Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:Does the day close at 7 EST?
That's when the poll closes.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Any legacy posts Gfish?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Silver Lantern »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Mainly cause that's my job... :biggrin:
Lulz. :p
You have no idea how much I like the line "tuck and roll bitches". It immediately catapulted Epi to like my favorite person on this site, but I kinda feel like a big sibling having to defend his little siblings here when he starts to kick my people while they're down not just to him but any non HCR people... Wierd I know, I am trying to shake it, lol.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:Any legacy posts Gfish?
I have an hour and forty-five minutes to think of something. I'll try to compose something worth reading in the interim.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:I'm still afraid that vote shenanigans will fuck up having a lynch.
What are you whining on about? Can you quote what role has vote shenanigans that you're concerned about? So that others can understand without stirring up a panic for no reason?
I recommend reading the setup, it's a good read. Don't have time to quote right now, will rather actually read the game day. If I wanted to stirr up a panic I'd be using this: :omg:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

gfishfunk wrote:
I have an hour and forty-five minutes to think of something. I'll try to compose something worth reading in the interim.
Is it an hour 45? Are my dst settings wrong?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Yeah, gfishfunk is a liar. Who the hell uses a block / kill BEFORE an alignment check.

Lies.
Obviously you have never played with Gfish...

He does dumb shit all the time, lololol.
Yeah but not this dumb.

That's a safeclaim.

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:I'm still afraid that vote shenanigans will fuck up having a lynch.
What are you whining on about? Can you quote what role has vote shenanigans that you're concerned about? So that others can understand without stirring up a panic for no reason?

lol...I chicken littled it earlier, there is at least 2 known vote manipulators...Theres 3 possible reaper vote manipulators, for sure there's one, possibly 2 in that faction. The Thorian is a vote manipulator, and I believe there's another alliance role or two that are vote manipulators.

So, there's almost as much chance for vote shenanigans as there is for roleblocking.
Do they nerf the lynch all together or just make it so that the next leader is lynched? Cause if so I am staying on JackofScums2005.

BTW, "Tuck and roll Bitches!" ;airguitar:

LINKI (am I doing this right?): I am on the east coast and it's 5:15 here.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

lol...I chicken littled it earlier, there is at least 2 known vote manipulators...Theres 3 possible reaper vote manipulators, for sure there's one, possibly 2 in that faction. The Thorian is a vote manipulator, and I believe there's another alliance role or two that are vote manipulators.

So, there's almost as much chance for vote shenanigans as there is for roleblocking.
Do they nerf the lynch all together or just make it so that the next leader is lynched? Cause if so I am staying on JackofScums2005.

BTW, "Tuck and roll Bitches!" ;airguitar:

LINKI (am I doing this right?): I am on the east coast and it's 5:15 here.
It depends on the role, some force you to vote for a specific person, another doubles a single voters vote, another just straight up removes votes from himself. I don't see a scenario right now though where if shenanigans occur where anybody but Gfish and Jack get lynched.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
When does the thread close?

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Yeah, gfishfunk is a liar. Who the hell uses a block / kill BEFORE an alignment check.

Lies.

Yeah but not this dumb.

That's a safeclaim.
I don't doubt that Gfish of making such a dumb play on purpose, but it does seem way more irresponsible than he'd probably be with a copping. Plus do you honestly believe he wouldn't cop, you, me, or IR? I don't think so... :rolleyes:

I still think you're scum tho, so stop buddying up to me, I already told you it was your tell. :feb:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

gfishfunk wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
When does the thread close?
I see 40 min on my end.
Image Image Image
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

It would be really cool if Adam and TSP voted for Jack, the fates would decide >.><.<, that or the Illusive Man...So if the Illusive Man gets his vote doubled it counts for 3 against non humans?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

Lies.

Yeah but not this dumb.

That's a safeclaim.
I don't doubt that Gfish of making such a dumb play on purpose, but it does seem way more irresponsible than he'd probably be with a copping. Plus do you honestly believe he wouldn't cop, you, me, or IR? I don't think so... :rolleyes:

I still think you're scum tho, so stop buddying up to me, I already told you it was your tell. :feb:
Whatever you say, toaster. :keys:

"Oh, Epi is claiming baddie and GFish looks terrible. Guess I'll keep voting for Jack."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Fred

Please stop. We're on the same side and I can't stand it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

My apologies to our fine hosts as well as you all for my absence. My schedule took an unexpected turn yesterday and what I thought was going to be a mostly off day but still at home ended up being a mostly off day with an impromptu road trip and spending time with my wife which I really needed. It just means today I've been playing massive work catchup.

