Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 am Voted Sloonei so I don't miss the vote. Finishing up read. Will post reasons when I'm done.
Pooooo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - Day 1 Lynch

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:02 am
Cosmic Unrest
"Something must be done!"

Cul-Thezn's gurgling and hollow voice annoyed Almanpeus - it always did, but the urgency and near-panic the God of Fungus was displaying was especially irksome. Almanpeus raised a crystalline eyebrow, and carefully crafted her multitonal voice to convey maximum disdain. "What exactly would you have us do?"

Cul-Thezn held up a mushroom cluster that Almanpeus assumed was supposed to resemble a finger. "One of us should go down there!" He looked around at the other gathered gods. "Perhaps ALL of us should go down there! Let's tear that reality apart and end this travesty!"

"Long Con went down there," Scintala, Goddess of Light and Luck, interjected. "And he never came back. I'm not sure I need to risk that, and for what?"

"She tricked him!" shouted Cul-Thezn. "He's down there now, who knows what form he has taken, or if he's even aware of what happened!" He trudged around, eyeing the other cosmic beings. "Are you all so self-involved--?"

"And is that so bad?" inquired Almanpeus wryly. "Perhaps a change around here is just what we needed."

"If Long Con can be imprisoned," whistled Loas, God of Flight, "Then so can the rest of us! How can you support a pantheon-wide detention..?!"

"Slippery slope!" blurted Voggot, Demigod of Pedantry. "Straw man!"

Cul-Thezn squinted derisively. "Some newborn godling imprisons the greatest of us, and you make jokes? You - you cowards! You're ALL cowards-"

He was cut off as Almanpeus grabbed his throat, orange light flaring from within her crystal form. "And who says I was joking?!" He whimpered as her touch burned his fungal flesh, twisting away and falling to his knees.

He glared up at her, rubbing his neck. "You will see. My eyes see all that grows in the darkness. This realm is a cancer, a blight, and this is only a taste of what is to come!"

"Look," piped up Scintala. "They're doing it again. They seek... justice."

Voggot chuckled. "An elusive concept."

wolbre has been lynched. He was the Dream Splicer, a Civilian.

Night 1 has started. You have 21 hours from this post to send in your night action PMs AND your movement choice.
Pooooo
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by wolbre04 »

nice job troops
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 am
Dana wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:59 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 am
Quin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am @Kylemii i have 2 questions right now

1. Who are you voting for?
2. If I buy a switch and smash will you play with me im lonely
1. if i knew who i was voting for i would have voted already, but at this point it's probably going to be wolbre since i don't believe sloonei is bad
2. absolutely yes. i don't have anyone on my friends list at all yet so i can only play against strangers
Can I join the smash bros group
100% yes
Man I really hope I get it for Christmas this year
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Let's do that again
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Here's my case against Juliets. I recommend we all talk about her now that we can breathe a little:
Spoiler: show
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:40 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am Good morning everyone, we play at last! sabie12 so glad to have you back with us. And so glad to have you guys I've played mafia with for the most years - Tranq, S~V~S, Lorab and Sorsha. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I also have no idea what the poll means so I'm going to wait to vote in it until there is some more discussion around it. Also, I will be at work today from 8:30 until this afternoon without access to the thread so I'm sure I'll come home to an explosion! Ok, so later.
The hardest part of trying to construct a case against juliets is that she's the human embodiment of warmth and kindness. Lose all emotional affect.
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 pm These poll options seem quite meaningless.

Are people voting randomly or what?
The Tribunal of Judgment is from A World Apart, it was three civvies with BTSC plus a lynch switch and pardon. Seems pro-town imo
Wait a minute, I remember a game where I was part of a 3 civ group with BTSC that was a LC/BR game - was that World Apart? I can't remember mafia games years after I've played them at all. Anyway, I agree this sounds like a pro-town option so that's where I'm voting.
Similar to sig, this post has a "How do you do, fellow town?" vibe. She makes a deliberate point to frame her chosen option as pro-town before casting the vote. I'm skeptical.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 am Good news! Votes are indeed changeable, and I put mine on Tranq. Aubergine.
Sloonei, sorry if I missed your reasoning but what did you see about Tranq that made you put a vote on him?
Her first game-relevant action is to ask me about my Tranq vote. I don't know what she did with this question.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Hmm good, we've started actually playing.

