Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm I was just looking back over everything Epi said to me and I came to the same conclusion. It seemed like a natural reaction. And I didn't feel Epi was "digging" at me so I'm somewhat confused by Jay on this vote.
Epignosis said you're not on his team. Regardless of his meaning, that can be perceived as an accusation (Epignosis is a civilian accusing juliets of not being a civilian). Quin seemed to recognize the distinction as intended, but went to Epi is a mafioso and is accusing juliets of being a civilian instead -- or at least that's the implication I draw from the tone of Quin's ponder emoji response. It's silly, almost to the point of saying "Epi slipped", and it looked fake.

Highlighted portion: why?
I don't think it was a fake "lol epi slipped look" so much as it was a goofy/half-serious D1 prod :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm Seems like a dumb premise to me is all.

Like, am I supposed to believe that remark/spoiler was meant specifically for Juliets? Or that if you were bad with Juliets the first thing you talk about in BTSC is "Hey I haven't read all the books please don't spoil this specific thing for me" or w/e?

I dunno. Seems like a dumb hill to die on.
you're right, it doesn't make sense and I don't think he had any reason to assert unprompted that he and juliets weren't w/w. I wouldn't say it particularly makes him look bad, it's just puzzling. Epi is usually a very logic-based fellow and I really cannot fathom what his thought process there could have been.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 pmMy comment was that we are not mafia partners because I like to discuss things with my mafia teammates, and I "spoiled" something for juliets (even though I PUT THE DAMN THING IN SPOILER TAGS), so we are not bad together in BTSC.
This logic seems unsound. Do you mean that you pre-discuss everything you say in the thread with your teammates when you're bad?
There isn't any logic to it. I've been bad with juliets before, and juliets loves chat (see: discord). We would have been talking this stuff up, and juliets asks questions about things even when bad.

So my point is this:

juliets and I are not bad teammates together.

Use that. Work with it. Bye.
....I don't understand. Why would your question about when the spoilery thing happened in the series have come up in btsc with juliets rather than in the thread HP talk? Why are you drawing a connection to juliets before there was one?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:46 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:44 pm Seriously though, does the left half of the posts thing happen on all phones? Do I need a new background skin thing?
No, it happened on my computer a bit earlier. For now best just post and read what people have said after.
weird, it's never happened to me on the computer, but yeah it does always happen on mobile for me, it's annoying but i usually just post before reading linki anyway
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 pm Soneji said the same thing I said. I agree with both him and myself. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I might seriously not be able to post again during Day 1. I will try my best.
"I agree with both him and myself."

Is there a scenario in which you disagree with yourself?

You are fucking around.

Vote: JJJ
tbf that's just how jay is. I've learned to look past the unchangeable fact of how full of himself he is and instead criticize him for his actual opinions, which are generally garbage.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
"Owner and Helper" sounds like a kinky category of fanfic that I don't want anywhere near me but anyway I can see it :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good news is Dr. Who was good. Bad news is its 2:30am and my sleep schedule is still boinked. Also RD2R playing starts tomorrow. I'm really just posting so Nutella has a buffer between her posts.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 pm So who’s going to ask Glorfindel if he’s bad?
To be honest, this whole mess had completely slipped my mind. It’s hard for me to know what to do here - do I refuse to answer and get lynched by a rabid Town or answer it and put a target on my back Night 1? Either way, I guess it suggests a short stay for me this game... :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:24 am Good news is Dr. Who was good. Bad news is its 2:30am and my sleep schedule is still boinked. Also RD2R playing starts tomorrow. I'm really just posting so Nutella has a buffer between her posts.
you're too late I'm done sorry now we both look like fools making empty posts
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Less than zero interest in lynching Jay...

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:26 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 pm So who’s going to ask Glorfindel if he’s bad?
To be honest, this whole mess had completely slipped my mind. It’s hard for me to know what to do here - do I refuse to answer and get lynched by a rabid Town or answer it and put a target on my back Night 1? Either way, I guess it suggests a short stay for me this game... :(
Refuse to answer. We won't jump on you.... unless you look suspicious for legitimate reasons. You're just another player in the game dude :nicenod:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch me you pussies
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 am Less than zero interest in lynching Jay...
This seems to be a recurring theme with you. Why?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:10 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
Hey all! Just want to point out that I find it difficult to believe that juliets was confused by this post. Like, even I can remember that people say shit like this on day 1. Thank you.
If you find this difficult to believe you don't know me very well.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

This game has too many players.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:10 am
Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 am Less than zero interest in lynching Jay...
This seems to be a recurring theme with you. Why?
I’m not sure what you mean by this remark, Quin? My personal view is that Jay is a fellow of superior intellect and capable of analysis far beyond that of mere mortals. On that basis, if he’s Town, I’d much prefer him on our side. If by some fluke he’s bad, he’ll reveal himself later down the track. I think he’s far more useful to us alive.

