Moderator: Community Team

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia

Post by Boomslang »

Howdy, everybody! Been browsing and perusing leisurely. Things that jump out:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 am
Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 am Have you played with all the users in this game in the past previously that are here now?
:ponder:

Made, what is the purpose/meaning/point/idea/mission of this question?
Agreed with speedchuck's ponder. Driving discussion to the meta always seems like a cop-out for content generation.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 pm Most inclined to vote Sprityo for self preservation lolololol or Epi for picking on someone he may view as weak.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm @INH lol that's me when I'm about to win as a baddie. "Throw me the idol."
Why that many "ol" additions the first time? Possible tell that you were thinking too hard about that post, and baddies must generate content whole-cloth. Could be an indication of teamwork, again playing off meta.
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm I hope Timmer knows it's game on.

I'm currently mulling over a few people. Boomslang. Rico-omeletteaufromage. Dom. Sprityo. Jack. Why should I not vote you folks.
Because I'm a quiet, thoughtful individual with Night Vale's best interests at heart.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

That's not just an annoying rhetorical answer by the way. I looked down the list of names and found people who, in this game, I feel like I know least about... and you, because I'm not sure what I think of you yet. But I did like your response.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con could yet get my vote too, although I tend to start reading him well if I give him some time, which I'm always mindful of.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:22 pm Why Boomslang? Why Dom?
Why not?
Sorry. I thought you had a plan.

Dom looks good if he wasn't Dom. Hmm. The meaner Dom is the more town he is? My eye is on Dom but I won't vote him today as is. Likelihood of figuring him out later is too high.

I have trouble voting Boomslang day one cause we've never played together and he/she hasn't posted yet. Unlike Dom, I'm a nice townie.

Linki: Nevermind. Welcome to the party, BS.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pmThe meaner Dom is the more town he is?
That's an interesting perspective. I don't think I would say that... I see in Dom what I see in LC, there is more of a truthiness/earnestness to their town play that they have trouble replicating in tone when bad. What you think of as 'mean', I'd call 'genuine hunting'.

Having said that, this is a two team game, so genuine hunting isn't inherently town-leaning. Everyone should be doing it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What do you people think about my early assertion that Made is town? I said so on page one.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pmThe meaner Dom is the more town he is?
That's an interesting perspective. I don't think I would say that... I see in Dom what I see in LC, there is more of a truthiness/earnestness to their town play that they have trouble replicating in tone when bad. What you think of as 'mean', I'd call 'genuine hunting'.

Having said that, this is a two team game, so genuine hunting isn't inherently town-leaning. Everyone should be doing it.
Dom was pissy in ASOUE (twice) and a bulldog in a good way in ME.

Idk if I've seen bad Dom, though. He may just be more serious later on. Maybe I shouldn't be too confident in my ability to read him. Can't buy my own lies that he was more town than the other townies after me in ME. :p But he was more town than the town scummers who played along with him.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@Wilgy There aren't any posts right now that really ping me on way or the other. I have a slight scum read on DFaraday, but he hasn't posted today I have a town read on INH. People who refuse to answer questions are usually town. I don't have a read on you either way.

@elochin Your way works just fine. But in two weeks, I think it'd be nice to have an easily acceptable log. Maybe I'm just lazy.

If I had to vote for someone right now, I'd vote for Sprityo or Speed. But I want both of them to talk more. I'd also potentially vote for Made or Jack, but they wouldn't be my first choice.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think inh refusing to answer questions is inh. I have a tendency to read him as bad, but I don't think he actually changes style much one way or the other (from what I've seen).
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Eloh Why you?

Cause Speed's got you on the serious thing.

Plus, I think Speed is good. Also, OMGUS is unattractive.

It's a straw but at least it's a straw.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I had something snarky to say to Speedchuck but I lost connection and therefore my reply.

I'll get you next time :fist:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:09 pm My strategy for dealing with Epi is primarily to poke him with a stick until one of us dies or we both win. I haven't figured out his alignment using this strategy but I still tend to win and haven't come up with any better ideas.
This is the only way I've been able to read him. It generally takes too long to be worth it though.

