Outpost 31 {GAME OVER}

Moderator: Community Team

So what did you think?

It was out of this world!
17%
Eh, it wasn't really my thing.
17%
I wanna torch G-Man with a flamethrower.
67%

Total votes: 6
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Outpost 31- DAY 4

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

What I'm getting at is that depending on the number of things and the scum win condition, we may be at mylo.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:43 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:22 am Who voted for me and who voted for someone else?
I voted for you.
Why? I'm at the bottom of your rainbow list and you're aware I haven't read the whole game.

Wouldn't I be a terrible person to give a flamethrower to?
1. You said you knew what to do with it.
2. If I had colored that rainbow, you'd have been yellow. Only the two under you are scumreads of mine at the moment, which is a problem of its own.
3. If I read you as scum, I might consider giving you the flamethrower anyway. Could learn a lot about who you are and who your teammates might be by the way you handle it. (all things considered, scum are as blind as we are in some cases. Sometimes not. Either way it would be interesting to see how they handle the firecannon)

linkis I will read them
1. So?
2. Nobody knew that but you, right?
3. At potentially mylo? When I might be bad AND not know who my teammates even are?

I don't follow this reasoning.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 245

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think 4-4 is not game end because there's no (or little to no) way to coordinate or control the lynch. 3-4 is game end because we are outnumbered.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 59

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:22 am Who voted for me and who voted for someone else?
I voted for you.
Why? I'm at the bottom of your rainbow list and you're aware I haven't read the whole game.

2. If I had colored that rainbow, you'd have been yellow. Only the two under you are scumreads of mine at the moment, which is a problem of its own.
3. If I read you as scum, I might consider giving you the flamethrower anyway. Could learn a lot about who you are and who your teammates might be by the way you handle it. (all things considered, scum are as blind as we are in some cases. Sometimes not. Either way it would be interesting to see how they handle the firecannon)

linkis I will read them
1. So?
3. At potentially mylo? When I might be bad AND not know who my teammates even are?

:shrug: You asked.

1. So show me.
2. So?
3. I doubt that it's MYLO, personally. I didn't even consider that it might be MYLO before now.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Feel like Elohcin is being WAY more aggressive in this game than in her recent town games. I love it but also wonder why the meta change. Maybe I'll find a scum game and compare.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Answer: Nope, Mafia Elohcin is not really more aggressive. But then, this is more of a SK game. And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I voted for you.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]G-Man[/mention]

Can we get a public clarification on the endgame condition?

Thanks.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm
I voted for you.

linkis I will read them
1. So?

:shrug: You asked.

1. So show me.
2. So?
3. I doubt that it's MYLO, personally. I didn't even consider that it might be MYLO before now.
Show you what? Sprityo just got immolated primarily based on my suggestion and I've not really labeled any other suspects. Clearly...
So maybe I don't believe you. Ooooooor maybe I do on those late two points. Idk.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

We don't know the number of assimilated so how could we know when we're in mylo or lylo or whatever?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have no idea what to do with Eloh. Half the time I help mislynch her, it's cause I think there's a slip or she's defending but I'm wrong. Half the time she wins as mafia, I thought she slipped or defended a partner and I let it slide. Like the one time I just tone read her, I thought she was town but I was wrong.

Does Quin actually have a good track record of determining Eloh's alignment? Would it still apply to SK Eloh? I never go back and check these things.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:23 pm We don't know the number of assimilated so how could we know when we're in mylo or lylo or whatever?
I just want to know the terms of mylo.

But it's not out of the normal to have 4 scum in a game this size. Going into a game with 10 players, 4 of which are scum is often mylo.

Like, I didn't vote for Wilgy last night.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I always end up defending Elohcin, I'm wrong like half the time, but I never learn
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Anyways speedchuck is gonna have to do a better job of convincing me that his thought process for voting Jack makes a lick of sense :smoky:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:32 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:28 am Looking at the two nightkills so far ... they don’t make much sense to me. Poutanko was new and Nova had not done anything to become a top townleader. It’s almost as if the killers are choosing targets with the goal of finding their teammates? Which begs the question as to why a player like Jack, Speed or DH haven’t been targeted yet. Unless they have.
If I'd been targeted for a kill I'dve died, so it ain't me fam.
Why do you even have me and Jack on this list, Colin? Jack hasn't even read the whole game and I'm not exactly supahtowning.
You’re the biggest threats, imo, and on N1, that’s a compelling candidate for a kill, especially in this set-up. Doesn’t matter what happened after.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm Answer: Nope, Mafia Elohcin is not really more aggressive. But then, this is more of a SK game. And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
You read an Eloh scum game, evaluated the content, synthesizedva point and wrote this post all in 4 minutes?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DH - that read list was a spectrum, from “most good” to “most bad”. Also, I thought we couldn’t double dip the flamethrower but it appears that isn’t the case.

