Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], are you seriously telling me that you cannot imagine a universe where Marmot is being honest? Consider the implications of your answer, and what must already be clear to anyone reading the thread.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm Because you're Dyslexiscum!
Lol! I haven't been scum for ages! Thankfully, cause I kind of hate it. : p
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, you literally have the word con in your name. Like Long Con. You both are inherently scummasters.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm I don’t think she has the same motive that Marmot has to fakeclaim. Lying at this juncture for her would be bizarre. By the same token, I would have definitely not made myself a target like that, though. It’s all bizarre to me.

To answer your question, I can see chalking this one up to a difference of playstyle that I simply can’t for Marmot, given his motive and the facts of this lynch.
What makes you think Marmot fake claimed? Would you say you are VERY sure of it, or is it just a possibility? Cause unless you are VERY sure, I don't see how that makes sense for Marmot to be faking.
I am at work so I cannot easily rewrite or restate my points, but if you go back a page or two to where Marmot first fakeclaimed, you’ll see why.

I feel very sure of it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Speaking of work, I need to go do some of that, will be back later.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 pm This is not the time to be hung up about this, buuut, are you going to tell me why you have me in the PoE when you clearly don't think I'm scum? : p
A POE should be constructed based on the number of available mislynches PLUS the number of living mafia members, which means mine can be three or four depending upon the unlynchable butt.

I have two names of interest, but I have the freedom to include backups. You're a backup! You're on the scum bench, waiting to be called into the ballgame! Hopefully it's never necessary. :grin:

I do think you look like a civilian in your protests to my case though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm @ColinIsCool, are you seriously telling me that you cannot imagine a universe where Marmot is being honest? Consider the implications of your answer, and what must already be clear to anyone reading the thread.
I seriously do feel that if Marmot is telling the truth, then he fucked up in a major way, and his decision is antithetical to everything I would do in this context and understand about the game. I think that’s less likely than the alternative I’ve proposed.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm ColinIsCool, are you seriously telling me that you cannot imagine a universe where Marmot is being honest? Consider the implications of your answer, and what must already be clear to anyone reading the thread.
I seriously do feel that if Marmot is telling the truth, then he fucked up in a major way, and his decision is antithetical to everything I would do in this context and understand about the game. I think that’s less likely than the alternative I’ve proposed.
Let's say you're right. If Marmot is telling the truth, then he fucked up. Do you think it's possible that he fucked up?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And I know I’m not scum, so given everything else surrounding Marmot, yeah, I think this is the hill I’ll plant my flag on.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm @ColinIsCool, are you seriously telling me that you cannot imagine a universe where Marmot is being honest? Consider the implications of your answer, and what must already be clear to anyone reading the thread.
If you have doubts, I'm not lynch Marmot. I don't understand what you're doing. Fuck what's antithetical. Who's scum and who's not?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], would you be willing to lynch Charlie Blackmon today?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm ColinIsCool, are you seriously telling me that you cannot imagine a universe where Marmot is being honest? Consider the implications of your answer, and what must already be clear to anyone reading the thread.
Let's say you're right. If Marmot is telling the truth, then he fucked up. Do you think it's possible that he fucked up?
I think it’s extremely, extremely unlikely that things happened that way. It is possible in the metaphysical sense and not much else.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I feel Jimmeeey's energy from the latest pages where things is happening is a town energy. It's excitement, I think.

I will go an extra round on Quin and Scotty, I think. I know I'm town, so unless scum is exactly Colin and Charlie, there has to be someone I'm not getting. And I don't particularly think it's Nut or Jimmey at this point in that case.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What is Colin doing though?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm @ColinIsCool, would you be willing to lynch Charlie Blackmon today?
I have him as a townread. I would rather him die than me, but I wouldn’t feel good about it, and I would much rather confirm Marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pmIt is possible in the metaphysical sense and not much else.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

Let's pretend the universe is probabilistic, and that it has been duplicated 1,000,000 times. In how many of those duplicated universes is Marmot Keith Shover?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dizzy, I’m calling Marmot scum.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Like, I feel Colin is me in that game where I got cursed and couldn't tell what was happening. Like, he talks in riddles.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm Dizzy, I’m calling Marmot scum.
Ok.

Not going to lie, I will be very happy if Marmot is scum. : p
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pmIt is possible in the metaphysical sense and not much else.

Let's pretend the universe is probabilistic, and that it has been duplicated 1,000,000 times. In how many of those duplicated universes is Marmot Keith Shover?
Much, MUCH fewer than the ones where he’s fake claiming. I would give myself a 95% chance of being right about this and that may be even too generous to Marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm I feel Jimmeeey's energy from the latest pages where things is happening is a town energy. It's excitement, I think.

