Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Ricochet »

I am good at reading: Dom, LC, Nut, Speed
Good job on LC, who I should have voted for. New rainbow coming up.

StrexCorp (3)
Politicians (3)
The Man in the Tan Jacket

Long Con - :suspish:
Long Con
I could vote for LC. I've only got an hour left and then I'm not going to be around consistently for end day.
Reading over an ISO of LC, IMO, points to potential alignment with Dom. That one reason I am a little more okay with voting those two than my other scumreads.

First, LC because I was reading about him most recently. I don't see how anyone can think him as bad quite yet. His posts have been either half-hearted and sober or nonsense and drunken.
Currently outside of the conversation, all i see is having to choose dom or golden. Rico is being, whatever, hex claiming. Perhaps if he provided an understandable reason to vote INH i would accept. and speedchuck voting LC is a gut thing.
Alright i think i see what youre getting at, Golden, and i can see why speedchuck would agree with you on voting LC, even though you already voted dom for, pressure was it? or it was just a gut read that you are okay with but still think LC is a better lynch?
Having watched LC as mafia from Phenon, i can apply what golden said about: "But LCs tunnels are usually well reasoned - even if the theories are out there, they fit with a thoughtful analysis of the facts. This is completely lacking here... " and can agree with it.
I want to give dom a chance to restart during the night phase, so im inclined to Vote LC
StrexCorp (3)
Politicians (3)

Arrrgh, just got caught up. Seems like the majority of this thread is a pissing match between Golden and Dom, with genuine frustration on both sides. My gut sees it as civ on civ, and I don't have the time or the sobriety to dig deeper than that now.

The most interesting actual case has been Epi's on TSP. Odd vote timing, unexplained vote placement, backpedaling and willingness to throw votes around without true commitment today. Suggesting a Marcus-unveiling strategy that no one would seriously consider. I don't like it. Will likely throw my vote there, especially given Jack's lack of activity today.
I don't get the feels for INH. Other than the weak Made vote, which can be attributed to Day 1 uncertainty, he seems rather innocuous. That last post was reasonable and a (rare) relevant reference to the meta.

I'm going to go ahead and vote TonyStarkPrime. I like Epi's early case and want to see how he responds to the pressure.

I am also not enthusiastic about speedchuck's vote for Long Con, followed up by someone he apparently suspects. I am hoping to hear more from speedchuck before I vote.
I need to reread LC and Dom and see what I'm thinking there.
LC, on the other hand, I can definitely see as bad. I can get behind an LC vote.
For the moment, I'm holding off on my vote. If I'm in a position to be able to save someone who isn't bad, I'll vote in a direction to save them (assuming it isn't a matter of 2 people I think aren't bad). All things being equal, I'd like to vote for LC.
Vote: Long Con
Ack. I hate tie breaking.
StrexCorp (3)
Politicians (3)
I have a town read on INH. People who refuse to answer questions are usually town.
OrangeYellow: Golden, INH, JOH, LongCon
LC just feels off to me. I can't point to anything, and his interactions look fine on paper.
Okay. I'm feeling a little better about Golden and
willing to believe that Golden and Dom could maybe both be town. I keep getting paranoid about Speed and LC (sorry JOH), both of whom have good interactions but intuitively I don't feel good about. I feel worse about LC and his interactions are worse, but Speed being on it and Golden endorsing it makes me want to vote for one of my other scum reads instead. So for Epi (and others) to maybe think I'm Marcus a little less: today's I will vote for DF, LC, or maybe INH, barring someone says something really stupid.
Sorry, walking on a beach with iffy internet.

