Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 14

Re: gwilikers6 - Interrogation Room

Post by gwilikers6 »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:42 am How old is Murph? he's super handsome. He'd make Lizzy a fine husband, fo' sho'.
He’s almost 3! Is Lizzy your cat?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 am Which is the greatest state in New England?
It’s New Hampshire. I have my pride.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 470

Post by dunya »

I have no idea what the photo is so small!

gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I approve of this cat.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

gwilikers6 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 am Which is the greatest state in New England?
It’s New Hampshire. I have my pride.
This is true.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you ever climb mountains? What’s the best one? Or do you have any particular site/landmark that’s your favorite in New Hampshire?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's your favorite book in the whole world?
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:37 pm Do you ever climb mountains? What’s the best one? Or do you have any particular site/landmark that’s your favorite in New Hampshire?
I’ve been pretty out of shape most of my life, so I’ve never been much of a hiker. Thanks to my job being physically demanding now, I’m in the best shape of my life so I’m kinda hoping to get into mountain climbing now that summer’s coming. My favorite natural spot is Pisgah State Park over in western NH by Keene. There’s about a 30 minute walk through the woods to get to a really nice secluded pond with high rocks to jump from and stuff. A great spot to go with brews and bros. Keene itself also has a nice short trail through the woods up to the top of this tall hill/small mountain with a great view overlooking the town. Also, although I did see the Old Man before he fell and loved him, I’ve gotta give a shout-out to the Indian Head Rock Profile, which I always thought was much cooler looking.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm what's your favorite book in the whole world?
I’ll narrow it down to 3: Crime and Punishment, Dune, and The Hobbit.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Aeris - Interrogation Room

Post by dunya »

Thanks for answering this week's questions [mention]gwilikers6[/mention], and ftr, I say your username as gwil-ee-kers. hahaha.

Aeris Interrogation

For the next interrogation, let's welcome discord favorite and one of my favorite people the fashionista Aeris to the hot seat! Discovered by the lovely [mention]juliets[/mention], Lenny hasn't played a game on the Syndicate yet but discord regulars are very familiar with her and consider her a big part of the community! Can't wait to dish out some questions and get the rest of ya'll introduced to this charming angel. :biggrin:

[mention]Aeris[/mention], to get things started: I'd like everyone to know what are you studying and what made you pursue it?

do you have any pet peeves?

what's your go-to ice cream flavor when you're feeling down?

I know you visited [mention]Kylemii[/mention] recently. What was the best and worst things about your trip there? :biggrin:

do you consider yourself more girly or more tom boyish?

ok everyone, get your interrogation hats on and don't go easy on the girl. ;)
Aeris
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Aeris - Interrogation Room

Post by Aeris »

Hi dunya! Thanks for doing this <3

As for what I'm studying, I'm an English and Piano Performance double major, minoring in Philosophy. I'm using English as a Pre-Law degree.
To give a general overview (I can elaborate about this if you guys are interested!) I'm very passionate about law, criminal justice reform, and creating a sort of environment in the US that is no longer couched in systemic injustice. I believe in restorative and reformative justice rather than incarceration and sentencing as punitive justice. To this end, I would like to become a different sort of prosecutor, and am pursuing an internship with a justice and research institution that works together with prosecutors and other people in law. I'm also doing piano because I've played since I was five, and I really enjoy music and the joy it gives other people. I decided to major in it also because teaching piano would be great to do in between undergrad and law school, and I would like to continue playing piano at a professional level. (I also intend to never retire, so piano would be great to teach when I'm old and gray :P)

My major pet peeves include:
a) When people mix up words when they're writing, such as there, they're, their (along with other grammar mistakes)
b) I'm not sure this would count as a pet peeve, but people speaking so loudly and so often that they don't give others a chance to speak. I don't mind being interrupted as much as never getting a chance to say what I want to (and I hate interrupting others in casual conversation!)
c)

I really enjoyed going to Seattle and meeting up with @Kylemii and a few other friends. Best parts of the trip: can I say everything? Haha! The food was great, the parks and the wildlife were so beautiful, everything was within walkable distance, I enjoyed every single tourist attraction and shop I went to, and I met a lot of new friends and got to catch up with the old. The worst parts of the trip: seeing Seattle's large homeless population and feeling really terrible about not being able to do anything about it. Realizing that I felt uncomfortable around them and that I still have this bias that I need to fight against and work against. That's probably more serious than you were anticipating, but it's out there now! Another more light-hearted worst part was that I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do, and the city was pretty expensive to stay in for even a week.