Epi, you still feeling DDL?

SVS could be obliquely defending sabie or poking Sloonei. Not a big fan of sabie's response.

Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.
Update: I no longer want to trust team you.

Looks like a lot of people busy this weekend... including me (as I will be away most of today).

[VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
So bob, you mention Epi's DDL suspicion and say you are not a fan of sable's responses but then vote Colin. Could you share why you voted him?
Similar question for cbob. In both cases her response was simply to say "thanks." You're welcome.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 pm These poll options seem quite meaningless.

As someone who has played several LC/BR games I don't know if I believe that you believe that anything in the game is meaningless.
This is why I voted for Tranq.
Ah, ok thanks Sloonei.
Do you have an opinion on this?
After thinking about it, I don't understand why Tranq said that after having played Long Rock games in the past, so maybe I should just ask him: @Tranq what made you say this after having played their games in the past where the polls - especially the first poll - were meaningful?

Also though, I'm less inclined to vote on day 1 one of the people who has been gone for years from our site. I'm not saying I won't vote for one but the evidence would have to be strong.

lots of linki which I will read after posting
Past-Sloonei was on the ball, though, and didn't let her off the hook that easy. She responded by essentially parroting the concern and then asking Tranq to explain his post, but then expressed hesitation about voting for players in Tranq's situation. In other words, she doesn't do much.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:58 pm I'm glad you asked, juliets.

Note i said poll options, not polls. LC/BR polls are always important.
A World Reborn's Day 0 poll options were literally meaningless. Players had to choose between Prog and other music genres. Poll options had nothing to do with the lore of the game. The outcome of the poll, however, did.
I did a quick search on these poll options and didn't find anything meaningful, and made my post.
huh, you're right. I went back and looked at the game and indeed the poll options were just music genres but the poll outcome was those that those who voted one of the options got taken off the day 1 poll. So, I see what you mean about the difference between options and polls so this explanation rings true to me. Thanks for explaining.
Accepts Tranq's response without criticism.
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:14 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:05 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Hey SVS, I don't know if I've played with you before, but I've seen you around and sort of know about you. My valid suspicion of Colin shows that day one can contain valid suspicions. Mac doesn't think so, and therefore thinks I "attacked" nutella for no reason over her (in my opinon) completely invalid Jack suspicion. Does that clear things up for you?
Out of curiosity, what do you sort of know about S~V~S?
So um, speedchuck played game of champions with her last year, before I even joined the site, and he ranted to me about her suspecting him. XD
Yeah he aggressively defended the guy with the blinking neon "Baddie" sign on his head. Good times.

If people who know you better than I that I feel ok about tell me this is your norm, I am open to moving my vote. Plenty of day one weirdness in this thread lol.

But for now I'm good.
I would like to tell you a list of references who can attest to my civ game, but I get mislynched pretty often, because apparently I don't know how to play like a civ.
Luna does seem to get mislynched but I think it's because we don't know how to read her more than it is she doesn't know how to play like a civ. I thought her question to nutella was good, I also wondered if she was voting based on Hogwarts or something she has seen this game.
Vaguely vouches for luna while just-as-vaguely criticizing nutella, but I don't actually see a read on either player in this game right now. Not ideal.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am I appreciate Epi's pointing out some oddities in Sloonei's posts because Sloonei is a tough nut to crack for me. He had me completely snowed in a game I played with him earlier this year where he was bad. But I agree with Sloonei's point that he doesn't think this is a sincere case. I think it's a bold move to enhance conversation.
Juliets is mostly just posting to express agreement with things. Is this normal for her?
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am Something is bothering me about G-Man but I can't put my finger on it. I was not a fan of his post calling DH short sighted and dismissive. Maybe it's just the tone which isn't necessarily alignment indicative. Anyway, I agree with DDL, I'd like to see more from G-Man today.
This is one of my Red Flag statements. I always perk up when I see someone thrust such a vague suspicion on a person. Qualify that junk! Otherwise it can just be read as phony bandwagoning. Not a good look for juliets.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am Ok, I found this quote from Mac:
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Oh I just read some Jack posts that pinged me. There's no actual case there.
Mac, would you share what posts pinged you?
Puts her attention on the Jack case, but... I don't see her actually doing much here.

