Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 7

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

CBK do you know why you survived the lynch tonight?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: WWE MAFIA - Night 7

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace no one.

Host: If the Showstopper stopped a lynch, would he be acknowledged in the lynch post?
All lynches will be written the same. So, no.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

test
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Who is Edging out the competition?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:49 am

A Person
No votes

Bass_the_Clever
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Bea
No votes

Captain Bunny Killer
Devin the Omniscient (7), Mongoose (8), Boomslang (9), Sorsha (10), Turnip Head (11), Bass_the_Clever (18)
32%

Devin the Omniscient
S~V~S (16), bea (19)
11%

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Lizzy
Loulou26 (17)
5%

LouLou26
Lizzy (14)
5%

Mongoose
No votes

Sorsha
No votes

SVS
No votes

Turnip Head
Epignosis (5), Elohcin (12), Vompatti (13)
16%

Vompatti
No votes

wrathofgod
No votes

Zany Dex
Zany Dex (4)
5%

Other (host/dead/non)
DFaraday (1), kneel4justice (2), Roxy (3), Hedgeowl (6), Dom (15)
26%

Total votes : 19
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 3

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:test
hi asl
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Oh my word. I logged on to read my very first lynch post with my morning coffee and bagel. So, I'm just as surprised as you guys.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

And, I apologize. I just realized that I was so distracted with the trip activities in rl and the whole I'm about to die thing here... that I forgot to vote. :(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:Svs - I will address you more in depth when I get home.
Unfortunately I'm at that spot where I have a better handle on the two people I feel confident are figs and question marks everywhere else.

This is essentially my day one. As for cbk - you are right. I'm not really committed to voting her. And you a
re right in that there is a stronger thread connection to Devin than cbk.

I think that's where my vote is going
You kinda missed my point. My point was not "make another vote that looks good", it was "why are you going to vote for someone you obviously do not suspect", becasue you did say you were going to vote for her, yes? Which would be the "blendy in with the crowd" vote. If you really thought she was not bad, and you were not bad, i think you would have tried harder to make a case against voting her rather than saying, "Well, i think CBK is not acting all that bad, but I am probably gonna vote her anyhow".

There are a few not good reasons a person may survive, or manipulate the votes, and a few good reasons, plus there are those secrets. So no way of telling here. So based on CBKs posts i would guess she is not a civ save role that saved herself. So if she was saved it was not by someone who had info on her role.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote:
hi asl
f/15/turku i'm home alone now and very scared winkw ink
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
hi asl
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

whats funny is you can't really use invisitext effectively on this site since it can be seen in the other board preference, the light one. if you go to user control and then board preference and change your style from Lucid lime to prosilver, and then look in here, you can see what you wrote clearly against the white background, but if you do this in that board style: light blue font, then you cannot see that well in Prosilver since the style color is light blue Some people prefer to use prosilver, so they can clearly see the black text on the black background.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
hi asl
ture
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
hi asl
ture
wtf your durnk
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Youse guys should resurrect me...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:hi asl
ture
wtf your durnk
ogmgmogmogmogmogomgogmo :O
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:
bea wrote:Svs - I will address you more in depth when I get home.
Unfortunately I'm at that spot where I have a better handle on the two people I feel confident are figs and question marks everywhere else.

This is essentially my day one. As for cbk - you are right. I'm not really committed to voting her. And you a
re right in that there is a stronger thread connection to Devin than cbk.

I think that's where my vote is going
You kinda missed my point. My point was not "make another vote that looks good", it was "why are you going to vote for someone you obviously do not suspect", becasue you did say you were going to vote for her, yes? Which would be the "blendy in with the crowd" vote. If you really thought she was not bad, and you were not bad, i think you would have tried harder to make a case against voting her rather than saying, "Well, i think CBK is not acting all that bad, but I am probably gonna vote her anyhow".

There are a few not good reasons a person may survive, or manipulate the votes, and a few good reasons, plus there are those secrets. So no way of telling here. So based on CBKs posts i would guess she is not a civ save role that saved herself. So if she was saved it was not by someone who had info on her role.
Sorry- I'm not good at explaining myself on the phone at work.
You were right though regarding my thoughts on CBK - they read like I wasn't really sure because I wasn't really sure. Talking through the post, thinking about it and seeing your questions on it helped me to understand that I wasn't really sold on it. I sounded like I was trying to talk myself into it because I think on some level I was trying to talk myself into something others seemed to feel, but that I didn't really feel. But, I needed to go through the process of talking it out to get to the part where I realized what was going through my head.

