Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Since I've given up truly catching up, I'm going to ISO the people I'm most curious of. Bless that the games been on hold though because I've been busy AF.

JOH
Spoiler: show
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am If Long Con is a civilian, then is most likely means he is genuine in his suspicion of me.
If his suspicion is genuine, then his accusation that I am being deliberate and calculating in my dealings thus far should be one that he can logically explain.
Already done, but you want more words?
In other words, if I know what I'm doing (i.e., being deliberate in "setting up a long game"), and Long Con is calling me out on that, then he should be able to explain how my actions in the thread so far will benefit my team and me down the road. What is the long game and how am I expecting it to play out?
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
If he can't answer that, then his suspicion isn't genuine, and he's trying to get a quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way.
Let's get this quick and easy Day 1 lynch out of the way, folks!
Point LC.

Epi is perhaps the best dancer on the site. There is nothing "quick and easy" about trying to mislynch him on Day 1. This feels like trying to scare away votes, not a legit attempt to scumhunt, which is exactly what Epi is already accused of doing with Sloonei.

Combined with suspicious nonlynchcandidate declarations, I think this is worthy of a vote.

PS: What is my tell?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm
Uh, you pick two Civs and buddy them so they trust you and don't lynch you. Long game benefit: survival, and more likely to lynch Civs along the way. You intimidate Sloonei out of coming after you. Benefit: One less Civ coming after you; survival; more likely to lynch a Civ along the way.
Wait a minute.

How does Long Con know Mesk, coolonialbob, and Sloonei are civilians?
This is not posted in good faith.

Clearly the accusation is that Epi is buddying civvies as scum doesn't buddy their own teammates.

Course, civvy Epi doesn't always post in good faith.
I'm torn on these posts. The metaphor of Epi being a dancer that JoH uses felt as a forced overstatement, but I can see the argument that JoH presents Epi. What doesn't make me feel good is the stepping back to the happy middle of "Course, civvy Epi doesn't always post in good faith."

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:40 pm Epi, do you agree with kyle's assessment that you were attacking LC with hyperbole and strawmen?
No.

LC explicitly called cb, Mesk, and Sloonei civilians. There was no consideration given that I could be "buddying" a teammate, as JoH suggested (however the hell one does that).

He also has taken anything I have said or done and says I am "setting up a long game" even though I have never before in my four years of playing Mafia done that Day 1. Instead of considering angles in which my words and actions indicate a civilian, he presses on with his unfounded, circular nonsense.

There is no strawman fallacy or hyperbole, and even if there is, so what?
I'm going to explain a thing you're pretending to not understand one time out of the goodness of my heart. I won't continue to do so because it is tiring.

LC posts that you are bad and you are buddying Bob and Mesk. The implication is that since scum doesn't buddy teammates, if LC is correct in his suspicions, Bob and Mesk would by definition be town.

LC is not claiming to have figured out Mesk or Bob's alignments outside of this, which is obvious.

I am not claiming that scum buddying a teammate is a thing, which is also obvious.

No more straw men. Townies don't gain anything from willfully pretending not to understand accusations.
I like the conviction. Coming from a JoH that was wavering earlier this is good.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 pm lol jack if you think me being lazy is a scumtell you haven't played with me enough. you were spoiled in phenon, that was one of my best civ performances. I am normally lazy af and flipflopping all over the place, anyone can tell you that. I'm trying to change up my style anyway so it's less obvious, and have decided to go with a fast-and-loose, whatever-I-feel-like-saying style this game, and I've decided you're bad so I'm voting for you and I decided not to get deeply involved in discussion because, yeah, I'm lazy, deal with it

linki: wait you think I'm epi's scumbuddy? lol what? I very nearly voted for him first. I'm fine with him being lynched.
I take back what I said about lynch Epi first. I'm totally okay with a Nutella lynch first.

Lol "I've decided you are bad"
At first glance I hate this. Why are you totally OK? oh well. Let's see what I find later.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm Eh, can't find it. I know I've seen that argument before, possibly from Epi. If it was in night vale, then :shrug:

Epi's response to LC's pressure is a lot more damning than the initial stupid argument.
In Nightvale, Epi pretended to not understand/not be interested in a case against LC, who was his scumbuddy. You've seen this before but yeah, with scum Epi.

