Outpost 31 {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

So what did you think?

It was out of this world!
17%
Eh, it wasn't really my thing.
17%
I wanna torch G-Man with a flamethrower.
67%

Total votes: 6
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 2

Post by poutanko »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:51 pm um, no?
...ok Image

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] I'm fine with you burning Jack or Eloh.
I'll reconsider my read on Luna. I want to make it clear where I stand before I go to bed.
Spoiler: show
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 59

Post by speedchuck »

Oh, okay. Colin is obviously bad but I'll let someone else case him. I'm pretty sure I don't need the cred.

Someone step up and case Colin. Don't make me do it.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

*cracks my knuckles, spine, and left knee*

Alright:

That's a lie, and a pretty disgusting one at that. You could believe it though, if it makes you feel better about yourself.
How is it a lie? you made one post one day zero and buggered off until day 1.

There was. She was using it to paint Luna in a bad light. "Give the guy a chance" highlights that. As if Luna's vote is dooming Mac from showing up or contributing. 1 vote isn't going to pressure someone. It did relate to what Eloh was saying and I interpreted Eloh's post as a way to frame Luna's vote and fabricate a scum read. If what she meant was "That's a bad reason to vote him and you should do some actual hunting" she could have gone another way about it without attacking her, and setting ground for her eventual scumread of Luna. The latter just strengthen my take on the post.
The worst thing eloh said in that post was "unless you ARE bad" implying lunalee is scum. "Give the guy a chance" doesnt highlight any kind of painting. If anything there was no pressure at all because the votes were more symbolic than anything yesterday. So in a hypothetical situation, why would lunalee just drop the vote on someone "because theyre not here"?

REGARDLESS im not talking about Eloh or Lunalee. Im talking about Nova. And i dont understand how you go from "over-reacting much?" to "fabricating a scum read"

The underlined isn't false, because I never said you did. I said "if" and I'm going off the aside mechanic in case everyone had shown up and voted, so not being in your hit list. I'm not sure how you aren't seeing that. On top of that, the underline is calling you out on how you went about it. Using the flame-thrower to avoid contribution, and setting up a dumb benchmark for a lynch.
Hm. I'll say I mustve misinterpreted the 'if" part of this, but even still, I stand by why i didnt vote.
Nothing wrong with that.
:suspish: At a bare minimum i expect reasons for voting someone. There IS something wrong with that. It's also a personal peeve of mine in any game i play.
It wasn't lazy. I'm not bad.
:suspish:
I'm not dismissing anything. The "nah" is me disagreeing with his take. I can't disagree with something without it being negative talk? Wow. Lol
"nah." can be read quite differently than "no, because X" or "no i dont think so"
Why would I have to reference DH? This is dumb. And it's even dumber to think there was work done. You're grasping at straws. Come one now! This doesn't make no sense.
It's as simple as saying "when DH said" or at the very least bringing up what I had said to townslip. Even quoting what you think it was, because we sure as heck dont know what you think is a townslip. Supporting evidence to claims is pretty important. I assume this was the post you were referencing?:
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:17 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 am On a serious note, the mafia is gonna organize votes to give it to them

Our best option is talking it out and picking three people we should give it to
Sprityo is either townclear or an absolute legend and is assimilated.
No one else shares this tunnel vision this guy has" What does this even mean? We're supposed to all have the same scum-reads?
No one is sharing your suspicions of eloh based off of what YOU think she is suspicious for, AKA the whole "overreacting" thing you said.
I don't think you are this daft, are you? The whole point of my post is that not everyone lives in the same time zone. People might come in later than others and it's not because "they don't read the thread". Jesus. Ain't that obvious?

Again, this is not dismissal lol.

Everyone knows when the game cycles are, it's not a mystery. I know im almost always asleep when day starts/ends because that's 4 am.
There is a point, so that they contribute and share their thoughts. Killing the person they suspect the most without having aired the suspicions and getting some thoughts on their case is just wrong. THE EXERCISE SHOULD NOT BE FOR THEM TO USE IT AS A WAY TO ABSOLVE THEM FROM CONTRIBUTING
And what is to stop them from doing just that? the "wrong" thing? At any rate there's other ways the executioner can contribute besides suspicions
I did make a case
Yes, after I had already made mine.
Nice fanfic :nicenod:
Nice dismissal

You should have burned me then, why didn't you? Or you couldn't pass up on the opportunity of getting rid of Mac with an easy mislynch hiding behind "you don't vote, you get lynched"? As if that had ever bagged a baddie.

