Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia [THE END]

Moderator: Community Team

Season 2?

Courage 2024: Naugthy Mafia Edition (Yes)
100%
Not getting out of this chair (No)
No votes
Blablabla when's Outpost starting (Pass)
No votes

Total votes: 10
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 222

Re: [NIGHT 5] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Golden »

I have a question about every player in the game; they aren't just for the players themselves, anyone can answer. I'm answering these myself too, but interested in opinions.

Colin - Has Colin ever actively pushed against lynching a known townie?
Fractal - How suspicious is sticking on Scotty in the scotty lynch now that we know inh is town?
Kyle - is there any reason to doubt the consensus read? (no there isn't. I just didn't want Kyle to feel left out).
Dom - am I correctly picking up on what Lapluie was putting down?
Marmot - am I wrong that very quiet Marmot is very rarely town?
Niju - where'd she go on day 5?
sig - what should we make of sig being on the eventual lynch every time, usually as an early adopter?
speed - who would speed's teammates be if he were bad?
TH - Why does TH see Fractal's attempt at isos as more suspicion that, say, Colins? (More generic version of this same question - is TH being purposefully myopic)

Bonus question for colin, Fractal, TH, niju... is their nutella vote suspicious?

And someone should ask a question about me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 pm Marmot, Colin and Fractal are three I'm most suspicious of right now. But I have no real sense of Dom/lap or TH.
By no real sense of me, what do you mean exactly?
You've floated by unnoticed to my eye, for the most part. A good example of this is when I thought you'd just picked up a new suspicion of Fractal and it turned out you'd had it for a while.
Were you even in the game at that point :derp:

Anyways my suspect list looks a lot like yours, so that has me curious if you're just giving me "cover" or if you really haven't noticed the ol turnip. Either way I'll twirl :lorab:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm TH - Why does TH see Fractal's attempt at isos as more suspicion that, say, Colins? (More generic version of this same question - is TH being purposefully myopic)
I googled your word, and I would say I'm being 100% the opposite of that. :suspish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 pm Marmot, Colin and Fractal are three I'm most suspicious of right now. But I have no real sense of Dom/lap or TH.
By no real sense of me, what do you mean exactly?
You've floated by unnoticed to my eye, for the most part. A good example of this is when I thought you'd just picked up a new suspicion of Fractal and it turned out you'd had it for a while.
Were you even in the game at that point :derp:

Anyways my suspect list looks a lot like yours, so that has me curious if you're just giving me "cover" or if you really haven't noticed the ol turnip. Either way I'll twirl :lorab:
No, I really haven't noticed you. It surprises me to hear you have suspects beyond Fractal.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm TH - Why does TH see Fractal's attempt at isos as more suspicion that, say, Colins? (More generic version of this same question - is TH being purposefully myopic)
I googled your word, and I would say I'm being 100% the opposite of that. :suspish:
I just googled it, and maybe I used the wrong word. I didn't mean to suggest you 'lacked intellectual insight' (oops)

I meant, like, why are you only focussed on one person.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Golden[/mention] Well then why don't you not call me "purposefully myopic" until you've noticed me more.

linki: Okay well take the snarkiness out of my ^ response, and my response is still the same :workit:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden is a wolf until further notice
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You are allowed to disagree with that assessment but I also intend to do isos of each person to answer these questions for myselves and encourage others to give their own perceptions.

The questions reflect my own perception of players right now, and what I've noticed about them. Literally all I know about you in this game is you suspect Fractal (right now). This might be bad on you, but it equally might be bad on me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pmLiterally all I know about you in this game is you suspect Fractal (right now). This might be bad on you, but it equally might be bad on me.
Well then all that really tells me is that you and Fractal are probably teammates lol :haha:

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] [mention]speedchuck[/mention] [mention]nijuukyugou[/mention] requesting backup
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Dom »

TH-- can you elaborate on sig? This might be the first time I DON'T suspect him.
Also-- I was at a work event. :)
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm I have a question about every player in the game; they aren't just for the players themselves, anyone can answer. I'm answering these myself too, but interested in opinions.

Fractal - How suspicious is sticking on Scotty in the scotty lynch now that we know inh is town?
Kyle - is there any reason to doubt the consensus read? (no there isn't. I just didn't want Kyle to feel left out).
sig - what should we make of sig being on the eventual lynch every time, usually as an early adopter?
TH - Why does TH see Fractal's attempt at isos as more suspicion that, say, Colins? (More generic version of this same question - is TH being purposefully myopic)

Bonus question for colin, Fractal, TH, niju... is their nutella vote suspicious?