There's a lot of the same for a while, then this:
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm I have to leave for awhile, I was hoping sig would post his walk-through before I had to go. For now, I'm going to vote for Wilgy.

@DrWilgy if you come online would please explain your vote for c-bob and tell us a little bit about your reads or suspicions or anything game related except mechanics?

I will be back after I have done my physical therapy. I will not, btw, be here for EOD. Way past my bedtime.
Yuck. Taken with the rest of Juliets' ISO, this vote is supremely weak. I can't identify a single read juliets has made this game, and her vote is on the established lazy low-poster option. Not good.

And then there's a couple more posts where she reacts to other people saying things without taking a stance. I have a definitive beef here. Juliets has spent most of the day agreeing with people and asking straightforward questions. I do not see a single read on a player anywhere in these posts, and I see no evidence that she's actively working with the information gained from any of the questions she's asked. I could get behind a juliets case.

@juliets, what are your reads on nutella and luna?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

but it wouldve been so funny if he was bad though
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

The bitches actually did it :puppy:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by Sloonei »

I generally disapprove of the entire lynch proceedings that just unfolded.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i voted for the one that sounds like minor injuries because im hoping for a MK/everyones insane kind of situation
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Ok I need to go to bed

Rip wolbre I will miss your humor
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:32 pm I have to leave for awhile, I was hoping sig would post his walk-through before I had to go. For now, I'm going to vote for Wilgy.

@DrWilgy if you come online would please explain your vote for c-bob and tell us a little bit about your reads or suspicions or anything game related except mechanics?

I will be back after I have done my physical therapy. I will not, btw, be here for EOD. Way past my bedtime.
I did it to tie the game earlier lol. Didn't have time to double check since then.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am I generally disapprove of the entire lynch proceedings that just unfolded.
how about the part where you didn't die?
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

I voted for Objectifuse Mumbojumbo
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am The bitches actually did it :puppy:
Rest in peace you beautiful bastard
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am

I did it to tie the game earlier lol. Didn't have time to double check since then.

Wow now he shows up. How was Baddie BTSC there for that stretch of time you almost got lynched my dude?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:06 am I generally disapprove of the entire lynch proceedings that just unfolded.
how about the part where you didn't die?
That was the best part, but I never should have been there to begin with.

juliets, on the other hand...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll vote later, I need to take my mind off of this game for a little while.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:08 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 am

Wow now he shows up. How was Baddie BTSC there for that stretch of time you almost got lynched my dude?
this tbqh
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

I picked the thing that sounds like it reveals bad things.
My siggie.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am Voting Dr. Wilgy. Incase he's bad. Cause I don't thin Wolbre is.
This is the post that convinced me to switch my vote
Cool. That looks like it was a great decision.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 am Voting Dr. Wilgy. Incase he's bad. Cause I don't thin Wolbre is.
Can't win 'em all :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 am
Can't win 'em all :shrug:
Agreed, it is hard to tell this early in a game.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well dang RIP wolbre.

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am [VOTE: wolbre] aubergine, mainly for self-defense. Let the record show that I want to be lynching juliets right now.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 am I always self destruct under pressure look back at the Peloponnesian war mafia game where I was town
:( Imma bet wolbre's town.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 am im not dying over an afk player
[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
dude, please be civ, cause I just saved you for no reason and if you're bad I'm gonna die.

