thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 185

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Day 4]

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:All:

Tell me why we shouldn't lynch Elohcin.
She's not here to defend herself, which I know is an "old-school" reason not to Lynch someone but you asked.
But it's not like she hasn't had lots of opportunity to be here to defend herself. We told her she was a suspect yesterday and she asked for more time, which we gave her.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 290
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorsha wrote:

What do we learn if she flips civ?
That she wasn't bad. The suspect pool is rather narrow in my eyes and it would be simple enough to proceed from there to a new option.

I care about lynching baddies. That is my priority. Worrying about what we might learn if X is a civilian is a losing strategy IMO.
juliets wrote:

She's not here to defend herself, which I know is an "old-school" reason not to Lynch someone but you asked.
Yeah, that's not my favorite thing either. I'd still lynch her though. Ain't nobody got time for free passes.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 266

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I don't know why this would mean anything. They have changed, for the most part.

linki: Because she is a less-than promising candidate. She feels like a good Day 1 lynch right now. That doesn't fly here.
It would mean that you're either very stubborn or you're fake. Neither is ideal. I think you are 0 for 3 in your Boomslang/llama/JJJ triumvirate and those seem to be the names you've been most interested in hanging for quite some time now. I have a new challenge for you:

Tell me why your suspects are civilians.
Boomslang was early to vote for two baddies. Wilgy tried to save DDL with a llama vote. I have no reason to view you as a civilian.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

The suspect pool is narrow but there's no room for a pass while we wait on content. Ok.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

But it's not like she hasn't had lots of opportunity to be here to defend herself. We told her she was a suspect yesterday and she asked for more time, which we gave her.
Yes thats true and is the reason why I'm willing to vote for her even though she hasn't been here. I'm just trying to think of every reason not to possible.

I don't agree with Quin's reason though, it doesn't feel like a day 1 lynch to me.

lots o'linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:The suspect pool is narrow but there's no room for a pass while we wait on content. Ok.
That's right. We don't have an infinite number of day phases to screw around. Every single day survived by a baddie is a significant victory for their team. That's literally how I approach the game when I am bad -- what do I have to do to make it to the next day phase?.

Elohcin not being here is not an indicator that she's a civilian. It doesn't matter to me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Updated Post 1:
  • * updated player list

* added permalink for Juliets' posts
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 253

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:What's the gist of the case against Eloh 2.0?
~ Process of elimination

~ Her suspicions of Epi and I look fake

~ She requested an extension and didn't do anything with it

~ Her Wilgy vote was too late to mean anything, and when she answered to that it was pretty much to second my own comments.

~ I am less personally invested in the circumstantial replacement-relevant suspicion, but it exists.
That's not what I have, and I'd leave the extension out of it.
Epignosis wrote:I don't agree that Eloh's #1 being about Wilgy makes her look good. I gather the opposite. Her Wilgy comment seems to be out of left field to me. I am immediately suspicious of anyone who offers this as their reason for suspicion:
#1 is Wilgy. Quiet...quiet...quiet....And then he is here with fire. Makes me wonder if he is bad, was laying low, and then suddenly felt the need to come in and defend himself because his teammates said so.
There are a few issues I have with this:

First, where did this sudden opinion of Wilgy come from? I don't recall her talking about him before.
Second, I've been bad a lot. I have never seen anyone tell a teammate "You need to come in and defend yourself." Therefore this opinion looks fabricated to me. If I squint a little, I maybe have seen people coaching someone new to Mafia who doesn't know the first thing, but Wilgy isn't new.
Third, consider Wilgy himself- does he lie low when bad? I don't think so. He pretty much does whatever he wants. Vompatti, Jr., I believe I've called him before.
Fourth, this is a terribly specific accusation that is introduced with the "Makes me wonder" phrase. That's a phrase that can be applied to just about anything to give yourself leeway in the future.

