U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 4

Post by Epignosis »

Hey everyone, I'm sorry I've gotten behind in the count. May-June is the busiest time of the year (assuming we don't make the playoffs). I'll be getting caught up and try to offer important color commentary. Stay tuned.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

Whew

I'm actually here and nothing is happening.

Nice.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool - Surprisingly I haven't felt scum on this one. I'd not be opposed to the lynch, just on Dunya's instincts, but meh
Dragon D. Luffy - who?
Epignosis (Charlie Blackmon) - def town stump yo
insertnamehere - who?
Kites - . . . who?
lapluie - I don't disagree with Luna that lap is sketchy. And she's mostly inactive. If we kill any inactives, it should be her, because she has seduced Mac into letting her live.
Long Con - I like all of his recent content.
Lunalee - Big fat shrug. She's playing like she does as town. Haven't seen her as mafia tho. It would take a heck of a case to convince me to lynch her, given her game record.
motel room - :|
Sloonei - I know he's not playing seriously, and that makes him unreadable. I can't help but feel that he'd put a little more oomph into it if he had mafiamates depending on him.
speedchuck - So town he's got meta town alignment
Turnip Head - unreadable, but in a good way.
Zephyrus - turnip head's point about him tiptoeing around the thread is apt. A point in turbups favor, and against zeph

I have not done any rereading. This is all I have atm
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lap and Zeph are my top lynch candidates
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:26 pm iNH and motel room are the baddies if the game is easy

If the game is hard then it's somebody else...

I'll be around more on Monday tbh

#turbupthoughts
Three dead from ISIS Cream and one dead from Al-Pieda. Assuming four players per baddie team, that's still four left to eliminate. So I guess that makes this a hard game.
Some of the baddies are likely kidnapped tho. Hopefully some from nova's faction.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lunalee wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:49 pm So I want to investigate Lapluie today. I remember she was so close to being mod-killed for inactivity on night 2, and then popped into the thread just in time to survive. It would make sense that she's scum, and her teammates contacted her before she could be mod-killed.
Could see this. In Assassination Classroom we had three inactives, and the one who came back later was... the one who had teammates (Mac) to call him to come back.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Lunalee »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 am
Lunalee wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:49 pm So I want to investigate Lapluie today. I remember she was so close to being mod-killed for inactivity on night 2, and then popped into the thread just in time to survive. It would make sense that she's scum, and her teammates contacted her before she could be mod-killed.
Could see this. In Assassination Classroom we had three inactives, and the one who came back later was... the one who had teammates (Mac) to call him to come back.
Except she claims Mac messaged her. So I don't know if it's the best argument for a Lapluie lynch.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Every relevant post from nova about living people.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
Very little. I had some mild suspicion of him stemming from his interaction with Colin.
What exactly in his interaction with Colin piqued your scumdar?

Also, what do you make of Colin from the same interaction?
I felt their argument was more semantic than substantive, and Golden's accusations that Colin was misrepresenting him fell flat with me.

I have no issue with Colin to this point.

What are your own reads on both?
Overall, I like both of them so far. Golden more than Coling, though. Townies that are calling out what they see and aren't scared of being wrong. I don't enjoy much the mechanical aspect of solving the game since it's very NAI for me, but they seem to be taking it to heart.

One thing about Colin, though. I'm not following Colin's attempt to enter the interaction between Dunya and Golden. I didn't like that and it felt out of place. It was also as non-committal as it can be, because he admitted not having followed it entirely. So he didn't know the origin of their disagreement and thus whole conversation.

Golden narrative that about Dunya trying to control the flow of the game, and not letting other vocal townies lead, rubbed me wrong tbh tbf. I didn't get that from her posts and he might have been doing what he accused her of.

What about Dunya?
Real shit thrown on Colin, despite having him as civ read. Looks good for Colin. Especially since he does the exact same thing to Golden in the next paragraph. Defense of Dunya which looks bad for her.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 am
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:51 am I think nutella is bad, here are some reasons why.

