U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 4

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 pm i don't think he even offered the concept of a deal to cbob
Not really. Like he mentioned dealmaking was a thing he did but he never got very specific. Although I also didn't respond that strongly because i was also out of town.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:00 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:23 pm i don't think he even offered the concept of a deal to cbob
Not really. Like he mentioned dealmaking was a thing he did but he never got very specific. Although I also didn't respond that strongly because i was also out of town.
"out of town"?

Also, this is such a fresh infusion into the game. I'm pretty happy to see all of you out... is dunya the only vanished one now? Or did dunya die...? I think she's vanished.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay so if I'm reading this right, it sounds like our vanishees were abducted by a clumsy gang of nincompoops who got nothing accomplished and didn't even have all that much sex. Still a better love story than twilight.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:15 pm
juliets wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm I'm sure sig is not mafia. dunya was also sure he was not mafia.
Why?
It's hard to explain c-bob. We started out suspicious of each other and then the more we shared about how we felt about players in the game the more we saw we were thinking alike. It just became obvious to me the more we talked and shared about ourselves - and we had nothing else to do but talk to each other - that sig was on the level. I feel sure about my read of him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am
"out of town"?

Also, this is such a fresh infusion into the game. I'm pretty happy to see all of you out... is dunya the only vanished one now? Or did dunya die...? I think she's vanished.
As in, last Wednesday I left the city where I live and traveled to another city, remained there until yesterday, whereupon I traveled back to my city of residence. So I was busy doing stuff instead of just sitting on my couch.

I believe dunya is vanished yes. Hopefully she will return.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 am
juliets wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm I'm sure sig is not mafia. dunya was also sure he was not mafia.
Why?
It's hard to explain c-bob. We started out suspicious of each other and then the more we shared about how we felt about players in the game the more we saw we were thinking alike. It just became obvious to me the more we talked and shared about ourselves - and we had nothing else to do but talk to each other - that sig was on the level. I feel sure about my read of him.
Ok, so it's "just" a read. That's what I wanted to know.

Who are you and what do you do?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 am
Why?

I'm a 19th century figure who solves murders (not Sherlock Holmes). That's why Orange told me to prove myself by solving the Marmot murder.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 am
Why?

I'm a 19th century figure who solves murders (not Sherlock Holmes). That's why Orange told me to prove myself by solving the Marmot murder.
Interesting, interesting.

Who should we lynch?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

LC, this is not the first time you've indicated you are not reading the game (underlined below) and I find it highly suspicious. In fact, even though you've been very careful I have a mafia read on you and specifically, I think you are in Al-Pieda. :mafia:

Who do you see as being Al-Pieda at this point?
"out of town"?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 am
juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 am
Why?

Interesting, interesting.

Who should we lynch?
I think Long Con (see above) or there's someone else I suspect of being the vanisher (case to follow).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I just realized it's probably "al-PIEda," like the dessert, not "al-pi-e-da" like you'd pronounce it in Spanish.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head, could you talk to me about these posts?

First starting here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 78#p452378 post number 5043 through 5050. And then this post http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 17#p452817 post #5114.

It sure looks like from these posts that you are the vanisher. All three of us, me, sig and dunya believe that you are he, "the dark lord" as he is called. Please tell me why we should change our suspicion if indeed we should.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also regarding my post above, dunya vanished after this exchange between she and Turnip ^.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Chuck »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 am Turnip Head, could you talk to me about these posts?

First starting here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 78#p452378 post number 5043 through 5050. And then this post http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 17#p452817 post #5114.

It sure looks like from these posts that you are the vanisher. All three of us, me, sig and dunya believe that you are he, "the dark lord" as he is called. Please tell me why we should change our suspicion if indeed we should.
You forgot about post #5034.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 am
juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 am Turnip Head, could you talk to me about these posts?

That is something to consider. If not you who do you think it is?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 am LC, this is not the first time you've indicated you are not reading the game (underlined below) and I find it highly suspicious. In fact, even though you've been very careful I have a mafia read on you and specifically, I think you are in Al-Pieda. :mafia:

"out of town"?

Well, I'm not in Al-Pieda. I'm just forgetful, it's NAI for me. Colin, motel, Lunalee. These are the people I think we should be focused on, and my vote will likely go to one of them.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:40 am

That is something to consider. If not you who do you think it is?
I really have no clue juliets. I mean... who calls themselves "the dark lord"? Is it supposed to be ironic or could he not come up with anything better, or is his role even darker than has been hinted at? And the other kidnapper calls himself King Kong? Who are these clowns? :shrug:

My kidnapper role would be named CreepySexyRyanGosling and we would have an amazing time together.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I want to lunch sloonei. His gimmick is wearing thin and I think he's coasting :keys:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Kylemii wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 pm im just gonna hope that we are in dawn i guess

cave daddy told me that sig had figured out who he was. he mentioned that he'd made a deal with sig that in exchange for sig keeping his identity a secret and pushing disappearer suspicion away from him if he was released somehow that he'd let sig choose who was kidnapped next (me), that seemed like a weird contradictory deal but I just kinda ignored it. later on he revealed that aig had revealed his alignment to him and that the deal was actually that sig would agree to have his team not kill zeph and to draw kidnapper-being suspicion away from zeph, in exchange for zeph trying to target civs or..... something... I didn't really understand all the details, but if zeph was telling the truth they had a basic mafia-rogue partnership going on, and I don't know if he told me everything. he said he was telling me all this because he didn't think sig was going to be out any time soon butin retrospect I think it also had something to do with the fact that he was facing pressure at the time, though that's mostly conjecture, i thought King Kong was turnip head.

idk if this is old news or not, and it's possible zeph lied for some personal gain loosely relating to his wincon, it just seems like it might be important data point moving forward.
When was this?

I also had btsc with Sig, and he told me the kidnapper was threatening him with telling people he was bad if he made a move against him. This was back in day 2.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:50 pm im just gonna hope that we are in dawn i guess

cave daddy told me that sig had figured out who he was. he mentioned that he'd made a deal with sig that in exchange for sig keeping his identity a secret and pushing disappearer suspicion away from him if he was released somehow that he'd let sig choose who was kidnapped next (me), that seemed like a weird contradictory deal but I just kinda ignored it. later on he revealed that aig had revealed his alignment to him and that the deal was actually that sig would agree to have his team not kill zeph and to draw kidnapper-being suspicion away from zeph, in exchange for zeph trying to target civs or..... something... I didn't really understand all the details, but if zeph was telling the truth they had a basic mafia-rogue partnership going on, and I don't know if he told me everything. he said he was telling me all this because he didn't think sig was going to be out any time soon butin retrospect I think it also had something to do with the fact that he was facing pressure at the time, though that's mostly conjecture, i thought King Kong was turnip head.

idk if this is old news or not, and it's possible zeph lied for some personal gain loosely relating to his wincon, it just seems like it might be important data point moving forward.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but how do you think sig would have been able to figure out that Sexsquatch was Zephyrus?
Aren't them from the same home forum?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:11 am I want to lunch sloonei. His gimmick is wearing thin and I think he's coasting :keys:
I'm reading sloonei as civ. I believe he is experiencing burnout which is what dunya said earlier in the game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh juliets already said it. Good.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am
juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 am LC, this is not the first time you've indicated you are not reading the game (underlined below) and I find it highly suspicious. In fact, even though you've been very careful I have a mafia read on you and specifically, I think you are in Al-Pieda. :mafia:

"out of town"?

Well, I'm not in Al-Pieda. I'm just forgetful, it's NAI for me. Colin, motel, Lunalee. These are the people I think we should be focused on, and my vote will likely go to one of them.
What is the case on Luna? And I've seen a lot of people mention Colin but I never saw a case on him. Did I miss it?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

How is Turnip the vanisher when we know it was Zeph?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

civs, one thing all three of us noticed from the Lost Souls chatzy is there wasn't a lot of conversation last day phase. I feel it's imperative for the civs to discuss what they are seeing, even if the reads are tone reads. The mafia likes it when we are quiet.

Also, can anyone remember who voted for Lap and who voted for Zeph in the last poll? Mac forgot to capture the poll so we need to try and recreate it if possible.

linki DDL: remember there are two vanishers - one was the sex cave and one is the chatzy of lost souls. dunya and sig are still stuck in the chatzy of lost souls. Zeph was the sex cave vanisher.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Why Colin? I've consistently read him as civ.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hmm I hadnt noticed that myself.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It's hard to talk a lot when half the players haven't shown up much. That's not really a rag on anyone, I'm just saying. Also our stump is just sorta sitting in the ground all by himself.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:06 am It's hard to talk a lot when half the players haven't shown up much. That's not really a rag on anyone, I'm just saying. Also our stump is just sorta sitting in the ground all by himself.
Yes, it is hard when there are so many who are virtually inactive. I think Charlie indicated he's been busy but hopefully his time frees up now.

linki: hi dunya! hope the ghouls are keeping you entertained

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I hear dunyas voice but all I see is cats. *taps on the display glass* hello??
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:39 am Image

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’d need to look more but I have an okay gut feeling about the Turnip Head lynch. I was pegging him as teammate compatible with Eloh possibly but his tone does seem ... distanced. Kind of like people said with Zephyrus sort of dancing around the thread at times.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:30 am
Long Con wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am

"out of town"?

