65%

Total votes: 17
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

DH did someone spike your coffee with cocaine today?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm DH did someone spike your coffee with cocaine today?
I've been increasingly and incredibly sick for like three days and I'm now in the stage of sickness thats allowed me to crank dat soldier boy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:32 pm It seems like only 1 person really would like to know the tells. I'm not sure if spoiling the tells are worth only one person's interest in them.
Give me the tells you swanky tease
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway I'm officially all caught up and here are my incomplete thoughts:

DDL keeps on doing suspicious shit. His vote for Enrique and the "reason" he gives for it is either bait to get him intentionally lynched or just..bad because he's mafia? Either way I don't have any problems giving him what he wants.

The Golden/Nova fight - Golden looks the most civ to me. Particularly nova's first response looks the most bad. instead of "You're wrong and here's why" we get "You're lying and you're bad." which is inherently aggressive and I think indicative of someone who is not so much looking to defend themselves as they are looking to deflect legitimate suspicion by way of illegitimate suspicion.

Nutella because in the process of me writing this post, she posted and tipped her hand a bit maybe:
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am I have to agree with Colin on Enrique. Felt like he was just saying stuff to say stuff.

Haven't sorted out where I am on Golden/Nova yet. Which is kinda weird because usually I'd be on Golden's side in a heartbeat, but I'm not feeling it so far.
"Just saying stuff to say stuff." = Mafia.

*incredibly cool backflip onto a stage filed with notes*
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm My bonds with Luna and TH are special and inviolable :noble:
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 pm I really have not thought about this very much I guess that would make sense

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:35 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm Of the five currently-tied players, I'm not super enthused about Golden and TH, mainly because I find them fairly hard to read, and both of them seem to be campaigning heartily. Then again, they'd probably want the mantle of captain regardless of alignment.

If people think that they can easily catch Golden and TH if they turn out to be scum, then by all means, vote for both of them. Unfortunately, I don't think I can, so either of them being captain makes me a little nervous.
*Pastes this post into my INH Scrapbook of Mysteries for future scrutiny*
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 pm Aw now I have no votes. And someone who's not even playing has one. :pout:
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 pm
Sanggolden wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm I just realised TH offered jobs to all three people I publicly said I was offering jobs to :suspish:

This after he deliberately voted in a way that pushed me out of top 4 when he voted.

Before I overreact, opinions please. Would town TH deliberately bait me?
My crew picks have nothing to do with whatever you're doing. I've got #squad #goals
This is a #TownieTurbup.

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 am Sup sacks. Sackdougall here to show you my sack.
Golden and Mac team up with Goldman Sachs and get gold in sacks
Seems like an awful lot of "saying stuff to say stuff" to me but what the hell do I know.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm DH did someone spike your coffee with cocaine today?
The coffee tell :o
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 20

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:37 pm
sig wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 pm
sig wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am Yeah, looking at Mac's ISO doesn't make me not want to lynch him.
I see the case, but mafia mac usually looks like civ mac. I'm inclined not to lynch him today based off of that alone.

Also since I've not seen this asked, what're the chances of a cult? I know within Firefly lore you've got the reavers who could function as a cult, but this is a smaller game.
I have no idea what Mafia mac looks like, to be sure.

I doubt there will be a cult. Our host has clarified that there are three factions: Town, Mafia, and a Third Party. Cults are kinda game-breaky too.
Well that's to bad. Buuuuut, if there is a cult I'm right here. Ready waiting and willing to be culted up. :p
I'll keep that in mind.
thx man, I expect my recruitment pm by night 3. :srsnod:
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway as interested as I am in a person I've never played with telling me they've caught two "scum tells" I've got other more interesting things to do today. Like everything else.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm Nutella because in the process of me writing this post, she posted and tipped her hand a bit maybe:
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am I have to agree with Colin on Enrique. Felt like he was just saying stuff to say stuff.

Haven't sorted out where I am on Golden/Nova yet. Which is kinda weird because usually I'd be on Golden's side in a heartbeat, but I'm not feeling it so far.

nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:31 pm My bonds with Luna and TH are special and inviolable :noble:
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:18 pm I really have not thought about this very much I guess that would make sense

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm Of the five currently-tied players, I'm not super enthused about Golden and TH, mainly because I find them fairly hard to read, and both of them seem to be campaigning heartily. Then again, they'd probably want the mantle of captain regardless of alignment.

