BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Re: [NIGHT 4] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

LittleTiger wrote:I 2nd Kate's question, DH, what is your analysis supposed to imply?

Umm...

It implies what it says, those people in the groups voted within one vote of each other both for the Droopy and for the Vomp votes.

I dunno what was confusing about that but there you go.

While I'm talking about it, here is some further analysis.

LT, Aces Boats.
The Truth, Trice, Rabbit
Trice, FH, Rabbit
Aces, Kate
Kate, Boats

LT is in a Group with Aces, and Boats (1 Group Total)
Aces is in a group with Boats, LT, and Kate (2 Groups Total)
Boats is in a Group with Aces, LT, and Kate (2 Groups Total)
The Truth is in a Group with Rabbit and FH (1 Group Total)
Trice is in a group with Rabbit, Truth and FH (2 Groups Total)
FH is in a group with Trice and Rabbit (1 Group Total)
Rabbit is in a group with FH, the Truth, and Trice (2 Groups Total)

Aces and Boats both appear in a group with Kate
Trice and Rabbit appear in 2 groups together (one with FH, one with The Truth)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

No, it says what it says. It implies something completely different.

Are you suggesting that the people who vote within a few votes of each other are working together?

You know it may help if you actually say what you are trying to get at. People may stop "ignoring" your posts.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 61

Post by rabbit8 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:I 2nd Kate's question, DH, what is your analysis supposed to imply?

Umm...

It implies what it says, those people in the groups voted within one vote of each other both for the Droopy and for the Vomp votes.

LT, Aces Boats.
The Truth, Trice, Rabbit
Trice, FH, Rabbit
Aces, Kate
Kate, Boats

Can't tell if serious?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

rabbit8 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Umm...

LT, Aces Boats.
The Truth, Trice, Rabbit
Trice, FH, Rabbit
Aces, Kate
Kate, Boats

Can't tell if serious?
What? You don't instantly know what he is getting at?!?! :huh:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58

Post by LittleTiger »

DH - that is the most "reaching" vote analysis I have ever seen... and I still don't know what you are implying by doing it. It is far too early in such a large game to determine that when people vote after someone else implies some kind of logical grouping. I am really scratching my head at this. You've played far too many games to post ... ummm.... not sure what to call it LOL!
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

I dunno, when I have info, or think I do, and can't find areal case, I flood the thread with data hoping a pattern emeges to someone. This is the kind of bizarre post I make in that situation. DH has been sounding frustratted and reasonably sincere, if snarkish, to me.

He has been screaming "INH!!!!!" For days, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:I dunno, when I have info, or think I do, and can't find areal case, I flood the thread with data hoping a pattern emeges to someone. This is the kind of bizarre post I make in that situation. DH has been sounding frustratted and reasonably sincere, if snarkish, to me.

He has been screaming "INH!!!!!" For days, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt :shrug:
If he would lose the snark and play nice with the group I'd be much more inclined to listen to him. Like your post, for example, very nice :)
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

S~V~S wrote:I dunno, when I have info, or think I do, and can't find areal case, I flood the thread with data hoping a pattern emeges to someone. This is the kind of bizarre post I make in that situation. DH has been sounding frustratted and reasonably sincere, if snarkish, to me.

I don't think I have ever seen you post something like what DH just posted though.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:ATTENTION:

The ROLES section has been updated with more information from the Books of Knowledge. No more notifications will be made by me when more information is made public.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did in 70s and in Enchanted Forest. I made up statistics, a,ll kkindsa crazy crap, lol. I also did something similar to Tranq & Typh on the first ACTA, making up ratios of post to content, lol.

Maybe not to this extent, but that is what it looks like nevertheless~

I am inclined to trust, and if he's wrong we'll kill him. Civ or bad, I can't see him going to this length unless he's pretty sure.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:I did in 70s and in Enchanted Forest. I made up statistics, a,ll kkindsa crazy crap, lol. I also did something similar to Tranq & Typh on the first ACTA, making up ratios of post to content, lol.

