The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 777
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Avito's vote sucks.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by novaselinenever »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:53 am
sprityo wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 pm I can support a pennywise vote. I saw earlier discussion of how he’s a seasoned mafia player, one familiar in reaching endgame. I can’t place a finger where I’ve felt moved by them yet this game.

[VOTE: pennywise] aubergine
Feels like you're just throwing a vote on a low-hanging fruit and not really hunting.
nova just got my vote. sprityo gave a specific reason for his vote, and nova painted it as "just throwing a vote," established that Pennywise is "low-hanging fruit" without backing up that claim, and, despite saying sprityo is "not really hunting," has no qualms about anybody else who could fall into that category.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
His specific reason was weak. It was awkward af, and he just jumped on the wagon that McDougall started. I interpreted Mac's vote as a pressure's vote and someone wanting to here from a player that hasn't really said anything and trying to get some interactions going. I didn't interpret Spirityo's vote the same way. His mention of Pennywise being a veteran player and making it to end games was bullshit. How is that a justification for a vote ?

About Pennywise, he is a low-hanging fruit. He was inactive, he doesn't really have any content and interaction to analyze and get a read on him from them. He is new.

At that time, I had not had qualms about anybody's vote. JJJ's vote was understandable since he ISOed Avito and has been uneasy with him. The other voter was Avito himself, and I called him out on it. He's still on me since D1 without justifications, and it's something we do on another forum when messing around. Told him to stop messing around and make a case if he thinks I'm bad.
Sometimes low-hanging fruit is rotten.
He is, though. And you're the straw man.

You're reason for pushing me are horseshit tbh tbf. Just because I haven't had time to call out everybody that may or may not fall under the same category as spirityo's doesn't make my remarks on spirityo null. I see something, I call it out. I also explained why the others vote didn't ping me the same as his.
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm About Pennywise, he is a low-hanging fruit. He was inactive, he doesn't really have any content and interaction to analyze and get a read on him from them. He is new.
You have voted for Avito and lapluie. Do they not qualify as low-hanging fruit?
Avito does, Lapluie doesn't. Avito, however was here and had time to post. He also had time to throw his vote on me again today while quoting a post not even game relevant. That tells me that he doesn't have any attention to play this game seriously, that's usually his baddie behavior. He feigns detachment from the game and flies under the radar. He usually gets vigged where I'm from for this.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm About Pennywise, he is a low-hanging fruit. He was inactive, he doesn't really have any content and interaction to analyze and get a read on him from them. He is new.
You have voted for Avito and lapluie. Do they not qualify as low-hanging fruit?
Avito does, Lapluie doesn't. Avito, however was here and had time to post. He also had time to throw his vote on me again today while quoting a post not even game relevant. That tells me that he doesn't have any attention to play this game seriously, that's usually his baddie behavior. He feigns detachment from the game and flies under the radar. He usually gets vigged where I'm from for this.
I believe you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Well, this was easier than I thought. Only two pages to catch up on.

I'll be voting here, [VOTE: Avito] aubergine.

I could also go down with a Spirito or DDL's lynch, if that is ever happening.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 pmI could also go down with a Spirito or DDL's lynch, if that is ever happening.
I'm not feeling DDL, but I could consider sprityo. I don't care for the "he gets to endgame" comment either. Irrelevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 216

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:33 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 pm I can support a pennywise vote. I saw earlier discussion of how he’s a seasoned mafia player, one familiar in reaching endgame. I can’t place a finger where I’ve felt moved by them yet this game.

Feels like you're just throwing a vote on a low-hanging fruit and not really hunting.
nova just got my vote. sprityo gave a specific reason for his vote, and nova painted it as "just throwing a vote," established that Pennywise is "low-hanging fruit" without backing up that claim, and, despite saying sprityo is "not really hunting," has no qualms about anybody else who could fall into that category.

His specific reason was weak. It was awkward af, and he just jumped on the wagon that McDougall started. I interpreted Mac's vote as a pressure's vote and someone wanting to here from a player that hasn't really said anything and trying to get some interactions going. I didn't interpret Spirityo's vote the same way. His mention of Pennywise being a veteran player and making it to end games was bullshit. How is that a justification for a vote ?

About Pennywise, he is a low-hanging fruit. He was inactive, he doesn't really have any content and interaction to analyze and get a read on him from them. He is new.

At that time, I had not had qualms about anybody's vote. JJJ's vote was understandable since he ISOed Avito and has been uneasy with him. The other voter was Avito himself, and I called him out on it. He's still on me since D1 without justifications, and it's something we do on another forum when messing around. Told him to stop messing around and make a case if he thinks I'm bad.

You're reason for pushing me are horseshit tbh tbf. Just because I haven't had time to call out everybody that may or may not fall under the same category as spirityo's doesn't make my remarks on spirityo null. I see something, I call it out. I also explained why the others vote didn't ping me the same as his.
You don't fully grasp my issue with you, but I can live with that for now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
novaselinenever
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm here. I'm all for clearing up my name.