1. she came in innocent enough and made an intro post like the rest of us. she did choose gross runny eggs with salmonella, but that's beyond the point. the first opportunity nutella got was to throw shade at me when jay was reacting to my provoking.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:30 pm dunya is scum.
and I thought you were one of the few who could town-read me accurately. I'm kinda upset. Lizzy too.

oh well. it's not meant to be.
hey we all know what happened in fire emblem. you really can't make that argument anymore :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
2. nutella has a tendency when scum to observe the thread and when things get lit (esp between 2 civs), she'll chip in. she did this in FE and I was scum with her for whatever duration I played and observed her till end game. it's a strategy and it strangely works, because in the heat of an argument, most people don't pay attention to you, but the quips you make add fuel to the fire. see above. she didn't want me to end the argument and added her fuel by reminding Jay how I flew under his radar in FE. she's basically provoking him into reading me as possible scum without actually saying it. calculated and scheming.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm maybe jay and dunya are both scum, who knows?? meta is twisted yo
3. scum nutella also has a tendency to not harp on one person and have no definite reads on them. civ nutella is organically paranoid, with a healthy dose of tinfoil. scum nutella tries to find posts that wouldn't be deemed scummy if she looks into them and also scum reads them. she doesn't build cases of her own accord on someone with no suspicion. she would love to see a high poster like me, Jay or Sloonei or Golden (if he's not on her team), to get lynched early on. see above. she also adds little quips like "yo" "ayy" and similar when she is scum and trying to downplay something.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm Hmm after some thinking/thread development I'm more inclined to think dunya is town and JJJ less so. Still subject to change though. :ponder:
4. fake. she didn't think about shit. how did dunya come off as town and jay looked less town than me? it's all mumble mumble words. she probably decided N1 to kill me if I'm not lynched so what better way to do that when she town reads me.

5. she over uses the :ponder: smiley when she's scum. FE was fulllllll of that shit. I can't unsee it. I'm looking straight into a scum nutella's eyes.

6. I realize that outlining these things will probably make it harder for me to catch a scum nutella in the future, but that's aight.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:09 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:02 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:09 pm Hmm after some thinking/thread development I'm more inclined to think dunya is town and JJJ less so. Still subject to change though. :ponder:
hahaha. and something else that's funny, cos you only have 10 posts yet, but you also did another little scumtell here within those 10 posts that you were guilty of in The Search for Quin and FE. :eye: you're a rotten egg.
sorry what? whatever you're seeing, I'm not scum :shrug:
7. a little while later nutella calls me scummy. she town read me before, she is apologizing to me here, and a little while later, she is seeing scum dunya which she only saw for 1 phase in FE. she also used the shrug emoji, to appear totally clueless, but it's as fake as her little "hmmmm i think dunya is town and jay isn't" from before.
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm I am entertaining dunya and Golden as being on opposing mafia teams.
I believe Golden is probably town. He is confident enough that his role only makes sense as town that it probably is, even though it was confirmed randomized -- since it came up town he can't imagine it as a scum role. He could be faking but that's not the Golden we know, you know?
8. JaggedJimmyJay is supposed to be a less of a town read for nutella than me at this point, yet she engages him just fine about Golden. She doesn't mention me at all. she wants to be in Golden's good shoes. another scum tell for nutella is that she tries to buddy by using TMI. she knows Golden isn't on her mafia team (hey, he could still be on the second one, I ain't clearing Golden that easily), so she tells him exactly when she thinks he'd like to hear. Golden is being reasonable, she's parroting what was already said. and if Golden thinks I project emotion and try to manipulate him, how about that ending there "he could be faking it, but that's not the Golden we know, you know?" ---- I almost shed a tear. :rolleyes:
nutella wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:25 pm A tendency I noticed in dunya's play both in Fire Emblem and Ancient Greece was to speak in absolute terms how a game is constructed (whether its roles or its mechanics) beyond the knowledge a civilian can have or the confidence a civilian should have. Indeed, she was critical of others who considered theories beyond the obvious truth she promoted -- one born of her unique knowledge given her mafia alignments.