Tbh I would say that the above posts look like preemptive TMI/ass-covering, but TMI isn't as much a thing in a two-scum-team game so idk and also sloonei's town but idk about luna.
....to wolbre? why? this post made me feel way better about luna than her other two posts I quoted, because this one sounds bolder and not like a scum save imo

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 am wolbre

Why you voting for yourself.
I'm confident that I won't get lynched so im trying to tempt fate
I have this quote saved from before I saw the lynch result but anyway what was this lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Anyway I had a bad taste in my mouth for most of that lynch and I don't think we actually had good options on the table. Tranq or Speed would have been my preferences.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am Well dang RIP wolbre.

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am [VOTE: wolbre] aubergine, mainly for self-defense. Let the record show that I want to be lynching juliets right now.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 am I always self destruct under pressure look back at the Peloponnesian war mafia game where I was town
:( Imma bet wolbre's town.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 am im not dying over an afk player
[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
dude, please be civ, cause I just saved you for no reason and if you're bad I'm gonna die.

Tbh I would say that the above posts look like preemptive TMI/ass-covering, but TMI isn't as much a thing in a two-scum-team game so idk and also sloonei's town but idk about luna.
....to wolbre? why? this post made me feel way better about luna than her other two posts I quoted, because this one sounds bolder and not like a scum save imo

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 am wolbre

Why you voting for yourself.
I'm confident that I won't get lynched so im trying to tempt fate
I have this quote saved from before I saw the lynch result but anyway what was this lol
Looked like a left-field last-second save to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am Here's my case against Juliets. I recommend we all talk about her now that we can breathe a little:
juliets wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am Good morning everyone, we play at last! sabie12 so glad to have you back with us. And so glad to have you guys I've played mafia with for the most years - Tranq, S~V~S, Lorab and Sorsha. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I also have no idea what the poll means so I'm going to wait to vote in it until there is some more discussion around it. Also, I will be at work today from 8:30 until this afternoon without access to the thread so I'm sure I'll come home to an explosion! Ok, so later.
The hardest part of trying to construct a case against juliets is that she's the human embodiment of warmth and kindness. Lose all emotional affect.

The Tribunal of Judgment is from A World Apart, it was three civvies with BTSC plus a lynch switch and pardon. Seems pro-town imo
Wait a minute, I remember a game where I was part of a 3 civ group with BTSC that was a LC/BR game - was that World Apart? I can't remember mafia games years after I've played them at all. Anyway, I agree this sounds like a pro-town option so that's where I'm voting.
Similar to sig, this post has a "How do you do, fellow town?" vibe. She makes a deliberate point to frame her chosen option as pro-town before casting the vote. I'm skeptical.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 am Good news! Votes are indeed changeable, and I put mine on Tranq. Aubergine.
Sloonei, sorry if I missed your reasoning but what did you see about Tranq that made you put a vote on him?
Her first game-relevant action is to ask me about my Tranq vote. I don't know what she did with this question.
colonialbob wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:48 am Hmm good, we've started actually playing.

SVS could be obliquely defending sabie or poking Sloonei. Not a big fan of sabie's response.

Jackofhearts2005 want to trust team? Coming back to a 30 player fancy game is intimidating and I need to find a handhold somewhere.

Looks like a lot of people busy this weekend... including me (as I will be away most of today).

So bob, you mention Epi's DDL suspicion and say you are not a fan of sable's responses but then vote Colin. Could you share why you voted him?
Similar question for cbob. In both cases her response was simply to say "thanks." You're welcome.
DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

As someone who has played several LC/BR games I don't know if I believe that you believe that anything in the game is meaningless.
Ah, ok thanks Sloonei.
After thinking about it, I don't understand why Tranq said that after having played Long Rock games in the past, so maybe I should just ask him: @Tranq what made you say this after having played their games in the past where the polls - especially the first poll - were meaningful?

Also though, I'm less inclined to vote on day 1 one of the people who has been gone for years from our site. I'm not saying I won't vote for one but the evidence would have to be strong.

