7%

Total votes: 15
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:No hammer vote.
I agree. That's partly why I haven't voted.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Some of my family went fishing yesterday and came back empty handed. I guess I got the good genes.
Keep this one for sockys 2017.

Also, I read through the OP and didn't get any reference to five baddies either. It's quite dense, though.
I think my sig one was better.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I haven't played with hammer votes in a long time, so I didn't really think about the strategy behind it. So yeah, I don't think anybody else should throw their votes down on Dyslexicon yet. Let's discuss some other stuff.

What does everyone think about Sorsha re: my 'case'?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

U can't Touch this

VOTALS:

Dyslexicon (3): Quin, nutella, Scotty
Scotty (1): JJJ
Fredwood (1): DrWilgy
Strawhenge (1): MM
Silver Lantern (1): Soneji
JJJ (1): Dyslexicon
INH (1): Long Con
Long Con (1): Speedchuck

With 21 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch, and 6 to soft lynch. Day 1 will end on 14th February, 2017 at 10pm EST, or in approx. 51 hours.

Reminder, that no one is lynched if the Soft Lynch number is not reached
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Silver Lantern »

I think the # of mafia thing is suspicious enough that I have no issues voting for him/her.

If we get to 6 votes on someone, the phase ends?
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Silver Lantern wrote:I think the # of mafia thing is suspicious enough that I have no issues voting for him/her.

My understanding is that its 11 that ends the phase, but 6 are required to have any lynch at all. So we have to make sure at least somebody has 6 votes at day end. This is something we have to be careful about, because mafia could engineer a no lynch.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Quin wrote:I haven't played with hammer votes in a long time, so I didn't really think about the strategy behind it. So yeah, I don't think anybody else should throw their votes down on Dyslexicon yet. Let's discuss some other stuff.

I agree that her response was fluff, but I don't see how she's 'appeasing' Jay. Would you care to unpack that thought a little?
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Silver Lantern wrote:I think the # of mafia thing is suspicious enough that I have no issues voting for him/her.

I would advise what Jay advised: give Dyslexicon a chance to respond before piling votes on. We don't want a premature hammer-lynch if Dyslexicon has a reasonable explanation.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Seems like an odd thing to slip up on. I can't really be sure because I don't have an expanded Dossier on anyone particularly Dyslexicon. Seems odd that literally nothing else they posted took anything seriously then all of the sudden they post game relevant information that would get them lynched. It just appears counter intuitive to the representation of their character.

Again, the lack of experience forces me to defer on this argument. I probably shouldn't apply logic based on personal experience to people I've never met.

As to Sorsha, the comment barely registered at the time as anything signifigant, but since it gives us something else to talk about, I guess it serves a purpose, still think it was a joke. As someone who posts a lot of jokes that people don't register I am sympathetic and perhaps too lenient in my view of failed attempts at humor.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Golden wrote:

My understanding is that its 11 that ends the phase, but 6 are required to have any lynch at all. So we have to make sure at least somebody has 6 votes at day end. This is something we have to be careful about, because mafia could engineer a no lynch.
Yes that was also my understanding, it just seemed like JJJ was calling for a slow down, but I guess he was just saying not to pile on votes.

What's the mafia/town ratio for this # of players on this site? Where I usually play its usually 20-25% depending on powers. It's a power heavy meta.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:As to Sorsha, the comment barely registered at the time as anything signifigant, but since it gives us something else to talk about, I guess it serves a purpose, still think it was a joke. As someone who posts a lot of jokes that people don't register I am sympathetic and perhaps too lenient in my view of failed attempts at humor.
That wasn't funny at all...

Just sayin. :biggrin:
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Is Dfaraday usually a low poster?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Strawhenge wrote:
Quin wrote:I haven't played with hammer votes in a long time, so I didn't really think about the strategy behind it. So yeah, I don't think anybody else should throw their votes down on Dyslexicon yet. Let's discuss some other stuff.