If you were by some chance referring to my last game here with Golden, I’ll confess - I do so wish he was playing this game. It would make my decision here infinitely easier.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm I was just looking back over everything Epi said to me and I came to the same conclusion. It seemed like a natural reaction. And I didn't feel Epi was "digging" at me so I'm somewhat confused by Jay on this vote.
Epignosis said you're not on his team. Regardless of his meaning, that can be perceived as an accusation (Epignosis is a civilian accusing juliets of not being a civilian). Quin seemed to recognize the distinction as intended, but went to Epi is a mafioso and is accusing juliets of being a civilian instead -- or at least that's the implication I draw from the tone of Quin's ponder emoji response. It's silly, almost to the point of saying "Epi slipped", and it looked fake.

Highlighted portion: why?
Because if Quin interpreted Epi's comment as a slip, his question seemed like a natural follow-up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm I have no idea how DDL will determine who the last person was to vote, but it'll be me. :nicenod:
:faint:

Oh shit forgot this site doesn't order votes anymore.

Ok so... I'll count the last voter as being the last one to announce their vote in the thread, assuming that vote matches what is in the poll.

I'll still count your vote if you don't bother to announce it, but forget about getting any Deathy Hallows from that lynch.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

ISO links are up
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:36 am Lynch me you pussies
Never, unless you convince me you are bad.

I noticed you voted for Turnip Head but I couldn't find your reasoning. Would you share why you voted for him?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 pm Soneji said the same thing I said. I agree with both him and myself. [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I might seriously not be able to post again during Day 1. I will try my best.
"I agree with both him and myself."

Is there a scenario in which you disagree with yourself?

You are fucking around.

Vote: JJJ
You have never heard a joke before. You’re a marvel and would make a fabulous subject of psychological study.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm at work and physical therapy today so won't be back in the thread until 4 - 4:30. Please alert me if there is something you want me to respond to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm This Glorf talk reminds me of the presence of Veritaserum. This game has lie detection - can we lie-detect any post successfully, or are there restrictions? Some games have a rule that you can't LD answers to direct questions, to avoid everyone lining up and saying "I am a Civilian" as an automatic checkable phrase. Also, what happens when Glorf is given Veritaserum? Super-honesty?
This seems like a question better directed toward the host than the game at large, which gives me the impression you didn't ask it because you care about the answer.
Well, the question can only be answered by the host. :shrug: I care to have the question answered because it matters to those who have access to Veritaserum. I don't 'care' about the answer with respect to a preference that's important to me - I'm fine with whatever DDL prefers.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
Hitting at house and home already, ouch.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm This Glorf talk reminds me of the presence of Veritaserum. This game has lie detection - can we lie-detect any post successfully, or are there restrictions? Some games have a rule that you can't LD answers to direct questions, to avoid everyone lining up and saying "I am a Civilian" as an automatic checkable phrase. Also, what happens when Glorf is given Veritaserum? Super-honesty?
The effects of Veritaserum are described in the OPs under set-up, which clearly state it's limitations. Any attempts at a loophole would be grounds for asking the host, not something to go off on a tangent discussing with other players. I am puzzled at why you are asking about it's effect on a specific player, unless it's meant to be a joke as by what I can ascertain from other's posts Glorf has a truth meta.

I don't see a point in this post in furthering town's goals, if anything it reminds mafia of a mechanic they might have forgotten about. It just wants to go off into pure speculation, you don't even bring up any good targets for use of it.

Baseless mechanics talk is a general scumtell for me so :

[/b][VOTE: [/b]] aubergine
[VOTE:

Well, as long as you don't vote for me. :p Yes, the Glorf thing was a joke. I think I missed where the truth serum is clearly defined, can you quote that?]
aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, you contagious tag-breaking bastard.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes, you can make direct civ/bad questions to Veritaserum.

In fact, I'm likely to reject any questions that don't have objective answers.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:26 pm Reasons?
If you want to hold up the name of Ravenclaw, you ought to read the rules.
I am not following this, help a brother out.
So here's the deal, bro. Some students have these "deathly hallows" whatchamacallits. (holy heck my spell check recognizes that word) And the only way for someone else to get them is to kill the player that has it.

... or to be the LAST vote on a condemned player's lynch train at day end. If the lynched player has a Deathly Hallow, it'll go to whoever the last vote was.
Thus the dogpiling on the end. You're welcome to join me. I have no idea how DDL will determine who the last person was to vote, but it'll be me. :nicenod:

linki: SONEJI ARRIVED! ;airguitar:
Thanks! It should be fun at the last minute to be frantically unvoting and voting to try to be last. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 am Yes, you can make direct civ/bad questions to Veritaserum.

