Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:37 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 pm I've only got a second, but a quick skim tells that Bullzeye may be getting set up for a lazy day 1 vote. I'll be able to properly catch up tonight, but for now, that's a development I'll be studying .
What are the alternatives to the "may be?"
I suppose the obvious alternative is that people truly took offense at his vote, and I seem to remember that happening in the past as well with bullz at times. I'm certainly not going to paint every bullz voter as bad.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:42 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 pm Ok I was ISO ing poutanko and noticed something I had forgotten about karavalenge, and moved over to Kara.

1. Botched wording in her I am town statement which may, depending on mod discretion, invalidate a lie detect on it.

2. Commenting on sus against owner with supportive "meh?" Style little defences of his play which feel team-y.

3. Too specific in talk of owners deathly Hallows comments.

4. General ping in my gut.

I'm going to vote Kara, but could vote owner easily as well. Will read more tomorrow morning.
Did you have anything to say about poutanko?
Not really anything ground-breaking. He? Has a particular posting style that is new to me, but he seems to put enough attempt at substance in with the emojis that it's all good for me at this time.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm heading to bed to the sound of the new Julia Holter...
My siggie.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm Also, the logic I'm using is not foolproof at all, it isn't technically information based, so I'm not saying this in a "follow me, my people" way. I'm making too many assumptions to push for people to follow me, but that's where I'm at. I think bullz is CIV.
What will you do if people don't follow you on this?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:53 am I'm heading to bed to the sound of the new Julia Holter...
:sigh:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Mac calls quin and nutella scum.

Quin and nutella vote Mac.

Do better nerds.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 pm I was looking for alternative places to plop the ol’ vote, and I was surprised how perturbed I was when I scanned Soneji’s posts. I will explain soon, but for now y’all can take your own looks.
Soneji is the most scummy player in the game and after all the fun and games are over I am going to destroy. In the meantime though there is still fun to be had.

Quin, you suck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:58 pm Beefs with Soneji
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
Hitting at house and home already, ouch.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm This Glorf talk reminds me of the presence of Veritaserum. This game has lie detection - can we lie-detect any post successfully, or are there restrictions? Some games have a rule that you can't LD answers to direct questions, to avoid everyone lining up and saying "I am a Civilian" as an automatic checkable phrase. Also, what happens when Glorf is given Veritaserum? Super-honesty?
The effects of Veritaserum are described in the OPs under set-up, which clearly state it's limitations. Any attempts at a loophole would be grounds for asking the host, not something to go off on a tangent discussing with other players. I am puzzled at why you are asking about it's effect on a specific player, unless it's meant to be a joke as by what I can ascertain from other's posts Glorf has a truth meta.

I don't see a point in this post in furthering town's goals, if anything it reminds mafia of a mechanic they might have forgotten about. It just wants to go off into pure speculation, you don't even bring up any good targets for use of it.

Baseless mechanics talk is a general scumtell for me so :

[/b]Vote Lynch Longcon[/b]
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm Didn't know that triggered the voting function here, that was :

Vote Lynch Longcon
My initial take on LC's discussion of mechanics was negative, so I don't fault Soneji for adopting the same view. I highlighted a portion though which rubs the wrong way, in that it's devoid of context. "This is a thing that is suspicious, LC did the thing, thus I vote." The mindset is civilian-compatible, but the delivery irks me. It's less important than what follows in this post.
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:34 am~~~

