Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Silver Lantern »

TonyStarkPrime wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:
Long Con wrote: 1. This would be the reaction that tickled my suspiciometer. Defensive, with a thin slice of OMGUS at the end.
I'm sure someone has already said something, but this is natural Silver. It is still Is valid reaction, but I don't put too much stock into it.
So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
I'm going to suggest that others who have played more with him answer this, but Silver as maf tends to play things off more and be a little less direct while maintaining a general offensive persona, where town Silver can and sometimes will verbally assault you for voting for him.
That's some mighty bold talk for a one eyed fatman... :fist:

;)
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 1)

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:JOH, especially as town, has a history of contradicting himself in his search for mafia. Any inconsistency definitely needs to be looked into, and I think SVS definitely has a valid question, but I tend to not put too much stock into how much Jack's statements contradict themselves and more into what his general sentiment is and what he thinks about the meta of the game.
:ponder:

Buddying?

I don't think this is true.

I swear I'm good at mafia you guys.
If it makes you feel any better you've never buddied me unless I was moderator.
Meant Tony might be buddying me by "giving me the benefit of the doubt" due to meta I don't think is accurate. Not sure I've ever seen Tony do that.
I don't care, why don't you buddy me more?
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:

;)
FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SONOVABITCH!!1
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
TonyStarkPrime wrote:JOH, especially as town, has a history of contradicting himself in his search for mafia. Any inconsistency definitely needs to be looked into, and I think SVS definitely has a valid question, but I tend to not put too much stock into how much Jack's statements contradict themselves and more into what his general sentiment is and what he thinks about the meta of the game.

Buddying?

If it makes you feel any better you've never buddied me unless I was moderator.
Meant Tony might be buddying me by "giving me the benefit of the doubt" due to meta I don't think is accurate. Not sure I've ever seen Tony do that.
This is how I buddy townies when I'm bad.

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
S~V~S wrote: So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Nah SVS, I'm just too damn good for people to have a ready to order meta read on me of when I'm town vs when I am not.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting that there must be a quantifiable way to determine if I'm town or evil based on simple behavior anyone can pinpoint? And you claim that I would welcome that as town? No, I wouldn't welcome that as town because no one plays town all the time and only a lame-o who doesn't want a challenge would want such a thing to exist. What a load of garbage...
Do you throw fits when you're scum, Silver? :grin:
Hey, at least I don't Buddy up to townies when I'm scum and then feign surprise when everyone is on to my scum tell you predictable bottle washer. :rolleyes:
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

DrWilgy wrote:Dizzy beat me to it.

Gfunk, all this does is set up Wifom for baddies and give uneeded info to mafia teams.

If you'd like to trigger discussion via this method, this is not the way to do so.

We hunt baddies, not civilians. My civ reads are mine to have but not to paint targets.
I know a lot people have you on their townie list, but to me this is the scummiest statement of the whole thread.

Mafia has the most info. Town has the least. Collecting and disseminating information is the whole job of the town. There is very little information that can be revealed to the town that will help scum more than civilians. I used to think the way you do, and the two best players I know disabused me of this. I'm now extra watchful about people trying to stifle info gathering. I'm not saying that a cop or watcher or doctor should out themselves. That paints targets, but trying to feel out who is town and who is scum is the whole damn point. Even if the info gathering is clumsy; even if it's completely meta (as it's likely to be day 1); even if it let's the mafia pick up on some small bit of info they didn't know; the town still has a greater net benefit.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Fredwood wrote:Shit, it's had been 48 hours already? Sucks I missed EoD. Sorry for those people who wanted a vote from my I was unlikely to vote for anyone on Day 1.

As to initial reactions to day 1 and in general.

I really don't have a lot of experience in Double mafia games, usually our games aren't big enough to support multiple mafias, and the few that I've been in I believe I've been mafia, so I have no experience with generating reads. Those with experience how does this affect your reads? Are you just more suspicious of everyone because you don't have the benefit of being able to rely on successful scum hunters as town reads?