Her early stature in this game given Golden's notion of a character submission inspiring a more probable civilian alignment is a suitable parallel. I actually agree with her logic in base terms -- a Mafia game would be in its most proper form, randomized entirely. Mac himself suggested though that this game may be bastardized or otherwise not entirely balanced. There ought to be some room to consider the less obvious or logical possibilities.
:srsnod:

dunya's tone overall sounds very much like her mafia game so far.
9. fake as shit. nutella is being as wiffly waffly as she was in FE, she's not provided one solid reason why I'm bad except piggyback on Golden and JJJ. and coupled with everything else up to this point, I'm gonna bet my right and left paws that she is definitely one rotten egg.

10. I made my nutella case. My vote will stay on her. I'll revisit my other scum reads but I'd love people to weigh in on nutella too.
I like this case a lot. But I have a few questions,

2. What made you think that she was provoking him to read you as scum? He already stated that he read you as such, and she was quoting you and not him, with something that is true (you flowing under the radar as scum).

8. How come JJJ should be less of a Town read to her than you? I'm not following. And even if that were the case, what's the problem with her engaging him about other players?
"I like this case a lot". Possible teammate buddying. Or just being opportunistic with someone else's reads.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:09 am
motel room wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 am Im with the missus now, gonna be social. Comradebob is my pick for quiet scum thus far.
What about him? You've been quiet yourself.
More shit, on MR. Though not particularly smelly shit. Could be distancing.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:56 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 am I like this case a lot. But I have a few questions,

2. What made you think that she was provoking him to read you as scum? He already stated that he read you as such, and she was quoting you and not him, with something that is true (you flowing under the radar as scum).
indirect provocation. Jay makes an accusation to dunya, dunya says "damn jay, I thought you could read town-me better than that", nutella makes a quip about how I shouldn't bring that up after my scum play in FE. regardless of who she was quoting, Jay was going to see it and that's the point.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 am 8. How come JJJ should be less of a Town read to her than you? I'm not following. And even if that were the case, what's the problem with her engaging him about other players?
I don't know how come, but it's what she said and she still hasn't provided anything to back up anything she says:
it's not a problem, but to engage him specifically after I called her scummy only to buddy up with another one of my oppositions (Golden) and still not give any read on me when she had me and Jay at opposite sides of the pole, so despite her "town read on me" she switches tactics by trying to get him to discuss stuff about food, and turn the heat down a notch...seeing as Jay also called her sudden reads on us fake, then end it all by agreeing with him, and calling me the scum. yea. not buying it. it's completely forced.
All right, thank you.

What do you think of her reaction to your suspicions? Felt a bit aggressive (calling your behavior toxic) and over dramatic.
More friendly discussing. I don't like this.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 am people arguing statistics and how likely it is we'll vote for scum if we lynch 3 people...how about how likely it is the randomizer will put at least 1 or 2 scum in the pool of 8 for us. we are 30 players, we need some focus in our discussions and need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too. I am sticking with option 2.
This is such a weak argument. The probability of the first one is much higher. And it's not only about the probability of lynching scum or not. With 3 lynches, you get 2 additional flips in one phase. That is great.

What do you mean by " we need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too"? Aren't you capable of doing that while having the possibility of lynching 3 of them?