I agree the defense is more damning than the accusation but the accusation (Quin/Sloonei's version anyhow) has merit.
This explains where the conviction comes from, but now I understand that there was past precedent in place.
Fear - It is possible that JoH knew of this Nightvale Epi behavior and was looking to paint a similar situation.
Hope - It is possible that JoH was looking for this behavior of Epi and called him out as soon as he noticed it.

The problem I have here is that JoH has already used metaphor in a way that gave a harsh negative light. Calling Epi a dancer and portraying that is in line with my fear.

// Taking a note here because I don't think it's worth spoilering - JoH's interactions with LC are something to review if needed.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:46 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:37 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:34 am Everest
Aconcagua
Pico Cristóbal Colón
Matterhorn
Sutterbuttes
Olympus Mons

are the roles that could have caused that. nutella does not necessarily have to be one of these roles.
As Sloonei and Daisy pointed out, not Buttes, who are coincidentally the only scum on this list (pending Olympus Mons which we don't know anything about). Honest mistake or trying to imply she's mafia?
So by your estimation (I'll probably double check later), Nutella can't be mafia?
Not at all, not sure why you'd make that jump? I think an Everest tie is probably the most likely reason, which could easily have nothing to do with her alignment.
Daisy was like the only player town reading Nutella (though not everyone else was scumreading her).

I'm not thinking Everest saves Nutella without knowing her alignment. I think Nutella's survival is alignment indicative.
Quick conclusion here JoH. I'm unsure how I feel about this, do you still think that this was the case?

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:21 pm I don't even know what I'm arguing for. Daisy already said she thinks I really think that and I already said I think Nutella is good.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:31 pm I'm just having a fucking day at work. Ready to fight over nothing.

I look forward to hearing more from you and DDL and Jimmy.
Interesting. I'll take that I'm missing some context here, but you so harshly came back to this. I do not see any questioning of manipulation either.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:08 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm Everyone should tell me what things in this thread you feel are most important/most warrant my attention and discussion among those I didn't just address.
I'd be interested in thoughts on me/jack/LC. Also the vote swapping from Epi to Nutella
This is my favorite post from Bob cause I like it but I didn't think to ask about the Epi to Nutella switch. I think Bob is unlikely scumbuddies with Epi. (Jimmy encouraging me to be a better player makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Plz ignore my badness last time I said that.)
Are you buddying or talking with a teammate here?

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:19 pm DDL has moved into top scum read.

A good chunk of me wants to give Epi another chance cause I secretly love him and cause lots of people have called the buddying theory wrong. Part of me does not because I'm still not seeing much hunting. I am seeing strong mechanic analysis that reminds me of good Epi breaking open ASOUE so there's that.

Mostly, DDL feels frazzled. His reads are coming in half baked. He's too concerned with how he looks (for DDL). Part of me remembers his postgane Pirates comment and thinks he's suffering from the same self doubt. If that's the case, I would feel bad lynching him. But I want to cause he seems bad.

Your thoughts on DDL's game from a DDL meta perspective?
This is bullshit right here. Epi is my secret lover and you can't have him.

Besides that, can you toss me towards the posts that helped you form your DDL opinion? Do you see Epi and DDL as teammate compatible?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:15 am If I read ten pages and the only arguments for my lynch are "gut" and LC's slip silliness, Imma flip this table.
Are you referring to me? I'm not apoligizing.

//Notes...
//Joh's quick paced ISO's did give me some insight, but I don't think that I should spoiler or comment on each.
//Overall this ISO scared me. I feel that JoH has a way of portraying things that either are forced or feel like a forced portrayal.
//Perhaps ISOing the person I had a gut bad feeling on first was a bad idea. Thoughts of how I may be tunneling are clouding my vision.
//The core of my questions really come to this "Does JoH really think Epi is bad?" and I can't say for sure "Yes, he thinks he's bad."
//Because of this, JoH is likely scum.

//Kill the liars.

