71%

Total votes: 17
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] [mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] Wanna take a look at this post and tell me what you think of its content? Please and thanks.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:02 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm i meant to come on here earlier but smash bros
Did you like my smash bros reference just now?
where
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 am It reminds me of that time when MP and I were literally the only two people in the thread in Search for Quin and he insisted that I must be scum because I was the only person in the game actively pushing any theories. Because I was the only other person bothering to do anything at all. I got lynched because nobody else was playing.

That's essentially what Mac is suggesting right now. It's obnoxious and idiotic and if I get lynched I'm gonna be annoyed and sign up for Colin's heist.
So let's get this straight.

G-Man arbitrarily decides to case a group of people when he is one vote from being lynched.
G-Man decides that juliets is Mafia.
Captain Sloonei chooses G-Man of all people to follow the case of when he is also one vote from being lynched.
Captain Sloonei agrees with G-Man and tries to build a case on juliets.

Can they be town? Sure.

Do they look like teammates. Absolutely.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 am @Dana who are you? where are you from? who do you know, what kind of experience do you have in terms of mafia etc.
I am Dana, nice to meet you! I like cats. I'm from New York but if you mean digitally, I'm from here I guess? I've played a few games here many years ago. I know Enrique and Nutella the best out of the people here, but I wouldn't even say I know them super well in terms of their mafia game. Other names I recognize are DharmaHelper, Epignosis, insertnamehere, Juliets, LoRab, Quin, Sorsha, spirityo, and SVS. I don't have a lot of mafia experience in general, just the few games I've played here, I want to say like 3 or 4? And tons of in-person mafia but that's a different beast.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 am
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm i meant to come on here earlier but smash bros
where
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 81#p501281
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 am It reminds me of that time when MP and I were literally the only two people in the thread in Search for Quin and he insisted that I must be scum because I was the only person in the game actively pushing any theories. Because I was the only other person bothering to do anything at all. I got lynched because nobody else was playing.

That's essentially what Mac is suggesting right now. It's obnoxious and idiotic and if I get lynched I'm gonna be annoyed and sign up for Colin's heist.

G-Man arbitrarily decides to case a group of people when he is one vote from being lynched.
Captain Sloonei chooses G-Man of all people to follow the case of when he is also one vote from being lynched.

Can they be town? Sure.

Sloonei has been trying to look at alternative candidates for a couple of hours.
G-man suggests a player who has floated by without any criticism all game.
Sloonei decides to check that player out. Sloonei agrees with G-man.
Macdougall eats his own poop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] in general do you expect a civ juliets to be more assertive?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 pm Sloo I find it strange that you are off looking at other candidates about an hour before EOD when we have about 18 people with votes on them.
I don't feel strongly about any of these candidates, and clearly there's no consensus anywhere. What's wrong with looking at other options?
Nothing on the surface I suppose but there's just something weird about the scientific way you are going about it all. I am currently doing mental gymnastics trying to build the synapse connections to quantify your alignment to your posts.
... huh? I'm looking at specific ISOs. That's... how people usually do this sort of thing. G-Man mentioned juliets, I realized I'd not given any thought to her this game. I looked, she's got an uninspiring ISO. I voted for her. Nobody has more than 3 votes in the poll and we've got over an hour to go. I'm confused by your confusion. This would hardly even qualify as a CFD. There's plenty of time and no established frontrunners.
At the time G-Man did that you were both on 2 votes. I put it to you that G-Man are working together to prevent each other's lynch on account of being Mafia together.

My argument. None of the other viable wagons are flailing around looking to build cases on the likes of juliets and sig. Both easy targets. You guys are doing it because you feel like you have more to lose than the rest of the candidates do because you are 2 members of the same Mafia team. Boom game set. Get out of my thread.
Why not just got back to Colin or wilgy tho
Decent questions. Most logical answer is they actually have a genuine scum read on juliets more so than they do on Colin or Wilgy. Remember we have mafia who can hunt mafia in this here game and it's always safer for them to be sincere especially in the early game.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

tfw you're not sure if people see your posts
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

... G-Man has switched his vote to me too. Cool.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 pm Sloo I find it strange that you are off looking at other candidates about an hour before EOD when we have about 18 people with votes on them.
I don't feel strongly about any of these candidates, and clearly there's no consensus anywhere. What's wrong with looking at other options?
Can you quickread speedchuck?
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 am

Can they be town? Sure.