More responses are in green inside the quote.
I'm a man of my word. I know mac is an outstanding player, and it's a shame he was the one lynched. it couldve just as easily been jack, or wilgy. I do appreciate the painting. In fact I highlighted all the dismissive attitude you put out. :mafia:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:44 am @sprityo Excellent case. Parts of it I disagree with but overall well crafted and I don't like the laziness of Nova's D1 play, as you put it.
thanks dad
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Elohcin »

poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:06 am More than 10 hours and still no vote on Luna/DDL. Remembering they got the most votes last DP it's pretty weird to me that none of their voters pick them up again quickly. Wonder why? Image

Will talk about it after I'm done with my dinner.
I am likely to vote luna again, or this crazy nova. I don't normally cast my vote until near end of day though even if votes are changeable.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

wait...dinner....where do you live Pout?
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: Outpost 31- NIGHT 1

Post by Elohcin »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:05 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm Calling dibs on casing Elohcin.
I will ask again...why are you so hell-bent on me? You aren't even around here much and you wanna keep coming after me with no explanations. Stop being weird and get your head in the game.
Because I think you are bad. What does "you aren't even around here much" mean? Does that fact mean that I shouldn't have any scum read nor vote or go after anyone?

I'm also pretty sure I've been here as much as you have, if not more.
You are like a kid saying he doesn't like the dinner set before him. Mom asks, "how do you know you don't like it?" Kid say, "Because I don't." Taste the damn food and you may like it, or at least have REASONS why you don't. You don't have reasons for thinking I am bad. At least ISO me and see. You may find you think I'm good.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I guess i could have kept reading before posting...I will see what you have to say about me after reading your next post.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by novaselinenever »

sprityo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm *cracks my knuckles, spine, and left knee*

Alright:

That's a lie, and a pretty disgusting one at that. You could believe it though, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

The lie would be the latter part of your post implying that I'm a dishonest person and lie about being absent to hide from suspicion.

There was. She was using it to paint Luna in a bad light. "Give the guy a chance" highlights that. As if Luna's vote is dooming Mac from showing up or contributing. 1 vote isn't going to pressure someone. It did relate to what Eloh was saying and I interpreted Eloh's post as a way to frame Luna's vote and fabricate a scum read. If what she meant was "That's a bad reason to vote him and you should do some actual hunting" she could have gone another way about it without attacking her, and setting ground for her eventual scumread of Luna. The latter just strengthen my take on the post.
The worst thing eloh said in that post was "unless you ARE bad" implying lunalee is scum. "Give the guy a chance" doesnt highlight any kind of painting. If anything there was no pressure at all because the votes were more symbolic than anything yesterday. So in a hypothetical situation, why would lunalee just drop the vote on someone "because theyre not here"?

REGARDLESS im not talking about Eloh or Lunalee. Im talking about Nova. And i dont understand how you go from "over-reacting much?" to "fabricating a scum read"

It does highlight something. What is the meaning of "Give the guy a chance"? The votes weren't symbolic in Eloh's view and that's my point otherwise why would she continue with " Or you're trying to get rid of someone you think could be civ". That paints Luna's vote as more than it is.

In the hypothetical sitiuation, Luna's vote is just a random early vote for a not so great reason. A vote that didn't warrant Eloh's reaction.
The underlined isn't false, because I never said you did. I said "if" and I'm going off the aside mechanic in case everyone had shown up and voted, so not being in your hit list. I'm not sure how you aren't seeing that. On top of that, the underline is calling you out on how you went about it. Using the flame-thrower to avoid contribution, and setting up a dumb benchmark for a lynch.
Hm. I'll say I mustve misinterpreted the 'if" part of this, but even still, I stand by why i didnt vote.

Cool
Nothing wrong with that.
:suspish: At a bare minimum i expect reasons for voting someone. There IS something wrong with that. It's also a personal peeve of mine in any game i play.

Fair enough. My post quoting her, in my opinion, would suggest reason enough for a vote. It was clear she had pinged me
I'm not dismissing anything. The "nah" is me disagreeing with his take. I can't disagree with something without it being negative talk? Wow. Lol
"nah." can be read quite differently than "no, because X" or "no i dont think so"

Different people.
Why would I have to reference DH? This is dumb. And it's even dumber to think there was work done. You're grasping at straws. Come one now! This doesn't make no sense.
It's as simple as saying "when DH said" or at the very least bringing up what I had said to townslip. Even quoting what you think it was, because we sure as heck dont know what you think is a townslip. Supporting evidence to claims is pretty important. I assume this was the post you were referencing?:
sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 am On a serious note, the mafia is gonna organize votes to give it to them

I could have, true, but there is nothing wrong with not doing it. It ain't like I'm taking monopoly on that read, or claiming I'm the first or the only one that may have done so. And Yep that's the post
No one else shares this tunnel vision this guy has" What does this even mean? We're supposed to all have the same scum-reads?
No one is sharing your suspicions of eloh based off of what YOU think she is suspicious for, AKA the whole "overreacting" thing you said.

