Merged Tribe: [Night 12]

Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 164

Re: Merged Tribe: [Night 9]

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Also, if it was raining, why the hell did we need to go to the well anyway? Surely we could have just stood in the rain with our mouths open.
Lol
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh captain my captain
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Merged Tribe: [Day 9]

Post by LoRab »

Golden wrote:I've been poisoned.
So was I.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Golden wrote:I've been poisoned.
What?? I don't think anyone left has that ability... could it have been a random game thing?
Given it was 2 of us, not thinking random game.

Opt, you good?

I'm feeling ilke everyone needs to check in on health.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So you wanted Faraday gone because you heard rumors he was gunning for you, but you don't recall who told you these rumors?

Did anyone here have reason to believe Faraday was gunning for anyone?

I am going to call my sister then go to bed. We have all day to talk about it tomorrow. Night!

P.s. LoRab, you were one of my Mafia tutors. I would be insane to trust you, and you know that comes from a place of love.
No, I don't remember from whom I hear everything I hear. But, yes, I do believe he was after me.

PS I'm flattered, truly. But I have truly been trustworthy in this game. I'm sorry that you don't trust that. And that also comes from a place of love.
It would be good if you could remember it because if anyone said that they were lying. And we should Lynch them.

And you and Bea were the first people to totally blindside me in Mafia with Baddieness. I forget the game, it was on LP, but i had no clue. And you told me I should always keep an eye on you.

And I do.

Linki, I have not gotten new stats but I was in piss poor shape yesterday and expect I am the same today. If only we had a health care professional here with us! Oh wait, we did :suspish:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Quin »

I'm good. :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden and LoRab, were you both told you were 'poisoned' specifically? Or could you just be sick from the rain?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Golden and LoRab, were you both told you were 'poisoned' specifically? Or could you just be sick from the rain?
I was poisoned. Not food poisoned. Like, inh poisoned.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Two people? How does that even happen? What roles are left that c
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

...would do that?

(Sorry on phone in bed hit submit instead of full editor)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:Golden and LoRab, were you both told you were 'poisoned' specifically? Or could you just be sick from the rain?
specifically poisoned.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:...would do that?

(Sorry on phone in bed hit submit instead of full editor)
It was probably something to do with the rainstorm and the fire going out.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Maybe it's food poisoning from uncooked fish or something.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Poison doesn't seem like a natural occurrence. Poison is something done to you. Even food poisoning is a sickness, not being poisoned as I think of it.

Maybe but it sounds intentional to me. Except it's two people.

In any case no doctor no medication oh well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Poison doesn't seem like a natural occurrence. Poison is something done to you. Even food poisoning is a sickness, not being poisoned as I think of it.

Maybe but it sounds intentional to me. Except it's two people.

In any case no doctor no medication oh well.
Yes. Nothing we can do but keep fingers crossed and maybe a reward challenge or some other treatment. That's three of us.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm expecting a reward challenge of some sort tomorrow, going off of this poll.

On that note, the whole 'noise in the jungle' night poll kind of fell flat. I went in but didn't get anything out of it. Anyone else?
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Nope.

Some but not all of the polls seem to have been connected to the challenge the next day. They don't all appear to have had any result (like the woods one). Although I guess the result could be hidden from us.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:I'm expecting a reward challenge of some sort tomorrow, going off of this poll.

On that note, the whole 'noise in the jungle' night poll kind of fell flat. I went in but didn't get anything out of it. Anyone else?
I did.If you recall, I was the first one out of the jungle in the post. I got a pendant that allows me to give an anonymous synopsis to the thread. I told I think Opt and Sorsha about it, but obviously never used it. I think the point of it was to get BTS info into the thread discreetly, but I have never been one for discreet.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Survivor watchers~ is there a negative to voting for someone, like will we hurt them? I was going to vote, but I see no one else has, so I want to make sure I am not missing something?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm expecting a reward challenge of some sort tomorrow, going off of this poll.

I did.If you recall, I was the first one out of the jungle in the post. I got a pendant that allows me to give an anonymous synopsis to the thread. I told I think Opt and Sorsha about it, but obviously never used it. I think the point of it was to get BTS info into the thread discreetly, but I have never been one for discreet.
Oh, alright. I was wondering about the point of that poll.

And as for the vote, I think it's just about choosing a captain for what's probably a reward challenge tomorrow. I doubt it'll only be one captain, so my best guess is the top two voted will be captains, take their pick of the players left and then face off in a challenge for a reward. The leftover will probably take their pick of a team and win the award alongside them if they win.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I see. So I guess no one is voting becasue of jockeying for position? Like most votes probably gets first pick?