InsertNameHere

Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden Golden
Eloquently details why LC is bad.
Ignores my requests for why I am bad for over two days.
Continually floats me as a vote contender.
Wonders why Dom is suspicious of him.
Nice recipe.
(It's because that's bullshit. He knows I can get votes to die today and LC can't. LC is tomorrow's target)
I am okay with an INH lynch.
I have my issues with LC's behavior, yes.
I think Epi might be on to something with Tony's vote, especially given that the vote yesterday was pretty spread out and Marcus could have been narrowed down to only a handful of players had he voted one of the top candidates.
Tony (because Marcus)
Lorab (I don't necessarily think she's bad, but none of her posts have made me feel more civ about her)
LC, on the other hand, definitely looks sketchy now that I did a quick ISO.
The whole thing feels like LC is bending over backwards to continue justifying his Golden suspicion. With that in mind, and given that I don't see the case on INH (and I'm even more convinced that Dom is civ after the recent kerfuffle), I will go ahead and

vote LC
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

I need a Ricochet decoder ring.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

Work is crazy today. Promise, I will catch up and post everything I think before night is out.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Day 2 vote/LC analysis:

Day 2 opens 8:56pm

***Jack votes Golden @ ~9:00pm (begging for attention)

***Golden votes Dom @ 2:07 pm (this vote makes me thing Golden is town but the reasons are a special Jack reads Golden secret)

LC agreed w/Dom on Golden lie detect avoidance (this would later get him lynched). Promises to make Golden realize he is a civ later. Agreed with Epi's (weak) theory that Tony is Marcus.

LC comes back drunk. Says he hates Poppy, prefers Rico smilies. Says Wigly/Made who lynch who thing is not a w/w move (though Made is already dead). Talks about clearing people of being Marcus, including Tony of possible. Says 95% Golden not on the killing team N1. Gtth, Golden and Tony are his top baddie reads.

LC wants clarification on Poppy = INH baddie.

LC points out kitty cat hole in Tony's find Marcus plan.

Golden says LC (and Dom) keeps looking worse and worse.

Speed says LC (and Dom and maybe Tony) are his top suspects. Maybe INH and maybe Sprit but let's talk about Sprit before voting him.

LC snaps at Golden over lie detect backlash.

Golden doubles down on bad LC. Wilgy suggests lynching INH and scumreads Golden w/o further comment.

Golden makes "playing the ball" attack on LC. Speed rejects Wigly's analysis.

***Speed votes LC @3:32pm. Great look.

Tony says he likes Golden more and LC and Speed less.

Epi makes some points against Speed for lots of lynches he doesn't want and lack of progression. Throws shade @Tony. Tony parries and counters.

Rico throws much shade at Golden, INH.

***Rico votes INH @5:53pm. Hate this vote. (It isn't late, though. Poll out of order or Jack misread.)

Sprit poops on the whole Golden vs Dom thing and says neither should be lynched. Asks Golden explain suspicion of LC over Dom. Good look.

Dom gives up with slight shade on Timmer, Eloh, INH.

Lorab says Golden good, LC bad.

Epi with the nonsensical someone else's meta arguement against Golden. I'm sure he'd say he's too good a player for this to be a defense of LC.

***Eloh votes Dom @ 7:28pm

***Sprityo votes LC @ 7:30pm

More later.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

The only thing I got out of Rico's "analysis" I guess you could call it is that he thinks I bussed LC yesterday. I think? He quotes all my day 2 posts and then the strexcorp

Yknow it's a lot easier to convey thoughts with grammatically correct sentences :grin:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

sprityo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 pm The only thing I got out of Rico's "analysis" I guess you could call it is that he thinks I bussed LC yesterday. I think? He quotes all my day 2 posts and then the strexcorp

Yknow it's a lot easier to convey thoughts with grammatically correct sentences :grin:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:18 pm ***Rico votes INH @5:53pm. Hate this vote. (It isn't late, though. Poll out of order or Jack misread.)
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Well done on LC, everyone! Or at least speedchuck, LoRab, sprityo, and INH :P
sprityo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 pm The only thing I got out of Rico's "analysis" I guess you could call it is that he thinks I bussed LC yesterday. I think? He quotes all my day 2 posts and then the strexcorp

That last analysis makes me feel loads better about Rico. It's like reading Egyptian hieroglyphics, but it makes sense to me. Probably because he points out an odd inconsistency in TSP's view of INH. Which looks particularly bad given INH's role in the LC lynch.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

More on the intern relay and other news after the weather:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 am
Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 am
Golden wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 am Was it the self vote, or the way others reacted to it, that determined those lynches?
It was giving up. SVS stopped trying to get a mafia member lynched and MP stopped trying at all. The mafia was able to take advantage and push a mislynch on MP.
Now, I never want townies to give up. This game can get emotionally taxing but as a townie it's great if we can fight through it as well as possible.