I am inclined to trust, and if he's wrong we'll kill him. Civ or bad, I can't see him going to this length unless he's pretty sure.
SVS, when you say pretty sure, pretty sure about what? INH isn't in this data that I can see.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

juliets wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I did in 70s and in Enchanted Forest. I made up statistics, a,ll kkindsa crazy crap, lol. I also did something similar to Tranq & Typh on the first ACTA, making up ratios of post to content, lol.

SVS, when you say pretty sure, pretty sure about what? INH isn't in this data that I can see.
Thank you, JC. You know, I was just about to say Bahhhh. That really would have pissed DH off.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

You're going to kill him? Interesting.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by chaindeath »

Hello everyone, chaindeath is here. He would like to welcome Dom, and to say that he has not appreciated the language that you have been using in your posts. Chaindeath is not nor will he ever be a "slut", thank you very much. Hrumph!

With that out of the way. Vompatti chaindeath is sorry that you have met such a terrible demise. Death by our hands which at this point have been quick to find civis :( but shall soon be righted!! (Details follow)

Okay, as chaindeath perused the night powers list as it got reveled by the book of knowledge, he saw something and made a connection in his brain. INH has a +/- on his name or his insertnamehere (I kill me) and he was a low poster in the challange, 17th to be exact, and --> The Mysterious Voice – Master and controller of many alternate dimensions. It is looking to invade and fully conquer the third dimension, and its first step in doing so is enslaving mankind and anything else that gets in its way. (Secrets) A power not to be trifled with, The Mysterious Voice starts off every lynch period with negative three votes against it. As the ultimate puppetmaster, The Mysterious Voice can select up to four players each night and switch around their night targets to its liking. Additionally, any night action that targets The Mysterious Voice is automatically redirected back at its sender until Herman the Planet Smasher dies. So maybe.... :ponder:
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He doesn't have INH in his voting charts? Hard to rread them on phone.

Well, now I am curious too lol. He has been wanting to lynch INH for days, I just assumed that was the point of all this~

Linki@ Rabbit, I said WE as in lynch, lol~ nice try :D
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

I'm starting to think I would just be better off voting randomly. Close my eyes and point. Sorry for leading the angry mob, Vomp. :(
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of DH's vast amount of.....data (for lack of a better word). I mean, I get that you're trying to establish voting patters based on timing and groups of people, but maybe I'm not quite catching it. Is there any way you could elaborate on it a bit more? I'm still a bit confuzzled.

Or better yet, are there any specific groups/people in there that appear to be worth focusing on? That's where my main confusion lies.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dom »

DH's data is certainly a new kind of analysis. :| :eye:

Hoenstly, what is he even on about? I fidn it strange. Like why be so vague? Just say what you mean and then move on. This seems like he wants to just be the misunderstood teenage like, "omg mom u just don't understand me".
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:He doesn't have INH in his voting charts? Hard to rread them on phone.

Well, now I am curious too lol. He has been wanting to lynch INH for days, I just assumed that was the point of all this~

You did say we, thats true. But you said nothign about a lynch. And we could refer to your team IMO. Baddie slip SVS? :ponder:

:eye: :eye:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

rabbit8 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:He doesn't have INH in his voting charts? Hard to rread them on phone.

You did say we, thats true. But you said nothign about a lynch. And we could refer to your team IMO. Baddie slip SVS? :ponder:

Possible, but I somehow doubt it. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:

Like I said, good try, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Lynching is killing~ and if we lynch his candidate and he flips civ, then we kill DH.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Dom wrote:Hey guys! :) For those of you who know me: I'm back bitches. :feb:

For those of you who don't:
I'm a sassy bitch who don't need no man. mkay?
:lorab:

Does anyone wanna give me a summary. The 29 pages is daunting. :/
Did I give you permission to use my smiley, young man?

Also, welcome.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:
Dom wrote:Hey guys! :) For those of you who know me: I'm back bitches. :feb:

For those of you who don't:
I'm a sassy bitch who don't need no man. mkay?

