Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

Would love to be atmentioned with cases and questions though.
When we had played in the past, I recall you as having a certain slightly mean edge to you when you were bad. I reread you (you have not said much) and am not seeing it at all here. You could have changed, I guess, but I think it looks like you are taking joke votes.
I’m sometimes a little mean to get what I want, usually when I’m town and utterly convinced I’m right or when I’m scum. You’re not going to see that D1 regardless and when I’m scum, you’ll see it more in late game.

Mac’s not joking. He’s doing that thing where he goes after someone hard early on but doesn’t put forth a convincing case. He often does this to actual mafia members and tends to not actually get a lynch. I’m not sure if the later thing is intentional. Not sure why Nutella is voting me but whatever.
Thanks for this, but in the game I am thinking of (maybe the crossover game we played?) I recall thinking you were bad your very first post. Maybe it was luck, lol.
You should have tried to lynch me. :keys:

I should write a paper about obvious scum not getting lynched because they keep lynching slightly more obvious scum. That was me all through the ME crossover and also DH through the end of HP.

Like we are predisposed to ignore anything that comes out of outted scum’s or your top suspect’s mouth and this benefits scum in games with multiple scum factions.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm No, everyone should NOT be doing the same thing. Everyone else should be doing what works for them :disappoint:
You're right. What I was referring to there was "emphasizing the points that seem pertinent and useful." I don't think that's limited to any particular playstyle.

My point is just that, if I seem "flaily", to use your words, or like I'm desperate to push an angle, in timmer's view (an accusation I regularly face as a civilian), it's simply because I have no self-control right now and am posting everything that comes into my head. I am dog pee MP today. Forgive me.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

So Sloonei, I just feel like you aren't sticking to your thoughts, and swerving as the mood of the thread changes.

Yes, you have mentioned suspicions of players like luna, and sig. None of your votes or posts have come out of the blue.

But after Wilgy was mentioned you were like "yeah, if I had to vote a low poster I could vote Wilgy"

but then sig happened and you were all hey, sig is suspicious.

But then enrique self-voted and you started feeling out how people who react to an enrique vote.

But then you mentioned quite clearly that even in the face of sig getting lislynched a lot, you were on him.

but then you voted Epig.

And then you just dropped sig because people weren't following you and tried to start colin back up.

and then you voted LUNA.

Like dude, you are all over the place. And why aren't you sticking to your guns? If Sig is your #1, why not leave your vote there?

Why does it seem like you NEED to be on the lynch? Your posts today are leaving me dizzy.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I really do need to get out of here though, and I don't have time to continue responding to criticism. My one request is that I am not lynched on Day 1 of this game. I'm clearly invested, regardless of how you read me, and I'm not going to go away. I am voting for luna at the moment. I encourage discussion of her. Sig remains a suspect to me, but very few people seem on board with that. Colin has not made himself into a town read. DrWilgy would be my lazy default low-poster choice.

Another thing that has struck me is that sprityo is playing in this game. Was anybody aware of that? I wouldn't mind giving him some attention, if anyone feels like it.
And, of course, every other name deserves to be on the table as well. Keep doing things, as long as "things" don't include lynching Sloonei right now. At least save it for a time when I can be around respond to things.

UGH FINE, MR LINKI, I'll respond to you but that's it, I swear!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm So Sloonei, I just feel like you aren't sticking to your thoughts, and swerving as the mood of the thread changes.

Yes, you have mentioned suspicions of players like luna, and sig. None of your votes or posts have come out of the blue.

But after Wilgy was mentioned you were like "yeah, if I had to vote a low poster I could vote Wilgy"

but then sig happened and you were all hey, sig is suspicious.

But then enrique self-voted and you started feeling out how people who react to an enrique vote.

But then you mentioned quite clearly that even in the face of sig getting lislynched a lot, you were on him.

but then you voted Epig.

And then you just dropped sig because people weren't following you and tried to start colin back up.

and then you voted LUNA.

Like dude, you are all over the place. And why aren't you sticking to your guns? If Sig is your #1, why not leave your vote there?

Why does it seem like you NEED to be on the lynch? Your posts today are leaving me dizzy.
wow - I hadn't realized how much changing there was. I wish I could remember if this is typical of early-in-the-game civ Sloonei.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm So Sloonei, I just feel like you aren't sticking to your thoughts, and swerving as the mood of the thread changes.
Yes. That's generally how it goes for me. I'm feeling the game out right now. I don't have a definitive read on anything. I have suspicions and inclinations, and I'm trying to develop them. That means I'm going to move around a bunch. It always happens.

