Other (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 10
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 8

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Well if it makes you feel any better, you're not great at reading my tone, either. :P
I can shake your hand on that.

Let's talk since I'm drinking and (due to weather) I don't have to get up early.

I'm civilian.

Let me assume you're civilian too.

birdwithteeth11 flips good. Where goes that leave us?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

More lost than ever before.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well I meant "does," not "goes." Which is funny as hell to me since I was writing in a hurry because I had to piss.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I knew what you meant, I guess I assumed that the drinking had already affected your typing fingers :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I knew what you meant, I guess I assumed that the drinking had already affected your typing fingers :D
Now that I've voted and you have voted, can you tell me why birdwithteeth11? I don't mean to be a bug, but I really don't get it.

I went through your relevant posts again, and I still didn't see it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just really think he's bad. I know you said I'm poor at reading tone, but to be honest I think that's one thing that I'm really good at in mafia, and in the absence of actual evidence I have to go with my read of a person and stick to my gut. It's why I defended Mongoose and Hedge during their respective lynches, and it's why I didn't vote for MP (although I was wrong about him and got suckered, a mistake I hope to not make in future games). I've caught many baddies because of small things I've picked up on in their posts. You may have noticed I've called you out on small things as well. It's part of my process.

In addition to that, if BWT flips bad it will go a long way toward validating my theory that the silencer/remover, who we both agree is probably Stone Cold, has joined a team. I think we can learn some things from BWT's lynch. Going into today, he was my biggest suspect that we were allowed to vote for, so of course I went after him. I have other suspects, but given how quiet this game has been so far, I doubt I'd have gotten any traction against them. Especially since most of my suspects aren't really interested in playing/talking.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I just really think he's bad. I know you said I'm poor at reading tone, but to be honest I think that's one thing that I'm really good at in mafia, and in the absence of actual evidence I have to go with my read of a person and stick to my gut. It's why I defended Mongoose and Hedge during their respective lynches, and it's why I didn't vote for MP (although I was wrong about him and got suckered, a mistake I hope to not make in future games). I've caught many baddies because of small things I've picked up on in their posts. You may have noticed I've called you out on small things as well. It's part of my process.

In addition to that, if BWT flips bad it will go a long way toward validating my theory that the silencer/remover, who we both agree is probably Stone Cold, has joined a team. I think we can learn some things from BWT's lynch. Going into today, he was my biggest suspect that we were allowed to vote for, so of course I went after him. I have other suspects, but given how quiet this game has been so far, I doubt I'd have gotten any traction against them. Especially since most of my suspects aren't really interested in playing/talking.
Is there any reason you couldn't have said this 24 hours ago? :evileye: :p

But all right, I get this.

Just to be clear- I don't like your methodology of ifs and buts and candies and nuts. I don't see any REASON that Steve got recruited and I don't see any REASON that bwt voted for himself and asked that people voted for him earlier. And I don't see any REASON that so few people are talking yet are happy to vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was trying to say this earlier, but you were incredibly antagonistic toward a lot of my thoughts and I don't think you were getting the message. And maybe that frustration showed in my posts at the time. I think taking a step back toward the end of this lynch did a lot of good for my clarity and emotional wellbeing :P

I said before that I think Steve Austin's lack of a win condition is telling. His power is utterly useless if he's a true indy. Why would an indy care about taking people off the poll, especially the most suspicious people? It's some ifs and buts, but I'm not privy to all the secrets of the game, and my time playing mafia has taught me not to assume anything or take anything at face value.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

This is the last thing I will post before I get lynched.

I was genuinely distracted and genuinely couldn't get my mind into this game. I think it was because I got really far behind around the holidays and was never able to fully catch up. I promise when The Tournament of Champions rolls around, I will do a much better job and be much more active then. Sorry again!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I believe you BWT. You're a good player, and I look forward to playing with you again in the future. :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:Especially since most of my suspects aren't really interested in playing/talking.
Ironically, I thought that since this game was primarily taking place over the break, people would be more active than at other times of the year. Apparently I'm the only person who operates on a school schedule. :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This is a really great game DF, you obviously put a lot of time into it. I wish you could be rewarded for that by having active and engaged players. The holiday break probably did cut into the playing time of some people in this game. Real life can be a bitch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I was trying to say this earlier, but you were incredibly antagonistic toward a lot of my thoughts and I don't think you were getting the message. And maybe that frustration showed in my posts at the time. I think taking a step back toward the end of this lynch did a lot of good for my clarity and emotional wellbeing :P

I said before that I think Steve Austin's lack of a win condition is telling. His power is utterly useless if he's a true indy. Why would an indy care about taking people off the poll, especially the most suspicious people? It's some ifs and buts, but I'm not privy to all the secrets of the game, and my time playing mafia has taught me not to assume anything or take anything at face value.
May I offer my disagreement? Here:
Turnip Head wrote:Does anyone have a good reason to not vote BWT today? I'm also still suspicious of Lizzy based on my interactions with her yesterday, and my suspicion of Devin still lingers, but the case on BWT seems so clear cut.

