50%

Total votes: 16
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm So then is your reasoning for not necessarily having all the facts correct that it stirs the pot regardless and the end justifies the means? @Sloonei
I'll never have all the facts about a game that I'm playing in, and the best that we can do is make the most of what is observable to us. The more that is observable, the stronger our foundation will be, so I like to make people talk. I like to think that I'm an avid pot stirrer, and my means are in the interest of solving the game, so I certainly feel justified in prodding people.
How do you feel about my vote being on you right now?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:12 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 pm trusting people without factual backup is unnatural. it's an aberration. mafia play with facts from the start so it's easier

let's put LC's case aside for a sec, why Cbob? why Mesk?
I didn't say I trusted them.

I already talked about colonialbob and Mesk.
So you don't think they're good necessarily... you just said you didn't think you'd vote for them.

In that post you did imply you trusted Mesk at least a little bit more because she hadn't apparently read the roles, do you have anything to add to that?
Correct.

As I said, Mesk's response to being big or little looked guileless, as though she didn't get a PM saying anything about little mountains. It's a point in her favor- that's all.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:19 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm So then is your reasoning for not necessarily having all the facts correct that it stirs the pot regardless and the end justifies the means? Sloonei
I'll never have all the facts about a game that I'm playing in, and the best that we can do is make the most of what is observable to us. The more that is observable, the stronger our foundation will be, so I like to make people talk. I like to think that I'm an avid pot stirrer, and my means are in the interest of solving the game, so I certainly feel justified in prodding people.
How do you feel about my vote being on you right now?
You had access to more facts about the pirate game than anyone did, is the thing, depending on how closely you followed the game. Still I respect your answer.

I'm.... Honestly not bothered by it. I get early votes in a lot of games I'm in, and it usually leads to me not getting night killed and having more time to figure out who the mafia is.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
whether or not I got lynch is irrelevant, the relevant part is that you should remember how that game went.

name one thing that i made happen during the first day of the pirates game. I asked questions about dogs and I think I cobbled together a read list at some point because I had 3 hours without anything better to do, bcus it was a small game filled with players I'd never met.

My most active decision was maintaining a tied vote on MP late in the day phase
I don't want to discuss another game any further in this thread. I just want you to continue sharing the thoughts that you have about this game.
Kinda unfair to say you suspect someone because of a difference in Game A and Game B, then say you don't want to discuss Game A anymore, no?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?

And the Rocket Man lyrics response is equally devoid of value. So Epi would have spared his vote for any player who acknowledged his Elton John joke. Why? It doesn't even plant a seed that could grow into a suspicion, it doesn't put anyone on the spot, the only effect is to make cbob slightly more comfortable.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Mm. I thought I had a valid point but it got skipped over in Epi's catch up. I've realised my error but I already did the hyperlink and everything, so a response would be nice.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
Wait a minute.

How does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?

And the Rocket Man lyrics response is equally devoid of value. So Epi would have spared his vote for any player who acknowledged his Elton John joke. Why? It doesn't even plant a seed that could grow into a suspicion, it doesn't put anyone on the spot, the only effect is to make cbob slightly more comfortable.
It wouldn't be the first time I've seen people earn a free pass for nothing. Disagree with that?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?

So cut and dry, what does this tie back to? What are you trying to say?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I just want to submit as a data point that the new Pokémon game released 3 days ago and according to the in game time log I've played it for almost 35 hours, so that may be an explanation for my being less active
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:53 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 am He's buddying them, and then intimidating you out of an adversarial position. He's setting up a long game. That's not what Civ Epignosis cares to do.
This again, about what a "civilian Epignosis" cares to do. You really should write a book about me, since you're such an expert.

Saying I won't vote someone Day 1 for catching my Elton John reference is not "setting up a long game."

Finding a reason to believe Mesk is civilian and in the next hour reevaluating that reason is, again, not "setting up a long game."

Intimidating Sloonei (if that's what you want to call it, since I don't believe Sloonei can be intimidated in Mafia, and even if he could, what would I have to gain by intimidating him if I could just kill him Night 1?) is not "setting up a long game."

You are implying that "setting up a long game" is something I, as mafia, would do on Day 1. That is mistaken. The fact is I don't bother with long term planning Day 1 when I am bad. It's antithetical to success in most cases, because to be good at being bad, one must be flexible and able to dance. And I am a fine dancer. :dance:
Where are you reevaluating your Mesk read here, Epi?
Mesk514 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:18 pm
Mesk514 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm is a civilian good here? I'm pretty sure someone told me a civilian is scum... I am good, fear me!
Who told you a civilian is "scum?"