MP...damn, I have very little experience with you and perhaps this was a result of you being dropped into the middle of a massive game, but you're putting down JJJ level of content. I like that you're adamant about the meta posts being useless right now. I tend to agree to a point. I try my best to change my style of play constantly with my only real "trait" I think being that I don't like lynching a townie as a townie that I'm very stingy with my vote, and that when I'm scum I feel I have to keep that charade up. I just assume most others have a similar MO.

llama voters:

Gfish, I like his posts. He's aggressive but not defensive, (while we're getting into a meta territory) I usually feel more comfortable with an aggressive Gfish then a defensive Gfish, so this continues. The llama vote would concern me more if they had a history of playing together.

Jack: The vote doesn't mean much he didn't want to die, makes sense. His play was rather strange, I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt because of his post EOD explanation. But he's definitely no where near green on my list.

Adam: Again vote doesn't mean much of anything to me. I like to think Adam and I are similar players, he adjusts his playstyle a lot, can be difficult to read, and to this day is the only player who ever fooled me in an end-game sequence.

LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.

Others:

Silver relying on everyone's meta to be meta. Which is also meta for SIlver

Bob, don't know what to make about Bob. Some of his early play felt a bit too cloyingly innocent and naive. Felt like I was watching a Disney movie. That changed some as he went along and posted more. First impression I got was his early scum games on the realms, he acted similarly. I don't trust his puppy dog eyes is all.

Dizzy, floating through the thread like a adhd butterfly whose wings sprinkle a dusting of cocaine in her wake. So Town??? Wait, not enough gifs, scum.

Congrats on surviving Day 1 Wilgy

Nutella had the best town instincts I've ever witnessed in our last game together. Maybe this is carrying over, but if she has issues with Epi, I'm willing to give her some previous experience currency on her read. Cozying appearances be damned.

Everyone else didn't either ping me one way or another or didn't have enough posts to move the needle strongly.

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Bob - just cus I don't want to put him in yellow group

Jack
Long Con
Epi

Coloring is fun, especially if you don't stay within the lines.
The fact that you don't have a read on me is troubling.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

;)
I can never get one past this damned goat herder...
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

;)
That one got past me.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

CaptainNifty wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Shit, it's had been 48 hours already? Sucks I missed EoD. Sorry for those people who wanted a vote from my I was unlikely to vote for anyone on Day 1.

I really don't have a lot of experience in Double mafia games, usually our games aren't big enough to support multiple mafias, and the few that I've been in I believe I've been mafia, so I have no experience with generating reads. Those with experience how does this affect your reads? Are you just more suspicious of everyone because you don't have the benefit of being able to rely on successful scum hunters as town reads?

MP...damn, I have very little experience with you and perhaps this was a result of you being dropped into the middle of a massive game, but you're putting down JJJ level of content. I like that you're adamant about the meta posts being useless right now. I tend to agree to a point. I try my best to change my style of play constantly with my only real "trait" I think being that I don't like lynching a townie as a townie that I'm very stingy with my vote, and that when I'm scum I feel I have to keep that charade up. I just assume most others have a similar MO.

llama voters:

Gfish, I like his posts. He's aggressive but not defensive, (while we're getting into a meta territory) I usually feel more comfortable with an aggressive Gfish then a defensive Gfish, so this continues. The llama vote would concern me more if they had a history of playing together.

Jack: The vote doesn't mean much he didn't want to die, makes sense. His play was rather strange, I'm willing to give him benefit of the doubt because of his post EOD explanation. But he's definitely no where near green on my list.

Adam: Again vote doesn't mean much of anything to me. I like to think Adam and I are similar players, he adjusts his playstyle a lot, can be difficult to read, and to this day is the only player who ever fooled me in an end-game sequence.

LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.

Others:

Bob, don't know what to make about Bob. Some of his early play felt a bit too cloyingly innocent and naive. Felt like I was watching a Disney movie. That changed some as he went along and posted more. First impression I got was his early scum games on the realms, he acted similarly. I don't trust his puppy dog eyes is all.

