BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Re: [DAY 5] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ignoring my "within 1 vote of each other" rule, the people that voted both Vomp and Droopy seem to be in two distinct groups in terms of when they made their votes.

The Truth
BWT
Rabbit
FH

and

LT
Aces
Boats
Kate
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

Wow, shockingly my family all went to bed early and I found the time to read through the entire game (skimming some of the more repetitive "YOUR wrong, well YURE WRONGR" stuff).

First, the Droopy and Vomp lynches suck but I can see how they happened. Neither player felt very civvie as I read through. (No offense, guys)

Second, I feel like DH is desperate to get rabbit lynched, and the instant I saw him start to break out the calculus and shit, I thought "let me guess, this will end with rabbit being incriminated as being bad". And sure enough, there's rabbit in a circle. I don't particularly feel that DH is bad or anything, and I know he's got history with the bunny, but his constant digging at rabbit while constantly voting inh is odd, somehow.

But, I'll say that in one of DH's circles is the player who sticks out the most to me upon reread: boats. It feels like he is just posting enough to get by and seem like he's participating.

And finally, before I crash for the night, I'll say I notice that my predecessor's voting for rabbit has earned a few eyes. I can't speak for whatever her thoughts were on the game, especially since she didn't apparently post that much, but I personally wouldn't have voted for rabbit in that lynch. He seems like civ-rabbit to me. bad Rabbit gets way more cocky and overconfident. And besides, his poor Texans lost to my Patriots so we should cut him some slack anyway, I'm sure he's still upset. :haha:
My siggie.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

*Votes DH*
You can just call me...."The Best"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:Wow, shockingly my family all went to bed early and I found the time to read through the entire game (skimming some of the more repetitive "YOUR wrong, well YURE WRONGR" stuff).

First, the Droopy and Vomp lynches suck but I can see how they happened. Neither player felt very civvie as I read through. (No offense, guys)

Second, I feel like DH is desperate to get rabbit lynched, and the instant I saw him start to break out the calculus and shit, I thought "let me guess, this will end with rabbit being incriminated as being bad". And sure enough, there's rabbit in a circle. I don't particularly feel that DH is bad or anything, and I know he's got history with the bunny, but his constant digging at rabbit while constantly voting inh is odd, somehow.

But, I'll say that in one of DH's circles is the player who sticks out the most to me upon reread: boats. It feels like he is just posting enough to get by and seem like he's participating.

And finally, before I crash for the night, I'll say I notice that my predecessor's voting for rabbit has earned a few eyes. I can't speak for whatever her thoughts were on the game, especially since she didn't apparently post that much, but I personally wouldn't have voted for rabbit in that lynch. He seems like civ-rabbit to me. bad Rabbit gets way more cocky and overconfident. And besides, his poor Texans lost to my Patriots so we should cut him some slack anyway, I'm sure he's still upset. :haha:
I have to say that the person who most sticks out to me in the circles is Flyin High. TBH. Her error in the Day two poll of moving a voter (a low posting voter, only 17 today, most everyone after him, although not all, is dead, replaced or NP) square into the most suspicious position, followed a few days later by getting pretty defensive about being wishy washy (which i tend to view as bad FH)....well, I look forward to hearing what she has to say today. I plan to reread her tonight after work.

Boats has not said or done anything to get my eye, and I am kinda surprised to see him being called out. He has more posts than Aces; what is your opinion of him? Is he also blendy? With a history of lynching new-to-Mafia civs in this game, I would need more than "blendy" to lynch yet another new player. Is "blendy" the whole reason he sticks out to you?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I may already be replaced idk but I posted this on the other forums yesterday and wanted to add it here too.

I thought I could do this/needed this - I don't and can't right now. I will need a replacement. I am sorry to my host and other players if I have diminished or ruined the game in any way please forgive me.
;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:I am more interested in the night posts than the lynch votes, to be honest. I mean, wouldn't an experienced group of evil people deliberately NOT vote in unison?
This ^. I don't understand why we would presume that members of a team would vote all together. It seems like they would take great pains to vote apart from each other. I'll keep the data in mind as there may be something there with a few players but I don't see it dictating how I vote.