> Focus in our discussions

What does this even mean? This is bullshit. Yes, we are 30 players but just because we have 8 players on the lynch platform, doesn't mean we should spend the time talking only about them. That is a waste of a phase.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:22 am there isn't any very low posters tbh except Zeph and sprityo maybe. everyone's been contributing which is really nice to see. The mod already said inactives will be modkilled, so why waste our time on them? Kenway didn't show up and was promptly replaced by Sloonei.
Why do you think that with the option #6 the lynches are going to be directed at inactives? Don't do already feel good about your baddie list, so why not vote for #6 and push a lynch on 3 amongst those?
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:33 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am This is such a weak argument. The probability of the first one is much higher. And it's not only about the probability of lynching scum or not. With 3 lynches, you get 2 additional flips in one phase. That is great.
no it's not. it's the same reason why a 24/24 game favors mafia imo.

the greatest power town has is time. ya'll might be bored and thinking you want this game over already, but people become easier to read as the game goes on. having 3 independent lynches brings us a lot closer and a lot more info than 3 lynches at the same time on day 2.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am What do you mean by " we need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too"? Aren't you capable of doing that while having the possibility of lynching 3 of them?
yes, but when everyone is a lynching option, focus is scattered between 30 possibilities.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am > Focus in our discussions

What does this even mean? This is bullshit. Yes, we are 30 players but just because we have 8 players on the lynch platform, doesn't mean we should spend the time talking only about them. That is a waste of a phase.
I didn't say we should "only talk about them" -- you're "projecting" and according to my trusty friends, that's a scumtell. :meany:
Well this game isn't a 24/24 one. Time is great, a lynch is better.

Who's "projecting" now? I'm not bored and I don't want this game over already. I can't speak for the other who voted #6 but I don't think boredom is a reason.

Those 3 independent lynches comes with 3 night phases that are baddies greatest power just like the lynch is Town's. What's so bad about gathering the equivalent of that in one phase and giving them only 1 night phase?

What is so bad about a scattered focus? You've been repeating it without explaining why it's bad. What if the people in your bad list aren't option for the lynch? What then?

If there are 30 possibilities, can't you just focus on the person you already suspect?

You did imply it. You're using it as a justification of why one option is better than another. That is the same thing.
They finally have an argument, and it's 100% game mechanics related.

dunya is teammates with nova. Colin is not teammates with nova.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

People asked me to dig Scotty's posts but I don't see a reason why. There is one team that isn't being crushed, and it ain't Scotty's. It's nova's team.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Lunalee wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:16 am
Except she claims Mac messaged her. So I don't know if it's the best argument for a Lapluie lynch.
That's reasonable. Especially since I just cited Mac as an example of a guy who calls people. Could be a good policy lynch still, maybe.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dunya is not Nova's teammate. Not that it matters, because she's vanished.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I don't have a good feeling about motel room. Maybe it's just because he called my posts "new player downs syndrome," but anyway, here's an analysis of his posts:

He defends ColinIsCool twice:
motel room wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:48 am Ok i think colinis cool is cool, not voting him. He has a hunger is what im picking up.

Jjj has done a couole things that are different to what id expect of him - his take on the law votes and something he did when him and dunya were chomping on each other, im on my phone fuck yas. Not voting him cos its been a while and could be how he does now and its been surrounded by a ton of positives.
motel room wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:33 am I cant really do much right now but id be surprised if colin is bad, hold dem hunches
Agrees with ColinIsCool that the JJJ vs. Dunya spat makes them both look scummy:
motel room wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm
juliets wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm You people are insane. But I’m more insane for thinking that JJJ vs. dunya is mafia on mafia.
What do you see that tells you this?
Tinfoil.
I felt that at first because it didnt seem to start naturally but its too early in the game.

I've had this reply open for almost an hour, I can't play this at work anymore
motel room wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:13 am I think dunya looked worse at the start with her vs jjj, her reactions were just like jay said. When i read through it first, it being the first significant blow up, i thought some of the names that popped up to say so and so is civ felt likr where the dodgy non drinkers sit. But i need to read through it again whichever page it was. Man typing on my phone is bullshit it takes ages to shit out a sdntence
Worst of all, he was a fan of narrowing the lynch down to eight players (like who would think that's a good idea?)
motel room wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:03 am
motel room wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 am Hey JJJ, why did you say option #1 was pointless at best?
I don't know what meaningful benefit is granted by having two votes when only one player is lynched. I don't know that it's harmful either. It's just nothing.