But, to my perspective, giving up is a different thing to self-voting or asking people to vote for you. I asked people to vote for me today. I did it because I wanted to see if they actually would, and because I felt the way they reacted to that could be telling. It did lead me to treat Dom and LC very differently and end up pushing in the opposite direction to where I began.
Indeed.

I took your call for votes as a game of chicken to feel out your accusers, not a belief that your death would help the town. That is entirely different from throwing in the towel/flipping the table.

@Lorab

"Teeth" is in regards to the argument, not your ability. Your wrongness is on game theory and me. If you suspected LC and said as much, that was in one ear and out the other, likely due to style (since I'm town reading you). Do you like to tilt at windmills?

Linki haha INH
So, you're town reading me, but you don't pay attention to my suspicions? Although, since I do suspect you, I actually get that. But yes, I reread LC yesterday, I read him as bad (tone read mostly), and I said as much, a few times before voting. I would have voted earlier (I voted about 10 minutes before EOD), but I wanted to save my vote in case I needed to protect someone I believed to be civ, but that I wanted to vote LC if all things were equal.

Also: I am not wrong on game theory, I just have a different philosophy about mafia than you do, perhaps because of a different mafia background. Nearly my entire mafia history is in games that are exactly like this. With every role being a power role, not finding out roles for night kills, etc. We think about mafia differently. That doesn't mean that either of us is wrong.

And I can be quixotic, yes.
Ricochet wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:38 am Image
I can't figure out what that one means. Is it like the blob head side eye? Stronger than a shrug, but not quite a wolf?

I'm not Man in the Tan Jacket Holding a Deerskin Suitcase. I agree with you that Golden could be.

I can't decide if that role is threatening or not.

And I can't believe you have me actually reading your posts and trying to understand you. *shakes fist*

No, I think he's saying that you're not Strex. And no idea if you're man in the tan jacket.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Votes w/ 90 min to go:

Golden - Jack
Dom - Golden, Eloh
LC - Speed, Sprit

Epi says he doesn't like the Speed vote on LC and wants Speed to explain before he votes...even though Speed won't be back before EOD. Asks "Who do we lynch today if Dom, Golden, LC were all dead." Sidestepping the LC train much? But doesn't want to vote (or even address) Dom either. Agreed INH is behind the curse (lolwut).

Golden asks Epi if those three players are still alive (as they are), will he vote INH? Epi says yes and talks about suspecting Tony less. No weigh in on LC or Dom.

Slam says Tony case is interesting, DomGolden civ/civ. Lorab reiterates desire to vote LC.

Dom okay with INH lynch. Golden: What about LC? Dom: I don't trust you. (But Dom! There are two scum groups!) Golden: But what about LC?

Epi: Golden, what about INH? Golden: Townie

INH: Dom > Golden blah blah blah. Rates Golden, then LC as best candidates w/votes

Slam: I'm going to follow Epi's case on Tony that Epi backed off of.

***Slam votes Tony @8:34pm

22 min to go

***Epi votes INH @8:48pm

***Lorab votes LC @8:52pm

***Tony votes INH @8:54pm (out of left field)

***Dom tries to vote Golden but fails.

***INH votes LC past the deadline

Most likely LC teammates from most to least: Epi, Tony, Dom, Rico, Slam. This does not take Marcus super vote into account.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

So Jack is sold that LC's team tried to save him, even though he didn't vote to save himself.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm So Jack is sold that LC's team tried to save him, even though he didn't vote to save himself.
LC wasn't around. This doesn't necessarily apply to his teammates.

