Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 6

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 am Some quick thoughts before bed because I have another double tomorrow.

Pout got a bad read on bullz. If he was tampered with that night, would he have been tampered with again the very next night? I doubt it, he didn't even claim cop until later so...

By that rationale, either pout is civ and so is colin. Or pout is bad, which go either way on colin?

As for sprit, I'd at least consider a lynch there but can people who know glorf please reiterate how rock solid his meta is... like, there is NO WAY he was bad? None? Because juliets is awful quiet, but it seems like glorfs meta is a complete gimme?
If Juliets *is* bad I'd honestly strongly consider pulling out of LC's game it would piss me off to that degree.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Why? Pissed off because you had been fooled ? Pissed because someone won by manipulating their meta?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:33 am Why? Pissed off because you had been fooled ? Pissed because someone won by manipulating their meta?
I can get into it after the game if it comes to it but I'd be pissed, I just don't wanna drag that stuff back up into the thread when I'm having such a good time otherwise. I do want to answer this question just not now. :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, no worries, just curious.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:42 am Oh, no worries, just curious.
No sweat. Short answer is I'd be more bugged by a baddie Glorf ditching the game at the first whiff of trouble/suspicion/heat than I would from a civvie Glorf who just didn't want to put up with the shit anymore.

But again I don't wanna get into that until like, after the game if at all.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 am [mention]nutella[/mention] Re-read Colin and Long Cons interactions.
OK doing so. They look compatible enough to me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:50 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:34 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 pmMy comment was that we are not mafia partners because I like to discuss things with my mafia teammates, and I "spoiled" something for juliets (even though I PUT THE DAMN THING IN SPOILER TAGS), so we are not bad together in BTSC.
This logic seems unsound. Do you mean that you pre-discuss everything you say in the thread with your teammates when you're bad?
Like this right here. If civs weren’t capable of “unsound logic” then we’d never lose a game. Pedantic.
:confused: Ok, but you're putting your own extra ideas into this and implying that they're mine. My post said "I don't understand, Epi can you clarify?", not "Looks like bad logic and therefore a bad alignment."
Fair enough but I don’t really get why this all needed so much clarification and hemming and hawwing in the first place. It feels like the kind of thing (bad) people latch onto because they have nothing real to question.
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:44 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am (okay, that was a fun exercise, and in doing it I guess there wasn't quite as much suspicious content as it felt like there was. I think my point about LC is the one most worth considering.)
Ok, you do it. Discuss reasons why Colin might do that.
Well he could be town wanting to get confirmed, but as Quin pointed out, why? He's barely even been suspected at all until now -- and what's more, he had just pointed out his fear that rezzes were either gone or in the wrong hands. If he's town he can't count on a rez, by his own admission. He can only rely on a rez if he's bad and knows his team has one. Whether he has some way to appear civ upon flip, or whether his team will rez him as a confirmed baddie, I can't say, but there doesn't really seem to be a town explanation.
Ok, thank you. That seems remarkably similar to my own post that is your top suspected post on the Page of Sin.
No, don't think so. You didn't point out the thing I did that if he's town he can't count on a rez. Your post painted much more of a bleak picture of a baddie fooling us all with a fake flip, and so I came out of your post interpreting more of an overall thesis of "don't lynch Colin he's tricking us" whereas I am saying we should just lynch him because he's bad and if he has a fake flip we'll just have to deal.
The "baddies have the rez" thing wasn't on my mind, that's true. Since we're analyzing Colin's intentions here, I'd say it wasn't on Civ!his (did I do that right?) mind either. So it's debatable whether that's useful.

Both our posts discussed Civ reasons for his play, and found them coming up short, and then we both looked at benefits of doing it as a baddie, with a nod to a possible Seemer aspect in his lynch. How does my post "paint a bleak picture of a baddie fooling us with a fake slip" when yours says "Whether he has some way to appear civ upon flip..." yet presumably avoids those connotations?