I assume votes are changeable?

OK,bbl,off to work.

Quick question, LoRab, now that Sorsha has answered your question to your satisfaction, who are you looking at today?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Wow...What an awful day. The fire goes out and two of you are poisoned. Man! Lorab, sorry I wasn't able to provide food. I wonder if it would have been different if both of us stoked the fire or if the rain would have just put it out anyway.

And poisoned? SVS...You were right about still getting sick...I feel bad voting of DF that early now. I hope this rain stops soon. I don't know if it's what has caused all this, but nothing good has come from the rain, that's for sure.

I have to run Epi to work so I can have the car for homeschool group today. But I will try to be back at some point...Busy day. Does anyone want to volunteer to be Captain?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll do it, unless anyone has a really strong case for being captain instead.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sure, you got my vote.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:I see. So I guess no one is voting becasue of jockeying for position? Like most votes probably gets first pick?

I assume votes are changeable?

OK,bbl,off to work.

Quick question, LoRab, now that Sorsha has answered your question to your satisfaction, who are you looking at today?
I'm not completely set, but you've sort of put me in a position that makes this difficult by coming after me. Because I still have an alliance with people with whom you have an alliance, and I'm not going to break my word to anyone without talking to them first, when they haven't done anything to break their word to me. But I also don't want to do anything that you would want me to do. Which leaves me with a likely vote against sorsha.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't "want" you to do anything. I still think Faraday was our most valuable role, and for vague reasons and a weak theory about sickness being gone, he is dead and I lay that at your feet. This is why I turned on you. Ironically, with his death, Elohs value to the group as a whole goes up. I have preexisting iron clad alliances that predate my understanding with you. While I never actually made an alliance with Sorsha, she has only helped me, never hurt me, and has value to all of us. Same for Eloh. You, on the other hand, are the reason I am still sick, as far as I am concerned.

I think you hurt us ALL with spearheading the campaign to take out Faraday.

Ultimately, that is why you are getting my vote. I don't believe you when you say "someone" told you Faraday was out to get you. I think you wanted to help Eloh fulfill her role. Which is fine, you were aliies, but you did it at the expense of everyone else. Your first post after his death:
LoRab wrote:Elo, I could use some food tonight, if you're able to start feeding folks.
Sorsha wrote:Lack of food makes me cranky, don't know about you guys. Why can't i fish in the rain?
Have you been fishing? Because I haven't seen any evidence of your sharing food with anyone. Who have you been feeding?
You had an agenda, and it is all in this post. While he volunteered, you wanted to lynch him before he volunteered, and would have fought for his lynch if he had not. We both know this to be true.

This is why I am voting for you. With love and respect, always.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

If you felt so strongly, you could have advocated against his lynch in btsc. You did not do so.

You are absolutely wrong about my motives and the assumptions you've made based on one post. Hat post was meant to democratize he food, rather than keep the ability to eat behind the hidden communication of btsc. Unlike others, who were privy to chats with sorsha, I never got to eat. So I was hungry. It's not like people hadn't asked for food before.

Also, I was following the protocol we had followed on our original beach.

I don't blame you for stabbing me in the back. It's all good.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did advocate against it. I was told there is no more sickness. Then he gave up, and I did not try hard to talk him out of it since I knew he would probably be lynched anyhow since you were so determined. He was demoralized already, I did not want to talk him into staying just to be lynched anyhow. That would have been cruel and pointless.

And I felt more strongly about it after I woke up to find the healer dead and me...sick. I have said this. Often. For me wellbeing transcends alliance.

And I know you keep saying stabbing in the back, but I really honestly think we are all in danger we would not have been in becasue you were so sure that sickness was eliminated with INH. And I came right out and said it. What is going to happen in the next week or so, THAT will be back stabbing. This I don't think so. But I can't say I blame you for thinking it.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Opt_Outside »

Phew, what a day... I'm not sick. That's very strange that two of you are. It can't be an ability- that ability has been eliminated and he could only do one person at a time anyway. There must be a gameplay aspect that we don't know about yet. I think my hunger is dropping though- I haven't had fishing luck. I hope as many of us get reward as possible cause being starving and sick out in the jungle of wherever we are ain't ideal. I can be a captain if we need another or I'm happy to hang back too
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:I did advocate against it. I was told there is no more sickness. Then he gave up, and I did not try hard to talk him out of it since I knew he would probably be lynched anyhow since you were so determined. He was demoralized already, I did not want to talk him into staying just to be lynched anyhow. That would have been cruel and pointless.

And I felt more strongly about it after I woke up to find the healer dead and me...sick. I have said this. Often. For me wellbeing transcends alliance.

