Shepherd Book's Hair (Host, Dead, Non)
65%

Total votes: 17
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 5]

Post by Golden »

You can just start from Daisy's link to Kyles death at the end of night 2.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nutella could you ex[plain your speed suspicion in more depth? It's persisted all game but I admit I haven't really paid much attention to it because I've been reading him differently. But to be honest both you and speed I've put in my 'sounds like your town selves, not paying that much attention to you' basket and having just found my mojo again I think it's time I pay attention to everyone.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:51 pm Nutella could you ex[plain your speed suspicion in more depth? It's persisted all game but I admit I haven't really paid much attention to it because I've been reading him differently. But to be honest both you and speed I've put in my 'sounds like your town selves, not paying that much attention to you' basket and having just found my mojo again I think it's time I pay attention to everyone.
For a while it was mostly a gut/tone thing I couldn't quite pit my finger on, like he didn't really feel organic to me somehow or his posts sounded almost forced or robotic. Lately I have more of a theory that he's compatible with you and Enrique, and that would especially make sense if DDL flips civ because a few posts ago speed kinda sounded like he knew ddl was gonna flip civ. we'll see.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden suddenly turning on DDL looks like he's cutting a teammate loose lol. Like "oh shit I'm about to lose DDL, quick better paint TH as his teamie right quick :dark: "
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:59 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:51 pm Nutella could you ex[plain your speed suspicion in more depth? It's persisted all game but I admit I haven't really paid much attention to it because I've been reading him differently. But to be honest both you and speed I've put in my 'sounds like your town selves, not paying that much attention to you' basket and having just found my mojo again I think it's time I pay attention to everyone.
For a while it was mostly a gut/tone thing I couldn't quite pit my finger on, like he didn't really feel organic to me somehow or his posts sounded almost forced or robotic. Lately I have more of a theory that he's compatible with you and Enrique, and that would especially make sense if DDL flips civ because a few posts ago speed kinda sounded like he knew ddl was gonna flip civ. we'll see.
This is exactly what you said in courage.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am Meaning also he would have taken a HUGE risk. Like, a risk that mafia just don't take.
What risk?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:56 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:54 am
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am and don't say I haven't considered the possibility that TH is bad and manipulated me. I considered that in the ship chat for a bit before Colin died. When Colin flipped civ that possibility completely went away. Just trust me on that one.
If you have ability-related info, reveal it or beat it.

I don't trust yours or anyone's ability to call a group of 5 people locktown without using game mechanics.
It's not ability-related info. It is related to game mechanics.

I am not calling Epi locktown. Nova was, Colin I wasn't entirely sure about until he died, and because of those two people and something that happened in our ship, TH is town.
From my perspective, there’s no ‘based on something that happened on our ship’. People accuse me of playing the game of ships, but there is no basis on which to withhold info from ships that is relevant to a read.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am and don't say I haven't considered the possibility that TH is bad and manipulated me. I considered that in the ship chat for a bit before Colin died. When Colin flipped civ that possibility completely went away. Just trust me on that one.

I don't trust yours or anyone's ability to call a group of 5 people locktown without using game mechanics.

I am not calling Epi locktown. Nova was, Colin I wasn't entirely sure about until he died, and because of those two people and something that happened in our ship, TH is town.
From my perspective, there’s no ‘based on something that happened on our ship’. People accuse me of playing the game of ships, but there is no basis on which to withhold info from ships that is relevant to a read.
Hmmmmm spicy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Fine. TH entrusted to Colin a large sum of money with which to buy an item for our ship. The way that went down (along with the other monetary operations/trading in our crew), and in general that I know TH chose at least 3out of 4 and likely all 4 crew members that were civilian, has led me to believe TH must be town.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Somebody's upset that they don't know what's been going on behind Yun Qui's closed doors :shifty:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I started making some mental argument at how Golden was arrogant or whatever but then I realized it's pointless.