Just like other people being quiet in BTCC lately doesn't necessarily apply to Golden.

Bad logic, baddie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm So Jack is sold that LC's team tried to save him, even though he didn't vote to save himself.

Just like other people being quiet in BTCC lately doesn't necessarily apply to Golden.

Bad logic, baddie.
It's not bad logic. It's a different perspective. You don't do well with those.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

A tie vote of 2 on teammate and 2 on another player and lots of suspicion all around with 90 min to go?

Then 4 votes hit elsewhere in that last 90 min?

You're damn right I think someone was trying to save LC.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm A tie vote of 2 on teammate and 2 on another player and lots of suspicion all around with 90 min to go?

If INH had been lynched, and was shown to be mafia, you would think the votes on LC were a save attempt.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Bad logic, baddie.
Luckily, I can tell bad perspectives I disagree with (Epi) from good ones I disagree with (Lorab).

Please explain how LC not voting to save himself means his team didn't.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Bad logic, baddie.
Luckily, I can tell bad perspectives I disagree with (Epi) from good ones I disagree with (Lorab).

I don't need to explain it. You are assuming LC's team tried to save him. I am not making that assumption.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm A tie vote of 2 on teammate and 2 on another player and lots of suspicion all around with 90 min to go?

If INH had been lynched, and was shown to be mafia, you would think the votes on LC were a save attempt.
Not really. The case on LC was much stronger.

Speed and LC voted early. Golden and Lorab said LC was bad before INH was even a real option. INH votes self preservation.

There were no votes to save INH.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Bad logic, baddie.

I don't need to explain it. You are assuming LC's team tried to save him. I am not making that assumption.
I explained why the votes were saves.

You are arguing they weren't with no reasoning.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Not really. The case on LC was much stronger.
I don't agree.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 pm Speed and LC voted early. Golden and Lorab said LC was bad before INH was even a real option. INH votes self preservation.

There were no votes to save INH.
Where did LC vote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Speed and Sprityo* voted early.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Bad logic, baddie.

I think you are wrong. All LC's team had to do to give him a chance (or save him outright) was to vote for Dom, who trailed LC by one vote.

That was not an attempt to save him.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

K.

Why didn't you want to vote for LC, Epi?

You don't think Golden's "playing the ball" arguement held more water than "You know, I bet INH would give a Poppy curse"?

Why do you think Tony voted INH, considering he's barely played with the guy?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

EBWOP

At 90 min to go, INH had 1 vote less than Dom and much less sympathy.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:57 pm Votes w/ 90 min to go:

Golden - Jack
Dom - Golden, Eloh
LC - Speed, Sprit
INH - Rico

Epi says he doesn't like the Speed vote on LC and wants Speed to explain before he votes...even though Speed won't be back before EOD. Asks "Who do we lynch today if Dom, Golden, LC were all dead." Sidestepping the LC train much? But doesn't want to vote (or even address) Dom either. Agreed INH is behind the curse (lolwut).

Golden asks Epi if those three players are still alive (as they are), will he vote INH? Epi says yes and talks about suspecting Tony less. No weigh in on LC or Dom.

Slam says Tony case is interesting, DomGolden civ/civ. Lorab reiterates desire to vote LC.

Dom okay with INH lynch. Golden: What about LC? Dom: I don't trust you. (But Dom! There are two scum groups!) Golden: But what about LC?

Epi: Golden, what about INH? Golden: Townie

INH: Dom > Golden blah blah blah. Rates Golden, then LC as best candidates w/votes

Slam: I'm going to follow Epi's case on Tony that Epi backed off of.

***Slam votes Tony @8:34pm

22 min to go

***Epi votes INH @8:48pm

***Lorab votes LC @8:52pm

***Tony votes INH @8:54pm (out of left field)

***Dom tries to vote Golden but fails.

***INH votes LC past the deadline

Most likely LC teammates from most to least: Epi, Tony, Dom, Rico, Slam. This does not take Marcus super vote into account.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:16 pm K.

