Total votes: 15
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 3]

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 pm @Sloonei @sig @MacDougall

I assume you guys will be able to use your night actions tonight too? Correct? Since we're in this realm tonight until Day 4. I wonder how the mod will handle that. Have any of you asked? We get results for night actions after end of night so I wonder what happens. :ponder:
wait why are you assuming that? I was under the impression that the realm effect only lasted for the Day. The D2 curses ended after the lynch.
Well, we don't technically leave the realm until the new day, do we? But yea, I forgot how the curse ended end of day so I guess they will disappear end of day too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] : talk to me. Tell me what do you think about anyone who isn't me. I see you haven't voted yet: where is your vote going today?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 pm We are able to confirm two players as bona fide members of the Order of Light.
oooooh. interesting. Tell me more.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Ermac wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 pm @Ermac I am curious as well. Especially in light of your previous comments.
Thé time has not yet come. We believe too that members of the Order here should be far more concerned by those who have fallen silent in this realm.
do you mean no posters like Simon, Dom and Dave and Eloh (she gave RL excuse and is looking to get replaced)?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I am just talking to myself :sigh: bye
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:29 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:26 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:49 pm Finally caught up. Lots of discussion on dunya's sig case back there, and exactly how suspicious it is. I don't find that angle very convincing, but lapluie's raw insistence that dunya is bad is difficult to ignore. By that I mean, it seems like lapluie has some sort of info, given her level of confidence.

Mac is also very confident in the speedchuck badness, but I don't get the same sense that it's info-driven... just that Mac is very confident in his read.
are you sure you actually caught up with everything?

You must have missed a few
lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm I'm lynching you now hunni, not tony right now that is. What's gonna happen? I'll tell you
You'll die as mafia & I would have some sweet victory, if that's not the case, oops. ( which I'm fairly confident in)

You mislynched two players so if I lead town now & we lynch you I think we'll have a successful kill.

IF hypothetically speaking im wrong, & they decide to kill me is unfair since you've been having wrong reads on the last two kills, anyways im putting that out there.

That's all I got dunya
1st of all, what 2 mislynches is she talking about? Talking poop, that's what. She refuses to even acknowledge her mistake, and that really worries me. Townies make mistakes, they will correct their mistakes. She refuses to do that. I've called her out on this 3 or 4 times and she don't give a shit. The entire basis of why she is lynching me is inaccurate and she doesn't care. Fuck that.

Second of all, she's already covering her ass when I flip town. Hey, when she does flip town, you guys can't come after me cos I'd have made an oooopsie. Fuck that.

Come on Long Con, don't tell me that's "knowledgeable". I know you, and I know how good you are. You don't actually buy this so why are you playing along?
Yeah, I've been seeing that "you mislynched two players" thing, and I haven't given it much regard. First, if lapluie has info on you, then making a weaksauce case follows with that. The certainty doesn't come from the case (which deserves no certainty), but from the info. The case is window-dressing.

Also, I mislynched two players. I absolutely don't see that as incriminating because I'm Civ. Baddies know who's Civ or bad. They don't need to bluntly vote Civs... if it were proven that your votes were close-poll-swing-votes that saved someone by lynching a Civ, then it starts to be more interesting. It's a normal Civ thing to do to vote wrong in lynches.

I'm not enamored with the logic and structure of lapluie's post you quoted, but she's new to me, so I give leeway.

Bottom line, her certainty outweighs her weak cases by a significant amount. That is telling to me, and that's what I'm taking away from all this.
:disappoint:

You're saying: civ is ok to mislynch (I did that)
You're saying: lap's case is weak
You're admitting: she made a mistake in her case
You're saying: her logic and structure isn't in her case

But you're saying you're going to agree with her because she's saying "lynch dunya, dunya is scum (I think!!!)"