I'm being lynched because I have been emotionally broken in this game. I was kicked from nearly every crew, called bad by almost every player, had everyone who once trusted me call me bad, and saw myself vote wrong in every poll. At some point I got so distressed I started latching out at people. And that made them want to lynch me more.

I guess I've learned something about myself. If you want to lynch civ DDL in a non-lylo situation, you need to break him emotionally. There is an article in mafiascum that says people are more likely to lynch when there is drama in the lynch. Well, to mislynch me, you need to make me provide that drama. That takes the whole game, but I will eventually break. It's the same that happened in Turf Wars.

It's gotten to the point where everyone is solving the game under the assumption that I'm bad. Might as well let my role flip so town can move on.

It's over. I won't spend time with what makes me unhappy. I will not post anymore today.

Good game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, screw it. Golden is bad. We've been on to you for a while and you keep weaseling your way out of the spotlight with your supatown reputation. I'm done falling for the act. We should have lynched you and your buddies days ago and we can't afford to let you last longer.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: golden] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:31 pm Yeah, screw it. Golden is bad. We've been on to you for a while and you keep weaseling your way out of the spotlight with your supatown reputation. I'm done falling for the act. We should have lynched you and your buddies days ago and we can't afford to let you last longer.
If yall wanna jump on Golden I guess I'd do that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm It's gotten to the point where everyone is solving the game under the assumption that I'm bad. Might as well let my role flip so town can move on.
I've... literally been doing the opposite of that all day, but you've been engaging everyone else instead.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:33 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:31 pm Yeah, screw it. Golden is bad. We've been on to you for a while and you keep weaseling your way out of the spotlight with your supatown reputation. I'm done falling for the act. We should have lynched you and your buddies days ago and we can't afford to let you last longer.
On the one hand, sure. On the other hand, this game. :wall:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:33 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm It's gotten to the point where everyone is solving the game under the assumption that I'm bad. Might as well let my role flip so town can move on.
I've... literally been doing the opposite of that all day, but you've been engaging everyone else instead.
Yeah maybe you did thanks but the other 10 didnt so whatever.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

You don't get to do this without explanation.

So. What world are we in? Is this because DDL has persuaded you, or do you still think he's scum as well? If the former, why am I scum for listening to him slightly earlier?
Or is this the TH case? What was the straw that broke the camel's back?

You have been all over the dang place, and I'm not following you until I can follow you.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:34 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:33 pm
On the one hand, sure. On the other hand, this game. :wall:
Yeah I dunno man honestly heres my thoughts:

I do think DDL is bad but this whole appealing to emotion thing is kind of making me feel like a shitbird. But like, if he *is* bad its pretty lame to make me feel like a shitbird.

And Golden is also on my Teammate-o-meter list so its like, w/e. Lets get him? :grin:

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm Yeah I dunno man honestly heres my thoughts:

I do think DDL is bad but this whole appealing to emotion thing is kind of making me feel like a shitbird. But like, if he *is* bad its pretty lame to make me feel like a shitbird.

And Golden is also on my Teammate-o-meter list so its like, w/e. Lets get him? :grin:
I get you.

If it was you going for it initially and not Nutella, I'd wouldn't hesitate. :p But I know for a fact how wrong and spastic nutella's been all day, and I need more to go on.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Really shitting in my shoebox with this lynch you guys. Can we just get a baddie?

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That said, I am 100% against emotional arguments in games. Either way, whether town or scum. I should be policy-lynching DDL just for doing it. It's how JJJ won alone in Phenon: Origins, after I crippled his team on D1. It takes the logic and hunting out of games and turns it into a judging of character. So yeah, emotional arguments sicken me. (No offense, DDL. I think you're genuine right now.)

BUT Golden emotionalized first, back on D4, so this is fair.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

For someone who has been on to me for a while this is the first day you’ve shown any indication on suspicion.

Yesterday when you voted for me I said I didn’t think it was real and you didn’t contradict or bite on it at all. Your suspicion of me today is a complete blindside.

