Total votes: 13
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:29 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm Eloh thinks i’m good and bad at the same time
Sounds like a very townie mindset. Eloh I mean.
can’t tell if sarcasm
Not sarcasm.
I haven't looked at all of her posts, but to be indecisive on someone like that is usually a town-tell
Luna's Wins/Losses
Spoiler: show
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm I think ColinIsCum
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm Eloh thinks i’m good and bad at the same time
can’t tell if sarcasm
Not sarcasm.
I haven't looked at all of her posts, but to be indecisive on someone like that is usually a town-tell
I encourage you to look, because I don’t think it’s indecision. I think it’s an actual oopsie. nutella summed it up well too.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
i will say why this post made me cringe and sloob can talk about it.

fake suspicion is fine. it’s a means to an end. i pretend to suspect Mac in half the days 1 we play in, because his handling of that informs my read. it creates a baseline.

i don’t quite get the impression here that you’re working to inform your LC read here sloobei doobie doo. instead it looks more like you wanted to appear as a content-facilitator and had to step right off the gas when it got hot. i wouldn’t expect civilian sloob to make this post
Wheres the suspicion? Why not this time?
because i don’t feel like it tbh

i was the last to sign up for a reason. i’m in no shape to play mafia right now
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

luna good
Mac good
nutella good
LC good

i endorse their leadership of the thread

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm Also, lynching speedchuck on day one is just straight up lazy. Come on people, we can do better than that.
Which day 1 votes would not be lazy? Bad point, Lunalee.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

can’t tell if sarcasm
Not sarcasm.
it doesn't look like legitimate indecision though. she literally said "I'm sus of Jay" and "I don't think anything happened to jay on d0" in the same post
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

someone has voted for me but i don't know who yet but when i do bitch i will come for you
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bullzeye wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:59 pm
Bullzeye wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 pm Also, Sloonei, to your question of if I have thoughts about specific players. I didn't mention it explicitly when I quoted this post:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 am
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 am Very initial first impression of the thread: Jay feels off, don't know why though
Probably trying to avoid the obvious conclusion that he was recruited.
But I found it a bit shifty. Something to keep an eye on.
Are you keeping an eye on Jack or Jay? Why?
Jack. Because it's an "obvious conclusion" Jay would be a recruit. Sure, if the baddies were choosing players rather than roles they might like to pick someone with the reputation of Jay but that's not the case. It seems to me like something a baddie might say to cast doubt on someone they wanted rid of without having to go all out. Does that make sense?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm No need to apologize if you feel you have rust to shake off, Bullzeye. That's going to be a natural feeling after such a long break. Also, don't let my interrogation do anything to discourage you! I just ask loads of questions and try to get things into the thread as thoroughly as possible for my own sake. you do you, I appreciate your input so far.
You're not discouraging, this is actually quite helpful :)
Jack scumread 3J already. His post makes sense that way. That's if you look past the fact he didn't see 3J as a recruiter, which I will.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

I am sus of Quin yo
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bullzeye wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 pm Comments showing ignorance of the recruitment mechanic are listed below. First, a particularly noteworthy post from the signup thread.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:03 pm For anybody wondering, the main mechanic is a recruitment: Most of the players will not begin as good or bad. Light and Wily will recruit roles. Wily will find out his mafia team of players gradually as they join BTSC. Light will not know his civilian team at all.
I remember it because it's what convinced me to sign up, recruitment being one of my favourite mechanics. I'll not bother quoting the opening post of the game that shows the main baddie picks four people to join his team during Day 0.
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 am Is this actually recruitment mafia? Been a few mentions of it but I've read nothing in thread to suggest it.
The above comments make this question sound crazy.
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
When do you think the decisions on recruitment were made?
Going back to the LC discussion I find this to be one of the stranger questions he asks, because everyone knows when the decisions were made. Maybe not to the minute, but we can narrow it down to a specific 24 hour period.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am How many bad robots do we think there are?
Odd question considering it's pretty clearly four. Or five, if the recruiting bad guy is also a robot looking for robot friends. Either way, strange thing to ask.