Sloonei has been trying to look at alternative candidates for a couple of hours.
You know who else has floated by without any criticism all game.

Heaps of players.

You chose a suspicious player to follow the case of. That's weird enough as it is. Have you documented any thoughts on G-Man during this game so far?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 am ... G-Man has switched his vote to me too. Cool.
:omg:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:09 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:00 am @Dana who are you? where are you from? who do you know, what kind of experience do you have in terms of mafia etc.
I am Dana, nice to meet you! I like cats. I'm from New York but if you mean digitally, I'm from here I guess? I've played a few games here many years ago. I know Enrique and Nutella the best out of the people here, but I wouldn't even say I know them super well in terms of their mafia game. Other names I recognize are DharmaHelper, Epignosis, insertnamehere, Juliets, LoRab, Quin, Sorsha, spirityo, and SVS. I don't have a lot of mafia experience in general, just the few games I've played here, I want to say like 3 or 4? And tons of in-person mafia but that's a different beast.
what are your favorite cat breeds? do you have any cats of your own? this isn't for the game anymore this is just regular questions

what do you think of enrique and nutella so far?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 am @Sloonei in general do you expect a civ juliets to be more assertive?
I guess so. I was hoping people who've got more experience with her than me would weigh in. In a vacuum, her play so far looks extremely weak. I don't recall specifics, but I've seen juliets play plenty of strong town games in the past.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 am @MacDougall @DharmaHelper Wanna take a look at this post and tell me what you think of its content? Please and thanks.
Based on my own experience with juliets and her post/play style in this game I have her at 55% bad.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 am

Can they be town? Sure.

You know who else has floated by without any criticism all game.

Heaps of players.

You chose a suspicious player to follow the case of. That's weird enough as it is. Have you documented any thoughts on G-Man during this game so far?
I ISO'd Jack five minutes earlier because you had mentioned him. Fuck this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 am
where
"game set"?.... is the reference?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 am
Nothing on the surface I suppose but there's just something weird about the scientific way you are going about it all. I am currently doing mental gymnastics trying to build the synapse connections to quantify your alignment to your posts.
... huh? I'm looking at specific ISOs. That's... how people usually do this sort of thing. G-Man mentioned juliets, I realized I'd not given any thought to her this game. I looked, she's got an uninspiring ISO. I voted for her. Nobody has more than 3 votes in the poll and we've got over an hour to go. I'm confused by your confusion. This would hardly even qualify as a CFD. There's plenty of time and no established frontrunners.
At the time G-Man did that you were both on 2 votes. I put it to you that G-Man are working together to prevent each other's lynch on account of being Mafia together.

My argument. None of the other viable wagons are flailing around looking to build cases on the likes of juliets and sig. Both easy targets. You guys are doing it because you feel like you have more to lose than the rest of the candidates do because you are 2 members of the same Mafia team. Boom game set. Get out of my thread.
Decent questions. Most logical answer is they actually have a genuine scum read on juliets more so than they do on Colin or Wilgy. Remember we have mafia who can hunt mafia in this here game and it's always safer for them to be sincere especially in the early game.
Do you think the case on juliets was better than the other two? More well constructed, I mean, not whether you believe it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:06 am @MacDougall @DharmaHelper Wanna take a look at this post and tell me what you think of its content? Please and thanks.
Based on my own experience with juliets and her post/play style in this game I have her at 55% bad.
Is that enough to vote for her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You are posting like an antagonist from Nineteen Eighty Four.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm Voting Sloonei up in here. Get around it.
Sloon is town tho
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 am
no.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 am
where
"game set"?.... is the reference?
Yes :grin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm I don't feel strongly about any of these candidates, and clearly there's no consensus anywhere. What's wrong with looking at other options?

Do you think the case on juliets was better than the other two? More well constructed, I mean, not whether you believe it
Are there cases on the other two?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:58 pm Voting Sloonei up in here. Get around it.
Sloon is town tho
Based on?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:12 am ... G-Man has switched his vote to me too. Cool.

(Look at me I'm Mac)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 am

(Look at me I'm Mac)
... are you accusing me of bussing Sloonei?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer asked for a quick read of speedchuck
speedchuck wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 am I have company today so I won't be around much.