I also don't believe the silence + poll removal is the doing of an Indy role. It seems like one of the baddie teams has some secrets, probably the Heels. Maybe they got to take over the role of a dead player that they discovered. I see no other reason for BWT and CBK to be silenced, especially since they both were barely even talking. Someone is trying to save them from lynches.
Here you indicate that the silencing and the poll removal are not from the same role. You think it's a bad team's doing.
Turnip Head wrote:Why would Stone Cold choose those two players? Both were in danger of being the next player lynched right before they were taken off the poll. Does Steve Austin think they were wrongfully accused? and as an indy, why would he care anyways? And why didn't we see this power being used on the first 5 nights in the game?

For the record I'm no longer sold on BWT being the SK although it's still likely that he could be. But I do think he's a baddie who knows he's been caught one way or the other. He gave up trying to defend himself. Even now that he's no longer silenced, he doesn't seem interested in clearing his name.
I write very cool Independent roles with unique win conditions. I don't know why you assume Steve Austin got recruited. He may have, but that's a wild assumption. But your assumption now assumes I'm right- that Steve Austin removes people from the poll, silences them, and disallows their vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah, I initially thought the silencer was a baddie team's secret. I amended that to be that the baddie team's secret is Steve Austin. Does that make sense?

It's a theory, possibly a wild one, but it's what I've got.

I'm not assuming he was recruited, I just think he has been. Perhaps BWT's lynch will shed more light on the possibility.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Yeah, I initially thought the silencer was a baddie team's secret. I amended that to be that the baddie team's secret is Steve Austin. Does that make sense?

It's a theory, possibly a wild one, but it's what I've got.

I'm not assuming he was recruited, I just think he has been. Perhaps BWT's lynch will shed more light on the possibility.
Well, about an hour will tell. I have 24 oz of Miller Lite and some cheap port left. I am looking forward to this.

Fighting is fun, but I hope you're right.

I mean God I haven't been.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If BWT hadn't been a suspect today, and you and I had never had our discussion that led you to vote for me again, who would you have gone after today? Part of the reason I suspect you of being BWT's teamie is that you spent all your energy today focused on that and not going on your own thoughts and suspicions, which you had been doing up until that point. It seemed that you latched onto my thoughts on BWT in a way you hadn't done in the game until this point. You had been playing your own game (and getting civs killed in the process :P , but this actually doesn't have much to do with why I was/am suspicious of you).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:If BWT hadn't been a suspect today, and you and I had never had our discussion that led you to vote for me again, who would you have gone after today? Part of the reason I suspect you of being BWT's teamie is that you spent all your energy today focused on that and not going on your own thoughts and suspicions, which you had been doing up until that point. It seemed that you latched onto my thoughts on BWT in a way you hadn't done in the game until this point. You had been playing your own game (and getting civs killed in the process :P , but this actually doesn't have much to do with why I was/am suspicious of you).
My honest answer will be an interesting one at this juncture:

I would have voted for LouLou or Lizzy.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Interesting. Why LouLou? Why Lizzy?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Srry to just jump in but im bored but I would have to say out of those two I would think Lizzy is bad before before Loulou I mean I don't think I have played with either one so I could be looking at this wrong?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Interesting. Why LouLou? Why Lizzy?
I expressed my LouLou suspicion when MP was still around (though I was unable to speak well). I felt that she's feigning ignorance to make it look like she's not on a team.

Lizzy is a more complicated subject. It wasn't my reading of her (she has a civilian game and a bad game, whether she realizes it or not), but it was how others reacted to her.

Also, MP often describes his allies in ambiguous yet unfriendly terms. He did that for both Lizzy and Lou ("slightly leaning baddie").
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No need to apologize Bass, feel free to jump in at any time :D I agree, I haven't been suspicious of LouLou although I think her style of posting is odd and wish she offered more of her thoughts and suspicions. However Lizzy has pinged me multiple times the past few days.

