Posts in topic: 377

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:58 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm Quin thinks his name off poll because Pamela. :hmmm:
Not anymore I don't.
My note is around the fact that you ever did in the first place.
Did you think I was Pamela?
I was hoping for evidence that you could be, rather than evidence you weren't.
I'm not Pamela.
yo
i lowkey thought you were...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

If Pamela is alive, it would be good to make yourself known tomorrow by taking someone off the poll.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

tru

idk who to vote for

rico, inh, tony, jack
who should i vote for and why
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jack, I really want to understand - why should I buy your defences of rico? The only reason he is less likely a politician than inh and sprit is surely because he says so? It seems like the argument is 'because rico says inh and sprit are politician, this is more likely than rico being politician'. I have trouble with the logic here and I want you to explain it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Why is sprit bad?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Quin »

Within speedchuck's 5, I'd feel comfortable arguing against a Jack lynch. In my mind he's at least cleared from whichever team Eloh was on.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 pmWhy is sprit bad?
I forgot my interaction with sprityo last night. I got a semblance of a town read there too.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 pm Within speedchuck's 5, I'd feel comfortable arguing against a Jack lynch. In my mind he's at least cleared from whichever team Eloh was on.
What has caused you to flop from 'jack could be on elos team' to 'jack is not on elos team'?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 pm Within speedchuck's 5, I'd feel comfortable arguing against a Jack lynch. In my mind he's at least cleared from whichever team Eloh was on.
What has caused you to flop from 'jack could be on elos team' to 'jack is not on elos team'?
My most recent post on it:
Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 pm Interesting change of pace for me to only have town reads at an EoD. I'm not voting Wilgy, Tony or Dom. The Wilgy/Tony thing reads town, and Tony really put himself out there with all his cryptic posts if it was a gambit. Dom just feels genuine, and is more thorough in comparison to my perception of his scum game.

I've currently ruled out Jack and Epi from at least one scum team. I think Jack's mistake in thinking Eloh flipped bad was an honest mistake, because a teammate would know ahead of time. For him to know and still make the mistake intentionally for the attention is tinfoil. At this time, it doesn't seem likely Epi would self-silence. So just for the sake of probability, I'm unlikely to vote either of them.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Truth be told, here is my biggest dilemma...

I think Jack is more likely to be bad than rico
I think sprit is more likely to be bad than INH

But it looks like the choice is going to be between rico and inh.

linki @Quin - that's a decent point re Jack. Why would you slip if you knew your teammate would flip civ?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm Truth be told, here is my biggest dilemma...

linki @Quin - that's a decent point re Jack. Why would you slip if you knew your teammate would flip civ?
I...
actually agree on both points.

I still think Epi is the most sus, but I'll follow you on a Jack or sprit lynch. I'd lean sprit there.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Post will be late tonight - we're staying with friends out of town and will be out for a bit, but rest assured, a post will come!

This post brought to you by Pizza Hut - devour your own empty heart.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Lost track of time today. Don't think Rico or INH is bad. Don't think I can get support for a TSP lynch at this point, even though I think his secrets are likely to be bad. So voting Jack, whom I remember distrusting earlier.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm Truth be told, here is my biggest dilemma...

I...

I still think Epi is the most sus, but I'll follow you on a Jack or sprit lynch. I'd lean sprit there.
To clarify, I'd still be fine with an INH lynch, I think his death reveals more about others. But he seems a little more townie than sprit and sprit could reasonably be on both teams.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Boomslang wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 pm Lost track of time today. Don't think Rico or INH is bad. Don't think I can get support for a TSP lynch at this point, even though I think his secrets are likely to be bad. So voting Jack, whom I remember distrusting earlier.
Welcome back.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

Can you reconcile a scum Jack flip with Townie rico?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 pm

I...