I agree that her response was fluff, but I don't see how she's 'appeasing' Jay. Would you care to unpack that thought a little?
I gave my thoughts about it when I answered Golden here:
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:I didn't really expect Sorsha to consider the girls to be town. At this point, any argument for why one should be voted to have the map was inherently facetious.

I find Sorsha's response fair. She didn't say she read them as civilian, she said she had no reason to think they weren't. Useful pedantry. I disagree with Quin's assessment that she 'appeased' Jay.
By answering the questions the way she did, it looks like she's confirming her post to have been based on reads, which omits what I think the post was based on, the gimmick. That's the impression I get.
To say it more explicitly, I feel like not being honest about her intentions behind the post and just playing into the idea that it was read-based was an effort to appease 3J.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Strawhenge wrote:

I would advise what Jay advised: give Dyslexicon a chance to respond before piling votes on. We don't want a premature hammer-lynch if Dyslexicon has a reasonable explanation.
This might be just a difference usage of terminology, but where Silver and I come from Hammer means ending the phase with a lynch....final nail in the coffin etc. Since 6 is a soft lynch threshold and we're already talking about a hammer vote is what is confusing. I think 6 is actually a good amount for pressure because it indicates that we're serious about it, instead of trying to skate if you don't answer to get people to remove their vote you will end up dead at the end of the phase.

I haven't voted for Dyslexicon either, but I'm not one to rush to voting. However I guess there is a chance that if the 5 scum slip holds true that if we get 6 civ votes ond Dys then 11 becomes an attainable lynch, but if there are 5 scum I'm sure at least one of them would be smarter then to play their hand that overtly on Day 1.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Golden wrote:

Yes that was also my understanding, it just seemed like JJJ was calling for a slow down, but I guess he was just saying not to pile on votes.

What's the mafia/town ratio for this # of players on this site? Where I usually play its usually 20-25% depending on powers. It's a power heavy meta.
1) Our setups can be wildly different. For the game to be balanced you'd expect around 20-25%, but what if there are two teams, or malignant indys etc. The setups are normal more often than not but they can vary, and

2) Sprit is really bringing this set up (mostly, as far as I can tell) from elsewhere, so we have no idea of what he might do. This game set up is relatively new here (or at least could be).

Also, if we are talking about Dizzy, it's only his second game here, so he isn't overly familiar with this site either.
Silver Lantern wrote:Is Dfaraday usually a low poster?
The lowest we've got. Except maybe Vompatti.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Fredwood wrote:As to Sorsha, the comment barely registered at the time as anything signifigant, but since it gives us something else to talk about, I guess it serves a purpose, still think it was a joke. As someone who posts a lot of jokes that people don't register I am sympathetic and perhaps too lenient in my view of failed attempts at humor.
That wasn't funny at all...

Just sayin. :biggrin:

I have failed once again.

Ya'll people need to stop posting when I'm writing a reply.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Golden wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Golden wrote:

1) Our setups can be wildly different. For the game to be balanced you'd expect around 20-25%, but what if there are two teams, or malignant indys etc. The setups are normal more often than not but they can vary, and

2) Sprit is really bringing this set up (mostly, as far as I can tell) from elsewhere, so we have no idea of what he might do. This game set up is relatively new here (or at least could be).

Also, if we are talking about Dizzy, it's only his second game here, so he isn't overly familiar with this site either.
Silver Lantern wrote:Is Dfaraday usually a low poster?
The lowest we've got. Except maybe Vompatti.

Awww you got a Grinner and Velius here too!!!
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:

This might be just a difference usage of terminology, but where Silver and I come from Hammer means ending the phase with a lynch....final nail in the coffin etc. Since 6 is a soft lynch threshold and we're already talking about a hammer vote is what is confusing. I think 6 is actually a good amount for pressure because it indicates that we're serious about it, instead of trying to skate if you don't answer to get people to remove their vote you will end up dead at the end of the phase.

I haven't voted for Dyslexicon either, but I'm not one to rush to voting. However I guess there is a chance that if the 5 scum slip holds true that if we get 6 civ votes ond Dys then 11 becomes an attainable lynch, but if there are 5 scum I'm sure at least one of them would be smarter then to play their hand that overtly on Day 1.
Yeah for us "To Hammer" means to place the last vote presumably needed to lynch (i.e. vote # 11 here).
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Strawhenge wrote:I don't know if Syndicate indicates people as 'online' for a while after they log off, like on RYM, but Dyslexicon was 'browsing this forum' through to the start of pg.7, plus some minutes. FWIW.
I am guessing this sort of Meta Data is not frowned upon here?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:I don't know if Syndicate indicates people as 'online' for a while after they log off, like on RYM, but Dyslexicon was 'browsing this forum' through to the start of pg.7, plus some minutes. FWIW.
I am guessing this sort of Meta Data is not frowned upon here?
It's not useful. I think there's about a 20 minute lag, plus people can appear hidden if they want.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Quin wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:

I gave my thoughts about it when I answered Golden here:
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:I didn't really expect Sorsha to consider the girls to be town. At this point, any argument for why one should be voted to have the map was inherently facetious.

I find Sorsha's response fair. She didn't say she read them as civilian, she said she had no reason to think they weren't. Useful pedantry. I disagree with Quin's assessment that she 'appeased' Jay.
By answering the questions the way she did, it looks like she's confirming her post to have been based on reads, which omits what I think the post was based on, the gimmick. That's the impression I get.
To say it more explicitly, I feel like not being honest about her intentions behind the post and just playing into the idea that it was read-based was an effort to appease 3J.
I'm not reading it as dishonest at all. I don't see a correlation between her intention of the post, and her town reads on the players she mentioned. It reads to me like she made a joke post, but also happens to think they're townies insofar. She also didn't expressly say that she thought they were town; she said Jay could 'safely assume' that, because she didn't have any scum reads on them at the moment.

That's how I'm interpreting it anyway. It's entirely possible that she would want to look good by appeasing Jay, but I can't imagine why she would have needed to appease him. He wasn't accusing her of anything, so she would have no reason to be defensive.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

insertnamehere wrote:
Long Con wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
I think you're inventing a problem where there isn't likely to be one, and you're suspecting people for it. This seems like a false way to have an opinion.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:
Would you care to be specific in your complete discrediting of my posts, or do you expect to just say "nuh-uh," throw a vote my way and hope someone else bites?]
aubergine
[VOTE:
Does it have to be one or the other?

If you need me to explain further, I can do that. Your first real post of the game was to cast doubt on the map-claimers. I happen to think that, if any map-claiming is going to happen, then it's a good thing to have a couple of other dudes covering the claimer's tracks. So, right away, you're going after guys I thought looked more townish.

Then I thought about your reason. They're suspicious now for something you imagined they might try to do in the future. WTF? Does not compute. How about waiting to see if one of them tries to do what you say before squinting at them with your eyebrow thing?

And why so hesitant to cast a vote?]
aubergine
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Golden wrote:I think there's about a 20 minute lag
Good to know; I'll stop screaming through the screen at those who are browsing the thread and not responding.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Strawhenge wrote:
Golden wrote:I think there's about a 20 minute lag
Good to know; I'll stop screaming through the screen at those who are browsing the thread and not responding.
I hope you weren't screaming at me. I also tend to be Mafia-ing, then play with kids or wash dishes, refresh, read quick, then go do something else... plus I'm in the Champs game too, and it's 10 minutes till lynch time right now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:
Long Con wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
I think you're inventing a problem where there isn't likely to be one, and you're suspecting people for it. This seems like a false way to have an opinion.

*lynch vote for INH*
On the contrary, I think it's pretty good D1 play. I support it. I also support flinging votes that cause discussion, suspicion, and pressure. I do not support shutting down lines of questioning that result in discussion, suspicion, and pressure. Which is what it seemed like you did.

Support Long Con for Lynchee
Well, I don't want to be someone who shuts down discussion. That was not my intention. I'm just rubbed the wrong way at how INH came at the map-claimers, it seems backward to me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Long Con wrote:

That's a problem.

[VOTE: ] aubergine
[VOTE:
Would you care to be specific in your complete discrediting of my posts, or do you expect to just say "nuh-uh," throw a vote my way and hope someone else bites?]
aubergine
[VOTE:
Does it have to be one or the other?

If you need me to explain further, I can do that. Your first real post of the game was to cast doubt on the map-claimers. I happen to think that, if any map-claiming is going to happen, then it's a good thing to have a couple of other dudes covering the claimer's tracks. So, right away, you're going after guys I thought looked more townish.

Then I thought about your reason. They're suspicious now for something you imagined they might try to do in the future. WTF? Does not compute. How about waiting to see if one of them tries to do what you say before squinting at them with your eyebrow thing?

And why so hesitant to cast a vote?]
aubergine
[VOTE:

Can you point to the post where he's suspicious of this?]
aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH:

What do you suspect may have been the nefarious motivations for three people (now four) all claiming to have the map? In particular, what worries you about Golden's flip-flop in that discussion?
I feel like the reason is patently obvious: to control the conversation and influence where people go. I don't think it's too big of a leap to think that the mafia has info about certain destinations leading to certain effects. I could see at the very least one scummeister fake-claiming just to gain credibility.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

If he's referring to 3J, marmot and Golden specifically, all of them had already claimed. I don't think controlling the conversation is something baddies 'will do', rather I think it's just a constant approach to the game. I don't really see it.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:If he's referring to 3J, marmot and Golden specifically, all of them had already claimed. I don't think controlling the conversation is something baddies 'will do', rather I think it's just a constant approach to the game. I don't really see it.
He's not talking about claiming, he's talking about them controlling/influencing the direction we take based on them being the map holder. Which, if it were going to happen... well, it would make more sense to keep quiet about it and catch them in the act, rather than blurting it outright and making sure it doesn't happen.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I see it.

I can understand the reason behind his suspicion, and I feel good about the fact that he considered it. But it's true that casting suspicion before they've actually done the thing he's worried about is counter-productive.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll just plop myself on the fence until he gets back to you.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I do, however, think the possible Dyslexicon-slip to be much more juicy. The INH vote is just a pressure-vote... if Slex can't explain this 5-knowledge, then the vote cast would be quite a bit more serious.
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Changeable votes?
I like this game already!

Vote: Golden
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Changeable votes?

hey
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No u

Vote: Nachomamma8[/quote]
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 0 - Out of the Frying Pan

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Fredwood wrote:It's my first game, I deserve a map. It was rather difficult to sign up and meet new people.
I like Fredwood throwing his name already; probably not a significant tell unless he's super inexperienced but the way it happened seemed relaxed enough.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Quin wrote:

hey
Hi!
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm open to other map requests, but I want to know how y'all intend to forge a civilian victory in this game if you are entrusted with it.
How is responding to the question "how will you forge a civilian victory in this game?" ever indicative of alignment? It seems to me that the most important factor of these items are getting them into town hands, no?
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm open to other map requests, but I want to know how y'all intend to forge a civilian victory in this game if you are entrusted with it.
I'll lead lynches on the unanimous civ-reads and make a fool of myself.
Town read.
If that's what it takes for you to give me the map.
That being said, I seem to be townreading Quin for an exchange sparked by the "Civilian Victory" comment so egg on my face.
Golden wrote:
nutella wrote:Oh boy a fresh hot new game!

The map thing kinda reminds me of selecting prefects, in that it kinda feels almost like some kind of popularity/trust contest between the enthusiastic players who nominate themselves, and it feels dangerous to put that trust in someone who asks for it but... idk, anyone who played that game should remember that whole can of worms. But it would be best to eventually form some kind of consensus, we just have to hope we don't pick the wrong nominee. :shrug:

As for the poll I don't know what the context or consequences may be but I think scientist is the coolest out of those :nicenod:
The more I think about it, the more I think people should just go with their gut and not declare it. It does potentially put a target on a person's back.

