Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 2)

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Long Con's narrative just makes no sense to me in general. From what I've seen him as scum, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he deflected his own teammates pressure of who they think is opposite Don, only to resume pressure later. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was a Reaper, knew Vega was a safe claim and then tried to pin Epi in a different way.
What about my "narrative" doesn't make sense to you?

The narrative that you are Cerberus.

So do you want to make sense of the Long Con is Cerberus narrative for me?
Actually, it's funny. I started out in Mafia on the now-defunct Lostpedia Forums. My original name there was Cerberus, but I got banned and came back as Long Con. :haha:
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

Long Con wrote:Actually, it's funny. I started out in Mafia on the now-defunct Lostpedia Forums. My original name there was Cerberus, but I got banned and came back as Long Con. :haha:
That is actually pretty hilarious. I now see that the long con is that you were secretly someone they banned. Did that ever get revealed?
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
Long Con wrote:Actually, it's funny. I started out in Mafia on the now-defunct Lostpedia Forums. My original name there was Cerberus, but I got banned and came back as Long Con. :haha:
That is actually pretty hilarious. I now see that the long con is that you were secretly someone they banned. Did that ever get revealed?
That is exactly the Long Con of it. :feb: I even made up a fake name (James Dealer) and signed up under his email and Photobucket account. It's still my main Photobucket to this day. By the time it was revealed, I was too integrated into the community to consider re-banning for some old grudgey shit.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Dry Flood »

Night 2 is over.
Spoiler: show
Dom has been killed.

He was:

Garrus Vakarian

You were a Turian agent of C-SEC raging against the corruption inherent in the system that allowed Saren to exist. Then Shepard recruited you to stop him, and hey, save the galaxy at the same time!

You are an excellent sniper, and have a one-shot nightkill that you can use. This nightkill can’t be misdirected by another player in any way (this includes mind control or busdriving of your target), though it can be blocked or doctored. Additionally, with your investigative talents as a member of C-SEC, twice during any separate night phases you can target someone at night and determine who they targeted (tracker). You can select either the tracking or the nightkill as your night action.

If you are not engaged in a relationship with Commander Shepard by Night 5, you will end up being masoned with Tali if she is currently in the game. She must also not be engaged in a relationship with Commander Shepard.
It is Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. A proper write up will come as soon as we're able.

Write up

Another locked terminal across the galaxy refused access to an infiltrator. The protective technology and coding proved stronger than their skills could surpass.

Elsewhere, Garrus Vakarian was piloting a shuttle away from the surface of a believed-uninhabited but mineral heavy-planet near to the Normandy's position. The stock of iridium he was returning with would be great for refurbishing and updating the rifle weaponry aboard the ship. Before he could exit the atmosphere, however, his dashboard screen indicated the shuttle had been locked by a ground-borne missile projectile. He attempted evasive maneuvers, but the technology on the ground was superior to that of his shuttle, and he suffered a direct hit to his propulsion systems. The shuttle arced sharply over itself and plummeted back to the surface. Garrus and the shuttle were both lost.

Aboard the Normandy, there was some concern that the behavior of a crew member was becoming erratic and confused. Without Dr. Chakwas, the infirmary had become backlogged, and their ability to discern a proper diagnosis was limited. Most attributed the behavior to the pressures of the mission and dismissed their concerns.
Golden
Marmot
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Silver Lantern wrote:Taking the liberty of paraphrasing
Jack: "Silver isn't hunting, ergo he's scum silver."
I openly admit that I have not led and I have not been hunting at all.

But you know what stops Town Silver from hunting Jack? Constantly being on the defensive from your BS accusations. You know that you know how to push my buttons like nobody's business and you know that by pushing on me, you will keep me tied up from participating with the town.

That right there is reason #1 why you're scum.
So the number one reason I'm scum is because you decided to Phone in the game? :haha:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 3)

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm alives. Why all rllama peopke die??
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hi jack. U svum??
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:Hi jack. U svum??
:eye: Are you trying to hijack the thread?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also RIP, sweet Dom. I always love when you're around because then we don't need Llama OR Epignosis. :noble: :srsnod:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Dom.