Interesting observations about FH. I'll re-read her today as well and I really need to find a way to completely get my arms around these roles to determine things like is there a baddie who survives multiple night kill attempts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Flyin' High »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:@Flying High I don't know where you gathered those vote results from, but I voted vompatti on day 3.
Thanks for the heads up! I actually recorded it wrong on my spreadsheet and didn't realize I'd made a mistake until you said anything. :)

@SVS--keeping track of all the votes is challenging and I am bound to make mistakes. I would never and have never intentionally "faked" a voting order because you can go back in the thread to double check me so that would be a pretty stupid thing to do on purpose! I am honestly shocked you're trying to accuse me of having malicious reasons behind making an honest mistake. :(

@Kate--Not sure why you want to know about my thoughts on why no secrets were revealed in the purple roles. Perhaps that wasn't an option last night... :ponder:

@DH and his analysis: Me voting within minutes of rabbit and BWT is pure coincidence and has nothing to do with me being teammates with either one of them. I'm all on my lonesome this game. I had been going relatively strong against Mr. Droopy all of Day 3 so my vote wasn't a half-assed throw away vote at the end like it seems you were implying.

I was also sick during the Vompatti lynch. He is someone that had been pinging me ever since his "voting rabbit for personal reasons" and I know I'm not alone in that. His complete lack of a defense is not something I associate with civvie behavior so I felt no qualms about voting for him in that lynch. I was surprised when he flipped civvie.

@SVS--I got defensive about Aces calling me wishy washy and saying that's a baddie behavior because I'm not bad and it's something I do all the time as a civvie (as I showed easily with 3 very quick examples). I really hate lynching civvies when I'm a civvie, and even worse when it's a player's first game (which it is in the case of Mr. Droopy). I felt pretty good about my case, but some of his posts did make me wonder.

I'm thinking multiple baddies are feeling threatened by my presence in this thread or I wouldn't have had two kill attempts against me back to back. My guess is one or both of the kills has to do with me winning the Ultimate Posting Challenge. And because I'm guessing someone will ask, I do know how I survived both times.

I have more people I want to read back through today (including Boats, rabbit, DP to name a few).
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Here are the corrected voting orders for all four lynches. This way there shouldn't be any confusion with the mistake I made on Day 2 and the mistake I made on Day 3. Please let me know if you see any further mistakes.

Day 1 Voting Order:
1. Leech (Leech) 1
2. Devin (Boomslang) 1
3. Roxy (Captain Bunny Killer) 1
4. Aces (Leech) 2
5. Benthayer (SVS) 1
6. Mr. Droopy (Boats) 1
7. chaindeath (Leech) 3
8. LoRab (Leech) 4
9. Boomslang (Leech) 5
10. Vompatti (Vompatti) 1
11. Captain Bunny Killer (Vompatti) 2
12. Kate (Leech) 6
13. SVS (Leech) 7
14. rabbit (Leech) 8
15. LittleTiger (Leech) 9
16. Epignosis (Boats) 2
17. reywaS (Leech) 10
18. DharmaHelper (insertnamehere) 1
19. DisgruntledPorcupine (Leech) 11
20. birdwithteeth (Boomslang) 2
21. bea (Leech) 12
22. The Truth (Vompatti) 3
23. Boats (Vompatti) 4
24. triceratops (DharmaHelper) 1
Didn't vote: axxon, DFaraday, crusty_mustard, Illyria, insertnamehere, jokreher

Day 2 Voting Order:
1. axxon (LoRab) 1
2. Epignosis (The Truth) 1
3. triceratops (SVS) 1
4. The Truth (SVS) 2
5. Vompatti (rabbit) 1
6. DH (rabbit) 2
7. jokreher (bea) 1
8. Aces (rabbit) 3
9. Kate (bea) 2
10. LT (bea) 3
11. SVS (bea) 4
12. LoRab (triceratops) 1
13. Illyria (chaindeath) 1
14. chaindeath (rabbit) 4
15. Mr. Droopy (rabbit) 5
16. insertnamehere (bea) 5
17. Flyin' High (bea) 6
18. DisgruntledPorcupine (bea) 7
19. Captain Bunny Killer (rabbit) 6
21. Boomslang (bea) 8
20. rabbit (bea) 9
Didn't vote: bea, Benthayer, birdwithteeth, boatsboatsboats, reywaS, and Roxy

