Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Re: WWE MAFIA - Night 8

Post by Draconus »

But I AM a Hulkamaniac... :|
Sorsha wrote:Great... TH is dead.... Now who's gonna talk to Epi? :mad:
Bass- Devon isn't dead.... :confused:
Ture on both counts! The TH point, I guess, means less reading ;)

And <High Five> for surviving the NKs with me, Sorsha! :fiesta:
I'm confused about both baddie teams getting to NK at the same time, though... Was this a mistake, DF???

And finally, :rip: TH, Lou, and Lizzy :rip:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 9

Post by Mongoose »

Holy mother of pearl.

Reminded me a bit of the Bioshock game when ~7 people died.

So where do we go from here, guys?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Epig: How did you know you wouldn't die tonight?
Epignosis wrote:Also Host, when I'm dead (won't happen tonight) what EVER will you do without me? :p
I didn't think anything of this comment before the night post when Almost 5 people died.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: *Last Night*

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I suspect some items were in play last night.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

Maybe I didn't know. :eek:

Maybe I could go at any time. :overreact:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Well, I'm back from the desert, in RL and in the game. :) The conference went well, and the trip was awesome.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It seems reasonable to surmise that on Night 7, whoever Eddie is targeted whoever is HHH. Then on Night 8, Eddie got to kill instead of HHH.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Epignosis wrote:Maybe I didn't know. :eek:

And, I call BS. I'm pretty sure you're bad, and I think it's time everyone stops giving you a free pass. Yeah, I know I've been the center of a lot of accusation, but I'm willing to take the risk to help take you down.

And so it begins... Go ahead, tell me how I'm hypocritical or grill me. I'm ready.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You've been "the center of a lot of accusation," but you're willing to take a risk to take me down? Just what risk would you be taking?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: I'm confused about both baddie teams getting to NK at the same time, though... Was this a mistake, DF???
I make many mistakes, but that was not one of them. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

The risk is drawing attention to myself of course. I mean practically half the players vowed to vote for me again. [mild exaggeration]
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Then it would seem you have an incentive to try to get me lynched today. That's hardly taking a risk. ;)
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Well, whatever you mean by incentive is beyond me, but I see you're going to just play it cool. That's ok. I don't blame you. I don't think it takes too much to begin pointing out evidence on you. You can blow off getting civvies lynched and conveniently diverting your vote to look innocent all you want. Being out in the open is the best cover, right? You don't show any qualms about these deaths, and your I don't give a crap style covers for you.

And then there's little things like this. You know too much about how this works.
Epignosis wrote:It seems reasonable to surmise that on Night 7, whoever Eddie is targeted whoever is HHH. Then on Night 8, Eddie got to kill instead of HHH.
And this little weird comment, again hinting that you know something. Either you do, or you're bad and you want make it look like you've secretly ticked off the baddies.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Epig: How did you know you wouldn't die tonight?
Epignosis wrote:Also Host, when I'm dead (won't happen tonight) what EVER will you do without me? :p
I didn't think anything of this comment before the night post when Almost 5 people died.
And that's part of why I said this:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:

And, I call BS. I'm pretty sure you're bad, and I think it's time everyone stops giving you a free pass. Yeah, I know I've been the center of a lot of accusation, but I'm willing to take the risk to help take you down.

And so it begins... Go ahead, tell me how I'm hypocritical or grill me. I'm ready.
Didn't you pretty bluntly declare you don't care if you're suspected? I'm not so sure now, although I'm sure you'll say this last comment was sarcastic.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Sorsha »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:But I AM a Hulkamaniac... :|

I'm confused about both baddie teams getting to NK at the same time, though... Was this a mistake, DF???

Why high five me? Weirdo. :eek:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Hm, no response still. Well, while checking back in I also noticed something else from this:
Epignosis wrote:It seems reasonable to surmise that on Night 7, whoever Eddie is targeted whoever is HHH. Then on Night 8, Eddie got to kill instead of HHH.
Why HHH? Didn't the post seem to link Eddie w/ Edge? And isn't Trisha another role that can steal powers? Your explanation for HHH not killing makes sense, but I find it odd that you tried to make that connection.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Hm, no response still. Well, while checking back in I also noticed something else from this:
Why HHH? Didn't the post seem to link Eddie w/ Edge? And isn't Trisha another role that can steal powers? Your explanation for HHH not killing makes sense, but I find it odd that you tried to make that connection.
Don't worry chuckles. I'm writing my response now. I had to wait for my BTSC partners to tell me how to respond to your damning case on me because I wasn't sure how to go about it teach my classes, work with the students in my guitar club, drive home, take a shower, get a beer, and now I've sat down. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Looks like he found someone :)