If people think that they can easily catch Golden and TH if they turn out to be scum, then by all means, vote for both of them. Unfortunately, I don't think I can, so either of them being captain makes me a little nervous.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 pm Aw now I have no votes. And someone who's not even playing has one. :pout:
Sanggolden wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm I just realised TH offered jobs to all three people I publicly said I was offering jobs to :suspish:

This after he deliberately voted in a way that pushed me out of top 4 when he voted.

My crew picks have nothing to do with whatever you're doing. I've got #squad #goals
This is a #TownieTurbup.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:26 am Sup sacks. Sackdougall here to show you my sack.
Seems like an awful lot of "saying stuff to say stuff" to me but what the hell do I know.
In context, Nutella's "Saying stuff to say stuff" is about Enrique giving 'scumhunty' positions in a 'player salad' manner, in other words, acting like he's contributing because he needs to look good.

Your quoted nutella posts are fluffy, but fluff is not what she was talking about. There is no fake substantiality to Nutella's quoted posts there, which is what Enrique is accused of.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Would I prefer someone who publicly said they saw at least two reasons I could be a mafia member to publicly explain those two reasons?

Why yes yes indeed I would very much so.
I didn't say mafia; I said scum. And for those wondering usually, I count 3p as scum. But do you guys ever get friendly 3p over here?

Tell 1: The Picture/Gif Tell (can also sometimes be called the music tell, as I use it on both pictures and music. Yes, I have in fact caught scum this way before.

DharmaHelper has used multiple Negan pictures. Subconsciously, I feel like people post pictures of villains see themselves as being the bad guys themselves. I actually did not finish watching The Walking Dead. I didn't really like Negan. Maybe if I gave him another shot he would turn out to be an alright guy, but my first impression of him made me stop watching the show. So at first, I didn't really think all too much about the Negan pictures as is it really right for me to judge Negan as I didn't take time to get to know him? But then DharmaHelper also posted a picture of Thanos. So either personally, DharmaHelper can easily relate himself to those 2 characters or subconsciously he's bad so he posts pictures of villains.

Sanggolden wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:52 pm DH is getting a fair number of votes as captain. He's gonna be all

No-one is gonna mutiny against that guy.
hmm, I seemed to have missed Sanggolden doing this too. But the Negan pictures could be a regular occurrence from DH so it could potentially be NAI. But then I still have to evaluate the use of Thanos.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Much thanks to those who picked me to be a captain. I put my picks in. So far the only gut read I have is DDL wants to mutiny real bad so he can chill with one of the other three captains.
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:47 pm
Who wants to be on the winning crew?
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:30 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:47 pm
Who wants to be on the winning crew?
It looks like I overlooked this one. TH either sees himself as a good character or I could also see this as a teammate to teammate interaction where he's indirectly calling out his scum partner, that's never his intention, obviously though.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:32 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:33 pm Epi is only voting for people who have zero votes and being silent about it.

Why?
^Also, the coffee tell can sometimes be extended to other beverages.
SokothQultuq wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm DH! Hang on, I got ya buddy. I found this laying around somewhere... with the proper application of this red sharpie marker.... yup... got it!

I guess this picture would depend on whether or not Soko sees Trump as a bad guy. But at first glance, I guess Soko could maybe be with DH as well. I'll need to look at this one again. It seems I missed more pictures than my first thought.
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:26 pm DH! Hang on, I got ya buddy. I found this laying around somewhere... with the proper application of this red sharpie marker.... yup... got it!

Regina George - Mean Girls another evil character

I didn't see this one initially.
Sanggolden wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:20 am
KyungDaisy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:17 am You can just call me Scary Nuna.

But look - I'm LEE Sanggolden, not KIM Sanggolden.

Daisy is Kim Kyungdaisy.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to interpret this one.
Sanggolden wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:22 am Maybe this is the one you need:

Again, same with this one. It's hard to make out.

But once I share this tell. Pictures and music after said tell will be less effective.

