35%

Total votes: 23
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I think you're a role checker :p

But if not, I'm with llama and Nev on this. I'd rather listen to my gut instincts than have a computer tell me who's bad. That's kind of the point of these text based games. You read up on everyone and then use your own intuition to try and determine who is bad (or your biggest threat if you are bad).

Lots of catching up to do. Thanks guys! This may not completely happen today.
As someone who uses statistics and analytics to study sports (yes, I am THAT nerdy), part of me feels I should be okay with someone trying out a software program that would be effective if you take certain parameters into effect.

The problem is my gut says that such parameters have not been taken into effect, and I won't believe it until I see evidence that backs up this supposed program.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Let's keep it friendly guys.

SVS's opinion regarding indies is neither a new one nor an unusual one. Plenty of people feel the same way about indies. In my opinion, if you are Media there is a chance you could be earning a kill. Indy or not, I don't think it is a chance I would like to take. Also, a secret win condition does not sit well with me.
I tend to agree. Indies are unknowable loose cannons and in this game what we don't know can kill us.
Unless we get an indy role that specifically states they have to win with the civs, I tend to never fully trust them. Especially when they almost always have secrets, and could potentially have the ability to kill. No thanks.
S~V~S wrote:I guess I have been holding stupid opinions since 2009, since this has always been my opinion of Indy roles in general.:noble:
It's the same one I've always held, so it certainly can't be stupid! :D
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Spacedaisy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In AG, after 26 mentions, Media got a kill. She could also earn protections, poll removals, all kinds of fun things. So i am taking someone who wants to gain attention seriously. This is NOT like that ridiculousness in that game at RM with "Skeletor" etc, that was vapors. This is an actual role that i wrote, so i know what it does.

Linki@ Dom. I don't know what to make of Lizzy, tbh.
Once again, I'm not Media. Also, MP has to change these roles in order to make this a balanced game. He probably changed the effects of the conditions. So, no, you don't know what it does.

Also, it was changed from a baddie to a indie, so maybe the win condition is separate from the civvie or baddie one? Just speculating.
This post makes me feel like you probably ARE Media, and I will likely vote for you today, given this suspicion.
DharmaHelper wrote:I just don't see the value in discussing the same points over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I get what you are saying, talking repeatedly about a program that likely does not exist does not help us narrow down suspects for the vote. However, I don't feel as much aggravation over it as you do. I don't think you are suspicious for wanting to move conversation elsewhere though, as apparently others seem to think.

I'm probably voting for INH today, because if he is Media, I think he could be potentially dangerous to keep around. And if he is telling the truth, well he can play with his program from beyond the grave to test it out. More power to him.

Question: what happens when you out the winners from a years worth of games into one game?

Answer: absolute insanity and much hilarity. I love this.
I agree, Daisy, I was pretty undecided on what I thought he was up to until I read the quote that I made HUGE, above. Why say "you" don't know what the role does and not "we" (including himself)? To me, that says, he knows what the role secrets are but the rest of us don't. The only way I can see that he would know, is if he is that role. Additionally, he can't know that SVS does not know the role secrets for sure, unless he knows FOR SURE that the secrets were changed.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Kate wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:In AG, after 26 mentions, Media got a kill. She could also earn protections, poll removals, all kinds of fun things. So i am taking someone who wants to gain attention seriously. This is NOT like that ridiculousness in that game at RM with "Skeletor" etc, that was vapors. This is an actual role that i wrote, so i know what it does.

Once again, I'm not Media. Also, MP has to change these roles in order to make this a balanced game. He probably changed the effects of the conditions. So, no, you don't know what it does.

Also, it was changed from a baddie to a indie, so maybe the win condition is separate from the civvie or baddie one? Just speculating.
This post makes me feel like you probably ARE Media, and I will likely vote for you today, given this suspicion.
DharmaHelper wrote:I just don't see the value in discussing the same points over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I get what you are saying, talking repeatedly about a program that likely does not exist does not help us narrow down suspects for the vote. However, I don't feel as much aggravation over it as you do. I don't think you are suspicious for wanting to move conversation elsewhere though, as apparently others seem to think.

I'm probably voting for INH today, because if he is Media, I think he could be potentially dangerous to keep around. And if he is telling the truth, well he can play with his program from beyond the grave to test it out. More power to him.

Question: what happens when you out the winners from a years worth of games into one game?

