Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Flyin' High »

Ah, thanks Mongoose. I didn't even see your post. I did a word search for "power" on the first page and realized my mistake. Thanks for explaning the Media role--very helpful since I was on hiatus during the American Gods game.
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Dom wrote:FH, I don't know what to make of your data, but I noticed that you forgot to include Zodac as an independent/neutral in the MOTU row. :)

LINKI: FH, I believe people are referring to the role "Media".
Ah, thanks Dom. I figured getting it perfect on the first go was a pipe dream. :derp:

Updated:
GameCivvieMafia 1Mafia 2Indy/Neutral
American Gods1----1
Avant-Garde 211----
Bioshock----11
Classic Super Mario Bros.----1--
Grimm's Fairy Tales11----
Homestar Runner2------
MacGuyver2------
Masters of the Universe--1--1
Minecraft1--1--
Rolling Stones1------
Sgt. Pepper's2------
Sherlock11----
Super Meat Boy1--1--
The Shining1----1
Thomas the Tank Engine2------
Twin Peaks--1--1
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Dom wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I'm fairly confident that he doesn't even have such a tool and is just generating cover for future assertions and theories.
Even the task of scraping N different forums for data is a fairly complex one that one wouldn't just *do*.
That's why I asked for code and a list of libraries.

Challenge: if you have already scraped all that data into a db or files of some kind, it would be *trivial* for you to answer this question:
What are the top 20 words I've used in all threads on both boards I have played on under this name with length greater than 6?
Wouldn't his libraries just be the sites that mafia is played on? I have no idea about this field so I'm guessing not, but it seems like the simple answer. I'd also like to know how he means to use The Piano as a source when it was shut down months ago and doesn't exist any more.
I scanned the website before it went down.
You "scanned" it?
What exactly does that mean?
You mean you downloaded the entirety of the ThePiano Board? If so, please tell LC. He was very sad to see TP go. He would probably like to have that data.
Too bad you're lying :p
You're also talking about games that some of us played 4-6 years ago. My first game was 4 years ago. I was 15 years old. Do you really think that I am the same person as I was 4 years ago?
I see many flaws, and I see many inaccuracies. As a math major, I don't see how this could be considered reliable. I also don't really believe you on it because I doubt you have the entirety of the piano saved to your hard drive, plus RM, plus Prog, plus LP (that would be a doozy), plus TS, etc.
INH, what is your motivator here?
insertnamehere wrote:
Nevinera wrote:Don't you see? It's a *proprietary trade secret*. If he revealed his code, well then *anybody* would be able to tell who's bad.

That would be tragic for the civ team of course. Clearly he's being civic-minded.
No, then the baddies could remake it, find out what their tells are, and avoid those words or phrases, making the Program irrelevant.
Isn't the program already irrelevant if you told us about it at all? What if some people get nervous and screw up their civvie posting style? What if some people get nervous on the baddies, and they don't post normally either?
If this program really exists, have fun with it.

Hedge, do you think spreading the votes is a long term strategy for the civvies to win the game?
This is exactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it. If INH is lying, what would be the purpose? This whole thing is fucknutty (haha Rey!)... INH any chance you could show us a screencap of an old Piano game. A game that we pick?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

FH, what are we supposed to be analyzing in the data you took the time to provide for us? I appreciate your effort I just don't know what point we are trying to prove or not prove or just contemplate. I know someone asked you to do this but I don't remember who otherwise I would pull their posts. Maybe you remember?

Lizzy, I really don't understand you wanting to follow Inh's vote. What did you think of the information Nevinera provided - and I think Dom provided some too - regarding why a program such as Inh is describing is highly unlikely?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote: Lizzy, I really don't understand you wanting to follow Inh's vote. What did you think of the information Nevinera provided - and I think Dom provided some too - regarding why a program such as Inh is describing is highly unlikely?
It makes me feel very squirrely about them. Lizzy's smart though and doesn't defend her teammates too easily. I have no idea why she'd want to blindly follow that vote.

If we think "Sherlock" could be Media, should we come up with a nickname for him to avoid powering up any Mr. Popularity mechanics? If that is indeed him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

As I've said a billion times, there were no civvies or mafia in the Shining game. It was every man for himself. So it is misleading to list Jack Torrence as a civvie role, especially since he had the ability to become a night killer under the right circumstances.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote: Lizzy, I really don't understand you wanting to follow Inh's vote. What did you think of the information Nevinera provided - and I think Dom provided some too - regarding why a program such as Inh is describing is highly unlikely?
It makes me feel very squirrely about them. Lizzy's smart though and doesn't defend her teammates too easily. I have no idea why she'd want to blindly follow that vote.

