Moderator: Community Team

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 4]

Post by juliets »

Well damn I forgot thats where wolbre voted. Ok I'll vote elsewhere.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 777
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:29 pm Well damn I forgot thats where wolbre voted. Ok I'll vote elsewhere.
You could vote one of the other no-shows to broaden the vigilante's targets.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:20 pm As I have said repeatedly now:

I think you handled Epignosis in such a way, particularly on Day 3, that evidences you having known he was a civilian all along. You had to force your way into an Epignosis vote with a post that looked utterly fake, and when confronted with a reason to move that vote you fell into the most awkward waffle of a response in the thread (on the basis of Epi giving up which was false).
^ This is nonsense.

v This is giving up.
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:35 pm DDL voted for me for a stupid reason (like I owe him a Kylemii vote explanation), and if you vote for him, then that makes it 3-DDL, 4-Epi, which means you will be unlikely to be lynched, and I'm fine with that.
Oh gosh Epi I'm seeing DDL as town. I'm trying to understand what Jay is seeing in wolbre, thinking I may have missed something. If you have to vote for me go ahead, I understand and it's just a game.
If he's a civilian, then he's not doing a very good job.

As I said, I'm not keen on voting for you. I suspected you Day 1, but you came through and the clouds have passed.

I don't care about being lynched.
If you’re a civilian, you’re not doing so hot yourself. Not doing so hot regardless of alignment, really. What are you even doing?
Fucking horses.

Didn't you know?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] if you and only you had a choice of who would be lynched today who would you pick, and don't start jay. promise me you will say someone other than jay, it's boring if you say jay.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 297

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm Scotty is slinging random mud everywhere rather than voting for the guy with a good case against him.

This is what Jay is talking about with the house of cards.
Restate the case in your own words, please. You tend to bull around which is great when you're town and you're not bulldozing at town but at least one of those isn't true and I don't know where your head is at besides being pointed in the wrong direction.

Where's your head on everyone but me?
Bulldozing better not stick. I hate it.

I think you knew Epi was a civ and made an opportunistic vote on him. I feel like I have been seeing a fake scum hunting version of Jack all game.

You want me to provide you with a read on every player in the game? That sure is something I ask of civs when I take suspicion off them to try to slip them up. Do you actually think I am Mafia or is this omgus or worse.

ISO Scotty for me please. Do me one analysis and I will consider analysing the player list.
Why?

How so?

Coming up.

Did I say I thought you were mafia? Can it be omgus if you don't actually say the other person is mafia or vote for them or anything? I honestly don't know how to read you except as town based on results and shared feelings. We haven't gotten results and we don't share reads. So does that make you bad or just having a bad game? Fuck if I know. I know I'm having a bad game but I've never played with bad you.
No. You are flailing. I am not repeating myself. If you cared you would not ask such asinine questions.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm This whole "you're going for a mislynch" thing is so bogus. I had Jack as a civilian read 48 hours ago. I don't need to cook up some convoluted plan to make Jack my specific target if I am pursuing a mislynch. My read turned because I don't believe in it anymore.
Again, Epi looked so bad, 3 people said they thought he was the unlynchable mafia member.

Your case is dishonest, just like the one you made against me D1, just like the one you made against Sprityo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Juliets INH already has Wolbre's vote so vote for Wolbre, Pennywise or Dom. Hell it seems Nova has gone awol now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:29 pm v This is giving up.
There is literally no way in hell you believe Epignosis was "giving up" after having been shown his efforts to move the lynch to someone who was not him.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm Scotty is slinging random mud everywhere rather than voting for the guy with a good case against him.

Restate the case in your own words, please. You tend to bull around which is great when you're town and you're not bulldozing at town but at least one of those isn't true and I don't know where your head is at besides being pointed in the wrong direction.

I think you knew Epi was a civ and made an opportunistic vote on him. I feel like I have been seeing a fake scum hunting version of Jack all game.

You want me to provide you with a read on every player in the game? That sure is something I ask of civs when I take suspicion off them to try to slip them up. Do you actually think I am Mafia or is this omgus or worse.

ISO Scotty for me please. Do me one analysis and I will consider analysing the player list.
Why?

How so?

Coming up.