The worst bit is that the only thing you’ve said against me all game is that I’m doing captaincy wrong and pocketing my crew while at the same time calling TH above reproach and refusing to disclose why.

I call bullshit. Am I closing in?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Appeal to emotion is NAI to me. I think the idea that people shouldn’t be able to be emotional if they feel emotional is silly. If you let it influence your read, though, that’s on you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

So. What world are we in? Is this because DDL has persuaded you, or do you still think he's scum as well? If the former, why am I scum for listening to him slightly earlier?

You have been all over the dang place, and I'm not following you until I can follow you.
I haven't decided on DDL. But I very strongly believe golden is bad for a multitude of reasons that have accumulated over the course of the game, and I think you are his teammate. Follow me or not, and I know I've been all over the place but I am very secure in this decision.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't think this is the first time I have indicated suspicion on you golden. I considered it tinfoil for a while but it has been there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:43 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

I haven't decided on DDL. (1) But I very strongly believe golden is bad for a multitude of reasons that have accumulated over the course of the game, and (2) I think you are his teammate. Follow me or not, and I know I've been all over the place but I am very secure in this decision.
(1) Such as??

(2) I'm getting to the point where, if you are legitimately town in this game, I will be angered.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Wait, is that an emotional argument? I don't mean it as one.

But man nutella should be able to read me better than this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Psssst, DH. 3-way tie, staring you in the face on that poll.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:47 pm Psssst, DH. 3-way tie, staring you in the face on that poll.
Fuck it lads lets roll.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voted Golden

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:haha: Perfect.

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] What is the protocol on ties?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 pm I don't think this is the first time I have indicated suspicion on you golden. I considered it tinfoil for a while but it has been there.
I mean, it’s definitely felt tinfoil. I’m blindsided by it being more than that.

I don’t really think you are bad with DDL though and it would be bold to defend TH that strongly if you’re his teammate.

But shake your head out of it and listen from the other side. THs baddiness oozes all over the thread and you’re protecting him from an ivory tower. There’s no room for that. State your reasons. In case he’s pocketing you this needs to be openly discussed.

I’m open to being wrong but I’m not open to your game that has essentially been ‘golden is doing the ship game all wrong reading his crew as town but in our case we are right’. If you can’t see the blind hypocrisy in that...
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 96
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm I started making some mental argument at how Golden was arrogant or whatever but then I realized it's pointless.

I'm being lynched because I have been emotionally broken in this game. I was kicked from nearly every crew, called bad by almost every player, had everyone who once trusted me call me bad, and saw myself vote wrong in every poll. At some point I got so distressed I started latching out at people. And that made them want to lynch me more.

I guess I've learned something about myself. If you want to lynch civ DDL in a non-lylo situation, you need to break him emotionally. There is an article in mafiascum that says people are more likely to lynch when there is drama in the lynch. Well, to mislynch me, you need to make me provide that drama. That takes the whole game, but I will eventually break. It's the same that happened in Turf Wars.

It's gotten to the point where everyone is solving the game under the assumption that I'm bad. Might as well let my role flip so town can move on.

It's over. I won't spend time with what makes me unhappy. I will not post anymore today.

Good game.
I felt really bad when I read this and I haven't even said anything about you. Before you posted this I would have said I'm just not sure about you. But, I don't think you would use this appeal, saying you were emotionally broken, unless it's true. If you were to trot this out as scum we would collectively never forget it, never trust you again, and it would taint your reputation long into the future. I don't think you'd do that so I believe you and will not vote for you. I'm sure some will call me a sucker but such is life.

lots of linki I haven't read
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anybody dicks up this three way tie and I'll come getcha.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm Anybody dicks up this three way tie and I'll come getcha.
What is the goal here with the 3 way tie? To end the day with it? I'm just trying to understand the logic.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm Anybody dicks up this three way tie and I'll come getcha.
What is the goal here with the 3 way tie? To end the day with it? I'm just trying to understand the logic.
Memes.