I didn't red anything that I missed unless i was iso-ing someone quickly. no clue what she might have put down. But there's something I can think of that she might have tried to hint at, I guess.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 pm TH-- can you elaborate on sig? This might be the first time I DON'T suspect him.
I could elaborate but I'm more interested in exploring Golden first, specifically through the lens of his perception of my suspicion of Fractal vs. my other contributions in this game.

I know you replaced in so I'm actually asking a lot of you because it's a hefty amount of detective work. My end conclusion, though, is that Golden subbed into a mafia team where Fractal filled him in on the thread.

Okay so, that's what I currently see and would ask you to look into, Dom. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever :)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My read of Golden feels a little "had to be there to see it" which is why I requested backup from people who've been here
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 303

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:20 pm My read of Golden feels a little "had to be there to see it" which is why I requested backup from people who've been here
I'll review it tomorrow (IRL tomorrow)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:20 pm My read of Golden feels a little "had to be there to see it" which is why I requested backup from people who've been here
I'll review it tomorrow (IRL tomorrow)
Sweet dreams CHuckers :ohyeah:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:02 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pmLiterally all I know about you in this game is you suspect Fractal (right now). This might be bad on you, but it equally might be bad on me.
Well then all that really tells me is that you and Fractal are probably teammates lol :haha:

@ColinIsCool @speedchuck @nijuukyugou requesting backup
No u alert.

Telling me I'm Fractal's teammate just because you claim I'm wrong and your suspicion pool has been wider does nothing to make you look better in my eyes. I won't be bullied to another view. I will get to your iso (which I haven't read yet), and form my own view.

In the mean time, I welcome the backup you requested, and ask them to form their view on whether or not I'm right. Also you just said you had the same suspects as me (Colin, Fractal, Marmot) and then called Colin for back up, so what do you think about colin exactly?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pmMy end conclusion, though, is that Golden subbed into a mafia team where Fractal filled him in on the thread.
Nutella filled me in on the thread about you. IN THE THREAD.
Golden
The Coward

Re: [NIGHT 4] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:56 pm I'm not Ramses. I trust the same group as y'all plus TH.
Why TH?
Tbh his voting record is not as good as I thought but his posts have that genuine hunting feel and i believe he's coming from a town place. I especially like his recent pressure on Fractal as it was against the grain until now, and I also liked his progression from suspecting me to then agreeing with my case on Colin/pursuing Colin on d3 I think it was. He doesn't make sense as mafia in my mind.
This is where my perception of you comes from, TH (and the subsequent posts).

Before that you made zero impression on me whatsoever, and after that you have done literally nothing but go on solely about fractal (in my opinion).

If you actually have done more than that, I'll be doing my own check, but feel free to prove it. What's more, the point of me asking the question was to allow people to challenge my perspective, not to lynch you for it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 pmIn the mean time, I welcome the backup you requested, and ask them to form their view on whether or not I'm right. Also you just said you had the same suspects as me (Colin, Fractal, Marmot) and then called Colin for back up, so what do you think about colin exactly?
I called Colin for backup because he knows I'm a big flippy flopper. He also seems to have an analytical brain for this sorta shit so I wanna see if I can rent him as a bloodhound :mafia:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Here's an idea TH - if you want to prove you aren't [word that isn't myopic], how about you bother to try answering any of the questions that weren't about you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 pmBefore that you made zero impression on me whatsoever, and after that you have done literally nothing but go on solely about fractal (in my opinion).

If you actually have done more than that, I'll be doing my own check, but feel free to prove it. What's more, the point of me asking the question was to allow people to challenge my perspective, not to lynch you for it.
Those are strong words, that's all I'm saying. :shrug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 pmBefore that you made zero impression on me whatsoever, and after that you have done literally nothing but go on solely about fractal (in my opinion).

Those are strong words, that's all I'm saying. :shrug:
Prove me wrong. Show me the posts where you've been going in other directions.

I'm not here to be correct. I'm here to solve the game. If you can prove me wrong, good, prove me wrong. It's ludicrous that you're attacking me and getting defensive instead of actually demonstrating to me that I'm in any way wrong (again, I have to do the iso - but so far your attack on me just reads as further non-myopia focusing solely on Fractal as bad).