And there is nothing wrong with that, lol.
I don't think you are this daft, are you? The whole point of my post is that not everyone lives in the same time zone. People might come in later than others and it's not because "they don't read the thread". Jesus. Ain't that obvious?

Everyone knows when the game cycles are, it's not a mystery. I know im almost always asleep when day starts/ends because that's 4 am.

Then you should get my point. Say I suspect X and Y, but I show up a few hours late because of timezones, and someone already cased X and Y. I don't suspect anyone else and I would be forced to make fake cases. I don't think that's fair, and it has nothing to do with "people not reading the thread". Take for example Luna, she just cased Poutanko and she doesn't even suspect her lol.
There is a point, so that they contribute and share their thoughts. Killing the person they suspect the most without having aired the suspicions and getting some thoughts on their case is just wrong. THE EXERCISE SHOULD NOT BE FOR THEM TO USE IT AS A WAY TO ABSOLVE THEM FROM CONTRIBUTING
And what is to stop them from doing just that? the "wrong" thing? At any rate there's other ways the executioner can contribute besides suspicions

I'm not saying anything is stopping them. I'm saying they should hold themself and their reads at the same level as ours. Like a normal game. Case/vote people you suspect and discuss it.
I did make a case
Nice dismissal

Meow
You should have burned me then, why didn't you? Or you couldn't pass up on the opportunity of getting rid of Mac with an easy mislynch hiding behind "you don't vote, you get lynched"? As if that had ever bagged a baddie.

I'm a man of my word. I know mac is an outstanding player, and it's a shame he was the one lynched. it couldve just as easily been jack, or wilgy. I do appreciate the painting. In fact I highlighted all the dismissive attitude you put out. :mafia:
Well, I don't think keeping your word was worth it. Did you actually believe that you'll bag a scum through your method?

You're welcome. Same stuff this time as well.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: Outpost 31- NIGHT 1

Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:31 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:05 am
Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm Calling dibs on casing Elohcin.
I will ask again...why are you so hell-bent on me? You aren't even around here much and you wanna keep coming after me with no explanations. Stop being weird and get your head in the game.
Because I think you are bad. What does "you aren't even around here much" mean? Does that fact mean that I shouldn't have any scum read nor vote or go after anyone?

I'm also pretty sure I've been here as much as you have, if not more.
You are like a kid saying he doesn't like the dinner set before him. Mom asks, "how do you know you don't like it?" Kid say, "Because I don't." Taste the damn food and you may like it, or at least have REASONS why you don't. You don't have reasons for thinking I am bad. At least ISO me and see. You may find you think I'm good.
:noble:
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 0

Post by Elohcin »

My comments are in this color just because it is easier that way for me.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:50 am
Elohcin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm Hey guys...checking in. Not sure who I'll vote for yet.

I wanted to note, because the kill rotates among the assimilated, they will know how many of theme there are which is an advantage to them. This was probably very clear to everyone but I thought it was worth mentioning.
This is Eloh's first post. It reads like a carefully fabricated post. She's giving off information that even herself judge to be "probably clear to everyone". That's weird. Even then, the information itself (even if it were true) is so mundane that it doesn't bare repeating or noting. I'm not sure why she did that. The only motivation I'm seeing behind that is faking a "Townslip" :nicenod:
I was being sincere.
Elohcin wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:34 pm Ooo, smart. I didn't think it through enough. Maybe you can have my vote after all. Just lose the cocky attitude and be real, man.
"I didn't think it through enough" Sure :rolleyes:
again, sincere
Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:42 am [VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
because he hasn't shown up yet, so why not?
And what if he ia civ? That's a stupid reason to vote him so soon. Give the guy a chance and go after someone you think is bad. Unless you are bad and are just trying to get rid of people you think could be civ. Maybe that's it
Here's her jumping on Luna for a random vote on MacDougall. This post just rubs me wrong. It's not because of what she's doing (calling someone out for a vote), but how she goes on about it. She's going way too hard on Luna and over-reacting on an early random vote. It reads fake and this is only reenforced by her later dealings with Luna and her scum read of her. She milked that vote of Luna's to get her a scum read on her.
Mac is usually VERY active. Turns out he WAS civ, and he DID show up ready to have at it. He was just late.
The vote itself isn't great, but there is nothing wrong with a random vote especially when the reasons are given no matter how bad they are.