Honestly, if I could have voted for anyone it would have been Teefies, but he was not an option this lynch. Next lynch, I can't see anything short of someone saying please vote me, I'm mafia and here's the proof, from swaying my vote there. This lynch - I was admittedly at odds with what to do, so if it felt like I was being blendy, it's honestly because I was. I'm still getting my footing and I feel like I should be way more into the meat of the game so to speak than I am. Does that make sense more sense?

As for cbk not being lynched, I am not sure how that's happened. We've had a lot of survival from nk and lynchings this game - I know there were several civ and mafia options for that - have we had as many survivals as we've had roles that are known to survive an lynch or nk yet? Page 1 isn't updated and I admittedly haven't kept notes.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't see why The Showstopper would stop this lynch. There were other suspects today so if anything I think the Showstopper would have switched it to someone else they felt more comfortable in personally lynching. And the Showstopper stopping the lynch is the only way I can see that CBK would not be aware that she was going to survive the vote. If we assume that didn't happen, and since CBK has said she did not know she would survive, then she's either lying, or a baddie, or both.

CBK also survived Hogan's NK attempt last night, but she didn't seem too surprised to have survived that, either. In fact, she never even addressed it.

I am 100% for lynching CBK again at some point, but we also have a lot of other good options for tomorrow's lynch. I hope that there is more discussion tomorrow than there was today.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

There's too many reasons that CBK could have survived that lunch for me just to assume it was a nefarious one. I'm inclined to look elsewhere for Day 8 (but like TH alluded, it won't preclude me from considering her again post-Day 8).

Good points RE: lynch switch vs. lynch stop.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

Hold up, no one was lynched? Interesting. Idk if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Could it be someone stopping the lynch because they believe him to be civvie? Or does this mean CBK is bad?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Loulou26 wrote:Hold up, no one was lynched? Interesting. Idk if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Could it be someone stopping the lynch because they believe him to be civvie? Or does this mean CBK is bad?
You seem to do this often, you ask seemingly rhetorical questions, about things that are already being discussed by others in in the thread, but without offering your own thoughts on it. What do you think? Do you think someone saved CBK, or do you think she's bad?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:Weeeelll... I have a feeling this isn't going to turn out good :(

If I could, I think I would change my vote to Devin
I rescind this statement. I'll likely vote CBK again.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:Weeeelll... I have a feeling this isn't going to turn out good :(

If I could, I think I would change my vote to Devin
I rescind this statement. I'll likely vote CBK again.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Night 7 - ELO's Greatest Hits

Elohcin walked in to the GM's office to pick up her number for the Royal Rumble. It was number 30. She was the last entrant, and had a great chance of winning! As Elo walked outside celebrating, she was confronted by the boss.

"So, Elohcin, I see you've drawn number 30. But you see, the Rock is the Corporate Champion, and the people want to see their star win. So I'm going to have to ask you to throw the match."

Elo could never do that. "I could never do that!" she shouted.

Vince finally spoke. "Alright, I promise I won't kill you for that. Good luck out there," he said.

As Elohcin started walking away, Jeff Jarrett ran out and smashed a guitar over her head.

"I didn't say I couldn't pay someone else to do it! HAHAHAHAAA!" Vince laughed as he walked away.

Triple H was furious about his failed attempt on Epi's life earlier. Nobody thwarts the Game's plans! He decided to take it out on one of his most hated nemeses...Boomslang. He cornered Boomslang as he was coming out with his number (it was 3) and swung with the sledgehammer. Boomslang ducked, and the hammer deflected and hit a nearby Scotty 2 Hotty! Luckily it just grazed him, and Scotty was fine. Meanwhile, Triple H pursued Boomslang to the parking lot, where Boom got into his car to drive away. Well, Triple H was ready for that! He got into one of those things that controls a forklift and picked up Boom's car, then dropped it from 70 feet in the air. When they found Boomslang in the wreckage, he was dead.

Elohcin has been killed by the Corporation.

Boomslang has been killed by Triple H.

CBK has been silenced. She cannot talk, vote, or be voted for today.

It is now day. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:Why?
I don't think all the survivals (and now the silencing and poll removal on top of it) can be civvie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 8

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Boomslang and Elo. Didn't have vibes for you guys one way or the other, but odds are at least one of you was a civvie.

Is BWT supposed to still be off the poll? I would very much like to have the option of voting for him :D
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote: Is BWT supposed to still be off the poll? I would very much like to have the option of voting for him :D
That's what I get for copy-pasting. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
I don't think all the survivals (and now the silencing and poll removal on top of it) can be civvie.
Those removed from the poll are also silenced and may not vote. This tells me that it is the doing of Stone Cold Steve Austin. This makes me wonder what exactly he profits from removing the individual most suspected for the next Day.