Also, you freaking reek.
Eh I thought it was the best one, two votes to force people to commit to and then to read into later. Maybe I'm not thinking it through for like 10 pages but also seemed to me like one you'd be down for.

I kinda like only having 8 too.
The rest of motel's posts are spam, and not helpful to the game. That could be indicative of scum. His actual opinions are pretty safe. Yes, dunya and JJJ looked a bit suspicious from their row at each other. Anyone could safely comment on that. ColinIsCool has been read as town by multiple players. So that is a safe opinion to back. I don't know if this is enough to pursue a motel room lynch, BUT if Colin flips scum, I would definitely suspect motel room as scum.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Every relevant mention of living people of nova
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:26 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:23 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:15 pmboth, I always feel like a rainbow helps organize my priorities which in turn helps me clarify my reads on people for others.
were there any reads in particular that the rainbow excercize helped clarify for you
yeah, TH i had him down as a civ lean, but when i came to doing the rainbow i can't say i had any compelling reasons to civ read him...so it was just more of a i dont have any reason to scum read him and he makes me laugh and is cool so if he's scum, he kinda deserves to win?

it also made me realize i don't feel so good about Lunalee. I've only played a couple games with her (image mafia and ancient greece), but something feels out of place in her posts here.

and of course, moving nova and Colin both to scum piles was surprising for me, but it's where i felt they deserved to be.
nova is cited as bad in a rainbow along with 7 other people. She makes a remark about how this was surprising to her, but she felt like it. Seems forced.
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 am nutella wasn't gonna get lynched, it was a lost cause at that point.
more excuses, quick development.

not buying it.

DDL and nova next at some point I guess. they are my biggest pings after those 3 (colin, nutella, eloh)
Her fourth biggest suspect. :shifty:

I swear this is not supposed to be dunya-centric but it's the only thing appearing in search, other than dead people.
Lunalee wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 5:49 pm
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 am nutella wasn't gonna get lynched, it was a lost cause at that point.
more excuses, quick development.

not buying it.

DDL and nova next at some point I guess. they are my biggest pings after those 3 (colin, nutella, eloh)
Dunya's last suspects before the went comatose. Hmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

:eye:
sig wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:41 pm This is a prewritten message recorded during the unfortunate time period where I should’ve been engaging in a hot orgy, but instead was just kinda
19. Nova has been flying under the radar I suggest a vig hit seeing how good they are at coasting to end game as mafia.
sig wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm I suggest DDL brings back Juliet's tomorrow and we can only assume two more people will be abducted.

I do have some information to back up my ideas on juliets and DDL, but I don't see the point in sharing it yet.

I'd say the vig should hit Nova or Jack.

I'd like to keep a very close eye on Nutella, Golden, and LC
Calls to vig nova. Very good look on Sig.

So Sig is nova nova's teammate. dunya still is. Luna could be.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am
That's reasonable. Especially since I just cited Mac as an example of a guy who calls people. Could be a good policy lynch still, maybe.
Did Mac message her, or did he just say something in the thread?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:48 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am
Did Mac message her, or did he just say something in the thread?
Why are you asking me? I'm just responding to what Luna just told me.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

It was a question for the thread.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:14 pm MINI POLL TIME

I will be mod-killing one person in one hour.

To vote click here.

Here’s the post — lap does conveniently just show up. Hmm
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 1

Every relevant mention by a living player of novaselinenever

(yeah those had to be searched separately)

(this is less juicy that I had expected tho)
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm Wolbre is gut bad and is weird lets lynch 7him.
What about is boob quest?
No clue what that is tbh
Meh interaction. Hard to say if forced or not.
colonialbob wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:33 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am
dunya wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 am people arguing statistics and how likely it is we'll vote for scum if we lynch 3 people...how about how likely it is the randomizer will put at least 1 or 2 scum in the pool of 8 for us. we are 30 players, we need some focus in our discussions and need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too. I am sticking with option 2.
This is such a weak argument. The probability of the first one is much higher. And it's not only about the probability of lynching scum or not. With 3 lynches, you get 2 additional flips in one phase. That is great.

