Fujin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 15
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am I voted Wilgy.

Not super happy with the fact that JJJ suggested Wilgs, but knowing scum-aligned JJJ, I could see him suggesting the lynch of a couple of low posters with one being scum and one town. He's done it before.
This makes sense. I am going on that train because, as others have agreed, I think Jay's reasons for suspecting Marmot are nonsense. Jay, if you are civ and you really think marmot is bad, you need to come up with some better reasons by tomorrow if you want to convince me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Just saw marmots vote on longcon, even tho he was cleared as civ by glorfindel
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:23 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am I voted Wilgy.

Not super happy with the fact that JJJ suggested Wilgs, but knowing scum-aligned JJJ, I could see him suggesting the lynch of a couple of low posters with one being scum and one town. He's done it before.
This makes sense. I am going on that train because, as others have agreed, I think Jay's reasons for suspecting Marmot are nonsense. Jay, if you are civ and you really think marmot is bad, you need to come up with some better reasons by tomorrow if you want to convince me.
Disagreeing with case -- sure, okay

Critical thinking beyond case -- F-minus
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I switched to NVN because I'm not Wilgying the Marmot train if that's the way he's going to be.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

The only think NVN has done in the last three days of this game was campaign for lynching Nutella over Simon. He has not posted here even while posting elsewhere on the site.

At the very least, he warrants some questioning.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Also I was thinking about it during lunch and I think I know what JJJ is trying to do. Surprised I didn't see it before.

I'm going to consider him town-aligned for the duration of this day-phase, at the very least.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I want [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] and [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] to weigh in on the Marmot case. I maintain that I'm not in total agreement with JJJ, as his case requires getting into Marmot's head for some nonsensical action, but my counter-case is also built on the same foundation. And in the spur of the moment, mafia motive would make at least as much sense as town motive.

JJJ's Marmot case has some assumptions, but it's not completely broken. And it has more substance to discuss than the Wilgy case does. Substanced lynches in possible LYLO are a good thing.

Marmot also has other content to consider, and his vote is currently on LC in possible LYLO, so... to paraphrase JoH, if Wilgy Marmot is town, I'd be pretty irate.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:06 pmlinki: Kylemii, what is JJJ doing? I looked at your posts and I don't get it.
well.... I actually don't know what Jay is talking about. He doesn't seem to be doing anything confusing beyond trying to get Marmot lynched. Like you, I believe that jay is third party. I also believe that there are certain points in this game where he shouldn't be trusted but I don't think we've come to that point yet, though we may be close.

2 things are consistent across Jay's gameplay regardless of alignment. Jay is calculating, and Jay is victory oriented. Assuming Jay is Kano, Jay has 2 win conditions that have to be accomplished, one, up to 3 more general civ deaths, and the deaths of Jax and Sonya Blade. I might be wrong about this but if the theory that we're 1 lynch away from lylo is correct then the last thing Kano!Jay would want is for us to mislynch rn, with the possible exception that Jay thinks Marmot is Sonya Blade or Jack, which seems unlikely to me given his indie hints. If we mislynch 2 civs in a row the game ends and Jay can't win. We also know that at the very least that Jax is alive. Basically... the longer the game goes on the more likely Jay is to achieve his win condition, and right now supporting civilian interests is probably the most efficient way to do that.

As for the reason why I think Marmot is bad.... His hints contradict his treatment of Jay, and I don't believe them. I don't believe that both Jay and Marmot are loners and I think the fake one is Marmot. If we assume that neither is a civ fake-claiming indie for some reason, then we have to assume that one of them is mafia. Jay's push for a marmot lynch happened much earlier than marmot's push for a Jay lynch, which would be suicide for Jay if Marmot were actually telling the truth, since he'd flip with Jay's apparent role and Jay'd die almost immediately after. Also, when Marmot 's case for wanting to lynch Jay (or "destroy" Jay) still relies on Jay being an indie role. He claims Jay is an untrustworthy indie, instead of claiming that Jay was actually lying about being an indie in the first place which would seem to be the first drawn conclusion, were marmot really telling the truth.

That's just my 2 cents though. We don't have to lynch marmot today but I'm like 85% sure he's mafia.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention]
You basically stated what I realized 2 posts ago.