Dizzy, floating through the thread like a adhd butterfly whose wings sprinkle a dusting of cocaine in her wake. So Town??? Wait, not enough gifs, scum.

Nutella had the best town instincts I've ever witnessed in our last game together. Maybe this is carrying over, but if she has issues with Epi, I'm willing to give her some previous experience currency on her read. Cozying appearances be damned.

Everyone else didn't either ping me one way or another or didn't have enough posts to move the needle strongly.

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Jack
Long Con
Epi

The fact that you don't have a read on me is troubling.
It shouldn't, it's mostly arm waving notice me bullshit. Plus I'm only a kiss ass lieutenant.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

You post broken images?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

You post broken images?
I see a Moana gif.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

You post broken images?
I see a Moana gif.
Damnit, I can't see it. Must be too adult for me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 - Much more reasonable than my other accusers. His early bout with GFish seemed supatown but didn't go anywhere.
S~V~S - Not sure if her suspicion of me is genuine. Probably. Reads like a townie that was skimming.
sprityo - I like his few contributions so far
Long Con - He seems like a good guy.
Immortal_Raven - Null due to low participation. I'm kinda okay with that. Better at reading Raven than some players.
DrWilgy - Love his hunting. I imagine this is what townie Wigly looks like if hes not lynched early.
Epignosis - Way less aggressive than usual. Not sure what that means.
Adam - Null. I'm bad at reading Adam early. He always seems reasonable or coasty. Neither is alignment indicative to me.
Dom - Null. Never played with scum Dom. Town Dom is frustrating.
Fredwood - Null. Sexy as hell though. Hey there...buddy. :shifty:
CaptainNifty - Null. Nifty has recently switched up his style. I'll read him better after some more posting.
TonyStarkPrime - I'm bad at reading Tony. One slight buddying post does not a scum read make but...whatever
nutella - My earlier read was probably unreasonable. I'm still not wowed and I was wowed in Phenom.
Dyslexicon - Lazy hunting. Not necessarily bad but perhaps actually opportunistic scum.
colonialbob - Don't like his meta reads of me. Doesn't feel genuine. Was basically like "This thing about Jack. Doesn't necessarily mean he's bad." then "Vote Jack for reasons I just stated." Yeah, okay. Wish he had been around more at EOD.
Silver Lantern - too quiet, not enough reads, not enough anything but one (phoned in?) defensive rant. Looks like scum Silver. Shoulda pushed on him instead of Nut but boss was watching so I wasn't thorough. Like IR, I'm play with pushing him off until later cause I tend to be good at reading him.
gfishfunk - Disingenuous posts. Meta reads on me (being too nice, having town reads) are way off. Bad hunting technique ("scum won't say their top townie read is a teammate...except I've now told them that's what I'm looking for) when he can do way better. Okay, so maybe that last one's not so scummy for Gfish now that I think about it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wigly is supposed to be up top. Musta messed up my c+p
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fredwood - Null. Sexy as hell though. Hey there...buddy. :shifty:

Awwww yeah.

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Buddying?

Ehh, it's late, I'm tired. You get what I'm trying to say (I hope). I don't quite think saying that just because your reasoning is unclear doesn't mean you are maf quite counts as buddying. I do think occasionally you change your opinions on a whim.

For the record, I want to guess that you are the leader of a mafia group, but the possibility that you have been drunk the whole game stops me from putting you lower on my rainbow.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

;)
That one got past me.
Score! Suck it, Fredwood's Goats... :workit:
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Silver Lantern - too quiet, not enough reads, not enough anything but one (phoned in?) defensive rant. Looks like scum Silver. Shoulda pushed on him instead of Nut but boss was watching so I wasn't thorough. Like IR, I'm play with pushing him off until later cause I tend to be good at reading him.
Yep. Jack is definitely scum. The opposing mafia or the vig should kill him tonight.
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

BTW, April 4th is my B-day so if you're thinking of killing me or lynching me, at least wait till April 5... :hug:

Blocks and MDs are welcomed fwiw...
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:BTW, April 4th is my B-day so if you're thinking of killing me or lynching me, at least wait till April 5... :hug:

