:To Made's point, when I've made frustrated "just lynch me already" appeals in the past, I've almost always ben civ. It's something I see a lot less from baddies.

Someone has to be first, so I will place my vote on INH now. We will see if he really protected himself or not.
But wait...didn't you avoid voting for JJJ because he claimed he had an immunity? Why are you less inclined to believe INH? You were gung-ho against JJJ in several posts up until:
thellama73 wrote: I have decided I don't want to lynch JJJ. While the objective evidence against him is very strong, my heart says he is good. He has remained so calm during all this, and I think a baddie with absentee teammates would be more on edge. His interaction analysis last phase was genuinely helpful. If he is bad, he is playing such a good game thta he deserves to live another phase.
Calling shenanigans on this. Everything about him looks bad, except your heart says he's good? JJJ doesn't play a panicked game. I've never seen the dude panic. And deserving to live another phase if he's bad?? What??
thellama73 wrote:

Wait, Quin has a "spirited self-defense"? I hardly call "lynch me, go ahead and do it!" a self-defense, let alone spirited. And you mentioned before that if you were in the position of the current baddies (possibly one active baddie with absentee teammates) that you would "also be apathetic and depressed" in the thread, but I don't believe that, and I don't think you really do, either (of most other people). That statement makes me think you're just digging for something against INH.

Your last vote makes you look good, but your recent posts stink to me.

I'm still not off of JJJ, either. That voting record stinks. And sure, most logic would say yes, there's no way he would claim to have an immunity and then allow his teammate to die, only to set himself to be lynched the next day. But this isn't most logic. This is JJJ, who should never be trusted. And now I'm seriously tinfoiling the both of you for now pushing this thread towards INH.

God dangit. I need a moment. And some feedback.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

And why are we going after inactives at this point when we know there's an active baddie??
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I've changed my mind. I think all the remaining players should vote for Elohcin 2.0.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Boomslang, it'd be ideal for you to at least answer to Quin's allegations.

oh hi, linki
I voted for you because I thought you were in the wrong about LC and being overly pushy/thread-controlling about it. If Quin calls that "disingenuous," that's his problem, not mine. I've stepped back from that position after your immunity claim, because think that claim was a civ move meant to get the town moving in more productive lynch directions, which it in fact did. My line about returning suspicion was meant to reflect that the lynch was not in fact tied in the poll—Quin had the vote lead. I had assumed people would thus go for Quin first, and then pursue other targets at their leisure, but conveniently he wasn't on the Day 3 poll.

Linki w/Quin: You're just mad because I found your other teammate.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:I've changed my mind. I think all the remaining players should vote for Elohcin 2.0.
Why?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:JJJ is my favourite person in this game, because I'd probably be nightkilled by now if it weren't for him.
This is a new point about Long Con I am thinking about. On a couple occasions he has asserted that he's pleased to receive some suspicion because it dissuades his being night killed. In this comment he says he'd have probably been night killed without my aggression.

I don't know why he'd feel that way. Even without me in the equation, his voting record is still bad and there's still no objective evidence in his favor. I don't see why he'd ever be night killed over the people who have been targeted (Boomslang and Marmot were both strongly trusted after the DDL lynch, and Elohcin 1.0 had roleblocker cred).

On some level this reads to me like a bad guy feeling the need to justify his continued survival.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”