Anyway, be that as it may, I can't help you reading my post that way, but I don't recall having a huge "don't lynch Colin" push in that post. My post was geared more to discussing a couple of things and leaving it for Colin to take up before going further.
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:31 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:59 pm big post with long con in it
I didn't get that subtle defence or whatever from LC at all. Dunno how you interpreted it that way.
So anyway why isn't your vote on Colin? same goes for Long Con
I have found Colin's play pretty strong so far, and I have no intention of voting him because I can create a theory about his strange request that shows him as bad. Like I said, that wasn't the purpose of my post - to vilify Colin. I want him to respond to it before I decide anything.

I don't really have any suspicion of Colin apart from it.
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm If I am going to get lynched by the dumbest wagon ever in my time of playing Mafia then at least please answer this q before I go join my great friend Turbup Head in the, uhh, Mirror of Erised? I don’t fucking know you tell me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:47 pm Hypothetically assuming I used a Niffler, is it pro-town to share the results? Please weigh in on this and thank you.
I don't see the town benefit of publicizing Deathly Hallows locations. If anything, you'd mark that House for death.

But that's whatever.

So you asked to be lynched... and now that the votes are coming to you, you're getting salty about it??

LOL non please monsieur... allow me. [VOTE: Colin] aubergine We humbly await to serve your every request. :feb:

Personally I think all of these interactions could be w/w. Maybe you disagree but I can definitely see it. (I did have that funky lil theory about LC's post about Colin's "lynch then rez me" deal... maybe that was something after all) Also before LC died (before he survived the lynch even, but he didn't post in between that and actually dying) he left a "legacy rainbow" in which Colin was on the bottom in red. Juicy nugget of WIFOM?

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:04 am Long Con is sure being quiet while we try to hash out why he's still alive. Makes him look like a baddie lying low. I revise my rainbow read on him and say he's bad.
If LC is bad, remember this post.
Trying to tie Luna to LC's flip hmm? then kind of punts on it:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:04 am Long Con is sure being quiet while we try to hash out why he's still alive. Makes him look like a baddie lying low. I revise my rainbow read on him and say he's bad.
Why? You think we're teammates and I'm bussing him?
:shrug:

How do other people feel about the initial quote?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:26 pm Almost getting some TMI vibes from this convo though as if Luna and/or nut know LC’s alignment already.
Oh like you didn't huh

This actually is one of the most suspicious posts I've come across yet. Why is that his thought process if he's town? If he's bad, he's the one who knows LC's alignment and is maybe pretending a little too hard not to, while at the same time projecting TMI on me and Luna to make us look bad when LC flips. Anyway he tries to make a case on Luna the next day and it doesn't really go much of anywhere. Snooorrre.

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 pm Should I reveal who else targeted Long Con?
What is the pro-town rationale for disclosing it?
Between the niffler thing and this, Colin really wants everyone to know that he's really concerned about what's pro-town :keys:

On day/night 4 he said literally three times that his POE was speed, sloonei, luna, quin, and sprityo and that he felt sure the remaining scum were in that group. THREE times. When pressured for two more names he says "Jack and Mac I guess." Fart

Also he voted pout yesterday.

Anyway I'm feeling a lot more secure in my Colin vote from rereading his iso. My current order of most likely to least likely scum is Colin > sprityo > poutanko > Luna > timmer > everyone else
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Colin sounds to be genuinely frustrated. I remember someone saying he's usually cool under pressure.

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] can you point out which post of Timmer that make you think he might be bad? Saw you saying his claim sounds believable but your vote is still on him.

Going to watch Grindelwald tonight ~ Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:23 am Some quick thoughts before bed because I have another double tomorrow.

Pout got a bad read on bullz. If he was tampered with that night, would he have been tampered with again the very next night? I doubt it, he didn't even claim cop until later so...

By that rationale, either pout is civ and so is colin. Or pout is bad, which go either way on colin?