"What id he is a civ"? Doesn't make sense. It's a random vote. What if he isn't a civ?

"That's a stupid reason to vote him so soon"? Bolded " so soon ". No it isn't. Random vote early on are much better than random votes in the later stages of the day. That's a bad twist from Eloh.
I meant so soon in the GAME, not the day.
"Give the guy a chance and go after someone you think is bad" This is as if Luna with one measly vote on Mac has doomed lol. This doesn't make sense.

"Unless you are bad and are just trying to get rid of people you think could be civ. Maybe that's it" We went from one random vote to Luna being bad and trying to get rid of people that she think are civ in two lines. Wow. This is such an opportunistic way to frame a random early vote. See that she's also excluding the simple fact that this could be a civ voting randomly. Strawman, false dilemma. You name it. It's here.
It wasn't just the one random vote. She kept jumping onto what others were doing, being wishy washy, not trying to actually find someone who could actually be bad. She also changed the subject when people went after her/asked her questions. She did post for a long while and then as soon as her name was mentioned, she posted and tries to deflect. Lots of her behavior has been sketchy.
That "get rid of people you think could be civ" is a nice touch. It shows that she actually thought things through on the infected side of the game.
Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 pm
poutanko wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am Is it normal for Lunalee to post something and then no continuation on whatever she posted before?
Not normally. And the weirder thing is that she came in right after you said that and began talking. And in her post, she says she voted Mac bc she didn't know who to vote for. I'm not sure I trust that or her.
What is weird about her coming in right after that?
It means she is lurking and not saying anything. baddies do that because they are being cautious.
"Not normally", "Weird". "Not sure I trust that of her". Going off on posts mentioning Luna and throwing some poo her way. Bad stuff.
Elohcin wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:01 pm Then luna votes me bc of DHs reasons. I'd be surprised if she is good. I'm voting for her.
This right here is false. Luna agreed with some points of DH's about you, and raised some points of her own. This goes on the list of you twisting Luna's posts and actions to enable you to scum read her.

"I'd be surprised if she is good" This is the first thing you say that I agree with lol. I'm sure you'd be.

Conclusion - I think Eloh is bad. I think her "townslip" has been fabricated. I think her case and suspicions on Luna are dishonest. I think she's doing exactly what she's accusing Luna of doing, that is, trying to get rid of someone she think could be civ.
You can think what you want, but you're not correct. Either way....thanks for tasting your dinner :P
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:56 am
Eloh
Went after Luna strongly last DP
"And what if he ia civ? That's a stupid reason to vote him so soon. Give the guy a chance and go after someone you think is bad. Unless you are bad and are just trying to get rid of people you think could be civ. Maybe that's it"
"Not normally. And the weirder thing is that she came in right after you said that and began talking. And in her post, she says she voted Mac bc she didn't know who to vote for. I'm not sure I trust that or her."
"Then luna votes me bc of DHs reasons. I'd be surprised if she is good. I'm voting for her."
"Sure does. I would be surprised if Luna was civ. Everything she says seems so bad"
...only to not vote nor build a case against her this DP Image
Those who town read her, mind explaining how you guys have those read?

I was in bed when Day began. I got up, got my family ready, made some delicious eggs and cinnamon rolls, went to church, came home and made lunch, worked for a few hours, and now I am here. Some people don't ONLY have mafia in their lives. Give me a break. I will get to mafia when I get to it. But, I WILL get to it.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Speed goes to church on Sundays too. That's where is has been. And a lot of times, Sundays are spend with family. You gotta stop getting onto people for not voting and getting into the day phase quick enough. People have lives too.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:49 pm
Today’s lynch is going to be brought to you by King Negan. Here are the rules:

Everyone will case ONE person today. Pick one person, and build a case against them. You are required to vote for the person you case. This is first come first served, meaning if someone gets cased/voted for, you can’t pick that person anymore. That’s all you have to do today to stay safe. Literally that’s it. Here are some things that will disqualify you from safety:

1. If you case someone that’s already been cased without casing someone new first, you will not be safe from the lynch
2. If you vote for someone who already has a vote, you will not be safe from the lynch
3. If you refuse to case someone you will not be safe from the lynch
4. If you do not vote, you will not be safe from the lynch.
5. If you follow the rules, but I like the case against you, you will not be safe from the lynch.
6. If you follow the rules and make 10 or more on topic and constructive posts that I like, rule 5 may be waived.