Epi, Lizzy has voted for LouLou twice in a row (although without posting to go along with her vote), and yesterday Lou voted for Lizzy in retaliation. Do you suspect them of being on the same team or different ones?
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I haven't figure out how you play? So if I don't know that how am I suppose to decide if I think you are a baddie or a civ? That why I asked
Oh, ok. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:No need to apologize Bass, feel free to jump in at any time :D I agree, I haven't been suspicious of LouLou although I think her style of posting is odd and wish she offered more of her thoughts and suspicions. However Lizzy has pinged me multiple times the past few days.

Epi, Lizzy has voted for LouLou twice in a row (although without posting to go along with her vote), and yesterday Lou voted for Lizzy in retaliation. Do you suspect them of being on the same team or different ones?
Lizzy's raison d'être is that no one takes her seriously until they decide to. Such a tool is a danger. She is free to vote as she wishes, post as she wishes, ignore as she wishes.

And no one will ever call her on it because "that's what Lizzy does." Vompatti and A Person behave similarly.

But there are subtleties. Look for them.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Re: Lizzy, I agree and I've probably seen some of the subtleties you're talking about. While we're on the subject, what do you think of Vomp and AP?

Vomp was NK'ed early on by the Corp on Night 3, but was rezzed almost immediately after on Day 4. Who do you think rezzed Vomp? And why? I don't know why anyone would so quickly rez someone, especially someone like Vomp who wasn't really contributing, unless that person was a teammate of his. It's possible the rez was an unwritten part of his role, but unlikely. He also survived a kill attempt a few nights ago.

AP survived the lynch on Day 1 and hasn't been discussed since. He did vote for MP, though one of the only things he's been clear on this entire game is that he did so because of some attachment to WOG, who was the other suspect that day. He's made some cameo appearances in the thread today but still hasn't voted or discussed where he's thinking of voting.

And what about Dex, who continues to vote for himself without posting?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I thought Undertaker had to rezz vomp becuase he didn't kill on day four.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Undertaker rezzed Mongoose on Night 4.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Oh ok I had it down wrong in my notes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Re: Lizzy, I agree and I've probably seen some of the subtleties you're talking about. While we're on the subject, what do you think of Vomp and AP?

Vomp was NK'ed early on by the Corp on Night 3, but was rezzed almost immediately after on Day 4. Who do you think rezzed Vomp? And why? I don't know why anyone would so quickly rez someone, especially someone like Vomp who wasn't really contributing, unless that person was a teammate of his. It's possible the rez was an unwritten part of his role, but unlikely. He also survived a kill attempt a few nights ago.

AP survived the lynch on Day 1 and hasn't been discussed since. He did vote for MP, though one of the only things he's been clear on this entire game is that he did so because of some attachment to WOG, who was the other suspect that day. He's made some cameo appearances in the thread today but still hasn't voted or discussed where he's thinking of voting.

And what about Dex, who continues to vote for himself without posting?
A Person survived like a 21-way tie. I put little stock into that.

Vompatti's resurrection must have been from a secret. Whose secret, I cannot tell.

Zany Dex...I hosted him once, he was an extremely good villain.

They're all shitty civilians. That's my honest opinion. No offense guys.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Vomp's rez could also be related to a prize of some sort. I just don't like how quickly he was rezzed. Reminds me of when The Others rezzed Dom right after he died (although we were forced to do that, because if we didn't we would have lost our kill for the next 3 nights :| ). A rezzed Vomp is more useful if he's a baddie than if he's a civvie. Seems a wasted rez if it was done by a civvie. Baddies rezzing him makes more sense, since he's not likely to be lynched due to his style, and they would need him for his power.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well, the deadline is upon us, and I am awake to see it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I wonder why AP didn't vote
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

He probably couldn't think of anything funny to say for his vote.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Day 8 - The Legend Killer has become the Legend Killed

J.R.: What an exciting episode of Raw this has been, King! Three title changes, Highlander Rory betraying Highlander Robbie, a surprise appearance by Doink the Clown, the ring collapsing, the ring getting rebuilt by the "Real Man's Man" William Regal, two interrupted weddings, and now a special message from the Chairman himself!

Vince stood in the ring solemnly.

"It may have taken me awhile to come to this decision, but I hereby declare WWE under martial law! If you find someone you believe to be the murderer, by all means, band together to lynch them!"

Vince was ignoring both the fact that he himself is a murderer and that this is exactly what's been happening for a year and a half. Just then, BWT's theme music played, and he strolled out.

"Now Vince," he began, "Nobody's going to take that idea seriously, it's ridiculous! Take me, for example. As one of the youngest, most athletic, most successful rising stars in this business, I hereby announce that I am an evil murderer! See? Nobody is going to lynch me because of tha-"

Suddenly the locker room emptied and the roster rushed BWT, took him to the top of the arena, and pushed him off. His legend-hunting ways were at an end. Hoist by his own petard.