Day 3 Voting Order:
1. Mr. Droopy (rabbit) 1
2. Captain Bunny Killer (rabbit) 2
3. insertnamehere (Mr. Droopy) 1
4. Vompatti (rabbit) 3
5. The Truth (Mr. Droopy) 2
6. birdwithteeth (Mr. Droopy) 3
7. triceratops (Vompatti) 1
8. rabbit (Mr. Droopy) 4
9. DharmaHelper (insertnamehere) 1
10. Flyin' High (Mr. Droopy) 5
11. Littletiger (Mr. Droopy) 6
12. AceofSpaces (Mr. Droopy) 7
13. BoatsBoatsBoats (Mr. Droopy) 8
14. Boomslang (Mr. Droopy) 9
15. reywaS (Vompatti) 2
16. Kate (Mr. Droopy) 10
17. SVS (Vompatti) 3
18. chaindeath (Mr. Droopy) 11
19. DisgruntledPorcupine (Vompatti) 4
20. Epignosis (Vompatti) 5
Didn't vote: Roxy, jokreher, Benthayer (note: Roxy and Benthayer have been replaced since then)

Day 4 Voting Order:
1. Epignosis (Vompatti) 1
2. LittleTiger (Vompatti) 2
3. BoatsBoatsBoats (Vompatti) 3
4. AceofSpaces (Vompatti) 4
5. SVS (Vompatti) 5
6. Kate (Vompatti) 6
7. Juliet (Vompatti) 7
8. Vompatti (Boats) 1
9. DisgruntledPorcupine (Vompatti) 8
10. DharmaHelper (insertnamehere) 1
11. reywaS (Vompatti) 9
12. The Truth (Vompatti) 10
13. rabbit (Vompatti) 11
14. Boomslange (insertnamehere) 2
15. triceratops (Vompatti) 12
16. Flyin' High (Vompatti) 13
17. birdwithteeth (Vompatti) 14
18. chaindeath (Vompatti) 15
19. Mr. Droopy (rabbit) 1
20. insertnamehere (DharmaHelper) 1
Didn't vote: Captain Bunny Killer, jokreher, Roxy (note: Roxy hadn't been replaced yet)
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@FH I wasn't implying anything.

@Everyone else, I was muy mad yesterday, I'm less mad today. But again, it is what it is. Try to help and all of a sudden depending on who you ask I'm either stupid "Better than this"(aka stupid) or implying a conspiracy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FTR I think LT planted that "you're better than this" stuff and the "oh you'll probably just make more of this than what's there" because she's a baddie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Thanks for replying FH.

BWT, what are your thoughts on the Red and Blue secrets being revealed but not the purple?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:@FH I wasn't implying anything.

@Everyone else, I was muy mad yesterday, I'm less mad today. But again, it is what it is. Try to help and all of a sudden depending on who you ask I'm either stupid "Better than this"(aka stupid) or implying a conspiracy.
I don't think you're stupid DH, and i think the only thing you're implying is that people voted together and that may be baddie behavior. The only thing I question is whether baddies would really vote together.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, SVS: I did not mean to trout slap you. I thought maybe i didn't understand what you were saying, but I did NOT mean for my comment to come off as a slap. I'm sorry if it did.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:*Votes DH*

You weren't kidding.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:*Votes DH*
Why did you vote for DH? You've been pretty focused on rabbit for so long that I didn't even realize you really voted for DH until I saw DH's post.

Should I write this in third person so you'll read it? :ponder:

FH wants to know why Mr. Droopy Cash chose to vote for DH so early in the day phase and with no discussion on the matter. FH hopes Mr. Droopy Cash comes back to explain his decision.
ImageImage

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Kate wrote:BWT, what are your thoughts on the Red and Blue secrets being revealed but not the purple?
Well I finished 3rd in the poker tournament, and my prize for it was the Red Book. Every night I'm allowed to decide if I wish to read from it. If I do, I either read at a slow (which is 1 chapter), medium (2 chapters), or fast (3 chapters) pace. The first night I used it (Night 3), apparently I read at a fast pace. Did I know it was going to reveal role secrets? Absolutely not. However, it seems like it could be useful. Not to mention in most of MP's games, he usually starts allowing for opportunities for secrets to be revealed. And we're far enough into the game that I'm not surprised it is happening.

