Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by speedchuck »

Meh I don't want to lynch JJJ or TH. Their ISOs did not inspire me to do so at all.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:45 pm harry potter and the goblet is the best book but the worst movie and if you disagree im killing you first
But firebender dance tho.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 pm Movie 4 is poop but might not be the worst because 3 and 6 fight really hard for that title.
The stylistic change between 2 and 3, which is a slapstick comedy, is really jarring if you watch them back to back.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:01 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm Still want to lynch 3J, but Owner isn’t a bad call either.
Which posts changed your mind?
I think in general your responses under pressure, tonally, have something suspicious about them, like you’re fighting to survive by any means necessary. Could be town, but I tend to think of it as a scumtell.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

EBWOP

*waves wand dramatically*
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Soneji »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:00 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:48 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:30 pm I want to lynch them chuck.
Why Soneji?
He made a post at Long Con that I replied to earlier that looked scummy in its motivations. This also happened right after I threatened to lynch him for chronic not-showing-up-itis, so that also factors into my read.
My post was several hours after yours, this sounds like entrapment where just by actually playing I'm suspicious. I suspect Long Con for baseless mechanics talk, you described this as "pointing fingers at a townie for talking", when the fact that his talk was empty is what is suspicious to me.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah, I'm aware that I took the most pessimistic view of your actions, soneji, it is what it is tho
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DH, I'm really impressed by your ISO's maybe because when I do them I never seem to be able to find the nuances like you did. I can't say I see everything the same way you do in them but there were several things that caught my attention (I'll get to them later probably).

One thing about me that I'll pass along for your consideration is in another game, Epi suspected me early because I wasn't asking as many questions as I usually do (I was civ). I think the trait is probably NAI. Airheadedness is probably more a civ trait because I can ask air headed questions in BTSC when I'm bad.

Lunchtime and then I have several people I want to look more closely at.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 42

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm gonna drop a vote on Owner. Her efforts so far just seem disingenuous. Her "read" of DH is unjustified baloney, and her other reads are substance-less.

Hopefully I'll be able to participate more on Day 2, and I want to do some more research into JJJ and TH.

[mention]OWNER[/mention]
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 42

Post by insertnamehere »

whoops wrong tag

[VOTE: OWNER] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:51 pm
Why Soneji?
He made a post at Long Con that I replied to earlier that looked scummy in its motivations. This also happened right after I threatened to lynch him for chronic not-showing-up-itis, so that also factors into my read.
My post was several hours after yours, this sounds like entrapment where just by actually playing I'm suspicious. I suspect Long Con for baseless mechanics talk, you described this as "pointing fingers at a townie for talking", when the fact that his talk was empty is what is suspicious to me.
Ok, excuse me, but enough of this. The issue I brought up has been discussed, acted upon, had mild accusations levelled, and has become a short, referenceable, public decision for a number of players. Despite obtuse claims to the contrary, the parts that only the host could answer were answered by the host, as was my intention, and clarification edits have been made in the Rules post.

So get a new suspicion, because the "baseless mechanics" accusation is more baseless and suspicious than me bringing up an actual issue.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Soneji »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm
Why Soneji?
Ok, excuse me, but enough of this. The issue I brought up has been discussed, acted upon, had mild accusations levelled, and has become a short, referenceable, public decision for a number of players. Despite obtuse claims to the contrary, the parts that only the host could answer were answered by the host, as was my intention, and clarification edits have been made in the Rules post.

So get a new suspicion, because the "baseless mechanics" accusation is more baseless and suspicious than me bringing up an actual issue.
My vote is not currently on you and I only brought up my suspicion again in defense of myself against TH's suspicion on me.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:13 pm
Why Soneji?

My vote is not currently on you and I only brought up my suspicion again in defense of myself against TH's suspicion on me.
:| Ok, next time maybe say "I suspected Long Con for...", this looked like a current suspicion. And sorry to go off on you, that last post is directed to anyone coming after me for this. I used to be in the lynch lead for it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

I could lynch TH or soneji tbh :shrug: Both not giving off the best vibes imo. But they're probably not w/w so I should pick one :ponder:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

[VOTE: Owner] aubergineI'm voting Owner. He didn't really say anything to convince me gut was wrong on him, and I'm not enthralled with other options.
My siggie.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm Still want to lynch 3J, but Owner isn’t a bad call either.
a.k.a "oops, where did I mess up?"

going back to look at some of Owner's posts...
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:20 pm
a.k.a "oops, where did I mess up?"

going back to look at some of Owner's posts...
More like people pushing against something that they don't understand.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:30 pm I could lynch TH or soneji tbh :shrug: Both not giving off the best vibes imo. But they're probably not w/w so I should pick one :ponder:
Nuuuuuuuuu dun't du it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:30 pm I could lynch TH or soneji tbh :shrug: Both not giving off the best vibes imo. But they're probably not w/w so I should pick one :ponder:
Nuuuuuuuuu dun't du it
Idk you're tied with owner and Jay and I town lean both of them so :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine
Her defense of the Deathly Hallows/Dark Arts thing wasn't even needed, but she overexplained it in a way that looked nervous

Are there any other facets to the case there?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah just for that post and to break the tie for above reason, [VOTE: TH] aubergine Love ya buddy but you're not gonna fool me twice chicken soup with rice
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] I should have put this alert in the post I made to you. Please scroll up above Turnips post to read my post. Thanks.