As for sprit, I'd at least consider a lynch there but can people who know glorf please reiterate how rock solid his meta is... like, there is NO WAY he was bad? None? Because juliets is awful quiet, but it seems like glorfs meta is a complete gimme?
Yes I am quieter this game than normal for several personal reasons. Today, besides therapy, I will be packing and cleaning to leave town tomorrow and will not be in the thread Friday except for early morning and late at night (driving to Alabama for T'giving). And I can tell you Glorf's meta is rock solid. He has never lied about his claims and I've never known him to lie about anything else as well.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 am OK skimming poutanko's iso and I can see it. She kind of dances around jack/barely mentions him for a while. But then when she does start going after him it looks legit imo.

One thing that perplexes me -- who obliviated her? That's bugging me.

Also:
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 pm I won't lynch Quin. Speed's flip gave us both scum cred not town cred. Why didn't scum keep Speed alive for today's lynch? They haven't found even night vig or no reason to keep Speed alive aka better if he dies? The lynch would be directed on Quin or me.

Why did they kill Jay after keeping him alive for so long? Why now? Did he get too close to them for their liking?

Yesterday there were 4 people iirc who tried to put a doubt on my claim. DH, Timmer, Kara and Jack. Could be Town but could be scum who will get "town cred" for "siding with Speed" who of course they knew would flip town.
DH - keep pushing evil Hufflepuff agenda or keep having a beef with Owner/Sloonei. He got a cred for lynching LC tho.
Timmer - vig claim D3 is a bit too bold, more likely town.
Kara - one of PoE, after her meltdown D1/D2? rarely post or interact with people. Only her 2nd game so idk.
Jack - one of PoE, one of people Jay went after yesterday. Have a lot of posts but barely stand out. One who started wagon on Glorf D3. If he's scum, I would reconsider my read on Colin. I still incline to believe Colin is Town not only because of my result but also if I was imperio'd N1, less likely I would be imperio'd again N2 unless scum checked me N1. Dodo at work could be but how many dodos are there to cause 2 wrong reads in a row?

[VOTE: JackofHearts] aubergine
@poutanko can you elaborate on the highlighted portion here?
nut, what is bothering you about who obligated her. Couldn't it be anyone who's bad? The part of it that seems a little weird to me is they did it night 2 meaning they had to find out night 1 what his power was. It just seems odd that someone would pick timmer to target night one.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wit, I screwed that post up. I missed up timmer and poutanko. I'll try again. IGNORE THAT POST, it doesn't make sense.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]nutella[/mention] , what is bothering you about who obligated her? Couldn't it be anyone who's bad? The part of it that seems a little weird to me is they did it night 2 meaning they had to find out night 1 what her power was. It just seems odd that someone would pick poutanko to target night one. She's new to us, who would have suspected her already, enough to check her night 1 with a spell that revealed her powers.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:24 am damn it but what if sprityo really did bus for the credit augh

but no, once he actually started playing his tone throughout everything is super genuine
I think he did. Mac says he wouldn’t do it but look back at Retro.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Nutella you are the queen of talking yourself into crazy tinfoil lol
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 am Colin sounds to be genuinely frustrated. I remember someone saying he's usually cool under pressure.

@Lunalee can you point out which post of Timmer that make you think he might be bad? Saw you saying his claim sounds believable but your vote is still on him.

Of course I was frustrated. You try being told to concede the game, over and over again, due to incorrect info when you’re town.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

[mention]juliets[/mention] couldn't it be N3 instead? Although they or someone else have to block me too to not get a result.

Colin, DH, Luna, Jack, Sprit have played with me on Outpost. MacD - idk if he followed the game since he's lynched D1 on that one.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am @juliets couldn't it be N3 instead? Although they or someone else have to block me too to not get a result.