Is there any role playing element to this game? Can I search my location for immunity idols? :P

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
Plops an unexplained vote on DDL. He had previously questioned DDL's methods in speculating about the role alignments, but that's it.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm idk how I feel about Sloondog suspecting Luna for essentially having the same suspicion as him but with less waffling. I think a baddie would at least be cognizant of how hypocritical that looks.
Hypocrisy is a staple of thr civilian playbook :noble:
But self-aware-ness is a staple of the mafia playbook. :mafia:
Indirect suggestion of suspicion against Sloonie.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:22 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:06 pm Btw Voted Sloonei
On the one hand, Sloonei feels pretty scum to me. On the other hand, Mega Man Mafia. *cringe*
Waffles.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm I don't understand how I can be anybody's "strongest town read."
;)
It's okay. Scum never townread the people that suspect them. :nicenod:
Conclusion: Speedchuck has a crush on me. I can't do much with this. He seems to want to scum read me, but he's not actually doing it. I'd like to give him an extended opportunity to flesh that out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 am

You're...

you're fucking with me right
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:16 am
no.
Why not? Who else are you considering?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 am

(Look at me I'm Mac)
No I was channeling you to accuse gman of bussing Sloonei
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 am

You're...

Go ahead and point at the cases.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Please don't make me default to a wilgy vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Remember that time we lynched a guy who posted 200 times on Day 1? lol wild, great game
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 am
no.
I guess I could be persuaded to vote for a nonparticipant since I dunked on one in Hogwarts and that turned out OK, but I'm pretty content w/ my vote all told.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 am
Sloon is town tho
Based on?
He had finals or midterms or whatever, perfect excuse to lay low yet he has 150+ posts on Day 1, do you think he's some kind of masochistic moron?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

40 minutes until lynch time!
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 am

You're...

Go ahead and point at the cases.
Oh god now I have to dig through Sloonei's iso rip me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 am

(Look at me I'm Mac)
No I was channeling you to accuse gman of bussing Sloonei
Oh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 am
no.
I guess I could be persuaded to vote for a nonparticipant since I dunked on one in Hogwarts and that turned out OK, but I'm pretty content w/ my vote all told.
Which nonparticipants intrigue you most?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by wolbre04 »

Sloonei, I am not convinced that you're mafia and It looks like its you and wilgy on the chopping block for now, I'd rather see wilgy go if necessary and I can tie it up if no one else is willing to budge
Not really sure why Sloonei is suddenly gaining mafia credit but whatever

I can kinda see how the juliets deal is really problematic, I think most people dismiss her as an enemy bc shes so nice

wtf
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Love spending the last 5 minutes trying to publish my post :)
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:17 am
Sloon is town tho
Based on?
He had finals or midterms or whatever, perfect excuse to lay low yet he has 150+ posts on Day 1, do you think he's some kind of masochistic moron?
Posting a lot as Mafia on day 1 of a huge game where there are two teams meaning that he can genuinely scum hunt doesn't make him a masochistic moron, it makes him someone trying to win the game as Mafia.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

crapweasel. I just got back from a wedding and thought I had another hour...only to remember that I'm a time zone back from normal. Going to skim quickly posts since last night. And hopefully read enough to figure out some semblance of something.

linkitis: You people keep posting!!!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

TBQH Tranq seemed willfully ignorant with his poll question and then has been kinda blendy since then IDK.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am wtf
Indeed
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am Sloonei, I am not convinced that you're mafia and It looks like its you and wilgy on the chopping block for now, I'd rather see wilgy go if necessary and I can tie it up if no one else is willing to budge
Not really sure why Sloonei is suddenly gaining mafia credit but whatever

I can kinda see how the juliets deal is really problematic, I think most people dismiss her as an enemy bc shes so nice

wtf
Epi's case against me is fake and I am nearly certain he doesn't actually want me to be lynched.
DH is voting for me because he's wrong.
Mac is voting for me because he's an idiot.
G-Man is voting for me because... I don't know. He wants to prove to Mac that he's an idiot, maybe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I would rather vote out Colin than either wilgy or Sloonei
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I just don't think the amount of posting he's done can make me believe hes mafia atm
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”