You don't think Golden's "playing the ball" arguement held more water than "You know, I bet INH would give a Poppy curse"?

I didn't want to vote for LC because I didn't have much of an opinion on him.

I don't understand Golden's "playing the ball" argument. I also don't care for someone voting and then trying to get other people to vote somewhere else.

I don't know why Tony voted INH. You could ask him.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm

I don't understand Golden's "playing the ball" argument. I also don't care for someone voting and then trying to get other people to vote somewhere else.

"Oh gee golly. This stuff is just too hard for me to figure out."

"I've never seen Golden vote early and regret it except ASOUE."

"Oh gee golly. This stuff is just too hard for me to figure out."

Why aren't you hunting, Epi?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 2]

You don't get this, Epi?
Golden wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm Here's why I think LC is bad.

Bad LC forgets to play the ball. He gets driven into arguments that look good in semantics, but actually betray a lack of full thought. In this case, the ball is 'golden is avoiding LD statements'.

What is the first thing a person might do if they genuinely thought another player was avoiding LD statements? I would iso that player to see if it's accurate. I'd actually go look at how many LD statements they've made. I invite anyone to do that now.

You will see that my post history is full of 100% ironclad LD statements. My guess is that most of them amount to someone saying 'golden is bad' and me replying by saying 'you're wrong'. Because anyone who says I am bad is wrong. But I'm sure I've also given any number of other things that amount to 'I am civilian' or 'I am not bad'.

Instead, LC decides to fixate on the one statement I made that I knew could have the same effect even if all of those other statements were not allowed. He ignores the fact that I said 'I've made plenty' before making that one. He doesn't check to see if that's correct. He just fixates on the new ones I'm trying to think of that might enable me to beat any particular rule that could be in place. He wants to hang me because 'I don't know what rule might be in place', but if I actually were bad, don't you think I'd have asked what rule was in place?

I give him one that ought to be tailored right to his wheelhouse. LC has seen me in action both as a teammate and host. He knows that I do not bail on taking part of a team for any phase unless I really have to. What's his comeback? He agrees that I wouldn't fail to take part if I could, but I might have been too busy. A person who has a real suspicion, and was playing the ball, would go and look to see if that made sense in context, not just throw it out as a hypothetical. In fact, looking at the thread, it is very clear that I was entirely here and could have taken part.

LC is playing me, the player, he isn't actually looking to see whether I'm making LD statements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw, I'd also like to point out, in terms of 'towniness meter', that while I've thrown out reads on nearly everyone in the game without problem (and been happy to adapt those reads), this has been generally criticised by the same people who see me as bad. In the mean time, I think a quick iso of Dom and LC would show you a distinct lack of reads. They are getting by, mostly focusing on me.

Dom and LC, want to prove you aren't bad? Start engaging with more than your cases on me.

At this point, if I had my vote back, I'd probably lean a vote on LC before Dom. Dom tunnels do happen from town Dom, and I can see how me voting him could get under his skin in a way. But LCs tunnels are usually well reasoned - even if the theories are out there, they fit with a thoughtful analysis of the facts. This is completely lacking here... he isn't taking a step back to consider what I'm saying, it's just discredit discredit discredit. This is my experience of bad LC. I remember another game... Bullets over Broadway maybe? Where the same thing happened.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No, I didn't.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jack has a dismissive tone whenever he talks or asks about INH, as though the INH voters were taken in by flawed reasoning. That's a subtle defense of INH, and the sudden urgency to lynch the INH voters reeks of an agenda.

I believe INH and Jack are teammates.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:32 pm No, I didn't.
Didn't or don't?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Nijuu

Can I say if my vote is or isn't stolen?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm
Didn't or don't?
Am I supposed to read it again or am I supposed to "hunt?" :suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm Jack has a dismissive tone whenever he talks or asks about INH, as though the INH voters were taken in by flawed reasoning. That's a subtle defense of INH, and the sudden urgency to lynch the INH voters reeks of an agenda.