BTW My birthday is April 8th so if you're thinking of killing me or lynching me, at least wait til April 8th.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Silver Lantern - too quiet, not enough reads, not enough anything but one (phoned in?) defensive rant. Looks like scum Silver. Shoulda pushed on him instead of Nut but boss was watching so I wasn't thorough. Like IR, I'm play with pushing him off until later cause I tend to be good at reading him.
Yep. Jack is definitely scum. The opposing mafia or the vig should kill him tonight.
Cause I think you're bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:BTW, April 4th is my B-day so if you're thinking of killing me or lynching me, at least wait till April 5... :hug:

BTW My birthday is April 8th so if you're thinking of killing me or lynching me, at least wait til April 8th.
Mine is in August. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Epi is most definitely not his normal self this game and I don't know what to think of it. At least Dom is back and doing the Dom thing.
:omg:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

Silver Lantern wrote:
In open setups we don't always role reveal an NK on death. The gameplay section on the first page says lynched roles are revealed, it says nothing about NKed roles.

We learn more from lynching than NKs if that is so. Do you guys usually play only closed set up games?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Silver Lantern wrote:
S~V~S wrote: So tell me the difference between *town* Silver defensiveness and overreaction and *baddie* Silver defensiveness and overreaction reaction. There must be one, and if he is town he will welcome it being put out there.
Nah SVS, I'm just too damn good for people to have a ready to order meta read on me of when I'm town vs when I am not.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting that there must be a quantifiable way to determine if I'm town or evil based on simple behavior anyone can pinpoint? And you claim that I would welcome that as town? No, I wouldn't welcome that as town because no one plays town all the time and only a lame-o who doesn't want a challenge would want such a thing to exist. What a load of garbage...
I was suggesting it because YOU said that was a tell for you. So yes, there could be a quantifiable difference from how you behave when sincere to how you behave when insincere. That is how I play, i look for insincerity and it's related behavioral markers. And I would think that if you DO have behavioral tells you would want to know about it so you could fix them and improve your baddie game.

But what do I know? I am apparently only a garbage peddler :shrug:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

Note to host/s: Your ISO link to colonialbob is linked to Immortal_Raven's posts instead.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spoiler: show

llama voters:

Others:

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Jack
Long Con
Epi

@fred, I think the meta talk was helpful in this context. Half of us don't know the other half, so knowing what one group thinks of its own members helps us sort everyone out and it was a good conversation starter.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Note to host/s: Your ISO link to colonialbob is linked to Immortal_Raven's posts instead.
Good eye, Q-man.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Note to host/s: Your ISO link to colonialbob is linked to Immortal_Raven's posts instead.
Good eye, Q-man.
I was just looking through posts to see what my odds of getting a replace in are :grin:

They're not good. You've got a strong line-up this game, pal.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
In open setups we don't always role reveal an NK on death. The gameplay section on the first page says lynched roles are revealed, it says nothing about NKed roles.

We learn more from lynching than NKs if that is so. Do you guys usually play only closed set up games?
HCRealms roles are revealed (character name and faction) unless a "janitor" does the killing, in which case name and alignment are hidden.

Silver has played one game on the Realms with an open setup and "auto janitoring" and one on the Syndicate without these things.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Bob/Nifty