I'm a mix, probably. When I was younger I was definitely a tomboy - I was the leader of a group of other children who were all boys but me, or so I'm told, back in my hometown. I was pretty rough and tumble, but I never hated wearing dresses or anything like that. I love to dress up and I love fashion, and always have, so I'd say that's girly? I know I had a real big complex about the color pink, because that's the epitome of girly to me, for some strange reason. To this day, I don't like a lot of pink, but it's okay in small doses.

:P
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

Oh whoops, I never finished c.

Let's say that was intentional and that I have another pet peeve that I totally can think of right now but am hiding from y'all. :ponder:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]Aeris[/mention] I'm so impressed with your choice of a career. How and when did you become interested in restorative and reformative justice? And are there certain law schools you are interested in? What are they? Finally, the $64,000 question: when are you going to mafia with us?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, [mention]Aeris[/mention]! I'll throw some more questions at you. They'll be mostly music-related because that's how I roll and I'm not creative with these things, sorry. :p

- If you could instantaneously learn and master any instrument (besides the piano), which instrument would it be and why?
- What genres (or subgenres) of music are you interested in?
- What are some of your favorite artists / composers / bands?
- If you had to pick "desert island" albums, what would they be? (can be top 5, 10, 15, 20, whatever you are most comfortable with)
- Have you been to any concerts? If so, what was your most treasured experience and why?
- How do you feel about minimalism in music composition?

Alright, I tried to brainstorm non-music ones and here's what I came up with:
- If you could visit any place within the U.S. you have never been right now for say, a few days or a week or so, where would it be and why?
- Same question as above except outside the U.S.?
- What are some of your favorite foods?
- What is your least favorite food(s)?
- Do you have any fears or phobias?
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am @Aeris I'm so impressed with your choice of a career. How and when did you become interested in restorative and reformative justice? And are there certain law schools you are interested in? What are they? Finally, the $64,000 question: when are you going to mafia with us?
Hi juliets!

I became interested specifically in restorative and reformative justice after I took a course in college about the idea of crime. We studied methodologies for preventing crime, looked at the commonalities between people who were committed petty crime versus more severe crimes, and looked at the effects of a poor family structure, lack of connections to social institutions like school and church, and etcetera. The conclusion wasn't that some people are naturally born more likely to be criminals. In fact, the common story is that someone is born into a situation in which committing crimes is easy, you have many opportunities to do so, and it's difficult for you to stop once you start because of the long memory of the criminal justice system with regards to a criminal record. Realizing that even if people wanted to do the right thing and break out of the loop of committing crimes, going to jail, and committing crimes again once released, the entire system was rigged against them -- that led me to think that there must be something that could be done differently about crime and punishment. Although breakthroughs in reformative justice are few, it's definitely an area that needs more work and more funding from the government to explore. Restoration that incorporates the community, the victim, and the justice system working together could help reduce recidivism (which is people committing crimes who have done so before) and would be an alternative to condemning the person who commits a crime.

There are law schools I'm interested in! But I'm leaving it at that, because it depends on my LSAT score (how high it is, haha).

I will play mafia eventually with you guys, promise! Let me know when something interesting comes up. I almost played Fire Emblem Mafia because I love FE.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Thanks Aeris, very interesting and I hope you are able to make inroads with respect to reformative justice. If anyone will you will.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Aeris[/mention], do you think marijuana is worse than alcohol?
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 am Hello, Aeris! I'll throw some more questions at you. They'll be mostly music-related because that's how I roll and I'm not creative with these things, sorry. :p