I plan to take some time to reread LouLou, Daisy & CBK before I vote. Although I wish he would be less intentionally cryptic (I appreciate your straight answer to the question i asked you this AM, Epi, although I don't really know that I believe you when you say you were joking, it did not feel like a joke post to me) I still doubt Epi is bad. CBK on the other hand, I dunno.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Take as much time as you need [in calm Ben voice] :D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Well, whatever you mean by incentive is beyond me, but I see you're going to just play it cool. That's ok. I don't blame you. I don't think it takes too much to begin pointing out evidence on you. You can blow off getting civvies lynched and conveniently diverting your vote to look innocent all you want. Being out in the open is the best cover, right? You don't show any qualms about these deaths, and your I don't give a crap style covers for you.
Qualms? :confused:

I think the word you meant to use is "remorse." And no, I don't show remorse.
Captain Bunny Killer wrote: And then there's little things like this. You know too much about how this works.
So synthesizing the information in the role descriptions and the information in the host posts is knowing too much about how this works?
DFaraday wrote:
Triple H – Triple H is the Cerebral Assassin, and strives to be the best in the world…at any cost. HHH will kill a player every night. He will survive the first lynch and night kill attempt on him. HHH must be the last man standing to win.

Eddie Guerrero – Eddie lies, cheats, and steals, but at least he’s honest about it! Every odd night Eddie may target a player and steal their ability for the next night. He will also cheat death once. Finally, if role checked, Eddie will lie and come back as a random civvie. However, Eddie only needs to survive to win.
DFaraday wrote:Trish Stratus – Trish is an innovator in women’s wrestling. Each odd night she will target a player. There is a 30% chance that player will be silenced, a 30% chance that that player will start the next day with two votes, and a 40% chance that Trish will gain that player’s ability for the next night. 100% Stratusfaction guaranteed!
Fact: HHH killed on Night 7 but was not lynched Day 8. Unless Elohcin was Triple H, Triple H was free to kill Night 8.
Fact: HHH did not kill on Night 8.
Fact: Eddie / Trish steals powers.
Fact: Eddie / Trish has no kill listed in their role descriptions.
Fact: Eddie / Trish killed.

Therefore, the simplest explanation I can think of is that on Night 7, Eddie or Trish targeted the player who is HHH and on Night 8 elected to kill Lou (coincidentally, Edge targeted Lou too) / Lizzy. Since his power was stolen, HHH did not kill.

It doesn't take special information to come to this conclusion.

If I'm right though, then it means Eddie or Trish knows who Triple H is. :)

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:And this little weird comment, again hinting that you know something. Either you do, or you're bad and you want make it look like you've secretly ticked off the baddies.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Epig: How did you know you wouldn't die tonight?
And that's part of why I said this:

Didn't you pretty bluntly declare you don't care if you're suspected? I'm not so sure now, although I'm sure you'll say this last comment was sarcastic.
No, I don't mind being suspected. That comes with the territory. I've been suspected off and on in this game plenty. People have even voted for me.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

I recognized that the HHH fail to kill part made sense. It was that you paired Eddie w/ HHH, even though the host post paired him w/ Edge. Wouldn't it look more like Eddie would know who Edge is?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:I recognized that the HHH fail to kill part made sense. It was that you paired Eddie w/ HHH, even though the host post paired him w/ Edge. Wouldn't it look more like Eddie would know who Edge is?
I don't see why. And I didn't pair anybody together.

Like I said, I think Edge and Eddie coincidentally targeted the same person (Lou) and therefore they both killed her.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

What? This seems to be a direct linking of the two roles to me. You said nothing about Trish in this and nothing about a coincidental double kill. I'm not saying your theory isn't possible. I'm just saying your comments seem odd and a little inconsistent.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:What? This seems to be a direct linking of the two roles to me. You said nothing about Trish in this and nothing about a coincidental double kill. I'm not saying your theory isn't possible. I'm just saying your comments seem odd and a little inconsistent.
I posted that line at work. I was mulling things over while taking a piss and that revelation occurred to me. Then I came back and posted that. I didn't sit down and make any kind of in-depth analysis. So no, I didn't mention Trish at the time.