And even if someone did, why would you believe it?
i think this is something someone said in a discord chat when i first joined, or one of the nubs who played in my game off site said something about it before this game started

i don't know if i believe it, hence why i am asking...
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?
No.

LC explicitly called cb, Mesk, and Sloonei civilians. There was no consideration given that I could be "buddying" a teammate, as JoH suggested (however the hell one does that).

He also has taken anything I have said or done and says I am "setting up a long game" even though I have never before in my four years of playing Mafia done that Day 1. Instead of considering angles in which my words and actions indicate a civilian, he presses on with his unfounded, circular nonsense.

There is no strawman fallacy or hyperbole, and even if there is, so what?
I'm going to explain a thing you're pretending to not understand one time out of the goodness of my heart. I won't continue to do so because it is tiring.

LC posts that you are bad and you are buddying Bob and Mesk. The implication is that since scum doesn't buddy teammates, if LC is correct in his suspicions, Bob and Mesk would by definition be town.

LC is not claiming to have figured out Mesk or Bob's alignments outside of this, which is obvious.

I am not claiming that scum buddying a teammate is a thing, which is also obvious.

No more straw men. Townies don't gain anything from willfully pretending not to understand accusations.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I think jack answered my question, thanks jack
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

okay this has turned into nonsensical arguments that are getting us nowhere. remind me to never again sign up for a game with both Epi and LC because it just always turns into this and we never make progress
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:49 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm It's 4:54 in futureland, folks.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pmA.M.
That's almost an alpine start!
Would appreciate ISO links, since they're hard to do manually from my phone!

(Day 1 ISOs, what have I become)
ISO links have been added. Thanks for the reminder.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm okay this has turned into nonsensical arguments that are getting us nowhere. remind me to never again sign up for a game with both Epi and LC because it just always turns into this and we never make progress
Nutella, does this mean you think LC v Epi is a goose chase?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm okay this has turned into nonsensical arguments that are getting us nowhere. remind me to never again sign up for a game with both Epi and LC because it just always turns into this and we never make progress
Gth reads on LC and Epi?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jinx! You owe me a coke, Kyle.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am I'm with Sloonei (and LC, wow, what a surprise, it's el clásico again and everything is predictable and nothing hurts)
Are you more inclined toward my hesitance or LC's confidence?
The former, I guess. Mostly I agree with the sentiments you've expressed about why Quin's reasoning is fine for day 1, and probably enough to join Quin and LC in an epi vote if I don't get anything better for a day 1 reason
What is Quin's reasoning?

Here is everything Quin has said about me:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:36 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
what does this sentence mean?

do you want other people to tell you why you are going to vote for mr gnosis?
i'd like that very much thank you
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Can you provide proof of this?

idk but this is a perfect opportunity to reaffirm that I'm a better mafia than Epignosis.
I didn't challenge Sloonei's response to my question, so I can understand anyone assuming that my thoughts were the same as his.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Let's make some progress. What do you think about Sloonei?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:36 am Quin/Sloonei not w/w imo.
y
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Marmot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:47 pm

my hero <3
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:52 pm but you didn't get lynched. I saw you making things happen. I don't see that here yet.
whether or not I got lynch is irrelevant, the relevant part is that you should remember how that game went.

name one thing that i made happen during the first day of the pirates game. I asked questions about dogs and I think I cobbled together a read list at some point because I had 3 hours without anything better to do, bcus it was a small game filled with players I'd never met.

My most active decision was maintaining a tied vote on MP late in the day phase
I don't want to discuss another game any further in this thread. I just want you to continue sharing the thoughts that you have about this game.
Kinda unfair to say you suspect someone because of a difference in Game A and Game B, then say you don't want to discuss Game A anymore, no?
My point about Pirates wasn't meant to be central to what I had to say about kyle. I just wanted to note that he was hanging back more in this game than in that one. We started to veer into discussion of his play specific to that game, and I don't think that's relevant or constructive here.

I mostly like his answers to my interrogation so far. He seems composed and eager to work toward a solution. I still don't know enough about his gameplay to say that that's a definitive town-tell and I still would like to hear more diverse thoughts from him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 pm

my hero <3
I spent many years on the mountain in preparation for this day.

ISO links don't ISO themselves you know.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Marmot wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 pm

my hero <3
I spent many years on the mountain in preparation for this day.

