7%

Total votes: 15
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Quin »

Soneji wrote:
Quin wrote:That latter post of Soneji is not something I like. It's shutting down opposition to something that by all rights should be discussed until everyone's sick of talking about it.
Says the queen of tinfoil.
i do not know what relevance tinfoil as a concept has to my post, so this just feels like you're discrediting me.

Besides, I never tinfoil.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hello Passengers and HIVES! (HIVE rhymes with five, that's funny), I'm checking in to say that I don't have time to check in. I may be around tonight. If not tonight, then tomorrow.

Ciao!

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Given you had read the thread through this far and should know that I'd explained at least part of my rationale for why I hadn't voted yet - how do you come to a legitimate vote for me later?
I have no real excuse. The first post was part of a quick 12-page skim, the second was a post just looking at the immediate reaction to the 'scumslip'.
Part of the reason I lost interest so quickly in that vote.
Silver Lantern wrote:
speedchuck wrote: Perhaps I should follow more of this argument, but dang SL, you almost made me switch my vote off of Strawhenge with that reasoning. Is there a post that Soneji makes that argues Dizzy as looking towny?
Yes.
Soneji wrote: Not only does Dys link show him making the exact same play but it happened just last month. There might be room to be skeptical if he had to dig up something from years ago but as is there is nothing to contest.
Filler.
Is that second post supposed to be confirming Dizzy as town? Because I read it as confirming that this play wasn't a scumslip. (No idea what you mean by 'filler').
This doesn't do it for me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:You are not lazy.
Agreed. I also don't take on unnecessary workloads. I am an efficient player, I do the work that I think needs doing (as any alignment). Turning against Golden abruptly and briefly is not that for a baddie. That accomplishes nothing other than earning his ire.
I don't believe at all that you're the kind of baddie who'd take the easy route by staying on the good side of one of the best scum hunters on the site. I have faith that your baddie game would be more entertaining than that.
Trust me, I already have the most difficult meta on the Internet (my own fault) to deal with as a baddie. I'm not interested in welcoming additional challenges. I am usually a successful baddie, but I get there by being quite boring. Unfortunately all I have is my word there, because there've so few recent examples of me being bad. I think the random number generator even finds me boring and doesn't give me those roles.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

Quin wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Quin wrote:That latter post of Soneji is not something I like. It's shutting down opposition to something that by all rights should be discussed until everyone's sick of talking about it.
i do not know what relevance tinfoil as a concept has to my post, so this just feels like you're discrediting me.

It was a joke Quin.

As for your argument about Dys being scummy due to how he followed up his fake slip, with the reads he gave and hiw he gave them, that is a valid avenue of discussion. The only thing I was saying is that the argument that Dys is scum based on him knowledge slipping is pretty much off the table. Questioning his follow-up or motivation for trying that tactic here is well within bounds.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think most of the frequent contributors this Day 1 look good. There's likely someone who isn't in there, so well done if so. It has me leaning toward the lynch of someone quiet though. There are a number options that I'll have to look through.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Soneji wrote:
Quin wrote:
Soneji wrote:

It was a joke Quin.

As for your argument about Dys being scummy due to how he followed up his fake slip, with the reads he gave and hiw he gave them, that is a valid avenue of discussion. The only thing I was saying is that the argument that Dys is scum based on him knowledge slipping is pretty much off the table. Questioning his follow-up or motivation for trying that tactic here is well within bounds.
Maybe you're misunderstanding what I'm talking about. I think that her reads based on people's reactions to the fakeslip look okay. But she also mentioned that she had three scum-reads in the same post, and when pressed about it, she denied having any - adding to that, I'm pretty sure she expressed independent suspicion of Golden before that as well.

Is Dys male or female? I'm seeing his's and her's thrown around a lot.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think most of the frequent contributors this Day 1 look good. There's likely someone who isn't in there, so well done if so. It has me leaning toward the lynch of someone quiet though. There are a number options that I'll have to look through.
Who fits into the criteria of 'quiet'?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think most of the frequent contributors this Day 1 look good. There's likely someone who isn't in there, so well done if so. It has me leaning toward the lynch of someone quiet though. There are a number options that I'll have to look through.
~ People with barely any posts
~ People whose posts I don't remember

Names I'll need a rain check on. The two that come to mind first as suspects are Sorsha and DrWilgy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

speedchuck wrote:
Golden wrote: Given you had read the thread through this far and should know that I'd explained at least part of my rationale for why I hadn't voted yet - how do you come to a legitimate vote for me later?
I have no real excuse. The first post was part of a quick 12-page skim, the second was a post just looking at the immediate reaction to the 'scumslip'.
Silver Lantern wrote:
speedchuck wrote: Perhaps I should follow more of this argument, but dang SL, you almost made me switch my vote off of Strawhenge with that reasoning. Is there a post that Soneji makes that argues Dizzy as looking towny?
Yes.
Soneji wrote: Not only does Dys link show him making the exact same play but it happened just last month. There might be room to be skeptical if he had to dig up something from years ago but as is there is nothing to contest.
Filler.
Is that second post supposed to be confirming Dizzy as town? Because I read it as confirming that this play wasn't a scumslip. (No idea what you mean by 'filler').
I think he is salty that I said one of his posts might be a "filler" post by mafia, one that seems like it is contributing but has little of actual value.

The irony for me in all of this is that he suspects me in part for thinking I townread someone, when in the GoC game I got lynched partly due to my meta of not doing townreads period. I don't even let myself think of people in terms of them being town, outsidd of mechanical clearance where some healthy skepticism remains.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Something I just noticed is that the thread is getting locked during night phases. I'm not sure if this applies to anyone, but any 'nocturnal' posters should get in here while they can.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The parallel is close, but it doesn't inherently make Dizzy a townie. I have to ask the following question though:

~ Does Dizzy have any reason to fake fakeslip as a bad guy to appear like their town self (typing that feels hilarious) in this environment where nobody really knows their town self anyway? I'm going to say no.
This is the other Jay post that pinged me.

Why did you come to the 'no' conclusion, Jay?
If Dyslexicon's initial intent was to fake-fakeslip so that he might appear as his town self, it wouldn't ever work on this website because nobody here has a clue that's something he does a townie. Indeed the only way for Dizzy to get that information to us is to make the slip, get suspected, and then respond with the link to the past game.

That's a more complex mindset than I am inclined to associate with a Day 1 goofball fakeslip.
But the question 'does Dizzy have any reason to fake fakeslip?' Yes. He can provide the link and get town cred out of it. There is a reason and it's not even particularly obtuse.

What pinged me is that you answered your own question in a way that feels definitive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:But the question 'does Dizzy have any reason to fake fakeslip?' Yes. He can provide the link and get town cred out of it. There is a reason and it's not even particularly obtuse.

What pinged me is that you answered your own question in a way that feels definitive.
As I suggested earlier in the thread: I prefer to work with probables, not possibles. I do think it's possible that Dizzy fake-fakeslipped for town cred and intended to present the link as his evidences. I don't think it's probable. I have an easier time believing that Dizzy just likes to do that kind of thing, the end. If we were playing somewhere where Dizzy has homefield advantage, I might feel differently.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Silver Lantern »

Soneji wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Yes.
Filler.
I think he is salty that I said one of his posts might be a "filler" post by mafia, one that seems like it is contributing but has little of actual value.

The irony for me in all of this is that he suspects me in part for thinking I townread someone, when in the GoC game I got lynched partly due to my meta of not doing townreads period. I don't even let myself think of people in terms of them being town, outsidd of mechanical clearance where some healthy skepticism remains.
"That's my secret Captain, I'm always angry..."

Heh, in my home site if your post isn't atleast 10 characters it won't post, so when we post something short, like "no" we tend to follow up with "fills," or "filler."

I am not voting for you cause I am salty (which I always am btw), I am voting for you because you're making silly arguments like saying that something which can give town rep is not a benefit to a mafioso, and therefore not a good play.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
~ People with barely any posts
~ People whose posts I don't remember

Names I'll need a rain check on. The two that come to mind first as suspects are Sorsha and DrWilgy.
Sig comes to mind for me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have an easier time believing that Dizzy just likes to do that kind of thing, the end.
I agree with this.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think any of those three are among the most active early on. sig might be the exception, but lately lack of presence has been a thing for him.

Is there anybody who's absence is a surprise to you?