I won't be able to catch up on this thread before EoD I'm sure, and I still have more work to do throughout the evening, so I'll try to get the gist of what's going on, at least make a vote, and be more properly engaged in time for the next phase.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:

Lies.

Yeah but not this dumb.

That's a safeclaim.

Whatever you say, toaster. :keys:

"Oh, Epi is claiming baddie and GFish looks terrible. Guess I'll keep voting for Jack."
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:My apologies to our fine hosts as well as you all for my absence. My schedule took an unexpected turn yesterday and what I thought was going to be a mostly off day but still at home ended up being a mostly off day with an impromptu road trip and spending time with my wife which I really needed. It just means today I've been playing massive work catchup.

I won't be able to catch up on this thread before EoD I'm sure, and I still have more work to do throughout the evening, so I'll try to get the gist of what's going on, at least make a vote, and be more properly engaged in time for the next phase.
tell her I say hi
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:My apologies to our fine hosts as well as you all for my absence. My schedule took an unexpected turn yesterday and what I thought was going to be a mostly off day but still at home ended up being a mostly off day with an impromptu road trip and spending time with my wife which I really needed. It just means today I've been playing massive work catchup.

tell her I say hi
You bet, bud. :beer:

So what's going on, Doctor Wilgy? Want to give me a quick rundown? Why are you voting the way you are?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

tell her I say hi

So what's going on, Doctor Wilgy? Want to give me a quick rundown? Why are you voting the way you are?
Tl;dr A group wants JoH dead, though I haven't really been paying attention to this case, Epi claims indi which creates a group voting for him as he's not town beneficial, I argue that it won't gain us info and argued for the Gfish wagon which recently took off.

I'm voting Gfish because I do not believe he is hunting. I also do not believe his role claim in which he chose to role block Epi instead of alignment check him when the possibility was there.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

tell her I say hi

I got this you guys.

Epi claimed Geth so he's probably bad or will turn bad. But maybe not. Much argument about this.

GFish claimed flamethrower dude and he tried to block/kill Epi last night. He was scummy and stuff before but the fact that he's claiming to have done a potential kill before using his cop ability is really fishy.

Silver is obviously scum. Doesn't want to lynch Epi or GFish. Is not hunting.

Several people are voting for me for stupid reasons but I'm town.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

I can't "turn" bad. I am, if you will, but a passenger who merely chooses which car to ride in.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:I can't "turn" bad. I am, if you will, but a passenger who merely chooses which car to ride in.
Programmed to be difficult, I see.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, sounds like I missed an interesting read. Look forward to becoming acclimated with that properly this weekend. Thanks guys. :beer:

So gfish claims to have a cop ability and an RB ability and he's claiming to have used the RB first?
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Fred

How on earth could you possibly know that you and Fred are on the same team? What a scummy thing to say in a game with 2 mafias lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, sounds like I missed an interesting read. Look forward to becoming acclimated with that properly this weekend. Thanks guys. :beer:

So gfish claims to have a cop ability and an RB ability and he's claiming to have used the RB first?
That's right.

Role block / "chance to kill" I might add.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, sounds like I missed an interesting read. Look forward to becoming acclimated with that properly this weekend. Thanks guys. :beer:

The RB has a chance to kill as well.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:

How on earth could you possibly know that you and Fred are on the same team? What a scummy thing to say in a game with 2 mafias lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Consider me confused then. Lol.

I would say that this makes gfish's claim sound like BS, but why would gfish lie about this in such blatantly illogical form if mafia? That's what I don't understand.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:

I'll answer seriously this time, I fucked up and accidentally claimed when Bob died, who was EDI, I thought I lost my powers because of Saren, when it was in fact because EDI died...so that and how awesomely cool and neat I am people have been hardcore greening me.

I guess I'm as close to a confirmed town as you can have in the game, so everyone is buddying me >.>
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Consider me confused then. Lol.