I think there's merit to the idea of baddies feigning ignorance about the recruitment setup in order to appear innocent. Honestly, Quin's comment above strikes me as the most suspicious.
Straight up didn't see it. Did a CTRL+F search for 'recruit' and everything. Put it down to classic Quin incompetence :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:42 pm I am sus of Quin yo
it doesn't count unless you mention your quindar
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:51 pm [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
oh fuck no

do better.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
i don't understand this post but i know i disagree with it
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:39 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm Alongside my sus of Jay, I think Quin is civ, I think Mac is civ, I think Sloon could have slipped saying "If I'm Civ" but I see no other signs pointing to baddie, and I am neutral on nutella although she is being kind-of mean overall.
Sloonei, I am confused. Did Jack through out cum reads before or after alignments were given. I see a contradiction in your posts here.
To the first point about me, I was talking in strict hypotheticals. Mac was making bogus accusations about me. I illuminated him on my approach to the game as a civilian. It'd be ludicrous to accuse me of scum-slipping there.
Agreed. Hypotheticals aren't something I associate with scumslips. Unless you're me in Mad Max after having literally just scumslipped.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:19 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:17 pm Alongside my sus of Jay, I think Quin is civ, I think Mac is civ, I think Sloon could have slipped saying "If I'm Civ" but I see no other signs pointing to baddie, and I am neutral on nutella although she is being kind-of mean overall.

Quin, don't let anything make you guess your coolness.

Nutella, saying things like "naw bish" doesn't make you cool. :P

And what is this love relationship going on between Mac and Nut?

Sloon, I doubt anything happened to Jay on Day 0. I think he was telling the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:58 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:52 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:36 pm I forget how to play mafia. Someone remind me.
Scumread. :omg:
Jack threw a scumread on me for a post I made before I had an alignment. I assume he did the same for others.

This gives me a townread on Jack.
Jack isn't the recruiter. I'll say that. I don't know about the rest of it since he may not have had an alignment at the time himself.
We were well into Day 1 when he started throwing these posts around. He had an alignment.
Sloonei, I am confused. Did Jack through out cum reads before or after alignments were given. I see a contradiction in your posts here.
Yeah this is a Mafia I think
I don't know why I needed my own line.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm Townlean on Kness. He’s saying things I expect town Kness to say.

Pro tip if you’re going to use a notepad. Take a selfie with the notepad to prove you are really using it. Based on past experiences, this leads to victory 100% of the time.
What kinds of things does town K-Ness say?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm Oops, just saw Simon was playing. Apologies for my language. Don’t grow up to be like me
oh my god
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm luna good
Mac good
nutella good
LC good

well its not up to you is it
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

3J is still good.
Mac is good.
Eloh is good.

Sloonei is...good?
jack is...good?

nova is bad.
lunalee is bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

also Kyle is bad
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm luna good
Mac good
nutella good
LC good

well its not up to you is it
of course it is

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i think my mafia rut is over guys i can actually post more than 3 times in a row without devolving into sarcasm and wifom
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:49 pm Like, your fake vote for him and the way you just restated Luna's points -- so much feigned bullshit. If you don't actually suspect him you don't need to pretend that you do in order to generate discussion. Literally you could have just said the last sentence "Let's talk about this" and would have gotten the effect you wanted.
Why did I move my vote the moment LC responded?
Why did you vote there in the first place?

Just, let me say this sentence again. If you don't actually suspect him you don't need to pretend that you do in order to generate discussion. There is pretty much never any good reason for a civilian to pretend to suspect someone they don't suspect. It's primarily a scum move. If you're town you should just honestly say what you mean. I can understand the strategy of exaggerating a suspicion a little bit to stimulate discussion/gauge reactions, but I don't think you did that effectively here. Except that you successfully got a reaction from me :slick:
If you feel this way then I’ve been scummy in every game I’ve ever played.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:26 pm to be fair i pretend to suspect people on day 1 of every game as a civilian. it’s key for stirring things up
:nicenod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:35 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm Also, lynching speedchuck on day one is just straight up lazy. Come on people, we can do better than that.
No, 48 hours is plenty of time to riddle out a reasonable lynch candidate without falling back on poor "well he's usually scum" fallacy.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:42 pm I am sus of Quin yo
it doesn't count unless you mention your quindar
Yeah, if it was a quindar thing, I'd vote you. I don't have a toneread from the quindar yet. XD
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:36 pm
can’t tell if sarcasm
Not sarcasm.
it doesn't look like legitimate indecision though. she literally said "I'm sus of Jay" and "I don't think anything happened to jay on d0" in the same post
Oh, found the post.
That is a little strange, but I still don't think it's a scum-tell. [mention]Elohcin[/mention] Did you forget you suspected Jay mid-post, or did you change your mind on him mid-post?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 pm i think my mafia rut is over guys i can actually post more than 3 times in a row without devolving into sarcasm and wifom
mafia nut
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 pm 3J is still good.
Mac is good.
Eloh is good.