If someone is just silenced, I'm sure it won't show up in the thread- they'll just get a PM saying, "You've been silenced."

Yes, this is the work of Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Turnip Head wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:Hold up, no one was lynched? Interesting. Idk if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Could it be someone stopping the lynch because they believe him to be civvie? Or does this mean CBK is bad?
You seem to do this often, you ask seemingly rhetorical questions, about things that are already being discussed by others in in the thread, but without offering your own thoughts on it. What do you think? Do you think someone saved CBK, or do you think she's bad?
Well my question wasn't rhetorical and I didn't realise that I 'do this often' either. I was simply asking for others opinions on it. The whole not revealing who people are thing on here is really frustrating because I am not used to playing this way. I needed to know if he was good or bad. Telling me nothing doesn't help me in any way because again...things are different here. Personally I think he's bad, but if someone knows something, enough to want to stop his lynch, I don't know if that makes him good.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

RIP Elo and Boomslang. I had no idea about either of you but I wasn't suspicious of you either.

Sorsha wrote:

I agree, it does all look suspicious. Especially in light of him being silenced now.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Those removed from the poll are also silenced and may not vote. This tells me that it is the doing of Stone Cold Steve Austin. This makes me wonder what exactly he profits from removing the individual most suspected for the next Day.

If someone is just silenced, I'm sure it won't show up in the thread- they'll just get a PM saying, "You've been silenced."

So who exactly would gain something by shutting someone up?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well if the person who did it is either CBK or believes CBK to be civ, this would work like a protection. It could be Steve Austen or it could also be the power stealer Indy role, which survives a kill attempt.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, can cheat death once, not survive an N K I just looked. I will quote the role post when I am not on phone.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

His role just says poll removal from what I see. Nothing about silencing.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah good point, there is a civ role that does that, but i thought that role was dead, tbh. And the Indy Guerro, I would assume, can only mimic living people.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

RIP Elo and Boomslang
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

His role just says poll removal from what I see. Nothing about silencing.
I suspect that's part of the secrets. I find it impossible to believe that birdwithteeth11 and CBK BOTH were silenced, off the poll, and unable to vote because of more than one night action from more than one individual.
DFaraday wrote:BWT has been silenced. He may not talk, vote, or be voted for today.
DFaraday wrote:CBK has been silenced. She cannot talk, vote, or be voted for today.
I believe that if Steve Austin removes someone from the poll, that player is silenced and may not vote too. I think it's part of the secrets.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

Sorsha wrote:
Thank you. I was going to bring this up myself and say that I still don't feel good about CBK. Anyone can say that they are surprised to survive kill attempts on them. I've done it before.

In any case, I will be voting for BWT, today. I feel the best about him.

*votes*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: Obviously because we can't vote for CBK again :p

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Is DP and WOG still playing? I wonder why they haven't said much at all.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yes. DP rarely ever says anything when the game takes off the way it has. So much reading to keep up that it takes away from all of the fun of the game. I tend to feel the same way but try to keep my participation at a sufficient level.

WOG, I'm surprised hasn't been replaced yet... She has started out in 2 games with me and then disappeared almost immediately.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Yes. DP rarely ever says anything when the game takes off the way it has. So much reading to keep up that it takes away from all of the fun of the game.
What does this even mean? I don't feel that this game has been any more talkative than your standard game, in fact with all the people who are barely playing it's one of the quieter games I've played. Especially since we got rid of MP and his director's cut length posts :P I agree that the reading is the most cumbersome aspect of mafia, but if no one talks then there's nothing to talk about, which means there's no fun to be had. If you don't feel like reading, why play? Plenty of speed games to choose from with less reading required...

It's really not too much to ask for everyone to read the thread and offer their thoughts with a few posts per phase.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Does anyone have a good reason to not vote BWT today? I'm also still suspicious of Lizzy based on my interactions with her yesterday, and my suspicion of Devin still lingers, but the case on BWT seems so clear cut.

I also don't believe the silence + poll removal is the doing of an Indy role. It seems like one of the baddie teams has some secrets, probably the Heels. Maybe they got to take over the role of a dead player that they discovered. I see no other reason for BWT and CBK to be silenced, especially since they both were barely even talking. Someone is trying to save them from lynches.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Does anyone have a good reason to not vote BWT today? I'm also still suspicious of Lizzy based on my interactions with her yesterday, and my suspicion of Devin still lingers, but the case on BWT seems so clear cut.

