Total votes: 13
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm i promise the only thing you're finding here in me is a flaw in my gameplay that gets brought up in almost every game
Usually by me. :biggrin:
lol yeah
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 pm i promise the only thing you're finding here in me is a flaw in my gameplay that gets brought up in almost every game
That's an assertion that I'd love to see validated.

I know, I know, your valuable time is better spent... what was it you were bringing to the thread again? :grin: :noble: You want to spend your time "get[ting] closer to knowing who [the Mafia] are". That also sounds like a good way to spend time here.
yeah and that would be true if i was actively doing mafia stuff right now. I'm only responding to notifications when I get them, I have other hobbies.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

also, messed up to make a passive aggressive statement about how I'm not spending my time effectively after making yourself into a minor time sink. 0:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I know, I know, your valuable time is better spent... what was it you were bringing to the thread again? :grin: :noble: You want to spend your time "get[ting] closer to knowing who [the Mafia] are". That also sounds like a good way to spend time here.
I specifically remember having this complaint and Kyle linking to me having this complain in a previous game and I was like “Oh. Well I still think it makes you bad” but he was town both times.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 pm also, messed up to make a passive aggressive statement about how I'm not spending my time effectively after making yourself into a minor time sink. 0:
Nah guy, you were the one who said you would rather spend your time baddie-hunting. I said go ahead. That's not messed up. If you only have time for your other hobbies, then just let me know and then I will know.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 pm

I specifically remember having this complaint and Kyle linking to me having this complain in a previous game and I was like “Oh. Well I still think it makes you bad” but he was town both times.
Specifically, eh? Sounds specific. I'll do the reading if you point the way.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Really specific.

I was at an airport at the time.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm Really specific.

Which airport? I'll try to start there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm Really specific.

Which airport? I'll try to start there.
DFW.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I found it. You guys are just talking about cheeses. WTF?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pmNah guy, you were the one who said you would rather spend your time baddie-hunting. I said go ahead. That's not messed up. If you only have time for your other hobbies, then just let me know and then I will know.
i said I'd rather spend my mafia-time hunting mafia than spend it reading my own iso. I didn't say "I'd rather do hardcore mafia research for many hours than do anything else."

i don't need anyone to police my leisure time, I'm pretty much fine without that.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

cheeses?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:14 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pmNah guy, you were the one who said you would rather spend your time baddie-hunting. I said go ahead. That's not messed up. If you only have time for your other hobbies, then just let me know and then I will know.
i said I'd rather spend my mafia-time hunting mafia than spend it reading my own iso. I didn't say "I'd rather do hardcore mafia research for many hours than do anything else."

i don't need anyone to police my leisure time, I'm pretty much fine without that.
Hey this reminds me, do you remember who started the game by reading their own ISOs instead of hunting for bad guys?

DharmaHelper
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Hey this reminds me, do you remember who started the game by reading their own ISOs instead of hunting for bad guys?

DharmaHelper
Your point escapes me. Eludes me even.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Superdefensive.

All I said was let me know if you are busy with other stuff, and then I'll know.

You accuse me of "policing your leisure time"??
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 pm

DharmaHelper
Maybe you wanted a refresher of your meta so you could better adhere to it, I have no idea. :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What I'm seeing here is that Jack wants to verify Kyle's claims that this is his Civ game.

Jack wants us to focus on lynching speedchuck, not on investigating Kylemii.

Since Jack is lock-town, then I have to believe his statements are true and verifiable. So I have to stop looking at Kyle. So now Kyle is lock-town.

Is that an accurate assessment of the situation?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 pm

DharmaHelper
Maybe you wanted a refresher of your meta so you could better adhere to it, I have no idea. :shrug:
25 cents and a maybe'll get you a phone call.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 pm What I'm seeing here is that Jack wants to verify Kyle's claims that this is his Civ game.

Since Jack is lock-town, then I have to believe his statements are true and verifiable. So I have to stop looking at Kyle. So now Kyle is lock-town.

Do you think Jack has irrefutable intel? I thought it was a strongly worded opinion, same as his suspicion of speedchuck.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 pm What I'm seeing here is that Jack wants to verify Kyle's claims that this is his Civ game.

Do you think Jack has irrefutable intel? I thought it was a strongly worded opinion, same as his suspicion of speedchuck.
Good question. Jack?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Superdefensive.