Did I say I thought you were mafia? Can it be omgus if you don't actually say the other person is mafia or vote for them or anything? I honestly don't know how to read you except as town based on results and shared feelings. We haven't gotten results and we don't share reads. So does that make you bad or just having a bad game? Fuck if I know. I know I'm having a bad game but I've never played with bad you.
No. You are flailing. I am not repeating myself. If you cared you would not ask such asinine questions.
Okay. I'm off the fence. I think you're bad, too. :clap:

If there's one attribute about Jack, it's that I care.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm This whole "you're going for a mislynch" thing is so bogus. I had Jack as a civilian read 48 hours ago. I don't need to cook up some convoluted plan to make Jack my specific target if I am pursuing a mislynch. My read turned because I don't believe in it anymore.
Again, Epi looked so bad, 3 people said they thought he was the unlynchable mafia member.
This has nothing to do with what I said.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:32 pmYour case is dishonest, just like the one you made against me D1, just like the one you made against Sprityo.
Show me the dishonesty. Where has my honesty faltered?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Your case is dishonest, just like the one you made against me D1, just like the one you made against Sprityo.
Both Jay and myself have referenced posts. I think Kyle did too. You opportunistically got your vote onto Epi in a way that made you capable of hand waving away your vote in the event of the mislynch that we now know would have happened. The case is not bogus. Stop saying that it is. It is disingenous anti-intellectualism and I will not accept this in the house of Mac.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Why?

How so?

Coming up.

Okay. I'm off the fence. I think you're bad, too. :clap:

If there's one attribute about Jack, it's that I care.
If you care then read the thread instead of asking dumb questions and wasting my time trying to make me repeat myself. That is what I do when I am bad. I recognise the behaviour. It is designed to eventuate in rationalising your fake read. Lookie! You did it!

Of course your only two scum reads are the two players most vocally suspicious of you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:29 pm v This is giving up.
There is literally no way in hell you believe Epignosis was "giving up" after having been shown his efforts to move the lynch to someone who was not him.
The most token effort of all time. Here's the full effort of Epi trying to prevent his own lynch.
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 pm I don't have any inferences I'm willing to share (since at least one of them is impolite).

I've served a purpose in this, and I'm fine with it, and am satisfied that nobody gets what I've done. If people lynch me for my approach here, then you can deal with them after Night 3. Or not deal with them. I won't be around to care.
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 pm I read through wolbre and didn't see anything that excites me for a vote, plus I like what Mac had to say about him. I still don't like his voting Epi and then leaving without having heard Epi's side of things but I think thats probably a cultural thing. It may not be a big deal where he comes from whereas it was where I come from.
I am not keen on voting for you, and I get the impression the feeling is mutual. I suggest you and I come up with someone who isn't you or me and we vote together.
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:34 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:27 pm I read through wolbre and didn't see anything that excites me for a vote, plus I like what Mac had to say about him. I still don't like his voting Epi and then leaving without having heard Epi's side of things but I think thats probably a cultural thing. It may not be a big deal where he comes from whereas it was where I come from.
I am not keen on voting for you, and I get the impression the feeling is mutual. I suggest you and I come up with someone who isn't you or me and we vote together.
I'm fine with that Epi, I do not want to vote for you. Do you have anyone in mind?
No. That's my trouble.

Fuck it.

[VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:35 pm DDL voted for me for a stupid reason (like I owe him a Kylemii vote explanation), and if you vote for him, then that makes it 3-DDL, 4-Epi, which means you will be unlikely to be lynched, and I'm fine with that.
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm
Oh gosh Epi I'm seeing DDL as town. I'm trying to understand what Jay is seeing in wolbre, thinking I may have missed something. If you have to vote for me go ahead, I understand and it's just a game.
If he's a civilian, then he's not doing a very good job.

As I said, I'm not keen on voting for you. I suspected you Day 1, but you came through and the clouds have passed.

I don't care about being lynched.
Literally says he doesn't care if he dies several times, doesn't care if anyone sees what he's trying to do, proposes a strategy that gets him lynched over Juliets.

That's not trying, Jay.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the.....

house of mac
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am done here. It's 7.40am and I have to get ready for the day. If anyone other than Jack is lynched I will be so disappointed.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the mac house
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacHaus
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm Literally says he doesn't care if he dies several times, doesn't care if anyone sees what he's trying to do, proposes a strategy that gets him lynched over Juliets.

That's not trying, Jay.
1) Epignosis tried to lynch someone who is not Epignosis. There is no way to twist that into "Epignosis gave up." He wasn't bothered by being lynched, something he has said in more games than just this one, but he didn't roll over and wait for death.

2) You're focusing on a tiny detail of a larger case filled with goodies that you have to this point done nothing with.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 pm Juliets INH already has Wolbre's vote so vote for Wolbre, Pennywise or Dom. Hell it seems Nova has gone awol now.
Yes I was just going to take a look at nova. And yeah I saw wolbre's vote when I went up to vote so I'm definitely going elsewhere.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] please ignore everyone else for a second and answer my more important and more interesting question instead of their relatively unimportant and boring ones
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm Literally says he doesn't care if he dies several times, doesn't care if anyone sees what he's trying to do, proposes a strategy that gets him lynched over Juliets.