I'm sorry. Her eventual vote notwithstanding, none of this makes me think Eloh2 is on the good side.
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Question: If INH was off the poll, who would get your vote and why?
I think I'd be deciding between Elohcin 2.0 and Long Con right now. Process of elimination leads me to them plus Quin, and I think Quin looks okay at face value. LC is a lasting suspicion; my biggest hesitation would be the significant personal bias I know I have embedded in that suspicion. Elohcin would be the safe choice. LC would be the gamble. I'm not sure what my final answer would be.

How about you?
Ordinarily, Eloh. You wanted more from her and she didn't deliver, but today is Thursday, and on a Thursday, you can forget getting anything out of her. So I don't blame her for not posting much.

I don't like circumstantial evidence nine times out of ten, but I think this one is pretty good. When I'm mafia, I don't want people I've killed coming back to the land of the living. Think about it: If Mafia killed Eloh not because of any role information, but simply because she was on the right track with her suspicion, and then she comes back via replacement, she is free to keep pounding the drum of her suspicion using the role of an inactive that you didn't think you'd have to worry about in the immediate.

Replacements like that made some sense back in the day when you had to be alive to win, but if you win with your faction, there's not too huge of a reason to be upset that you were eliminated.
Although she just put my new chair together, so if I lynch her and she's good, I'm going to feel like a heel.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Her vote against Wilgy was opportunistically timed, the timing and circumstances of her replacing back in are suspicious (although I am less sympathetic to this part of the case, as expounded by Epignosis) and she asked for a day to explain herself and then promptly disappeared. Her predecessor, AP, was basically an absentee.

Bad voting record. Bad participation. That combined with the process of elimination I outlined above makes me thing she is surely bad.
Again, I would leave participation on Thursdays out of the equation.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Her vote against Wilgy was opportunistically timed, the timing and circumstances of her replacing back in are suspicious (although I am less sympathetic to this part of the case, as expounded by Epignosis) and she asked for a day to explain herself and then promptly disappeared. Her predecessor, AP, was basically an absentee.

Bad voting record. Bad participation. That combined with the process of elimination I outlined above makes me thing she is surely bad.
But then why did she ask for a day to prove herself if she wasn't going to be here?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Sorsha »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:The suspect pool is narrow but there's no room for a pass while we wait on content. Ok.
That's right. We don't have an infinite number of day phases to screw around. Every single day survived by a baddie is a significant victory for their team. That's literally how I approach the game when I am bad -- what do I have to do to make it to the next day phase?.

Elohcin not being here is not an indicator that she's a civilian. It doesn't matter to me.
This is a good point... points actually.

Ok I'll vote Eloh. I don't know what's happening to my jay suspicion.

Also, reading bloopers big post about llama I'd have expected her to vote him and not jay.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

But then why did she ask for a day to prove herself if she wasn't going to be here?
I think you're taking it too literally. I don't think we should be throwing suspicion at her just because she didn't post within the period she asked for. 'Give me a day to prove myself' can just as easily mean 'Give me a chance' to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

She hasn't had lots of opportunity. She literally hasn't been home all day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

She doesn't think when she speaks. :shrug2:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Who's on your short list?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not saying "Don't vote Eloh." All I'm saying is, "Don't let the fact that she hasn't been around when she asked for time factor into your vote." She hasn't been around. That is all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Other than her, you. I don't like lynching for information, but that seems to be what you want. Were this a fully open-setup Heist, I wouldn't bother, because you could be killed and then I would know your role. You seem to want everybody to know your role. :shrug:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ten minutes to Lynch O'Clock, folks. Let's get those votes in.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In that vein though, Boomslang voted you, Quin. If he were bad and thought you had information on him, he wouldn't want you lynched.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Other than her, you. I don't like lynching for information, but that seems to be what you want. Were this a fully open-setup Heist, I wouldn't bother, because you could be killed and then I would know your role. You seem to want everybody to know your role. :shrug:
My role is insignificant. I know there's some damn good arguments to be made against me and I know I'm basically immune from night kills now. I don't want to stick around until LYLO and have the baddies turn on me then. It's just a matter of damage control.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not saying "Don't vote Eloh." All I'm saying is, "Don't let the fact that she hasn't been around when she asked for time factor into your vote." She hasn't been around. That is all.
Ok, thanks for the info Epi. I'll take that out of the equation. There is still enough there though that I am comfortable voting for her so I'm going to go ahead and vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