To clarify, I'd still be fine with an INH lynch, I think his death reveals more about others. But he seems a little more townie than sprit and sprit could reasonably be on both teams.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:55 pm Coincidentally, how do people feel about sprityo and INH?
General consensus:
INH is probably mafia.
Spirtyo probably isn't.
:confused:

Does the general consensus not include you?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think 'fine' described how I feel about an inh lynch too. I feel sorry for him, I understand why it's a shit position for him, but his death would bring info. But I'm not enthused by the prospect.

I lean sprit over jack but I've been trying to get some content out of jack that makes me feel good but he's all off in his complete own other world in terms of where his head is at, and I can't see eye to eye with him easily.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:06 pm Jack, I really want to understand - why should I buy your defences of rico? The only reason he is less likely a politician than inh and sprit is surely because he says so? It seems like the argument is 'because rico says inh and sprit are politician, this is more likely than rico being politician'. I have trouble with the logic here and I want you to explain it.
Rico's primary contribution has been "INH is bad" and INH's primary contribution has been "Wie is me. Stop trying to lynch me. Rico's secondary contribution has been the LC vote analysis. INH's secondary contribution has been to say non posters are least suspicious.

So I'm a vacuum, I trust Rico over INH. Stupid fake post restriction doesn't change that, though I think it IS an anti town strategy.

So at that point, Golden and Sprityo float the idea that Rico is the bad one and INH is good. Okay but wtf do you think INH is the good one? This looks like a politician ploy to lynch the guy who won't defend himself properly, complete with an "angry" Sprityo vote like "whoops no takebacksies." So I'm super convinced I need to be on Rico's side and I'll strong arm some people to keep a fellow townie from being lynched.

But since Eloh was a politician, it means that if INH is a politician, he has no buddies so this isn't a politician ploy. If INH is Strex, It didn't show much in the poll where LC got lynched. Plus Golden is definitely not Strex and I wanna say I have reason to believe Sprityo isn't, either. (Will double check.)

So now I'm back to Rico and INH in a vacuum. I still prefer an INH lynch but I'm not as certain Rico is the good one.

Like 60-35 instead of 80-20.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

EBWOP 60-40

Math is hard.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:06 pm Jack, I really want to understand - why should I buy your defences of rico? The only reason he is less likely a politician than inh and sprit is surely because he says so? It seems like the argument is 'because rico says inh and sprit are politician, this is more likely than rico being politician'. I have trouble with the logic here and I want you to explain it.
Rico's primary contribution has been "INH is bad" and INH's primary contribution has been "Wie is me. Stop trying to lynch me. Rico's secondary contribution has been the LC vote analysis. INH's secondary contribution has been to say non posters are least suspicious.

So I'm a vacuum, I trust Rico over INH. Stupid fake post restriction doesn't change that, though I think it IS an anti town strategy.

So at that point, Golden and Sprityo float the idea that Rico is the bad one and INH is good. Okay but wtf do you think INH is the good one? This looks like a politician ploy to lynch the guy who won't defend himself properly, complete with an "angry" Sprityo vote like "whoops no takebacksies." So I'm super convinced I need to be on Rico's side and I'll strong arm some people to keep a fellow townie from being lynched.

But since Eloh was a politician, it means that if INH is a politician, he has no buddies so this isn't a politician ploy. If INH is Strex, It didn't show much in the poll where LC got lynched. Plus Golden is definitely not Strex and I wanna say I have reason to believe Sprityo isn't, either. (Will double check.)

So now I'm back to Rico and INH in a vacuum. I still prefer an INH lynch but I'm not as certain Rico is the good one.

What is the remaining 5?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

linki'd
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Can you reconcile a scum Jack flip with Townie rico?
Sure. Jack is Strex, thinks Rico is genuine about his politician reads, agrees with them. Opposing an eventual rico lynch or supporting an inh lynch could both get jack some credit if he's right.

Or, Jack is politician, knows rico is wrong, knows rico will take more heat than jack would for lynching an innocent inh.

I don't see Jack/Rico as w/w on the same team, at least. It would be very bold of Jack to so vehemently oppose rico's lynch in those circumstances.