- If you could instantaneously learn and master any instrument (besides the piano), which instrument would it be and why?
- What genres (or subgenres) of music are you interested in?
- What are some of your favorite artists / composers / bands?
- If you had to pick "desert island" albums, what would they be? (can be top 5, 10, 15, 20, whatever you are most comfortable with)
- Have you been to any concerts? If so, what was your most treasured experience and why?
- How do you feel about minimalism in music composition?
- I would want to instantaneously learn and master MANY instruments. My top picks right now are probably acoustic guitar and then drums. I already play/have played violin, viola, and harp, so I'm not going to count instruments I play decently well. Flute is also a fringe choice.
- So many... let me give you a broad overview:
power metal
prog rock
tasteful screamo (lol)
witch house
EDM
a capella stuff
twelve-tone music
modern atonality
Impressionist music (classical)
indie classical
indie rock
cool jazz
bebop
indie pop
some rap

-favorite artists/composers/bands, ohhhh boyyyy:
Francis Poulenc
Fryderyk Chopin
Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel
Amy Beach
Caroline Shaw
Judd Greenstein
yMusic
Purity Ring
Glass Animals
Akiko Shikata
Alan Walker
Christina Perri
Marshmello
ELO
Fleet Foxes
Yiruma
Gabrielle Aplin
Hillsong Worship
Boubil and Schoenberg (Les Mis)
Owl City
Pentatonix
Regina Spektor
Sara Bareilles
Tides of Man
Steam Powered Giraffe
Vampire Weekend
Telepathic Teddy Bear

-desert island albums... I need all of them??? I'm going to cheat a little with the classical music ones...:
Beyonce, Lemonade
Christina Perri, Head or Heart
Purity Ring, Another Eternity
Regina Spektor, What We Saw from the Cheap Seats
Sara Bareilles, The Blessed Unrest
Tides of Man, Empire Theory
Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment, Surf
Owl City, Ocean Eyes
Taylor Swift, Fearless
Taylor Swift, Speak Now
All of Mozart's Piano Sonatas
All of Chopin's Nocturnes
All of Mendelssohn's Songs without Words
All of Hindemith's Concertos
All of Schubert's art songs
All of Poulenc's melodie
Poulenc Flute Sonata
Schoenberg Verklarte Nacht
The entire soundtrack of A Very Potter Musical (1)
The entire soundtrack of West Side Story
The entire soundtrack of Les Miserables

-I've only been to classical music concerts. My favorite one must have been when I got to hear Marc Andre Hamelin play. He was marvelous! Another favorite concert that I got to be a a part of was a pops concert that had members of the original cast of Les Mis singing!!! So amazing. Hearing Terrence Mann sing "Stars" was just so beautiful. It's my absolute favorite Les Mis song.

-I both like and hate minimalism in music composition, depending on how it's used. Minimalism a la Philip Glass? Hard pass. He reuses and repeats things so often that I get so sick of his music. It's fine to use a small amount or a limited amount of musical elements, but there still needs to be some variation that creates interest. If it meets that requirement, then I'll enjoy it. Generally, though, I'm a fan of things with hidden complexities and I love polyphony.

I'll get to the non music related ones in the next post.
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

Alright, I tried to brainstorm non-music ones and here's what I came up with:
- If you could visit any place within the U.S. you have never been right now for say, a few days or a week or so, where would it be and why?
-I'd want to go to either Yosemite or Yellowstone National Park. Or both. Definitely both. I love the beauty as far as I've seen in the photos, and I like hiking. I also really like exploring nature and taking a million photos with my <3 Nikon.