Long Con wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
That is exactly the Long Con of it. :feb: I even made up a fake name (James Dealer) and signed up under his email and Photobucket account. It's still my main Photobucket to this day. By the time it was revealed, I was too integrated into the community to consider re-banning for some old grudgey shit.

Hahaha, I knew you'd make the "Long Con is Cerberus" joke/connection eventually.
Also, I always wondered about the "jdealer" name. Funny.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Damn, all you folks be havin' lives on Friday night.

I thought that recent Nifty analysis looked very good. I recall thinking earlier "Nifty is totally not on X team" for some reason, but that recap was very coherent and straightforward.
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

Fred. You're wrong.

I'm not scum of any flavor. You're completely off base.

I thought I had a way to temporarily re-power you. I was wrong. Less able to prove my civness now.

I could try to counter each of your arguments, but my gut tells me it won't matter. I don't have anything really useful, other than my gut says silver, adam and TSP are shady.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Well the good news is I don't tunnel and the other good news is that no one else seems to give a fuck.

The bad news is I don't like the avoidance of the suspicion, If I were an asshole who was known to tunnel I would understand not wanting to respond...otherwise

Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Anyway, sorry to see Garrus go, do we learn anything from his death?

Does it seem odd that Cerberus hit Dom to anyone else but me?
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fredwood wrote:Anyway, sorry to see Garrus go, do we learn anything from his death?

The obvious target would be Epignosis, but maybe they just assume he'll get lynched.

Or maybe they tried to kill Epi, and failed, and the Dom kill was a one-shot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

Fredwood's analysis was one of the best I've ever seen.

He doesn't usually do those?

Bravo.

CAP (in his ass)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Anyway, sorry to see Garrus go, do we learn anything from his death?

The obvious target would be Epignosis, but maybe they just assume he'll get lynched.

Why am I the obvious target?
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

The first thing that pops into my head is Jack. While just about everyone is suspicious of him, no one really got under his skin except Dom. I can see 2 scenarios.

1) Jack had his Cerberus pals hit Dom. This is not a particularly likely scenario, but it's possible.
2) Cerberus hit Dom hoping to push the above theory today hoping that the lynch of JoH sticks.

Either way Dom is dangerous to scum and I'm sure that's why they hit him.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

A most unfortunate death.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mr. Nifty:

Why did you vote for me instead of Gfishfunk when he was your second most suspected person and then you voted Gfishfunk after I, your most suspected person, voted for him?
CaptainNifty wrote:Fred. You're wrong.

I thought I had a way to temporarily re-power you. I was wrong. Less able to prove my civness now.

I could try to counter each of your arguments, but my gut tells me it won't matter. I don't have anything really useful, other than my gut says silver, adam and TSP are shady.
No. No bullshit. I don't care about your gut.

How were you going to re-power Fred?
CaptainNifty wrote:

The first thing that pops into my head is Jack. While just about everyone is suspicious of him, no one really got under his skin except Dom. I can see 2 scenarios.

1) Jack had his Cerberus pals hit Dom. This is not a particularly likely scenario, but it's possible.
2) Cerberus hit Dom hoping to push the above theory today hoping that the lynch of JoH sticks.

How does mafia know Dom is dangerous?

You are bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Honestly, Realms people, I think the over-reliance on role checks and role reveals and role this and role that is telling on you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Fredwood's analysis was one of the best I've ever seen.
I know, right? Succinct.
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Why am I the obvious target?
Because your role claim makes you Anything-But-Cerberus-Aligned. If they don't assume you'll get lynched, then ya gots ta go for a Cerberus win, being a Hostile Indy, and someone who neither the Reapers or a Civ vig would elect to kill. Assuming you wisely play both sides as I have laid out multiple times.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Honestly, Realms people, I think the over-reliance on role checks and role reveals and role this and role that is telling on you.
How do you mean?
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Epignosis wrote:Mr. Nifty:

Why did you vote for me instead of Gfishfunk when he was your second most suspected person and then you voted Gfishfunk after I, your most suspected person, voted for him?