I agree, Daisy, I was pretty undecided on what I thought he was up to until I read the quote that I made HUGE, above. Why say "you" don't know what the role does and not "we" (including himself)? To me, that says, he knows what the role secrets are but the rest of us don't. The only way I can see that he would know, is if he is that role. Additionally, he can't know that SVS does not know the role secrets for sure, unless he knows FOR SURE that the secrets were changed.
Are you really going to lynch me because instead of "we", I said "you"?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:
Kate wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Are you really going to lynch me because instead of "we", I said "you"?
That is quite an oversimplification of what I said.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

lol nice mud slinging.
I'm probably gonna vote someone just for being rude to SVS, plus the media stuff. I think Kate and Daisy, and others have summed it up enough.

linki:
lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, everyone, just a warning to remember to choose your words carefully -- we don't want to cross the line between being respectful and getting personal. I haven't seen an inordinate amount of this yet, and I'm not singling anyone out, but just want to say this as a reminder while it seems relevant. I know it's mafia and naturally things can get intense or accusatory, but remember that if you want to be treated with respect, make sure to treat everyone else with respect as well.

Thanks!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I have my first ACC 300 class to teach tonight, and it is also my brother's birthday today so I am going to stop by after class since I'm tied up all day/evening. As a result, the post will be somewhat late, sorry! I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I want to emphasize that it is critical you still vote by the deadline, however. Missing votes in a game like this might not be such a good idea. :feb:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I never saw the scan of the Piano games.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

Kate wrote:I never saw the scan of the Piano games.
There's probably a very good reason for that. I've never seen a bright green elephant riding a unicycle in an ice rink.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

because you're colorblind q.m.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Bullzeye wrote:
There's probably a very good reason for that. I've never seen a bright green elephant riding a unicycle in an ice rink.
Colorful metaphor aside, this is probably the most damning evidence against a certain sexy mofo. Just presenting some of the source data wouldn't compromise the secrecy of the Program and would go a long way towards addressing our concerns.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

I agree the aggression towards SVS was unwarranted. People tend to lash out like that in mafia when they want to get a rise out of people and get them off their game.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I have to leave for work soon, and won't have time to check in before the deadline. I'm in between INH and Lizzy. While I could easily vote for either one, I'm willing to give INH a bit of time (albeit not much) to see if he goes anywhere with his idea. The fact that Lizzy latched onto it in an "This seems like it could be a great idea, so why not test it out?" when it's terrible in practice seems more suspicious to me right now. So she is getting my vote.

Votes Lizzy
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

I thought he was trying to draw a nightkill (because he was immune for one reason or another), but I'm leaning back toward media after that last exchange. I'm not confident I will remember to vote tonight (working until very late), so I'm going to drop one on Inh now - even if I gave him even odds between Media and civ, that's way better odds than I could get voting for anyone else.

And yes, I know media's wincon is secret.. but her description implies that she will be hiding information in one way or another, and that is almost never good for civs.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I really didn't mean to offend anyone, especially S~V~S. S~V~S is a cool, nice, smart lady, it's just I feel like condemning each and every indie role even though they may have a win condition that would let them win with the civs, or powers that could help defeat the baddies I feel like that's incredibly short sighted and a bit dumb.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

At this point my vote process is the following:

In a game of champions, everyone playing should be playing like a champion. So if you're not playing like a champion, you should be lynched. I will likely vote for Lizzy given this logic.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
:haha:

Ok still catching up..
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Dom wrote:
THANK YOU! Finally my wait is over! :smile: :smile: :smile: :p
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

All those who vote for Lizzy or Vomps do so at the risk of being voted for by me. :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

A Person wrote:All those who vote for Lizzy or Vomps do so at the risk of being voted for by me. :noble:
Who are your top candidates for a vote A Person?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Re: [DAY 0] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by agleaminranks »

Hedgeowl wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Hmm... well, even in the only game I won, I got killed pretty early on. That was the case with most of the games I played too. I'm going to say that my best game was in Homestar Runner mafia because I participated the most, survived the longest, and got most involved.
Maybe a good candidate for a Day 1 lynch? Really keep the trend going of early lynching?
Aw well that's hardly fair. With the exception of Homestar Runner mafia, I've been killed on or before Night 1 in every mafia game I've played on both here and the piano site, usually because I don't post much. I'm a busy dude: I have three majors and work 30 hours a week on top of that. I don't always have a lot of time to contribute. And seriously, there's never a whole lot of reasons to contribute on Day 1 anyways; it's always a lot of rabble rousing and bullshit speculation regardless of the game. This game is no different.