Sloonei is...good?
jack is...good?

nova is bad.
lunalee is bad.
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 pmalso Kyle is bad
plz expand
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I suspect Speedchuck less after seeing the quote from Epi about Light and Wiley recruiting. Sloonei would then be my top suspect, but there's already votes on him. Oh well. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today. There's no way this stays as-is for the next 19 hours.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:35 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:35 pm
No, 48 hours is plenty of time to riddle out a reasonable lynch candidate without falling back on poor "well he's usually scum" fallacy.
Didn't get that whole 'he's usually scum' thing from your post. Sounded like you just didn't want him lynched Day 1 as a matter of course.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:54 pm
Mac is good.
Eloh is good.

Sloonei is...good?
jack is...good?

nova is bad.
lunalee is bad.
plz expand
The town reads are gut for the most part. Some other minor stuff, I guess. dunya took a steaming turd on my reputation for sorting Eloh correctly early, but I'm gonna stick with it.

nova's vote came out of the blue and his subsequent explanation sucks. He didn't even try to engage me before running off.

Lunalee talking about speedchuck doesn't come across well to me.

I thought I'd put you as a civilian after talking to you before, thinking on it, so I have no idea why I've called you bad aside from instinct. There's no way I'm voting for you over it, at least.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

putting headphones on immediately after having a shower makes my eardrums itchy
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm @Turnip Head what was the last game you were playing mafia during
The same thing we do every night, Kylemii. Try to take over the world.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm I suspect Speedchuck less after seeing the quote from Epi about Light and Wiley recruiting. Sloonei would then be my top suspect, but there's already votes on him. Oh well. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

I doubt Sloonei will be lynched today. There's no way this stays as-is for the next 19 hours.
What do you think of all this town cred you've suddenly amassed?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 pm
Mac is good.
Eloh is good.

Sloonei is...good?
jack is...good?

nova is bad.
lunalee is bad.
plz expand
The town reads are gut for the most part. Some other minor stuff, I guess. dunya took a steaming turd on my reputation for sorting Eloh correctly early, but I'm gonna stick with it.

nova's vote came out of the blue and his subsequent explanation sucks. He didn't even try to engage me before running off.

I thought I'd put you as a civilian after talking to you before, thinking on it, so I have no idea why I've called you bad aside from instinct. There's no way I'm voting for you over it, at least.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 pm
Mac is good.
Eloh is good.

Sloonei is...good?
jack is...good?

nova is bad.
lunalee is bad.
plz expand

I mean, I've explained it to you already.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:04 pm I suspect Speedchuck less after seeing the quote from Epi about Light and Wiley recruiting. Sloonei would then be my top suspect, but there's already votes on him. Oh well. [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

On one hand it's pretty righteous, on the other it's like "hey slow down guys, I don't need the headache".
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fun fact, the first Mega Man game was painted by Leonardo da Vinci in 1483. The game was called Magnus Homo and Mega Man's penis was two pixels wide, which was considered revolutionary at the time. Many people don't know this.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 pm

On one hand it's pretty righteous, on the other it's like "hey slow down guys, I don't need the headache".
Hmm I bet it's more like "oh shit, what did I do right?" :grin:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
i will say why this post made me cringe and sloob can talk about it.

fake suspicion is fine. it’s a means to an end. i pretend to suspect Mac in half the days 1 we play in, because his handling of that informs my read. it creates a baseline.