All I said was let me know if you are busy with other stuff, and then I'll know.

i don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. I'm not being defensive I'm trying to explain to you why you're confused.

you asked me to iso myself and I responded by saying that was a waste of time and that if I were going to spend time doing mafia things intensively I would rather do something useful like almost literally anything else, then you grilled me for a while and insinuated that i wasn't using my time well because I was responding to your questions instead of doing a deep dive into isos, which are two different kinds of activity, and not interchangable concentrationwise.

The policing part comes from the comments you keep making like "just let me know when you can make time for this game" it's gross, don't do that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:05 pm

Good question. Jack?
I’m talking about Kyle’s meta. But I’m still town and I don’t think we should spend a bunch of time on Kyle.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We need townies to be on trains at EOD this time, though.

I’d like Kyle to go ahead and place a vote.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jack how confident are you about LC
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

alright cool so as soon as I'm actually here everyone leaves neat
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Superdefensive.

i don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. I'm not being defensive I'm trying to explain to you why you're confused.

you asked me to iso myself and I responded by saying that was a waste of time and that if I were going to spend time doing mafia things intensively I would rather do something useful like almost literally anything else, then you grilled me for a while and insinuated that i wasn't using my time well because I was responding to your questions instead of doing a deep dive into isos, which are two different kinds of activity, and not interchangable concentrationwise.

The policing part comes from the comments you keep making like "just let me know when you can make time for this game" it's gross, don't do that.
The 'comments I keep making'. Indeed. The direct comment you paraphrased is nothing close to the spirit of what I said. My comment was "if you're too busy right now then let me know", and your interpretation is much uglier than anything I intended. Anything else I have discussed was discussed as what is the most valuable use of your MAFIA time, which you brought up.

I don't feel confused about anything we've discussed here. You're really adding a lot of extra concepts in this summary that weren't part of the original conversation.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 pm jack how confident are you about LC
Are you losing confidence in my Civness because I'm suspicious of you? :eye:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

:puppy:
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 pm
Are you losing confidence in my Civness because I'm suspicious of you? :eye:
I'm losing confidence in your civness cus you're reminding me of how you acted in fiddler on the roof.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cool. Bring da votes then. Undone by my own meta.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Forgive my silence, I was stricken dumb by the assertion that I give a shit about my own meta.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Superdefensive.

The 'comments I keep making'. Indeed. The direct comment you paraphrased is nothing close to the spirit of what I said. My comment was "if you're too busy right now then let me know", and your interpretation is much uglier than anything I intended. Anything else I have discussed was discussed as what is the most valuable use of your MAFIA time, which you brought up.

I don't feel confused about anything we've discussed here. You're really adding a lot of extra concepts in this summary that weren't part of the original conversation.
I don't know why you're still pushing this discussion, or what you hope to gain from it. I didn't like the way you were speaking to me as if you have some sort of authority over how I spend my free time. i know you say you didn't mean your comments to be passive aggressive jabs but that's how they looked to me, regardless of your intentions. can we please move on from this topic?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

A little less confident that I am in you and TH. Still pretty confident.

I don't like him ignoring the big cases for the little ones and can see LC bussing a teammate for cred early. But GTH, he's still probably town.

Would be a lot easier to have a POE I can trust (town or scum) if there weren't so many empty slots. :suspish:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I mean you reread your own games DH, so you must give at least a little bit of shit.

Thread seems a little hostile right now, not a very productive atmosphere. I'm tuning out and turning in for the night :offtobed:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I am moving on, you can do as you please. :zen:

jack do you want to do trust fall excercize with me since sloonei's not here
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sorry for maybe making it a little more hostile than necessary, maybe i reacted poorly :/ I've been having kind of a weird week
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 am I am moving on, you can do as you please. :zen:

jack do you want to do trust fall excercize with me since sloonei's not here
I think you're a bit far away to literally catch me so I don't know what you mean.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

oh right.

trust fall is where you go through every player one by one and come up with the best reason you have to read them as town, and then you make note of which ones are the hardest to come up with a good reason for.

sometimes thinking about things backwards helps narrow down the PoE
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am I mean you reread your own games DH, so you must give at least a little bit of shit.

Thread seems a little hostile right now, not a very productive atmosphere. I'm tuning out and turning in for the night :offtobed:
I just fancy reading old games. I don't care to adhere to any meta or to study it or anything.

ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 74

Post by novaselinenever »

I'm here
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I haven't felt hostile at any point here. Chalk it up to the limitations of text-based communication. I don't need to discuss "policing" of Kyle's time, happy to drop that.

Not dropping my suspicion though. Actually, this Fiddler comparison makes me more suspicious. I spent 15 minutes looking at all my posts in that game, and I'm comfortable in saying there's no similarity at all. Ergo, Kyle is lying about the connection, and it looks like he just randomly picked a baddie game of mine and I'm acting like that.