I had talked about wilgy's role in the game before he was mentioned by somebody else (juliets, i think)
but then sig happened and you were all hey, sig is suspicious
... Yes. Sig became a suspect as a direct result of a conversation between him and myself. That's just how I play the game and I'm not sure what's wrong with that.
I posted a single emoji and half-heartedly responded to Mac's dream vision post. I don't have a read on Enrique. I'm open to suspecting him. Are you?
I don't care about what has happened to sig in previous games. I care about what sig is doing in this game. For what it's worth, I am not usually guilty of mislynching sig.
but then you voted Epig.
No I didn't.
Yeah. I'm trying to figure out who the best lynch option is for the town. If other people don't want to lynch sig, I'm willing to put him on the back burner and explore other options. I don't know why this is a problem.
and then you voted LUNA.
Yes I did. I had been on luna prior to sig. This is a return to a previous suspect. I've talked about her plenty. The basis of the sig case is that I had initially suspected luna. What do you think of her?

I'm all over the place because it's Day 1 and nothing is certain or clear or settled on Day 1. Sig has been my #1 but that doesn't mean he needs to be my only suspect or that I need to focus everything on him. There are other lynch options. I'm open to anything. This is how I play. I'm not married to anything on Day 1, and the entire phase is more about figuring things out than being right. I don't have answers, only suggestions.

I don't know what you mean when you ask why I need to be on the lynch. I want to work toward a discussion which will yield the best possible lynch result today. I apologize for making you dizzy. If it helps, I'm dizzy too. That's... kind of the point.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just loud. I appreciate your skepticism and do not fault you for feeling these ways. But, please, trust that this is just my process. I respond to complaints like this fairly often when I'm a civilian. My style is hectic and all over the place by design. I try to generate as much content as I can, and that means tossing around tons of ideas, considering as many possible angles on players, and never ruling out any possibility. I suspect sig. I do not know that sig is bad. I town read Epi. I do not know that Epi is town. Day 1 is about establishing a foundation from which to work later on for me. I try to sort through the confusion as early as I can so that things are more clear later on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

What's news?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm DrWilgy would be my lazy default low-poster choice.
Time for me to go and vote. I guess i'll go with the lazy default low-poster choice.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I thought I saw an epig vote mixed in there, maybe I misread?

I guess what I'm stuck on is... why not leave your vote on sig, who you seem pretty strong on, relative to it being day 1, WHILE you talk up other candidates?
Don't you weaken your own ideas by removing your vote from your #1 guy? You and me both know that a number of people will show up in the last few hours and vote with little thought, and they will do so using the current votes as a sort of weaksauce guide.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm going to reread Luna, I haven't given her posts their due, yet.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm wow - I hadn't realized how much changing there was. I wish I could remember if this is typical of early-in-the-game civ Sloonei.
It is. Here's a random sampling of some recent civilian games on here. I don't know what exactly is in these links, but i'll post them just so y'all can compare if you want:

Hogwarts
Mega Man
Fiddler on the Roof
Mountains

I haven't been as active in the last year as I thought, and I actually drew a couple scum cards this year.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm I thought I saw an epig vote mixed in there, maybe I misread?

I guess what I'm stuck on is... why not leave your vote on sig, who you seem pretty strong on, relative to it being day 1, WHILE you talk up other candidates?
Don't you weaken your own ideas by removing your vote from your #1 guy? You and me both know that a number of people will show up in the last few hours and vote with little thought, and they will do so using the current votes as a sort of weaksauce guide.
For Sloonei, this is a waste of town's greatest asset. Their vote. Sloonei throwing his vote around with varying degrees of seriousness is not something I think is scum indicative for him.

I'm not caught up but this has been "Quin sticks his nose where it doesn't belong and make a fool of himself doing so". Tune in next time.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm I thought I saw an epig vote mixed in there, maybe I misread?

I joked about voting for epi because he said I smell. :pout:

And I'm usually just loose with my vote. I move it around based on where I want the conversation to go. I've been yelling about sig for a while and it's become clear that a number of people, whose opinions I trust and appreciate, don't feel the same way that I do. In light of that, I think it's more productive to turn my attention elsewhere. My stance on sig is out there if anyone wants to pick it back up (and he promised to return later, so I'm sure it will). But in the meantime, I'd rather focus on developing other reads.