i don’t quite get the impression here that you’re working to inform your LC read here sloobei doobie doo. instead it looks more like you wanted to appear as a content-facilitator and had to step right off the gas when it got hot. i wouldn’t expect civilian sloob to make this post
I was responded directly to this post where LC accuses me of being wishywashy and a bunch of other stuff. I wanted to make it clear that my stance was never "LC is bad" but only "Let's talk about a thing Lunalee said about LC."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why am I tops?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I assumed Mac was just doing his usual antagonistic thing with me at first but now he seems to be sincerely riding the "everything Sloonei does is bad" train, I assume because it worked in Greece. But here it's all just fart butter and I wouldn't care about it one bit if it wasn't directed at me.

I'd prefer not to spend the rest of the phase defending myself though. Haters can hate. I'm a player, and players play.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I like Quin and I like LC. Jack still seems good, but he negated my reason for town-reading him earlier and I'm still confused by that. I feel lukewarm on Jay, I'd lean town so far but that's not definitive.

I'm not big on the Colin stuff I've seen. I'll take a closer look at him to see what comes out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm Reading the thread back, I don’t like any of you motherfuckers.
Aggressive (re)-entry. This promises to be good. Right?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:23 am Hi everyone, we’re here to have a fun time and be friendly to eachother, right?! Let’s do our best to have a beautiful day :daisy:
Absolute fucking scum here
Okay. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm I’m kidding you guys, you’re all swell. But some of you are bad.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
Luna’s not bad though.
Walks back the prior aggression and assigns a "not bad" read to Luna. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm it’s kind of fascinating to play like a goober because i have read nearly everything and still have no clue what’s going on. the only difference is my general apathy and it affects all of my reasoning and intuitive skills.

cool
Jay is apathetic because Jay is scum and he doesn’t have to put any effort into solving or reading anything, even — he just has to live or confuse the hell out of people if he can’t. I’ll take one (1) winner’s banner please
This is not a thing I could see JaggedJimmyJay doing as scum. I don't agree with this post, but I don't know if I dislike it either. I could see reason for scum Colin to want to provoke town Jay, but it doesn't have to be the case.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:11 pm Good: Luna, Mac, Jack, Nutella, Speedchuck

Bad: Quin, Sloonei, Long Con, JJJ
Why? x8
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm I can elaborate on any of those reads upon request but my laptop is vomiting all over itself so it’s a little hard to be thorough on mobile
I see. I'll wait for all the elaboration.

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm [VOTE: SLOONEY] aubergine

I'll try to keep tabs on this tomorrow
:meany:

In conclusion: nothing here that is explicitly bad, but there's also an absence of things that I'd say are definitively good. Imma keep an eye on Colin for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

After my Colin post I blindly clicked on Turnip Head's ISO, so let's have a look while I'm here:
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 am
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:39 am hey uhhhhhhh where the hell is noble captain @Turnip Head

i hope he's still not in that gross old kitchen, rotting vegetables are not fun
Sup yunqers, I just caught up :smoky:

You are probably bad :smoky: :mafia: :smoky: :mafia: :smoky:
:ponder:

No immediate follow-up to this post, but I'd be a fool to expect TH to keep a firm grip on things early on.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Why didn't you ever suspect Long Con?
He acknowledged me. I've since acknowledged this question.

A series of joke posts. Then this:

Legitimate question, I like the angle and it's abstract enough to suggest to me that TH is actually thinking about something with regards to LC. Townie point.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm Fun fact, the first Mega Man game was painted by Leonardo da Vinci in 1483. The game was called Magnus Homo and Mega Man's penis was two pixels wide, which was considered revolutionary at the time. Many people don't know this.
A very valuable lesson in history. Much appreciated. Townie point.