@Eloh, you seem rather quick to pull the trigger this game. Why?
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm What do you people think about my early assertion that Made is town? I said so on page one.
It's irrelevant because at least one of you two are bad.

Golden
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm What do you people think about my early assertion that Made is town? I said so on page one.
I mean, that early self-vote combined with drawing attention from Epi would have been hella bold for a baddie. And if you were baddie, you could make that claim with accuracy :p

I still don't like his question, as pointed out by speedchuck. Also, Made said he'd give "capo reads" and has yet to deliver.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 am Epignosis, my favorite Mythical Creature, is looking pretty sketch-a-rino so far. His wit-ness-ness does give him an advantage in early game against most mytho doodads. Not comfortable with a vote there just yet. More details to follow, catching up. Sorry for low post count. Voting myself for now.
^That's what I mean by self-vote; realized he didn't actually cast it because unchangable votes. Derp.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think quoting the rules to make a joke while butchering them yourself is not a baddie thing to do.

Wilgy, that vote seems a bit self-defensive. I don't even suspect you (yet...)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm Margarita time!!!!??
Mmmm, margaritas. Truly the best mythical creatures.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I assume you said so and meant it because of the self vote. Syndicaters think self voting is pro town for some reason. I disagree.

I don't think you and Made are w/w and that is all.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh wait. My favorite creature is the tennis ball bird thing from Harry Potter in America.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 amOoh. Forgot about how the polls worked. (In case my language gets misconstrued again, forgot here means "I neglected to consider") Back on my home site we do the whole "vote in bold in-post" thing, so I typically play with a pretty trackable record and that influences how I play. Even here it would be easier to check in on the thread, look at votes, and have an idea where we stand, and if I recall correctly from Mass Effect, we would mark votes with orange so we would have that record. I assume that is more or less a standard thing.
I absolutely support a standardized and clear voting method. Something like *vote: nijuukyugou*. I'd even support centering it. The ideal would be for all hosts to agree to have a sitewide Syndicate default method, and there would be vote tags that make it happen. Until then, I'm on board with what I hope will be a group of likeminded individuals who agree to use a standardized method.
sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:52 pm"Is that a motherfucking JoJo reference?!"
:shrug: JoJo?
Boomslang wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:24 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 pm Most inclined to vote Sprityo for self preservation lolololol or Epi for picking on someone he may view as weak.
Why that many "ol" additions the first time? Possible tell that you were thinking too hard about that post, and baddies must generate content whole-cloth. Could be an indication of teamwork, again playing off meta.
"Mind Meld" I guess - I thought it looked like nervous laughter. :nicenod:
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:27 pm Long Con could yet get my vote too, although I tend to start reading him well if I give him some time, which I'm always mindful of.
I need more content, I think. I haven't fully gotten into this yet. Just caught up.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:57 pm I think quoting the rules to make a joke while butchering them yourself is not a baddie thing to do.

Wilgy, that vote seems a bit self-defensive. I don't even suspect you (yet...)
How so Golden? I know Made suspected me, but I also know that Made does things at an odd angle (similarly to other people I know) as long as I can see him doing things with that angle I have no problem.

You though. What are you doing this game Golden?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

Margaritas and Sangria.

Dios bendiga a México Doble.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 pm Margaritas and Sangria.

I don't speak German.
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pmYou though. What are you doing this game Golden?
What do you think I'm doing?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:43 pm Margaritas and Sangria.

I don't speak German.
Do you speak G-man?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 amOoh. Forgot about how the polls worked. (In case my language gets misconstrued again, forgot here means "I neglected to consider") Back on my home site we do the whole "vote in bold in-post" thing, so I typically play with a pretty trackable record and that influences how I play. Even here it would be easier to check in on the thread, look at votes, and have an idea where we stand, and if I recall correctly from Mass Effect, we would mark votes with orange so we would have that record. I assume that is more or less a standard thing.
I absolutely support a standardized and clear voting method. Something like *vote: nijuukyugou*. I'd even support centering it. The ideal would be for all hosts to agree to have a sitewide Syndicate default method, and there would be vote tags that make it happen. Until then, I'm on board with what I hope will be a group of likeminded individuals who agree to use a standardized method.
Mafia Universe has something like that. You use vote tags and the system automatically records your vote, and then it automatically says who got lynched at the deadline. The bells and whistles over there...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I look nervous to you, LC?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 pm @Wilgy There aren't any posts right now that really ping me on way or the other. I have a slight scum read on DFaraday, but he hasn't posted today I have a town read on INH. People who refuse to answer questions are usually town. I don't have a read on you either way.