BWT has been lynched. He was Randy Orton. It is now Night 8 (Wrestlemania). You have 24 hours to get your PMs in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Still makes no sense to me.

I don't like my root vegetables well spotted, but well spotted, Turnip.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: WWE MAFIA - Night 8

Post by Turnip Head »

Good job guys :D

Which part of it doesn't make sense to you, Epi?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Money in the Bank Participants: PM me your pick for an ideal Wrestlemania match and why. It can be a rematch or one that has never happened. The one I agree with most wins the prize.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

RIP BWT. RIH Randy Orton
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Good job guys :D

Which part of it doesn't make sense to you, Epi?
NOTHING made any sense. That's what I'm saying.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by A Person »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I wonder why AP didn't vote
I don't see any reason to vote when there is a clear winner.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I mean Randy orton's role has secrets .
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Who Forked Over the Pain?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:02 am

A Person
No votes

Bass_the_Clever
No votes

Bea
No votes

BWT
Devin the Omniscient (2), Turnip Head (4), S~V~S (7), bea (8), Bass_the_Clever (9), Sorsha (10), birdwithteeth11 (11), Vompatti (12)
50%

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

LouLou26
Lizzy (5)
6%

Mongoose
No votes

Sorsha
No votes

SVS
No votes

Turnip Head
Epignosis (14)
6%

Vompatti
No votes

wrathofgod
No votes

Zany Dex
Zany Dex (6)
6%

Other (host/dead/non)
Roxy (1), kneel4justice (3), thellama73 (13), Leamiteo (15), DFaraday (16)
31%

Total votes : 16
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Everyone who signed up for Money in the Bank has qualified. Just so we're clear. :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 3

Post by Epignosis »

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis wrote: Lizzy is a more complicated subject. It wasn't my reading of her (she has a civilian game and a bad game, whether she realizes it or not), but it was how others reacted to her.

Also, MP often describes his allies in ambiguous yet unfriendly terms. He did that for both Lizzy and Lou ("slightly leaning baddie").
Oh noes! I've been exposed! :overreact: It's not like I've been posting that carp for a while now, right? Good thing we have you and your hawk eyes! ;)
Turnip Head wrote: However Lizzy has pinged me multiple times the past few days.

*ping ping* Bad Lizzy! How dare you vote for LouLou without reiterating that case you've made over a 2 post span 'yesterday' (which I have barely noticed because I was too outraged that you dared bring me up with your cherry picking posts)? ;)

So I suppose I'll still have to vote for one of my teammates again if I make through the night. The things I have to do to gain credibility... :sigh:

:mafia:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am relieved BWT was the baddie we had anticipated.

In re: Lizzybean, I never can read her, so I don't often try (although maybe I should). Maybe someone else has some insights?

Vomps, what do you think about Lizzy's persona this game?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:Vomps, what do you think about Lizzy's persona this game?
I think she's probably a civ but I refuse to vote for her.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

:fiesta: Woot!! Good job guys!

I'm sorry you have been sooooo busy, David!! I can relate. :consoling:
I do look forward to playing with you in the Game of Champions!! :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

Yeah I can never tell with Lizzy's game. But I don't care to try anymore because I feel she hates/dislikes me despite my adopting a similar style to hers... Which is a shame because I used to admire her. Oh well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lizzy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: However Lizzy has pinged me multiple times the past few days.

*ping ping* Bad Lizzy! How dare you vote for LouLou without reiterating that case you've made over a 2 post span 'yesterday' (which I have barely noticed because I was too outraged that you dared bring me up with your cherry picking posts)? ;)
I didn't say you voted for LouLou without reason, just that you didn't state either of your votes in any posts.

And I wasn't outraged by your awful, manipulative case against me. I was simply perplexed by it because it made no sense. :derp:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Lizzy »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Yeah I can never tell with Lizzy's game. But I don't care to try anymore because I feel she hates/dislikes me despite my adopting a similar style to hers... Which is a shame because I used to admire her. Oh well.
WTF I totally love you in a non-erotic way k :hugs:
Now go back to admiring me. (or else :mafia: )
Turnip Head wrote: I didn't say you voted for LouLou without reason, just that you didn't state either of your votes in any posts.

And I wasn't outraged by your awful, manipulative case against me. I was simply perplexed by it because it made no sense. :derp:
Hah! You should see the cases against me! That's the game, mate! Besides, depending on how ridiculous a case is you can learn a thing or two about your accuser. Oops! another slip! :mafia:

[/ping]

Return to “Previous Jobs”