CaptainNifty wrote:

You are bad.
They know Dom is dangerous because he is obviously a good player. Kinda like cbob was dangerous. In addition Dom is especially dangerous to Jack's faction.

No, I'm not bad. But you are an asshole.
Epignosis wrote:Honestly, Realms people, I think the over-reliance on role checks and role reveals and role this and role that is telling on you.
You're the only one who has brought anything like this up this phase. Furthermore, this very criticism has been brought by Realms people in this thread. I would say, while the Realms may rely to heavily on role reveals and info dumps, the Syndicate people (you especially) seem to reject it out of hand.

I'm going to bed, so I'm done with this conversation for a few hours, but you won't have to worry about some of us Realms people being back. After this game, I'm not likely to come back to the Syndicate. While most people have been welcoming, and we've had some playstyle friction, your open hostility and outright rudeness to the people from my site is just offensive. Frankly, it's one of the reasons I hoped you were lynched yesterday, just because my enjoyment of the game would increase with you gone. Instead I voted for game scum instead of you.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

One more thing. Until there is a better target vote Jack
See I'm still voting for scum instead of the asshole neutral
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

CaptainNifty wrote:

Pretty sure going down this road is literally the definition of WiFOM

Well Jack can't kill Dom because it would draw attention to himself, so clearly it must Cerberus trying to frame him.
Well Jack knows that a kill on Dom will look like someone trying to frame him, so it's just the move Jack would do if he was scum
Well Jack can't kill Dom because we all know it would be a smart ploy to kill the obvious to provide cover cus we'll all be wise to it.
Well Jack comes from Australia and as we all know Australia is full of criminals so clearly Jack had to have killed Dom
Well Jack can't have killed Dom because clearly he studies, and he knows that Man is mortal so clearly we can't lynch him
Well Jack had to have killed Dom because knows that we know that knows that he knows...WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN THAT BE?

When all along Jack had slowly built up an immunity to Iacane all along just in case he was ever caught in a battle of wits with a Sicilian.

If we lynch Jack, the Dom kill isn't likely to be a determining factor for me, Dom's death could mean anything in regards to Jack. Much like Silver and the fauxgressiveness condundrum he currently finds himself in.

Is there any other reason to kill Dom if it wasn't to frame Jack, maybe an ISO is in order, but I don't recall Dom having a lot of interaction outside of Jack? If I'm mafia I think the play is to just stay away from that situation entirely Dom is one of the main reasons for Jack's heat, and even part of the cost/benefit value of lynching Jack. Removing one of his biggest detractors devalues the town's benefit for lynching him.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Outside of him being a strong player I mean.

If he is a strong player, he wasn't leading the town, removing a leader, mainly the Doctor means that Dom's voice is louder and a Jack lynch is more likely.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Long Con wrote:
How do you mean?
I think he means we rely more on mechanics as opposed to analysis because of how the meta developed. This was brought up in Phenom as well, but with half of us being represented here, how we get to the mechanical can be jarring, especially in the early game. I think our mechanical aptitude shouldn't be discounted though, without doing the math, and presenting a non-independently confirmed biased factual argument, but our town win rate is just as high as here I'd imagine.

To use Phenom as another example, the first few days were rather hectic with all the reads and counter reads and analysis of seemingly every thing anyone said, it felt akin to watching squirrel herders. However, after Night 2 or 3, the game played out and progressed pretty much like every other game on the Realms would.