And your desire to save the non LC voters just makes you more LC's buddy. :nicenod:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm
Didn't or don't?
Am I supposed to read it again or am I supposed to "hunt?" :suspish:
Bad at multitasking, scumbo?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm Jack has a dismissive tone whenever he talks or asks about INH, as though the INH voters were taken in by flawed reasoning. That's a subtle defense of INH, and the sudden urgency to lynch the INH voters reeks of an agenda.

And your desire to save the non LC voters just makes you more LC's buddy. :nicenod:
Save the non-LC voters? There's fifteen of them.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Save the non-LC voters? There's fifteen of them.
You pretend to not understand people better than anyone I know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why didn't I vote Dom, Jack?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:00 pm Why didn't I vote Dom, Jack?
Idk. You'll have to ask Epi.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I figured it would make me look less like Marcus and I thought they were both about the same level of scumminess.

It didnt work.

New pairings:

Strex Maf:
LC / (Epi or INH) / (Dom or DF)
And I feel like Elochin is in there but I can't figure out how.

INH and Dom probably aren't paired because then I feel we would have seen a half way serious lynch attempt on someone else.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epi asked about my wildly fluctuating reads on D1. Answer: It was D1.

Sheesh. Dom, Golden cares about scumhunting and not about defending himself. He's having fun. Spending a bunch of time on defense isn't fun and usually make the player useless or makes them look worse. I know it's frustrating. Pls try to have fun.
Golden, if you are going to stick with the hands-off approach, stop telling him that. It's keeping the conversation going, adding nothing, and cluttering up my reread. Seriously.

Sorry you don't like my LC vote Epi. Just can't do right by you this game. :P
(Granted, being right was a little bit of luck. I wasn't that sure of myself.)

I agree that silencing is a bad mechanic. Along with alignment changing and lynchproofs. Lynchproofs are the worst.

Rico earning a lot of brownie points from me with his detailed read list

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:13 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Bad logic, baddie.

I think you are wrong. All LC's team had to do to give him a chance (or save him outright) was to vote for Dom, who trailed LC by one vote.

That was not an attempt to save him.
Wouldn't this just be an argument for Dom possibly being LC's teammate?

Throwing that out there.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm

I figured it would make me look less like Marcus and I thought they were both about the same level of scumminess.

It didnt work.

New pairings:

Strex Maf:

INH and Dom probably aren't paired because then I feel we would have seen a half way serious lynch attempt on someone else.
Why do you think INH is likely LC's teammate? The start of any suspicion on him was that he was the Faceless Old Woman (or on that team)--that's the Politicians, not Strex. Can you explain why you put him with LC?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Strongest Townreads RN: Golden, LoRab, Eloh

Feeling good about Sprit as of late too
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm @Nijuu

You may, indeed, claim your vote is forced/stolen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:36 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:10 pm

It didnt work.

New pairings:

Strex Maf:

Why do you think INH is likely LC's teammate? The start of any suspicion on him was that he was the Faceless Old Woman (or on that team)--that's the Politicians, not Strex. Can you explain why you put him with LC?
Because I'm on mobile and too lazy to go back and check the front page / my memory to see which powers are on which team. And because I'm still lazy, just replace INH with Elo and I'll look at it more. Maybe Rico?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Lauren Mallard
A member of StrexCorp management, Lauren briefly takes over as management of Night Vale Community Radio. She uses her access to community records to role check on 2 occasions *Secrets*

As a reminder of who we lynched. Here is the Faceless old woman:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home
She’s always there, just out of your sight. The Faceless Old Woman insanifies a player each night in the manner of her choosing.

Damnit I hit send on accident instead of pasting *facepalm*
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

The former was strex and the latter is the politicians
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nijuukyugou wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm @Nijuu

You may, indeed, claim your vote is forced/stolen.
I was forced to vote Golden yesterday.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”