I think this has merit, the times when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this. By itself I wouldn't jump on this but that Owner has spent this whole phase tunneled on someone over a previous game adds to their rapsheet.

~~~

These posts from Lunalee all slightly pinged me, the mocking joke in response to TH, the preemptive excuse for voting off leading wagons, the overly long somewhat passive-aggressive post to say he's town and the fact that they prompted this JJJ wagon but only just joined it this late.

Vote Lynch Lunalee
I omitted content from this post to make it smaller. The first portion (red) refers to Owner. All of it reads badly to me. Foremost, I just don't like "when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this" -- it is some vague, unverifiable throwaway comment that anyone can tack on to a post to justify promoting a "slip". Discussion of slips is often controversial, because players split into camps defined by their belief in the likelihood of the phenomenon, and I believe that when bad guys falsely contribute to slip dialogue there's a need to justify such that the controversy is quelled.

The latter portion (green) is just bogus to me. If Owner believes someone is suspicious on the basis of meta, whether her approach seems rational or not, then there's no reason why she wouldn't pursue that suspicion over the course of a day -- particularly when people were asking her about it. That's the image of constancy, but not a sort of constancy driven by the Owner as much as by everyone who questioned Owner. This looks like a smear.

The Lunalee stuff isn't as bothersome, though the orange bit there is not an agreeable assessment of the post in question (click back to Soneji's original post for clarification).
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm My Lunalee lynch isn't going anywhere so it seems it's between Owner and TH. Owner had a potential scumslip but it's so slight that I'm not willing to bank on that. TH's push on me is bad and they have had some odd interactions. What edges things out for me is that Luna and TH are voting Owner, while Owner is not voting TH, scum would have to be really unmotivated to not self-pres.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Not sure I buy his suspicion of Turnip Head. The "push on me is bad" assertion traces back to this thing which does nothing for me, and "odd interactions" is essentially meaningless sans-expansion. He finagled his way into a lynch of a player who wanted his head.
Dude getting people lynched has just as much to do with timing your cases as it does with having one. You've gone off too early.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by dunya »

hope everything goes well [mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention]. :hug: you and your family are in my thoughts.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:56 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 pm I was looking for alternative places to plop the ol’ vote, and I was surprised how perturbed I was when I scanned Soneji’s posts. I will explain soon, but for now y’all can take your own looks.
Soneji is the most scummy player in the game and after all the fun and games are over I am going to destroy. In the meantime though there is still fun to be had.

Quin, you suck.
nah dude when everyone else was talking about fake cop checks you were over here all like "hey let me play!"
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 am

Quin, you suck.
nah dude when everyone else was talking about fake cop checks you were over here all like "hey let me play!"
That might be true if I had any idea what you were talking about. I haven't read any posts.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:21 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:55 pm @JaggedJimmyJay : Being one of the few people I feel that I can trust in this game right now, may I please ask your opinion of two player of you may have far more extensive and recent experience of than I - Jack and Colin? Thank you kindly.
I think Colin has seemed authentic in his play so far. Jack hasn’t done much, so I award no civilian points. There is precedent for him to goof off as a good guy so tread carefully, but it’s an easy meta to mimic. Indeed that’s the value of the meta.

Can you explain why you trust me in specific reference to my play in this game?
Thank you Jay, for your assessment. I can’t say that I’d necessarily agree on either count. I find something uneasy about Colin so far although I’m prepared to bow to your superior experience of him. You consider that Jack is a ‘good guy’ ‘goofing off’? I see no evidence of either from his posts. I thought his case (if you can call it that) on me was little more that analytical gymnastics without a safety net of logic. I should ask you to reconsider and keep a close eye on him.

As for you, Jay - I get this overwhelming IDGAF tone from your posts that I don’t think I’d see were you Mafia. I think you’re more likely to be more low key and generally more agreeable in your posts if you were Mafia.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:21 pm
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:55 pm @JaggedJimmyJay : Being one of the few people I feel that I can trust in this game right now, may I please ask your opinion of two player of you may have far more extensive and recent experience of than I - Jack and Colin? Thank you kindly.
I think Colin has seemed authentic in his play so far. Jack hasn’t done much, so I award no civilian points. There is precedent for him to goof off as a good guy so tread carefully, but it’s an easy meta to mimic. Indeed that’s the value of the meta.

Thank you Jay, for your assessment. I can’t say that I’d necessarily agree on either count. I find something uneasy about Colin so far although I’m prepared to bow to your superior experience of him. You consider that Jack is a ‘good guy’ ‘goofing off’? I see no evidence of either from his posts. I thought his case (if you can call it that) on me was little more that analytical gymnastics without a safety net of logic. I should ask you to reconsider and keep a close eye on him.

As for you, Jay - I get this overwhelming IDGAF tone from your posts that I don’t think I’d see were you Mafia. I think you’re more likely to be more low key and generally more agreeable in your posts if you were Mafia.