//Who should I ISO next? I think Nutella or Epi would be good, I don't think I'll be able to do it until later this evening?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by DrWilgy »

Before public.Wilgy(6,9).toString() forgets about this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 am Seinfeld and it saved my ass for at least a phase.
Okay now what about those other things I said.
What are you referring to?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:36 pm @Elohcin

Do you think me not making sense is some sort of scum tell for me?
I just feel like you're reaching here. I was only thinging of LC when I thought of anyone going after epi. I didn't even know there were others. I stopped reading because the lc/epi crap was getting old. I was just taking a side when quoting that I agreed that the epi lynch was stupid.
So to be clear, you don't actually agree with DDL's vulture theory, you didn't actually see any of the nonexistent vultures because you didn't read that part of the game, you instead just felt like "taking a side" but when I pointed out that you were being inconsistent about what you have now admitted to lying about, you think that's "reaching."

That about right?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:36 pm @Elohcin

Do you think me not making sense is some sort of scum tell for me?
I just feel like you're reaching here. I was only thinging of LC when I thought of anyone going after epi. I didn't even know there were others. I stopped reading because the lc/epi crap was getting old. I was just taking a side when quoting that I agreed that the epi lynch was stupid.
So to be clear, you don't actually agree with DDL's vulture theory, you didn't actually see any of the nonexistent vultures because you didn't read that part of the game, you instead just felt like "taking a side" but when I pointed out that you were being inconsistent about what you have now admitted to lying about, you think that's "reaching."

That about right?
Dude. I told the whole thread that I was fed up and that reading the epi/lc thing was like listening to my.children bicker. I threw my hands up and said I was done reading it. So yeah...i already said I didn't finish reading it. No lying going on over here. And...as far as the voultures....yeah... I clarified days ago that I was only agreeing that the epi lynch was stupid. You need to look at all my posts and you'll see its all there. I haven't lied once this game. Move on, man!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]

In order...

Why was I suddenly okay with a Nutella lynch? I'm usually okay with lynching people I scumread who say they scumread me but can't tell me why. "No you" is easy to say to a suspicious person (and I tend to gather some suspicion early regardless of my alignment) but it is not helpful.

Do I still think Nutella's survival means she's not mafia? Absolutely. I wouldn't bother ISOing her for this reason.

Re:DDL read. Yeah, I'll post some stuff. DDL could be bad with Epi but I don't necessarily think either of them has to be bad with the other.

Table flipping aimed at you? Somewhat. I literally had 10 pages to catch up on and didn't know why several people were voting for me, including you iirc.

ISO Bob and Jimmy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Fair point on "I already answered this."

I still really don't like the answer. You quoted three sentences and said "I agree" and then backtracked to only agreeing with one of them, the conclusion, but not the reasons for it.
Elohcin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:14 pm
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 am
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.

*ebwop
So. I was just agreeing to the part that I didn't like this Epi lynch. It felt like stupid reasons for a suspension of him and those that agreed with it could be bad and trying to reach for something that others might grab onto.

I think its funny how it seems to have all just gone away and LC is in agreement with Epi on a dom lynch.

I kind of agree with epi on voting a low poster. Other than my suspicion of LC and my slight suspicion of nutella (half the time her posts crack me up and half the time I'm hinking wtf), I do think that the high posters seem to be civ and genuinely trying to help.

Still reading....
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I think you're overthinking the dancing metaphor, Doctor.

Point being, Epi is not an easy lynch, regardless of alignment and that should be taken into account when reading D1.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I still agree with the point of the post. The lynch votes on epi were stupid. I don't really understand your beef with me. But whatever. I'm moving on. This is getting nowhere. I'm going to go watch some netflix, pur the kids to bed, take some NyQuil, and be out. By the time I wake up, I hope it will be daytime in the game as well as RL 😁
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Does anyone know who any of the other Epi voters actually were?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:06 pm Does anyone know who any of the other Epi voters actually were?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nice try, Jack, but you forgot that they're invisible!
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Invisabul vulture heds
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Is Marmot okay?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 pm Is Marmot okay?
:scared:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

I assume he is with family for Thanksgiving but I don't know...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