I also don't believe the silence + poll removal is the doing of an Indy role. It seems like one of the baddie teams has some secrets, probably the Heels. Maybe they got to take over the role of a dead player that they discovered. I see no other reason for BWT and CBK to be silenced, especially since they both were barely even talking. Someone is trying to save them from lynches.
First of all, why the hell else would you remove someone from the poll if not to save them from lynches? Aesthetically displeasing usernames? :|

This post sounds like confirmation bias to me. And a lot of unfounded possibilities: "BWT and CBK are bad, therefore their team, probably the Heels, is trying to save them, so their team must have secrets, like maybe taking over a dead role."

:ponder:

Only one role has the stated ability to remove people from the poll. That role has secrets. Two people have been removed from the poll AND silenced AND not permitted to vote.

But wasn't the initial case on birdwithteeth11 that he was HHH? The one you claim is "clear cut?"
Hedgeowl wrote:Hedgeowl's hunt for the SK:

The theory I am operating under is this is someone who was absent or not very active the first two nights. Therefore I started by looking at voting record as an indication of participation.

Missed Day 1: Bass, Dom, FZ, LouLou26, ReywaS, Russtifinko, WOG, and Zany Dex.

Missed Day 2: Dom, FWvidchick, ReywaS, TH, and WOG.

Dom, ReywaS, and WOG are the only 3 who missed both days, but Dom was killed by Triple H instead of Epi and WOG is absent. reywaS is the most likely option given that he was also replaced Day 3, by BWT, right as the killing began by Triple H. He also had a total of 5 posts up to that time.

Since then Triple H has killed FZ, Bullz, and Dom instead of Epi.

I do apologize BWT if this is not the case, but if you were civ before it's not a problem replacing an SK.

Linki so much
Turnip Head wrote:Whatchya want to talk about Epi? I agree that CBK is likely bad and I like most of your thoughts on him. Do you have any read on Daisy? Do you think they could be teammates? Will it take us two times to lynch BWT? What's your opinion on Sorsha? Her last vote seems lazy, and her reasons for doing so a copout, and I'm not sure she did it with civvieness in her heart. Is WOG alive? What about DP? Can the birds beat New Orleans on Sunday?
Epignosis wrote:Teacher salaries and the reason why public education will ultimately fail. No. Not yet. I don't see why. I think she's good here. Yes. Yes. Hell no.
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't see why.
DFaraday wrote:Triple H – Triple H is the Cerebral Assassin, and strives to be the best in the world…at any cost. HHH will kill a player every night. He will survive the first lynch and night kill attempt on him. HHH must be the last man standing to win.
Now all of a sudden he has teammates who maybe have team secrets and who maybe stole a power from a dead person.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I can think of some other reasons those kids got removed from the poll.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Could their be two powers at play and we are just looking at this the wrong way. What if one was stone cold and the other Eddie Guerro . Stone cold could remove himself and Eddie could steal a silence power which would remove him of the pole? Is that a possibility?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Could their be two powers at play and we are just looking at this the wrong way. What if one was stone cold and the other Eddie Guerro . Stone cold could remove himself and Eddie could steal a silence power which would remove him of the pole? Is that a possibility?
Two players- both under heavy suspicion- have had the same things happen to them. Your proposal would have to mean that two individuals targeted the same people the same Nights AND both of their powers showed up in the thread.

I have never seen a host post state that someone was JUST silenced or JUST off the poll or JUST not allowed to vote. It's all three things at once. And you never see anything else but kills or resurrections in the host posts. You never see "Epignosis has been insanified."

I'm telling you, It's one power. Off the poll, silenced, and cannot vote. That's Steve Austin's doing.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Mongoose wrote:I can think of some other reasons those kids got removed from the poll.
Do share..... :)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Could their be two powers at play and we are just looking at this the wrong way. What if one was stone cold and the other Eddie Guerro . Stone cold could remove himself and Eddie could steal a silence power which would remove him of the pole? Is that a possibility?
Two players- both under heavy suspicion- have had the same things happen to them. Your proposal would have to mean that two individuals targeted the same people the same Nights AND both of their powers showed up in the thread.

I have never seen a host post state that someone was JUST silenced or JUST off the poll or JUST not allowed to vote. It's all three things at once. And you never see anything else but kills or resurrections in the host posts. You never see "Epignosis has been insanified."

I'm telling you, It's one power. Off the poll, silenced, and cannot vote. That's Steve Austin's doing.
Oh ok I understand what you are saying.

Return to “Previous Jobs”