-I've always wanted to go to London, because I'm a huge Shakespeare nerd, and because I love tea, scones, and British accents. I also like museums and historical buildings, and London's got plenty of those. I want to visit the places I've read about. Such nerd. Ahhhhh
OR I would like to go to Vienna. I want to see the birthplace of Mozart, and also check out the museums and composer gravesites/homes there. Plus, I'd want to go to the Vienna State Opera, and also go hear the Vienna Philharmonic. Ahhhhhh
OR Venice. I want to go on a gondola ride, eat lots of yummy food, go to many bakeries, and take pictures. Also, I'd probably buy a lot of Venetian glass beads.
-Favorite foods: dark chocolate, red bean Chinese/Japanese/Korean desserts (buns, pastries, mochi, ice cream, etc, etc), green tea desserts, chai, Shoofly pie, lava cake, tiramisu, pork buns, xiao long tang bao (soup dumplings), ba bao zhou (red bean + other yummy bean sweet porridge/soup), zha jiang mian (really yummy noodles in this amazing sauce), kao fu (this slightly sweet and salty tofu thing that's just plain delicious), zong zi (sticky rice filled with meat and veggies), ci fan (Shanghainese specialty, sticky rice with pork rou si (which is a dried meat) with a little bit of sugar), bubble/boba tea (white peach, lychee, mango, green tea, red bean are all great flavors, + bubbles), curry, crab cake, Pad Thai, Thai tea, this one spicy fried eggplant recipe from this particular restaurant, this one breaded eggplant recipe from another particular restaurant, rockfish, Beijing kao ya (Beijing fried duck served with all the side dishes), Korean bbq.... and many more >.< I can't choose.
-Least favorite: mushrooms + related fungal family, papaya, durian, guava, bananas
-Whenever I'm eating, I'm always on the lookout for mushroom presence. I'm always suspicious that there might be a mushroom lurking in my food.
Other fears/phobias I have I don't really want to get into, as they're not that light-hearted.
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:24 pm Aeris, do you think marijuana is worse than alcohol?
It's not really a matter of worse.

Is it worse for you? I don't think that's a matter of opinion. I'm not informed enough to know about the health effects of marijuana vs. alcohol stack up. I am sure that with enough research, I would be able to come to an informed answer, and one that is objectively accurate.

Is it morally worse? It's a matter of degree. While I would not use marijuana myself as I dislike the smell, and don't really want to deal with snuffling like I've got a permanent runny nose afterwards, I also don't drink (except for a rare occasion like on vacation when hanging out with some friends. And I'll have 1 drink max). I think doing anything to excess is morally reprehensible. Drinking responsibly should be your goal, and drinking should not control you. Similarly, if you decide to use marijuana, do it responsibly and with full awareness of how it could affect your health. I don't really see a real moral distinction between marijuana and alcohol, as they are both mind-altering substances and are technically drugs.

In terms of legality, marijuana is not legalized in all 50 states. If you want to use it recreationally, you should abide by the law and just move if it's really that important. However, if it's that important, maybe you should rethink your life decisions because you might just be addicted. In terms of legality with regards to underage drinking, respect your local law. The alcohol law in the US is loosely based off of childhood/adolescent brain development. Before a certain age, drinking alcohol impedes brain development and has other potentially negative consequences on the pre-adult brain.
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 pm Thanks Aeris, very interesting and I hope you are able to make inroads with respect to reformative justice. If anyone will you will.
thank you, juliets!
Aeris

Post by Aeris »

*as an addendum to the marijuana vs alcohol question, I realize that not everyone lives in the US. As such, laws may be different. I'm not as familiar with the laws of other countries especially in regards to drugs, so I can't speak to that.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

wolbre04 - Interrogation Room

Post by dunya »

Thanks for playing a round of interrogation room [mention]Aeris[/mention], and I hope we get to play a game with you soon! <3

wolbre04 Interrogation

For the next interrogation, let's welcome The Syndicate's new favorite member and my newly adopted son, the humorous wolbre04 to the hot seat! Recruited to us by the charming and often mislynched [mention]sig[/mention], you wouldn't believe it if you knew wolbre aka Brennan hasn't played that many mafia games....because he's that good! Just recently, he finished up Assassination Classroom, a side mission hosted by Quin, and his very first scum game which he completely rode through smooth sailing. Yep, this guy is gonna be a blast. Apart from playing mafia, my son loves soccer and also makes some amazing things through his talent of pottery which I think he'd share with you if you asked him nicely. Welcome to The Syndicate again, wolbre, and it's a real treat having you here. <3

[mention]wolbre04[/mention], to get things started: I know you're in your senior year of high school. what are you looking to study at college (if you're planning to do that)?

have you traveled much? where to? (inside or outside the US)

do you prefer winter or summer?

do you think men should wear speedos at the beach?

what's your fav genre of music and a few bands you always listen to?

ok everyone, let's make wolbre04 squeal as much as possible. the more tmi the questions, the better. :biggrin:
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Re: wolbre04 - Interrogation Room

Post by wolbre04 »

