Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Moderator: Community Team

Season 2?

Courage 2024: Naugthy Mafia Edition (Yes)
100%
Not getting out of this chair (No)
No votes
Blablabla when's Outpost starting (Pass)
No votes

Total votes: 10
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [NIGHT 4] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:53 am Like, a town-Colin wouldn't be so pissed for "missing" a detail in the thread and then being called out on it, right? He would take it in stride.
What gives you the idea that town-Colin would do that?
idk you seem like a normally chill dude. Like your default mode is chill.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 329

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:00 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 am It’s probably more combative than it needs to be. Sorry. I just don’t appreciate the narrative forming around this lynch and I think others may feel the same. I am partially annoyed by it in the component of people suspecting me for some reason from all this, but such is Mafia.
You say "for some reason", but to me the reasons don't seem all that vague. That phrasing seems reductive to me.
It is reductive.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 303

Post by speedchuck »

TH is like... pursuing. Hunting.

I can't even what is this game now?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:03 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:53 am Like, a town-Colin wouldn't be so pissed for "missing" a detail in the thread and then being called out on it, right? He would take it in stride.
What gives you the idea that town-Colin would do that?
idk you seem like a normally chill dude. Like your default mode is chill.
I try to be. I just reject the ideas that this mislynch was easy to figure out, that anybody is particularly to blame for it, and that I’m bad for suggesting so, and all 3 of those piling up is making me roll my eyes more than normal. If you think my vote looks bad that’s a different beast altogether and I’ll engage you in that, but there’s not a lot to say.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm TH is like... pursuing. Hunting.

I don’t wanna NO U but it gives me a vibe I don’t like. Not what I saw in U-Pick!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm just really bored atm
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm I'm just really bored atm
If I’m not scum, then who might be?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm
Oh sorry I'm not that bored :keys:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm If you think my vote looks bad that’s a different beast altogether and I’ll engage you in that, but there’s not a lot to say.
Where DID you end up voting?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm
Oh sorry I'm not that bored :keys:
That's the Turbup Head we all know and love! :haha: *laughtrack*

*goes to check the OP and see if we have a vig*
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:06 pm If you think my vote looks bad that’s a different beast altogether and I’ll engage you in that, but there’s not a lot to say.
I’m pretty sure I stayed on Blooper since the point it was between me, her and Scotty. I still could vote there tomorrow. She flung stuff at me because I was closevand not necessarily because I looked really bad.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If the scumteam is LC/INH/Fractal/Colin then I want to say I called it riiight here.

Gotta make my predictions.

And while I'm at it, Marmot is Ramses because why not?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] Tell me about Dom
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm @Turnip Head Tell me about Dom
I'm waiting to see more from him
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Colin, I don't suspect you for voting niju. I wanted to lynch niju. I suspect you because you claim to have been SO SURE Scotty was town but then failed to change your vote in order to save him. If you had felt equally meh about both Scotty and INH, then disregarding the Courage stuff (which I still don't see how you didn't get but ok) I would suspect you less because if you were just like whatever between INH and Scotty/fine with either dying, that would make more sense. But you say you thought Scotty was town. I don't think you felt the same about INH, so you should have changed. Maybe you really were too busy to check the status of the poll, but maybe you were letting things happen to leave a tie in order to save INH.

I'm still not sure if I suspect you the most coming out of this. speed is right that fractal and a couple others are just as responsible if not more. I'll see how I feel after the night if I survive. Sorry for coming across as hostile/accusatory about this, I'm just frustrated by yesterday but you are right that we can't redo it and need to move on.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 pm Colin, I don't suspect you for voting niju. I wanted to lynch niju. I suspect you because you claim to have been SO SURE Scotty was town but then failed to change your vote in order to save him. If you had felt equally meh about both Scotty and INH, then disregarding the Courage stuff (which I still don't see how you didn't get but ok) I would suspect you less because if you were just like whatever between INH and Scotty/fine with either dying, that would make more sense. But you say you thought Scotty was town. I don't think you felt the same about INH, so you should have changed. Maybe you really were too busy to check the status of the poll, but maybe you were letting things happen to leave a tie in order to save INH.