Glorf, can you explain what you mean by "analytical gymnastics" regarding Jack's logic for voting you? Are you seeing Jack as bad right now? If so, is it because of his case on you or are there other things you are wary of?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I have to get ready to go to work now and I won't be back until 2:30 or 3:00 at the earliest to respond to the comments re:Soneji and others.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 amGlorf, can you explain what you mean by "analytical gymnastics" regarding Jack's logic for voting you? Are you seeing Jack as bad right now? If so, is it because of his case on you or are there other things you are wary of?
Hi [mention]juliets[/mention] this is Jack’s post below with the associated posts included for context:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 am The scum are Jay, Long Con, Quin, Glorfindel and Kyle.
You have proven yourself adept at identifying mafia when you're civ so I have to seriously consider what you have to say here. What do you see about LC that says he's bad? I have a hell of a time reading him even tho I've played with him for years. And is there anything you would be willing to share about Quin, Glorf, and Kyle? I don't think I've ever seen a bad Glorf so I'd like to know what you see. Thanks for anything you're willing to share.
Forgive me but... :haha: juliets: what on earth gave you a crazy idea like that?
Here’s a thought. If Glor is scum, at least one of these other players is also scum.
Jack, how is Glor being scum relate to the others being scum?
He’s very dismissive of what he shouldn’t give a shit about. If it was just Glor as scum, he’d be okay with a world where Mac actually goes after that crew. But what if there were 3 mafia in that pile? ScumGlor would be worried about that and Glor’s post comes across worried. Like if Mac put me in a five player group and said that was the mafia, I’d ignore it. Glor didnt.
1. I’m very dismissive of what I shouldn’t give a shit about. I’m sorry but doesn’t dismissive = not give a shit? This is simply errant nonsense.

2. If It was JUST me that was Mafia - this comment suggests he has already made up his mind that I’m Mafia based on no case that I’ve read from anyone and while appearing to offer you a logical argument, he’s already trying to persuade you that I’m bad.

3. His argument here is that if I were Mafia with other members of Mac’s list, I’d feel compelled to draw attention to myself by debunking that list. I commented on that list NOT because I am defending anyone - I was commenting on it because I couldn’t believe that you’d take it seriously in the first place (if you haven’t guessed already, I don’t share your confidence in Mac’s reads).

4. Again, Jack claims that if there were THREE Mafia in the list? THREE? Where on earth did he pull that number from? Fear not, I know...

5. If Jack were Mafia and was alone on Mac’s list, he’d simply ignore it. Well, good for him! I’m not Jack and as a member of this Town team, I AM going to defend the ONE person that I absolutely know with 100% certainty is Town from being thrown on Mafia lists and being voted for by people who wouldn’t know my Town meta if they fell over it!

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Also, do I think Jack is bad? I’ll tell you [mention]juliets[/mention] I see no evidence to suggest that he isn’t. Do I think he’s bad because of his case on me? No. I think he’s bad because of his lack of a case on me. The thing is, his argument is so inept, it’s kinda hard to believe that any Mafia would even attempt such a thing...?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:57 amDude getting people lynched has just as much to do with timing your cases as it does with having one. You've gone off too early.
I’ve gotten more people lynched than you’ll ever remotely approach you load

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 pm @Lunalee I missed that you had voted INH so I guess he is one you think has been laying low, much like I thought.
I also suspect Kara, because he hasn't said much.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:05 pm LC = scrotum ... I am not entirely sure what that means.
I've been called out as scum before but I gotta say, I've never been called out as scrotum before.

Must mean I'm a better mafia player than @Long Con :slick:
Nope.

LC is the dog's bollocks.
Also, not a good thing to be read as.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:21 pm I think Colin has seemed authentic in his play so far. Jack hasn’t done much, so I award no civilian points. There is precedent for him to goof off as a good guy so tread carefully, but it’s an easy meta to mimic. Indeed that’s the value of the meta.

All three of these points are spot on and I award Slytherin 10 house points for this post.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:58 pm Beefs with Soneji
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
Hitting at house and home already, ouch.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm This Glorf talk reminds me of the presence of Veritaserum. This game has lie detection - can we lie-detect any post successfully, or are there restrictions? Some games have a rule that you can't LD answers to direct questions, to avoid everyone lining up and saying "I am a Civilian" as an automatic checkable phrase. Also, what happens when Glorf is given Veritaserum? Super-honesty?
The effects of Veritaserum are described in the OPs under set-up, which clearly state it's limitations. Any attempts at a loophole would be grounds for asking the host, not something to go off on a tangent discussing with other players. I am puzzled at why you are asking about it's effect on a specific player, unless it's meant to be a joke as by what I can ascertain from other's posts Glorf has a truth meta.

I don't see a point in this post in furthering town's goals, if anything it reminds mafia of a mechanic they might have forgotten about. It just wants to go off into pure speculation, you don't even bring up any good targets for use of it.

Baseless mechanics talk is a general scumtell for me so :

[/b]Vote Lynch Longcon[/b]
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm Didn't know that triggered the voting function here, that was :

Vote Lynch Longcon
My initial take on LC's discussion of mechanics was negative, so I don't fault Soneji for adopting the same view. I highlighted a portion though which rubs the wrong way, in that it's devoid of context. "This is a thing that is suspicious, LC did the thing, thus I vote." The mindset is civilian-compatible, but the delivery irks me. It's less important than what follows in this post.
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:34 am~~~

I think this has merit, the times when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this. By itself I wouldn't jump on this but that Owner has spent this whole phase tunneled on someone over a previous game adds to their rapsheet.