If we think "Sherlock" could be Media, should we come up with a nickname for him to avoid powering up any Mr. Popularity mechanics? If that is indeed him.
But on the other hand MP could just say that the nickname still refers to him and therefore counts, right?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:

So what you're saying is we should insert a name here?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:As I've said a billion times, there were no civvies or mafia in the Shining game. It was every man for himself. So it is misleading to list Jack Torrence as a civvie role, especially since he had the ability to become a night killer under the right circumstances.
I liked how there were very distinct mafia and civvy roles in The Shining game.

@ Bullz - That's a good point.

@ Host - What counts for any Mr. Popular roles? Do abbreviations, permutations, and derivatives count toward the tally? What about any codenames/placeholders that we would come up with in a direct attempt to subterfuge that role's power?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: I liked how there were very distinct mafia and civvy roles in The Shining game.
:wall:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

juliets wrote:FH, what are we supposed to be analyzing in the data you took the time to provide for us? I appreciate your effort I just don't know what point we are trying to prove or not prove or just contemplate. I know someone asked you to do this but I don't remember who otherwise I would pull their posts. Maybe you remember?
I wasn't trying to prove or disprove anything (and I wouldn't really call those tables an analysis, more just an information summary). Blindfaeth asked me if I could do an analysis of the roles and how many came from each game to see if maybe there was a pattern/something to be learned about the Day 0 poll and potential for rewards. But he asked about it before the poll ended and I didn't get around to it until today. I figured since he asked I'd make an effort to produce something and I thought a couple of tables consolidating the role data from each game could be interesting. :shrug: I think if we hadn't gotten a clear explanation from MP about the poll result then we could speculate on whether players with certain roles benefitted from the Day 0 poll, but since Bioshock won the poll and we're having a Bioshock themed-day, I don't see much point in speculating on the poll further.
Nevinera wrote:I doubt there is a single person playing who has played more than 50 games of online mafia.
Random aside, but I have actually played nearly 100 games (that is across 5 forums over 4 years).
ImageImage

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote: @ Host - What counts for any Mr. Popular roles? Do abbreviations, permutations, and derivatives count toward the tally? What about any codenames/placeholders that we would come up with in a direct attempt to subterfuge that role's power?
If that's ture in regards to the Media's role mechanics, then what's the point of the secrets? Butt if it is... I have a brilliant idea. :mafia:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: I liked how there were very distinct mafia and civvy roles in The Shining game.
:wall:
:haha: :haha: :haha:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote: You "scanned" it?

I have been working on this for about a year. The Piano was the first website I scanned. I scanned it before it went down. I saved the comments of only certain people that were on The Syndicate, assuming they would be playing in this game. I only have copies of the comments of certain people in certain games of mafia.

Isn't the program already irrelevant if you told us about it at all? What if some people get nervous and screw up their civvie posting style? What if some people get nervous on the baddies, and they don't post normally either?

The reason I told everyone is because one person with a list in this game is completely useless. What was I supposed to do? Vote for the person at the top of the list without revealing why? Nobody else would vote for him, and he'd still be in the game. Once again, I am looking for subconscious tells.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Nevinera wrote:
reywaS wrote:Talk about entertaining. I thought the other game was funny, but this one is down right fucknutty. What is this, Person of Interest mafia? lol

My only ping so far was Nev's post giving advice to the baddies. That seemed weird, but Nev has posted many times and that's the only thing that struck me as weird.
My advice to the baddies was both good advice *and* good for the civs if the baddies follow it.

The thing is, Bob and the baddies are going to be at odds very quickly, and I'd much prefer that they realize that
each other are their first threats and leave off picking on civs for a while. Otherwise, the baddies will work against the civs
for the first 5-6 days and then Bob will have critical mass and beat them all using the inside information he will by then have acquired against them,
much like I used my knowledge via Epig against his team in bioshock.

This game, unless we are very lucky, will be about Bob.
If a role from a game you hosted wins, does that mean you win too?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:

I have been working on this for about a year. The Piano was the first website I scanned. I scanned it before it went down. I saved the comments of only certain people that were on The Syndicate, assuming they would be playing in this game. I only have copies of the comments of certain people in certain games of mafia.