I'm still not sure if I suspect you the most coming out of this. speed is right that fractal and a couple others are just as responsible if not more. I'll see how I feel after the night if I survive. Sorry for coming across as hostile/accusatory about this, I'm just frustrated by yesterday but you are right that we can't redo it and need to move on.
I didn’t think for sure Scotty wasn’t scum, but I was very much thinking so based on his saving me the other day. I wouldn’t have voted for him but I do acknowkedge having made no particular effort to save him. I don’t remember seeing an INH wagon form, even if I had posted in the midst of it. Not sure that I did. I understand your rationale pretty clearly now and agree with taking on INH if others do.

I don’t want you to think I’m hostile either, I’ve got no beef my friend and apologize if it looked like I did — I tried hard so it wouldn’t but I also really wanted to say “masturbatory.”
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I realize now too that Marmot voiced suspicion of speed in the same post I quoted that didn’t make sense to me so this whole conversation has been the result of my groggy 7 am misreading so my bad.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If INH is bad we can probably effectively clear these people: Speed, Golden, Kyle, nutella, all of whom voted for him.

We would also want to look most severely at Fractal and Nijuu for late votes on Scotty/not breaking the tie. Other Scotty voters were sig and Dom. I voted with Scotty on Nijuu and can accept being slotted with them.

TH and Marmot voted elsewhere. I’m inclined to think scum had spread votes out so I want people to make GTH of which is scum between them.

If INH isn’t bad, start from somewhere else.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I say “probably” because I can see a scumteam living with bussing INH for civ cred (or rolling the dice on voting there) if he isn’t playing, but with LC gone already, that’s certainly less likely.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m sorry I called you guys masturbators.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I also don’t want this INH thing to just be a done deal, though, so if anybody has any other ideas, shoot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:58 pm I’m sorry I called you guys masturbators.
It's fine. :p

I've got other things to do, so I'm leaving the thread until some other people get in here. We've got like a dozen players left, and only four of them are speaking tonight so far
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well I'm not getting off of my Fractal suspicion yet either. And by "not getting off" I mean, I mean stop calling me a masturbator :llama:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Dom »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:07 am Nothing Blooper said about me is an accurate portrayal of what happened, but sure, go ahead.
Yelling "fake news" is not a defense.
Elaborate.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 am Ugh. I can't believe we specifically lynched not only the most important townie but that he even had a sock that he specifically used to deter us from lynching him. I cannot believe you guys let that happen.
I forgot you've never mislynched anyone in your life.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:31 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:21 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:47 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:02 am I'm way outta context here, but I browsed through the EoD, and have a suspicion of speedchuck from his comments on Courage being a sad puppy without trying to figure out why.
:suspish:

I knew exactly why. I was trying to abide by the no role-claiming/outing rules. Didn't have time to check with Rico if it was okay to say "Hey, Scotty is pretty obviously Courage, could you guys please move."
You only tagged two people to change their votes, and some light pleading to Fractal. Why didn’t you ask me or anybody else who was (even sort of) around?
Dude he asked the thread in general. I changed my vote. Why didn't you? Don't try to shift the blame for this. Take responsibility.
I defended Scotty more than anybody in the thread. I categorically denied the possibility of him being scum. If anybody has a right to come in here and wave the banner of “told ya so,” it should be me.

But that would not be constructive and this is not a constructive dialogue. Scumhunting is constructive. Do that instead of trying to earn righteousness-points.
So if you were around and could tell that the INH train was going to save Scotty and the Niju train wasn't, I ask again, why didn't you change your vote
This post is wonderful.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:51 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am Because I wasn’t really around. I was at the gym. I didn’t know Blooper’s train would have failed, or that INH’s was better. I didn’t even know for sure Scotty was town and I have healthy skepticism for those that claim to have been wiser.