Now you take the Realms approach of reliance on early random pressure, info dumps, and often no lynch during day pahses, and where the refusal to capitulate to random pressure with an info dump is often viewed as scum behavior and introduce it into an environment enmasse where it's not a proven method of playing, stuff happens. To me it was the most interesting thing about this game was seeing how the two meshed on a large scale. It's a shame how it's playing out for some with the feeling that the other side is attacking the way the otherside does things, especially once we get to the good part of the game mid-late game, the play is relatively similar and I've enjoyed playing at both places.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

The case on Nifty looks pretty strong. I think I'm most likely to vote for either him or Adam. Or Jack, Fred's right about the endless wifom/frame-up question wrt Dom and I could see it either way.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Long Con's narrative just makes no sense to me in general. From what I've seen him as scum, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he deflected his own teammates pressure of who they think is opposite Don, only to resume pressure later. It also wouldn't surprise me if he was a Reaper, knew Vega was a safe claim and then tried to pin Epi in a different way.
What about my "narrative" doesn't make sense to you?

The narrative that you are Cerberus.

So do you want to make sense of the Long Con is Cerberus narrative for me?
Actually, it's funny. I started out in Mafia on the now-defunct Lostpedia Forums. My original name there was Cerberus, but I got banned and came back as Long Con. :haha:
I miss these times.
And being alive. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

I could say the reverse about Syndicate folks. "So-and-so is exhibiting strong town behavior because of X, Y, and Z." All of that is subjective post analysis. I thought gfish was town because he was selling out pretty hard to get you lynched. That is fairly typical "town" behavior from him. It turned out to not be typical behavior from him.

The bottom line is there are many different ways to play. The chips fall where they may but saying one playstyle is inherently better than the other comes across as folly.

It sucks about Dom but again, one kill. To me, that says there is an info-based lead out there that is worth exploring.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

CaptainNifty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Mr. Nifty:

CaptainNifty wrote:

You are bad.
They know Dom is dangerous because he is obviously a good player. Kinda like cbob was dangerous. In addition Dom is especially dangerous to Jack's faction.

No, I'm not bad. But you are an asshole.
You're the only one who has brought anything like this up this phase. Furthermore, this very criticism has been brought by Realms people in this thread. I would say, while the Realms may rely to heavily on role reveals and info dumps, the Syndicate people (you especially) seem to reject it out of hand.

I'm going to bed, so I'm done with this conversation for a few hours, but you won't have to worry about some of us Realms people being back. After this game, I'm not likely to come back to the Syndicate. While most people have been welcoming, and we've had some playstyle friction, your open hostility and outright rudeness to the people from my site is just offensive. Frankly, it's one of the reasons I hoped you were lynched yesterday, just because my enjoyment of the game would increase with you gone. Instead I voted for game scum instead of you.
First, I never called anyone an "asshole," like you have to me twice now.

Second, I can mock the civilians all I want. It's my role. "Do you feel the fears swell inside that filthy bag of meat? What is like to be afraid? Why do you cling to such a pathetic existence? If you could only feel a spark of my glory. I despise my creations, for they have forced me to rely on a speck such as you." See?

Third, you claim you wanted me out because your enjoyment would increase with me gone. Yet you voted for me second before I had even begun to respond to gfishfunk's bullshit role block case against me. So what did I do or say before your vote that made you want me gone? When I said I didn't give a shit about your puny pressure votes, I wasn't being rude or joking or criticizing how anybody plays- I meant it. I was being truthful. "Filthy meatsacks!" Like I said, I knew what I was doing all along.

Fourth, my comment about relying on role claims and the like was not an insult, but rather an accusation and a playful acknowledgement of irony: When I was accused of being bad, I predicted there and then that role claiming would not advance the civilians due to all the available roles left to claim (and I of course knew I had a fake one to claim anyway, so I extrapolated that mafia would have fake ones as well). gfishfunk made this hostile advancement on me by first lying about a role block (golly, that sure isn't a very nice thing to do- lying about a role block to get a person lynched and removed from the game! But he's not an asshole...) and then led you and others from your site to get me lynched. The massive irony was that a role claim did result in a mafia lynch, but it was because the fake claim used was inconsistent to the civilian optimal use of that role. I wonder, therefore, who else may be caught in this or a similar trap. Again, irony, not insult.