:disappoint:

I must have misjudged your mafia game.
Don't feel bad, people overestimate me all the time.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I assume you guys will be able to use your night actions tonight too? Correct? Since we're in this realm tonight until Day 4. I wonder how the mod will handle that. Have any of you asked? We get results for night actions after end of night so I wonder what happens. :ponder:
As I understand it, we're only here for the day.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I don't think the 2 mislynch 1 mislynch thing necessarily contradicts the idea that lapuie might have info on dunya. It actually kinda makes sense. Lapluie started going hard after dunya following the dawn of day 3, despite having been relatively noncommittal beforehand about most players.

reviewing the events with all that in mind, lapulie does fit the behavioral archetype of a player who has info but limited resources to build a case on. also her first post of the day right after the dawn post was "well, I know who I'm voting for" implying a possibility of information or vote force.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:42 pm I don't think the 2 mislynch 1 mislynch thing necessarily contradicts the idea that lapuie might have info on dunya. It actually kinda makes sense. Lapluie started going hard after dunya following the dawn of day 3, despite having been relatively noncommittal beforehand about most players.

reviewing the events with all that in mind, lapulie does fit the behavioral archetype of a player who has info but limited resources to build a case on. also her first post of the day right after the dawn post was "well, I know who I'm voting for" implying a possibility of information or vote force.
Exactly.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jesus christ. You too Kyle?

I guess my only option now is this:

[mention]lapluie[/mention], think of the implications that are revolving around you now. We both know that you don't have any "insider" knowledge about me being scum, because I am civilian. You have a strong, wild intuition that I am scum. You are tunelling me. That's fine. But IF you are town, don't let these wild theories grow. Let it be known these are your feelings and only your feelings, otherwise you are jeopardizing the game because once I am mislynched, you're next. Don't let people put words into your mouth: me and you both know you clearly don't have anything on me. Be honest and open, as much as you are tunneling me and want to see me lynched, don't let me lynched for the wrong reasons if you're Town because that would fuck us both up and start putting Town in a critical situation.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]lapluie[/mention]

If you're scum/loner, you're also fucked because you're going to get lynched. But I don't care about that. If you're Town, now's the time to tell people to stop putting words in your mouth that aren't true. Don't make an impulsive decision just because of your "bad feelings", I assure you those bad feelings will feel a whole lot fucking worse when I'm mislynched and you're to blame because you led town to believe you have "insider knowledge on my badiness". Wild theories are going to hurt me, then you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:42 pm I don't think the 2 mislynch 1 mislynch thing necessarily contradicts the idea that lapuie might have info on dunya. It actually kinda makes sense. Lapluie started going hard after dunya following the dawn of day 3, despite having been relatively noncommittal beforehand about most players.

1. she was not relatively noncommittal. She was set on a TSP lynch. I ruined that for her, by starting the sig lynch.

2. she said "I know who I'm voting for" because I fucking started the sig lynch and he flipped town. If you think that makes me bad, genuinely if you feel that way, feel free to lynch me Kyle.

But stop putting words in other players mouths though. I hate it when other players answer for someone else. They have fingers, they can type.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 pm Don't feel bad, people overestimate me all the time.
Clearly. :pout:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 2]

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm I actually felt at some point today during my lunch break, and while eating an apple with cheese, that LC could be Kano.
That actually makes a lot of sense. LC is spreading his wings under the radar.
I'm spreading my wings?
"flying" under the radar. I'm being cute.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

6 hours left in the day. Frustrating amount of vote spread, little engagement with the voters. Nobody is getting in there and trying to decide who to vote. Everyone just decided, argued their case when questioned, and then sat there.

Start campaigning, darnit!

I know I'm not much better, but I'm being suspected in two games right now, and I don't know which to give priority.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I mean, I have a guest staying with me for 2 weeks on Tuesday so I should lay low and let myself be mislynched and use this as a classic future example of how NOT to strongly and self assuredly imply what other people are thinking and doing, but I refuse to go without having tried everything I can. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:20 pm I actually felt at some point today during my lunch break, and while eating an apple with cheese, that LC could be Kano.
That actually makes a lot of sense. LC is spreading his wings under the radar.
I'm spreading my wings?
"flying" under the radar. I'm being cute.
Gotcha. I thought you were implying that I was spreading my influence secretly. Yeah, I haven't really sunk my teeth in that hard yet. I agree that I'm a little under the radar. It's because we have so many prolific posters, 90% of my Mafia time is catching up after sleeping or working and finding ten new pages.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 pm 6 hours left in the day. Frustrating amount of vote spread, little engagement with the voters. Nobody is getting in there and trying to decide who to vote. Everyone just decided, argued their case when questioned, and then sat there.