Also lol nutella! I'm not reading him as bad but I love your not-this-time comment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

gut read: Epi and Owner are scum mates
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Enlighten me about the JJJ read.
Engages with Epi in his player salad post.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
I think you're trying to set DH up.
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.
Epi tries to distance himself from Owner
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null"
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine
Her defense of the Deathly Hallows/Dark Arts thing wasn't even needed, but she overexplained it in a way that looked nervous

You seem to want to add more to a fire that's already developing very quickly.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm Owner's suspicion of DH reads ingenuine

I'd like to see what was behind her "I have my reasons" about DH just in case it's something tangible that happened in this game that I overlooked.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

JJJ, I wouldn't bother. I think they are going to lynch me today regardless of what I say.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

When does the day end? I need to know how long I have to make a final reads list.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am
Who is ready to learn? :D
Picture tell scummy [VOTE: karavalenge] aubergine
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm
I think in general your responses under pressure, tonally, have something suspicious about them, like you’re fighting to survive by any means necessary. Could be town, but I tend to think of it as a scumtell.
It's potentially environment. I would say it's null if anything. If you were to play at a different site where there is no guarantee that the other players will listen to you or even defend you in some manner, and then at the start of the game, players criticize how you go about playing the game, do you feel safe among these people? (yes or no)

If you don't feel safe, the tone will reflect that.

Opportunistic Pile (potentially scummy for it)
Turnip Head
ColinisCool
Luna

---
Unrelated, I thought Quin could be with DH at on point.

But it was probably more like playful banter.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm JJJ, I wouldn't bother. I think they are going to lynch me today regardless of what I say.
Ahh, fatalism.

Dude, I'm here and willing to listen.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm JJJ, I wouldn't bother. I think they are going to lynch me today regardless of what I say.
Owner, JJJ is not here, but I am trying to get your side of this to be fair. I'm sure it feels like I'm prodding but I'm doing it so that I can make sure I understand where you're coming from.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 pm

You seem to want to add more to a fire that's already developing very quickly.
That's me. I breathe natural gas and pee kerosine.

Though quite frankly I'm being reminded right now that I just don't get you. "Picture tell" brought back some memories. May be more of a complete disconnect between us than a lack of genuine-ness to your reads.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm When does the day end? I need to know how long I have to make a final reads list.

Check the time in the poll, which maybe a half hour of waiting after that because I'm going out for a bit.

Also guys, Owner is a girl.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Lunalee wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm Of course I'm Ravenclaw :P
feels oddly forced
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm Greetings, my friends! I know very little about Harry Potter - never read the books, seem some but not all of the movies. That said, I only wanted to be in one ‘house’ and as luck would have it, it’s the one I got! :yay:
Glorfindel has been oddly quiet. I wonder if that's a bad thing.
karavalenge wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:27 pm Green Two standing by.
not really added much

---
unrelated, I might have a town read on Long Con.
---

I'm not remembering Mac's posts. I wonder if I should be concerned or not about it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Bullzeye »

Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm I'm not remembering Mac's posts. I wonder if I should be concerned or not about it.
He hasn't really done anything
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:56 pm
Owner, JJJ is not here, but I am trying to get your side of this to be fair. I'm sure it feels like I'm prodding but I'm doing it so that I can make sure I understand where you're coming from.
JJJ switched his vote though. I would say he was here recently.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm Don't really have time to catch up before the lynch, but I can see from the Who Posted list that Nova still hasn't checked in so I will vote there today.

[VOTE: novaselinenever] aubergine
But we have replacements. Do you have no suspicions?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] ...my avatar is Luna Lovegood. Who was a Ravenclaw.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:00 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:56 pm
JJJ switched his vote though. I would say he was here recently.
Oh! I didn't notice. Thanks for letting me know. I still am hopeful you will respond to me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TH is voting Owner. Owner is not voting TH.

Iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnteresting
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:01 pm @Owner of a Lonely Heart ...my avatar is Luna Lovegood. Who was a Ravenclaw.
Yeah, so what? You think that excludes you when 4 people are voting for me when I'm a Hufflepuff?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella gurl you so bad :suspish: You love me too much to lynch me Day 1 :hugs: Must be scared I'll catch ya
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:05 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:01 pm @Owner of a Lonely Heart ...my avatar is Luna Lovegood. Who was a Ravenclaw.
Yeah, so what? You think that excludes you when 4 people are voting for me when I'm a Hufflepuff?
You just quoted where I said "of course I'm in ravenclaw" and said it felt "oddly forced." So I just wanted you to realize why I said it. In case it helps anything.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ugh, bullzeye whiffs on trying to comment on the trains and votes a missing player?
My siggie.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:03 pm TH is voting Owner. Owner is not voting TH.

Iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnteresting
Why should I self-pres? It won't help unless TH is really a baddie. If I have to help myself in order to survive day 1, I'm surely getting lynched in the future. There would be too much wifom/distraction around my existence.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:38 am
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am
Who is ready to learn? :D
Those comics are the best thing to come out of Harry Potter.

speedy's picture might make him town xD, among other reasons
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:05 pm nutella gurl you so bad :suspish: You love me too much to lynch me Day 1 :hugs: Must be scared I'll catch ya
Ah you decided buddying me would backfire and tried the other tack. K. I see right through you turbup.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”