The reason I told everyone is because one person with a list in this game is completely useless. What was I supposed to do? Vote for the person at the top of the list without revealing why? Nobody else would vote for him, and he'd still be in the game. Once again, I am looking for subconscious tells.
I guess you missed my question, so I'll ask again. Would you kindly show us a screen cap of a scanned post from a game on the piano?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

By all means lets continue to waste time focus and attention on this farce of farces.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:I doubt there is a single person playing who has played more than 50 games of online mafia.
Random aside, but I have actually played nearly 100 games (that is across 5 forums over 4 years).[/quote]

I have most certainly played 50, and a shit ton of the other players here have played more than I.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:

So you made this software purely for the sake of this game, and started a year ago? Seems like a lot of time for something that will get on average 6 weeks use (assuming you're alive at the end). Also in my experience 'subconscious tells' tend to be physical things like someone twitching, touching something, itching body parts, eye movements, voice changes. None of this is conveyed through text. Do you have a source for the idea that subconscious actions can be picked up on over the internet? Normally people are very conscious of what they type. Typing is something you have to make a conscious choice to do. It can be influenced or inhibited if you're carrying out another language-based task at the same time but I don't think you're looking for people accidentally writing song lyrics or their shopping lists.

I agree in principle that there are behaviours that people show more when bad than good or vice versa, but these tend to be things that other players pick up on if they know them well.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote:Mongoose, do you think that role can be trusted?
MP has to adapt these roles a lot to create a balanced game. I'm not Media, that much I can tell you. But on terms of Media's role, we already know that the role was changed from Baddie to Indie. Who's to say that the new win conditions don't interfere with the civvie victory, or the baddie victory? The real threat in the indie category is that pesky bastard BOB.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:
Mongoose wrote: @ Host - What counts for any Mr. Popular roles? Do abbreviations, permutations, and derivatives count toward the tally? What about any codenames/placeholders that we would come up with in a direct attempt to subterfuge that role's power?
If that's ture in regards to the Media's role mechanics, then what's the point of the secrets? Butt if it is... I have a brilliant idea. :mafia:
Well, yeah, it's not going to be that easy. Sockface would have made it different enough than the original game, added in his own secrets, and then made the powers more typical of an indie role than of a baddie role. I don't think we can extrapolate much more now, especially so early in the game.

Lizzybean: Care to elaborate on your brilliant idea?

LInki w/ DH - Are you referring to the business with the Media Role or the program claim by Sherlock or both?

linki others
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Kate wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

I guess you missed my question, so I'll ask again. Would you kindly show us a screen cap of a scanned post from a game on the piano?
I'll try to when I get home, I'm posting from work right now, the Program is on my desktop.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Well, yeah, it's not going to be that easy. Sockface would have made it different enough than the original game, added in his own secrets, and then made the powers more typical of an indie role than of a baddie role. I don't think we can extrapolate much more now, especially so early in the game.

LInki w/ DH - Are you referring to the business with the Media Role or the program claim by Sherlock or both?

linki others
The program crap.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote: Well, yeah, it's not going to be that easy. Sockface would have made it different enough than the original game, added in his own secrets, and then made the powers more typical of an indie role than of a baddie role. I don't think we can extrapolate much more now, especially so early in the game.

If the current Media role secrets are close to these
1-5 mentions: role block
6-11 mentions: can't be NK'd
12-18 mentions: role scan
19-24 mentions: Night Kill
25+ mentions: Nuclear Power: Kills Everyone that Voted for Media

... then I was thinking of doing something that would make me go out with a huge bang at the end of the first day. I just wonder if that's enough to match the 'Lizzy list' though. :mafia:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

So you made this software purely for the sake of this game, and started a year ago? Seems like a lot of time for something that will get on average 6 weeks use (assuming you're alive at the end). Also in my experience 'subconscious tells' tend to be physical things like someone twitching, touching something, itching body parts, eye movements, voice changes. None of this is conveyed through text. Do you have a source for the idea that subconscious actions can be picked up on over the internet? Normally people are very conscious of what they type. Typing is something you have to make a conscious choice to do. It can be influenced or inhibited if you're carrying out another language-based task at the same time but I don't think you're looking for people accidentally writing song lyrics or their shopping lists.

I agree in principle that there are behaviours that people show more when bad than good or vice versa, but these tend to be things that other players pick up on if they know them well.
This is supposed to be the big game on this site for this year, why not try it out here? There are such a thing as subconscious tells in writing, especially in games like this. There was a difference between the most used words by someone when they were good, and when they were bad, so I think I'm right on this one.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

@ lizzy - Don't kamikaze if you're good though. I already saw Dil Se once, I don't need it recreated in-thread.