Colin, DH, Luna, Jack, Sprit have played with me on Outpost. MacD - idk if he followed the game since he's lynched D1 on that one.
I am assuming it was night 2 because you got a result and if someone used obliviate on you you would still get a result. I guess it's possible someone used obliviate on you night 3 AND someone else used a role block but that seems less probable to me. I don't remember you being under suspicion so that would argue that the baddies used up two abilities on you. Possible just not in my mind probable.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:08 am
poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 am @juliets couldn't it be N3 instead? Although they or someone else have to block me too to not get a result.

I am assuming it was night 2 because you got a result and if someone used obliviate on you you would still get a result. I guess it's possible someone used obliviate on you night 3 AND someone else used a role block but that seems less probable to me. I don't remember you being under suspicion so that would argue that the baddies used up two abilities on you. Possible just not in my mind probable.
I didn't think about that possibility. Only told no result (not failed or anything, just nothing) and that I lost my Divination. That prompted me to claim D4. I assumed it's done N3 because of the no result was told on same post as me losing the spell, didn't think of that angle you mentioned (me not getting result because of the spell being erased N2).
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] thanks for the response about DH.

I think for the time being I'm voting sprityo. I will be leaving town tomorrow so I probably won't be able to vote but I could always change my vote at some point today if warranted.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 am Colin sounds to be genuinely frustrated. I remember someone saying he's usually cool under pressure.

@Lunalee can you point out which post of Timmer that make you think he might be bad? Saw you saying his claim sounds believable but your vote is still on him.

I've considered timmer might be bad from process of elim. But looking at his posts he looks town, and I'm moving my vote off him. Perhaps to Colin. Nutella brought up some of his interactions with/about Long Con, and he really doesn't look that great.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:14 am
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:24 am damn it but what if sprityo really did bus for the credit augh

but no, once he actually started playing his tone throughout everything is super genuine
Retro was a completely different game to be fair

The difference of having a lot of people wanting to lynch Luna versus a tie in which I vote early, hop off pout and onto jack. Like the amount of chance I would need to have both Nutella and timmer vote for jack over pout is high. Essentially what I’m saying is, why jump off pout who was 6-2 at the time to buss jack?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I think there’s a low chance of timmer being bad, if at all

Certainly think it’s between Colin and Luna

If I have the time I’ll look between the two of them to see who I dislike more, but for now I’m gonna [VOTE: colin] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:23 am I think there’s a low chance of timmer being bad, if at all

Certainly think it’s between Colin and Luna

If I have the time I’ll look between the two of them to see who I dislike more, but for now I’m gonna [VOTE: colin] aubergine
Just to get you started:

Assuming sprit is town (which I think he may be), Colin took confirmed baddie INH and paired him with 5 townies to make his "scum team"
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:24 pm Remaining scum are in this pile: INH, Speed, Sloonei, Quin, Luna, sprit. Objections?
Then there's this. This pings me the most. It's like Colin knows Long Con is bad, and is preparing to use that as a spring board to get me lynched next.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 am
Why? You think we're teammates and I'm bussing him?
:shrug:

How do other people feel about the initial quote?
(I realize theses are out of order, but still)
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]sprityo[/mention]

Could it be between Colin and Luna? :ponder:

Are you sure it’s not Pout or Timmer? :grin:

Or :puppy: could it be DH? That would be wild.

Look, honestly, everyone potentially bussed me and/or has obviously false night action results. How on earth are you going to figure this out?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

lol [mention]sprityo[/mention] I sort of forgot I was replying to you when I said "assuming sprit is town..."
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 am @sprityo

Look, honestly, everyone potentially bussed me and/or has obviously false night action results. How on earth are you going to figure this out?
My guess is we're getting pretty close, or you wouldn't have posted this. :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am

My guess is we're getting pretty close, or you wouldn't have posted this. :p
Well, there are less townies to mislynch today than there were yesterday so yeah, getting warmer. :haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