Does anyone wanna give me a summary. The 29 pages is daunting. :/
Did I give you permission to use my smiley, young man?

Also, welcome.
Probably
Maybe

:srsnod:

:haha:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

chaindeath wrote:Hello everyone, chaindeath is here. He would like to welcome Dom, and to say that he has not appreciated the language that you have been using in your posts. Chaindeath is not nor will he ever be a "slut", thank you very much. Hrumph!

With that out of the way. Vompatti chaindeath is sorry that you have met such a terrible demise. Death by our hands which at this point have been quick to find civis :( but shall soon be righted!! (Details follow)

Okay, as chaindeath perused the night powers list as it got reveled by the book of knowledge, he saw something and made a connection in his brain. INH has a +/- on his name or his insertnamehere (I kill me) and he was a low poster in the challange, 17th to be exact, and --> The Mysterious Voice – Master and controller of many alternate dimensions. It is looking to invade and fully conquer the third dimension, and its first step in doing so is enslaving mankind and anything else that gets in its way. (Secrets) A power not to be trifled with, The Mysterious Voice starts off every lynch period with negative three votes against it. As the ultimate puppetmaster, The Mysterious Voice can select up to four players each night and switch around their night targets to its liking. Additionally, any night action that targets The Mysterious Voice is automatically redirected back at its sender until Herman the Planet Smasher dies. So maybe.... :ponder:
Sorry chaindeath, you raise a good but invalid argument. The +/- next to lynch votes is related to the poker tourney. Whether I should say that or not, I don't know. I think chaindeath is a baddie now though...I think he's using the results as a way to lead suspicion elsewhere...hmmmm
You can just call me...."The Best"
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Epignosis wrote:I'm starting to think I would just be better off voting randomly. Close my eyes and point. Sorry for leading the angry mob, Vomp. :(
I'm in the same boat (ha) as you are. But I still can't/won't believe that Vomps is a civ. Even after seeing all of his posts, it just screams baddie. I know that Vomps will be Vomps, but I dunno.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Alot to catch up on and reply to. I'm going to have to pick how I reply very carefully as I don't want to come off as rude or anything, and I might :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh Boy, Sarcastic Helper. I can't wait! I wil be back after dinner~
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That looks more red than orange~ ^^ s/b orange-y-er
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:Sarcastic Helper.
Makes a great meal!! And I'm btw picturing the Hamburger Helper hand giving the finger to the screen. Just amusing you all with the visuals of my mind as I read the thread from the dead.

Also, I can haz rez now?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:Having said that, I would like to cross reference everyone that voted for both Droopy and Vomp and look at the timing of their votes. Specifically those that didn't put much thought into their votes. I think that would be a good place to look.
Here, Rey says he'd like to cross reference the Droopy/Vomp votes, and I agreed with him so I thought to myself "Best get cracking on cross referencing the Vomp/Droopy votes, DH!"

Having sworn off spreadsheets a long time ago, I didn't actually *have* the voting orders to cross reference. Fortunately, FH did, and she posted them in the thread. So good, I think "Alright now take a look at who voted Droopy AND Vomp, and maybe something will click." So I did.

The first number is when that person voted overall, followed by that persons name, followed by that person's position in the vote for Droopy or Vomp. (I assume, as FH was the one that posted the voting orders, I just interpreted the data) The top set of data is for the Droopy lynch, the Bottom is for Vomp. (You can tell, because It says Droopy/Vomp) Having collected that data, I organized it into Droopy votes Vs. Vomp votes. and placed all the votes in order for each lynch. You can tell I did this because I labeled each list "Droopy Votes in Order" and "Vomp Votes in Order". Following THAT, I tried to determine a pattern or make an observation about the data. My observations are that certain people met a specific pattern and were grouped (within one vote of each other) both times. You can tell this because I labeled my observation "Groupings (within one vote of each other each vote)" The people in those observations can be grouped together, having cast their vote within one vote of each other BOTH lynches. Also, I make a note that chaindeath was the last vote in each case. You can tell, because I say "Chaindeath is last on each list".
DharmaHelper wrote:Big ass post incoming.