And I know you keep saying stabbing in the back, but I really honestly think we are all in danger we would not have been in becasue you were so sure that sickness was eliminated with INH. And I came right out and said it. What is going to happen in the next week or so, THAT will be back stabbing. This I don't think so. But I can't say I blame you for thinking it.
I was never sure. I was speculating that it might be true. I never said it as fact or even implied taht I thought it was fact. That you are saying that I did is dishonest. I get that you are upset that you are sick. I am upset that I am poisoned. I am not thrilled that the risk we all took by thinking that sickness/poisoning might no longer be a factor was not the case, obviously. I also am confident that there are cures other than 1 role, because from a game design perspective that just makes logical sense. It would be impossible to have a balanced game if there were only 1 way for folks to be cured--especially by a player who can pick and choose who to cure. And we already know from experience that rewards can lead to cures.

Why I think it is back stabbing is that the relative danger of everyone was exactly the same when we had BTSC and the next day. You knew where I was voting. You accepted that I was voting there, and said you were ok with it. The only thing that changed is that you got sick--the assumption that sickness didn't exist was wrong. And now, 2 of us have been poisoned (which is even stranger than you being sick, tbh--and more worrisome, as sicknesses tend to go away with time, I'm not so sure the effects of poison do without a cure). I didn't make you sick. My wanting to get a player who was a threat to me off the island didn't create illness in the game. You seem to be creating cause and effect where none exists. And thus, I do see it as stabbing me in the back.
Opt_Outside wrote:Phew, what a day... I'm not sick. That's very strange that two of you are. It can't be an ability- that ability has been eliminated and he could only do one person at a time anyway. There must be a gameplay aspect that we don't know about yet. I think my hunger is dropping though- I haven't had fishing luck. I hope as many of us get reward as possible cause being starving and sick out in the jungle of wherever we are ain't ideal. I can be a captain if we need another or I'm happy to hang back too
I'd vote for you for captain.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

EBWOP: Still angry that you smashed our plates. But if it's a challenge, I want to be on your team, because you tend to win those.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Sorsha »

I'm unable to share fish today because the fire burned out.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I did advocate against it. I was told there is no more sickness. Then he gave up, and I did not try hard to talk him out of it since I knew he would probably be lynched anyhow since you were so determined. He was demoralized already, I did not want to talk him into staying just to be lynched anyhow. That would have been cruel and pointless.

I was never sure. I was speculating that it might be true. I never said it as fact or even implied taht I thought it was fact. That you are saying that I did is dishonest. I get that you are upset that you are sick. I am upset that I am poisoned. I am not thrilled that the risk we all took by thinking that sickness/poisoning might no longer be a factor was not the case, obviously. I also am confident that there are cures other than 1 role, because from a game design perspective that just makes logical sense. It would be impossible to have a balanced game if there were only 1 way for folks to be cured--especially by a player who can pick and choose who to cure. And we already know from experience that rewards can lead to cures.

Why I think it is back stabbing is that the relative danger of everyone was exactly the same when we had BTSC and the next day. You knew where I was voting. You accepted that I was voting there, and said you were ok with it. The only thing that changed is that you got sick--the assumption that sickness didn't exist was wrong. And now, 2 of us have been poisoned (which is even stranger than you being sick, tbh--and more worrisome, as sicknesses tend to go away with time, I'm not so sure the effects of poison do without a cure). I didn't make you sick. My wanting to get a player who was a threat to me off the island didn't create illness in the game. You seem to be creating cause and effect where none exists. And thus, I do see it as stabbing me in the back.
Opt_Outside wrote:Phew, what a day... I'm not sick. That's very strange that two of you are. It can't be an ability- that ability has been eliminated and he could only do one person at a time anyway. There must be a gameplay aspect that we don't know about yet. I think my hunger is dropping though- I haven't had fishing luck. I hope as many of us get reward as possible cause being starving and sick out in the jungle of wherever we are ain't ideal. I can be a captain if we need another or I'm happy to hang back too
I'd vote for you for captain.
You keep forgetting the part where I have said (more than once) that I was OK with how we ended when I went to bed. Not so much when I woke up sick. Waking up sick put your actions in a different perspective for me, and you became a threat rather than an ally.

There are two people I did not have some form of alliance with; Eloh, and Sorsha. You did not want to lynch the one, I did not want to lynch the other. Neither of them has endangered me or harmed me~ but you did by advocating for the removal from the game of the person who could have cured me and Golden. And, ironically, yourself.

I view that as a hostile action, and hostile actions break alliances. Even if you did not intend it, as you say.

And I will stop arguing this point now :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt and quin are both admirable captains. I'll make it a fair fight.