I will go an extra round on Quin and Scotty, I think. I know I'm town, so unless scum is exactly Colin and Charlie, there has to be someone I'm not getting. And I don't particularly think it's Nut or Jimmey at this point in that case.
I sorta feel the same way. Jay needed something to latch onto, and two roleclaims, well by golly that's something for him to analyze and talk about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm Like, I feel Colin is me in that game where I got cursed and couldn't tell what was happening. Like, he talks in riddles.
I urge you to read my ISO, I think I laid out my thoughts pretty clearly.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Really have to go now.

This is fun though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Much, MUCH fewer than the ones where he’s fake claiming. I would give myself a 95% chance of being right about this and that may be even too generous to Marmot.
Okay, so you're not Keith Shover.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot, you devil you!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

So your distrust of his claim is based in a fundamental disagreement about strategy/the best thing to do in that situation, not based in any actual mechanical reason to believe he is lying. I think you are projecting your belief that it wasn't a good choice and I think a lot of people disagree with you on that. Not objective or foolproof in the slightest. You can think he fucked up, but it means we're not mislynching him (or lap).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also would love to hear from [mention]Quin[/mention], [mention]Scotty[/mention], and [mention]Charlie Blackmon[/mention], as they're the three that haven't been around to weight in on these events yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: weigh

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What are the claim rules anyway? They were unclear to me. Lap has not explicitly claim, only given targets like Jimmeey and I.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:31 pm
I think it’s extremely, extremely unlikely that things happened that way. It is possible in the metaphysical sense and not much else.
What in god's green hell does this mean
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:41 pm Marmot, you devil you!
:ninja:

Just realized I'm not gonna get any work done before a meeting in 18 minutes, so I'm back. :slick:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:42 pm What are the claim rules anyway? They were unclear to me. Lap has not explicitly claim, only given targets like Jimmeey and I.
This may be important btw.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] , Would you care to share your targets if you're Keith, OR do you think that is entirely unnecessary?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:44 pm @ColinIsCool , Would you care to share your targets if you're Keith, OR do you think that is entirely unnecessary?
* In the case you were Keith. You know.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Easter Mafia [DO NOT POST]

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:26 pm 7) Info-dumping and/or role-claiming is legal. Do so at your own peril

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

In the metaphysical sense meaning, there exists a possible world wherein it’s the case that Marmot is telling the truth. But it sure as hell isn’t this world.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:26 pm 7) Info-dumping and/or role-claiming is legal. Do so at your own peril
Does this include whether you're dentist, christian or both as well?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:41 pm
So your distrust of his claim is based in a fundamental disagreement about strategy/the best thing to do in that situation, not based in any actual mechanical reason to believe he is lying. I think you are projecting your belief that it wasn't a good choice and I think a lot of people disagree with you on that. Not objective or foolproof in the slightest. You can think he fucked up, but it means we're not mislynching him (or lap).
It’s more than a fundamental disagreement. It’s suicide if it’s the truth.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:44 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:44 pm @ColinIsCool , Would you care to share your targets if you're Keith, OR do you think that is entirely unnecessary?
I’m not sure what you’re asking?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think Colin has lost any chance of offering a viable with the post that counterclaim with the post that Jay pointed out and any lack of certainty in his disbelief that Colin has.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm In the metaphysical sense meaning, there exists a possible world wherein it’s the case that Marmot is telling the truth. But it sure as hell isn’t this world.
Do you mean in a world where the roles were assigned differently? Fuck man, I really can't tell if you're claiming Keith or not. If you are just fucking say so already. If not stop sputtering nonsense.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oops, that post broke

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:46 pm
No, as long as someone such as yourself doesn't believe him, the mafia could keep him around to sow doubt.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:46 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm
Does this include whether you're dentist, christian or both as well?
Pretty sure that is an import part of your role, and therefore legal to spew.

I hope that no one else claims (unless they are counter-claiming a power role), because I fear that this game might break if they do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 190

Post by lapluie »

There's no reason for me to lie, I checked marmot day 1 & kept assuming he's bad, but wasn't rrally 100% positive of it. Now that we're kind of on a loose thread, I figured I'd give you guys some information on my part before I die, so take it or leave it, I have8 no motive other than to help town & gather few information that will help us determine who's bad & who's good.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm doing it for the greater good of the town. I don't care if I'm nightkilled if we win.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:51 pm
I'm doing it for the greater good of the town. I don't care if I'm nightkilled if we win.
The doc is infinitely more useful on that score alive than dead.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

I don't think marmot is lying, idunno if he's telling truth either, but by all the other roles he chose keith & not Gladys, idk if colin is lying or if he's keith, this is confusing.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:50 pmPretty sure that is an import part of your role, and therefore legal to spew.

I hope that no one else claims (unless they are counter-claiming a power role), because I fear that this game might break if they do.
I could ask for clarification. It's probably doable without. Game breaking is not fun, but tempting. : p
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:44 pm
I’m not sure what you’re asking?
It's not hard to follow, marmot claimed keith & shared his targets, now we're asking for your targets
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °

Return to “Previous Heists”