5. The Truth (Mr. Droopy) 2
12. The Truth (Vompatti) 10

6. birdwithteeth (Mr. Droopy) 3
17. birdwithteeth (Vompatti) 14

7. triceratops (Mr. Droopy) 4
15. triceratops (Vompatti) 12

8. rabbit (Mr. Droopy) 5
13. rabbit (Vompatti) 11

10. Flyin' High (Mr. Droopy) 6
16. Flyin' High (Vompatti) 13

11. Littletiger (Mr. Droopy) 7
2. LittleTiger (Vompatti) 2

12. AceofSpaces (Mr. Droopy) 8
4. AceofSpaces (Vompatti) 4

13. BoatsBoatsBoats (Mr. Droopy) 9
3. BoatsBoatsBoats (Vompatti) 3

16. Kate (Mr. Droopy) 11
6. Kate (Vompatti) 6

18. chaindeath (Mr. Droopy) 12
18. chaindeath (Vompatti) 15

Droopy Votes In Order:

5. The Truth (2nd Vote for Droopy)
6. BWT (3rd Vote for Droopy)
7. Trice (4th Vote For Droopy)
8. Rabbit (5th Vote For Droopy)
10. FH (6th Vote For Droopy)
11. LT (7th Vote For Droopy)
12. Aces (8th Vote For Droopy)
13. Boats (9th Vote for Droopy)
16. Kate (11th Vote For Droopy)
18. Chaindeath (12th Vote for Droopy)

Vomp Votes In Order:

2. LittleTiger (2nd Vote for Vomp)
3. Boats (3rd Vote for Vomp)
4. Aces (4th Vote for Vomp)
6. Kate (6th Vote for Vomp)
12. The Truth (10th Vote for Vomp)
13. Rabbit (11th Vote for Vomp)
15. Trice (12th Vote for Vomp)
16. FH (13th Vote for Vomp)
17. BWT (14th Vote for Vomp)
18. Chaindeath (15th Vote for Vomp

Analysis:

Groupings (within 1 Vote of each other each vote)
LT, Aces Boats.
The Truth, Trice, Rabbit
Trice, FH, Rabbit
Aces, Kate
Kate, Boats

Order:
Chaindeath is last on each list.

Here, I clarify what my analysis is doing, and I make further analysis based on the vote groupings for both lynches. I expand on each of the groups in an effort to try and continue figuring things out. First, I recap who belongs in the "voting group" category of the analysis, you can tell I do this because I copied and pasted the list of names from the other post. Then I explain each group based on each person, and give the number of voting groups that person belongs to. You can tell, because below the recap is a list of each person, with whom they are grouped, and how many groups total they belong to based on the information. Below THAT, I make observations based on the data above. You can tell, because they are observations below the data on which they are based.
DharmaHelper wrote:

Umm...

LT, Aces Boats.
The Truth, Trice, Rabbit
Trice, FH, Rabbit
Aces, Kate
Kate, Boats

Kate wrote:No, it says what it says. It implies something completely different.

Are you suggesting that the people who vote within a few votes of each other are working together?

You know it may help if you actually say what you are trying to get at. People may stop "ignoring" your posts.

I was presenting facts, I made no attempt to draw a conclusion from those facts. Though yes, it is possible that people consistently voting together might be working together. Again, in this case I was only presenting factual information and some added observations and analysis, because I figured Rey, having asked for that information in the thread basically, might benefit from it in some way. In fact, I hope everybody benefits from it.
LittleTiger wrote:DH - that is the most "reaching" vote analysis I have ever seen... and I still don't know what you are implying by doing it. It is far too early in such a large game to determine that when people vote after someone else implies some kind of logical grouping. I am really scratching my head at this. You've played far too many games to post ... ummm.... not sure what to call it LOL!
I dunno if I'd call facts "reaching". And again, I was not trying to imply anything. Your reaction is a bit defensive if I must say, unless you're somehow trying to refute the fact that on two separate occasions you voted within one vote of both Ace and Boats. Which is silly, because there is no way to disprove something that happened. And there is no reason to be up in arms about it happening either. Awful pinged by your reaction, and I will add you to my list because of it. Actually, probably either tied with or ahead of INH at this point. (See, people? Logical, independent thought has its benefits.)