Leaning townip head.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day0]

Post by Sloonei »

nutella's turn
nutella wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:17 pm It was a nice quiet Day 0. Nothing happened.
Who are you and what have you done with Jay
I could see this is a scum dipping their toe in the waters. There's a half-serious implication that Jay's behavior is out of character, which carries with it the potential suggestion that Jay is anti-town, but nutella is not directly taking a stance. Instead she's just floating the possibility that something is amiss here without actually addressing it specifically. :smoky:
Or, you know, she's just observing that Jay said a weird thing.
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:39 am Is this actually recruitment mafia? Been a few mentions of it but I've read nothing in thread to suggest it.
u r mafia recruiter
came here to say this
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:17 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:56 am Sloonei is Mafia. Lynch him this time please. Last time he was Mafia I caught him straight away and they killed me and it took town seventeen phases to lynch him.
k but quin first quin is deadass the mafia recruiter
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:14 am i think we should all just assume we're civilians. in every game. like, we shouldn't even check our role cards. just run with it.
look at this poser trying to fit into the cool kid conversation about how the rest of us didn't know our alignments at the beginning :smoky:
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:14 am i think we should all just assume we're civilians. in every game. like, we shouldn't even check our role cards. just run with it.
look at this poser trying to fit into the cool kid conversation about how the rest of us didn't know our alignments at the beginning :smoky:
I can't tell why she feels so strongly about Quin, but I'm not looking at these posts in context. I remember reading the thread around this time, but I don't remember anything Quin said or why he'd be a suspect from it. Maybe I'll find out more as I go.
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:26 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:11 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:03 am It's the sort of thing Jay looks back at later when one of you flips and gives the other town points. Sloonei seeding wifom for later.
This post is very dumb.
So you wouldn't do that?
I would. But if I'm town I am also going to get to know the folks I've never played with before.

linki: stop posting so much.
If you're town? If? Are you unsure?
Yup.
It should be pretty clear by now
nutella and mac both decided to conjure suspicion out of my flippancy. This is a thing that I dislike. The angle which suggests I scumslipped here is borderline offensive to me.
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:31 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:29 am okay bye 4 real luv u all soooOOOOoooo muchz :-* :-*
good lord

ok imma throw you a bone buddy

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

*puts a pillow under jay's head*
Not sure why she's voting speedchuck here.
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:40 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 am
u r mafia recruiter
came here to say this
Why do you think speedchuck is a better vote than Quin?
I'm not sure that I did at the time, it was an impulsive thing but I did think his vote for Jay was an overreaction (though seeing his explanation now I may have misinterpreted it). I had a theory about Quin based on one thing but it wasn't very strong and I didn't believe it enough for a vote. I became more confident in my vote for speed in this catchup what with his weird exchange with you about recruitment. Though thinking about it there is a world in which he has a point about sprityo. :ponder:
I kinda like this post even though it's not entirely clear what she's saying at any point. She seems to purposefully conceal her reason for suspecting Quin earlier, and gives a vague, but not empty, explanation for her speedchuck vote. I don't take her vagueness here to be the sort of hesitant waffling that I'd associate with scum players. Rather, I see it as a player who's drawing from a real train of thought and not bothering to fill in all the blanks for the thread. There's nothing wrong with that and her words look sincere here. Townie point.
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 pm speedchuck why did you vote for me
"Gee guys, nothing at all happened at the end of day one and I never got a recruitment PM no sirree"

That was your first post of D1, paraphrased by me. Or something like that. Why did you vote for me?
cuz i thought you were making a crappy statement on my meta when you voted for me (i.e. jjj would NEVAR celebrate a quiet day 0)

u okay tho so i’ll probably vote for someone else whenever i feel like playing
That's the same thing I assumed, especially since I had immediately beforehand made a comment to such an effect. I assumed speed was questioning jay's meta in the same way I was but in a much stronger manner and I thought it was weird that he immediately took it to vote territory. I see now that he interpreted jay's post as a sign he may have been recruited, which I disagree with but is a more valid motivation.
Some elaboration on the previous post. I dig it.

Rather than dragging up all the things she said to/about me, I'll just reiterate my stance on it and move on: No.

Then some stuff about Eloh that I like. These ISOs are mostly just an exercise for my own sake to start forming reads. I've formed one on nutella: She's good, but wrong about me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I think the reason people suspect Quin is because his "what are tha rules " posts were the most fake-sounding
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That's my reason enyway
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”