If you are 85% sure Marmot is scum, why are you so lax about whether we lynch him today or not?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm I switched to NVN because I'm not Wilgying the Marmot train if that's the way he's going to be.
I don't know what this means.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm I switched to NVN because I'm not Wilgying the Marmot train if that's the way he's going to be.
I don't know what this means.
I think it's in reference to Marmot's LC vote.

Really, Marmot? Why in the hell would you place a vote on LC? If you are civ, you can't add this zany behavior to the silly accusations against you. You aren't helping yourself. Things like this make me reconsider defending you (even though I still think Jay's case is nonsense).
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I am fine with voting either Lap, NVM, or wilgy at this point. I would say Jay as well, but apparently Kyle (whom I trust, obviously) and chuck seem to think he is doing some kind of civ thing even though I have no idea what they are talking about. My vote is on wilgy now but if the majority would like to take a stab at NVM instead, I am fine with moving. Him or wilgy makes no difference to me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 pm @Kylemii

If you are 85% sure Marmot is scum, why are you so lax about whether we lynch him today or not?
I think we have a few other really good lynch candidates today, and if people don't see what I see in marmot then I'm fine with voting for someone else if no one else sees it.

I'm fairly certain a Marmot lynch will get us a positive result, but dividing our votes might only lead us to ruin.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kano win if 10 town die and Sonya dies (maybe has happened?) and Jax dies (Has not happened). Kano does not have win condition.

If game is won by scum this phase, Kano not win. If civs lynch scum today, game continues. Kano might get Jax killed, might get win condition. Then Kano be happy.

But until get win condition, Kano must make game continue. Kano must keep town from losing and ending game.

So Kano help town for now.

^ Jay's mindset RN maybe
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm

I think we have a few other really good lynch candidates today, and if people don't see what I see in marmot then I'm fine with voting for someone else if no one else sees it.

I'm fairly certain a Marmot lynch will get us a positive result, but dividing our votes might only lead us to ruin.
Who are the other "really good lynch candidates"?

Wilgy is okay. NVN is a little better than okay.

Who is 'really good'?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Who are the other "really good lynch candidates"?

Wilgy is okay. NVN is a little better than okay.

Who is 'really good'?
I was thinking of those two and Elohcin. You're right. Marmot is actually a much better lynch. I still think it's important to keep discussion going though, the game doesn't end by lynching marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

<-----definitely confused by what kyle and chuck are talking about.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention] Which part?

Discussing suspects other than Marmot? Pretty straightforward.

Or discussing theoretical JJJ motives? JJJ hasn't accomplished his wincon yet, and as he pointed out, we're close to LYLO. The only way to keep the game going so that Kano/JJJ has a chance to win is to lynch scum.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm <-----definitely confused by what kyle and chuck are talking about.
hey wait yeah me too. i thought speedchuck was against lynching marmot and now suddenly he's voting marmot too and telling me that i should be voting marmot harder than i am.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm
Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 pm <-----definitely confused by what kyle and chuck are talking about.
hey wait yeah me too. i thought speedchuck was against lynching marmot and now suddenly he's voting marmot too and telling me that i should be voting marmot harder than i am.
Check out post #4057. My turnabout on Jay + Marmot's current actions have me wanting to reconsider.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm @Elohcin Which part?

Or discussing theoretical JJJ motives? JJJ hasn't accomplished his wincon yet, and as he pointed out, we're close to LYLO. The only way to keep the game going so that Kano/JJJ has a chance to win is to lynch scum.
the second. So...this makes y'all think Jay is civ and that he seriously thinks marmot is bad? But why not have a more convincing case on him then?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm
well....even though Jay's case on marmot is unconvincing, Marmot is not really doing himself any favors with his lack of defense and vote on LC. I think his frustration with Jay is authentic. But he could at least try and not give up. Does a baddie try or does a baddie give up?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:22 pm

the second. So...this makes y'all think Jay is civ and that he seriously thinks marmot is bad? But why not have a more convincing case on him then?
No, I think Jay is 3P and that he seriously thinks Marmot is bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

this^ chances are that Jay's a lonely boy who's interests align with us right now, because of some math which I'm certain Jay has already figured out for himself.

the most important distinction between Jay and a regular civ is that if we start winning by a landslide somehow and jay doesn't have confirmation of Jax and Sonya Blade deaths then it will suddenly be in Jay's best interest to push mis-lynches to meet his quota. We're pretty far from having to worry about that yet though.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Voting DrWilgy to save my skin.

I have too many other things to do, so I doubt I'll have anything else to say the rest of the day. But I urge players to expand their search. There's 4 mafia left. I am not one of them.