I'm gonna keep quoting pictures, but I think you'll start to get it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

what
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tell 1: The Picture/Gif Tell (can also sometimes be called the music tell, as I use it on both pictures and music. Yes, I have in fact caught scum this way before.
Negan comes from Survivor mafia in which I adopted a very Negan-like approach to the game that *almost* worked, but did end up doing very well. All the other gifs/picutres (at least the ones you've posted that are *actually* me and not just you padding out the stat line) Are just ...Goofs? What did Golden say, NAI?

Fucking kids with your Nintendo 3PDSOMG and your watch me whip watch me NAI NAI.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 0]

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:10 am
KyungDaisy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:04 am Dom has requested to be replaced, I’m working on that currently.
This one might be NAI. I think it would be stretch for me to read that as a partner getting replaced.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:45 pm Picture of my future squad and spaceship:

Not sure where the gif is from, but it seems like he looks to be taking things easy. I'm not sure if that's his regular town mindset or if it's a scum looking to coast this game. I'm not sure overall.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:45 pm Picture of my future squad and spaceship:

More Negan or possible fluffy interactions between potential teammates.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:18 am The only thing I'm looking for in a crew is hard workers who pull their weight. That and loyalty.
Mhmmm...? Am currently reconsidering my vote for you then...?
Unrelated to the tell, I kind of want to hear from Glorfindel about why they were reconsidering. Also, [mention]Glorfindel[/mention] what's your username on MU?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I lied I lied I don't wanna know the tells please stop.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

NAI = Non Alignment Indicative
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Lunalee »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:53 am
I'll plan to do that. Sort of busy at the moment. I especially want to look at Golden, Enrique, and those voting for them.
Why those 2? And why do you want to look at the others voting for them?
I'm interested in seeing why those trains are forming, and if there's any merit to them.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm I lied I lied I don't wanna know the tells please stop.
Something you may want to consider in the future is that generally when I say something there is a purpose to it.

But why would my captain lie to me? Is it something I did wrong? :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:24 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 pm I lied I lied I don't wanna know the tells please stop.
Something you may want to consider in the future is that generally when I say something there is a purpose to it.

But why would my captain lie to me? Is it something I did wrong? :p
What's the second tell tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pmwhat
You are not used people reading into fluff?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nutella was here reading the thread mere minutes ago I wonder if she saw my suspicion of her. I hope so anyway.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:25 pm What's the second tell tho.
You said you lied and didn't want to know. Why should I say the second tell if you're gonna give me that kind of reaction?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm
You said you lied and didn't want to know. Why should I say the second tell if you're gonna give me that kind of reaction?
I didn't want a wall of pictures, 60% of which didn't apply to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:27 pm
90% of my game is fluff so read into it whatever you want :feb:
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:32 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm
I didn't want a wall of pictures, 60% of which didn't apply to me.
Sorry, I didn't locate an ISO function so I'm skimming the thread for pictures and music.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:34 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:27 pm
90% of my game is fluff so read into it whatever you want :feb:
Good, it's more fun that way. :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ISOs are in the first post of the game [mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] :)
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:30 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:16 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:01 pm I see some captains preemptively talking about 'loyalty'. Bah humbug, the whole lot of that. I've changed my mind from earlier. I play to the highest, most interesting, and most fun captains. If I am not involved and enjoying myself, I will seek to jump ship.

Currently I'm very interested in jumping on TH's ship, but we'll see where things go.

That said, Mutiny should only be undertaken if we find the captain to be a scummer. Mutineers should bite it, for all I care.
Speedchuck... your my friend.
You're.

As in you're in no position to judge who should be captain if you misuse "Your" in a sentence.
It's 2019 and I don't give a fuck.

I respect your baseball bat more than your grammer fetish. Be a good cap'n m8.
Potentially DH not with DrWilgy, if DH is mafia.
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 pm
dharmahelper hiring for Serenity,

@Enrique This is a formal request for you to join my crew.

Anyone else want to hop aboard?
Another well placed Negan gif, but still why Negan and not some other gif. It seems like Negan is a culture thing here. Like Dizzy and I sometimes are with cats or music for me.