I know I'm not much better, but I'm being suspected in two games right now, and I don't know which to give priority.
if [mention]lapluie[/mention] doesn't come in and clear the misconception, then she's bad and my vote stays on her.

I could get behind simon for reasons previously discussed by me to Jay (he hasn't posted anything new since so no further additions needed on his case)
or nutella because her game play reminds me of The Search For Quin. Ping ping ping. Also her overreaction of having 1 vote on her and all of yesterday's interactions. :nicenod:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 pm I mean, I have a guest staying with me for 2 weeks on Tuesday so I should lay low and let myself be mislynched and use this as a classic future example of how NOT to strongly and self assuredly imply what other people are thinking and doing, but I refuse to go without having tried everything I can. :noble:
:shrug2: You convinced ME enough to not want to lynch you. Lack of motive + Lack of experience with Sig.

If the votes stay the same, I'd probably move to tie a wagon with you.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] - How does Marmot self voting affect your read on him?

also where the heck is [mention]Made[/mention] ? :o
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:22 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 pm I mean, I have a guest staying with me for 2 weeks on Tuesday so I should lay low and let myself be mislynched and use this as a classic future example of how NOT to strongly and self assuredly imply what other people are thinking and doing, but I refuse to go without having tried everything I can. :noble:
:shrug2: You convinced ME enough to not want to lynch you. Lack of motive + Lack of experience with Sig.

If the votes stay the same, I'd probably move to tie a wagon with you.
thanks speed :cloud9: you're ma numba 1 supporter
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention] , hope you're feeling better. I wonder if you could help us out with minimal time just by looking over Simon's ISO (its like 8 posts) and telling us how you feel. Your read on him is important. :nicenod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] [mention]Quin[/mention]

Have any of my recent posts swayed you at all from reading me as scum?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm

1. she was not relatively noncommittal. She was set on a TSP lynch. I ruined that for her, by starting the sig lynch.

2. she said "I know who I'm voting for" because I fucking started the sig lynch and he flipped town. If you think that makes me bad, genuinely if you feel that way, feel free to lynch me Kyle.

But stop putting words in other players mouths though. I hate it when other players answer for someone else. They have fingers, they can type.
It's not about putting words in other players mouths, it's about trying to determine the motivations behind the words.

I haven't decided anything yet. without lapluie's push on you, I think you generally read as what I think is consistent with your civ meta, and your building a case against Sig despite the difficulty of doing so looked good to me as well. I think lapuie's treatment of you is an important data point in determining both of your alignments.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

rabbit8 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:18 am Jay I have to say I strongly disagree with the assertion that Marmot did the least to communicate effectively with his curse. Wilgy did practically zero with his, as did Simon and Elohcin (not that any of these players have actually said anything outside of the chaos day either). I felt that Marmot actually used some of his quotes to express opinions and sentiments relevant to the discussion.
:nicenod:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:50 am Don't dishonor the memory of my life by ignoring my pleas. Take vengeance for me.
I agree with you....

I got my :eye: on:

JJJ,
Speedchuck,
Made,
Nutella,
Jack, and Kyle.

LC?
Simon?
Dave?
So basically, everyone who is trusted except Glor or hunting except Nutella is on your shit list.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:42 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm

It's not about putting words in other players mouths, it's about trying to determine the motivations behind the words.

I haven't decided anything yet. without lapluie's push on you, I think you generally read as what I think is consistent with your civ meta, and your building a case against Sig despite the difficulty of doing so looked good to me as well. I think lapuie's treatment of you is an important data point in determining both of your alignments.
"Disgusting."
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Dunno. Doubt it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:18 pm 6 hours left in the day. Frustrating amount of vote spread, little engagement with the voters. Nobody is getting in there and trying to decide who to vote. Everyone just decided, argued their case when questioned, and then sat there.