Past-Sloonei was on the ball, though, and didn't let her off the hook that easy. She responded by essentially parroting the concern and then asking Tranq to explain his post, but then expressed hesitation about voting for players in Tranq's situation. In other words, she doesn't do much.

A World Reborn's Day 0 poll options were literally meaningless. Players had to choose between Prog and other music genres. Poll options had nothing to do with the lore of the game. The outcome of the poll, however, did.
I did a quick search on these poll options and didn't find anything meaningful, and made my post.
huh, you're right. I went back and looked at the game and indeed the poll options were just music genres but the poll outcome was those that those who voted one of the options got taken off the day 1 poll. So, I see what you mean about the difference between options and polls so this explanation rings true to me. Thanks for explaining.
timmer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Out of curiosity, what do you sort of know about S~V~S?
So um, speedchuck played game of champions with her last year, before I even joined the site, and he ranted to me about her suspecting him. XD
Yeah he aggressively defended the guy with the blinking neon "Baddie" sign on his head. Good times.

If people who know you better than I that I feel ok about tell me this is your norm, I am open to moving my vote. Plenty of day one weirdness in this thread lol.

But for now I'm good.
I would like to tell you a list of references who can attest to my civ game, but I get mislynched pretty often, because apparently I don't know how to play like a civ.
Luna does seem to get mislynched but I think it's because we don't know how to read her more than it is she doesn't know how to play like a civ. I thought her question to nutella was good, I also wondered if she was voting based on Hogwarts or something she has seen this game.
Vaguely vouches for luna while just-as-vaguely criticizing nutella, but I don't actually see a read on either player in this game right now. Not ideal.
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:45 am I appreciate Epi's pointing out some oddities in Sloonei's posts because Sloonei is a tough nut to crack for me. He had me completely snowed in a game I played with him earlier this year where he was bad. But I agree with Sloonei's point that he doesn't think this is a sincere case. I think it's a bold move to enhance conversation.
Juliets is mostly just posting to express agreement with things. Is this normal for her?
juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 am Something is bothering me about G-Man but I can't put my finger on it. I was not a fan of his post calling DH short sighted and dismissive. Maybe it's just the tone which isn't necessarily alignment indicative. Anyway, I agree with DDL, I'd like to see more from G-Man today.
This is one of my Red Flag statements. I always perk up when I see someone thrust such a vague suspicion on a person. Qualify that junk! Otherwise it can just be read as phony bandwagoning. Not a good look for juliets.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Oh I just read some Jack posts that pinged me. There's no actual case there.
Puts her attention on the Jack case, but... I don't see her actually doing much here.

Yuck. Taken with the rest of Juliets' ISO, this vote is supremely weak. I can't identify a single read juliets has made this game, and her vote is on the established lazy low-poster option. Not good.

And then there's a couple more posts where she reacts to other people saying things without taking a stance. I have a definitive beef here. Juliets has spent most of the day agreeing with people and asking straightforward questions. I do not see a single read on a player anywhere in these posts, and I see no evidence that she's actively working with the information gained from any of the questions she's asked. I could get behind a juliets case.

Nobody caaaaaaares

Tranq and Speed are bad. Once we get them out of the way I'll think about juliets but so far she looks like juliets.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

OK...skimmed a crap ton of pages. Here's why I voted as I did. First, I didn't like the votes against Wilgy. I have no reason to believe him civ, but I see no reason to suspect him, either. He flyby votes all the time--it makes it super easy to bandwagon him. That said, his appearance after the fact, and defense of folks questioning him are suspicious. So I am now placing an eyeball in that direction.

As for wolbre, that bandwagon reeked of bandwagon. And I didn't really see the reason. My suspicion of sloonei is relatively week (as day 1 suspicion often is), but here are the 2 posts that tilted my vote in that direction:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm I really do need to get out of here though, and I don't have time to continue responding to criticism. My one request is that I am not lynched on Day 1 of this game. I'm clearly invested, regardless of how you read me, and I'm not going to go away. I am voting for luna at the moment. I encourage discussion of her. Sig remains a suspect to me, but very few people seem on board with that. Colin has not made himself into a town read. DrWilgy would be my lazy default low-poster choice.