I need to break for lunch shortly, otherwise I'll likely skip it. I'll probably just a take down more notes later.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by ColinIsCool »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:04 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am Owner sketched me out a lil too
Tell me more. :P
I take it back, your ISO was cleaner than I thought and I’m not voting a new player D1 anyway
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm Nutella was here reading the thread mere minutes ago I wonder if she saw my suspicion of her. I hope so anyway.
I did and it was bunk. Speed's answer was pretty on point. Also it's my birthday so buzz off.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Btw my gif is from The Hangover, which is basically a modern classic [first film only]
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm ISOs are in the first post of the game @Owner of a Lonely Heart :)
Mostly, I was looking to quote the Thanos picture. But I found a Regina George one that I didn't see or remember seeing before so it worked out fine. But thanks, I might use it some. But I also like to read things in context if I can.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anybody wanna parse why DDL said he didn't want civs to fall into an easy lynch but hitched his wagon to a two word case against Enrique

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My only regret is that DH made a Mean Girls reference before I got the chance to
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:40 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm Nutella was here reading the thread mere minutes ago I wonder if she saw my suspicion of her. I hope so anyway.
I did and it was bunk. Speed's answer was pretty on point. Also it's my birthday so buzz off.
Happy birthday what does speed have to do with shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm Btw my gif is from The Hangover, which is basically a modern classic [first film only]
I was thinking Step Brothers, but yeah, I assumed it was in that genre. I've never been drunk before, and I guess those films tend to be more appealing to the male audience.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:53 pm Nutella because in the process of me writing this post, she posted and tipped her hand a bit maybe:

This is a #TownieTurbup.

In context, Nutella's "Saying stuff to say stuff" is about Enrique giving 'scumhunty' positions in a 'player salad' manner, in other words, acting like he's contributing because he needs to look good.

Your quoted nutella posts are fluffy, but fluff is not what she was talking about. There is no fake substantiality to Nutella's quoted posts there, which is what Enrique is accused of.
Oh nvm it got eaten by Owner's fun happy go time.

Sure OK makes sense

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DH, why are DDL and Nut suspects for voicing the same suspicion I did in a similar manner, but I’m not? I can see a scum piggy backing on any potential wagon so long as they don’t have to stick their neck out too far but we three pretty much seem to be saying the same thing, so why do I get a pass?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] if you're on desktop look under each person's profile pic on a post and click posts in topic. If mobile or if you don't have a post from someone handy there are links on the front page. Also you asked earlier about EOD, the time is on the top of the poll.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm Btw my gif is from The Hangover, which is basically a modern classic [first film only]
I was thinking Step Brothers, but yeah, I assumed it was in that genre. I've never been drunk before, and I guess those films tend to be more appealing to the male audience.
If you’ve never been drunk before then it’s a good thing you’re not on the plane with me, TH and Epi
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 pm DH, why are DDL and Nut suspects for voicing the same suspicion I did in a similar manner, but I’m not? I can see a scum piggy backing on any potential wagon so long as they don’t have to stick their neck out too far but we three pretty much seem to be saying the same thing, so why do I get a pass?
Because I haven't had the time to read you specifically yet.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:42 pm
If you’ve never been drunk before then it’s a good thing you’re not on the plane with me, TH and Epi
Oh boy we gon party :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:46 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:44 pm DH, why are DDL and Nut suspects for voicing the same suspicion I did in a similar manner, but I’m not? I can see a scum piggy backing on any potential wagon so long as they don’t have to stick their neck out too far but we three pretty much seem to be saying the same thing, so why do I get a pass?
In hunkering down and reading Colin I've noted that apart from "Enrique bad" he tends to waffle on who he suspects and trusts. A weak Enrique vote and a sporadic nature don't ring civ to me, necessarily but I do suspect the people following such a dumb case more than the guy who made it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I see no way that Golden isn't town in this game. So why is MacDougall and DrWilgy voting to lynch him? Not a good look for either of them.
Sanggolden wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 am @Kyungdaisy

Will lynched people have their role and affiliation revealed?
Will nightkilled people have their role and affiliation revealed?
How many mafia teams are there?
Sanggolden wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 pm Also, I've been assuming everyone is vanilla - is this not the case?