What do you mean by " we need to be talking about people who have no pressure on them too"? Aren't you capable of doing that while having the possibility of lynching 3 of them?

> Focus in our discussions

How many people did we talk about yesterday?
Meh question. Hard to read anything. Typical of Bob. I can never read Bob.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 am My Love Will Not Let You Down:
ColinIsCool
Charlie Blackmon

I Wanna Marry You:
Golden
JJJ

Blood Brothers:
Jackofhearts2005
juliets
Marmot

Point Blank:
colonialbob
Sloonei
Kylemii
Lunalee
novaselinenever
Quin
sig
spirityo
Turnip Head

Reason to Believe:
Dragon D. Luffy
dunya
Kites
Long Con
Scotty
Spacedaisy
speedchuck
wolbre04

Badlands:
nutella
Eloh

Dancing in the Dark:
insertnamehere
lapluie
Lilefer
motel room
Zephyrus
Middle of the rainbow. Meh.

Veredict: Meh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Final note: the people interacting with nova seem to be... the same ones, over and over again. The following people never mentioned or were mentioned by nova before his modkill, and are still alive:

INH
Kites
lapluie
LC
Sloonei
speedchuck
TH
Zephyrus

juliets
Kylemii

Very long list. I'd like to say there are al pieda among here but this is statistically obvious. I'm really hopeful there are 2, maybe even three of them here tho.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am Dunya is not Nova's teammate. Not that it matters, because she's vanished.
I just quoted every interaction between the two. If you have a specific disagreement about the conclusions I took, you can voice it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:51 am It was a question for the thread.
Sorry.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I could do the same regarding the three dead ISIS but right now the effort/benefit ratio seems to high for my tastes.

I'll probably be around for the rest of the day.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:57 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am Dunya is not Nova's teammate. Not that it matters, because she's vanished.
I just quoted every interaction between the two. If you have a specific disagreement about the conclusions I took, you can voice it.
Alignment check

(And no, it's not a cop. It's stronger. Godfather wouldn't fool it.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine NO REASON
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 pm
Alignment check

Meh. That was my biggest lead.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm
Alignment check

Sorry.

Would have told you guys sooner but I was coma-ing
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Luna looks good to me, my top pick is prolly Zeph but I'm listening to other things
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well confirmed town dunya is always an asset.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alignment check

You got any more a those uhhhhhhhhhhh alignment checks on anybody playing
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:07 pm
Alignment check

Yeah.

But nobody that is unvanished.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm
Alignment check

Yeah.

Anybody you would recommend DDL trying to bring back?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

why are you on the computer go outside it's so beautiful!!!

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:28 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:12 pm
Alignment check

Yeah.

Anybody you would recommend DDL trying to bring back?
:ponder: *ponders whether it's wise to say*

Juliets maybe.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Switched back to Z.
Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Zephyrus »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 3:44 pm Switched back to Z.
Can I ask why you all decided to vote for me? If it's because I didn't vote Eloh, that's pretty weak to me. I've never been one to blindly hop on bandwagons, I always vote who I think is scum and, in yesterday's case, it was Colin - and it still is.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Chuck »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:16 pm
Can I ask why you all decided to vote for me? If it's because I didn't vote Eloh, that's pretty weak to me. I've never been one to blindly hop on bandwagons, I always vote who I think is scum and, in yesterday's case, it was Colin - and it still is.
Well... I can definitely tell you that that is NOT my reason, cuz I defo didn't vote Elo either :derp:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm pretty happy with the wagon I'm on today :shifty: Choo choo
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Chuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm I'm pretty happy with the wagon I'm on today :shifty: Choo choo
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 3

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:34 am My feline instincts told me.

But let's look at Colin more now that Eloh flipped scum and nutella flipped civ.