Deadline to complete this task is 4 hours before EOD. At that point everyone who isn’t safe will be placed under my microscope and I’ll fuck up whoever I suspect the most.
BTW, this here is shit with a capital S. I am NOT Negan.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:51 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:46 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:44 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:08 am
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:35 am poutanko
here's one post I want to analyze first:
poutanko wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 pm

I’LL POKE WHO I WANT HOW I WANT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

In your own words, what’s the difference between your civilian and scum game?
What's with this all caps post? I'm just saying you need to start poking earlier and I don't remember seeing you "poking" people around before your vote on Colin. You just dropped town read on Speedchuck, Dharma and me. Other than that you barely interact with other players. No need to yell like that or is it because you don't like me pointing that out? What's with this reaction?

My town play and scum play are very different. DDL and novase can tell you. It should be very easy to spot.
Poh goes after INH, who is not used to being questioned. His response shows that. (Love that she did this)
Poh's "town play and scum play are very different" She doesn't say how. And DDL and Nova (as far as I know) haven't said either. This could have been a great place to expound on meta, but she leaves it up to someone else. Could be consciously avoiding making mistakes here that could get herself caught if she's scum.

running out of time, but will come back to this later today. This is just my start.
This is a rather lame start if you ask me. Did you expect me to know that INH is not used to being questioned on my 1st game? Image His response shows nothing but being overreacting in my eyes.
"I'm poking people around to get a feel"
"Dude, you should do it earlier"
"I'LL POKE ETC ETC"
...for real? Image is it necessary to react that much? All caps no less.

When I'm scum, people catch me quite easily (either it's because it's too obvious or not idk, I take that as yes it's that obvious since I often get D1 or D2 when I'm scum). As to how to read me? Hell if I know it myself on the specific. So yeah, ask DDL or novase if they can explain it Image
I'm sorry Poutanko. This is a rather lame start. I thought DH wanted each person to build a case on someone showing why that person could be scum, then place their vote on them. So that's what I did. But honestly your posts don't look scummy to me. But I posted anyways to keep with the spirit of the game that DH set forth. I'll place my vote elsewhere and if I have time today, do an analysis saying why.
you're joking, right? Image
um, no?
:haha: :haha: :haha: Now do y'all believe me that Luna is bad?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 1

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 pm What does this even mean?
If mafia doesn't know who their fellow mafia are then we can't make teammmate analysis.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

In normal conditions I'd just keep INH at the back of my mind until something more substantial came.

But I have to make a case so... yeah.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I am voting Luna. She seems bad where as Nova could just be a big-time misguided civ.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh no, I voted for someone who already had a vote. I'm shakin' in my boots. Oh Negan, have mercy on my soul.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lmao Elo is definitely town :D

Sorry Nova I'm not feeling your case on her, even though I can appreciate the effort and conviction
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 245

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm back from the movie and I'll now catch up on what I missed. I sure hope to see more people participating in the casing exercise.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:12 pm Oh no, I voted for someone who already had a vote. I'm shakin' in my boots. Oh Negan, have mercy on my soul.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:44 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:08 am
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:35 am poutanko
here's one post I want to analyze first:
poutanko wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:40 pm
poutanko wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:32 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 pm Assuming Sprit keeps his word and kills a non-voter, and assuming Mac doesn’t show up at the 11th Hour, this lynch is a done deal. I think the cases against Luna and DDL are interesting but still fairly weak. I’m poking around based on gut and seeing what happens, basically. Developing a possible list of suspects and feeling people out.
...you should start poking people around a bit earlier if you want to feel people out. You barely poked anyone Image
I’LL POKE WHO I WANT HOW I WANT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

In your own words, what’s the difference between your civilian and scum game?
What's with this all caps post? I'm just saying you need to start poking earlier and I don't remember seeing you "poking" people around before your vote on Colin. You just dropped town read on Speedchuck, Dharma and me. Other than that you barely interact with other players. No need to yell like that or is it because you don't like me pointing that out? What's with this reaction?

My town play and scum play are very different. DDL and novase can tell you. It should be very easy to spot.
Poh goes after INH, who is not used to being questioned. His response shows that. (Love that she did this)
Poh's "town play and scum play are very different" She doesn't say how. And DDL and Nova (as far as I know) haven't said either. This could have been a great place to expound on meta, but she leaves it up to someone else. Could be consciously avoiding making mistakes here that could get herself caught if she's scum.

running out of time, but will come back to this later today. This is just my start.
This is a rather lame start if you ask me. Did you expect me to know that INH is not used to being questioned on my 1st game? Image His response shows nothing but being overreacting in my eyes.
"I'm poking people around to get a feel"
"Dude, you should do it earlier"
"I'LL POKE ETC ETC"
...for real? Image is it necessary to react that much? All caps no less.