That's not trying, Jay.
1) Epignosis tried to lynch someone who is not Epignosis. There is no way to twist that into "Epignosis gave up." He wasn't bothered by being lynched, something he has said in more games than just this one, but he didn't roll over and wait for death.

2) You're focusing on a tiny detail of a larger case filled with goodies that you have to this point done nothing with.
1) No, he didn't. He proposed a strategy that ended with him having the most votes. It's right there. He counts the votes with 4 on Epi and 3 on DDL and says "I don't care about being lynched."

2) Proven wrong about the details, Jay goes back to vague big pictures, just like he has against me all game. Color me not surprised.

[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]Kylemii[/mention]

You guys see this? You think this is an honest case?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:44 pm Jackofhearts2005 please ignore everyone else for a second and answer my more important and more interesting question instead of their relatively unimportant and boring ones
Did you ask me a question?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to go ahead and vote Penny for the vig and will change it if I think nova looks worse.

[VOTE: Pennywise] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Come on.

Somebody please tell me I'm not crazy for seeing Epi propose a plan where he gets the most votes, says "I don't care about getting lynched" and thinking that Epi wasn't trying to avoid lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm 1) No, he didn't. He proposed a strategy that ended with him having the most votes. It's right there. He counts the votes with 4 on Epi and 3 on DDL and says "I don't care about being lynched."
I have at times engaged in strategies as a civilian that caused me to end up with the most votes. Indeed, every civilian who has ever been lynched employed some kind of strategy which contributed to their destruction. That is not the same as throwing in the towel.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm2) Proven wrong about the details, Jay goes back to vague big pictures, just like he has against me all game. Color me not surprised.
"Proven wrong" my fat ass. "Just like I have against you all game" my fat ass. I have read you as a civilian for most of the game to this point. You're so full of shit.

You still haven't addressed my points. The very same points I just made AGAIN at your demand.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:46 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:44 pm Jackofhearts2005 please ignore everyone else for a second and answer my more important and more interesting question instead of their relatively unimportant and boring ones
i thought i did? maybe not.

anyways plz pretend for me that you are the only one choosing who gets lynched today, you can't pick joe and you can't pick Mac, who would you choose?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Both Jay and myself have referenced posts. I think Kyle did too. You opportunistically got your vote onto Epi in a way that made you capable of hand waving away your vote in the event of the mislynch that we now know would have happened. The case is not bogus. Stop saying that it is. It is disingenous anti-intellectualism and I will not accept this in the house of Mac.
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], address this specific point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think you handled Epignosis in such a way, particularly on Day 3, that evidences you having known he was a civilian all along. You had to force your way into an Epignosis vote with a post that looked utterly fake, and when confronted with a reason to move that vote you fell into the most awkward waffle of a response in the thread (on the basis of Epi giving up which was false).
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], address this specific point apart from the parenthetical bit at the end.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm 1) No, he didn't. He proposed a strategy that ended with him having the most votes. It's right there. He counts the votes with 4 on Epi and 3 on DDL and says "I don't care about being lynched."
I have at times engaged in strategies as a civilian that caused me to end up with the most votes. Indeed, every civilian who has ever been lynched employed some kind of strategy which contributed to their destruction. That is not the same as throwing in the towel.
Nononono.

Epi didn't have a bad plan that resulted in his lynch. Epi's plan was to get lynched. He said, "Juliets, let's make sure I have 4 votes and DDL has 3. I don't care if I get lynched."

Your case is that I didn't really think Epi gave up when he said "I don't care if I get lynched."

That makes no sense at all.

Now tell me that's not your case, don't clarify anything and ask me for more reads.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Jackofhearts2005, address this specific point.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/begging-the-question
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Links to logicalfallacyis.com do not amount to addressing the point.

This is the shit you have not been handling since we started this argument. This is the shit you're pretending doesn't exist.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:52 pm
Nononono.

Epi didn't have a bad plan that resulted in his lynch. Epi's plan was to get lynched. He said, "Juliets, let's make sure I have 4 votes and DDL has 3. I don't care if I get lynched."

Your case is that I didn't really think Epi gave up when he said "I don't care if I get lynched."

Now tell me that's not your case, don't clarify anything and ask me for more reads.
Epi was trying to get lynched?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 pm Of the absentee group:

Dom, INH, Pennywise

I think the most likely mafioso is INH.
I agree with this
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005, address this specific point apart from the parenthetical bit at the end.
Evidences I knew he was a civilian all along - Citation needed or else this is more begging the question.

You had to voice your way into an Epignosis vote - I asked Epi what he was doing and he told me "fucking horses." That was me giving Epi a chance to show me he was town. Forced? Bah.