I don't really like the way today has gone down. I wish btsc was possible. As it isn't, I feel a bit hamstrung.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:Opt and quin are both admirable captains. I'll make it a fair fight.

I don't really like the way today has gone down. I wish btsc was possible. As it isn't, I feel a bit hamstrung.
Well, it is more like a regular game now. At some point BTS has to end anyhow, or what does the jury have to work with? We are playing this game now to some extent for them and their eventual decision.

Alliances are going to be discarded eventually anyhow. And I feel how I feel about the actions of others, and I have never been one to pull punches. I think what was done was reckless, and I feel we are all damaged by it. Had I thought I could talk her out of it, I would have tried to talk HIM out of quitting. But I felt she was implacable in wanting Faraday gone so eloh could cook. And now we're sick :shrug:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm here for a minute while I wait for epi to come it to the car (picking him up from work).

I hate that there is controversy going on. I see both sides as valid.

I also think opt is a great option for captain and will place my vote there.

Gotago...Be back soon.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:I hate that there is controversy going on. I see both sides as valid.
This is how I feel as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Alliances are going to be discarded eventually anyhow. And I feel how I feel about the actions of others, and I have never been one to pull punches.
You're completely right. And I knew it was coming. I even said something of the like to Elo when I last had btsc with her, that the time was coming when any vote was a betrayal.

It just doesn't make the vote fun. I admire that you've been willing to be up front about your vote and why. Funnily enough, you and LoRab seem to be less phased about things than the rest of us :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

As there is no BTSC....Should we talk about who we want to vote for or just all vote and leave it anonymous. I'm speaking for those who've yet to share or course.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I'm resigned to my fate. SVS has made up her mind, and there's really nothing I can do about it. So, it is what it is. I did my best.

I'm voting Sorsha, for what it's worth and for those curious. I feel that's the best choice for me to make at this point. I can only hope that enough people see my value and that they act in my interest.

I'm hoping that there are enough votes with mine to make a difference.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

What does your role do LoRab? Sorry if I missed that some where.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:What does your role do LoRab? Sorry if I missed that some where.
I get a preview of the day poll and I can remove an item off of it on odd nights.

If superfan were not in the game/on my tribe, I would also be able to role block on even nights.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

So yeah, that's useful.....
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What have you removed off of it?
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Opt_Outside »

I don't know, y'all... I'm about to flip a coin or something lol. But I'm not voting for sorsha.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:What have you removed off of it?
I didn't remove anything tonight. You can go back and look at the polls to see what isn't there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:I don't know, y'all... I'm about to flip a coin or something lol. But I'm not voting for sorsha.
Who will you flip a coin between?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:So yeah, that's useful.....
It's not particularly useful a role. It's why I've tried to be useful as a player and been helpful to others at every moment I have been able to do so.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Alliances are going to be discarded eventually anyhow. And I feel how I feel about the actions of others, and I have never been one to pull punches.
You're completely right. And I knew it was coming. I even said something of the like to Elo when I last had btsc with her, that the time was coming when any vote was a betrayal.

It just doesn't make the vote fun. I admire that you've been willing to be up front about your vote and why. Funnily enough, you and LoRab seem to be less phased about things than the rest of us :p
LoRab kind of took me under her wing back in 2009 (!!!) when I started playing on LP. I learned a lot from her and respect her immensely. And I like to think it is mutual. More than anyone else, she knows how to separate game from not game. Her smiley :lorab: reminds me of that. Eye me all you want, it's a good attitude to have when you play a game like this, and one I try to cultivate, but fail more often than not.
Elohcin wrote:As there is no BTSC....Should we talk about who we want to vote for or just all vote and leave it anonymous. I'm speaking for those who've yet to share or course.
You do what works for you. If you are more comfortable keeping it to yourself, then do that. But as the numbers get down, remember that whoever goes to the end game will be being judged by the jury,not each other. So we will want to put our thoughts and reasonings in the thread so they have a basis for judging our actions, but this would be the first vote we have without BTS, so at this point, I think you should do what makes you most comfortable.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm follow SVS and vote LoRab

But for the purposes of the jury, I want it to be clear. If I had my way, the vote and discussion would have gone differently today. I feel like my hand has been forced, so to speak, and so I feel like I've made the decision I have to make rather than the one I want to make. I don't personally blame LoRab for voting DF, but it's because SVS does that I'm making the vote I am. SVS is right, this is a game, I have to play it like a game, and sometimes that means making the decision I don't want to make. In this case, a different vote (lets say I went with the idea of voting sorsha) does nothing to amend this tension going forward.

Return to “Survivor Mafia”