When I'm scum, people catch me quite easily (either it's because it's too obvious or not idk, I take that as yes it's that obvious since I often get D1 or D2 when I'm scum). As to how to read me? Hell if I know it myself on the specific. So yeah, ask DDL or novase if they can explain it Image
I'm sorry Poutanko. This is a rather lame start. I thought DH wanted each person to build a case on someone showing why that person could be scum, then place their vote on them. So that's what I did. But honestly your posts don't look scummy to me. But I posted anyways to keep with the spirit of the game that DH set forth. I'll place my vote elsewhere and if I have time today, do an analysis saying why.

Oopsie poopsie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I hope teacher gives me an A+
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

TH's presentation was fun but the meat of it got lost in the gimmick. B minus.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

fml
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You put out the effort tho so, not going to torch you fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Around 6 or 7pm EST I'll roll up my sleeves and let yall know whats up on my end of things.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Another one I almost cased in INH's place was Luna I didn't like her d1 that much.

But I feel like I've been suspecting Luna in day 1 if every game lately so I wanted to go for someone different.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] with several people (Quin, Doc, Colin, and hell Sprityo or TH) to choose from to case why did you choose to case Pout if you didn't think it would be a productive use of your time?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also not torching Elochin. Just as a heads up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's a lil something that will factor into my decision about who to lynch today :
Players ranked by post count:
DharmaHelper - 105
Sprityo - 74
TH - 38
Lunalee - 35
Quin - 34
poutanko - 31
DDL - 29
Elohcin - 27
Nova - 24
Speed - 23
Colin - 18
Jack 18
INH - 10
Doc - 1
Does anyone want to talk about why Quin has 34 posts (5th highest post count) and not a single suspect or read worth looking at?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:24 pm @Lunalee with several people (Quin, Doc, Colin, and hell Sprityo or TH) to choose from to case why did you choose to case Pout if you didn't think it would be a productive use of your time?
because I didn't think it mattered who I chose, and poutanko was next on the poll without a vote.

going to look at Colin and Quin now and pick one to vote.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:56 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:24 pm @Lunalee with several people (Quin, Doc, Colin, and hell Sprityo or TH) to choose from to case why did you choose to case Pout if you didn't think it would be a productive use of your time?
because I didn't think it mattered who I chose, and poutanko was next on the poll without a vote.

You didn't think it mattered who you built a case against to lynch huh

*Scribbles that down in my notepad*

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

wowzers, didnt realize i had that many posts

DH, did you take anything away from my follow up post with Nova?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:12 pm wowzers, didnt realize i had that many posts

DH, did you take anything away from my follow up post with Nova?
I read it, but I haven't yet formed a concrete opinion on the exchange. I'll be doing that when I catch up in an hour and a half or so. Catch up meaning re-ISO everyone and factor in their cases and participation today.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Skipping the links and such. Here's my opinion on Colin's ISO:
Wants the flamethrower (of course), and immediately says speed is bad. Yeah okay. An "easy" claim for anyone to make.
Thought my Mac vote was a good idea (why? literally no one else did, so this seems strange)
Says he's "coming in hot with a desire to lead the town" followed by calling me, DH, and Elohcin "good." Throwing out town reads doesn't seem like the best way to lead town. If Colin's bad, he could be doing this to gain town cred later once these players get lynched with an "I told you so!"
Makes this very strange comment:
"I was thinking “DH kinda reminds me of what I saw in Mega Man and DH was good” but then I remembered ... DH was bad ... and then I remembered I’m bad at this anyway"
Which is a waffle sandwich that doesn't even taste good.
Uses the "I'm bad at mafia" plea (does Colin say this every game?)
Colin here is the only one (it seems) who feels good about me. This makes me think he's scum, and knows I'm town, and is acting accordingly. it's probably mostly townies who are suspecting my every post right now.
Gives a "busy" excuse for not doing more. In my opinion, Colin has not lived up to his "town-leader" hype.

dammit, just found INH's post saying "dibs on Colin" Sorry INH. I'm posting this anyways.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:55 pm Here's a lil something that will factor into my decision about who to lynch today :
DharmaHelper - 105
Sprityo - 74
TH - 38
Lunalee - 35
Quin - 34
poutanko - 31
DDL - 29
Elohcin - 27
Nova - 24
Speed - 23
Colin - 18
Jack 18
INH - 10
Doc - 1
Does anyone want to talk about why Quin has 34 posts (5th highest post count) and not a single suspect or read worth looking at?
here's hoping you're not trying to suggest I pull scum reads out if thin air, because you can shove that right up your bobba
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

My thoughts on Quin's ISO
Quin is the master of short, concise posts, and little opinions. Here's all I've got:
First he really, really, really wanted the flamethrower. okay, not AI.
Voted speedchuck for no reason what so ever. Really don't like this. It is a lazy vote, and looks scummy.
Out of nowhere says that his town core are Luna, Sprit, and Eloh, and refuses to say why when Jack asks for more information. Again, I'm becoming more suspicious of people who throw out "town core" reads instead of scum reads. That is super easy for scum, but a townie should be hesitant to trust anyone.
His immediate reply to the no night kill was to blame an inactive scum, instead of the option that one scum found another. Perhaps to look "ignorant" about what happened?