~~~

These posts from Lunalee all slightly pinged me, the mocking joke in response to TH, the preemptive excuse for voting off leading wagons, the overly long somewhat passive-aggressive post to say he's town and the fact that they prompted this JJJ wagon but only just joined it this late.

Vote Lynch Lunalee
I omitted content from this post to make it smaller. The first portion (red) refers to Owner. All of it reads badly to me. Foremost, I just don't like "when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this" -- it is some vague, unverifiable throwaway comment that anyone can tack on to a post to justify promoting a "slip". Discussion of slips is often controversial, because players split into camps defined by their belief in the likelihood of the phenomenon, and I believe that when bad guys falsely contribute to slip dialogue there's a need to justify such that the controversy is quelled.

The latter portion (green) is just bogus to me. If Owner believes someone is suspicious on the basis of meta, whether her approach seems rational or not, then there's no reason why she wouldn't pursue that suspicion over the course of a day -- particularly when people were asking her about it. That's the image of constancy, but not a sort of constancy driven by the Owner as much as by everyone who questioned Owner. This looks like a smear.

The Lunalee stuff isn't as bothersome, though the orange bit there is not an agreeable assessment of the post in question (click back to Soneji's original post for clarification).
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm My Lunalee lynch isn't going anywhere so it seems it's between Owner and TH. Owner had a potential scumslip but it's so slight that I'm not willing to bank on that. TH's push on me is bad and they have had some odd interactions. What edges things out for me is that Luna and TH are voting Owner, while Owner is not voting TH, scum would have to be really unmotivated to not self-pres.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Not sure I buy his suspicion of Turnip Head. The "push on me is bad" assertion traces back to this thing which does nothing for me, and "odd interactions" is essentially meaningless sans-expansion. He finagled his way into a lynch of a player who wanted his head.
I could sheep this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nutella is bouncing around like she’s tethered to something. If she accuses me, I could say “But I am town” and I would expect her to back off.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:00 amKYLE
Last time you did this, Kyle murdered you and I thought he wouldn’t have.

(Yay actually following up on meta suspicions post game)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Glorfindel's game has been 90% talking about how great JJJ is, 10% sort of thinking Quin might maybe be bad, and 10% defending against Jack with a crisp almond OMGUS flavour. That's not what I remember Glorf's game being, and it's making me suspicious.

[mention]Glorfindel[/mention] I feel like you're usually Civ, and I can't remember a game where you were bad. Are there one or two games that you have drawn Mafia roles that I could reference? JJJ the mnemonic Mafia memorizer could answer that as well I bet.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 pm I changed my vote to Colin for now.
I wouldn’t mind getting lynched tbh. Confirm me as civ then rezz me. Have I mentioned that people with rezzes should use them?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm Also, the logic I'm using is not foolproof at all, it isn't technically information based, so I'm not saying this in a "follow me, my people" way. I'm making too many assumptions to push for people to follow me, but that's where I'm at. I think bullz is CIV.
Bookmarking this in case you haven’t explained by the time I catch up
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Colin, I've some questions.