BTW - I'm not even necessarily of a view that you're bad if you are [not-myopic], you seem to have flown to conclusions. There's other reasons you could have a narrow focus. My objectives were only to challenge and validate or invalidate my own perspective, and foster discussion.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 pm Here's an idea TH - if you want to prove you aren't [word that isn't myopic], how about you bother to try answering any of the questions that weren't about you.
My goal is not to answer a bunch of questions I don't feel like answering. That's the rabbit hole that Free Time fell down and died a lonely death.

I'm here to have fun and win

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

stahp staying myopic PLZZ
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 329

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:52 pm I have a question about every player in the game; they aren't just for the players themselves, anyone can answer. I'm answering these myself too, but interested in opinions.

What is a “known townie”?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Everyone who was lynched and came back town and everyone who was nked (yes, I know we have a redirector and secrets so there is an outside chance of misinformation - but for the sake of this analysis, I think it's appropriate to assume they all are town).
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 pm
Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:36 pmIn the mean time, I welcome the backup you requested, and ask them to form their view on whether or not I'm right. Also you just said you had the same suspects as me (Colin, Fractal, Marmot) and then called Colin for back up, so what do you think about colin exactly?
I called Colin for backup because he knows I'm a big flippy flopper. He also seems to have an analytical brain for this sorta shit so I wanna see if I can rent him as a bloodhound :mafia:
I like the cut of your jib this game. Good vibes. Golden absolutely could be scum but I don’t know if he’d defend Fractal on the same team. I don’t like the end of that post where he shifts the convo to me either, it stood out as a deflection from your line of inquiry. I bet Sig is bad too. Pretty damn tired though so I’ll have to reread all this.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:26 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Everyone who was lynched and came back town and everyone who was nked (yes, I know we have a redirector and secrets so there is an outside chance of misinformation - but for the sake of this analysis, I think it's appropriate to assume they all are town).
I pushed against lynching Scotty pretty hard.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:27 pm
I like the cut of your jib this game. Good vibes. Golden absolutely could be scum but I don’t know if he’d defend Fractal on the same team. I don’t like the end of that post where he shifts the convo to me either, it stood out as a deflection from your line of inquiry. I bet Sig is bad too. Pretty damn tired though so I’ll have to reread all this.
I hate the cut of that jib in the last few posts.

The point is he went from claiming he had the same suspect list as me (including you, apparently), to calling you in as back up the moment he felt attacked by me. It's not a shift of the conversation TO you, it's about his handling of you. You're not his friend until he feels he needs a friend, then suddenly you're his friend. Actually I really hate the approach to the call for backup full stop. Why those three names?

What's more, his whole defence is that I'm fractal's teammate because he has other suspects that I don't acknowledge, but he refused to engage with my post beyond the big no u and hasn't exactly pointed out that I'm wrong (I'm at work right now, I will get to his full iso, but at this moment I just looked back through today which gave me the impression and - tell me I'm wrong? He seemed to me to focus solely on Fractal. When did he last name another suspect before coming out against me?). I wasn't even attacking him and he used suspicion of me as a defence.

And no, I wouldn't defend Fractal if I was on the same team, I avoid that kind of thing strenuously, but also trying to paint my question as any kind of defence of Fractal is wrong and misleading. It wasn't, not even slightly. In fact, TH only focused on my simplified version of the question, while ignoring the guts of the first one. I shouldn't have even provided the simplified version, it allowed him to be reductive about my meaning. He claims he suspected you, but what was his reaction to you doing isos the way Fractal did?

What I think I see from TH is that his only meaningful content is his attempt to take out Fractal, and any other suspicion can't be backed up by any kind of similar content - that is, he's mostly skin deep.

There could be multiple reasons for that but the specific nature of his reaction to me over it means I feel like the reason is because he's bad. If he had legitimate reasons for it, I feel like his response would have been more measured.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I will read your essay tomorrow Golden I promise but my eyes are refusing to let me do it right now
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I also really hate that he turns around with 'he got a flawed version from chat'. I never caught up on the early thread but via specific isos and I didn't have a great ability to engage while my father was unwell either (not an excuse, just a fact). I've not read TH's early iso. The first time I had any particular notice of him was about day 4 or night 4, and my perception is based on his behaviour since that point. It's my perception, no one elses, and that just feels like a way to paint a relationship that sounds plausible rather than actually think about how I might have come to that view.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:45 pm I will read your essay tomorrow Golden I promise but my eyes are refusing to let me do it right now
You must be phone posting. It doesn't look that long on a pc.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Yeah it looks rather big on my phone but that’s what she said
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Anyway, I thought that potentially TH's thread relationship with Fractal indicated he could be a specific role but based on his reaction I think I'm wrong about that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And now I have him as a solid bad read and would lynch.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:08 pm TH-- can you elaborate on sig? This might be the first time I DON'T suspect him.
I could elaborate but I'm more interested in exploring Golden first, specifically through the lens of his perception of my suspicion of Fractal vs. my other contributions in this game.