Would you mind explaining this linking of the roles? What does that mean?
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Sorry, what linking? Your Eddie/HHH thing or Eddie/Edge? Not sure what you're asking.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:What? This seems to be a direct linking of the two roles to me.
That.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Ok, I'm not quoting your original post again. You picked Eddie as targeting HHH right off the bat, when that was not what appeared to be the most obvious connection. I thought it was odd, and then you added Trish.

So, what do you think happened since both Trish and Eddie killed?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Personally, I think you killed Lou. I could be wrong, but that has never stopped me from saying what the hell i want before :)

Now you can go back to ignoring me and pick up sparring with Epi where you left off~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, I see what you mean. I was assigning a different antecedent to one of your pronouns. I understand now.
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Ok, I'm not quoting your original post again. You picked Eddie as targeting HHH right off the bat, when that was not what appeared to be the most obvious connection. I thought it was odd, and then you added Trish.

So, what do you think happened since both Trish and Eddie killed?
Yes, I picked Eddie because I was thinking about Eddie, not Trish. I was at work. When I arrived home, I was able to look at things more.

I definitely think one of them targeted HHH. As for the other kill, I don't know. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Does this say anything about my alignment or are you pressing me on it for some other reason?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe because she is Eddie? Becasue tbh, I thought she was Eddie before Eddie killed Lou.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Sorry, did I ignore something from you? Feel free to explain your argument. I'm not sure there'll be much sparring from here.

linki: No, I hadn't thought about a coincidental kill. I mean, Trish's kill was announced differently than Eddie's. It just seemed like Eddie and Edge were connected, but you jumped to Eddie and HHH. That's all. Go ahead and try to make me look ridiculous with grammatical comments. I don't care.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The grammatical comment was related my own misunderstanding. I'm not sure this exchanged has warranted your "go aheads."
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:And so it begins... Go ahead, tell me how I'm hypocritical or grill me. I'm ready.
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Go ahead and try to make me look ridiculous with grammatical comments. I don't care.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Sorry, did I ignore something from you? Feel free to explain your argument. I'm not sure there'll be much sparring from here.

linki: No, I hadn't thought about a coincidental kill. I mean, Trish's kill was announced differently than Eddie's. It just seemed like Eddie and Edge were connected, but you jumped to Eddie and HHH. That's all. Go ahead and try to make me look ridiculous with grammatical comments. I don't care.
Well, I said this this morning....and you ignored it although you did post extensively today.
S~V~S wrote:Holy crap that was a lot of death or near death~ i guess we know how trish felt about lizzy :lol:

Both baddie teams killed, and Eddie Guerro got a kill?
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If not, there's a bridge I can hide under.
Where is it? I feel like I might need a bridge to hide under tonight. :ninja:
Bridges are no good. The fish like to nibble at your dangly bits.

Seriously, there's a good chance you won't die tonight. :srsnod:
Well, since he DID die, could you explain this a bit? I can't imagine you saying something like this if you WERE the Undertaker, but better to get the question out of the way sooner rather than later.

I am probably going to vote for CBK, since i think she killed a civvie last night. Based on different things that happened with CBK, i think it is most likely that she is the mimic, and he killed LouLou who I think was a specific civ role. I have no need to vote early, but I won;t be back until late tonight and wanted to get this out there.

Hi DP :) Anything to say about all these shenanigans?
Then i said this literally one minute before you posted, you had to have gotten it in linki, and you ignored it too.
S~V~S wrote:
Looks like he found someone :)

I plan to take some time to reread LouLou, Daisy & CBK before I vote. Although I wish he would be less intentionally cryptic (I appreciate your straight answer to the question i asked you this AM, Epi, although I don't really know that I believe you when you say you were joking, it did not feel like a joke post to me) I still doubt Epi is bad. CBK on the other hand, I dunno.
Does your role have a mimic ability? I guess that is the brass tacks, isn't it? Based on some of the things that have happened with you, like survivals, and getting off the poll, and Lou dying after saying this:
Loulou26 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Loulou26 wrote:Hold up, no one was lynched? Interesting. Idk if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Could it be someone stopping the lynch because they believe him to be civvie? Or does this mean CBK is bad?
You seem to do this often, you ask seemingly rhetorical questions, about things that are already being discussed by others in in the thread, but without offering your own thoughts on it. What do you think? Do you think someone saved CBK, or do you think she's bad?
Well my question wasn't rhetorical and I didn't realise that I 'do this often' either. I was simply asking for others opinions on it. The whole not revealing who people are thing on here is really frustrating because I am not used to playing this way. I needed to know if he was good or bad. Telling me nothing doesn't help me in any way because again...things are different here. Personally I think he's bad, but if someone knows something, enough to want to stop his lynch, I don't know if that makes him good.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

In re: Lou, I was very surprised to see her get killed last night - she was drawing so much fire lately.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did think she was civ, though. Read her posts since Daisy died, and I think there is some clarity there.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Ok, I saw a bunch of statements, but people have been saying I'm bad for days now. I guess I don't respond until there's a specific idea behind the statement (or when everyone jumps on the accusation train at once).