These self-congratulations and invectives launched at all others who did not have the infinite wisdom you apparently possess are not helpful. They are masturbatory, alienating, condescending, betray a good sense of sportsmanship and I’m not convinced they aren’t an obvious avenue for posturing for scum*. In a word, they suck. We can talk about the Scotty lynch all that is necessary in the pursuit of the next Long Con teammate, but we can do without the annoying “Oh my god, you morons, why didn’t you see this obvious conclusion?” stuff. It contributes NOTHING. It’s a team game and the biggest team doesn’t know who its captains are. This happens. Quit acting like Rico came into the thread and said “Scotty is Courage, don’t lynch him!” and half the town did it anyway.

*nutella looks more guilty of this than speed, for the record. “I cannot believe you guys let that happen” — give me a break.
idk what to make of this post. It feels more combative than it should. :confused: As if you're harping on the wrong point or something, idk.
Agree, TH.
While I also found nut's post grating, this feels like "you're suspecting me for the wrong thing" type of complaining.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm TH is like... pursuing. Hunting.

I don’t wanna NO U but it gives me a vibe I don’t like. Not what I saw in U-Pick!
Civs don't give a fuck if you're no-u-ing.
If you have a suspicion, spit it out. If you don't, then put a sock in it. Don't just throw something out there hoping someone else will make points on TH for you.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:13 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm
I’m pretty sure I stayed on Blooper since the point it was between me, her and Scotty. I still could vote there tomorrow. She flung stuff at me because I was closevand not necessarily because I looked really bad.
Differentiate this from your own vote for her.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: [Day 4] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Dom »

TH
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm By fishy agenda I guess I mean it feels like he's being opportunistic with when/what he posts, as opposed to a more open-stance sort of supatown vibe.
I assume this is still your reason for suspecting fractal?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: [Day 3] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Dom »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:26 am I think nutella is bad and whipping up a case to try and make us forget about how close she was to dying. Her tone feels consistently false to me and I have a bad feeling that yesterday was two scummers pitted against each other. I’ll vote for anybody I have to in order to survive today though, because I am 100% not the dude you’re looking for.

[VOTE: NUTELLA] aubergine
Colin had no problem no-u-ing earlier in the game.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I can’t easily cut that quote up, so — I already addressed Blooper’s alleged suspicions of me. I think it’s pretty clear why my ideas move where they do but she goes out of her way to prop it up as arbitrary.

I hesitate to “no u” when it feels like a “no u” because at the base of it is bad play: “I’m obviously a civ, so you can’t legitimately suspect me, so you must be scum!” I try to reject that impulse when it occurs to me that it’s happening unless it helps to amplify or clarify other feelings.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:51 pm TH
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm By fishy agenda I guess I mean it feels like he's being opportunistic with when/what he posts, as opposed to a more open-stance sort of supatown vibe.
yeah but I'm sure I'm not describing it very well :-/

I'll ISO and revisit my thoughts at some point
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And I’m not gonna repeat myself for why I voted Blooper when I’ve ISO’d her and provided rationale in the post where I vote. Go read it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

I understand it. He’s poking and prodding but not doing a lot in the way of pushing the last few phases as if he’s content to let things play out between dueling tow ies.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

something like that
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:11 am Admittedly, while I consider myself to have clearly pushed for INH for clear reasons, and while I still blame everyone because I'm an ass like that...

I didn't start panicking until after EOD. Mostly because I thought we had everything under control.
I concur with this.

I connected the dots that either Scotty or niju was courage specifically because of speeds posts. I just didn’t think I needed to panic because I interpreted fractals post as an agreement to break any tie, not just the three way tie, in favour of lynching inh.

I can’t see any basis on which to flagellate speed I’ve this. I completely understand where his brain was at.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Ricochet »

*two and a half

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention], you are again within hours of missing the Participation Score posting requirement
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 am It’s probably more combative than it needs to be. Sorry. I just don’t appreciate the narrative forming around this lynch and I think others may feel the same. I am partially annoyed by it in the component of people suspecting me for some reason from all this, but such is Mafia.
You're like... 3rd on my list of people that might have been the reason this lynch went south. After Fractal and maybe some others if they were present.

You wouldn't be on the list at all if you hadn't told me I should have tagged you. :p That struck me as odd.