I'd throw Eloh's name in there.
ImageImageImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Silver Lantern wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Soneji wrote:Not only does Dys link show him making the exact same play but it happened just last month. There might be room to be skeptical if he had to dig up something from years ago but as is there is nothing to contest.
What a great alibi for a scummer, huh?
Do you believe the intent behind the maneuver was to be able to refer to that alibi?
I was just making an observation of how that could be a brilliant scum play, since Soneji so easily dismissed it.

I don't know that the intent in relation to the alibi matters all that much. The "5 scum play" was either intentional or it was not, there is no other option (regardless of alignment).

I believe it was intentional since he posted a game where he allegedly did it a month ago (which I have not independently corroborated btw), but the question in my mind should not be whether he did it intentionally.

The question should be "what happened last time he did this play as town that would lead him to believe that doing it this time as town would be somehow beneficial?

Cause, "I did it for the lol" isn't really the type of play (even if town) I am necessarily interested in having to contend with later.
Can Dyslexicon please answer this question?
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I don't think any of those three are among the most active early on. sig might be the exception, but lately lack of presence has been a thing for him.
Objectively the quietest is DFaraday. The "amount" of quiet doesn't mean much to me though. I'm more interested in what people did with the posts that they made.
Quin wrote:Is there anybody who's absence is a surprise to you?

I'd throw Eloh's name in there.
I forgot she was playing until I compiled that little list of player origin, so yes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

"This is what's wrong with your site, JJJ"

VOTALS:

Dyslexicon (2): Quin, Strawhenge
Fredwood (1): DrWilgy
Strawhenge (2): MM, Speedchuck
INH (1): Long Con
Soneji (1): Silver Lantern
DrWilgy (2): Scotty, JJJ
Scotty (1): Nachomamma
MM (1): Dyslexicon

With 21 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch, and 6 to soft lynch. Day 1 will end on 14th February, 2017 at 10pm EST, or in approx. 29 hours.

I had to do this all on my phone, so hopefully this is all correct, just say if it isn't and quote me what it should be
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Soneji wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Yes.
Filler.

"That's my secret Captain, I'm always angry..."

Heh, in my home site if your post isn't atleast 10 characters it won't post, so when we post something short, like "no" we tend to follow up with "fills," or "filler."

I am not voting for you cause I am salty (which I always am btw), I am voting for you because you're making silly arguments like saying that something which can give town rep is not a benefit to a mafioso, and therefore not a good play.
The silly argument is that saying the amount of towncred that might be achievable with what Dys pulled is worth the high possibility of getting lynched, especially when hammer rules are in play.

I haven't seen a single person give actual town cred to Dys. Several people are still voting for Dys based on it and others like myself and Golden have outright stated that Dys should not get towncred.

Silly arguments are not exactly mafia motivated arguments though, which is why I'm not voting you. What I don't understand is that if you are so convinced of the probability of a mafia Dys posting a fake slip to gain town cred, why aren't you voting Dys?

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Quin wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Quin wrote:
Soneji wrote:

It was a joke Quin.

Maybe you're misunderstanding what I'm talking about. I think that her reads based on people's reactions to the fakeslip look okay. But she also mentioned that she had three scum-reads in the same post, and when pressed about it, she denied having any - adding to that, I'm pretty sure she expressed independent suspicion of Golden before that as well.

Is Dys male or female? I'm seeing his's and her's thrown around a lot.
I don't see anything bizarre about mentioning reads that don't exist in the same post that has a fake knowledge slip. Just seems like it was part of baiting reactions.

I don't understand the mindset of trickster types :shrug:

Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Liking Soneji.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 83

Post by insertnamehere »

Caught up.

Not sure whether I find the people jumping on Dys for his "slip-up" or the people letting Dys slide on through more suspicious.

More analysis needed there.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
I don't see any reason to presume that particular options will benefit a particular faction at this stage.
I don't see any reason to presume that the direction poll is completely irrelevant and cannot benefit either the civilians or the baddies.
Of course not. But you don't have a map so what do you know?
I know nothing (Jon Snow).
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Soneji wrote: The silly argument is that saying the amount of towncred that might be achievable with what Dys pulled is worth the high possibility of getting lynched, especially when hammer rules are in play.

I haven't seen a single person give actual town cred to Dys. Several people are still voting for Dys based on it and others like myself and Golden have outright stated that Dys should not get towncred.