What am I not getting ?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm here. I'm all for clearing up my name.

What am I not getting ?
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:52 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 pm Epi didn't nova's post imply sprityo was bad? Or do you not see it that way?
It's prefaced with a hedge ("Feels like"), is mollified with an empty adverb ("just"), uses a trite phrase that says nothing of Pennywise's alignment ("low-hanging fruit"), and concludes with criticism that cannot be measured against a standard ("not really hunting"), which- if the hallmark of "really hunting" is nova's own work- makes sprityo Der jägerMeister.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 297

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Nova] aubergine

I was going to jump back to Avito after I finished catching up but then I thought ... fuck it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What makes you choose nova over Avito, Mac?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nothing. I don't feel strongly about either.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

what are the cases for and against Nova and Avito? I have a headache and am unable to pay attention in ass class rn
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm what are the cases for and against Nova and Avito? I have a headache and am unable to pay attention in ass class rn
Avito plus sucky vote.

Read full exchange for nova case

There are other cases.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Kylemii[/mention], I hope you understand that once you ask for cases and receive them, you are bound by law to comment thoroughly on both of them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm Kylemii, I hope you understand that once you ask for cases and receive them, you are bound by law to comment thoroughly on both of them.
yea but head hurt, jay :(
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Not caught up at all, so I'm voting off-wagon on myself, whIle sitting on a toilet in a coffee shop. :smile:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what is Avito like normally? Is he usually p active
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:50 pm Not caught up at all, so I'm voting off-wagon on myself, whIle sitting on a toilet in a coffee shop. :smile:
If you're going to self-vote, it might as well happen on a toilet.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm what is Avito like normally? Is he usually p active
Here.

No more questions allowed. Make a judgment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

Shit or get off the pot. :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm what is Avito like normally? Is he usually p active
Here.

what are you, the learning police?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

between avito and nova I think I'd rather vote for Avito, nova is at least around and talking
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:57 pm
Here.

what are you, the learning police?
Officer JaggedJimmyJay at your service.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i imagine a learning police officer is like.... an owl dressed up as a cop, but with human arms and legs
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like that guy from soul caliber
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Can I get the Nova case fully in English?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[VOTE: Avito] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i would also like to view the nova case in written words, the link jay provided was to requoted quotes
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hot potato Mac or Marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:22 pm Hot potato Mac or Marmot.
Why Mac?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm [VOTE: Nova] aubergine

I was going to jump back to Avito after I finished catching up but then I thought ... fuck it.
Why do we put up with this crap
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:07 pm between avito and nova I think I'd rather vote for Avito, nova is at least around and talking
It's knowing people would think like that that made me want to vote Nova. It's too easy if he's scum to just make a few posts and then the absent dude gets lynched instead. I don't particularly have any defense of either of them, I just don't feel the need to push the lynch into Avito's direction permanently just because Nova came and made posts.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't really care that nova made posts, but the tone presented in those posts was agreeable enough.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:29 pm

How about fuck you, and I'm done, find another punching bag you dick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm I don't really care that nova made posts, but the tone presented in those posts was agreeable enough.
His tone did convey that he was irritated by having votes. Hardly alignment indicative. What else about his tone made him the better to save in a 50/50 situation?

As if it wasn't just because he made posts. It was predictable enough for me to vote him over Avito just to keep the balance from tipping completely.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hell I was tempted to give him credit for showing up until I just decided not to.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm I don't really care that nova made posts, but the tone presented in those posts was agreeable enough.
His tone did convey that he was irritated by having votes. Hardly alignment indicative. What else about his tone made him the better to save in a 50/50 situation?

As if it wasn't just because he made posts. It was predictable enough for me to vote him over Avito just to keep the balance from tipping completely.
I thought this post was decent:
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm His specific reason was weak. It was awkward af, and he just jumped on the wagon that McDougall started. I interpreted Mac's vote as a pressure's vote and someone wanting to here from a player that hasn't really said anything and trying to get some interactions going. I didn't interpret Spirityo's vote the same way. His mention of Pennywise being a veteran player and making it to end games was bullshit. How is that a justification for a vote ?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I mean, I know where you're coming from. In a nova vs. Avito scenario, it isn't hard for nova to just be less suspicious than the guy doing nothing.

But I also don't think that's his fault.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 pm

No one lynched you yet. Probably not even going to be considered. You're one of the elite. ;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fair enough. Ultimately if it comes down to it I would lynch the non persona over him. I just don't want to make this end of day a formality yet.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 pm

No one lynched you yet. Probably not even going to be considered. You're one of the elite. ;)
It's okay. I'm sure I will get killed instead. It's the way of things.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who should I ISO during the night phase?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm drunk. AMA.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 pm I'm drunk. AMA.
Do you secretly love Jay and want to wear his skin like a coat?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

what's ur favorite punctuation marker
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by wolbre04 »

Can you sing for us
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epi has a voice like an angel.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

aubergine avito[VOTE: aviti] aubergine
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by wolbre04 »

Is anything going to happen in the last 15 mins, stay tuned!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”