I like Mongoose's speculation that Edward Snowden over there is bluffing to try and draw attention to himself. He may be trying to get himself lynched, but he also might be trying to draw attention away from something (or someone) else. Sorry to beat a dead horse on this topic, but I'm with DharmaHelper in that we just let the dude go. As for the other low posters, DisgruntledPorcupine never talks much anyways, and I don't know what to think of Big Damn Hero. He was talkative in other games but I don't remember enough of his Day 1 activity to make anything of it. I've got no real suspicion to vote for anyone right now, but I might vote for Matt in order to encourage him to vote for someone besides himself for once.

LINKI: or maybe not?
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

juliets wrote:
A Person wrote:All those who vote for Lizzy or Vomps do so at the risk of being voted for by me. :noble:
i don't have any
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

A Person wrote:
juliets wrote:
i don't have any
Any thoughts or opinions?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:I'm getting crucified in the thread, because some people are idiotically thinking that I'm Media. We need to stop worrying about the Media role. My role, at least was heavily changed from it's original.
S~V~S wrote: And as far as i am concerned, an Indy is a baddie Lite.
S~V~S, I really thought that you would know better then that. That's the most stupid thing I've read in the whole thread. In fact, it's so stupid, it's really making me question your allegiances. Usual smart S~V~S would never say something like that. Once again, why are we focusing so much on Media? You know, instead of BOB, or the actual Baddies! Me being framed for an unimportant indie role, and that all of a sudden making me Public Enemy No. 1 is weirding me out. Someone wants to shift focus from BOB, or the Baddies, and a lot of other people are happy to oblige.
I don't think you're Media (or necessarily even bad), but it's kinda harsh to call people idiotic or stupid for thinking it. SVS distrusting indies is actually pretty standard for her in my view. Pretty sure she didn't shed any tears after we lynched fairly neutral Llama in Shawshank. Personally I'd rather be looking for baddies than indies/neutrals in any case. If they can win with civs they're no threat, but if the thread turns against them why would they want to?

Who do you think you'll vote for today?

Linki - You resorted to your program I see, so nothing in like 5 pages has caught your eye? Is your program by any chance named random.org? :p
Ohmergawd I hate whole posts getting deleted. :consoling:

SVS was an Indy who became a killer in Into the Woods, but was distraught along with Heiots that she was forced into that role. That doesn't seem to affect her opinion that we did the right thing and lynched her in that game it seems. :noble:

I find inh's presence in this game to be very enjoyable and I am not convinced he is a threat yet. That said I will also not vote for Dom now either. I can 100% see Lizzy jumping at the opportunity of a cool baddie analysis program in any alignment, especially cause she often randomizes Day 1 or later, so I don't see this as a tell for her.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Kate wrote:
A Person wrote:
juliets wrote:
i don't have any
Yes, but not on this game.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 0] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Hedgeowl »

agleaminranks wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Hmm... well, even in the only game I won, I got killed pretty early on. That was the case with most of the games I played too. I'm going to say that my best game was in Homestar Runner mafia because I participated the most, survived the longest, and got most involved.
Maybe a good candidate for a Day 1 lynch? Really keep the trend going of early lynching?
Aw well that's hardly fair. With the exception of Homestar Runner mafia, I've been killed on or before Night 1 in every mafia game I've played on both here and the piano site, usually because I don't post much. I'm a busy dude: I have three majors and work 30 hours a week on top of that. I don't always have a lot of time to contribute. And seriously, there's never a whole lot of reasons to contribute on Day 1 anyways; it's always a lot of rabble rousing and bullshit speculation regardless of the game. This game is no different.

I like Mongoose's speculation that Edward Snowden over there is bluffing to try and draw attention to himself. He may be trying to get himself lynched, but he also might be trying to draw attention away from something (or someone) else. Sorry to beat a dead horse on this topic, but I'm with DharmaHelper in that we just let the dude go. As for the other low posters, DisgruntledPorcupine never talks much anyways, and I don't know what to think of Big Damn Hero. He was talkative in other games but I don't remember enough of his Day 1 activity to make anything of it. I've got no real suspicion to vote for anyone right now, but I might vote for Matt in order to encourage him to vote for someone besides himself for once.