Hi there guys and gals! Thanks for the chance to "Face the Chair" and talk about myself a little bit :D
Here's the two goofiest pics I could find of myself:
Edgy teen with tomato colored skin
Angsty Minnesotan
-I'll be attending the University of Minnesota this fall, and will be initially focusing on general credits before I get working on my degree. The college is only ~20-25 mins from my house, so I'll be living at home to hopefully save some sweet dinero. I'm looking into potentially studying a variety of things: Foreign relations/International Business (As I participate in a North American Model UN organization), Intelligence/Cyber Security for a government job, or Criminology/Criminal Deviance/Criminal Psychology to work as a profiler or someone who works with high level, dangerous criminals in our prison system or with INTERPOL
-I have traveled a lot actually! I filled out a map online here, and checked and confirmed I've been to 44 states! All except Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Mississippi! My family always took lots of road trips and I can remember most states at least a little. My favorite road trips have been to California and Texas!
In terms of international destinations I've been to Canada multiple times )as I'm only 5 hours away) and this January I went on a cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize, and Mexico! Belize and Honduras were gorgeous and we got to swim with sharks and stingrays (and even fed hot dogs to an eel lol) and swam with manatees (they're chubby and adorable). Otherwise we went to Italy when I was probably 5 but I don't remember it much.

-I prefer Summer by a longshot. I'm a bit of a bitch when it comes to cold weather and I love to complain about it. I've also always played Summer sports, and tanning out on a field is far more preferable to my lips freezing shut trying to shovel my driveway. I also enjoy going to the lake during the summer, as well as playing ultimate frisbee, soccer, beach volleyball, or kickball with the dudes lol :keys:
Winter is pretty from inside my house where I can sit on my couch with a toasty fleece blanket, have my dog on my lap, put a record on, and sit there drinking tea like a basic bitch.

-If said man is under 30 then by all means he can go for it. I actually bought and wore a speedo to a beach party once, and I think what people don't realize is that it's far worse getting sand up inside the elastic band or the leg opening than it would with regular swimtrunks. Because it's like having a bunch of itchy crap pressed hard against your thighs. But for those that wanna wear them, more power to em :P

-My taste in music is honestly really weird for someone my age. Spotify had something around New Years that detailed your playlists, most played songs, artists, etc, and it said my music matches that of 50 year olds lol. I really enjoy Rock and Motown music, maybe even sprinkle some disco or pop in there, personally. I like Madonna, MJ, Diana Ross, Van Halen, The Cowsills, Rolling Stones, and the Bee Gees. I used to play the drums in a band a few years back, but I eventually didn't have the time to continue playing, so I have a soft spot for a good backbeat in songs. Additionally, I collect vinyl records as a hobby I guess. Hearing them crackle a bit as the needle hits the disc is like opening christmas presents to me. It's so satisfying hearing a crisp sound and imo is far better than digital releases of songs. When you can feel the grooves in the record and hold it in your hand, it's pretty special imo.

-Regarding the Soccer, Pottery, and hobbies for those interested:
I started playing soccer when I was probably 4, meaning I've played over 14 years (78% of my life) of soccer and really have a soft spot for it. I'm a defender at heart, and play outside right back. I am a fast player, and my play is more athletic looking than beautiful and fancy. I've been all over the US and Canada for tournaments, and also played at a Varsity level in High School for 2 years.
In terms of hobbies/clubs I participate in: I do Model UN and got to visit the UN in NYC last summer. This year I represented the Philippines and the previous year, Hungary. I also do Knowledge Bowl - think Jeopardy/Trivial Pursuit but in teams!
Pottery is one of my fav classes and I really think it's the BEST artform, because unlike many other fields, you don't get to use your art and fully appreciate it each and every day like you can pottery.
Some of my work:
A Wolf sculpture I made by hand
I've made all sorts of stuff: Spoon rests, pitchers, mugs, cylinders, bowls, vases, platters, etc
Making a piece usually takes about 10-15 mins to make the basic form before you add any handles, lids, etc, like so:
A vase and spoon rest I made Wednesday, waiting to dry
Once it dries, you put it in the Kiln once, leading to a bisque form (Think of this as what you think of when someone says ancient pottery in terms of appearance and texture
Very dry and coarse
Then you add glaze to it, and each glaze changes color when fired a second time. For many pieces, you put one glaze on and then another, this produces color mixes when they run:
Notice that some glazes appear especially runny compared to others. In the blue/green bowl for example, I only dipped the top inch (2.54 cm) in that glaze, but it ran roughly 4 inches down (just over 10 cm). On the other hand, the cream colored mug with the rustic brown was also dipped in about 1 inch (2.54 cm) as well, but only ran about 1/3 inch (1 cm). You can also make spirals inside the form when it is on the wheel and wet (you can see this a little bit in the green/blue bowl, but I didn't make one in the mug next to it)
Thanks for reading, and ask away! :D
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How long have you been playing soccer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am How long have you been playing soccer?
he already answered that, since he was 4, so 14 years. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