Finally, I don't disrespect you Realms folk at all. On the contrary. For example: Lying about a role block in an open setup to get me lynched on Day 2? I normally keep this sort of commentary to myself until after everything is done, but I don't mind saying it now: I love those brass balls. I have immense respect for gfishfunk's ploy. It was conniving and risky and all that I admire about evilness. It simply didn't pan out, and that happens. Even without ever seeing him play as a civilian, I can already see that he is a skilled and enthusiastic civilian when he is one. :srsnod:

Nothing anyone says in the context of Mafia should be taken as a reflection of that person. In our last foray, I caught S~V~S as mafia, and she got pissy at me to the extent that I believed she was good and that was enough to secure her team's win. On the surface, that stings, but do I think she's a bad person for it? Not at all. She used what worked to accomplish what needed to be accomplished. She tricked me. That's all fair game. This is a game of emotional and logical manipulation.

So I accept any assessment that I am being arrogant or aggressive. But I am not an asshole.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Immortal_Raven wrote:
I could say the reverse about Syndicate folks. "So-and-so is exhibiting strong town behavior because of X, Y, and Z." All of that is subjective post analysis. I thought gfish was town because he was selling out pretty hard to get you lynched. That is fairly typical "town" behavior from him. It turned out to not be typical behavior from him.

The bottom line is there are many different ways to play. The chips fall where they may but saying one playstyle is inherently better than the other comes across as folly.

It sucks about Dom but again, one kill. To me, that says there is an info-based lead out there that is worth exploring.
See above.

Also, there was only one kill because there was only supposed to be one kill:
REAPERS (3 roles)
They kill on Nights 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12 (and so on with even-numbered nights)

CERBERUS (3 roles)
They kill on Nights 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13 (and so on with odd-numbered nights)
This was a Cerberus kill.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't want to sound like some hippy, but I am enjoying the positives of playstyle-meshing. This whole Epignosis-is-he-really-Geth?-thing never would have been possible without the claiming pressure. And yes, I still think he got nervous, despite the fact that he can never admit such a thing. I think he's unfamiliar with claiming-pressure, so he made a sly hint-claim as a going-halfway kind of thing.

From Epi's perspective, only some people were supposed to pick up on the claim. Syndicate-style hinting, where you drop little tidbits that you hope the Civs pick up on, and will defend you with a wink and nod in your direction... like, "I feel smart, I picked up your hint that others missed, you can count on me, Civ-brother, to keep it under wraps and defend you in the thread."

That's why he didn't just say "I am James Vega, get off my back." If he was actually executing some convoluted plan based on the lack of a kill on Night 1, then there's no reason for subtlety. Subtlety hinders the "plan", because the "plan" relies on people understanding that he is claiming James Vega, and the baddies that he presumes targeted him calling him out on the discrepancy.

And let's not forget that this plan also hinged on him publicly claiming an Indy-that-can-turn-bad role. That's one of the main flaws here. It's a deal-breaker. Being revealed as The Geth is not good for his survival, no matter how he tries to convince you he's not a Reaper.

Day 3, no Reapers dead. What are the chances, Wilgy, that he'll choose Reapers now? Maybe he'll wait, and we'll lynch a Reaper today, and he'll tuck tail and join the Alliance? What if we don't lynch a Reaper today?
DrWilgy wrote:This means Epi - Didn't use the full allotted time to see which side was winning...
Even by Wilgy's standards, Epi is a Reaper. And Wilgy is Epi's number one fan.

"(and I of course knew I had a fake one to claim anyway, so I extrapolated that mafia would have fake ones as well)"... Sure, you extrapolated it. Orrrr... you know it because you are it. :shrug: Good thing you made it clear to us HOW you think Mafia has safe-claim roles to use, or we might have thought YOU are Mafia! :grin:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

@LC, I'd say that it's 50/50

I'd think Epi would want to win with civs, as that is somewhat standard.

If we lynch a civ today he may choose otherwise.

Regardless he doesn't count for win condition and he has to hunt Cerberus regardless of faction. I see no reason to vote for Epi unless his vote could swing it for the reapers.