How do you feel about Silver? I feel like I'm looking at Silver similar to when he's bad in terms of level of engagement. Do you agree?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:MovingPictures07 - Much more reasonable than my other accusers. His early bout with GFish seemed supatown but didn't go anywhere.
S~V~S - Not sure if her suspicion of me is genuine. Probably. Reads like a townie that was skimming.
sprityo - I like his few contributions so far
Long Con - He seems like a good guy.
Immortal_Raven - Null due to low participation. I'm kinda okay with that. Better at reading Raven than some players.
DrWilgy - Love his hunting. I imagine this is what townie Wigly looks like if hes not lynched early.
Epignosis - Way less aggressive than usual. Not sure what that means.
Adam - Null. I'm bad at reading Adam early. He always seems reasonable or coasty. Neither is alignment indicative to me.
Dom - Null. Never played with scum Dom. Town Dom is frustrating.
Fredwood - Null. Sexy as hell though. Hey there...buddy. :shifty:
CaptainNifty - Null. Nifty has recently switched up his style. I'll read him better after some more posting.
TonyStarkPrime - I'm bad at reading Tony. One slight buddying post does not a scum read make but...whatever
nutella - My earlier read was probably unreasonable. I'm still not wowed and I was wowed in Phenom.
Dyslexicon - Lazy hunting. Not necessarily bad but perhaps actually opportunistic scum.
colonialbob - Don't like his meta reads of me. Doesn't feel genuine. Was basically like "This thing about Jack. Doesn't necessarily mean he's bad." then "Vote Jack for reasons I just stated." Yeah, okay. Wish he had been around more at EOD.
Silver Lantern - too quiet, not enough reads, not enough anything but one (phoned in?) defensive rant. Looks like scum Silver. Shoulda pushed on him instead of Nut but boss was watching so I wasn't thorough. Like IR, I'm play with pushing him off until later cause I tend to be good at reading him.
gfishfunk - Disingenuous posts. Meta reads on me (being too nice, having town reads) are way off. Bad hunting technique ("scum won't say their top townie read is a teammate...except I've now told them that's what I'm looking for) when he can do way better. Okay, so maybe that last one's not so scummy for Gfish now that I think about it.
There's a fair amount of "people suspect me so I suspect them" in these reads, which I don't like. Also, I was around at EOD, and saw nothing to make me want to change my vote. Offering outside of game rewards for not lynching you is a total scum move.

Also, because I can't resist passing up meta/mechanical discussion - I think voting once in a game like this is a mafia-friendly behavior (although note in big letters I DON'T THINK THIS IS AN ALIGNMENT-BASED DECISION FOR YOU). Moving votes around lets patterns develop and gets more info out, while only voting once is more cryptic. The more paper trail you have the better vote analysis you can do.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote:
Fredwood wrote:

Mine is in August. :srsnod:
Knucks for best birthday month
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Bob/Nifty

How do you feel about Silver? I feel like I'm looking at Silver similar to when he's bad in terms of level of engagement. Do you agree?
Yeah, I'm reading bad Silver. Tony actually hit the nail on the head pretty well, and I'm getting a generalized aggressiveness vibe instead of normal pitbull Silver (latches onto something and won't let go).
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Also - all caught up from the night. Not totally sure what to make of the Epi/LC back and forth, so I'll mostly set it aside for now. They are probably not on the same scum team, at least.

Would still like gfish to answer why llama instead of Jack.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.
I have a few problems with this post.

1. There was no retaliation or grudge in play when I voted for Llama. Llama came at me with a distinct style of accusation that I recognized from his recent baddie game. That was the reason I voted for him.

2. You have played one game with me, where I was on your scum team. You have never played with me as Civ or Indy. I wouldn't rely too much on your "experience" with me.

3. What mayhem? :confused:
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Silver seems less focused than usual. I'm not sure that's scum (I don't think I've played anything other than Hybridity and Superior Foes with Silver), but he's on my radar.
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

Long Con wrote:
Adam wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Adam wrote:I am voting thellama

He's at the intersection of the Venn diagram of players I have scum reads on and players who have votes on them. I also think it's a little weird that more people aren't interested in Long Con and llama's back and forth, almost like some people are studiously avoiding getting involved.
I actually am interested in it, and I could consider this vote as well. Could you talk more about the diagram of scum reads thing? And who are the some people avoiding getting involved, anyone in specific?
The diagram was just my way of pointing out that the only person who has votes out of my scum reads was llama, which is why i went that direction. I posted some reads a few hours ago, and haven't seen anything from llama to flip him out of the bottom chunk of the list.