He said he'd return Mondayish. I hope his travels have been swell
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I thought he said he was climbing a mountain so i was worried he'd been eaten by a bear or a big lizard
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

You are my Marmot, my only Marmot
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my Marmot away
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm I thought he said he was climbing a mountain so i was worried he'd been eaten by a bear or a big lizard
I must've missed him saying that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I might have just dreamed it
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

Or maybe...he talked about it in BEE TEE ESS SEE
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm I thought he said he was climbing a mountain so i was worried he'd been eaten by a bear or a big lizard
I must've missed him saying that.
He did say he was going climbing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have tried to contact Marmot with no luck. Based on his last message I am assuming he went climbing while on vacation and can't connect to the syndicate. Please hang in there, I expect we will hear from him very soon (today hopefully).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 am Please hang in there.
Mountains.

Climbing.

Hang.

I GET IT.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sig »

I'm here, I'll be catching up and addressing any posts directed at me tonight after my class so around 8ish and tomorrow.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I still remember how he looked the last time I saw him...

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This has been a test of your survival skills. That is, to see how you all would fare caught out in a mafia game without a host.

Umm.. Hi I'm back. Sorry for the extended delay. Turns out I did not have service at the campsite I was staying at, and thus could not complete any of my duties as host.

How are you all doing?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm How are you all doing?
All too alive.

Glad to have you back!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm How are you all doing?
Well! I missed you Marmot friend.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have a few posts to catch up on, but night actions are finished being processed. Day 3 will begin momentarily.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Marmot »

WHERE'S THE MARMOT?

Morning came. With it came the steady trickle of a mountain stream nearby. Actually that trickle had persisted through the night, but one doesn't always notice these things when one's asleep.

"How's everyone doing" juliets inquired.

"Marmot's dead." JaggedJimmyJay replied.

The small group mourned for days. Then the Marmot scrambled out of a little hole in the ground, one that only he could fit through.

"Sorry everyone, I overslept." The Marmot looked around before noticing. "Why, you're all still here! Why don't y'all get a chicka-chicka move-on and find a Small Mountain?"

No one has died. It is now Day 3. You have ~35 hours to lynch one of those Baby Mountains.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NOTE: Today is slightly longer in length to get things back on track and have phases end at night. Since I can only set up polls for 24 hour intervals, the new lynch poll will go up tonight in about ~11 hours or so. You'll still have 24 hours to place an actual vote.

PMs for night actions will be coming out shortly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [LYNCH RESULTS]

Post by Marmot »

DAY 2

Who should die to expedite this adventure?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00:06 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

colonialbob
No votes
Voters: None
Dom
No votes
Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
DrWilgy
No votes
Elohcin
No votes
Epignosis
No votes
insertnamehere
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
31%
Voters: Kylemii, nutella, Dragon D. Luffy, DrWilgy, speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Mesk514
No votes
nutella
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig
No votes
Sloonei
31%
Voters: Epignosis, Quin, sprityo, colonialbob, Elohcin
Spacedaisy
No votes
speedchuck
No votes
sprityo
25%
Voters: JaggedJimmyJay, Spacedaisy, Jackofhearts2005, Sloonei
THE GAME (Hosts/Non/G-Man/etc.)
13%
Voters: juliets, Marmot
Total votes: 16

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

K2 wrote:What's good, Mountains???

It's ya boy, K2, and I'm comin' at you live from the border of Pakistan and China once again to provide you with all the fit that's news to print.

Hey guess what? The funeral home just called. They're holding a funeral right now and you're not invited. Also, no one is invited and no one is dead and there's no funeral. It was just a prank call.

We haven't lynched any mafia yet but don't get down about it. We've managed to figure out a truly fucking wild amount of information with minimal death. Let's keep it up!

The results of the day 2 lynch seems to indicate that between Jack and Sloonei, one of them is a large mountain. Specifically one of two different roles. Watch closely what people did with that information. Determining which role just used up their power is not in the town's best interest and provides an easy cover discussion that doesn't involve hunting small mountains. For the record I think Jack and Sloonei are probably both town.