Until you can validate that accusation, Kyle, my vote's on you. [VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am
A little less confident that I am in you and TH. Still pretty confident.

I don't like him ignoring the big cases for the little ones and can see LC bussing a teammate for cred early.
:haha: Why are you pluralizing your post about speedchuck? Why is your case "big" and my suspicion of Kyle "little"?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 am I haven't felt hostile at any point here. Chalk it up to the limitations of text-based communication. I don't need to discuss "policing" of Kyle's time, happy to drop that.

Not dropping my suspicion though. Actually, this Fiddler comparison makes me more suspicious. I spent 15 minutes looking at all my posts in that game, and I'm comfortable in saying there's no similarity at all. Ergo, Kyle is lying about the connection, and it looks like he just randomly picked a baddie game of mine and I'm acting like that.

Until you can validate that accusation, Kyle, my vote's on you. [VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
the way you came after me with this recent stuff felt similar to me to the way you came at me at the start of fiddler on the roof with a focus on twisting my words and the context around them to make me look bad and harping on things that don't actually matter. maybe my comparison was reactionary and not 100% accurate but it was how i felt at the time. i'm not spending any more time on this tonight, but you shouldn't keep your vote on me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Which words/context did I twist in this game? Here is the post you're referring to in Fiddler, where the twisting is very evident. I really don't recall doing anything like that in this game.

Which things am I "harping on" that don't matter? Do you mean your ISO? Rereading your ISO doesn't matter?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I get that you are done for the night. The questions will wait patiently until you get back, good night.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 am Which words/context did I twist in this game? Here is the post you're referring to in Fiddler, where the twisting is very evident. I really don't recall doing anything like that in this game.

Which things am I "harping on" that don't matter? Do you mean your ISO? Rereading your ISO doesn't matter?
when i say you're harping i'm talking about that whole conversation we've been having for like 2 hours, my dude.

and your entire iso of me seems to be from the point of view of "what are things kyle has and hasn't done that i can talk about in a way to come to the conclusion that kyle is mafia"
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm not off for the night, i'm just doing the iso thing that i meant to do earlier
novaselinenever
Hitman

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:11 pm Is there a world wherein the team is TH/Speedchuck/Nova/Marmot?
:haha:

Thanks for the laugh scum!DH
novaselinenever
Hitman

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 pm So there's 7 active players left, plus a wilgy and 3 no shows.

And as many as 3 mafia left :ninja:
How many Mafia do you think are amongst the 7/8 active votes?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:49 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 am Which words/context did I twist in this game? Here is the post you're referring to in Fiddler, where the twisting is very evident. I really don't recall doing anything like that in this game.

when i say you're harping i'm talking about that whole conversation we've been having for like 2 hours, my dude.
Oh, ok, so it's qualified as "any discussion that pertains to Kyle's possible baddiness". So any time I accuse you, it's like Fiddler, which makes me bad.

And it's extremely rich of you to say I'm "harping on" you just like Fiddler, when I made a total of ONE post about you in that game. How is that "harping on" you?
and your entire iso of me seems to be from the point of view of "what are things kyle has and hasn't done that i can talk about in a way to come to the conclusion that kyle is mafia"
I can understand why you'd think that - it's truly only because your ISO produces those conclusions on its own. Turnip Head did an independent analysis and had similar findings.

Aaaand you seem to be avoiding the "twisting of words" thing you brought up that I questioned. You are avoiding it because it does not exist in this game.

I'm not letting you gaslight your way out of this dude. Your best bet is probably to stop talking about it, because you're just digging a deeper hole every time.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jesus fuck, dude.

i told you it was a reactionary thing. i felt, at the time, like you were being manipulative with your portrayal of my words and actions, because you were using language that i viewed as being manipulative and didn't match with my recollection of events. i asked jack how confident he was in his read on you because you didn't seem to be acting reasonable, and i don't personally have a reason to town read you beyond jack's impression of you.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm tired, long con. i don't have the energy to respond to you, and also work down the PoE.

i'm not mafia, and i think you should be aware already that everything you've pointed out about my gameplay here is well established as part of my meta, if you're not aware of it, then go make yourself aware of it by reading my past games. i'm not spending any more time on this. we might be at a critical juncture right now and i'd rather be spending my time narrowing things down for myself than responding to you.

i'm going to bed now, i'll be back after work tomorrow
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DrWilgy »

Kill Jack or me. Preferably Jack. Love Woogerz.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Jobs”