I would say that this makes gfish's claim sound like BS, but why would gfish lie about this in such blatantly illogical form if mafia? That's what I don't understand.
MP, just bus him. Let's not draw this out.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Silver Lantern wrote:

Fred is confirmed town and I've read my role pm.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

This is the problem lol. I'm pretty solid in the Wilgy is town camp, so as a sign of good faith I'm willing to vote for Fish over Jack.

Who I still think is a better lynch because of cost/benefit analysis and his overtly opportunistic play, which, to my estimation, is out of character for him. There's enough smoke for Gfish as well independently so I'm okay with pursuing it I guess. (SHRUUUUUGGGGG)
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

I don't care if it feeds his piddly ego, but jacks play here is textbook 2 player mafia scum play. Point the finger at the player you think will distract the most and self implode while buddying up to every townie. "Were on the same team bros". :rolleyes:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:

:haha:

I'm not bad, but nice try. ;)
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Ahem.

I really hope this is not my legacy.

Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon

Post by Silver Lantern »

What is a legacy post?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

:haha:

I'm not bad, but nice try. ;)
Did I say you were bad? Jumping to conclusions much?
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I've never heard "bus" in any other mafia context.

Guess I can join this fish wagon thing. I'm cool with it. :slick:
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Silver Lantern wrote:I don't care if it feeds his piddly ego, but jacks play here is textbook 2 player mafia scum play. Point the finger at the player you think will distract the most and self implode while buddying up to every townie. "Were on the same team bros". :rolleyes:
My ego needs all the help it can get.

Also to honor our budding buddying bromance, I've changed my avatar to Brak full time. You're welcome.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I've never heard "bus" in any other mafia context.

I just found a new favorite Gfish related mafia term.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fredwood wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I've never heard "bus" in any other mafia context.

I just found a new favorite Gfish related mafia term.
:beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hey MP...

Did you and your team forget to send in a kill...again? :grin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

Hey MP...

Did you and your team forget to send in a kill...again? :grin:
You wish. :slick:

After that incident I told myself I'm never letting that happen again. :blush:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think that was the only game where I failed to send in a PM regularly. Oh, what a game. I blame PhD + moving.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Epi, why did you claim indy? Remember what happened to me when I circumstantially claimed Tyler Durden the indy in GoC '14? :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I better get fully back to work. I'll be around to spam the thread at some point in the next few days I'm sure. Thanks for understanding. :grin:
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Fredwood wrote: 1. Dom, Spirit, and SVS. What specifically do you need to be happy with Jack...at this point is there anything that he can say that won't make you want to lynch him today or any other day? I doubt, even if you caught him, he's likely to admit to being Scum. I'm not sold on Jack's civness either, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for his busy at work explanation, but if he's going to be a continuing distraction for a large portion of the players...
(this is where i am in catching up..... so pretty far behind)

To be happy with jack, i need a concrete case that shows he is trying to work towards the town's benefit. Usually i play with "everyone is innocent until proven guilty," but as of current I kinda want Jack out of the way to not further cloud my judgement. Because if he isnt cleared up soon, then i'll never be able to move him out of a null/light scum position. That case becomes more hazardous the longer he stays in the game maintaining the same status he currently has. There's nothing that he can do to change my mind today i think (or least as far as ive read). Even a role claim will not convince me, if anything it shows desperation to survive. (which i personally view as a usually mafia based thing to do). im slowly catching up, but for now im still maintaining my vote on Jack.

Also Fredwood i liked the other points you had listed in that post. makes me feel better about you.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I should also go and say this along with what i just said about my uncertainty of Jack and wanting him to get out of the way now since i probably wont be able to place him elsewhere later in game:

In most of my experiences of Third Party/Independents, It is almost ALWAYS beneficial to remove them early if theyre trying to gambit for their life. Sorry Epi, but you basically have left yourself to the mercy of the game instead of playing it. Fearmongering aside, it's a poor play.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote:I should also go and say this along with what i just said about my uncertainty of Jack and wanting him to get out of the way now since i probably wont be able to place him elsewhere later in game:

In most of my experiences of Third Party/Independents, It is almost ALWAYS beneficial to remove them early if theyre trying to gambit for their life. Sorry Epi, but you basically have left yourself to the mercy of the game instead of playing it. Fearmongering aside, it's a poor play.
Gambit for my life? What the hell does that even mean?

Nothing about my play has been poor. I'm rocking it.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”