I still find the regularity of targeting Jack to be rather inexplicable, all things considered.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 pm

I...

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:55 pm Coincidentally, how do people feel about sprityo and INH?
General consensus:
INH is probably mafia.
Spirtyo probably isn't.
:confused:

Does the general consensus not include you?
General consensus changes fast when no one has any idea what's going on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Boomslang wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 pm Lost track of time today. Don't think Rico or INH is bad. Don't think I can get support for a TSP lynch at this point, even though I think his secrets are likely to be bad. So voting Jack, whom I remember distrusting earlier.
:suspish:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

srsly?

do i need to repost my old posts so you can read them?

because this is how you get me to flood the thread with reposts of myself.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jack, you of all people should have absolute certainty that I am not a politician. You say you can read me, you think the most like me, yet you still won't acknowledge the truth of the fact that I would not allow my team to force you to vote for me when I was already under the pump. This probably bothers me the most about you, because I expect you should strongly believe I'm not in on a politician ploy.

I don't agree with your characterisation of INH. He has made rainbow lists, he has expressly explained aspects of it whenever asked. He does talk a lot about why Rico's case against him is incorrect, but why wouldn't he? Rico accuses him of being responsible for the curse, epi picks it up, and neither have given an objective reason why it's more likely to be inh than anyone else, a point INH has made several times but that seems to be just ignored. To say inh's secondary contribution is 'non posters are least suspicious' is to ignore a tonne of his content, and whats more it mischaracterises what he said about low posters, which was "I can't read people for town tells, so they end up least suspicious to me by default", in essence.

The reason I floated the idea that rico is bad is - what possible evidence is there that he isn't a politician? He is hiding behind a gimmick in a way that prevents him having to explain himself. All he is doing is saying what he thinks, not why he thinks it, and it leaves us utterly unable to analyse his motives, removing the primary way in which we can judge him to be good or bad.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 pm I still find the regularity of targeting Jack to be rather inexplicable, all things considered.
Oh, yeah, there is that. Mh.

I'll knock him off of my list. I'm between

INH
Boomslang
Sprit

I want Jack around a little longer, and Rico... I wouldn't oppose a lynch there, but I also don't reeeallly think Rico is scum. It's iffy.

linki: Do agree with INH though. He has had other contributions, and people are weirded out by them because he doesn't read townies.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm tru

idk who to vote for

rico, inh, tony, jack
hello
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Much rather would have Rico die than INH
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:26 pm I still find the regularity of targeting Jack to be rather inexplicable, all things considered.
Oh, yeah, there is that. Mh.

I'll knock him off of my list. I'm between

INH
Boomslang
Sprit

I want Jack around a little longer, and Rico... I wouldn't oppose a lynch there, but I also don't reeeallly think Rico is scum. It's iffy.

linki: Do agree with INH though. He has had other contributions, and people are weirded out by them because he doesn't read townies.
That wasn't me saying I'm not into voting him. I still have Jack firmly in my sights as a possible. I don't think it's easily explicable even if Jack IS good.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm tru

idk who to vote for

rico, inh, tony, jack
hello
Not INH or Tony. Might can get more info on Tony by tomorrow.

Now it's a coin flip. :)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Crap. I'm going to seem inconsistent because of a typo.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bleh. Whatever.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Golden

I'm silencing myself when I love to heard myself talk or I'm giving my team minus two votes by burning a vote steal on myself?

Who am I teamed with? You, Quin and Speed have been the only ones taking my side for most of the game and I'm suddenly on you and Speed's shortlist.

You're tunneling. Take a step back.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'd say that my "primary contribution" was, for better or worse, the Elochin lynch.

Secondary contribution: Stopping the curse based hysteria, and preventing the mafia from directly dictating who we lynch.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Boomslang

I need to clear my head. It's pounding. See you after the lynch.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm Why Rico over Wilgy?
Great question. First off, he's relentlessly pushed a narrative that I cursed him, which I know to be false, and doesn't really make sense anyway.