As to who's avoiding getting involved, it's no one specific but the discussion as a whole. S~V~S commented on it, I noticed. But LC and llama are both making very strong meta allegations at the other, much stronger than most of the other verbal sparring we've seen so far. I would just expect more people to have chimed in on it at least a little bit, especially those who have more experience with the Syndicate meta.
I just want to chime in to say Llama's "meta allegations" on me were nowhere in the vicinity of "strong".
I didn't mean "strong" as in "compelling evidence," I meant "strong" as in he voted for you and had no intention of moving it, whereas most of the other players weren't locked in to one vote.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:LC: Maybe his vote was retaliatory and there looked to be a bit of grudgeplay histrionics involved. I have experience with LC as scum, and nothing he's done really has me greening him. The mayhem is very much in line with what I experienced with him as a scumpartner.
I have a few problems with this post.

1. There was no retaliation or grudge in play when I voted for Llama. Llama came at me with a distinct style of accusation that I recognized from his recent baddie game. That was the reason I voted for him.

2. You have played one game with me, where I was on your scum team. You have never played with me as Civ or Indy. I wouldn't rely too much on your "experience" with me.

3. What mayhem? :confused:
Yes and the interactions afterwards felt grudgematch. I did make the caveat of only one game's experience with you, I'm not calling for a lynch, I'm saying you're not pinging green.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom- Dom tends to be a problem for me. As friendship goes, I am probably closer to Dom on many levels than to anyone else on forum, he brings out my Momma Bear big time. I adore him to bits. And I always read him as bad. He often tends to derail me regardless of affiliation. He has this “sweep into the thread ask some rapid fire questions and leave” approach that feels like staccato barking out of questions, so I almost always read him as bad. So as far as I am concerned my opinion about him means zero. When I am playing in a game with Dom I almost never have an opinion about him, so I have to rely on the opinions of others to sort him.

DrWilgy – Dr Wilgy is a fun, quixotic character. I call him a “character” because he always plays in role as the Doctor. He is like me in that he has his own approach to things and this gets him mislynched at times. He has a good gut, but gets subject to paranoia, moreso when he’s civ. He’s someone who just generally *feels* bad or good to me in a way that I just can’t explain. He has a slightly almost mean tone that is utterly un-Wilgy like when he's bad.

Dyslexicon – I have only watched, never played with, Dizzy. Loves those cat gifs~ but I could not say if there are more gifs when Dizzy is town or not. Not seeing many gifs here.

Epignosis – Epi is another one that is playing a role imo; game Epi is much more arrogant, stubborn and aggressive than real Epi by far. It’s a good thing to try to remember when he gets under the skin :nicenod: When Epi is civ I tend to find him more approachable and more like real Epi, although he can be equally arrogant about his reads and super sure of himself regardless of affiliation. When he’s bad, in general, he comes across as more forbidding. If Epi is still alive halfway through the game it means one of two things~ either he is spectacularly off base as a civ OR he’s bad, and there is really no way of telling which is which. His opening post yesterday, about MP’s fucking book, made me feel OK about him.

Jack O”Hearts- I have only played one game with him and he was outed as a baddie Night 1, so I have never actually seen his civ game. I am fairly sure that is still the case :P

Long Con – I have been playing with LC for a looooong time. From my first or second game on Lostpedia back in 2009. There have been long stretches where one of us was not playing, so it has not been continuous. LC has, to my eye, a certain tone when he’s bad, he just *feels* slick, for lack of a better word, when he’s bad. More opportunistic; he has a trickster feel that I find mostly absent when he’s bad. He took a long break last year, as did I, and I feel he changed somewhat over that time. He feels lighter and less intense than he used to feel. But that bit of slickness is still there~ I saw it in Survivor, and I do not see it at all here. But I don’t think I read him as well as I used to do.