LINKI: or maybe not?
Sorry my post wasn't meant as an actual case against you, so I fixed the quote be sarc orange. I think it be a little cruel to lynch you day 1 actually. I was just pointing out that so far there is no reason to vote low posters based on any actual evidence.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hegeowl, sorry if I missed it but who are your leading candidates for today?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

juliets wrote:Hegeowl, sorry if I missed it but who are your leading candidates for today?
I am not sure. This is always my problem when I can justify why everyone might do something it leaves with not enough suspicions. I will probably for someone with an odd or suspicious vote. I don't tend to like odd bandwagon voting either, so mad going to watch and wait for this afternoon.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what exactly has Vomps done to merit this kind of protection? As far as I can tell, dude's made two posts and voted without explaining anything. Which is par for the course, but I just find it interesting that you're jumping to defend that behavior.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

A Person wrote:
Kate wrote:
A Person wrote:
juliets wrote:
i don't have any
Yes, but not on this game.
Very helpful :stare:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Yay, I caught up! (I may have skipped some pages, but I bet they weren't important.) Go me! :lorab: Aren't you all proud?

Also, I am glad i did not vote either INH or Lizzy. I don't see their current behavior as anything unusual or suspicious from them. Mongoose, on the other hand, is acting more suspicious than I've ever seen. Not coloring sarcastic posts orange and such. I think it's a baddie slip. (Or maybe I feel the need to justify my vote beyond what I said yesterday.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
I tend to agree. Indies are unknowable loose cannons and in this game what we don't know can kill us.
What would you know about loose cannons?
S~V~S wrote: Wow second game in a week this has come up.

I guess I have been holding stupid opinions since 2009, since this has always been my opinion of Indy roles in general.

:noble:
I definitely don't like the idea of voting for someone because I agree/disagree with his/her mafia philosophy.
Russtifinko wrote:Mongoose, on the other hand, is acting more suspicious than I've ever seen. Not coloring sarcastic posts orange and such. I think it's a baddie slip. (Or maybe I feel the need to justify my vote beyond what I said yesterday.)
Russti - I'm not sure I intended anything as sarcastic; I'm not usually one to engage in that style. Can't you give me a break for not posting all day? :D

Also, won't be trusting HAL today either.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

insertnamehere wrote:I'm getting crucified in the thread, because some people are idiotically thinking that I'm Media. We need to stop worrying about the Media role. My role, at least was heavily changed from it's original.
S~V~S, I really thought that you would know better then that. That's the most stupid thing I've read in the whole thread. In fact, it's so stupid, it's really making me question your allegiances. Usual smart S~V~S would never say something like that. Once again, why are we focusing so much on Media? You know, instead of BOB, or the actual Baddies! Me being framed for an unimportant indie role, and that all of a sudden making me Public Enemy No. 1 is weirding me out. Someone wants to shift focus from BOB, or the Baddies, and a lot of other people are happy to oblige.
You have an actual ping about a player in the thread based on your own opinion and thoughts about how a player usually plays differently (though S~V~S, like LoRab, has always been someone wary of indy roles), but still stick to using your secret program to vote Dom (and you even say at this point you recognize there isn't enough data for said program to be accurate this early in the game).
insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
This actually has me more pinged than anything you've said up 'til now about your program.

Also, Bob can't recruit a minion until Night 2. So we don't need to worry about him at all today which makes your vote for Dom and your explanation following it even stranger to me.

Suspicious reasoning is suspicious and it's why I'm voting for you today. *votes*
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: What would you know about loose cannons?
This is from Victor Hugo's novel of the French Revolution, Ninety-Three. It's an incredibly evocative passage and changed the way I think about the phrase "loose cannon" forever.

One of the carronades of the battery, a twenty-four pounder, had broken loose.

This is the most dangerous accident that can possibly take place on shipboard. Nothing more terrible can happen to a sloop of war in open sea and under full sail.

A cannon that breaks its moorings suddenly becomes some strange, supernatural beast. It is a machine transformed into a monster. That short mass on wheels moves like a billiard-ball, rolls with the rolling of the ship, plunges with the pitching, goes, comes, stops, seems to meditate, starts on its course again, shoots like an arrow, from one end of the vessel to the other, whirls around, slips away, dodges, rears, bangs, crashes, kills, exterminates. It is a battering ram capriciously assaulting a wall. Add to this, the fact that the ram is of metal, the wall of wood.

It is matter set free; one might say, this eternal slave was avenging itself; it seems as if the total depravity concealed in what we call inanimate things had escaped, and burst forth all of a sudden; it appears to lose patience, and to take a strange mysterious revenge; nothing more relentless than this wrath of the inanimate. This enraged lump leaps like a panther, it has the clumsiness of an elephant, the nimbleness of a mouse, the obstinacy of an axe, the uncertainty of the billows, the zigzag of the lightning, the deafness of the grave. It weighs ten thousand pounds, and it rebounds like a child's ball. It spins and then abruptly darts off at right angles.