you're a really busy guy, wolbre! you have so much going on.

what's your most prized vinyl?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:21 pm
he already answered that, since he was 4, so 14 years. :p
Well I wanted to ask it again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

"I actually bought and wore a speedo to a beach party once,"

i dunno if i can still call you my son.

was it a red one? :p
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Catorce Años, as the Spanish say
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm "I actually bought and wore a speedo to a beach party once,"

i dunno if i can still call you my son.

was it a red one? :p
No lmao it was a dark blue with a white streak thing across it
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:22 pm you're a really busy guy, wolbre! you have so much going on.

what's your most prized vinyl?
This one is my most valuable at around $150 USD but it's still a sealed original LP of Immaculate Collection and I won't be playing it anytime soon haha

In terms of most played: I have three E.L.O. albums that I adore: A New World Record, Discovery, and Out of the Blue
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64

Post by nutella »

whoa awesome pottery!! :clap:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

I adore the Electric Light Orchestra. What is your favorite ELO number?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, @[mention]wolbre04[/mention]!

- If you could instantaneously learn and master any instrument (besides the drums), which instrument would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 am I adore the Electric Light Orchestra. What is your favorite ELO number?
Turn to Stone / Livin' Thing / Sweet Talkin' Woman are all tied for first largely because they were from some of the first records I got and I like the sound of ELO, it's unlike any other
ImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 24

Post by lapluie »

Lmfao whoever the admin is here make sure u remove me off the list if you haven't already, thanks.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[mention]wolbre04[/mention]

What is your favorite Radiohead album?
Do you like surfing?
What is your beverage of choice?
When was the last time you left the country you live in?
Do you think [mention]lapluie[/mention] should be interrogated next?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:29 am Hello, @@wolbre04!

- If you could instantaneously learn and master any instrument (besides the drums), which instrument would it be and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
-Guitar, this would be lit to play but I just love the sound, it has texture to it
-10 Desert Island Albums
Synchronicity - Police
Like a Virgin - Madonna
Out of Our heads - Rolling Stones
Thriller - Michael Jackson
4ever - Prince
The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
Hunky Dory - David Bowie
What's Goin' On - Marvin Gaye
Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder
-Billy Joel (I have hearing problems so I have to wear a headset at concerts or i can damage mine worse so it can be lame - I haven't been to many bc of this), I liked it because when he sang Piano Man I feel like everyone simultaneously was one anothers' best friend at at the same time :D
-New Orleans, the culture there especially on Mardi Gras just seems so electric and exciting, we don't have anything like it here in Minnesota
-Tahiti, would love to see Asia and more specifically Polynesia with my bf <3 it just looks so beautiful with waters like sapphire
-I love Mac and Cheese, fish, potatoes, guacamole, anything italian, those Keebler fudge stripe cookies (that are terrible for me but idc)
-Coconut is fucking disgusting, I also don't like honeydew or pig/ham and I don't like plain vegetables
-I'm terrified of the idea of death. Also if I'm in the city I can get this feeling like vertigo when I look up to the top of large buildings, like I'm suddenly falling and dizzy, it's weird.
-Prison. Jk. in 5 years finishing my degree and getting a house and some dogs with my current bf :3 . In 10 a successful employee, maybe running for a small office like city council or state rep, as well as eventually having a kid I think :omg:
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Marmot wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 pm What is your favorite Radiohead album?
Do you like surfing?
What is your beverage of choice?
When was the last time you left the country you live in?
Do you think @lapluie should be interrogated next?
-The Bends but rn I'm listening to this and it's better than the entire album (skip to 0:35)