Thanks. Though again, this isn't anything anybody else couldn't find if they sat down with it like I did. I don't have anything pointing me in INH's direction so much as I just want people to start focusing less on the Kool Aid voting. For the record, it's not all that bizarre, though. :bounce:
LittleTiger wrote:

I don't think I have ever seen you post something like what DH just posted though.
I am one of a kind.

Wait, pump the breaks what? I was just presenting a set of data. And if I'm wrong (about INH I assume you mean) you're going to lynch me?

By that logic, everybody who was wrong about Droopy and Vomp should stop playing right now :P

INH wasn't in the data anyway, as he did not fit the criteria of voting for both Droopy and Vomp.

The point was to give Rey what he asked for.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, I'm honestly not quite sure what to make of DH's vast amount of.....data (for lack of a better word). I mean, I get that you're trying to establish voting patters based on timing and groups of people, but maybe I'm not quite catching it. Is there any way you could elaborate on it a bit more? I'm still a bit confuzzled.

Or better yet, are there any specific groups/people in there that appear to be worth focusing on? That's where my main confusion lies.

quote="Dom"]DH's data is certainly a new kind of analysis. :| :eye:

Hoenstly, what is he even on about? I fidn it strange. Like why be so vague? Just say what you mean and then move on. This seems like he wants to just be the misunderstood teenage like, "omg mom u just don't understand me".[/quote]

I hope this post clears things up. (assuming you read it, BWT.)

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did read it. It explains a lot.

And no, it isn't the same. You have been beating us over the head with following your suspicion because everyone elses is just bandwagons, ets, etc. I don't recall trying to make anyone feel dumb or like a lemming if they did not follow my suspicions. Sadly, my suspicions have sucked, lol.

But I see your point.

I am still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe I see something others are missing.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Hey rabbit, I heard your "bank" might need a bailout.
Just wanted to say this as I catch up:

Excuse me, DH? For someone so suspicious of all aggressive people, you are pretty freaking aggressive. This post just struck me as od. Not only is it pretty aggressive, but it's kind of the type of thing a baddie might do to try and get everyone to trust them; say I told you so!
Yeah, I've been a bit cheesed at DH since his post on like day 1 where he wrote an entire page about no real suspicion at all. Never followed up on it because I thought there was a higher priority lynch in vompatti, but that turned out considerably less than ideal.

Dom wrote: I find your response far more strange than the original offense
Not that strange but still...

(caught up now holy shit)
But why so dismissive? "That has no reason behind it"
You copy pasted it? From a chat room? I dunno.... just seems ood to me.

DH seems ood 2
No, from the post immediately above mine. It was an attempt at a joke. Nobody else commented on it because it was pretty obviously a joke.

I don't understand why a couple people think anybody would be stupid enough to copy-paste quotes from a btsc chatroom
Kate wrote:Hmmmm, I wonder why the red and blue secrets were revealed but not the purple... :ponder:
I would guess for game balance. The purple team already has more details on the roles, it seems to me, then the red and blue teams. The Residents (relatively speaking) said nothing at all about what any of them could do, initially.

The cases on CBK and DH don't sound outrageous right now. I don't think DH's answers to posts about him are doing him any good. We will see, still a while to go until we need to actually worry about a lynch

@Flying High I don't know where you gathered those vote results from, but I voted vompatti on day 3.
rabbit8 wrote:

This one doesn't sound like a slip. The last one did.