With a post that looked utterly fake and my reasoning for staying on him was also fake - Cause when Epi says "I don't care about getting lynched" and three people say "Gee, I think Epi cares so little about being lynched he must be unlynchable" then I'm supposed to actually know that his plan to receive the most votes was a ploy to somehow not get the most votes and therefore, my belief that Epi wasn't trying to avoid lynch must have been fake. That about right? And I did this to push for an Epi mislynch instead of....a Sprityo mislynch, when I had already stated that I townread Sprityo.

This whole case is one big joke.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Links to logicalfallacyis.com do not amount to addressing the point.

This is the shit you have not been handling since we started this argument. This is the shit you're pretending doesn't exist.
"Jack knew Epi was town" "His vote was opportunistic"

If I'm bad, I knew Epi was town because I'm bad. You can't therefore reason that I'm bad because I knew Epi was town if there's no evidence I knew Epi was town beyond your conclusion that I'm bad. This is what begging the question is and it's a logical fallacy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm
Nononono.

Yes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm
Nononono.

Yes.
Or rather, he was doing nothing whatsoever to avoid it, engineering a scenario where he had the most votes and saying he didn't care if he got lynched.

The crux of Jimmy's case is that he thinks I should have known Epi was trying hard to not get lynched even though it is evident that Epi was doing no such thing.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sorry y’all, I’m pretty out to lunch at work and am not responding to some questions j know.

I’m sure something will happen in the last hour and change everything we’ve been talking about all day tho, so whatever.

I’m fine with my Vote on JJJ currently
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so like the thing is...

who do you want lynched today, other than jay or mac

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm This whole case is one big joke.
So is your space-time continuum.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm You had to voice your way into an Epignosis vote - I asked Epi what he was doing and he told me "fucking horses." That was me giving Epi a chance to show me he was town. Forced? Bah.
Epignosis said this over 3 hours after you placed your vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 pm

anyways plz pretend for me that you are the only one choosing who gets lynched today, you can't pick joe and you can't pick Mac, who would you choose?
Probably a quiet player.

I have some reason to believe DDL, LC, Juliets, Scotty and you are town. You've ruled out JJJ and Mac.

I'm left with a choice between Dom, INH, Marmot, Nova, PW, Wolbre.

I probably shoot Dom cause Jimmy wants to shoot INH. Maaaaaybe Wolbre since Scotty said there was maybe some teammate behavior there.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 pm The crux of Jimmy's case is that he thinks I should have known Epi was trying hard to not get lynched even though it is evident that Epi was doing no such thing.
That is not the crux of my case. That is the only portion of my case you seem interested in discussing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 pm The crux of Jimmy's case is that he thinks I should have known Epi was trying hard to not get lynched even though it is evident that Epi was doing no such thing.
That is not the crux of my case. That is the only portion of my case you seem interested in discussing.
Tell me I'm bad for not posting enough on D1 again.

Tell me I'm bad for voting for townie Epi instead of townie Sprityo, again.

How can you call me opportunistic with a straight face?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Probably a quiet player.

I have some reason to believe DDL, LC, Juliets, Scotty and you are town. You've ruled out JJJ and Mac.

I probably shoot Dom cause Jimmy wants to shoot INH. Maaaaaybe Wolbre since Scotty said there was maybe some teammate behavior there.
what makes you trust ddl and scotty?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Probably a quiet player.

what makes you trust ddl and scotty?
Can't say.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pm Tell me I'm bad for not posting enough on D1 again.
I didn't pursue that with any fervor. Irrelevant.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pmTell me I'm bad for voting for townie Epi instead of townie Sprityo, again.
I'll give you credit for making up so many arguments and then shoving them into my mouth. Never said this or even implied it. You're not reading my posts.

You could have voted for Epignosis with all of the fervor and conviction in the world, and it'd have looked better than what happened.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 pm Guys what if mafia is missing kills and they are getting randomized?
Show me that mafia team.
Well actually there's some ambiguity in the role descriptions. The first mafioso isn't explicitly the owner of the night kill, but the next guy inherits it from him. If it is his, then it only takes one lurker.

@Quin

1) Are the mafia members allowed to submit actions on each others' behalf?
2) Does the night kill belong only to Smog until he is eliminated?
No and yes.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm This whole case is one big joke.
So is your space-time continuum.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 pm You had to voice your way into an Epignosis vote - I asked Epi what he was doing and he told me "fucking horses." That was me giving Epi a chance to show me he was town. Forced? Bah.
Epignosis said this over 3 hours after you placed your vote.
Jack fucked up his fake rationale ^^^

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If the mafia cannot submit actions for each other, I think that lends solid evidence to Mac's theory of an absentee silencer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Quin »

Friendly reminder that I won't be here for EoD again, but instead of dragging phases out you can send in your night actions from the minute the poll closes and we'll do it all that way.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”