I'm not sure what you want to ask me other than to tell my role. Since I can't do that, I can tell you I'm not bad. But what does that tell you? You may not believe me. Why do you think Lou was good and Eddie would necessarily be bad for killing her? Are you suggesting I killed Lou because she said I was bad? Didn't like almost everyone say I was bad?

Truly, I did not intend to ignore you. Does that answer your questions (as much as possible)?

link: sure, I will look back on Lou.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Does your role have a fixed power? I am sure you can answer that :)

And based on this amazingly blendy and ever so precise answer, i am gonna get this out of the way and vote for you now.
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

S~V~S wrote:Does your role have a fixed power? I am sure you can answer that :)

And based on this amazingly blendy and ever so precise answer, i am gonna get this out of the way and vote for you now.
Come on. It's blendy to not tell you my role? What's your role then? Do you have a power? Would you answer such questions? And you didn't answer my questions. Why do you think Lou was good and Eddie would be bad?

Yeah, see? Just because someone can't tell something, doesn't mean they're bad.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Sorsha wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:But I AM a Hulkamaniac... :|

Why high five me? Weirdo. :eek:
Why not? :evileye:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:Hm, no response still. Well, while checking back in I also noticed something else from this:
Don't worry chuckles. I'm writing my response now. I had to wait for my BTSC partners to tell me how to respond to your damning case on me because I wasn't sure how to go about it teach my classes, work with the students in my guitar club, drive home, take a shower, get a beer, and now I've sat down. :)
:haha:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:Does your role have a fixed power? I am sure you can answer that :)

Come on. It's blendy to not tell you my role? What's your role then? Do you have a power? Would you answer such questions? And you didn't answer my questions. Why do you think Lou was good and Eddie would be bad?

Yeah, see? Just because someone can't tell something, doesn't mean they're bad.
So you won't say that you have a fixed power? I have a fixed power. Do you know my role now? i am not asking you to tell me your role, I am asking you to tell me if you have a fixed power.

I think Lou was a civ based on her interactions with Daisy.

And i think you killed her. that is why i voted for you :)

I generally tend to leave Indy "alive at the end" roles alone, but i think you killed a civvie, so you are not civvie friendly.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

Wow, someone really wanted me dead huh? Well I would like to say that I'm sorry for being so sucky at this game, I promise you I am normally much better than this. Give me time, I'll get there. It just took a lot to adjust to having such short days and nights plus soooo many people I didn't know.

So thank you for welcoming me in, and thanks DF for a great game. See you soon :D
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I just had a sudden change in the feeling in my gut... And it's a strong feeling, too.
I'm going with it.

:driveby:

I encourage everyone to look past what's happening in thread.

Bye now.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That feeling in your gut might be related to stale Taco Bell.

Good job trying to lead a lynch bandwagon on a civilian. Everyone knows I'm the king of those around here.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

That's very tactful, light-hearted response.

I won't be playing into your hands anymore.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:I did think she was civ, though. Read her posts since Daisy died, and I think there is some clarity there.
I thought she was civ, but I thought the baddies would leave her be a while since she was getting a lot of grief in the thread. I figured they'd go for someone a little more under the radar.

DP finally stuck his neck in here, but there's the WOG situation.

@ Host - what is your policy on (extremely) inactive players?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

And if there is a Grand Potentate of the Civilian Faction, I think that would have to be me.

4 more years.

@ Dev - I thought that was a weird response too, but I assumed she was just kiddin'.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:That's very tactful, light-hearted response.

I won't be playing into your hands anymore.
Really? A pity. You were proving to be soo good at it. :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose, My response was to Epi's response to me.

Linki: <insertmiddlefingerhere> :p ;)

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I just had a sudden change in the feeling in my gut... And it's a strong feeling, too.
I'm going with it.

:driveby:

I encourage everyone to look past what's happening in thread.

Bye now.
Why did you have this change of feeling?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

Return to “Previous Jobs”