What were you planning anyway? Mentioning everyone's names a lot or something to ensure Mr. Popularity gets amped up? I hope not.

@ Dh - Thanks.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

This is supposed to be the big game on this site for this year, why not try it out here? There are such a thing as subconscious tells in writing, especially in games like this. There was a difference between the most used words by someone when they were good, and when they were bad, so I think I'm right on this one.
Prove it. Show us this difference, pick a player and blow our minds.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Why would I tell you guys the tells for a certain player in this game, that player could then avoid those words or phrases, and then his data will be inaccurate.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Why would I tell you guys the tells for a certain player in this game, that player could then avoid those words or phrases, and then his data will be inaccurate.
Why wouldn't you want to show that your system works?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I want to, but I want to do it without giving information to possible baddies in the thread, so they can break it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Epignosis wrote:Listen, this is my Day 1 proposal:

We all choose someone to vote for who seems bad, and then we vote for that person. Can we manage that much?
Oh you. Coming out with a statement that is at once both eminently reasonable and completely worthless.

If INH's program is an actual thing, I'm going to agree with everyone who's already said he should be working for Google and not wasting his time on a mafia message board :P But seriously, without any teaser results from the thing, it's hard to make any calls about it. If nothing else, the idea fulfilled its purpose of sparking oodles of discussion, most of it thrown his way. I'm very skeptical about its reality, but I like the spunk and want to see where this goes over the next few days.
juliets wrote:FH, what are we supposed to be analyzing in the data you took the time to provide for us? I appreciate your effort I just don't know what point we are trying to prove or not prove or just contemplate. I know someone asked you to do this but I don't remember who otherwise I would pull their posts. Maybe you remember?
The pattern digging is admirable; I guess it would be reasonable that "revisiting" games with more civs would lead to more civ-favoring scenarios. But the spread seems to be fairly even overall, and I'm not sure how useful this will be.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have an idea. But we all need a few things first before it takes full effect. If you don't mind, I'd like everyone to stop what they're doing right now and find a big stick and a can of paint.

After you've got all that, we need to meet at a farm. At this point I will find a deceased mare or mustang on the farm and we can all paint our own individual circles around said animal. Everybody get in their own circle with their supplies and start beating the dead horse with a stick. Do so while running in your circle. Every now and then, shout something fun like "PROGRAM" or "PROVE IT" or "DharmaHelper has the best ideas".

That way we can all talk ourselves in circles whilst beating a dead horse.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I want to, but I want to do it without giving information to possible baddies in the thread, so they can break it.
So let me get this straight: You spent the best part of a year making a piece of software to analyse the posts of players (whose exact identities couldn't have been predicted) in one game so you'd catch their baddie tells and get a win for the civs, assuming that you yourself would win a game here and get a civ role. An expert in the field says what you're trying simply can't be done on this scale but that hasn't deterred you. Furthermore you can't show us how you made this system, any of the raw data, or its outputs in case baddies 'break it'.

Right.

Linki - That sounds fun DH, I'll see you there. Would you mind paying for my flight over? Students aren't known for our riches.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
So let me get this straight: You spent the best part of a year making a piece of software to analyse the posts of players (whose exact identities couldn't have been predicted) in one game so you'd catch their baddie tells and get a win for the civs, assuming that you yourself would win a game here and get a civ role. An expert in the field says what you're trying simply can't be done on this scale but that hasn't deterred you. Furthermore you can't show us how you made this system, any of the raw data, or its outputs in case baddies 'break it'.
You are oversimplifying, and your viewpoint has more then a little bit of a negative bias.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anybody feel like, I dunno, moving on?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:Anybody feel like, I dunno, moving on?
What else shall we discuss?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote:
For a start, anything else.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
For a start, anything else.
So...uh...Aaron Paul was robbed at the Golden Globes last night, right?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What would you like to talk about, DH?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
I was slightly pinged by JC's inquiry into FH's data. It's not as though it was a surprise that FH was going to post that data, nor does it really have any effect or repercussions. It's just something nice to have for the minute. Yet JC seemed overtly curious about it.

The easiest comparison I could make at the time was LT's reaction to my big mondo post in AG mafia. She was bad. Also, Dom responded similarly and I think he was bad in AG as well.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I was slightly pinged by JC's inquiry into FH's data. It's not as though it was a surprise that FH was going to post that data, nor does it really have any effect or repercussions. It's just something nice to have for the minute. Yet JC seemed overtly curious about it.