MP- I love MP like a brother. And like brothers and sisters, we fight, sometimes quite fiercely. We can, and have, derailed a thread. If this happens we are either civs or teammates. I think we avoid confrontation more when one of us is bad and the other is not. He tends to overanalyze. He can come to brilliant conclusions this way, but he can also box himself into a corner. When he is bad, he still posts his walls of text, but he often jumps to conclusions that are not necessarily supported by the walls o’text. He gets a tiny bit of a bwa ha ha roleplay baddieness, but it’s only a tad. I have not seen it yet, but it is only Day One. It is especially apparent when he gets mad. His hissy fit sounds more sincere when he’s civ, it sounds like false outrage when bad.

nutella – Another one I have been playing with on and off since 2009. Nutellas game has been remarkably consistent since that time. She tends to put her thought process in the thread, and sees both sides of a story. That’s a good thing, but people tend to read it as bad, for some reason people often tend to see the ability to see both sides of a story and not jump to conclusions as "waffling" or some such thing. I can tend to do the same thing, so I am familiar with it. She gets mislynched a lot for it. She also comes across as shifty at times, and will change her mind rapidly on votes if someone makes a point she likes, and that often comes across as opportunistic to people. She is an easy lynch for baddies, especially in games like this where she does not know many of the players, not unlike Llama. She has a super quick mind and can be very insightful and she often catches small things others miss. To be honest, I can never tell whether she is bad or not most of the time, other than through her opinions. We tend to agree on others more often than not when we’re civ, so when we don’t I want to know why.

sprityo – my main experience with sprit is the one day we had as civvies together in the GOC, when he was also hosting a very busy game at the same time. In that one day, he had the insight to protect the right person, the person targeted for a kill (me) and subsequently he got a kill. His gut was 100% spot on with his original choice for the kill, Bea, a baddie who had pretty much pulled the wool over everyone elses eyes hard, but he listened to the suggestion of a wild marmot and NKed a low poster instead. The guy had mad good instincts in my short experience with him. I have no basis of comparison to discuss his bad game.

thellama73 – I left Llama in even though he is gone. Llama is the one person I am pretty much unable to read. He is NEVER sincere early in games. He is always playful and irreverent and rather indifferent to the fate of the people he targets for a vote for ludicrous reasons. This is not affiliation indicative. Because I can never read his tone for sincerity, I pay extreme attention to Llama in games on day one, more than I pay to anyone else really. He is ever so slightly more serious when he is bad, and he is more deprecating when bad as well. He worries about how he looks, which he absolutely never does when civ. When he’s civ, and getting lynched, he gets a semi hysterical tone to his defense, a more pissy tone when he’s bad. It’s a vague difference. He is very astute, and thinks nothing like I do, but we somehow often come to similar conclusions when he finally starts playing the game and stops frolicking.
This is my meta reads list on Syndicate people ^^

I will try to do a HCR list later, but I will have to do ISOs for that, but I need to do them anyhow.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: There's a fair amount of "people suspect me so I suspect them" in these reads, which I don't like.
Mmmm not really.
There's I don't like why you, GFish, Dizzy claim to suspect me.

Contrast with town reads on SVS and MP, who had different behaviors. Contrast my null read on Dom.

If I saw similar behavior from the three suspects that was directed at someone who wasn't me, I'd have the same opinions. Same for MP. Might be giving SVS and Dom more town credit because they are focused on me so I'm focused on them and a less focused look might bring a different read but that's also about focus, not me.

Also, I was around at EOD, and saw nothing to make me want to change my vote.
Meant in regards to other players. I know what you claim to think of me. I don't/didn't know how you felt about Llama, LC, GFish. Did you weigh in on these players and I missed it? How do you feel about them?
Also, because I can't resist passing up meta/mechanical discussion - I think voting once in a game like this is a mafia-friendly behavior (although note in big letters I DON'T THINK THIS IS AN ALIGNMENT-BASED DECISION FOR YOU). Moving votes around lets patterns develop and gets more info out, while only voting once is more cryptic. The more paper trail you have the better vote analysis you can do.
Sort of?

When I make one vote, I'm either voting for my top suspect or I'm saying "these are my top suspects but" and I'm voting for my top viable suspect.