Also, I don't remember what game the prefect thing was now, and what actually happened with that?

I'm assuming in this game there will be more items (based on the way the PM was written) and so there will be opportunities to spread them out a bit, hopefully.
I can't foresee a situation where "this player has an item" is a reason for me to nightkill them as scum over "this person is a threat to my team" and if the scumteam has a different approach then I don't think there is a very good chance of us losing this game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like nutella and Strawhenge already.
I can see a case for Strawhenge (and probably agree now that I think about it), but why nutella?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Fredwood wrote:It's my first game, I deserve a map. It was rather difficult to sign up and meet new people.
Fredwood's four posts are only marginally relevant, but I still react positively. This in particular, where he calls for the map, pleases me considering the personality he conveyed in the sign-up thread:
Fredwood wrote:Thanks. Jack and Silver are the only two names I recognize been competing with them from anywhere from 5 to 10 years. I'm not a proper representation of the talent pool, I'm not very good (false humility), going to have to find a way to figure out how games are played here.
If there's any truth to the highlighted portion, I'd anticipate a civilian Fredwood would be a lot more comfortable doing that right off the bat than a mafioso Fredwood in this foreign environment. This read can be qualified with a little insight from those people who have played with Fredwood before -- please tell me what you think of this perspective.
Second post reinforces my townread there.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Silver Lantern wrote:Hi everyone. Apologies for dumb questions ahead of time, I will be asking them all game and for games to come too.

DO NOT GIVE ME THE MAP, I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE ME THE MAP.

Alright, now that I got the reverse psychology argument out of the way, should we try to coordinate the poll votes, or would that be against the spirit of the game? And would there be a benefit in doing so? I am guessing not much aside from pissing off the mod.

You guys call the mod the host here from what I gather, right?

What is BTSC?

What is Civ or Civilian? Is that like a regular townie?
I skimread Soneji voting this slot and now find myself wondering why.

Vote: Soneji

being able to change my vote continues to feel wonderful.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I can't foresee a situation where "this player has an item" is a reason for me to nightkill them as scum over "this person is a threat to my team" and if the scumteam has a different approach then I don't think there is a very good chance of us losing this game.
I think there are lots of reasons baddies kill people. Threat is one, but not the only. And who is to say how big a threat baddies perceive items to be.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

You guys normally cannot change votes?

How uncivilized... heh.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Silver Lantern wrote:You guys normally cannot change votes?

How uncivilized... heh.
In recent memory most of the time votes have been changeable. :nicenod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

nutella wrote:So if day 1 starts tonight I believe that means we have to have map votes in by 10pm EST today (a little over 6 hours from now).

I liked the way LC nominated himself, and I want to trust him I think. Though the way he worded it also felt like a preemptive safeguard against future suspicion on him. But I think that's fine.
I also feel super good about JJJ now. Super civ leader mode, strong green aura :p And I always want to trust Golden but I'm a little more wary of him fooling me.

I think my map vote will be one of those... unless I decide to be more secretive about it, which may be a good decision seeing as the map disappears if the owner is killed :scared: (I'm assuming based on the description of items in the rules, and because the votes are private, that the recipient will not be publicly announced)
I agree that the way LC nominated himself (in particular saying that giving it to more obvious townies would be painting targets on their back) seemed town, but not townie enough compared to Strawhenge/Fred/Silver Lantern/JJJ reads, which are currently the townreads I'm willing to put a tiny ounce of confidence in.
Silver Lantern wrote:
Quin wrote:I mistook poll votes for map votes. I apologise.
Great, now I just look like I got overly defensive for nothing. I bet that won't ping anyone. :fishslap:
Love this person.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would prefer not to disclose all of the details of the map, because the mafia team might be able to find ways to turn it to their advantage. I will say though that Golden's guesses are at least reasonably close all things considered. Once I have had a few opportunities to utilize it myself and get acquainted with the effects it creates, I might be more inclined to talk about it. We'll see.
JJJ faking having the map is a decent towntell for me on top of fairly good engagement/content so far.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I don't understand the progression from ONE to TWO to THREE. I poked Sorsha about her girls-only map promotion to determine whether/how much she cared about the recipient of the map being a trustworthy civilian (instead of merely a female). She told me that she did care. So I then extracted, via the transitive property, the implied reads that she had not overtly stated:

1. Sorsha wants a female to get the map.
2. Sorsha wants a civilian to get the map.
Thus
Conclusion: Sorsha believes the females are civilians.

Beyond those specifics, squeezing reads out of people is what I do and I know you've seen that before many times. You look fake right now. I rescind my town read.
You're missing the possibility that Sorsha doesn't believe her "females should get maps!" joke will gain much traction, which seems like the likeliest possibility to me.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Quin wrote:

Disagree with that; just looked like she was being snarky.
Trying to appease Jay by taking the position that Eloh/Nutella were stronger townreads than everyone else would have been exceedingly silly.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:You guys normally cannot change votes?

How uncivilized... heh.
In recent memory most of the time votes have been changeable. :nicenod:
Are there commas missing there which can alter the meaning?

Are you saying that "most of the time, votes have been changeable", or is a "time vote" a thing?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nachomamma8 wrote:JJJ faking having the map is a decent towntell for me on top of fairly good engagement/content so far.
Is this fishing?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
How is responding to the question "how will you forge a civilian victory in this game?" ever indicative of alignment? It seems to me that the most important factor of these items are getting them into town hands, no?
It's a question directly relevant to one's mindset and motivation. Its promise for alignment-indicative responses is limited as is essentially any spam-phase question, but yanno one has to ask something or another. When we're talking about this specific context, as in who is deserving of receiving an item which presumably can benefit the civilian cause, what kind of question would you ask instead?
Nachomamma8 wrote:I can see a case for Strawhenge (and probably agree now that I think about it), but why nutella?
I liked the way her brain went straight to the most recent example of a pre-game vote akin to the map in this one (her reference to "prefects" stems from a different game here) as she pondered aloud the matter of how to approach the map. It looked authentic.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

And one more before I go to sleep

VOTALS:

Dyslexicon (3): Quin, nutella, Scotty
Scotty (1): JJJ
Fredwood (1): DrWilgy
Strawhenge (1): MM
Silver Lantern (1): Soneji
JJJ (1): Dyslexicon
INH (1): Long Con
Long Con (1): Speedchuck
Soneji (1): Nachomamma
Nachomamma (1): Golden

With 21 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch, and 6 to soft lynch. Day 1 will end on 14th February, 2017 at 10pm EST, or in approx. 49 hours.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Soneji wrote: A rather strong reaction to what was a rather tame observation. Wants evidence supporting the accusation but is already dismissing it as a fake argument, therefore backhandedly saying that Quin is scum.

[VOTE: ] aubergine[VOTE:

Don't understand how Quin is reading into Sorsha's posts so strongly. Her responses to JJJ pretty plainly state that she would like for her vote to have given the map to a civ and that she doesn't have reason to suspect at the moment that the other girls are mafia.]
aubergine
[VOTE:
Can't say I think that overreacting there is a scumtell; seems to me to be a personality thing more than anything although I will grant that the fact they didn't followthrough with Quin suspicion is strange (and, since they're around @Silver Lantern: why didn't you vote Quin after you thought that he was making a fake argument?).]
aubergine
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Golden wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:JJJ faking having the map is a decent towntell for me on top of fairly good engagement/content so far.
Is this fishing?
A type of fishing, certainly, but not the type you're accusing me of.

Return to “Previous Jobs”