First post: you say a thing which offers no real insight on the game at hand unless I am bad, and even if I am, it's still vague and nothing. Jack gave you a chance to make it better than vague and nothing, and you declined.

Second post: no shit? TH and Owner are the two primary wagons. If TH flips good, it doesn't make Owner good -- duh. If Owner is bad, maybe her counterwagon is problematic -- duh. What are you adding to the dialogue with these posts?
Sometimes I just say things.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm working today, soon, until too close to the lynch. There are a few cases I'd like to reread, the Soneji one looks all right, but it didn't blow my skirt up on the first read. I think Bullzeye is off the table now with a strong vote of confidence from Timmer. Is that something folks agree with? He said 'no cop' but who really knows, that's just what a cop would say. :hahah:

I'm going to leave my vote on Lunalee for now, although I could put it on kara if it came down to it. I'll try to be here before it comes down to it, to ensure I have my vote on a player that is relevant come lynch end. Maybe even get another crack at a Deathly Hallows, who knows?

[VOTE: Luna] aubergine
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And that is a serious answer, not me trying to be a dick ... if I think an observation is worth mentioning to town I’ll put it on record. Those posts are both signals of “hey, don’t forget this if it comes down to it.”
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:21 am
I wouldn’t mind getting lynched tbh. Confirm me as civ then rezz me. Have I mentioned that people with rezzes should use them?
I haven't voiced it yet, but please listen to Colin if you have a rez. Don't be wastin' a rez by dyin' on us now! Use use use! We have dead Civs. Turnip Head is cool, I'd really like him back since I sealed his doom with my tiebreaking vote. :(
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Glorfindel wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 amGlorf, can you explain what you mean by "analytical gymnastics" regarding Jack's logic for voting you? Are you seeing Jack as bad right now? If so, is it because of his case on you or are there other things you are wary of?
Hi @juliets this is Jack’s post below with the associated posts included for context:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:02 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am
Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:39 am The scum are Jay, Long Con, Quin, Glorfindel and Kyle.
You have proven yourself adept at identifying mafia when you're civ so I have to seriously consider what you have to say here. What do you see about LC that says he's bad? I have a hell of a time reading him even tho I've played with him for years. And is there anything you would be willing to share about Quin, Glorf, and Kyle? I don't think I've ever seen a bad Glorf so I'd like to know what you see. Thanks for anything you're willing to share.
Forgive me but... :haha: juliets: what on earth gave you a crazy idea like that?
Here’s a thought. If Glor is scum, at least one of these other players is also scum.
Jack, how is Glor being scum relate to the others being scum?
He’s very dismissive of what he shouldn’t give a shit about. If it was just Glor as scum, he’d be okay with a world where Mac actually goes after that crew. But what if there were 3 mafia in that pile? ScumGlor would be worried about that and Glor’s post comes across worried. Like if Mac put me in a five player group and said that was the mafia, I’d ignore it. Glor didnt.
1. I’m very dismissive of what I shouldn’t give a shit about. I’m sorry but doesn’t dismissive = not give a shit? This is simply errant nonsense.

2. If It was JUST me that was Mafia - this comment suggests he has already made up his mind that I’m Mafia based on no case that I’ve read from anyone and while appearing to offer you a logical argument, he’s already trying to persuade you that I’m bad.

3. His argument here is that if I were Mafia with other members of Mac’s list, I’d feel compelled to draw attention to myself by debunking that list. I commented on that list NOT because I am defending anyone - I was commenting on it because I couldn’t believe that you’d take it seriously in the first place (if you haven’t guessed already, I don’t share your confidence in Mac’s reads).

4. Again, Jack claims that if there were THREE Mafia in the list? THREE? Where on earth did he pull that number from? Fear not, I know...

5. If Jack were Mafia and was alone on Mac’s list, he’d simply ignore it. Well, good for him! I’m not Jack and as a member of this Town team, I AM going to defend the ONE person that I absolutely know with 100% certainty is Town from being thrown on Mafia lists and being voted for by people who wouldn’t know my Town meta if they fell over it!
Nahnah.

1. There is a difference between taking the time to call out a good player as shit because he made a fake accusation of you vs ignoring it.