-Yes, I did it this last January in Belize and Grand Cayman, it took some getting used to but it's a pretty cool feeling once you get the balance down :D (obv we dont have oceans here but lake superior can have some big waves)
-Depends on what you mean. If you mean normal beverage then usually a mix of sprite and orange juice I make in the mornings and sip while I watch the sunrise. If you mean totally legal beverage for an 18 year old sometimes I make myself rum punch when I watch sports or have poker night or gamenight at my house with friends (responsibly of course, I'm not going overboard)
-I left the country 2 weeks ago during the Greece game for a United Nations event in Winnipeg, Canada!
-Yes she could. There's nothing like pressing someone for answers
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's your favorite cartoon?

what goes in your taco?

whats your favorite season?

orange juice with or without pulp?

fav breakfast food?

do you think marmot looks like his avatar?
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 am what's your favorite cartoon?

what goes in your taco?

whats your favorite season?

orange juice with or without pulp?

fav breakfast food?

do you think marmot looks like his avatar?
-I always liked Spongebob and still occasionally watch it just because it's such a braindead funny tv show that I can still laugh at the stupidity of it. Plus, it came out roughly when i was born iirc
-I load that sucker up with beans, cilantro, lime, rice, chicken, corn, sour cream, guac, mild and medium salsa :D
-Summer, always been a warm weather guy and I like sitting in the shade drinking ice tea on my deck with friends. Also, summer nights are party nights ;)
-With pulp bc its better for you and has fiber and stuff so ya don't get all plugged up
-I love omelettes, and usually make one for myself 1-2 times a month. Basically has everything a taco would plus mangos and green peppers and jalapeños too!
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

And yes, buck teeth and all, I think marmot is a humorous rodent with fur
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i have never put mangoes in an omelette but by god does it sound delicious.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

brennan, what's the most awful thing about the world atm?

what's YOUR worst trait?

do you worry about your carbon footprint and do you believe there's a global warming crisis?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 pm i have never put mangoes in an omelette but by god does it sound delicious.
Oh my god, I've never thought of that either but it does sound good. Adding that to the must try list.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 pm i have never put mangoes in an omelette but by god does it sound delicious.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm
Oh my god, I've never thought of that either but it does sound good. Adding that to the must try list.
Theyre fantastic! Depending on how you like Omelettes in general, sometimes you can mash them up and make a paste like salsa, or just using mango salsa itself, otherwise taking a sweet one and cutting it into Julienne (think matchsticks broken in half) style works really well. I would suggest them with diced bell peppers and onions personally :D
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 pm brennan, what's the most awful thing about the world atm?

what's YOUR worst trait?

do you worry about your carbon footprint and do you believe there's a global warming crisis?
-Personally I think that the most awful thing about the world is the discrepancy in standards of living in the west compared to developing nations. Like COME ON! While there are a lot of charities, groups, and individuals doing great things, I think that many countries are hesitant to do more than they currently do because long term they fear they could lose influence/cheap labor/cheap goods and lead to increased competition. It's 2018 ffs lol. This isn't to say everyone should suddenly change his/her lifestyle but rather that govt provide more aide through something like the UN, World Health Org., or World Bank.

-I'm terribly motivated and enthusiastic, which on the surface is hard to see as bad. However, while it's generally great, it often leads to me overworking myself, exhausting myself, and having too many tasks and not enough time. In other words, I can say no in most situations easily, but sometimes I'm almost too willing to do stuff for others when they ask or suggest it.

-I'll answer this in two parts:
Part 1: Yes and No. To some degree I think that it would be great if everyone drove an electric car, had solar panels on their home, and never wasted anything. At the same time, this is not realistic in the current state of most of the world. I recycle, pick up trash if its blowing around, don't destroy nature just because, and I don't pollute intentionally. I would live greener if I could do so without sacrificing happiness, having similar alternatives to what I currently do, and it was affordable.