I feel like voting for Quin now.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:55 pm Here's a lil something that will factor into my decision about who to lynch today :
DharmaHelper - 105
Sprityo - 74
TH - 38
Lunalee - 35
Quin - 34
poutanko - 31
DDL - 29
Elohcin - 27
Nova - 24
Speed - 23
Colin - 18
Jack 18
INH - 10
Doc - 1
here's hoping you're not trying to suggest I pull scum reads out if thin air, because you can shove that right up your bobba
I'm suggesting nothing amigo. What I'm saying is you've got the 5th highest post count out of 14 players and have not once in 2 Game Days made any effort to hunt at all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by insertnamehere »

THE GRAND BULLETPROOF CASE AGAINST COLIN
  • His name: "Colin Is Cool." People who insist on their own hipness without allowing others to form their own positive impressions are usually pretty sad and/or evil.
  • Colin has made 18 posts in the game so far. 6 + 6 + 6 = 18.
  • He has two real types of posts in this game.
    • Ones where he states weak, unfounded, and unsupported opinions that he later walks back:
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am Kinda feel like speed was trying to get the flamethrower and do that democracy thing because he’s bad and wanted town cred for a long con
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:57 am Speed very well could be good trying to win the game, I guess I was thinking of some recent games where he wasn’t acting like that as town (Hydra and U-Pick) but Courage he did, so, nevermind that.
    Makin' Flippy Floppy without actually giving any substantial opinions.
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm Luna good, DH good, Eloh good.
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:38 pm Actually, DH null.
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm I was thinking “DH kinda reminds me of what I saw in Mega Man and DH was good” but then I remembered ... DH was bad ... and then I remembered I’m bad at this anyway
    I honestly cannot even follow this thought process. There are words on the screen, and I'm reading them, but they don't mean anything. They're just there, existing.
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 pm Ok, I went back myself and did quick ISOing. Between DDL and Luna DDL certainly seems to be laying low more and tonally I don’t feel good about him like I do Luna, so, DDL.
    DH pointed out earlier how downright wack this post is. Colin gets walked through the dominant, popular case of the day after asking for a summary and then apparently makes a decision between Luna and DDL on who he'll vote to lynch. (Luna who mere posts ago was one of his two townreads.) He decides against DDL because of him "laying low"? What? Huh?
    • And posts where he lazily shrugs at criticisms and refuses to explain himself further:
    ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 pm On the slim chance that Lord Yo isn't feeling the DDL vote here is who I would suggest torching in order of preference.

Collin
    Luna
    Doc/Mac.
    That ain’t it chief
    ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:09 am
    DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:57 am If anyone's wondering why Colin made the top of that list:
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 pm Ok, I went back myself and did quick ISOing. Between DDL and Luna DDL certainly seems to be laying low more and tonally I don’t feel good about him like I do Luna, so, DDL.
    This after asking the thread to hold his hand through a DDL case makes me think he just wanted a reason to vote for DDL, the popular option. "Laying low more"? Yeah bro he said he'd be gone all day. Tonally you feel better about him than Luna? That means nothing to me. Might as well be French.
    :shrug:
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:24 pm
    insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 pm
    ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
    Eh. The “Speed could be bad, wait, Speed could be good.” thing is annoying enough on a D1 where not much has happened and a DDL bandwagon seems to be leaving the station. Colin has been pushing weaksauce stuff against two people I’m kinda townreading rn: Speed and DH. I’ll put my vote on him for now, and perhaps move it if he elaborates on those feelings in a satisfactory way.
    Nope
    I mean, what the shit was the point of these responses? They're about as meaningful as a read receipt on iMessage. I can get shrugging at this kind of stuff if you're just a zany motherfucker like Wilgy/TH. Or, if you have strong cases against others that you'd rather focus on instead of self-defense. But this is just almost ostentatiously lazy. The last one really irks me, as it was mainly intended to get him to elaborate on opinions that seemed hella half-assed to me. Instead he disregards the entire thing.