Good luck fellow civilians!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

:suspish:
Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 pm Voting DrWilgy to save my skin.

I have too many other things to do, so I doubt I'll have anything else to say the rest of the day. But I urge players to expand their search. There's 4 mafia left. I am not one of them.

Ok thx am voting drwilgy
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention]

I don't think the Marmot case is rock solid....but I like the players voting Marmot better than the ones voting Wilgy.

Maybe we actually have two baddie trains this time. Still need to ISO Marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:01 pm Voting DrWilgy to save my skin.

Didn't you claim neutral? :suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*Change vote Marmot*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lynch all liars is way easier than ISOs.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Egh. Okay.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:43 pm Lynch all liars is way easier than ISOs.
I've never liked Lynch All Liars. It doesn't allow for town gambits. Ergo, I don't like you using this shortcut.

But maybe it's more of a cultural thing. It's not like you have a mafia motive for switching to this lynch train. Regardless of Marmot's alignment, you're within your rights to leave Wilgy.

I think.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Did Marmot say he was making a town gambit?

He didn't seem to be that into a Jay lynch until he claimed neutral.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

this^ chances are that Jay's a lonely boy who's interests align with us right now, because of some math which I'm certain Jay has already figured out for himself.

the most important distinction between Jay and a regular civ is that if we start winning by a landslide somehow and jay doesn't have confirmation of Jax and Sonya Blade deaths then it will suddenly be in Jay's best interest to push mis-lynches to meet his quota. We're pretty far from having to worry about that yet though.
Thanks for the explanation, guys. I understand now. So we keep Jay around until he becomes a threat to civs.

Another question...What is Lynch All Liars?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If Lynch All Liars was common practice, I wouldn't survive a single game. :grin:

I think we're headed in the right direction now.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:00 pm If Lynch All Liars was common practice, I wouldn't survive a single game. :grin:
Admits to being a habitual liar.
I think we're headed in the right direction now.
:omg:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:knight3:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

:omg: :omg: :omg:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Elohcin[/mention]

The idea is that bad guys lie and good guys don't so if you catch someone claiming to be neutral and then claiming to be town, they are likely bad and should be lynched.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:58 pmThanks for the explanation, guys. I understand now. So we keep Jay around until he becomes a threat to civs.
exactly.

kano's path towards victory requires pushing back the endgame so he gets more time for the correct deaths to have occurred. rn the team closest to victory is the mafia, so jay needs to prevent that from happening.

on the flip side, the more successful mafia lynches happen in a row, the less incentive kano has to cooperate with us

on the other other hand, jay has made himself a public figure, so every move he makes is going to be scrutinized, and since survival is another part of his win condition he has even more incentive to be good.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:34 pm on the flip side, the more successful mafia lynches happen in a row, the less incentive kano has to cooperate with us
Not really.

A successful mafia lynch, unless it includes a vote manipulator (we already got one of them), doesn't move the bar. 1 scum dies, losing their vote. 1 nightkill probably happens, losing town one vote. Status quo stays the same.

Kano has ALL the incentive to cooperate until we either get down to 1 scum or his targets all die. And if we get down to 1 scum and Kano's targets are not dead, he's screwed.

So yeah. Kano, now that the game is guaranteed to kill 10 townies, is pro-town until he has his win-condition.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:32 pm @Elohcin

The idea is that bad guys lie and good guys don't so if you catch someone claiming to be neutral and then claiming to be town, they are likely bad and should be lynched.
How does one claim to be neutral....like...independent?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Elohcin[/mention], what about DrWilgy do you find suspicious?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:58 pm @Elohcin, what about DrWilgy do you find suspicious?
lack of play...same as NVM. I have stated why I find Lap suspicious. And I have stated that I find marmot's lack of defense and vote for LC suspicious, despite your silly allegations. I have been mulling over here for a bit now...thinking of switching to marmot. I think I will....only reason I would stay on wilgy is to prove a point that I think the reasons you chose to go after marmot are nonsense :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ha, I just notices there is no M in that name. But that's what I thought I remembered y'all shortening it to. I shall just call him NV
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] about an hour left
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

hello am here, who wants me to change vote tbh idk who I should vote for
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

This is me for the entire game
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 pm hello am here, who wants me to change vote tbh idk who I should vote for
follow your heart, my friend.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Or follow your nose.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”