Silly arguments are not exactly mafia motivated arguments though, which is why I'm not voting you. What I don't understand is that if you are so convinced of the probability of a mafia Dys posting a fake slip to gain town cred, why aren't you voting Dys?
Please quote where I stated that I am convinced that Dys is mafia and did it to gain town cred.

I'll wait, while you fabricate another silly argument.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Long Con wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Would you care to be specific in your complete discrediting of my posts, or do you expect to just say "nuh-uh," throw a vote my way and hope someone else bites?
Does it have to be one or the other?

If you need me to explain further, I can do that. Your first real post of the game was to cast doubt on the map-claimers. I happen to think that, if any map-claiming is going to happen, then it's a good thing to have a couple of other dudes covering the claimer's tracks. So, right away, you're going after guys I thought looked more townish.

Then I thought about your reason. They're suspicious now for something you imagined they might try to do in the future. WTF? Does not compute. How about waiting to see if one of them tries to do what you say before squinting at them with your eyebrow thing?

And why so hesitant to cast a vote?
All three claimers chose a different direction to go, and we're all voting on that subject, so I thought it was relevant to point out that only one of them is being honest about the correct direction. This is something which all three claimers have already done, not something in the future.

I also expressed a little worry that the fake claimers could simply be aiming for credibility. I assume this is the part that made you glitch out and stop computing.

I'm always hesitant to cast a vote, especially on Day 1, the bane of my mafia existence.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:If he's referring to 3J, marmot and Golden specifically, all of them had already claimed. I don't think controlling the conversation is something baddies 'will do', rather I think it's just a constant approach to the game. I don't really see it.
He's not talking about claiming, he's talking about them controlling/influencing the direction we take based on them being the map holder. Which, if it were going to happen... well, it would make more sense to keep quiet about it and catch them in the act, rather than blurting it outright and making sure it doesn't happen.
I'm like Tom Cruise in Minority Report. I'm trying to stop crimes BEFORE THEY EVEN HAPPEN.

But seriously, if I suspect civilians are being misled, I'm gonna say so. I'm not one to hold back until someone screws up, and complain after the fact.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Color me extremely unimpressed by Dizzy's reads.

Yeah, they're fair reads but they don't incorporate the fakeslip that much, making it a semi useless and less believable tactic.

Currently of the opinion his real slip turned into a "fake slip" and the three reads/no reads thing was done after the fact to reinforce the "fake slip."

Zebra never convinced me last game (especially given her scum role in the end) that being scummy for the sake of getting a reaction was a good idea when there are plenty of better ways to get reactions. Hard to tell pouncing scummers and pouncing townies apart when you make yourself a juicy target for both.

Proud of Fred for giving early reads. Disappointed in Fred for reading me as scum without giving reasons. Play more better. I know you can. :mafia: Why do you suspect me, Fred?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Nachomamma8 wrote:There was some concern that claiming to have the map could paint a target on people's backs, so a civilian claiming map when they don't have it obscures who has it and thus protects the civilian with a map. I don't like your push on JJJ/Golden for a couple reasons: 1) it's likelier than both of them have the map than Marmot even though you talked about voting Marmot; multiple people talked about voting JJJ and Golden makes a good target by rep alone, 2) it's an extraordinarily shallow thing to hammer on that has nothing to do with alignment which is something I think you're aware of.
Once again, yes, a person with the map could theoretically provide cover from the real map holder. They could also draw in-thread credibility away from that person.

Look at it from this theoretical perspective: let's say that a bunch of scumbuddies decide to all claim the map in order to "protect the real map-holder," when they're really discouraging everyone but the real map-holder from stepping forward. Then they can dispose of him/her. Not saying that's what's happening, but it's an example of ulterior motives for claimers.

1) The only vote that I for sure know is my own, and I voted for MM. Therefore, he's the one I'm disposed towards believing. I believe it was Scotty who said that he stated in-thread he was voting for 3J, but later took it back and said he really voted for someone else. Yes, 3J and Golden seem like the obvious SUPATOWN (translation = tryhard) choices, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the ones with the map.

2) You're an extraordinary shallow thing to hammer on. I think it's a game-relevant fact which could mean something down the road. I pointed out as much, but people kept harping (or hammering) on my posts about it, and even suspecting me for it. So, I had to discuss it even more. Frankly, I'd like to move onto other topics. But, if people keep asking me about it, that's where my attention is going.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sonjei says something like "Don't defer anything. You gain experience by going with your gut and fucking playing, not by sitting on the sidelines."