It doesn't expressly say I'm vanilla on my role card, looking at it again. But it doesn't give me a role power either, just an occupation and a skill that doesn't mean much to me (I assume it will when we get a job). I was perhaps incorrectly assuming everyone was the same. Am I wrong?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 am Btw your face is a steak
you're*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I'm going to [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine for now.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:25 am
Sanggolden wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am That’s a big load of baloney right there, nova.

1) I danced around nothing. I’ve been direct about what I’ve been seeing. It’s your choice whether to engage in my suspicions of you or not, I don’t have to ask a specific question of you or @mention you to get your attention. That’s a completely arbitrary standard you’ve decided to apply, just to paint me as not genuine.

2) The motivation is clear to me - to control who is on what crew, who’s available for a nk, who’s available for a lynch. I’m far less controllable. If I pick an entirely town crew, and prevent them being lynched, then I get a strong advantage over the mafia. If I pick well, I can effectively prevent myself being nked.

3) You say you saw it coming... I could tell. That’s why you came at me the way you did to begin with. I called you out and instead of addressing my suspicion, you went as hominem - going after my choice of grammar instead of the accusation. There’s nothing much to your reasoning for your votes. Your turn on me was because apparently you liked me early and liked me less later, but you didn’t manage to give a single reason for either of those things. You’ve been waiting for me to vote before you do much of anything, just so you can defend the vote instead of actually engaging in the original suspicion too deeply.

Your response post then is trying to make out like my logic doesn’t track when you’re all over the place.

I particularly like this sentence from yo: “you’re getting too hung up on the captain votes, when I don’t think it should be a priority.” Of course you wouldn’t think it should be a priority if you’re reading it down. But I hate that deeply. If you don’t think the mafia tried to manipulate that vote in some way... we’ll i just don’t believe you.

Day zero and day one is where mafia slip and think they can get away with it. They protect their own, help each other out and pass it off as unimportant. The very fact you set out to overtly break the tie and then did it with absolutely no post history to back it up is part of why I find yours in particular the most suspicious - because what mafia would be so bold, huh? It has its own inherent wifom.

As for me wanting to be captain - on that one, at least, I’ll admit it’s NAI. I’d want it either way. But I wanted it here because of how badly day zero reeked of manipulation.
1) Oh, you danced around it all right. I engaged your suspicions twice, and you've asked me questions every time. You dropped it every time afterwards. I can't do anything more than that.

2) Nice then riddle me this, why did I not break the tie between you and Glorfindel if you think me and my team were dreading having you as captain? While you're at it, elaborate on my motivation on voting you first, then voting for people with no votes, and finally going with 3 of the 5 tied.

I agree that it's weird but I don't agree that it is suspicious/bad. I think you're being pretty opportunistic trying to paint it as such, that's why I saw this coming after your 2 mentions of my votes.

3) Is explaining my thought process on how I voted, not addressing your suspicions? I would think that is one way to ease them, since you think there are ulterior motives behind them. Nah, I'm not going after your choice of grammar, you're just full of it.

I never said the Mafia never had tried to manipulate the votes, nor elect one of theirs. I said that what I did was in no way some grandiose manipulation, as you'd like to paint it. I think it's pretty dumb to think so.

Lol, yeah sure. The Day Zero mafia manipulation of captain votes, and Nova the bold. Thank god you're here to save us from it.
your right
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm DharmaHelper has used multiple Negan pictures.
You may be on to something. :ponder:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:06 pm Subconsciously, I feel like people post pictures of villains see themselves as being the bad guys themselves.
:ponder:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:46 pm
In hunkering down and reading Colin I've noted that apart from "Enrique bad" he tends to waffle on who he suspects and trusts. A weak Enrique vote and a sporadic nature don't ring civ to me, necessarily but I do suspect the people following such a dumb case more than the guy who made it.
If the case I have on Enrique is dumb, how dumb is Enrique’s case on me?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am The thing that ruins this for me is that I also did roughly the same thing nova did, but I ended up changing my vote so that's okay I guess
I straight up voted Golden out of the tie and he hasn't come after me. :llama:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Not that I’m No Uing, but I am really amazed at how easily you’re willing to trust him after all that cool stuff happened in FWWM.

Return to “Previous Jobs”