In fact, I'm likely to reject any questions that don't have objective answers.
Thanks, host. I love the subjective ones the most when I host. Signups for A World Asunder imminent!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:19 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:01 pm Yeah I've gotta be real with yall unless somebody outright fucks up and slips or somebody builds a damn good case, I'll probably default to a no-show as well.
The funny thing with this game is we might get some magnificent ties. Because if you're on a townie lynch that goes through, your house looses 2 points. So especially on day 1 if I don't have a good scum read, I would rather be a single vote on someone who's not going to die.
Oh good someone already fucked up. Thanks Luna :P
This looks juicy. Explain?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:45 pm I don't understand why I'm engaging in this conversation.
I think I understand. You are concerned about having suspicion against you this early, so you're focusing on it more than is necessary. Why so concerned?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:29 am
Refuse to answer. We won't jump on you.... unless you look suspicious for legitimate reasons. You're just another player in the game dude :nicenod:
Thank you but you’ll forgive me if I lack confidence in the ability of a number of players here to apply ‘legitimate reasoning’ when I appear to be an easy target. Don’t get me wrong - I intend to do my best for as long as I’m in the game. The one thing that I think would make this game truly great though would be if Master Sloonei was playing. In my estimation he’s right up there with Jay.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

lapluie, lapluie. Where for art thou, lapluie?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
PLAYER SALAD! Great catch, and an even greater image used. Took me a sec, at first I thought the women represented the accused players laughing at the accuser. Which was fun too.

Player salad is a proven finder of baddies. Even the last game I was in, I accused Luna of it, and she was bad.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:29 am
Thank you but you’ll forgive me if I lack confidence in the ability of a number of players here to apply ‘legitimate reasoning’ when I appear to be an easy target. Don’t get me wrong - I intend to do my best for as long as I’m in the game. The one thing that I think would make this game truly great though would be if Master Sloonei was playing. In my estimation he’s right up there with Jay.
Nah guy, enough of us are sick of that crap. Nobody likes what that has done to the game in the past, and it's just not gonna be part of this one. :noble:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I've had btsc with epi and juliets before, that was definitely a conversation that would have been had in btsc instead of the thread. That's why epi pointed it out.

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] if you suspect DH I suggest giving him a lil rope to hang himself with instead of attacking his every move. Mafia is more like chess and less like tag imo
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:17 am This game has too many players.
You're right, let's lynch one. Who should it be? Did... did you say it should be you? :eek:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:37 amMy personal view is that Jay is a fellow of superior intellect and capable of analysis far beyond that of mere mortals. On that basis, if he’s Town, I’d much prefer him on our side. If by some fluke he’s bad, he’ll reveal himself later down the track. I think he’s far more useful to us alive.
Eh? What makes you say this? I have seen JJJ win as a baddie with everyone fooled.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, why is it "by some fluke" if JJJ is bad?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 am I've had btsc with epi and juliets before, that was definitely a conversation that would have been had in btsc instead of the thread. That's why epi pointed it out.
What are the chances that they DID have that conversation in BTSC?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
Hitting at house and home already, ouch.
The effects of Veritaserum are described in the OPs under set-up, which clearly state it's limitations. Any attempts at a loophole would be grounds for asking the host, not something to go off on a tangent discussing with other players. I am puzzled at why you are asking about it's effect on a specific player, unless it's meant to be a joke as by what I can ascertain from other's posts Glorf has a truth meta.

I don't see a point in this post in furthering town's goals, if anything it reminds mafia of a mechanic they might have forgotten about. It just wants to go off into pure speculation, you don't even bring up any good targets for use of it.

Baseless mechanics talk is a general scumtell for me so :

[/b][VOTE: [/b]] aubergine
[VOTE:

This post sounds like a baddie reprimanding a civvie for talking.]
aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

told you it's contagious geez
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Nah you’re good, I was making a joke about Firefly.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

timmer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:10 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
Hey all! Just want to point out that I find it difficult to believe that juliets was confused by this post. Like, even I can remember that people say shit like this on day 1. Thank you.
I wanna agree, but also this set-up is so complicated that I can buy it in this case.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 am
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:29 am I've had btsc with epi and juliets before, that was definitely a conversation that would have been had in btsc instead of the thread. That's why epi pointed it out.
I'm a turnip, not a statistician. But I'll say there's an 8% chance this convo was duplicated into the thread for next-to-no benefit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:28 pm I lost money because the Packers discovered they had running backs.

So if I'm pissy tonight, do pardon me.
I think at least one of those running backs lost a lot of money too.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 am
I'm a turnip, not a statistician. But I'll say there's an 8% chance this convo was duplicated into the thread for next-to-no benefit.
8% is pretty low. And you're probably right. I believe that Epi would have a bit more subtlety about it if this were a BTSC-spawned distancing setup... as in, he wouldn't point his finger to it himself, right away, if it were done falsely. He'd let someone else realize it, or at the very least, call it out much later as early proof.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 am
Glorfindel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:37 amMy personal view is that Jay is a fellow of superior intellect and capable of analysis far beyond that of mere mortals. On that basis, if he’s Town, I’d much prefer him on our side. If by some fluke he’s bad, he’ll reveal himself later down the track. I think he’s far more useful to us alive.
Eh? What makes you say this? I have seen JJJ win as a baddie with everyone fooled.
Agreed — I don’t know how a bad JJJ revealing himself is an inevitability. Glorf’s posts about protecting JJJ almost feel like TMI, if Glorf is bad and JJJ is not
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epi and Owner are town.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Glorf is actually probably town too, but that post hinges on the “if”.

Return to “Previous Jobs”