Soon to come will be a post on a few things I think about this game/the baddies, if only so it's out there if they try to NK me tonight or whatever.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'll wait to ask Trice what s/he is on about RE: Me :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
I don't understand why a couple people think anybody would be stupid enough to copy-paste quotes from a btsc chatroom
...I realise now you weren't yet playing at the time, but what I'm referring to is Illyria thinking that a quote from Pulp Fiction was a baddie slip up
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

"you" as in Dom there
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:I did read it. It explains a lot.

And no, it isn't the same. You have been beating us over the head with following your suspicion because everyone elses is just bandwagons, ets, etc. I don't recall trying to make anyone feel dumb or like a lemming if they did not follow my suspicions. Sadly, my suspicions have sucked, lol.

But I see your point.

I am still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe I see something others are missing.

Hell, at this point whatever suspicion you want to follow, follow it. I'm just considerably tired of the results we've been getting with the current strategy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote:I'll wait to ask Trice what s/he is on about RE: Me :P
this one (hopes links to posts work properly on this site)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'll wait to ask Trice what s/he is on about RE: Me :P
this one (hopes links to posts work properly on this site)

What about it?

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Well, if you read back my initial response was "a bit of a leap is an understatement." Basically all it says is that trying to avoid host punishment - I think INH said he wasn't sure if he'd be around later - is worth writing 3 paragraphs about. Anecdotal evidence will help me appeal to my constituents, right??

But moreso then that, it was really the last post you made presenting "new" "material" in an attempt to justify voting for INH so much
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

But I'd rather make my case on SVS before she NKs me, so I'll save that for later if I survive long enough.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OMG, lol. Stop it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Well, if you read back my initial response was "a bit of a leap is an understatement." Basically all it says is that trying to avoid host punishment - I think INH said he wasn't sure if he'd be around later - is worth writing 3 paragraphs about. Anecdotal evidence will help me appeal to my constituents, right??

But moreso then that, it was really the last post you made presenting "new" "material" in an attempt to justify voting for INH so much

I'm confused. Me sharing my thoughts on Day 1 (AKA the Suspicion Desert) is strange in what way? As for it being the last post in which I present any new material, I did mention that his vote for bea (which hadn't happened at the time I made my post on Day 1) was odd. So that's new.

So in summary:

I always try to string something together to help me vote Day 1. Also, I was trying to appease MP with the whole "contribute on topic stuff" thing, hence the length of the post. And I have added to my suspicion of INH since, though not a whole three more paragraphs, I understand.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Thanks for that, DH. And I agree that he wasn't drawing any conclusions as LT said he was with the stretch comment. I took it as DH looking for similarities in the two lynches. Based on the sheer number of baddies in this game, there had to be baddies in there, and it stands to reason that the last two lynches were pretty easy days for all the baddies. I can see them in their chats saying, "Well, looks like we don't have much to do today. The vote will be easy." That's why I said that I'd like to look a little deeper and see which people made the easy votes and didn't put a lot of content into their lynch votes.

linki x 4
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:Thanks for that, DH. And I agree that he wasn't drawing any conclusions as LT said he was with the stretch comment. I took it as DH looking for similarities in the two lynches. Based on the sheer number of baddies in this game, there had to be baddies in there, and it stands to reason that the last two lynches were pretty easy days for all the baddies. I can see them in their chats saying, "Well, looks like we don't have much to do today. The vote will be easy." That's why I said that I'd like to look a little deeper and see which people made the easy votes and didn't put a lot of content into their lynch votes.

linki x 4
You're welcome.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Interesting stuff DH. :o A little weird some are so quick to dismiss it though. :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:

I was presenting facts, I made no attempt to draw a conclusion from those facts. Though yes, it is possible that people consistently voting together might be working together. Again, in this case I was only presenting factual information and some added observations and analysis, because I figured Rey, having asked for that information in the thread basically, might benefit from it in some way. In fact, I hope everybody benefits from it.
That is not what you were doing.
Analysis, by definition is not a fact. It is an application of facts. It is interpretation. You are trying to say something here. Don't pretend like you're not.
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: No, from the post immediately above mine. It was an attempt at a joke. Nobody else commented on it because it was pretty obviously a joke.