@elochin Your way works just fine. But in two weeks, I think it'd be nice to have an easily acceptable log. Maybe I'm just lazy.

If I had to vote for someone right now, I'd vote for Sprityo or Speed. But I want both of them to talk more. I'd also potentially vote for Made or Jack, but they wouldn't be my first choice.
That's what your notes are for. They will say:
Day 1
Player so-and-so - suspects: person A, B, C - voted person B

But whatever... I'm done trying to help. It's quite simple. You can even use ye 'ol pencil and paper if you like.

@jack. Um...okay. cause we're not supposed to be serious about finding baddies? Uuhhhhh. And I dont know what omgus is, but that does sound pretty disgusting. Were you diagnosed recently?

@golden. Quick to pull the trigger? Doesn't day end in like two hours??? I had to help cook and clean the kitchen. I have a few moments now to catch up and then it will be dessert time because I'm the greatest mom ever and then I'll have to do bedtime routine. I can't lwave it to last minute or I might not make it.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I hate not having a poll to look at.

speedchuck (Elohcin)
Golden (Made)

Is this right so far?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm @golden. Quick to pull the trigger? Doesn't day end in like two hours???
Day ends at 10:28pm EST. Look at the broken poll.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm@golden. Quick to pull the trigger? Doesn't day end in like two hours??? I had to help cook and clean the kitchen. I have a few moments now to catch up and then it will be dessert time because I'm the greatest mom ever and then I'll have to do bedtime routine. I can't lwave it to last minute or I might not make it.
Misattribution. I don't know who said that but I don't think you pulled the trigger early. I don't think pulling it at the start of a day is early, pull it whenever you like. I'm going to have to pull it soon myself.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm I hate not having a poll to look at.

speedchuck (Elohcin)
Golden (Made)

Is this right so far?
Wilgy, not Made. Unless Made also voted for me and I missed it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, Wilgy said it, Eloh.

He also voted for me without any prior ping or discussion :hmm:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So it was.

speedchuck (Elohcin)
Golden (DrWilgy)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 pmYou though. What are you doing this game Golden?
What do you think that I think you are doing?

Also, how come you only responded to me in half? I asked two questions so I clearly deserve two questions back.
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 pm @Wilgy There aren't any posts right now that really ping me on way or the other. I have a slight scum read on DFaraday, but he hasn't posted today I have a town read on INH. People who refuse to answer questions are usually town. I don't have a read on you either way.

That's what your notes are for. They will say:
Day 1
Player so-and-so - suspects: person A, B, C - voted person B

But whatever... I'm done trying to help. It's quite simple. You can even use ye 'ol pencil and paper if you like.

@jack. Um...okay. cause we're not supposed to be serious about finding baddies? Uuhhhhh. And I dont know what omgus is, but that does sound pretty disgusting. Were you diagnosed recently?

@golden. Quick to pull the trigger? Doesn't day end in like two hours??? I had to help cook and clean the kitchen. I have a few moments now to catch up and then it will be dessert time because I'm the greatest mom ever and then I'll have to do bedtime routine. I can't lwave it to last minute or I might not make it.
I like this post better. Give you a pass for now. Keep up the content and I may learn to read you yet.

vote Sprityo for reasons, not for meta and not for a joke.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:31 pm I've so far had reverse pings from Made, LoRab and Tony. If no one ever looks suspicious I'll vote amongst the people who haven't given me reasons to get town pings from them. I'd give this a fancy name but I don't want to make anyone upset :feb:
I have found nothing to award anyone a good guy point for so far. What have you found to temporarily exonerate three people?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck (Elohcin)
Golden (DrWilgy)
sprityo (JackofHearts2005)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:53 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:45 pm
What do you think that I think you are doing?