2. That comment supports the statement that IF you are mafia, you aren’t alone on that list.

3. You didn’t say you couldn’t believe she took it seriously. You said Mac isn’t that good at identifying scum.

4. It’s a hypothetical number.

5. If you say so. I think this is known as being overly defensive.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 42

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 pm INH- Eh...stop worrying about what other people have to say about you and do something worthwhile with your life, unlike David Lynch. :llama:
This is just good advice for me in general.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:06 am Nutella is bouncing around like she’s tethered to something. If she accuses me, I could say “But I am town” and I would expect her to back off.
:shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

GTH babey

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 pm @Lunalee I missed that you had voted INH so I guess he is one you think has been laying low, much like I thought.
:evileye:

this post sounds.... not fake per se but kind of like an obligatory "yep let me see, oh yes kara is the other person I suspect for laying low" and then that's it. that's all she wrote. Luna has thoughts on two players in the game right now. Great
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 am I'm working today, soon, until too close to the lynch. There are a few cases I'd like to reread, the Soneji one looks all right, but it didn't blow my skirt up on the first read. I think Bullzeye is off the table now with a strong vote of confidence from Timmer. Is that something folks agree with? He said 'no cop' but who really knows, that's just what a cop would say. :hahah:

I'm going to leave my vote on Lunalee for now, although I could put it on kara if it came down to it. I'll try to be here before it comes down to it, to ensure I have my vote on a player that is relevant come lynch end. Maybe even get another crack at a Deathly Hallows, who knows?

[VOTE: Luna] aubergine
Do you think luna and kara could be scummates?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

gonna try to iso luna at some point before eod because I have not examined her nearly enough yet
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am
:evileye:

this post sounds.... not fake per se but kind of like an obligatory "yep let me see, oh yes kara is the other person I suspect for laying low" and then that's it. that's all she wrote. Luna has thoughts on two players in the game right now. Great
Not my favorite thing either, or generally any read on Kara which doesn’t acknowledge their most emotionally charged responses to suspicion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

NO! MY REZ! *slap*
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ehh I just looked at Luna's iso and could still read her either way. A lot of her hunting looks genuine but her back and forth on owner smells a bit funny and today she basically just echoed Jay re: inh.

Looking into Mac next, which won't take long as his iso is uncharacteristically short, which is already a strike against him imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:35 am
NO! MY REZ! *slap*
No slapping. We settle this like men. *tries to draw his wand but it drops through my ghost hands*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lots of short snappy snarky posts in true MacDougall fashion, but a lot of them don't sit right/feel natural in the way that a carefree balls-to-the-wall civ Mac does. It may be that I went in with a bias, but I feel like he could be trying too hard to imitate his town style. Like the fake "these five players are mafia" thing that was a highly unlikely list which he then analyzed reactions to. Even his reactions to the reactions looked fabricated imo. He's hardly given any real suspicions, certainly no explanations of them. Maybe I'm crazy, but maybe Mac is bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]karavalenge[/mention] [mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] seeing as how Owner requested to be replaced, does that change your stance on wanting her lynched? There are better trains to jump on today. Just saying.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:51 am Mac calls quin and nutella scum.

Quin and nutella vote Mac.

Do better nerds.
I thought Quin was one of your "fake" suspicions and I was one of your drunken "real" ones. Why do you lump us together here? Just cus it's convenient?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Quin, you suck.
If Soneji is the scummiest player in the game why were you only inspired to mention him after Jay brought him up as a prime lynch candidate?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm @karavalenge @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool seeing as how Owner requested to be replaced, does that change your stance on wanting her lynched? There are better trains to jump on today. Just saying.
It probably shouldn’t. Like Owner’s alignment hasn’t changed. Where are you going with this?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nutella and Mac should fight.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*duel
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:08 pm @karavalenge @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool seeing as how Owner requested to be replaced, does that change your stance on wanting her lynched? There are better trains to jump on today. Just saying.
Yes it does. I do suspect Owner, but I'd feel like a scumbag if I lynched her after a family emergency, and if she does get replaced I'd like to see if the person who replaces her is as suspicious or if I just read her wrong
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

I overslept so I dunno if I will get to the ISOing or not bu I'll do my best. lemme gets situated.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”