You such bad. Die.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:02 pm

You such bad. Die.
You had such an opportunity to make a difference today, as a trusted voice in this thread, but this is bullcrap. Make a case or GTFO. I'm busy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]sig[/mention]
[mention]dunya[/mention]
[mention]rabbit8[/mention]

What are you even doing? Time to consolidate lynch trains.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

not until I get my answers from lap. We have time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:22 pm

if @lapluie doesn't come in and clear the misconception, then she's bad and my vote stays on her.

I could get behind simon for reasons previously discussed by me to Jay (he hasn't posted anything new since so no further additions needed on his case)
or nutella because her game play reminds me of The Search For Quin. Ping ping ping. Also her overreaction of having 1 vote on her and all of yesterday's interactions. :nicenod:
You still haven't explained why my play reminds you of SFQ. You just said that, then when I asked about it you claimed I was overreacting. I don't think I ever overreacted. What made you suspect me before yesterday's interactions, and why did yesterday's interactions increase that suspicion?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:12 pm not until I get my answers from lap. We have time.
Yeah but I have a date. I won't have an impact on the final lynch if I wait until later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

PS How bout that Nutella case? :grin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

after what happened with sig, I don't feel like making my nutella case till Night 3 if that's ok with everyone. I promise I will Night 3.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

if I survive :ohyeah:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

from the options, I had Marmot and Simon both down as scum reads. I don't feel good about Marmot's self-vote at all though. Like, it makes me question his scumminess.

I also don't feel like lynching Simon without Eloh's input. Everything I said is very subjective and something only I can relate to and see and others might now. Eloh reads Simon the best if Vocaroo has taught us anything where I'd been tunneling him, so I want to give her a chance to give me some input.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm from the options, I had Marmot and Simon both down as scum reads. I don't feel good about Marmot's self-vote at all though. Like, it makes me question his scumminess.
Give me a town motivation for a self-vote
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm after what happened with sig, I don't feel like making my nutella case till Night 3 if that's ok with everyone. I promise I will Night 3.
Afraid of mislynching again I see. :ohyeah:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:25 pm from the options, I had Marmot and Simon both down as scum reads. I don't feel good about Marmot's self-vote at all though. Like, it makes me question his scumminess.
Based on personal experience, people who self-vote are far behind townies who don't want to impact the thread.

I've seen one case of a scum DrWilgy self vote, on this site, and RadicalFuzz in the vocaroo, and that's it. But Radical did it out of frustration, no one frustrated Marmot to self-vote. So what's the scum motivation for it?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 pm after what happened with sig, I don't feel like making my nutella case till Night 3 if that's ok with everyone. I promise I will Night 3.
Harsh.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:29 pm
naturally I don't have you as a 100% scum. I'd rather make a case and talk about it over 3 days than 3 hours.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Based on personal experience, people who self-vote are far behind townies who don't want to impact the thread.

I've seen one case of a scum DrWilgy self vote, on this site, and RadicalFuzz in the vocaroo, and that's it. But Radical did it out of frustration, no one frustrated Marmot to self-vote. So what's the scum motivation for it?
:wine:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm

...he was drunk on a friday night?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

like, self-voting has been against the rules in maybe 90% of the games I've played. I don't know how you guys deal with it here.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:32 pm

...he was drunk on a friday night?
I believe nutella is referencing the WIFOM
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:02 pm

You such bad. Die.
You had such an opportunity to make a difference today, as a trusted voice in this thread, but this is bullcrap. Make a case or GTFO. I'm busy.
I haven't been present since I was mislynched day 1 so I have no idea what's happening. I was convinced of your badness and posted why. You die.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dunya... You bad?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:39 pm Dunya... You bad?
no :puppy:

please save me from this atrocious mislynch
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Vote speedchuck then

Return to “Previous Jobs”