If INH is town, I feel like this is all moot, so let's not get our trousers in a double-knot just yet.
I don’t think it’s all moot. Doing nothing if you know both are town might be meaningful.

Fractal did something earlier in the game which I liked, which was considering who might be bad depending on whether the counterwagon is town or scum. I think we could get merit from this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm If the scumteam is LC/INH/Fractal/Colin then I want to say I called it riiight here.

I had this exact same scum team in mind lol! It would make sense.

But I actually think marmot is in there somewhere...

Fractal/colin would make sense as a duo given the vomps lynch. But I think it’s probably tinfoil, both still seem generally town to me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:02 pm I can’t easily cut that quote up, so — I already addressed Blooper’s alleged suspicions of me. I think it’s pretty clear why my ideas move where they do but she goes out of her way to prop it up as arbitrary.

I hesitate to “no u” when it feels like a “no u” because at the base of it is bad play: “I’m obviously a civ, so you can’t legitimately suspect me, so you must be scum!” I try to reject that impulse when it occurs to me that it’s happening unless it helps to amplify or clarify other feelings.
What's different about the nutella wagon you've abandoned?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

thx brah
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm If the scumteam is LC/INH/Fractal/Colin then I want to say I called it riiight here.

Fractal/colin would make sense as a duo given the vomps lynch. But I think it’s probably tinfoil, both still seem generally town to me.
It might be a bit much for both to be town, but I wouldn't put it past them. I trust nutella and Kylemii right now, and no others.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

*both to be scum
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Here’s mine for INH:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm If INH is bad we can probably effectively clear these people: Speed, Golden, Kyle, nutella, all of whom voted for him.

We would also want to look most severely at Fractal and Nijuu for late votes on Scotty/not breaking the tie. Other Scotty voters were sig and Dom. I voted with Scotty on Nijuu and can accept being slotted with them.

TH and Marmot voted elsewhere. I’m inclined to think scum had spread votes out so I want people to make GTH of which is scum between them.

If INH isn’t bad, start from somewhere else.
If he’s town I think you just unclear people to the degree you’re comfortable with. A Fractal/nijuu team thing looks more plausible there maybe.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm

It might be a bit much for both to be town, but I wouldn't put it past them. I trust nutella and Kylemii right now, and no others.
Add you to that list and I’m in the same boat.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dom wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:02 pm I can’t easily cut that quote up, so — I already addressed Blooper’s alleged suspicions of me. I think it’s pretty clear why my ideas move where they do but she goes out of her way to prop it up as arbitrary.

What's different about the nutella wagon you've abandoned?
Bolded. (In other terms “unless I suspect the person for other reasons.”)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Why does everyone trust nutella when I can’t?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm It might be a bit much for both to be town, but I wouldn't put it past them. I trust nutella and Kylemii right now, and no others.
The list of people you trust or that you "wouldn't put it past"?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:25 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm It might be a bit much for both to be town, but I wouldn't put it past them. I trust nutella and Kylemii right now, and no others.
The list of people you trust or that you "wouldn't put it past"?
People I trust enough that I don’t have even a tinfoil read at present.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:08 pm Why does everyone trust nutella when I can’t?
https://psychcentral.com/blog/maybe-the-problem-is-you/

j/k
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I have been mafia with nutella once or twice. I cannot fathom her taking the actions and positions she has this game as mafia. If she has, then dang. WTF.

Kylemii is town because he is.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Although I do have a slight Ramses tinfoil read on Nutella.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 pm Although I do have a slight Ramses tinfoil read on Nutella.
Explain.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 pm Although I do have a slight Ramses tinfoil read on Nutella.
Explain.
She said she had a cool role, she does this on other occasions, but it’s a plea that reduces lynch risk st the expense of nk risk - of which there’s none for Ramses.

She seemed to suggest the music choices maybe made Ramses posts as Rico made. This doesn’t make sense to me...

But it does make sense that her early posting with Ramses theories could be misdirection.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm not Ramses. I trust the same group as y'all plus TH.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”