The Sloonmeister came out with the hottest of cases on C-Bobby. I give it the official K2 Seal Of Approval. 10/10 would recommend reading. Go read it now. Finish reading this and then go read it.

Speedchuck still rubs me the wrong way. I would guess that another big mountain agrees with me and that's why he was forced to use a Shakespeare era language translator. I've seen cases made against him and agree with a lot of the content of them.

I appreciate Long Con and Epignosis laying off each other for a few days. Epignosis looks much better than he did initially, and Long Con looks marginally worse, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't consider him a priority but I have my eye on him and so should you.

I think the idea that there may be small mountains hiding among the low posters holds weight. The longer we play the more I feel it to be true. There's almost always a wolf among the high posters so be careful.

I was going to close with some interesting mountain facts but it it turns out there aren't any. So instead I'm gonna close with a joke:

Why did K2 ruin Thanksgiving once again by stealing K2's family's turkey and hiding it in the bathroom where no one could find it?

Tune in Night 4 for some more more thoughts as well as the answer to this joke.

Do your best everyone! Please hit that like button if you did. Leave a comment, and subscribe if you want to see more like this.

Until next time, K2 out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Lol
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oh hey, that's a pretty nice thread recap.

8 days of no death though. Soon to be 10.

Alright, let's start day 1-3.

Horrible theory: Every little mountain is inactive and nobody is getting the kill in. (I think night has lasted long enough for everyone to get in here but rly)
Better theory: We're right about one of our main townreads and the protective roles went after them. My money is on Sloonei. Now to go look at the actual role list for more.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

EBWOP: What protective roles, amirite?

We got the mountain that survives one kill, the mountain that can copy that survival, and the mountain that just screws off a few nights. And town/3p secrets.

That's it, right?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

hi everyone, i'm playing now. will catch up asap and start hunting for those damn small mountains.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

feel free to summarize your reads /theories to me cos while I have tried to stay up to date with the thread ya'll are close to 2000 effing posts and that's inhumane for a game with 0 lynches and 0 nightkills.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Effective immediately, dunya has replaced sprityo.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm Effective immediately, dunya has replaced sprityo.
And now I have a sudden scumread on dunya. :haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm feel free to summarize your reads /theories to me cos while I have tried to stay up to date with the thread ya'll are close to 2000 effing posts and that's inhumane for a game with 0 lynches and 0 nightkills.
Everybody thinks I'm mafia even though I'm not :/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

huh.... interesting. I was hoping for a Dom replacement.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm Effective immediately, dunya has replaced sprityo.
And now I have a sudden scumread on dunya. :haha:
after the pirates game, you are not one to joke around buddy :meany:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

As of now I'm probably voting into jack/LC/speedchuck. But I've been relatively unplugged for a few days so I want to go back and do some rereading.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:10 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 pm feel free to summarize your reads /theories to me cos while I have tried to stay up to date with the thread ya'll are close to 2000 effing posts and that's inhumane for a game with 0 lynches and 0 nightkills.
Everybody thinks I'm mafia even though I'm not :/
and I will let you know my thoughts on that asap.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:13 pm As of now I'm probably voting into jack/LC/speedchuck. But I've been relatively unplugged for a few days so I want to go back and do some rereading.
I will say though, after watching your last game as a sub, if you are one of the good guys, you have great intuition. Don't be afraid to follow it even if it leads you where the majority aren't looking.

k. continuing my reading.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by dunya »

can someone explain this a little bit more to me:
Marmot wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 am
K2 wrote:Dear Mountains,

Day 1 could have gone better but it also definitely could have been much worse. Nutella is clearly a big mountain. I'm unsure about LC and Epignosis but I think we could benefit from them backing off each other for a little while. Jack should be getting more attention than he is; something feels off about him. Speedchuck too. DDL is not as active as I've seen him be before and it makes me nervous. There's 19 players, let's be careful not to let anyone slip through the cracks.

We have been provided with a second chance. Let's do our very best moving forward.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood K2
Night PMs are going out now.
is K2 just a random player like us with intuitions and suspicions that can be right or wrong, or does K2 have mod-verified knowledge?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

can someone briefly summarize why they believe/don't believe nutella is clearly a big mountain?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”