And what is to be done? How put an end to it? A tempest ceases, a cyclone passes over, a wind dies down, a broken mast can be replaced, a leak can be stopped, a fire extinguished, but what will become of this enormous brute of bronze? How can it be captured? You can reason with a bull-dog, astonish a bull, fascinate a boa, frightened a tiger, tame a lion; but you have no resource against this monster, a loose cannon. You cannot kill it, it is dead; and at the same time it lives. It lives with a sinister life which comes to it from the infinite. The deck beneath it gives it full swing. It is moved by the ship, which is moved by the sea, which is moved by the wind. This destroyer is a toy. The ship, the waves, the winds, all play with it, hence its frightful animation. What is to be done with this apparatus? How fetter this stupendous engine of destruction? How anticipate its comings and goings, its returns, its stops, its shocks? Any one of its blows on the side of the ship may stave it in. How foretell its frightful meanderings? It is dealing with a projectile, which alters its mind, which seems to have ideas, and changes its direction every instant. How check the course of what must be avoided? The horrible cannon struggles, advances, backs, strikes right, strikes left, retreats, passes by, disconcerts expectation, grinds up obstacles, crushes men like flies. All the terror of the situation is in the fluctuations of the flooring. How fight an inclined plane subject to caprices? The ship has, so to speak, in its belly, an imprisoned thunderstorm, striving to escape; something like a thunderbolt rumbling above an earthquake.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

vote=inh
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

OMGLo. I snorted.

Anyway, why prolong the agony? I'm going to go ahead and be straightforward with a vote for HAL's designer. Something seems untoward.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Voting INH.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Since I posted this morning about my thoughts I have seen even more reason to give a vote to inh today. I still would like Lizzy to address my questions though because her behavior is still odd from my pov. *vote inh*

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voted = Lizzy

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I think I'm actually gonna vote INH. I didn't think the whole software system thing was suspicious in itself (if true) but the SVS stuff really seems weird. He calls her out for doing something she always does, is kinda mean about it, and acts like her saying something she's always said is really suspicious and then votes for............ Dom. Because the system of questionable validity told him to. Even though he said it wasn't a good idea to use it on day one. You want weird? That's weird.

*Votes*
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

I'm voting for Vomps because it's unlike him to only make two posts and not talk at least jokingly about anything else, let alone make sarcastic remarks about his decision. I know for a fact he's not busy doing anything else because he's a welfare parasite. I find it a little suspish.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to go ahead and vote for DH. I have found him aggressive and trying to steer discussion, which makes me not trust him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Russtifinko wrote:Mongoose, on the other hand, is acting more suspicious than I've ever seen. Not coloring sarcastic posts orange and such. I think it's a baddie slip. (Or maybe I feel the need to justify my vote beyond what I said yesterday.)
Russti - I'm not sure I intended anything as sarcastic; I'm not usually one to engage in that style. Can't you give me a break for not posting all day? :D

Also, won't be trusting HAL today either.[/quote]

'Goose, I'm just being silly. I think I will have to ease up now that you've stopped posting so much.

And llama, that loose cannon passage was a really good read. I think I understand that phrase for the first time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Flyin' High wrote:
You have an actual ping about a player in the thread based on your own opinion and thoughts about how a player usually plays differently (though S~V~S, like LoRab, has always been someone wary of indy roles), but still stick to using your secret program to vote Dom (and you even say at this point you recognize there isn't enough data for said program to be accurate this early in the game).
insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
This actually has me more pinged than anything you've said up 'til now about your program.

Also, Bob can't recruit a minion until Night 2. So we don't need to worry about him at all today which makes your vote for Dom and your explanation following it even stranger to me.

Suspicious reasoning is suspicious and it's why I'm voting for you today. *votes*
Good point. Add to that that he wrote the bob role and should know.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Oh, and votes.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

:sigh: shit guys. You're making it hard for me to catch up with this game too!

Anyway, I don't know how long I will be at work today but here goes my vote: From my earlier read I was most pinged by Lizzy's Extreem desire to see this massive-multi-mind-reading-ordinance-gear (MMMROG, eh, close enough :D ). While I don't agree with it's use in mafia, I don't know what to make of His introduction of the device yet. But the way Lizzy jumped all over it pinged the shit out of me.

So, votes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

I'm going to have to catch up later, but I see now that there is more to the HNI case. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Seriously guys?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”