As for why there is not purple, my original guess was that somebody on Ziltoid's team won a book and chose not to use or it got roleblocked and it prevented them from reading it. But if you go look at the roles right now, you will see that is not the case. ;)
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Kate wrote:BWT, what are your thoughts on the Red and Blue secrets being revealed but not the purple?
Well I finished 3rd in the poker tournament, and my prize for it was the Red Book. Every night I'm allowed to decide if I wish to read from it. If I do, I either read at a slow (which is 1 chapter), medium (2 chapters), or fast (3 chapters) pace. The first night I used it (Night 3), apparently I read at a fast pace. Did I know it was going to reveal role secrets? Absolutely not. However, it seems like it could be useful. Not to mention in most of MP's games, he usually starts allowing for opportunities for secrets to be revealed. And we're far enough into the game that I'm not surprised it is happening.

As for why there is not purple, my original guess was that somebody on Ziltoid's team won a book and chose not to use or it got roleblocked and it prevented them from reading it. But if you go look at the roles right now, you will see that is not the case. ;)
I got blue. :)

What color did you get FH?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I guess since we're announcing it I got green and purple. But I can only read from one a night.
ImageImage

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Spacedaisy »

Roxy wrote:I may already be replaced idk but I posted this on the other forums yesterday and wanted to add it here too.

I thought I could do this/needed this - I don't and can't right now. I will need a replacement. I am sorry to my host and other players if I have diminished or ruined the game in any way please forgive me.
You haven't ruined anything Rox, and we totally understand! Take care of yourself and I am sorry for your loss. Thinking of you...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@BWT: it was your prize for the poker tournament? Not the ultimate posting challenge?
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:I guess since we're announcing it I got green and purple. But I can only read from one a night.
You chose to read about civvie secrets instead of baddies'??
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

@FH: Nope. I won it from the poker tournament. I ended up finishing 3rd, so I was assuming the rest of the top 2 won another book. I guess I was wrong.

And yeah, if you had both green and purple, what was your reasoning for choosing green over purple? I at least figured the red book had something to do with the indy roles, so I'm sure you could have figured it out based on the book colors.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:@FH: Nope. I won it from the poker tournament. I ended up finishing 3rd, so I was assuming the rest of the top 2 won another book. I guess I was wrong.

And yeah, if you had both green and purple, what was your reasoning for choosing green over purple? I at least figured the red book had something to do with the indy roles, so I'm sure you could have figured it out based on the book colors.
I got the blue book from the posting contest.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@Kate & BWT: When I made the decision I stupidly had it in my head that green was Ziltoid's team--call if a brain fart if you want. So I picked green and when I got my PM from MP I saw that I'd learned a civvie role and I did a major facepalm. I realize you will likely not believe me, but it is what it is. Not like I could PM MP back and say, "Oh, I meant to say purple, silly me!" Also before you read into that more than you should, recall that Ziltoid tried to kill me two nights ago.

I think it's very odd that you and BWT want to openly talk about this because all it does is paint a huge target on our backs. Why would you want everyone to know about the books and who has which one and what reading them means?

Also, BWT, if you won the red book from the poker tournament, then what did you win for being third in the posting challenge since you're being so candid right now?

Also, I forgot to ask this earlier--the night post said rabbit got frozen, but he's still on the poll so I take that to mean he's not dead. But unless I'm being a complete ditz and missing it in the roles, I don't understand what being frozen means. :confused:
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:@Kate & BWT: When I made the decision I stupidly had it in my head that green was Ziltoid's team--call if a brain fart if you want. So I picked green and when I got my PM from MP I saw that I'd learned a civvie role and I did a major facepalm. I realize you will likely not believe me, but it is what it is. Not like I could PM MP back and say, "Oh, I meant to say purple, silly me!" Also before you read into that more than you should, recall that Ziltoid tried to kill me two nights ago.