As for the exercise, my bad, I thought I addressed it. I would have killed either Speed or DH due to largest perceived threat, or someone totally unlinked to me at that point like Quin.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm DH - that read list was a spectrum, from “most good” to “most bad”. Also, I thought we couldn’t double dip the flamethrower but it appears that isn’t the case.

As for the exercise, my bad, I thought I addressed it. I would have killed either Speed or DH due to largest perceived threat, or someone totally unlinked to me at that point like Quin.
Appreciate that you addressed my points boss.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm Answer: Nope, Mafia Elohcin is not really more aggressive. But then, this is more of a SK game. And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
You read an Eloh scum game, evaluated the content, synthesizedva point and wrote this post all in 4 minutes?
Yep. Dove into Mortal Kombat mafia, skimmed about two pages of Eloh's four that she contributed.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm As for the exercise, my bad, I thought I addressed it. I would have killed either Speed or DH due to largest perceived threat, or someone totally unlinked to me at that point like Quin.
Explain to me how I am a threat. Explain it. Do it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:02 pm
Why lie about this tho?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Not gonna burn DH today either. Maybe he let me live cause he’s scum and he’s hoping I get misburned. But why vote for me or say he’s gonna vote for me? As a sker and a player who kicked my tail in a recent game that I was a bit salty about, that’s needlessly dangerous. Likely townie.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Just imagine there’s an asterisk after all of my posts where I admit I am a very good goon and a very poor townie but I’m doing the best I can and you can laugh later if I’m wrong.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Colin keeps acting like I'm this super dangerous supah-towning presence that needs to be reevaluated and lynched, and I don't get why he's so scared of me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think speed has a reputation as a very formidable player and generally not someone you want to have on the other team. The scum in Fire Emblem killed rabbit N1 solely because they were afraid speed would replace in against them.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm I think speed has a reputation as a very formidable player and generally not someone you want to have on the other team. The scum in Fire Emblem killed rabbit N1 solely because they were afraid speed would replace in against them.
I have data I could use to vehemently argue with you, but I'll just take the high for now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm I think speed has a reputation as a very formidable player and generally not someone you want to have on the other team. The scum in Fire Emblem killed rabbit N1 solely because they were afraid speed would replace in against them.
I have data I could use to vehemently argue with you, but I'll just take the high for now.
Oh man was it Speed they were worried about replacing in as a baddie?

I mean, you're overrated as hell but I wanna say Colin is right about this.
I keed. You're a damn good player. :bighug:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:01 pm

It was me.

But I'm currently coming off of the third consecutive game that I've led townies to a loss. I don't know that I've ever been a dangerous town player, per se. Talkative, but not too dangerous. My best town performance was in Mountain Mafia... and I was third party.

:hugs: though.

Anyway, I wouldn't bring that up except for Colin basically saying "why is speed not nightkilled yet" when I never get nightkilled early in mafia games.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

This is a really weird side of this argument to be on. Stop making me criticize myself to prove my point.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So not burning Colin, DH, Quin due to townreading and probably shouldn't burn Eloh and Wilgy due to not having a clue on them.

So DDL, INH, TH and Speedchuck is probably my lynch pool. I do got that standard DDL suspicion but it isn't enough to jump on.

I'm not going to ask for an elaborate song and dance but I would like as many accusations and as much reasoning thrown out as possible, even for players I don't think I should burn.

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] give me your power. I know you have actual insight and you keep signing up so I know deep in your heart, you wanna give it to me.

Also, who would kill new player? Who would not? I don't think Speed or Quin would. The new player is friends with DDL right? (Or was that Kara?) I don't think he'd kill them so early.

Also, even if it is mylo, scum might shoot scum tonight.

Linki: And I might even burn scum today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:01 pm

It was me.

But I'm currently coming off of the third consecutive game that I've led townies to a loss. I don't know that I've ever been a dangerous town player, per se. Talkative, but not too dangerous. My best town performance was in Mountain Mafia... and I was third party.

:hugs: though.

Anyway, I wouldn't bring that up except for Colin basically saying "why is speed not nightkilled yet" when I never get nightkilled early in mafia games.
And how many mafia victories?