I know you replaced in so I'm actually asking a lot of you because it's a hefty amount of detective work. My end conclusion, though, is that Golden subbed into a mafia team where Fractal filled him in on the thread.

Okay so, that's what I currently see and would ask you to look into, Dom. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever :)
This will be a tomorrow morning task when I'm not writing curriculum.
I don't trust Colin. Do you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pm

This will be a tomorrow morning task when I'm not writing curriculum.
Fair enough. :p
Dom wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:14 am
I don't trust Colin. Do you?
We'll see.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]Ricochet[/mention]'s videos are a great bingewatch.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:01 am @Ricochet's videos are a great bingewatch.
agreed
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 79

Re: [NIGHT 3] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: [NIGHT 2] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Dom »

TH, I noticed two things.
1) Golden said he'd catch up, but there were no catch up posts.

2)
Golden wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 pm Way to make me work for a reveal.

I'm not that great at matching up colour to black and white it turns out.

Well done peoples. Well done Luna in particular.
:cloud9: Thank you Golden
I don't think I've seen you drive an entire lynch phase before.

It's such a satisfying thing to do AND get right. Bask in it.
This is just weird if you ask me. Don't know if it makes him bad, but it stood out.
Golden
The Coward

Re: [NIGHT 2] Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:27 am TH, I noticed two things.
1) Golden said he'd catch up, but there were no catch up posts.

2)
Golden wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 pm Way to make me work for a reveal.

I'm not that great at matching up colour to black and white it turns out.

Well done peoples. Well done Luna in particular.
:cloud9: Thank you Golden
I don't think I've seen you drive an entire lynch phase before.

It's such a satisfying thing to do AND get right. Bask in it.
This is just weird if you ask me. Don't know if it makes him bad, but it stood out.
It’s inaccurate to say there were no catch up posts. I did do some catch up earlier and posted about it until my dad thing happened. Then I gave up on catch up, circumstances changed, I was relying on that weekend for it. Instead my catch up has been in the form of specific isos for particular people as needed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also re number 2

Luna is my friend. She asked to be. And I very much enjoyed her contribution to this game, I really wish she hadn’t been killed so early. I was giving her a complement she earned.

PS dom I can’t revall if I asked this but if I said ‘did I correctly pick up on what lapluie was putting down’ does that mean anything to you? In my reading today I now have a specific role in mind for you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Recall*

But I could be way off track. My strategy today is trying to pin people into specific town roles to rule them out. I think I have one for Kyle and possibly for you too.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh yeah that was my actually actual question to you I’m my group of questions looking back. Never mind. Shouldn’t mafia and be only zombie-awake.

I’ve dine some research into a couple but I’m not going to answer them until some others have had a chance.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Golden vs. TH feels civ-civ to me. More like clashing playstyles or base logic than anything scummy.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 am Recall*

But I could be way off track. My strategy today is trying to pin people into specific town roles to rule them out. I think I have one for Kyle and possibly for you too.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:57 am Golden vs. TH feels civ-civ to me. More like clashing playstyles or base logic than anything scummy.
:ponder:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:57 am Golden vs. TH feels civ-civ to me. More like clashing playstyles or base logic than anything scummy.
More like I'm calling him on his meta.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

To answer Golden's question, I was AFK enjoying my vacation and shopping for piddly wedding supplies yesterday. Woohoo. I'm about ready to be done with this prep and planning. And by "about ready" I mean I was 100% ready like four months ago :p

And damn, I just realized I'm the only lady player left - not a very progressive mafia, are they? :puppy: I have some catching up to do, I suppose, besides just reading the most recent page.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

everyone please target me tonight, I have a few holes in my spreadsheet that I can fill if I know which non-info roles are still active

Return to “Previous Side Missions”