ISO links don't ISO themselves you know.
Marmot in the Mountains seems like one hell of a National Geographic segment.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?
No.

LC explicitly called cb, Mesk, and Sloonei civilians. There was no consideration given that I could be "buddying" a teammate, as JoH suggested (however the hell one does that).

He also has taken anything I have said or done and says I am "setting up a long game" even though I have never before in my four years of playing Mafia done that Day 1. Instead of considering angles in which my words and actions indicate a civilian, he presses on with his unfounded, circular nonsense.

I'm going to explain a thing you're pretending to not understand one time out of the goodness of my heart. I won't continue to do so because it is tiring.

LC posts that you are bad and you are buddying Bob and Mesk. The implication is that since scum doesn't buddy teammates, if LC is correct in his suspicions, Bob and Mesk would by definition be town.

LC is not claiming to have figured out Mesk or Bob's alignments outside of this, which is obvious.

I am not claiming that scum buddying a teammate is a thing, which is also obvious.

No more straw men. Townies don't gain anything from willfully pretending not to understand accusations.
Nope, sorry, but I'm sure LC appreciates you helping him out with the explanation. ;)

Regardless of who "buddies" whom, the argument is entirely circular.

Furthermore, he called Sloonei a civilian in the same post, as he said I was intimidating a civilian. You believe LC identified three civilians Day 1 based solely on "empty filler" (his word) directed at two of them and that I was intimidating a third one?

If you believe that, I've got a mountain to sell you in Rhode Island.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 am And now, the game is really afoothill!

*crickets*
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.
How's the fence treating you?

*vote sloons*
We need an eye rolling emoji that I can post here.
Posts that appear to say something while not actually saying anything? To borrow the words of somebody else:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 amThat's a good enough reason for Day 1 because I will accept any reason on Day 1.
Do you intend to keep your vote on me?
What an odd question.

I will answer it by saying I subscribe to the maxim "Vote early, vote often."
I'm gonna put a vote on colonialbob because he never told me why this was an odd question.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pmHow does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
[/quote]

I already let someone else prove it's not valid. Are you following along ok?
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm

So cut and dry, what does this tie back to? What are you trying to say?
What I am saying is that both of the referenced posts by Epignosis are devoid of content or attempts to gain information or a better understanding of the players. In short, they're filler posts, attempts by a Bad Boy to be present and seem relevant.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pmTownies don't gain anything from willfully pretending not to understand accusations.
This is a well-said point that explains a large part of why I haven't dropped Epi as a suspicion.
My arguments make sense.

And I think that each of the previous games where I have locked horns early with Epi have a) contained plenty of content that was not related to Epi or myself, and b) made progress.

You want to see a game that didn't make progress? Compare early Pirate Mafia to later Pirate Mafia. Before I died, I came after a few people for smaller details just like this, things that pinged me. I had two of the three Mafia members in my main 3 or 4 suspicions, and I led the lynch of baddie MP07 before getting nightkilled. After I died, the game slowed to a sludge, and the baddies handily guided it to a win.

Story time is fun - I told one, now why don't you tell me a story about the time Epi and I ruined the game by butting heads? :nicenod:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

plsfixthis wrote:
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pmHow does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
A valid question.
I already let someone else prove it's not valid. Are you following along ok?
Yes sir. It's still a valid train of thought. You're not immune to scum slips.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:02 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 am And now, the game is really afoothill!

*crickets*
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:40 am I might be persuaded to go with Epi today, but as of right now I'd not be willing to put a definitive vote on him.
How's the fence treating you?

*vote sloons*
We need an eye rolling emoji that I can post here.
Posts that appear to say something while not actually saying anything? To borrow the words of somebody else:
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 amThat's a good enough reason for Day 1 because I will accept any reason on Day 1.
Do you intend to keep your vote on me?
What an odd question.

I will answer it by saying I subscribe to the maxim "Vote early, vote often."
I'm gonna put a vote on colonialbob because he never told me why this was an odd question.
Did you ask him why it was an odd question?
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm
No.

Nope, sorry, but I'm sure LC appreciates you helping him out with the explanation. ;)
Yes, I do very much. I didn't want to have to "waste my breath" countering such a ridiculous argument. I can't even believe you're sticking to it. Come on, Epi.
Regardless of who "buddies" whom, the argument is entirely circular.

Furthermore, he called Sloonei a civilian in the same post, as he said I was intimidating a civilian. You believe LC identified three civilians Day 1 based solely on "empty filler" (his word) directed at two of them and that I was intimidating a third one?