I think it's very odd that you and BWT want to openly talk about this because all it does is paint a huge target on our backs. Why would you want everyone to know about the books and who has which one and what reading them means?

Also, BWT, if you won the red book from the poker tournament, then what did you win for being third in the posting challenge since you're being so candid right now?

Also, I forgot to ask this earlier--the night post said rabbit got frozen, but he's still on the poll so I take that to mean he's not dead. But unless I'm being a complete ditz and missing it in the roles, I don't understand what being frozen means. :confused:
Well, actually BWT said it so I figured wtf. I already gave mine away, so its not an issue, if I get killed it wont be lost.

Also, I don't trust any of the attempted kills since I think that on AT LEAST two nights the targets were switched. AT LEAST two. So there ya go.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ziltoid the Omniscient’s Army (5)
Ziltoid's team kills every odd night.
Ziltoid the Omniscient – The ultimate fourth-dimensional guitar hero searches all across the omniverse for the ultimate cup of coffee. Unsatisfied by what Earth has to offer, he decides instead to conquer the planet and take control of the entire omniverse. Benefits greatly if Captain Spectacular is lynched. (Secrets)

Commander Squizloid – Ziltoid’s right hand man and second in command. He absorbs every night action that Ziltoid is targeted with until death. His most important role is commanding the army’s back-up fleets. (Secrets)
So Ziltoid's target (me) couldn't have been switched meaning he definitely tried to kill me.

This can easily be cleared up by me reading from the purple book tonight (which I was already planning to do).
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Hmmm, I actually just read my attempted death post again. I thought it said Ziltoid specifically, not Ziltoid's army. So yeah, I guess it's not a sure as I thought it was that I was the intended target. I was totally expecting to be targeted for winning the contest so I wasn't surprised to see that I was. :ponder:
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

But yeah, Ziltoid's army cannot target me again tonight because of the no targeting rule. So I can read the purple book. And if they do kill me tonight, then I guess we'll know that I wasn't their intended target on Night 3 and you'll still know I'm not part of Ziltoid's army. So yeah...
ImageImage

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

@FH: I won a musician alignment check I could use for one night. So basically, I inherited Zappa's power for one night.

If it sounds like I'm accusing you of being a member of Ziltoid's team right now, that's not my intent. I'm sorry it came off that way. I was just curious as to what made you decide to go with green vs. purple is all.

It might mean I have an :eye: on you now, but it doesn't necessarily mean I think you're bad just because of this one action.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I really really don't understand why people are telling about their prizes. What am I missing?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Flyin' High wrote:But yeah, Ziltoid's army cannot target me again tonight because of the no double targeting rule. So I can read the purple book. And if they do kill me tonight, then I guess we'll know that I wasn't their intended target on Night 3 and you'll still know I'm not part of Ziltoid's army. So yeah...
EBWOP: left out a word

@BWT: I understand receiving an :eye: for the decision. And hopefully I will be able to clear that up tonight.

So far I've read back through Boats and INH. I agree that Boats posts mostly look like he's chiming in with the general consensus, but other than that, nothing on my initial read back of him stands out to me. Same with INH. On RM, INH got accused of being bad when he was civvie so many times that he won a special award for being most likely to make people think he was bad when he was good. My point in bringing that up is to say that he is someone I find notoriously hard to read.

DH may very well be onto something with INH--I should probably read through his posts in conjunction with everyone else's posts (so far today I've just been clicking on the in-topic link to see just that player's posts in order to read through more quickly).

I might just attempt a full thread reread, especially because I wasn't around for Day 0 or Day 1 and while I've read those, it might be good to start over with now that I'm getting used to all of the new people (new to me I mean).