I'm leaving now, for real this time. If I had spent 1/4 of the time I've been in here on my paper today I'd be done with schoolwork for the semester.

linki: thank you quin. listen to quin. he knows my deal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not thinking about changing my vote to you Sloonei and thanks for the games to look at. You'd think I'd remember Hogwarts for God's sake.

Now don't come back in here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I joked about voting for epi because he said I smell. :pout:

And I'm usually just loose with my vote. I move it around based on where I want the conversation to go. I've been yelling about sig for a while and it's become clear that a number of people, whose opinions I trust and appreciate, don't feel the same way that I do. In light of that, I think it's more productive to turn my attention elsewhere. My stance on sig is out there if anyone wants to pick it back up (and he promised to return later, so I'm sure it will). But in the meantime, I'd rather focus on developing other reads.

I'm leaving now, for real this time. If I had spent 1/4 of the time I've been in here on my paper today I'd be done with schoolwork for the semester.

linki: thank you quin. listen to quin. he knows my deal.
STOP BUDDYING ME
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I appreciate the posting, I'm terrible at remembering how people play, so I'll take this and Quin's endorsement and mull things over.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i went to read back and noticed everyone was hankering for a sig lynch and let me tell you if you do it then i'm quitting mafia forever

i mean if there's more than the use of 'bloodthirsty' when describing SVS as the case against him then be my guest but what i've read makes me want to throw up
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sorry the quitting thing was a joke i just remembered people got in trouble for saying that in hogwarts lol yikes
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei boi is town, he had a real life excuse for not being active yet he has a buttload of posts
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm sorry the quitting thing was a joke i just remembered people got in trouble for saying that in hogwarts lol yikes
:grin:
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i forgot why i'm voting for timmer so its probably something stupid

someone sell me on a smart vote. do the work for me.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

actually no i want to vote for [VOTE: g-man] aubergine because ddl said super rad things about him
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:40 pm

For Sloonei, this is a waste of town's greatest asset. Their vote. Sloonei throwing his vote around with varying degrees of seriousness is not something I think is scum indicative for him.

I'm not caught up but this has been "Quin sticks his nose where it doesn't belong and make a fool of himself doing so". Tune in next time.
Good look for Quin.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm i went to read back and noticed everyone was hankering for a sig lynch and let me tell you if you do it then i'm quitting mafia forever

i mean if there's more than the use of 'bloodthirsty' when describing SVS as the case against him then be my guest but what i've read makes me want to throw up
Make it 2
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 am I didn’t say what I voted for but it was the Become More, sorry.

I like Epi’s post re: DDL’s role speculation.
This was the main ping. Up to this point he had asked a mechanics question and said he voted for the N0 poll randomly. His first engagement with the actual game was to say he liked Epi's post on DDL, with no elaboration or follow up. Since I was going to be out of pocket all day, I figured I would rather have my vote out there and doing something than locked up tight and useless, so I voted. I didn't want to say my reason, because it gives him an easy out if he's mafia to make the suspicion go away. I wanted to see a response not based on my suspicion, and sure enough I got it. Not giving a reason also sort of forces people who jump on the wagon to supply their own reasoning, rather than just saying "yep I agree." D1 I think that's particularly valuable.
like!!!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:05 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm i went to read back and noticed everyone was hankering for a sig lynch and let me tell you if you do it then i'm quitting mafia forever

Make it 2
stop budding it wont work...

ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

oopsie
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Read over, Luna, her posts are aggressive(!) lol, but I'm not reading baddie. I'm heading home from work now so ironically I'll be posting less for the rest of the day.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
My question is for Epignosis, is the first quote suss?
No.

Double-standards, and what not, but I don't care.

Women write differently than men.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

Would love to be atmentioned with cases and questions though.
Didn't know you had a kid.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by wolbre04 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:10 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:05 pm My laptop has had an unfortunate incident so I'm phone posting atm.