The difference of having a lot of people wanting to lynch Luna versus a tie in which I vote early, hop off pout and onto jack. Like the amount of chance I would need to have both Nutella and timmer vote for jack over pout is high. Essentially what I’m saying is, why jump off pout who was 6-2 at the time to buss jack?
Yeah sprityo I admit that is a really good point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:17 am

I've considered timmer might be bad from process of elim. But looking at his posts he looks town, and I'm moving my vote off him. Perhaps to Colin. Nutella brought up some of his interactions with/about Long Con, and he really doesn't look that great.
Colin definitely looks the worst from his interaction with the confirmed scums, Jack avoiding to vote him/LC and him voting me together with Jack and didn't move it (previously he asked to keep Sloonei's wagon after your claim and when it's between Jack and me, he chose to keep his vote on me - you're guilty of this too :charlieblackmon: ). But then, I green checked him. Don't think scum would Imperio'd me twice or me hitting a dodo'ed target twice in a row. If scum have a "secret" to turn me into insane cop, they wouldn't obliviate me. N2 might have another way to fool invest (if Polyjuice is in the game - it should fall under potion ability, need 1 night to make) but Colin was not that high on sus list. Higher possibility of it being correct check.

What do you think of Nutella's and Mac's night action claim on Colin?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Silence, demon!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

I think it's between Colin and Luna too given their stance on voting me with Jack.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

Is jack allowed to vote and do night actions still, or is he essentially a stump?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

But isn't that sort of the point? Your move to jack probably seemed safe because getting 2 more votes that late could seem like a risk worth taking?
My siggie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am Dragon D. Luffy

Is jack allowed to vote and do night actions still, or is he essentially a stump?
I can't answer.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

:shrug: I guess I’ll assume jack can mess with votes still
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

But isn't that sort of the point? Your move to jack probably seemed safe because getting 2 more votes that late could seem like a risk worth taking?
But that still doesn’t discount that it’d be more logical to just lynch pout if I was scum. In any case, lynching pout would always be the pro scum option
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

On top of that, I predicted what would happen with voting pout vs Jack. Votes got jumbled since the easy lynch (me) with two afk voters was no longer the easy option
Banners:
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:08 am

Colin definitely looks the worst from his interaction with the confirmed scums, Jack avoiding to vote him/LC and him voting me together with Jack and didn't move it (previously he asked to keep Sloonei's wagon after your claim and when it's between Jack and me, he chose to keep his vote on me - you're guilty of this too :charlieblackmon: ). But then, I green checked him. Don't think scum would Imperio'd me twice or me hitting a dodo'ed target twice in a row. If scum have a "secret" to turn me into insane cop, they wouldn't obliviate me. N2 might have another way to fool invest (if Polyjuice is in the game - it should fall under potion ability, need 1 night to make) but Colin was not that high on sus list. Higher possibility of it being correct check.

Yeah Pout they can only imperio each player one time so doing it twice to you doesn't seem feasible.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:08 am

This is the only thing that confuses me about you and Colin. I know we're down to one scum, so you can't both be bad. But you supposedly got an innocent read on Colin. First, the chances of having two divination users who are both town in this game are already slim. And second, if town was really and truly blessed with two cops, then why would you be targeted twice to get two bogus reads? And if it was so easy to mess with your reads, why not keep you as an active cop, and keep giving you bogus reads? There's too much that doesn't make since here.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
[mention]sprityo[/mention]

If Colin is scum, that means Poutanko got two false readings or is lying about being an obliviated cop. Which do you think it is?

Luna, your on the same track I am. Trying to understand this.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 pm @Lunalee
@nutella
@MacDougall
@sprityo

If Colin is scum, that means Poutanko got two false readings or is lying about being an obliviated cop. Which do you think it is?

Luna, your on the same track I am. Trying to understand this.
Doesn't necessarily have to have been something targeting poutanko though. Maybe Colin just can appear town.