Epi doesn't even know who the reapers are inherently, so :shrug:

Also good morning. I'm hungover and busy today so idk how active I can be. I'd like to hit a Reaper today if possible.

JoH, why do you think Cerberus killed Dom?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:I'd think Epi would want to win with civs, as that is somewhat standard.

Ok...
Epignosis wrote:Right now my projections currently predict the civilians getting positively hosed.
This is a guy who is going to choose to win with the Civs? He says this after only two Civilians are dead. :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've added a proper write-up to the end-of-night post. I am sorry for the delay.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I'd think Epi would want to win with civs, as that is somewhat standard.

Ok...
Epignosis wrote:Right now my projections currently predict the civilians getting positively hosed.
This is a guy who is going to choose to win with the Civs? He says this after only two Civilians are dead. :shrug:
You think Epi will just choose the easiest option? You also think he's saying these things for his own health?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:

Ok...
You think Epi will just choose the easiest option?
I think Epi will choose the smartest option. I'd choose the Reapers.
You also think he's saying these things for his own health?
"For his own health", eh?

The way I read that expression is meaning "for no real reason at all", because obviously stuff said in Mafia has no real effect on a person's health. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So no, I don't think he said that for no reason at all, he said that to manipulate people into doing what he wants. EVEN IF he's pure of heart and only has an Alliance win on his mind, he's still saying that to manipulate people into doing what he wants. Surely you understand that.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@DrWilgy with Dom being killed and also pushing to kill JoH earlier, how do you think this reflects back at JoH?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sprityo wrote:@DrWilgy with Dom being killed and also pushing to kill JoH earlier, how do you think this reflects back at JoH?
Possibly, why do you ask?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:
sprityo wrote:@DrWilgy with Dom being killed and also pushing to kill JoH earlier, how do you think this reflects back at JoH?
Hmm... I misread this, I thought you said "do you think."

Not "how"

Indifference really. Dom was supatown.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What do you think on the Matter Sprit?
Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DrWilgy wrote:What do you think on the Matter Sprit?
I see it as a WIFOM sitation where either Cerberus killed Dom to reflect bad on JoH so we lynch JoH who is still an enigma, or JoH is Cerberus and wants us to believe as such.

Or maybe a third option and I'm speaking in hypotheticals again.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sprityo wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What do you think on the Matter Sprit?
I see it as a WIFOM sitation where either Cerberus killed Dom to reflect bad on JoH so we lynch JoH who is still an enigma, or JoH is Cerberus and wants us to believe as such.

Or maybe a third option and I'm speaking in hypotheticals again.
So what do you gain from your question?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quiet day today.I think Jack or Nifty will be lynched today. Fredwood's "My First ISO" case on Nifty makes me more likely to lean that way.

Of course, if anyone reasonable wants to vote Epi, that's cool too. I'm just going to rest my vote there in case someone was on vacation and doesn't get that I think he needs to go.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Apologies for the continued shit activity. It's been busy as fuck lately. I've hardly had time for anything.

I'll catch up in full sometime today I'm sure; I should have time.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I like that case on Nifty. He does look like he could be teamed with Gfish.
Won't have much time to play this evening, unfortunately it seems I have a social life. I should be free tomorrow though.
CaptainNifty wrote:They know Dom is dangerous because he is obviously a good player. Kinda like cbob was dangerous. In addition Dom is especially dangerous to Jack's faction.
And you know Jack is in a faction how? This reads like you're Cerb that has a cop check on Jack or something to that effect.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Apologies for the continued shit activity. It's been busy as fuck lately. I've hardly had time for anything.

I'll catch up in full sometime today I'm sure; I should have time.
Miss you MP. I chose you as my Civ on Day 1.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 1)

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok, so I'm thinking we send LC to kill Bob while I'll role block MP.
Hey!

Why didn't anyone comment on this? Wilgy tried to fakeslip and get me in trouble and no one even blinked an eye.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”