I've not seen anything that interesting from the skimming I've done, but Bren is playing so imma vote there since he's probably mafia.
I kind of forgot about wolbre, but he was one of the players I was most excited about pre-game. He’s been absent for a bit. @wolbre04 come in here and say some stuff. Unless you’re driving.
Long day of prepping for exam week at uni, will read up a bit and post shortly. For the next week or so ill only be on in late evenings pretty much
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Keeping my vote with drwilgy for now as of yet haven't seen much of a case not to other than someone saying he has done that before in other games. Unless he has some kind of personal stuff going on I don't see why he would vote no explanation and then just leave for the whole day phase.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 amI have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin
No.

Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:07 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Make it 2
stop budding it wont work...

Also he is handsome and smells nice.

(For real though thoae points are true regardless of Sloonei's and sig's alignment)
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Who should I vote for, G-Man or Colin? I’ll vote for whichever one the first person to quote this post tells me to vote for.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Hi everyone! I'm alive (sort of), sorry for not being involved in this game yet. I am going do all the reading and my plan is to check back in and vote before midnight. Just wanted to let you all know that I exist!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hmmm...sloonei I think said "take a look at sprityo" and I just did. This is his only post of any consequence:
sprityo wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 am Coming from experience, i think sloonei looks town. I drilled a hole into him for his weird wording and actions in megaman, and we were both town. :shrug: I'm more interested in the fact DDL still isnt the main topic of discussion with 3 votes on him
(he corrected DDL to Colin in his next post)

I don't disagree with his post but it's the only thing he's said that's relevant on day 1 (day 0 he gave us the definition of verisimilitude) and he only has 6 posts in all. This makes me nervous, it makes me think of a Day 1 lay-low baddie. I don't think it's enough to change my vote though. [mention]sprityo[/mention] if you come online could you give us some game related thoughts? Who are you going to vote for and why?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Ok cowboys just lucked out to win in OT so now I can refocus on this for EOD (as soon as I stop running around and yelling)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm Who should I vote for, G-Man or Colin? I’ll vote for whichever one the first person to quote this post tells me to vote for.
colin
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i'm done with my paper, y'all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:56 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:32 pm Who should I vote for, G-Man or Colin? I’ll vote for whichever one the first person to quote this post tells me to vote for.
colin
[VOTE: colin] aubergine
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I got rid of some names bc they haven't really done anything recently

ColinIsCool - I cant decide here
colonialbob - I think your interaction with dharma after he mentioned you & sloonei looked good, I like that you voted at least as well rather than do nothing as you said
Dana - ?
DharmaHelper - said will vote cbob or sloonei, don't really see anything overly bad about cbob especially so :(
DrWilgy - The whole vote -> say nothing -> be eternally gone is really REALLY ugly to me but it's so ridiculous that you can't be mafia, if anyone thinks he would do this kinda thing regardless pls tell me
Enrique - No opinion really/self voted
Epignosis - same epi behavior I've played with
G-Man - Apparently an awkward baddie per S~V~S, made a nice big post so I don't feel like someone who is awkward at mafia would want to garner a lot of attention early
insertnamehere - said hes fine with a gman or colin vote, (maybe a bit scummy idk)
Jackofhearts2005 - in ass class and the game with Athens and sparta people let me slide by for awhile bc I made mistakes in stuff like times, etc. You doing that with the AM PM thing makes me feel funny
juliets - I can't read you bc you're way too nice :bighug:
Lunalee - meh I feel like sig and svg and her are probably just town and the mess with 'bloodthirsty' is just making the mafia chuckle
MacDougall - my experience with mac is that as town he's really helpful lategame and when ive played games with him hes really encouraging so I want to keep him
novaselinever - ?
Quin - is still reading up, not really anything to say about him here
S~V~S - liked your interactions with luna, didn't like how you got called "bloodthirsty" when it's day 1 but its sig and he likes to push buttons and be annoying
sig - you always piss me off if youre town or mafia in games lol so neutral read <3, but man you get mislynched a lot and I really don't feel like one word is enough for me to vote you off the island
Sloonei - don't lynch for now, hes posting way too much for mafia imo and he seems like how someone would react if theyre town and pressured
Sorsha - ?
speedchuck - nothing to add
sprityo - ?
timmer - liked your post about colin's methodology and movement with votes
Tranq - seems understandably irritated with the votes on you, do you have a reason for voting drwilgy beyond just "he voted and left" bc while its frustrating idk if I'd say its vote worthy at this point in the game
Turnip Head - cant really ever garner a lot from u early bc u meme around a lot
wolbre04 - Fire Dragon
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

don't really feel like I can comfortably vote for anyone

I guess the wilgy wagon feels kinda funky to me bc its this early in the game and hes prolly just busy or lazy
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 pm
No.