But anyway unrelatedly I am going back to [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine now, someone tell me why :grin:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also could have been a diricawl that also doesn't target pout (e.g. a scum diricawled with Bullzeye n1?)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm This is the only thing that confuses me about you and Colin. I know we're down to one scum, so you can't both be bad. But you supposedly got an innocent read on Colin. First, the chances of having two divination users who are both town in this game are already slim. And second, if town was really and truly blessed with two cops, then why would you be targeted twice to get two bogus reads? And if it was so easy to mess with your reads, why not keep you as an active cop, and keep giving you bogus reads? There's too much that doesn't make since here.
The tone of this post sounds like you're pointing your finger at me. The bolded part bothers me because:
>You said you didn't counterclaim me D4 because DDL told you it's possible.
>If you believe it's slim then why didn't you check me N4 or N5? Instead you went with DH and then Kara.
>You went as far as voting me to get lynched last DP along with Jack, a scum.

You said we're down to 1 scum followed by me and Colin can't both be bad. Are you implying to say that 1 of us has to be bad? Have you forgotten the fact that if not for DH shoving some sense on people last DP, I would have been dead? Either Colin is scum or both Colin and me are town.

More likely Jack's team mate voting the same as him. I was the one voted on to save his ass. You and Colin both voted me with Jack.

You said why would scums targeted me twice to get bogus read while there's a possibility of my target getting dodo'ed. Or Secret. I still don't know what happened to Speed 2.0 and Quin's results.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But that still doesn't explain why she was obliviated :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

poutanko wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:23 pm This is the only thing that confuses me about you and Colin. I know we're down to one scum, so you can't both be bad. But you supposedly got an innocent read on Colin. First, the chances of having two divination users who are both town in this game are already slim. And second, if town was really and truly blessed with two cops, then why would you be targeted twice to get two bogus reads? And if it was so easy to mess with your reads, why not keep you as an active cop, and keep giving you bogus reads? There's too much that doesn't make since here.
The tone of this post sounds like you're pointing your finger at me. The bolded part bothers me because:
>You said you didn't counterclaim me D4 because DDL told you it's possible.
>If you believe it's slim then why didn't you check me N4 or N5? Instead you went with DH and then Kara.
>You went as far as voting me to get lynched last DP along with Jack, a scum.

You said we're down to 1 scum followed by me and Colin can't both be bad. Are you implying to say that 1 of us has to be bad? Have you forgotten the fact that if not for DH shoving some sense on people last DP, I would have been dead? Either Colin is scum or both Colin and me are town.

More likely Jack's team mate voting the same as him. I was the one voted on to save his ass. You and Colin both voted me with Jack.

You said why would scums targeted me twice to get bogus read while there's a possibility of my target getting dodo'ed. Or Secret. I still don't know what happened to Speed 2.0 and Quin's results.
HMMM now this is making me want to vote for Luna :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But actually I think sprityo kiiinda slipped a lil
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:57 pm But actually I think sprityo kiiinda slipped a lil
What slip?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:57 pm But actually I think sprityo kiiinda slipped a lil
You should own an ihop with the amount of waffling you do nutella:haha:

Enlighten me please
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am
timmer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am

But that still doesn’t discount that it’d be more logical to just lynch pout if I was scum. In any case, lynching pout would always be the pro scum option
This. How do you know lynching pout would be the "pro scum" option? If both jack and pout are bad, it would be better for town to lynch pout since presumably she'd die, while jack would survive which is better for scum. You just revealed that you know pout is town.

Also, in general your answer just seems too prepared.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Plus, since sprityo was already under a lot of pressure, he knew he would continue to look bad if he stayed on pout so he decided to bus jack at a time that would make him look good. He was kind of caught between a rock and a hard place there but he took the gamble on what was more likely to look really good for him because he was already in danger of being the next lynch. His explanations seem far too prepared-- that's what bussing is for, so that he has this argument to make.

This all makes a lot of sense to me, the main thing holding me back is his tone throughout day 5 read really genuine to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”