Couldn't agree more. That's how I got good. That's how Silver got good. That's why CBob runs rings around people who have played in 5 times as many Realms games as he has. You can't just let other players play for you.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

This setup is very weird to me. Not having the lynch votes in a poll is not my cup of tea. I chose to go East.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:I thought it was relevant to point out that only one of them is being honest about the correct direction.
At least two of the claimers have also stated that there is literally nothing to suggest there is a 'correct' direction. Why are you so fixated about the three of us going in different directions? Even if all three of us had the map and all three of us are town, there is no reason that we would necessarily go in the same direction.

A map can show you how to get somewhere, but that doesn't mean you know what you're going to see when you get there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm voting Wilgy. Don't know who hasn't checked in yet, if anyone. Nor can I currently find the vote totals.

Vote Wilgy
Not gonna vote Wigly but can some explain a good reason for a town aligned player to self vote?
Shit. Scotty and Wigly are not the same person.

This is what time traveling must feel like.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

^Me IRL
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

Much game. Very post. So words. :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Lynch: Marmot

I do not feel the warm fuzzies, MM. =/
Why do you feel so distant? Why do you feel so cold?
This is the sort of feeling you get when you say things like "There are five (5) scum to lynch, etc."

My question to you is: Why have you been so cold? Why have you been so distant?
Right. So my suspicion was articulated in a ditzy way, but it was serious.
My point was not that I was getting any type of feeling from you, rather that you seemed to not be very involved or interested in the slip.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote:I don't know if I'm snap snap or not, but it is important to me to have an open and welcoming Mafia community here. You upset me when you said maybe you just don't fit in here, like we needed to try harder to make you feel comfortable. I didn't want you to feel bullied out, but I also don't have much experience with fake slips like that, so I couldn't let it go until you gave that link.

That said, I haven't clicked the link... I just trust that someone will, and most likely will find that you told the truth about it. OR they'll come back with "WTF there's nothing like that there!" :haha:
Aw. I honestly wasn't trying to make anyone feel any particular way with my post. I often post without thinking too much about it. This site is definitely one of the most welcoming sites to play mafia on. I love my home site, but this is one place I'm sure I'll play more games in, and that is exactly because of the welcoming atmosphere. I'm a diva sometimes, so occational sassy attitude with eyerolling may follow, but nothing is ever personal.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

This game is rather intriguing.

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dyslexicon wrote:This game is rather intriguing.

*takes a bow*
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Soneji wrote: The silly argument is that saying the amount of towncred that might be achievable with what Dys pulled is worth the high possibility of getting lynched, especially when hammer rules are in play.

Please quote where I stated that I am convinced that Dys is mafia and did it to gain town cred.

I'll wait, while you fabricate another silly argument.
You are certainly convinced that the probability that Dys would do it for town cred is high and have posted rather clear suspicion on multiple occasions, alongside your own suspicion on my argument against it being a smart play. Multiquoting is too much of a pain on my phone and anyone who checks your post history can see the posts I have referenced.

I have to wonder what mafia motivation I have to argue against the idea that what Dys did is a good play? Do you think I'm scummates with Dys?

This whole fabricating argument thing is getting a bit old.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/infer

One of the most important words to know in the game of mafia. Learn it.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Strawhenge wrote:Response to Dyslexicon:

1. I flagged you but didn't vote for the same reason Jay did: to wait for your response. I did mention this, but kind of in the second degree because I was advising someone not to pile votes on you until you responded.

2. Unless the marmot has actual reason to suspect me, I wouldn't read into his vote for me too deeply. He and I have history: in the Talking Heads game I tunneled him hard out of desperation and game-fatigue. He owes me many, many lynch votes. That is, unless he has actual reasons to vote for me pertaining to this game.

3. Mentioning my paranoia was a fluff post, and not at all sincere. I haven't played Mafia in...like, a year? More? That was just me saying it was good to be back.

4. Brusquely saying, 'No,' to my posts without explanation felt almost like you were trying to alienate me or something, because I've played only one game here before. I was taking it personally, I'm disregarding it now, never mind.