I'm not serious about letting it stay. DH will probably get me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

1. I think its funny
2. All 3 people in the tie are on my Teammate-o-meter list

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:59 pm
1. I think its funny
2. All 3 people in the tie are on my Teammate-o-meter list
Ok.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Guys, I’m not going to fight my lynch. I won’t be around much more from now anyway.

I’ve been coasting since I fired my crew. It was hard to find motivation after that. I got it back in a brief wave of inspiration this morning, but it’s gone again now.

So some parting thoughts:

1) search for me being the highest posted when I’m scum. You won’t find it. It’s sometging I can’t force.

2) for all that it’s said that I’m my supatown self this game, reflect on the resistance to me all game long. My bid for captaincy. My acts as captain. My case on TH. Now, I have this on DDL, I make a legit case, and I’m immediately in the mix. This game has come with extreme difficulty and resistance to me. I’ve got no one to do much of anything.

3) Go read THs iso. Look at his approach to the game and approach to me. I’ve made cases. He’s made none, just compared me to Courage. If ever there’s an appeal to emotion that doesn’t present as one, it’s that. He wants you to remember how you felt there.

You should mull those things over and map them to my scum or town game for yourselves. I want to avoid a mislynch. But I don’t want to fight people on it.

I had a long run of being town. People forget my scum game when that happens. In courage I made slips and mistakes, but wasn’t held accountable for them because people drift into seeing me as town. Here I think the spectre and immediate memory of Courage is hanging over several people. If you must, go read me in that game.

I think Nutella’s vote on me is likely heavily influenced by TH talking about me behind closed doors where I can’t see him. I can’t do much about that. But if I’m lynched, please don’t let him go gently into the night.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

IDK my dudes the mafia are playing a p. good game so far I just can't call it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DFaraday »

But I want to vote Golden.

DDL is reading totally genuine to me and his outbursts feel like genuine civ frustration, while Golden's reactions feel more manufactured. I'm not really examining things in-depth at this point, just going off reads.

I don't have much of an opinion on Enrique one way or another, but I could vote there if someone sums up why I should.

Linki: Golden's legacy post isn't making me feel better about him. Votes [VOTE: Golden] aubergine
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DFaraday COMING BACK TO FINISH OFF ANOTHER TEAMMATE!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:51 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 pm I don't think this is the first time I have indicated suspicion on you golden. I considered it tinfoil for a while but it has been there.
I mean, it’s definitely felt tinfoil. I’m blindsided by it being more than that.

I don’t really think you are bad with DDL though and it would be bold to defend TH that strongly if you’re his teammate.

But shake your head out of it and listen from the other side. THs baddiness oozes all over the thread and you’re protecting him from an ivory tower. There’s no room for that. State your reasons. In case he’s pocketing you this needs to be openly discussed.

I’m open to being wrong but I’m not open to your game that has essentially been ‘golden is doing the ship game all wrong reading his crew as town but in our case we are right’. If you can’t see the blind hypocrisy in that...
I have my reasons. I have stated the ones that I can put into words. I am open to being wrong but I think it is extremely unlikely. TH is town. You are stubborn and maybe you aren't bad but I think you are and I'm following my gut. And it's not about you "doing the shop game wrong", but that could have been part of your manipulation.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm DFaraday COMING BACK TO FINISH OFF ANOTHER TEAMMATE!
Absolute legend.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Fucking hell.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 pm DFaraday COMING BACK TO FINISH OFF ANOTHER TEAMMATE!
The kiss of death
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I can't wait to see Glorfindel's reaction when Golden flips bad :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:10 pm I can't wait to see Glorfindel's reaction when Golden flips bad :haha:
You’ll be waiting a while.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Nutella starts a train on Sokoth
DF comes out of nowhere to add to it
Sokoth is lynched as scum

Nutella starts a train on Golden
DF comes out of nowhere to add to it
Golden gets lynched as ???
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”