This one doesn't sound like a slip. The last one did.
Who would be stupid enough? Why do I think it's possible?
Because it's happened before. I've played a LOT of games, and I've seen it more than once.
So that's why I thought it was possible. Calm down.

And I said it was strange. I didn't say I wanted ot lynch you. I thought it was a POSSIBLE slip.

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I did read it. It explains a lot.

But I see your point.

Hell, at this point whatever suspicion you want to follow, follow it. I'm just considerably tired of the results we've been getting with the current strategy.
Bandwagons?
You're still on about bandwagons?
Really?
DH. Lynch one, yes that was a relative bandwagon.
Day two, we lynched a baddie. there was a bandwagon on rabbit, not Bea.
Day three, we followed up on the results of day two. Wasn't Droopy one of the Rabbit voters?
Yeah that's a follow up on a result. Not really a bandwagon
He also looked strange. Or am I getting my days mixed up? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I read it all in a few hours, really.
Then day four, was a realtive bandwagon. Yes. Vomp was acting incredibly strange for days on end, though.
Please, explain to me where people aren't bringing up suspicions and following up on results and facts.
I think you're overdoing the bandwagon stuff. I don't think you're completely wrong (relative bandwagons, bandwagons on people who didn't get lynched when the person lynched was a baddie)

so yeah.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Now, SVS - I'm convinced she's Herman the Planet Smasher.

When I initial raised my suspicion of her, it was after she had wheeled on about how DFaraday (Herman's victim from night 1) was such a bad night kill target and there was really no reason to kill him.
S~V~S wrote:I can't think of one reason anyone would kill Faraday, I read all of his posts like 5 times, and I am at a loss. He wasn't even a low poster.
She also went right ahead and said there was no reason for Ziltoid's team to kill Devin the Omniscient, but made no deal about him at all compared to the big deal about DFaraday.
S~V~S wrote:TBH, I don't see a compelling reason to kill Devin either, but I don't know him well enough to gauge how threatening he may be to someone who DOES know him.
That being said, that was all there was to it. She seemed to dismiss it as "maybe random." I was also slightly thrown off at the time by Kate and Lorab apparently rushing to defend SVS. Now I think that makes sense. Technically we are seeing SVS' civ game; as an indy you have no teammates and I would argue it's more important to kill the baddies, since they have NKs. Hell, that's how she won progressive rock mafia on progarchives.com, as an indy. I think Kate and Lorab legitimately believed what they wrote back then about SVS not seeming bad to them, and also to some degree they were digging for civvie cred - I'm not necessarily saying they are bad, sometimes civs need civ credit too. But I digress.

So yeah, SVS says "fine it was a random kill maybe."
and then, what what what?
S~V~S wrote:Plus there is a hell of a lot of secrets, including at least one zany target/role/summat switching power, which I think we saw on night one.
All of a sudden DFaraday got killed because Herman the Planet Smasher's target got switched, something that hadn't been brought up at all. I think SVS knows this happened because she is Herman, The Planet Smasher.

linki: DharmaHelper, if you're going to "present facts" can you at least adjust your charts so they show who I actually voted for on day 2?
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

*day 3
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

I'm just gonna come out and say it...I cannot sit here and read all of these massive posts arguing one way or another; I don't know how any of you can. The only person's I can read is chaindeath because they're somewhat entertaining. If you all start typing in 3rd person, I'll read your stuff. Anyway, the logic being used by most of you isn't working so I'm just gonna stick with my gut feeling from the beginning. However, if someone would like to make an argument in the 3rd person so I'll read it, or make a 1-2 line argument that I see some new logic behind, I may be interested in listening.

This is Droopy, signing off!
You can just call me...."The Best"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You never read the rest of the civvie roles like i asked you to did you Trice??????????????????????????????????

I know it becasue MY results got scrambled, you dolt. OTHER ROLES GOT SCRAMBLED. Not just the kill roles.

*Shakes head*

I give the fuck up, lol.

Return to “Previous Jobs”