My role is insignificant. I know there's some damn good arguments to be made against me and I know I'm basically immune from night kills now. I don't want to stick around until LYLO and have the baddies turn on me then. It's just a matter of damage control.
Then that's a moronic reason to lynch you. Pass.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

No ties. No ties. No ties. NO TIES.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:In that vein though, Boomslang voted you, Quin. If he were bad and thought you had information on him, he wouldn't want you lynched.
Unless he thinks I'm denim mini, there aren't any roles that would lend to that theory.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:No ties. No ties. No ties. NO TIES.
THIS. Bearing in mind that there are two vote manipulation roles.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I also think Eloh's suspicion of me may be genuine. I think it's possible she honestly didn't understand my circumstantial case against her, and she saw me as bad for it. "What the hell? I haven't even said anything!"
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I haven't read the last fifty or so posts, but I voted Eloh so as to not make it a tie, and she could easily be bad. Still at work, be back later to read up and talk.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Made tried to tie it up as I posted.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I haven't read the last fifty or so posts, but I voted Eloh so as to not make it a tie, and she could easily be bad. Still at work, be back later to read up and talk.
Thanks. Now I can't vote INH. :meany:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'd rather Eloh than INH.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think I will vote Eloh though. I have the most reason to believe A Person, whom she replaced, was bad, and if I'm wrong, I have the opportunity to make it up for her by kicking ass the next Day.

By then I can come off the couch.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Come on, Made. Get your head in the game.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My ideal way of playing has just gone down the shitter in this game. At this point I'm just being lazy.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:My ideal way of playing has just gone down the shitter in this game. At this point I'm just being lazy.
What's your ideal way of playing?

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Like what Quin said, an Eloh vote feel like a day one vote, and while we might not learn much about roles in a open set up game, we learn more about intent when someone with more said dies rather than voting someone who we don't have a reason to believe they're civvie.

Voted INH

linki: I didn't vote for a tie, i voted to keep it close
Pov: you reading my takes
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote:My ideal way of playing has just gone down the shitter in this game. At this point I'm just being lazy.
Not being lazy. I try way too hard to fit the high poster archetype. Although that's really just not in my nature.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Not being lazy. I try way too hard to fit the high poster archetype. Although that's really just not in my nature.
I love you just the way you are.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I love you just the way you are.
Tell me that after I put the knife down from your throat.
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

inb4 Eloh had an lynch immunity
Pov: you reading my takes
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Night 4]

Post by Mongoose »

Day 4: I'll Never Pho-Get you

The group got pho. It was so hot that Elohcin died.

Elohcin 2.0 has died. She was the Denim Backpack.

Denim Backpack:

You are an indie and can win with either side! You just need to survive.
It is now Night 4. You have until 8pm EST to send in your PMs and send in your night actions.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

well
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: Felt Mafia 2 [Polls]

Post by Mongoose »

Day 4

Who over-excited Marmot?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41:03 pm

Boomslang
No votes
Elochin 2.0
JaggedJimmyJay (4), Sorsha (8), juliets (9), Long Con (11), Quin (13), Epignosis (14) 43%
Epignosis
No votes
insertnamehere
thellama73 (2), Scotty (3), Made (12) 21%
JaggedJimmyJay
nijuukyugou (5) 7%
LongCon
No votes
Made
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
Boomslang (7) 7%
Scotty
No votes
Sorsha
No votes
SpaceDaisy
No votes
thellama73
insertnamehere (6) 7%
Alison's Bruncherie and Boulangerie (Host/Mod/NPs/Deadies)
Mongoose (1), Metalmarsh89 (10) 14%
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Off to the couch go I.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No civilian lynches though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, she wasn't bad AND I can't make it up to her by kicking ass tomorrow.

Thankfully I love my couch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Semi-bummer. At least she wasn't a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why would A Person abandon that role? You could do nothing and win.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Less than ideal, but at least now we know about that secret role.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dang, but glad she wasn't civ - silly AP

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”