Also, how come you only responded to me in half? I asked two questions so I clearly deserve two questions back.
I can't necessarily always deliver on what you deserve, I'm sorry to say.

I think I disproportionately suspect you early in games (possibly because whenever I don't, you're bad and win). I think you voting me potentially pushes towards removing a thorn in your side. Do you think this analysis is unfair?

(Boom - it's a second question! But now you asked me two more. I'll never keep up.)
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Hello all,
It's come to my attention that my initial reads may have been flawed. In order to rectify this, initially I intend to post a question to every user as an attemption to get more information, however my computer has maufuctioned! Instead of this, I will ask questions to people as they post. If anyone has any questions about my questions, they can be asked here and I will try to answer them in the order received.

Epi- what is your favorite adjective?
Eloh- what's your favorite color and what do you think the color says about you as a person?
Drwilgy- do you think it's more likely that I get you lynched or you get me lynched this game?
Nutella- what is the derivative of arctan(x+1)
Golden- where did I misplaced my keys? I can't seem to find them anywhere!

More questions to come!
Pov: you reading my takes
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:55 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:31 pm I've so far had reverse pings from Made, LoRab and Tony. If no one ever looks suspicious I'll vote amongst the people who haven't given me reasons to get town pings from them. I'd give this a fancy name but I don't want to make anyone upset :feb:
I have found nothing to award anyone a good guy point for so far. What have you found to temporarily exonerate three people?
Made quoted rules at you while failing to observe the one everyone else was observing... the most important one to that moment. He forayed into the rules with a certain intent, and that intent wasn't to be cautious or careful. I might not take this as town leaning for just anyone, but for Made it felt very town. I'd go so far as to say I award him more than one point for it.

LoRab's wording in response to the first accusation she was bad didn't just make me laugh, it also reminded me a lot of town LoRab. She tends to get heat for such turns of phrase incorrectly, and I've noticed this over time.

Tony, I just liked how he held his nerve with you. I thought your accusation was one that held situational, rather than universal, merit, and you were looking to test to see if it held merit in this case. I think Tony's explanation indicated a genuine mindset around how to make his own hunting easier for himself. Again, I don't want to overdo the credit I give for hunting given two mafia teams, but it gave me some minor good feels.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pmGolden- where did I misplaced my keys? I can't seem to find them anywhere!
Check the piano.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm Hello all,
It's come to my attention that my initial reads may have been flawed. In order to rectify this, initially I intend to post a question to every user as an attemption to get more information, however my computer has maufuctioned! Instead of this, I will ask questions to people as they post. If anyone has any questions about my questions, they can be asked here and I will try to answer them in the order received.

Eloh- what's your favorite color and what do you think the color says about you as a person?
Drwilgy- do you think it's more likely that I get you lynched or you get me lynched this game?

More questions to come!
1/((x + 1)^2 + 1), according to Wolfram Alpha. Hope that helps.

Hi Golden. Are you supatown?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 pmHi Golden. Are you supatown?
What do you think?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Did you know that gölden means "from the lake" in Turkish? Are you a lake monster?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm Epi- what is your favorite adjective?
No.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm I look nervous to you, LC?
The line I referenced looks like textbook nervousness... it's not a general thing with all your posts or anything, but come on - you read that line and tell me I'm wrong. :srsnod:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 pm Did you know that gölden means "from the lake" in Turkish? Are you a lake monster?
I don't know Night Vale well enough to rule it out.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:14 pm
Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm Epi- what is your favorite adjective?
No.
That's an adverb, cretin!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I SEE MARMOT!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Made wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:06 pm Hello all,

More questions to come!
Based on our history you will definitely get me lynchedbefore I get you lynched. Why do you think I'm going to try to lynch you though Made?
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:47 pm@golden. Quick to pull the trigger? Doesn't day end in like two hours??? I had to help cook and clean the kitchen. I have a few moments now to catch up and then it will be dessert time because I'm the greatest mom ever and then I'll have to do bedtime routine. I can't lwave it to last minute or I might not make it.
That was me Eloh. I made that comment in relation to your meta (or at least what I think of it). I have never thought you to be the type to go into heavy game discussion so early.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”