I guess I just, I dunno expect more from Colin as a civilian. And by more, I mean literally anything of substance. A literal iota of effort towards solving the game. Instead, there's shrug emojis and flip-flops.

[VOTE: COLINISCOOL] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 pm
DharmaHelper - 105
Sprityo - 74
TH - 38
Lunalee - 35
Quin - 34
poutanko - 31
DDL - 29
Elohcin - 27
Nova - 24
Speed - 23
Colin - 18
Jack 18
INH - 10
Doc - 1
I'm suggesting nothing amigo. What I'm saying is you've got the 5th highest post count out of 14 players and have not once in 2 Game Days made any effort to hunt at all.
bullshit.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:58 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:56 pm

You didn't think it mattered who you built a case against to lynch huh

*Scribbles that down in my notepad*
exactly! Gosh, has Luna said ANYHTING civ-like this game? Then again, everyone else is following Negan-orders. Are you all trying to prove that voting is pointless because the flamethrower has all the power anyway?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:12 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am So mafia doesn't know each other (yet), which means a mafia with a flamethrower has no reason not to follow us. It also means D1 is harder than usual.
What does this even mean?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am Oh I just realized self-voting is forbidden.

Hmm

random.org gave me Dr. Wilgy.
:suspish: (Though I was RPGing that night too, it was fun)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:02 am So should we reveal who we nominated at Day 0?
This looks like a generation of discussion, but since scum are all indys (on D1 at least) the election votes don't mean much. Wary of the faux-discussion.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:13 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
Eh. The “Speed could be bad, wait, Speed could be good.” thing is annoying enough on a D1 where not much has happened and a DDL bandwagon seems to be leaving the station. Colin has been pushing weaksauce stuff against two people I’m kinda townreading rn: Speed and DH. I’ll put my vote on him for now, and perhaps move it if he elaborates on those feelings in a satisfactory way.
If you flip-flip more I might start thinik you are nutella in disguise.
INH did speak a bit too much about what he would do with his vote in certain cases, but he's pretty straightforward about his read and vote. Not only that, but he's scumreading a real flip-flopper. Feels like an ingenuine suspicion. (The post before this one was a Luna suspicion, which was a bit easy, but possibly genuine.)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:22 pm Sprityo looks worse after this day. It's one thing to murder an inactive day 1, it's another to use that as an excuse to avoid scumhunting them posting a bunch of salad after you execute said inactive.
On the one hand, agreed. On the other hand, what does Sprityo gain by doing this? Also this is piggybacking off someone else's suspicion. He continues to hammer down on this. It's an easy gripe to let fester.

His INH case isn't great.

I have no reason to think DDL is town, but the scum pings arten't that strong. I'll see if ColinIsCool gives me a better case, but I'm voting here for now so nobody can steal it.
Out of every case I’ve read so far, this seems the most nitpicky and making a case simply for the sake of it. I mean, Speed basically says as much at the end (“voting here for now so nobody can steal it” = “let me get this done before I have to invent a harder one”.) No no bueno. Maybe I’ll case speed?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:28 pm My thoughts on Quin's ISO
Quin is the master of short, concise posts, and little opinions. Here's all I've got:
First he really, really, really wanted the flamethrower. okay, not AI.
Voted speedchuck for no reason what so ever. Really don't like this. It is a lazy vote, and looks scummy.
Out of nowhere says that his town core are Luna, Sprit, and Eloh, and refuses to say why when Jack asks for more information. Again, I'm becoming more suspicious of people who throw out "town core" reads instead of scum reads. That is super easy for scum, but a townie should be hesitant to trust anyone.
His immediate reply to the no night kill was to blame an inactive scum, instead of the option that one scum found another. Perhaps to look "ignorant" about what happened?

I feel like voting for Quin now.
Refuses? When did I refuse anything? Nope, never. No siree.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sprityo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm *cracks my knuckles, spine, and left knee*

Alright:

Nothing wrong with that.

I did make a case
Nice dismissal

Who is this post quoting?
novaselinenever
Hitman

This is firefly all over again :stare:

Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that every one just blew their mind?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Alright:

Nothing wrong with that.

I did make a case
Nice dismissal

Who is this post quoting?
Me :scared:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 pm Gives a "busy" excuse for not doing more. In my opinion, Colin has not lived up to his "town-leader" hype.
I don’t want to be a town leader. I signed up for this game like 3 months ago and I am considerably busier than I was then. I’ll do my best to contribute, but I’m not here to bulldoze.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Town Colin doesn’t give a damn and posts all willy nilly. You all should know that. If you incinerate me you’ll help strengthen my meta.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”