Another thing that has struck me is that sprityo is playing in this game. Was anybody aware of that? I wouldn't mind giving him some attention, if anyone feels like it.
And, of course, every other name deserves to be on the table as well. Keep doing things, as long as "things" don't include lynching Sloonei right now. At least save it for a time when I can be around respond to things.

UGH FINE, MR LINKI, I'll respond to you but that's it, I swear!
What got me about this post is that no one wants to be lynched day 1. That goes without saying. But it is not a defense I often see civs use. And I'm invested in the game so don't lynch me is a dangerous idea, because baddies also don't want to be lynched, and invested baddies are dangerous.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:23 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am Sloonei, I am not convinced that you're mafia and It looks like its you and wilgy on the chopping block for now, I'd rather see wilgy go if necessary and I can tie it up if no one else is willing to budge
Not really sure why Sloonei is suddenly gaining mafia credit but whatever

I can kinda see how the juliets deal is really problematic, I think most people dismiss her as an enemy bc shes so nice

wtf
Epi's case against me is fake and I am nearly certain he doesn't actually want me to be lynched.
DH is voting for me because he's wrong.
Mac is voting for me because he's an idiot.
G-Man is voting for me because... I don't know. He wants to prove to Mac that he's an idiot, maybe.
This one pinged me more than the other, because saying a case is fake is not the same as saying a case is wrong. Why would epi fake a case on someone? That doesn't really make logical sense. That description doesn't sound like the Epi I know.

As I said, it's not the strongest of suspicions, but it's the suspicion I had.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I like the sound of Auriel Unmysterium. Sounds like revealing secret stuff maybe. And some of the other ones sound negative to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

timmer wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 am I picked the thing that sounds like it reveals bad things.
Revellos sounds like a party to me, and I don't want the malevolent things to be partying. Unmysterium sounds like revealing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't, I loved it.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voted Maleficus Revellos. Because plucking away evil sounds like a good idea.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am OK...skimmed a crap ton of pages. Here's why I voted as I did. First, I didn't like the votes against Wilgy. I have no reason to believe him civ, but I see no reason to suspect him, either. He flyby votes all the time--it makes it super easy to bandwagon him. That said, his appearance after the fact, and defense of folks questioning him are suspicious. So I am now placing an eyeball in that direction.

As for wolbre, that bandwagon reeked of bandwagon. And I didn't really see the reason. My suspicion of sloonei is relatively week (as day 1 suspicion often is), but here are the 2 posts that tilted my vote in that direction:
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm I really do need to get out of here though, and I don't have time to continue responding to criticism. My one request is that I am not lynched on Day 1 of this game. I'm clearly invested, regardless of how you read me, and I'm not going to go away. I am voting for luna at the moment. I encourage discussion of her. Sig remains a suspect to me, but very few people seem on board with that. Colin has not made himself into a town read. DrWilgy would be my lazy default low-poster choice.

Another thing that has struck me is that sprityo is playing in this game. Was anybody aware of that? I wouldn't mind giving him some attention, if anyone feels like it.
And, of course, every other name deserves to be on the table as well. Keep doing things, as long as "things" don't include lynching Sloonei right now. At least save it for a time when I can be around respond to things.

UGH FINE, MR LINKI, I'll respond to you but that's it, I swear!
What got me about this post is that no one wants to be lynched day 1. That goes without saying. But it is not a defense I often see civs use. And I'm invested in the game so don't lynch me is a dangerous idea, because baddies also don't want to be lynched, and invested baddies are dangerous.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:23 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 am Sloonei, I am not convinced that you're mafia and It looks like its you and wilgy on the chopping block for now, I'd rather see wilgy go if necessary and I can tie it up if no one else is willing to budge
Not really sure why Sloonei is suddenly gaining mafia credit but whatever

I can kinda see how the juliets deal is really problematic, I think most people dismiss her as an enemy bc shes so nice

wtf
Epi's case against me is fake and I am nearly certain he doesn't actually want me to be lynched.
DH is voting for me because he's wrong.
Mac is voting for me because he's an idiot.
G-Man is voting for me because... I don't know. He wants to prove to Mac that he's an idiot, maybe.
This one pinged me more than the other, because saying a case is fake is not the same as saying a case is wrong. Why would epi fake a case on someone? That doesn't really make logical sense. That description doesn't sound like the Epi I know.