He's called pretty much every single person who has suspected him mafia, including both you and Golden. There doesn't seem to be a clear way in which the people he suspects actually fit into teams, so it seems like a pretty transparent NO U sitch. Also, unlike Wilgy, people actually pay attention to Rico.

And there's also the matter of him antagonizing people outright. If you're the type to lynch someone due to annoyance, there you go.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm @Golden

I'm silencing myself when I love to heard myself talk or I'm giving my team minus two votes by burning a vote steal on myself?

Who am I teamed with? You, Quin and Speed have been the only ones taking my side for most of the game and I'm suddenly on you and Speed's shortlist.

I'm far from tunnelling. I'm working out my vote, and I'm getting you to engage with me. Don't ask me who you're teamed with as though that is convincing, for all I know it's LC and timmer, I don't find the concept persuasive. I have no way to know whether you are being honest about the silencing thing - it rings true, but its wifom.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Is there an actual case on Boomslang somewhere?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm Is there an actual case on Boomslang somewhere?
The case is only his relative absence.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't love how split the voting is getting.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm I don't love how split the voting is getting.
And I still need to vote :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Jack, you of all people should have absolute certainty that I am not a politician. You say you can read me, you think the most like me, yet you still won't acknowledge the truth of the fact that I would not allow my team to force you to vote for me when I was already under the pump. This probably bothers me the most about you, because I expect you should strongly believe I'm not in on a politician ploy.

I don't agree with your characterisation of INH. He has made rainbow lists, he has expressly explained aspects of it whenever asked. He does talk a lot about why Rico's case against him is incorrect, but why wouldn't he? Rico accuses him of being responsible for the curse, epi picks it up, and neither have given an objective reason why it's more likely to be inh than anyone else, a point INH has made several times but that seems to be just ignored. To say inh's secondary contribution is 'non posters are least suspicious' is to ignore a tonne of his content, and whats more it mischaracterises what he said about low posters, which was "I can't read people for town tells, so they end up least suspicious to me by default", in essence.

The reason I floated the idea that rico is bad is - what possible evidence is there that he isn't a politician? He is hiding behind a gimmick in a way that prevents him having to explain himself. All he is doing is saying what he thinks, not why he thinks it, and it leaves us utterly unable to analyse his motives, removing the primary way in which we can judge him to be good or bad.
Yet here you are saying I'm silencing myself or stealing my own vote.

That's crap on the INH list. His top townies were basic non participants (at the time) because they hadn't said anything suspicious yet. That's not remotely helpful.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm Is there an actual case on Boomslang somewhere?
No.

Nor is there a case for him being town. Not in my estimation, anyway.

It's a chancy lynch, and it won't give as much info as other lynches. But I'm more confident in it than I am in Jack or Sprit.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:40 pm I don't love how split the voting is getting.
Isn't the conventional logic that the more split the vote, the more likely to catch a baddie, due to them being psyched out and not able to control the narrative?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pmThat's crap on the INH list. His top townies were basic non participants (at the time) because they hadn't said anything suspicious yet. That's not remotely helpful.
This amounts to 'I find INH suspicious because I don't agree with/understand his style'

A method that has seen me lynch inh when he is town one too many times already.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm
The case is only his relative absence.
But he's voted every day, which looks a lot more scummy for 16-odd posts.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm @Golden

I'm far from tunnelling. I'm working out my vote, and I'm getting you to engage with me. Don't ask me who you're teamed with as though that is convincing, for all I know it's LC and timmer, I don't find the concept persuasive. I have no way to know whether you are being honest about the silencing thing - it rings true, but its wifom.
I've singlehandedly gotten most of the Realms to drop the silencer role by bitching about how being silenced isn't fun.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 pm
Isn't the conventional logic that the more split the vote, the more likely to catch a baddie, due to them being psyched out and not able to control the narrative?
Err, not in my mind. In my mind, it's easier for the baddies to control the vote not being one of their own when there's enough options that they aren't all their teammates.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”