Then Scotty (who I think could be on team nova independent from Colin and Eloh and Lilifer)

And whoever asked if there's more than 2 3ps this game. Yeah I think there are. Also DDL where is he??? No one claims survivor if they're not survivor. That's suicide.
Long Con wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:39 am I may or may not have stopped reading this thread 50 pages ago.

I assume everything's been progressing well?
Yeah, things are cool.... we just lynched lying baddie Elohcin, whose Tardigrade claim was pure bunk. Unfortunately, we also lynched the dynamic nutella, who was a Civ. Tied lynch did them both in. Then a hurricane too out Spacedaisy (Civ), JJJ (Civ), and Jack (Indy). So that was kind of a gut punch, and the thread is still recovering. If you want to be relevant in this new world, perhaps using Elohcin's ISO, and other folks' mentions of Elohcin, to find her baddie teammates.
These two posts bother me because the ISIS group is getting run out of the park. How many teammates does Elohcin have? There are two bad teams (and I don't mean the Padres and the Reds here!), so why is there such a heavy glare at ISIS and nothing with regard to the Pie group from these two?
Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Zephyrus »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:37 pm
Well... I can definitely tell you that that is NOT my reason, cuz I defo didn't vote Elo either :derp:
So, what is the reason then?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 3

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:20 pm I’d theres one big thing to be taken with Elo’s flip it’s that dunya is not on her team, if dunya is even bad. Because Elo wouldn’t target her own teammate N1
Agreed. I guarantee you Elohcin targeted dunya to make it so she would have less to read.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:36 pm
Personally I don't like how upon being explained the case on Eloh, your first reaction was to throw shit on Jay for his claim.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I'm going to go with my lapluie hunch. I don't feel right about a Zephyrus lynch.
[VOTE: lapluie] aubergine
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I feel okay-ish about a zeph lynch. A lap lynch is okay-ish too since she's inactive but it also feels like an easy way out.

I think I'll go with [VOTE: Zephyrus] aubergine
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zephyrus wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:36 pm
Have a look-see at my posts, friendo :) It's not like some huge suspicion but I've posted some thoughts
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:41 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm
Alignment check

Sorry.

Would have told you guys sooner but I was coma-ing
Or speedchuck and dunya are in cahoots and this is a ruse. :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

A really risky ruse. It depends on opposing mafia never murdering either of them, and juliets being a civ.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 0

Post by Epignosis »

lapluie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 am
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm
lapluie wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 pm so much jibber jabber about salad tossing & cat paws what is going onnnnnnnnnnn???
hey lapluie. it's day 0 fun! XD

what or who are you?
A basketball
I would call BS on this (Go Rockets, by the way!), but Elohcin apparently picked, of all things in this universe and beyond, a hammer. :|

Who believes lapluie really picked a basketball?
lapluie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:44 am
Kites wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 am yawn im still alive. why?
I'll do the honors
:ponder:
lapluie wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 pm whew @Elohcin helloo happy to see you :lorab:
lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm I appreciate the investigation Colin made for nutella, I can see how she could be bad so I've caught up a bit to reevaluate the vote decision & im gonna go with nutella
lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 pm @
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 pm Right before the long weekend too, damn. I swear if you guys let me live I will put in the huge scumhunting effort this game deserves next phase because I'll have time.
hmMmMMm
lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:51 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 pm
lapluie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm @nutella you said u wanted to save yourself from being lynched? Bu vote for colin instead of eloh whos in a lead? Am I missing something here do 3 players still get lynched or whoever has most votes help
I don't know that's the problem. I moved to Colin to fight out of second place but idk now
:ponder: I see
lapluie interrogated nutella, more or less dismissed what she said in a way that shows the former was more interested in cementing a stance rather than evaluating one. There is an absence of questioning regarding Elohcin.

In this fourth inning, I have no objections to a lapluie trade. :charlieblackmon:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

(We should tie it up, I love ties)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”