As I said, it's not the strongest of suspicions, but it's the suspicion I had.
I explained my thoughts on Epi's case here. I don't wish to speculate on why I think he's doing it, but this sort of play is absolutely something that I associate with Epi. I do not object to his fake case against me, to be clear. I just want to acknowledge that it's fake.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 am Voted Maleficus Revellos. Because plucking away evil sounds like a good idea.
Fair
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]LoRab[/mention], Sloonei had posited earlier that Epi "faked" his Sloonei case to generate discussion, which is actually a thing Epi does.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think that nutella, DharmaHelper and Turnip Head are all lock town and will fight anyone who says otherwise
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 am Voted Maleficus Revellos. Because plucking away evil sounds like a good idea.
Man we all have different interpretations of the pseudolatin :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am Here's my case against Juliets. I recommend we all talk about her now that we can breathe a little:

Ah, ok thanks Sloonei.

But for now I'm good.

Nobody caaaaaaares

Tranq and Speed are bad. Once we get them out of the way I'll think about juliets but so far she looks like juliets.
I was down for a Tranq vote but there was no chance of making it happen. I haven't seen enough meat on the speedchuck bone to be down for that yet.

There's plenty of meat on the juliets bone, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

"Make Something Happen
Terminus Competitious
Maleficus Revellos
Auriel Unmysterium
Objectifuse Enconscioufy
Minoritus Injuraboo"

all of these sound bad
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

auriel unmysterium is the only one without vaguely menacing fake words in it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

24 pages of juicy content and activity to shove my meat into.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Fair defense, Sloonei. And I now see where you were coming from with Epi--I had missed that detail in my skim. I'm not sure I agree about Epi, but I get it.
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 am
Except that revellos is actually Latin: http://latin-dictionary.net/definition/ ... i-revulsus
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What's wrong with magnificent ravioli?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Plenty of meat on the timmer bone, too, eyyyyyyyyy.....

:beer:
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also I re-read your juliets iso and don't actually see anything that convinces me to scumread her. Most of the posts you quote are neutral and her usual style of questioning/getting her head in the game and I see those posts as NAI for her. Your biggest "red flag" point is asking her to qualify a vague suspicion which she literally qualifies in the remainder of the post after the sentence you highlighted but I guess you elected to ignore that detail.

I do agree that her Wilgy vote was weak though, and you and mac both made a decent point about wilgy being a frequent scapegoat for lazy bandwagoners (she wasn't the first to vote wilgy was she? idk maybe she was but still kind of an easy/low-risk option)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 am Fair defense, Sloonei. And I now see where you were coming from with Epi--I had missed that detail in my skim. I'm not sure I agree about Epi, but I get it.
Except that revellos is actually Latin: http://latin-dictionary.net/definition/ ... i-revulsus
Oh nice I was thinking more REVEAL-os, bit that sounds even better.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 am Fair defense, Sloonei. And I now see where you were coming from with Epi--I had missed that detail in my skim. I'm not sure I agree about Epi, but I get it.
I got out-linguisticked :(

btw have you ever listened to A Way With Words? it's so much fun and I actually saw their live show about a week ago and it was awesome :D
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 am
I don't, I loved it.
Am I lock town on your list yet Mac
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:49 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 am
I don't, I loved it.
Am I lock town on your list yet Mac
Yes precious
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lol why did Wolbre get lynched? I guess I can’t complain since I didn’t vote but I don’t think he had votes on him when I last checked in.

Return to “Previous Jobs”