5. Most importantly: your response to the 'slip'. Your initial responses read as aloof, as if to laughingly blame us for misreading an obvious and dumb mistake. You insisted that you weren't dumb enough to make such a mistake--something backed up by Jay, who said that not even most beginners would slip such information.

But as Jay also said, even vets mistakes. Egregious ones. I've done it. Jay's done it. Most vets I've played with have done it. I think that the true mistake is not so much in your original slip but the manner in which you responded to it. First aloofness, and then explaining yourself.

Also, citing other games and saying, 'But look at my meta! See? I've done this before!' is a classic scum move.

Vote Dyslexicon
1. Will look back at it.
2. I didn't mention Marmot voting you. Any particular reason you bring this up?
3. It was not sincere? Why would you make an insincere post about you being paranoid as town? Can you expand a bit on this point? Obviously it did stand out to me Day 0.
4. I'm sorry if you took it personally. Nothing I write in games is meant to be personal, it's all within the game. I've also only played one game here.
5. I don't think I said all those things, and I'm not trying to blame anyone. I was surprised by the gravity of suspicion, but it was interesting. Jay is actually saying something entirely different than you about the situation. I find it very hard to see how you can't understand that it was done on purpose. Do you actually believe I just happened to have my most recent game doing the exact same thing? You are picking out individual parts to form your suspicion on me, but the whole picture does not make sense. I'm obviously biased, as I'm me, but an argument of me being scum making an elaborate play of pretending to be town fake slipping would make much more sense to me, personally, than what you are arguing.

I also want to hear about other reads you have. Does anyone in this game seem town to you?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think the value of changeable votes is in late-phase maneuvering, not in pressure. Townies lose a lot of their ability to cooperate if they're stuck with just one vote all day. That's just Mafia theory though, don't mind me. :grin:
At my home site we almost always have people hanging out in a graveyard thread talking mafia theory and discussing reads. Basically just wantching. It's: :cloud9:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Dizzy I keep switching your pronouns around in my head; I'm sorry. I guess I'm getting it right some of the time.
Honestly doesn't matter to me. Gender schmender. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Strawhenge wrote:@Jay: I believe he made a mistake here, yes.

And the game he said it in had information in the OP of how many scum there were. So, what I think happened is that Dyslexicon slipped, remembered a very recent time that he made that claim, and pointed to it as meta.
No. (And this time the respons is most fitting.)
Where did you pull this from?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Strawhenge wrote:Bottom line is, Dizzy had some reason to make a claim in that game. Not as much here.
I also explicitly called it a fakeslip in that other game. So it's clear that that's what it was.
Are you unamused at me suspecting you?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Soneji wrote: You are certainly convinced that the probability that Dys would do it for town cred is high and have posted rather clear suspicion on multiple occasions, alongside your own suspicion on my argument against it being a smart play. Multiquoting is too much of a pain on my phone and anyone who checks your post history can see the posts I have referenced.

I have to wonder what mafia motivation I have to argue against the idea that what Dys did is a good play? Do you think I'm scummates with Dys?

This whole fabricating argument thing is getting a bit old.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/infer

One of the most important words to know in the game of mafia. Learn it.
And I have to wonder what mafia motivation you have to continue to argue with the person you deemed "the most ultra-defensive person you've ever met in mafia?"

Just to be clear I did not vote for you because I think you're mafia mates with anyone or not. Like I've explained at least twice now, I voted for you for making silly arguments like "gaining town cred is not beneficial to mafia." And apparently I don't know when to back down, so we can keep at this for as long as you keep responding. I am just an ultra-defensive guy over here.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

The Posts here don't have post #s or am I just not looking in the right spot?

Complaint # 7 JJJ! ;)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Quin wrote:I've got some stuff to say too, if you'd be so kind as to answer to the contradiction I pointed out in your posts, Dys.
I didn't understand what you meant, so please explain?
You said earlier that you had three scum reads, but you later denied having any. Why?
Oh. I mentioned the "three reads" so that the post would look somewhat natural so it would be believable. Or else I wouldn't have any reason to talk numbers at all. So "There's five scum, but I only have three scum reads" would read more natural than just randomly state five scums in isolation.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

- So I think Golden is coming across as more town in the whole Golden/JJJ discussion.
- Interestingly Speed is staying out of that whole conversation, even though it started with him. Should probably ISO Speed for my own part.

Return to “Previous Jobs”