I'm not sure I follow the paper trail comment. You're not ctrl+f ing my ISO for "vote" right? As long as I'm giving reads throughout the day, what's the difference? The difference (as I see it) is the emphasis on my vote at EOD (or when leading a lynch). When I throw my vote around (even a little), I look bad. My vote seems disingenuous because it is (relative to my final EOD vote). This is outside my alignment. I don't want to look suspicious just for play style. I didn't find the unchangable vote rule in Unfortunate Events to be a hinderance. I found it to be helpful to my play style. I still prefer changeable votes in case I change my mind and to not weaken other players who have different styles. I think mine works for me, though.

For anyone who does find this alignment indicative, feel free to check out the last Hybridity game and Bioware game on the Realms or Phenom on the Syndicate. I wasn't bad in any of those and chose to be very reserved/deliberate with my vote. Even put not vote changing in my recent Superior Foes game.

colonialbob wrote:

Yeah, I'm reading bad Silver. Tony actually hit the nail on the head pretty well, and I'm getting a generalized aggressiveness vibe instead of normal pitbull Silver (latches onto something and won't let go).
Almost like he's going through the motions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, re Llama: He is more *SELF* deprecating. Doh.
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

Do you throw fits when you're scum, Silver? :grin:
He throws fits like every other game.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

S~V~S wrote:

llama voters:

Others:

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Jack
Long Con
Epi

@fred, I think the meta talk was helpful in this context. Half of us don't know the other half, so knowing what one group thinks of its own members helps us sort everyone out and it was a good conversation starter.
Maybe, my feeling is that it would generally be moot, a couple of us change it up from game to game anyway. With it being a new site and a new style and with a new group of people the playstyles would be radically different from normal unless they're relying on their meta as proof of content.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

A couple of things:

@Jack - When you say lazy scum hunting and don't like the reason I'm suspecting you, do you mean to say that I don't have a lot of basis for my suspicion? I'm very much a gut read type of player this being especially true D1. If my behavior was opportunitistic that would mean a lack of care. But I considered as carefully as I could, and yes without a lot of hard basis, but it shows that I do care. My vote landed on you cause I concluded you were the best choice. I don't expect you to like it regardless of your alignment. I still don't feel good about you. Do you see my behavior as different from last time we played together? What else do you expect from me as town?

- I second the suspicon on Silver as I think he's been rather forgetful. In the Phenon game he was pretty easy to identify as town and much more in the mix of things (even though that meant tunneling me half of the time lol).

- Lol at people discussing me and my gif usage. <3

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Also, I was around at EOD, and saw nothing to make me want to change my vote.
Meant in regards to other players. I know what you claim to think of me. I don't/didn't know how you felt about Llama, LC, GFish. Did you weigh in on these players and I missed it? How do you feel about them?
Llama I weighed in on early. We voted for each other, read each other slightly scum, both ended up moving on. As I said, I think it was a clash of styles leading to scum reads more than anything else.

LC was fine. Don't know that I love the back and forth with Epi at the beginning of the night but I'm hesitant to make any firm reads off that yet considering I don't know either player. It's an interaction that I think is meaningful but I have no idea how to fit it in yet (which is why I said I was going to leave it alone for now).

Gfish is playing like vanilla gfish. This gives me a slight scum read but is also very possible from good gfish. He's not somebody I'd vote for but he's also not somebody I'd defend. His explanation of his vote will hopefully help clarify my read.

Most of this was in my earlier reads post, except the Epi/LC bit (which hadn't happened at EOD). Learn2iso. :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Fredwood wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

llama voters:

Others:

So
None

Gfish
Diz
nutella

Adam
Wilgy
Silver

Jack
Long Con
Epi

Maybe, my feeling is that it would generally be moot, a couple of us change it up from game to game anyway. With it being a new site and a new style and with a new group of people the playstyles would be radically different from normal unless they're relying on their meta as proof of content.
Maybe, :shrug:

Our people seem, for the most part, to be playing like usual.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote:Maybe, :shrug:

Our people seem, for the most part, to be playing like usual.
Omg. JJJ made all the Cindy Kate people town! :omg:
It actually fits more with my reads overall which may or may not be a problem.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

oohhhhh....Cindy Kate

I understand now.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”