Linki: I wasn't planning to be open about it, but since BWT and Kate discussed it, I didn't want to look like I had something to hide by refusing to talk about it. I still think it's odd that Kate and I won the same type of prize from the posting contest, but BWT apparently won a different prize and then won the book during the poker tournament. But I'm not sure why he'd lie about it either. :shrug:
ImageImage

chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by chaindeath »

Chaindeath has this to say, he would never eat a random mushroom. He would never stoop so low as to do drugs in space, though this would be a good comedy/sitcom/skit/thing. :zombie: He will come after whoever killed him....
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:

Boats has not said or done anything to get my eye, and I am kinda surprised to see him being called out. He has more posts than Aces; what is your opinion of him? Is he also blendy? With a history of lynching new-to-Mafia civs in this game, I would need more than "blendy" to lynch yet another new player. Is "blendy" the whole reason he sticks out to you?
I reread the thread very quickly and wasn't keeping notes or anything. But somehow, boats' posts stood out for me; the combination of infrequency and blendiness caught my eye. As for Aces, he posted so little i can't remember a single thing about him, but for sure he's quiet as hell. So I'm not saying boats is the only quit player or blendy, I couldn't absorb that much in a giant readthrough, but simply that boats' posts stood out.

I've got to read this stuff about books now to understand what's up with FH.
My siggie.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:But yeah, Ziltoid's army cannot target me again tonight because of the no double targeting rule. So I can read the purple book. And if they do kill me tonight, then I guess we'll know that I wasn't their intended target on Night 3 and you'll still know I'm not part of Ziltoid's army. So yeah...
EBWOP: left out a word

@BWT: I understand receiving an :eye: for the decision. And hopefully I will be able to clear that up tonight.

So far I've read back through Boats and INH. I agree that Boats posts mostly look like he's chiming in with the general consensus, but other than that, nothing on my initial read back of him stands out to me. Same with INH. On RM, INH got accused of being bad when he was civvie so many times that he won a special award for being most likely to make people think he was bad when he was good. My point in bringing that up is to say that he is someone I find notoriously hard to read.

DH may very well be onto something with INH--I should probably read through his posts in conjunction with everyone else's posts (so far today I've just been clicking on the in-topic link to see just that player's posts in order to read through more quickly).

I might just attempt a full thread reread, especially because I wasn't around for Day 0 or Day 1 and while I've read those, it might be good to start over with now that I'm getting used to all of the new people (new to me I mean).

Linki: I wasn't planning to be open about it, but since BWT and Kate discussed it, I didn't want to look like I had something to hide by refusing to talk about it. I still think it's odd that Kate and I won the same type of prize from the posting contest, but BWT apparently won a different prize and then won the book during the poker tournament. But I'm not sure why he'd lie about it either. :shrug:

So why is it that you keep surviving all these kill attempts? And who said you had to be the leader of that team?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ziltoid the Omniscient’s Army (5)
Ziltoid's team kills every odd night.
Ziltoid the Omniscient – The ultimate fourth-dimensional guitar hero searches all across the omniverse for the ultimate cup of coffee. Unsatisfied by what Earth has to offer, he decides instead to conquer the planet and take control of the entire omniverse. Benefits greatly if Captain Spectacular is lynched. (Secrets)

Commander Squizloid – Ziltoid’s right hand man and second in command. He absorbs every night action that Ziltoid is targeted with until death. His most important role is commanding the army’s back-up fleets. (Secrets)
So Ziltoid's target (me) couldn't have been switched meaning he definitely tried to kill me.

This can easily be cleared up by me reading from the purple book tonight (which I was already planning to do).
I don't think switching the targets would be considered a night action targeted at Ziltoid directly.

Reading the book tonight, as a reaction to being called out, doesn't exactly change what you didn't do last night. I know that's poorly worded, but I hope the point comes across anyway.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I keep surviving kill attempts because I'm lucky and awesome. Why don't you ask anyone else why they survived at night?

And I don't think I implied that anyone implied I'm the leader of that team? Not sure what you're talking about there. :confused:

@Kate: Wow you're hard to please with the book thing. So you're saying that the difference of one night and me reading the purple book tonight won't make any difference and that my decision last night has damned me as a baddie in your eyes? Seriously? Explain to me how reading the purple book Night 4 versus Night 5 makes any difference whatsoever.
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So FH got two books which could unlock role secrets, chose to read about civvie secrets instead of baddie ones, and says she simply made a mistake? that's possible, but I'm going to read back through her posts, I think, that's a pretty convenient mistake.