If you believe that, I've got a mountain to sell you in Rhode Island.
WHY do you make me DO THIS? I wasn't "identifying" them as Civilians. It's an obvious and necessary assumption in order to be able to accuse you as I have.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 pm I thought as much. Wouldn't you say that's kind of a scum tell for you?
Which part of that is a scum tell for Jack?
Good question; Jack, in answering my question, be a dear and answer Sloonei's as well please.
Where did this conversation lead to?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LC what are your thoughts on Sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 pm I thought as much. Wouldn't you say that's kind of a scum tell for you?
Good question; Jack, in answering my question, be a dear and answer Sloonei's as well please.
Nowhere. Jack's answer was boring and predictable, and I didn't see any real avenue to move forward with it. Just messing around, really.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:40 pmI'm better at being scum than that Sloonei.
Why was it necessary to have her prove this?
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am @Long Con Lost Again 3 comes to mind. But whatever man. I don't feel the need to prove I can play a good scum game. Especially given the fact that I am not scum in this game.
I also like this response. Quickly ending a conversation which seems of non-import to me. Unless LC wanted to glean something from it, in which case, read quote one.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:13 pm LC what are your thoughts on Sloonei?
BRB to answer that. Kids coming home.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:11 pm
Nowhere. Jack's answer was boring and predictable, and I didn't see any real avenue to move forward with it. Just messing around, really.
How do you feel about him at the moment?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:11 am He's buddying them, and then intimidating you out of an adversarial position. He's setting up a long game. That's not what Civ Epignosis cares to do.
I could see all of this being applicable to Epi in his current form. But he is as crafty a townie as he is scum, so I'm not going to leap to any quick decisions on him.
That just might be the main reason he survives when scum.
What are you suggesting in this post?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm In short, they're filler posts, attempts by a Bad Boy to be present and seem relevant.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you for this
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:19 pm
I could see all of this being applicable to Epi in his current form. But he is as crafty a townie as he is scum, so I'm not going to leap to any quick decisions on him.
People are going to hate our hydra so much.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:20 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:19 pm
People are going to hate our hydra so much.
That's the dream.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Idk. The only scumtell I'm aware of is that I get overly excited when I think I'm about to win as a baddie.[/quote]

This could be compensation for lack of a proper response. I'm not leaning either way on it.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am
idk but this is a perfect opportunity to reaffirm that I'm a better mafia than Epignosis.
Yeah but Epi's a better civvy so we just gotta watch and see which of you does good this game.

Tend to agree with your initial line of questioning.
My 'justify my vote for me' thing?
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Quin[/mention]

Cause this post. I don't think Sloonei posts this if you are teammates together.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm ima vote epignosis whenever and i'd like someone to tell me why that is
He's making friends right off the bat.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am
Yeah but Epi's a better civvy so we just gotta watch and see which of you does good this game.

Tend to agree with your initial line of questioning.
My 'justify my vote for me' thing?
My conclusion was that you were saying what Sloonei thought you were saying, which I agree with.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:27 pm @Quin

Cause this post. I don't think Sloonei posts this if you are teammates together.
What would he say if we were teammates?
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tbf to Epi, he pretends not to understand stuff when he discusses politics, too.

Is still think he's bad and as promised, I won't be explaining anything else to him that he already knows.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Nothing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:32 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

Nothing.
Or perhaps ask you to clarify.

Imo, scum try not to answer for each other.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am If Long Con is a civilian, then is most likely means he is genuine in his suspicion of me.
If his suspicion is genuine, then his accusation that I am being deliberate and calculating in my dealings thus far should be one that he can logically explain.
Already done, but you want more words?
In other words, if I know what I'm doing (i.e., being deliberate in "setting up a long game"), and Long Con is calling me out on that, then he should be able to explain how my actions in the thread so far will benefit my team and me down the road. What is the long game and how am I expecting it to play out?
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
If he can't answer that, then his suspicion isn't genuine, and he's trying to get a quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way.
Let's get this quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way, folks!
Point LC.

Epi is perhaps the best dancer on the site. There is nothing "quick and easy" about trying to mislynch him on Day 1. This feels like trying to scare away votes, not a legit attempt to scumhunt, which is exactly what Epi is already accused of doing with Sloonei.

Combined with suspicious nonlynchcandidate declarations, I think this is worthy of a vote.

PS: What is my tell?
I don't think LC and Jack are teammates. This is a natural continuation of old dialogue. Decent distancing if I'm wrong.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

guys im on a roll give me more people to postspam
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”