I swear, you're an alternate universe me. I've felt it since our first game together. I cannot lose as scum or win as town lately.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Maybe high level vanillaish mafia is just scumsided.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It's actually awesome to be good as scum and bad as a townie cause you get to be around for lylo, which is best part of mafia and also mostly nobody asks you why you aren't dead yet. It's only a problem because in my heart, I am a townie irl.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:08 pm So not burning Colin, DH, Quin due to townreading and probably shouldn't burn Eloh and Wilgy due to not having a clue on them.

So DDL, INH, TH and Speedchuck is probably my lynch pool. I do got that standard DDL suspicion but it isn't enough to jump on.

Out of the three, my strongest townread is on DDL at the moment.

I'm not going to ask for an elaborate song and dance but I would like as many accusations and as much reasoning thrown out as possible, even for players I don't think I should burn.

@DrWilgy give me your power. I know you have actual insight and you keep signing up so I know deep in your heart, you wanna give it to me.

Also, who would kill new player? Who would not? I don't think Speed or Quin would. The new player is friends with DDL right? (Or was that Kara?) I don't think he'd kill them so early.

It was DDL. That's not why I townread him, given the SK thing going on, but it's a thing.

linki: I do have a lot of mafia victories. That's our hidden power, Jack. We're just really good at making town lose, regardless of alignment.
doublelinki: I'm scum at heart tho so I like it alright. Just wish I'd roll more scumroles, apparently people don't want to give them to me anymore.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:08 pm So not burning Colin, DH, Quin due to townreading and probably shouldn't burn Eloh and Wilgy due to not having a clue on them.

@DrWilgy give me your power. I know you have actual insight and you keep signing up so I know deep in your heart, you wanna give it to me.

I've been trying to give my best reads/thoughts on everyone fairly consistently because my vote doesn't count so my voice has to. I don't expect you or any flamethrowerer to follow me by the letter but if I can spark something I will try :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Voting Eloh. I don't like the recent string of generic posts.

"You are trusting the ones you shouldn't!" - who?

"If we keep lynching civs the ratio of baddies will get greater" - you don't say.

"INH and DH are bad by process of elimination" - what process? Feels like you just named 2 random people
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hey Turnip Head is voting me. I just looked at the poll for the first time today.

Is it because I voted Jack?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
Economics Mafia. It's a side mission.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm The scum in Fire Emblem killed rabbit N1 solely because they were afraid speed would replace in against them.
I mean speed is good at this game but this is silly.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:23 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:36 pm The scum in Fire Emblem killed rabbit N1 solely because they were afraid speed would replace in against them.
I mean speed is good at this game but this is silly.
That's honestly what they said. :shrug2: It is a documented fact.

That doesn't make it any less silly.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:00 pm And I'm not looking for an indy Eloh for hours.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 0&sr=posts

I do see some aggression in here. Tone doesn't strike me as quite the same, but hey it's been three years.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also I don't like how it feels like there're three people going "I don't feel good about reading eloh but I don't know how to read her so I'll pass"

How many scum know each other's identities again? Just 2? Because if it's more I smell bullshit here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 pm
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 0&sr=posts

I do see some aggression in here. Tone doesn't strike me as quite the same, but hey it's been three years.
It's my first game in this site and one of my favorites so it's fresh on my mind. Harder to remember new examples because most games are just a blur in my memory.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:28 pm Also I don't like how it feels like there're three people going "I don't feel good about reading eloh but I don't know how to read her so I'll pass"

How many scum know each other's identities again? Just 2? Because if it's more I smell bullshit here.
I just remember the one failed NK.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm Hey Turnip Head is voting me. I just looked at the poll for the first time today.

pretty much yeah.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:20 pm Hey Turnip Head is voting me. I just looked at the poll for the first time today.

pretty much yeah.
If it's any help, I was voting for quin, then changed it in a spur of the moment decision. If not, that's cool too.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Look I can't make any promises once I get my hands on RDR2. I'm gonna live in that game for a while. So get used to my supertowning and activity and make use of it while you can.

Anyways, prolly gonna vote later tonight. I'm between Colin/Eloh/Quin/DDL

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Quin »

I don't think anyone should get a pass for killing poutanko on Night 3. I agree about DDL though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why not speedchuck DH?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DrWilgy »

How? I never got to catch up past day 1 so... w/e man
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:25 pm I have no idea what to do with Eloh. Half the time I help mislynch her, it's cause I think there's a slip or she's defending but I'm wrong. Half the time she wins as mafia, I thought she slipped or defended a partner and I let it slide. Like the one time I just tone read her, I thought she was town but I was wrong.

Does Quin actually have a good track record of determining Eloh's alignment? Would it still apply to SK Eloh? I never go back and check these things.
I did. Once upon a time.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”