I don't know the rules of these books, would the owner have known that any secrets they read would be publicly revealed?
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Let me ask it this way--as a baddie, why on earth would I choose to reveal a civvie secret intentionally to the whole thread rather than keep that a secret for just my team to know? If I had wanted to keep secrets, I wouldn't have chosen to make the information public, but I did because I thought that was something that would benefit Zappa knowing about his own role.

I think you are getting tunnel-visioned on something and if you're really trying to look for baddies, you aren't going to find one by grilling me about my decision on a prize I won.

@Timmer: Yes, I was given the option of making the information I learned public or not. I chose to make it public.
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Also, to clarify, when given the option of books, I had no idea what they'd be about other than the colors of the books. I chose my two favorite colors out of the options given to me--green and purple. Then I made the connection that those are also the colors used for each alignment in the first page.

I'm not trying to hide anything.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

timmer wrote:So FH got two books which could unlock role secrets, chose to read about civvie secrets instead of baddie ones, and says she simply made a mistake? that's possible, but I'm going to read back through her posts, I think, that's a pretty convenient mistake.

I don't know the rules of these books, would the owner have known that any secrets they read would be publicly revealed?
Yes.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm confused.

FH comes clean about her decisions regarding the books as opposed to keeping her mouth shut and not even mentioning that she has a book. Seems a civvie decision to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm confused.

FH comes clean about her decisions regarding the books as opposed to keeping her mouth shut and not even mentioning that she has a book. Seems a civvie decision to me.
She had no choice but to come clean. I obviously already knew.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kate wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm confused.

She had no choice but to come clean. I obviously already knew.

You knew she had a book?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I was pretty damn sure. And, I was correct.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh duh, I see now that you called FH out on having books. OK then I change my mind..

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm.

A baddie FH choosing to read civvie secrets would make perfect sense, but why make them public? Better to keep them secret, I would think? So, make the Zappa secrets public as a way to dodge suspicion? Maybe FH guessed that the other books would go to prize winners etc. and it would come out that she had the civvie secret book?

If FH had kept the knowledge secret, I'd be inclined to call her a baddie on the spot. But choosing to make it public makes things hazy. I've got to think on it some.
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Actually, given that Zappa can switch allegiances, I can understand why she would choose to make such info public. Technically, it helps the civvie cause more to know that Zappa could turn on them (or be killed in the process) and turn traitor. I guess my main confusion was over her making the mistake of reading from the green book instead of the purple book.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Actually, given that Zappa can switch allegiances, I can understand why she would choose to make such info public. Technically, it helps the civvie cause more to know that Zappa could turn on them (or be killed in the process) and turn traitor. I guess my main confusion was over her making the mistake of reading from the green book instead of the purple book.
I think I'll believe her story for now. I think at this point in the game, I'll trust people, simply because not trusting people had led to all these civ lynches.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@Kate: Again, if you knew I had a book, or guessed (which makes sense, not arguing that) why do you not find it strange that BWT didn't win his book from the same contest as you and me? I'm not sure what it means, personally, I just find it odd.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:@Kate: Again, if you knew I had a book, or guessed (which makes sense, not arguing that) why do you not find it strange that BWT didn't win his book from the same contest as you and me? I'm not sure what it means, personally, I just find it odd.
I expected he did, but I don't think it makes him suspicious that he won it in a different way. That's more an eye at MP :eye: lol...
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Dom »

Flyin' High wrote:Also, to clarify, when given the option of books, I had no idea what they'd be about other than the colors of the books. I chose my two favorite colors out of the options given to me--green and purple. Then I made the connection that those are also the colors used for each alignment in the first page.

I'm not trying to hide anything.
Wait
So, you made the connection after you picked the books... but before you read?
timmer wrote:Hmm.

A baddie FH choosing to read civvie secrets would make perfect sense, but why make them public? Better to keep them secret, I would think? So, make the Zappa secrets public as a way to dodge suspicion? Maybe FH guessed that the other books would go to prize winners etc. and it would come out that she had the civvie secret book?

If FH had kept the knowledge secret, I'd be inclined to call her a baddie on the spot. But choosing to make it public makes things hazy. I've got to think on it some.
Seriously?
I don't think I'd reveal civvie secrets to the thread. Not a very civv thing to do. Although, maybe it isn't as damning because of what was revealed.
Still, I don't like this one bit, FH.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”