Part 2: Yes. The thrown around statement that "we're just in a period of warming" is true, but is not natural, instead manmade. Sure, ice ages and such occur naturally, but it is glaringly apparent that the ozone is depleted, greenhouse gases have accumulated in the atmosphere (a helluva lot more than they would without out our factories, cars, etc). Additionally, rapidly rising sea levels threaten populations around the world, including the US but especially Polynesian nations. With the ice caps melting, polar bears, penguins, etc are also declining in population health, as they have considerably less living space and rely on the land for food. So yes, at a minimum, the fact that people's lives are at risk and entire islands could be destroyed (via being submerged) should be concerning and is therefore a problem/crisis.
Agriculture is a huge problem due to fertilizer and so many cattle. And Organic farming is not as good for the environment as you may think, bc it takes a serious amount of more fertilizer, water, and natural pesticides and produces less than GMOs, for example
I think that govts all over should incentivize less carbon footprint activities such as monetary incentives for recycling, etc.
I actually read an article the other day that China is trying to be "progressive" and replacing coal with natural gas power in many of their cities. This is great! However, there are 3 pretty big problems not necessarily obvious to this:
1. The people cannot afford said natural gas power
2. The transportation, creation, and upkeep of the facilities used for the gas are run by coal LOL
3. The govt isn't mandating or subsidizing it. They are building pipes to most homes in the urban areas, yet most aren't pumping any gas bc it is not favorable for most people to coal
See the problem here?
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 am
dunya wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:45 pm brennan, what's the most awful thing about the world atm?

what's YOUR worst trait?

-Personally I think that the most awful thing about the world is the discrepancy in standards of living in the west compared to developing nations. Like COME ON! While there are a lot of charities, groups, and individuals doing great things, I think that many countries are hesitant to do more than they currently do because long term they fear they could lose influence/cheap labor/cheap goods and lead to increased competition. It's 2018 ffs lol. This isn't to say everyone should suddenly change his/her lifestyle but rather that govt provide more aide through something like the UN, World Health Org., or World Bank.

-I'm terribly motivated and enthusiastic, which on the surface is hard to see as bad. However, while it's generally great, it often leads to me overworking myself, exhausting myself, and having too many tasks and not enough time. In other words, I can say no in most situations easily, but sometimes I'm almost too willing to do stuff for others when they ask or suggest it.

-I'll answer this in two parts:
Part 1: Yes and No. To some degree I think that it would be great if everyone drove an electric car, had solar panels on their home, and never wasted anything. At the same time, this is not realistic in the current state of most of the world. I recycle, pick up trash if its blowing around, don't destroy nature just because, and I don't pollute intentionally. I would live greener if I could do so without sacrificing happiness, having similar alternatives to what I currently do, and it was affordable.

Part 2: Yes. The thrown around statement that "we're just in a period of warming" is true, but is not natural, instead manmade. Sure, ice ages and such occur naturally, but it is glaringly apparent that the ozone is depleted, greenhouse gases have accumulated in the atmosphere (a helluva lot more than they would without out our factories, cars, etc). Additionally, rapidly rising sea levels threaten populations around the world, including the US but especially Polynesian nations. With the ice caps melting, polar bears, penguins, etc are also declining in population health, as they have considerably less living space and rely on the land for food. So yes, at a minimum, the fact that people's lives are at risk and entire islands could be destroyed (via being submerged) should be concerning and is therefore a problem/crisis.
Agriculture is a huge problem due to fertilizer and so many cattle. And Organic farming is not as good for the environment as you may think, bc it takes a serious amount of more fertilizer, water, and natural pesticides and produces less than GMOs, for example
I think that govts all over should incentivize less carbon footprint activities such as monetary incentives for recycling, etc.
I actually read an article the other day that China is trying to be "progressive" and replacing coal with natural gas power in many of their cities. This is great! However, there are 3 pretty big problems not necessarily obvious to this:
1. The people cannot afford said natural gas power
2. The transportation, creation, and upkeep of the facilities used for the gas are run by coal LOL
3. The govt isn't mandating or subsidizing it. They are building pipes to most homes in the urban areas, yet most aren't pumping any gas bc it is not favorable for most people to coal
See the problem here?
Regarding #2, it's my worst trait because it allows people to take advantage of me sometimes
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Last day of wolbre's interrogation, ya'll. Get those last minute questions in before our next (rare) special female guest appearance tomorrow!!

Return to “Welcome to the Family”