The easiest comparison I could make at the time was LT's reaction to my big mondo post in AG mafia. She was bad. Also, Dom responded similarly and I think he was bad in AG as well.
question
Does AG mean American Gods or Avant Garde?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

question
I assumed it meant agriculture.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Hmm, that's interesting. I read it more as "You gave us all this data, what is your analysis/interpretation of it?"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Hmm, that's interesting. I read it more as "You gave us all this data, what is your analysis/interpretation of it?"
Yeah mongoose, that is what I was saying. I was willing to do some analysis but I wasn't sure what we were analyzing.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Yeah mongoose, that is what I was saying. I was willing to do some analysis but I wasn't sure what we were analyzing.
Makes sense to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

question
Avante Garde.

@JC/Mongoose - Fair play, it was a small ping anyway. I'm just nervous and cognizant of that sort of thing after Avant I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote: Does AG mean American Gods or Avant Garde?

I assumed it meant agriculture.

No, you didn't.

Well crap on a cracker, I forgot we had to AG-titled games. If I referenced an AG game, it was American Gods. I'll be careful not to abbreviate in the futuee.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

In regards to Bob, I'm not sure if it's wise to try the same strategy with him again. Granted, spreading the votes out some certainly led to preventing minions from carrying out kills. But I'm not sure the same tactics would be worth trying again. If anyone has a good reason to try again though, feel free to point it out or disagree with me.

As for INH, I've said about all I can say until he gives us an example. Outside of that, I don't think it's worthwhile to keep talking in circles about it.
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

With most people, I would disagree with you on this. But to me, JC is a clever enough player that I could see her trying to pass an overtly curious question as something innocent and genuine.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:The thing is, the program doesn't just cover the Syndicate. It also covers RM, the Piano, LP, Hedville, and ProgArchives. There is a surprisingly large sample size for a lot of people.
I'm always bad on ProgArchives. :feb:

:rolleyes:
Mongoose wrote:If we think "Sherlock" could be Media, should we come up with a nickname for him to avoid powering up any Mr. Popularity mechanics? If that is indeed him.
I hear "Princess Twerk" is up for adoption. Image
Nevinera wrote:You guys noticed bob is on the role list, right? Is anyone else surprised by that? I'm wondering how in the world he could lose, and also how baddie teams will behave knowing that it is almost a certainty that Bob will take one of their members sooner or later.

You guys can't trust your btsc teammates, and that's bound to make you less effective.. we should keep an eye out for the infighting that event will spawn, and for people that are suddenly granted correct 'suspicions'. Oh, and you baddies should keep this in mind - if your teammate is 'distancing ' himself, it might not be for the good of the team. :-)
Nevinera wrote:My advice to the baddies was both good advice *and* good for the civs if the baddies follow it.

The thing is, Bob and the baddies are going to be at odds very quickly, and I'd much prefer that they realize that
each other are their first threats and leave off picking on civs for a while. Otherwise, the baddies will work against the civs
for the first 5-6 days and then Bob will have critical mass and beat them all using the inside information he will by then have acquired against them,
much like I used my knowledge via Epig against his team in bioshock.

This game, unless we are very lucky, will be about Bob.
You may be an expert in data analysis, but you are certainly no expert on Bob. ;)
MovingPictures07 wrote:Bob[Twin Peaks] - Wow, Bob, Wow. On even nights, can possess someone. That person will join his team and they gain BTSC. Bob himself cannot kill, but his minions can, unless they are under suspicion. Bob's minions collectively can NK someone every night, unless they receive at least one vote. To win, Bob and his minions need to outnumber everyone else. Minions can still use their NP, and even have BTSC. If Bob is killed, only his minions remain.
If I were Bob, and I nabbed an evildoer who had a team, I wouldn't want to kill their team. I would want to assimilate them, starting with the killers. Bob doesn't need the evil teams dead to win- he needs to outnumber them and everyone else.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I was not surprised by JCs reaction. It is my experience of JC that she has a similar old school viewpoint of FHs game to the one I have had. Bad FH talks about analysis, civ FH does it. I think though that FH has modified that a bit becasue i know if was frustrating for her to be called out if her game was not as strong as it can be, and she switched up her game a bit.

So at this point, that seems like a typical thing for JC to think.

Linki~ maybe we should ALL call each other by our avatars? Or would that be too complex? i don't know if MP changed it, but for original Media, quotes did NOT count, so quoting that person but not saying their name would not benefit them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”