Epi is bad for not checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.
Or Turnip is bad for posing the question without checking the context behind why Luna was using the word valid.

got em
I don't follow pls explain
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:12 pm don't really feel like I can comfortably vote for anyone

I guess the wilgy wagon feels kinda funky to me bc its this early in the game and hes prolly just busy or lazy
Why do you feel like luna/svs/sig are all town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm a little unclear on how people are reading the controversy about sig. To be clear, my case is not simply that he described SVS as "bloodthirsty" when that label arguably should not be applied to her; it's that he tried to parrot a case somebody else had made (me), but got the details of it wrong. It suggests that he was trying to contribute to a bandwagon without actually being invested in its content. That's a bad look.

I do want him to explain how he thinks SVS's behavior qualifies as "bloodthirsty", because that's the most effective way for me to decide whether or not I believe he is being earnest, but it's not simply "he used a word I don't agree with."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wolbre04 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm I got rid of some names bc they haven't really done anything recently

ColinIsCool - I cant decide here
colonialbob - I think your interaction with dharma after he mentioned you & sloonei looked good, I like that you voted at least as well rather than do nothing as you said
Dana - ?
DharmaHelper - said will vote cbob or sloonei, don't really see anything overly bad about cbob especially so :(
DrWilgy - The whole vote -> say nothing -> be eternally gone is really REALLY ugly to me but it's so ridiculous that you can't be mafia, if anyone thinks he would do this kinda thing regardless pls tell me
Enrique - No opinion really/self voted
Epignosis - same epi behavior I've played with
G-Man - Apparently an awkward baddie per S~V~S, made a nice big post so I don't feel like someone who is awkward at mafia would want to garner a lot of attention early
insertnamehere - said hes fine with a gman or colin vote, (maybe a bit scummy idk)
Jackofhearts2005 - in ass class and the game with Athens and sparta people let me slide by for awhile bc I made mistakes in stuff like times, etc. You doing that with the AM PM thing makes me feel funny
juliets - I can't read you bc you're way too nice :bighug:
Lunalee - meh I feel like sig and svg and her are probably just town and the mess with 'bloodthirsty' is just making the mafia chuckle
MacDougall - my experience with mac is that as town he's really helpful lategame and when ive played games with him hes really encouraging so I want to keep him
novaselinever - ?
Quin - is still reading up, not really anything to say about him here
S~V~S - liked your interactions with luna, didn't like how you got called "bloodthirsty" when it's day 1 but its sig and he likes to push buttons and be annoying
sig - you always piss me off if youre town or mafia in games lol so neutral read <3, but man you get mislynched a lot and I really don't feel like one word is enough for me to vote you off the island
Sloonei - don't lynch for now, hes posting way too much for mafia imo and he seems like how someone would react if theyre town and pressured
Sorsha - ?
speedchuck - nothing to add
sprityo - ?
timmer - liked your post about colin's methodology and movement with votes
Tranq - seems understandably irritated with the votes on you, do you have a reason for voting drwilgy beyond just "he voted and left" bc while its frustrating idk if I'd say its vote worthy at this point in the game
Turnip Head - cant really ever garner a lot from u early bc u meme around a lot
wolbre04 - Fire Dragon
did you learn anything new while making this post? also where is the line for which characters got included, since like 10 of these names just have question marks and "idk" type comments
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm not bitter about not being included or anything like that i'm just curious
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
No.

got em
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm
No.

got em
Sloonei and Luna's qualifiers are different. One could argue Sloonei was qualifying his post - "I have a genuine suspicion..." but Luna's use of valid is a reference to her earlier rebuttal where Mac said Day 1 cases are based on nothing and a direct quote using the term valid from SVS. The fact that she repeats the word valid in the same post should make this obvious.

Epi made a blanket statement about how women post which means he didn't check context. If he did he'd have realised the difference between the two. I don't expect this from town.
I don't think Epi needs to have been fully conscious of the full contextual differences to dismiss the suggested similarities between the posts. I don't think it was necessary for him to go back and play detective there.
I also still don't think he believes a word of the case he made against me, so it's a moot point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”