What is the case on Luna? And I've seen a lot of people mention Colin but I never saw a case on him. Did I miss it?
Dunya has made a couple on me, but she may have also walked them back after admitting to tunneling.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok thanks Colin. Also, who did you vote for yesterday?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I believe I switched from Zephyrus to Lap.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 4

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm I dunno, Zephyrus has an unfortunate read on me but he feels pretty earnest... lap on the other hand is a lot harder for me to read, but Charlie’s casing was pretty solid. I’m gonna park myself there for now but keep an eye on what’s going on
Yeah.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm pretty sure that even a tomagatchi with the battery taken out could connect enough dots to put me on Elo's team but it still doesn't make it true. In that instance I'm just a wayward civ who thought he was defending a friend.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Oh and don't compare what I'm doing to what I accused Zeph of doing. We may both be dancing but I've got swag in my steps :keys:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 am

When was this?

I also had btsc with Sig, and he told me the kidnapper was threatening him with telling people he was bad if he made a move against him. This was back in day 2.
I recounted events spanning my entire week in the sex cave, so you're gonna have to be more specific.

attempted deal making took place during the first and second day of my sexy cave experience, cbob arrived on the third day, King Kong began talking about his deal with sig in more specifics sometime after cbob showed up, but I'd been trying to ask him about it from the beginning alongside trying to figure out his identity and make him fall in love with me.

how did you have btsc with sig on day 2?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] did you mean night 2?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I haven't mentioned that until now, but I get btsc with people I'm about to rescue.

The idea is that I'm supposed to use it to decide if they are civ or bad. Because I only have to rescue civs.

Actually I only mentioned it now because I didn't notice there were two kidnappers and I didn't want to give this information to the kidnapper before they died. So I kind of messed this up now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

No Day 2.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just now realized how completely alone I've been this game. Everyone's having sexy btsc and none for turbup :puppy:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I forgot also: insertnamehere doesn't have a lot of redeeming posts, and JJJ made a pretty solid meta-comparison which I commented on here:
Long Con wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:29 am Now that you mention it, Colin, insertnamehere doesn't look that great. Pretty low poster, and I guess his role is maybe Tommy Wiseau? JJJ The Civ made a pertinent point on INH that kind of forms my main read on him now:
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:03 am Apart from merely being quiet, I've a reason for concern regarding INH.

U-Pick Vol 1 (INH is unknown)
insertnamehere wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 pm Dunya being annoyed by Golden is reminding me of my treatment of Golden waaaay back in Red vs. Blue, which might've been the last game I played with him. Lots of "stop trying to get the thread to strictly buy into certain viewpoints," followed by "that's not what I'm doing, you obviously don't know my meta." After a bunch of non-stop thread sniping and bickering, it turns out we were potential civvie BTSC partners. (Weeeell, that wasn't the whole story. He was actually an undercover LMS indie. That game really fucked me over.)

Nevertheless, I'm currently reading both Dunya and Golden as town.
Assassination Classroom (INH is mafia)
insertnamehere wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 pm Who is we lynchin INH?
Dunno. I utterly suck at early-game read divination, so I plan on following people I think seem like gen-u-ine townies. I've been getting good vibes from you, JJJ, and Dys. Someone not checking their role PM before posting would draw my ire if it was anyone other than Scotty.
Evil INH has shown a willingness to hand out easy civilian reads to highly active players in the earliest stages -- something I don't recall seeing much of from his civilian self.
Eh, it varies from game to game. Certain things pique my townie-meter, and certain things don't. As you said, I didn't townread anyone early on in the GOC. However, I was more or less present for the entirety of that game, while I was AWOL for a large chunk of Ass Class, and the townreads were a way of deflecting possible attention.

TBH, I feel like the inability to really townread people is a weakness of my civ game, so I'm trying to shake things up a little.

In the spirit of that, here are some people who seem alright to me:
Wolbre
Nutella
Turnip
Daisy
INH has been AWOL for a large chunk of this game, so those townreads are a way of deflecting possible attention.

New rainbow:

Long Con
Epignosis (Charlie Blackmon)
dunya
Turnip Head
colonialbob
Kites
lapluie
Sloonei
speedchuck
Dragon D. Luffy
ColinIsCool
motel room
Scotty
Lunalee
insertnamehere
Zephyrus
Colin I have been back and forth on, sometimes he seems very Civ, and other times he doesn't. It raised my eyebrow a bit when Daisy was interrogating him about what he said about roles and alignments, and instead of answering her questions, he deflected to me "Long Con believed it too!" or something. Zephyrus was pretty adamant that Colin was bad as well, and made some posts that you should read while you're considering Colin. Sex Cryptid or not, I think he was genuinely baddie hunting.

The Lunalee suspicion is mostly gut I guess. I didn't like the results of her eager nova evaluation, because all it did was point at people who were Civ, or at least people who were not Al-Pieda. (Oh shit you're right... I've been saying Al Pee-ay-da in my mind and just realized it's about Pie and rhyming)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not lynching Colin until we have gotten rid of soma Al Pieda people.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You believe he's the last ISIS?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate