Total votes: 17
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:12 am
Dana wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:09 am Beats me. I'm guessing you're indy which is better than bad but I have no idea who else is actually bad. I have more theories on who's good at this point.
Why am I indie?
Enrique basically proved it. I think if you were civ you would understand what he's been talking about. I don't really feel comfortable going into much more detail because I'm not exactly sure where the allowed line is and I'm not trying to get mod killed.

linki - good players (imo) from this situation: Enri, Mac, maybe Kyle if his meme post was rooted in truth and he actually just misread the night kill post.
1. How do you understand what Enrique is talking about then, if you're supposed to be civ?
2. If a civ wouldn't understand what Enrique is talking about wouldn't that mean Enrique is not a civ?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBOWOP Nevermind you said "would" not "wouldn't. I speed read that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 am DH...

Voted in a way that made it seem like TH and he coordinated their vote.
Said that he would be suspicious of anyone who tied votes, then went and tied the vote while lolling.
TH and DH only engaged in the thread with the mehist of the meh. With their history I don't like it.
If I read DH as though he is Mafia it rules out as teammates the same players that the TH ISO ruled out.

Chances of teammate = 95%.
You know I think you'd be 15-35% better at mafia if you asked "Why" before you made any post.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:32 am TH didn't leave anything "glaring" pointing at scum teammates in his ISO but in light of my other observations his DH interactions are team compatible. They both played a heavy hand in the EOD shenanigans and hucked it up together. I suppose I am guilty of that too but fuck you.
Oh word....?

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

While I do my reread I will note here that speedchuck seems to have caught up but has made zero mention of my case and attempts to get people to vote for her. This doesn't help my opinion of what is still most an iso of discussing game mechanics and no sense of trying to find baddies.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 am Wow I got up expecting a cool post and maybe a page of posts (I am at 50 PPP) and I wake up to ... this.

I have to reread Nutella, she is a surprising NK to me (although proximity counts so that limits the kill pool I guess). I did not much suspect her but I did not much trust her, either.

I am not going to read Slooneis ISO's until maybe tonight. I don't trust him at all. In the past when I played with he he felt all Supatown and engaged, here he feels ... manic. He reminds me of baddie MP. But that is what I thought of him that time I lynched him, so stepping away from him for now, I don't see you la la la la

And all the posts (from lots of folks, not just him) qualifying every remark with, "But of course there are two baddie teams."

This means normal civving behavior doesn't count. It 's what someone says, not how they say it, or how many times they say it. Looking at prior games if they had only one bad team is pointless. It's harder to catch the baddies, but it is also more intense and amazing when you figure it out. So when we judge peoples behavior, make "two teams" the forethought, not the afterthought.

Not sure if TH felt safe enough to bolster a teammate (I did not even remotely suspect him) or if that was all just buddying.

Imma read all this later, I have to go back to work today ugh.

For now I am dropping a vote on Kyle, I think his vote was the shadiest of a shady lynch.

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine

Linki, @MacDougall can you link me to the point, or general page, where that happened? Rereading that out of real time was hard to take context. I know you mentioned this before, about their votes, but I did not have time to reread looking for it.
"Odd choice for a kill" tell.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Tell more about this “odd choice tell”, [mention]DharmaHelper[/mention]
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by timmer »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:20 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:17 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 am People: "wilgy is a bad vote for people scared to be held responsible"

Also people: "nah let's not vote for anybody on his wagon"
[VOTE: tranq] aubergine

still want juliets
This post is weird and I may be misunderstanding it. But is colonialbob saying people scared to be held responsible will vote off wagon? Then Sloonei quotes it, not only saying he's voting off wagon, but that he's not even voting for who he wants to vote for. If you're going to vote off wagon anyways, why not go for juliets?
cbob was suggesting that we should vote for a player who was voting for wilgy at the time because a number of people were complaining that his wagon was shady and weak. Tranq was on the wagon and was a person who'd garnered a fair amount of suspicion.

Why'd you kill nutella?
I would like to look at Wolbre's wagon. That's a good place to start.

Nutella died? I haven't seen the end of night post.
You start posting in day 2 without looking to see what happened in the night?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Left a vote on speedchuck.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

colonialbob wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:28 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 am If I had to pick a teammate out of those interactions I'd go Luna/Tranq/Enrique. The Sloonei interactions look like absolute dog shit but there's so much there it's more likely pocketing rather than actual teammate.
What about the person with all the red? Why not wilgy?
When Doc showed up TH seemed OK with lynching him. Could be a bus, but it bumps him down the list initially.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 am Wow I got up expecting a cool post and maybe a page of posts (I am at 50 PPP) and I wake up to ... this.

I have to reread Nutella, she is a surprising NK to me (although proximity counts so that limits the kill pool I guess). I did not much suspect her but I did not much trust her, either.

I am not going to read Slooneis ISO's until maybe tonight. I don't trust him at all. In the past when I played with he he felt all Supatown and engaged, here he feels ... manic. He reminds me of baddie MP. But that is what I thought of him that time I lynched him, so stepping away from him for now, I don't see you la la la la

And all the posts (from lots of folks, not just him) qualifying every remark with, "But of course there are two baddie teams."

This means normal civving behavior doesn't count. It 's what someone says, not how they say it, or how many times they say it. Looking at prior games if they had only one bad team is pointless. It's harder to catch the baddies, but it is also more intense and amazing when you figure it out. So when we judge peoples behavior, make "two teams" the forethought, not the afterthought.

Not sure if TH felt safe enough to bolster a teammate (I did not even remotely suspect him) or if that was all just buddying.

For now I am dropping a vote on Kyle, I think his vote was the shadiest of a shady lynch.

Linki, @MacDougall can you link me to the point, or general page, where that happened? Rereading that out of real time was hard to take context. I know you mentioned this before, about their votes, but I did not have time to reread looking for it.
Never heard of it; and she WAS an odd choice. Do you think I am wrong, and that she was an obvious choice? Do people not talk about why the NKed may have been killed anymore? Or are they too worried about being labelled with canned "tell" labels to discuss something that may hold some clues.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

I really DO like that notification tag. I did not when I first saw it, but it is helpful.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As you said, given the map, kill choices are going to be limited and to an extent, random or luck based. I'm personally not going to hold stock in trying to find out why a kill was made, but I'm not gonna stop other people from doing that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:40 pm Anyway I've ranked the people who have currently voted from most to least suspicious as of me typing this post without being linkied into any other votes:

Cbob - "His posting" is a funny but ultimately hollow and wormy way to explain the Colin vote
Colin - "No U" vote was cheeky but still bad.
Chuck - Did not give a reason for his DDL vote which IIRC came close to if not directly after Epi said he'd be voting DDL. Chuck pulling up to the train station early AF to save himself a seat.
Sloonei - Voting for anyone based on other people's reasons for suspecting people is suspicious to me. Make your own points. Stand on your own ground.
TH - Early vote for Sorsha for a hollow, funny reason. Doesn't look serious. Sorsha's not done anything overtly suspicious. Could be buddying/distancing but not worth losing my shit over instantly.
Epi - His DDL vote makes sense, he gave a good reason and was consistent.
I read this the first time but it's not exactly meaty by your standards. Why requote it?
Added Colin.
Single in thread interaction between the King and Prince of Chaos Mafia. Pfft as if. Mafia teammates for sure. DharmaHelper please just lynch yourself.

Can I be the jester of chaos
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by timmer »

G-Man wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm @G-Man Why did you vote for me yesterday?
Kinetic energy steered me in a different direction. Without finishing my ISOs, my net was narrow to begin with and you went hog wild on Juliets after she looked worst on my narrow list of observations. Maybe I just haven’t seen Super Sloonei in a while but you were all over the place yesterday. We’ll see how I read you once I circle back around to your ISO.
Hmm. So players can be busy. I've been in that position many times. And it can make you look bad because you aren't posting clear thoughts in a circle feeling way. I've been there, as well.

But... dude, you have a bizarre explanation here. It isn't just brief. It's bizarre.

You chose to use your time to check the 5 top posters and decided upon iso-ing them that juliets felt likeliest to be faking. You put this out there, meaning you thought it would help the cause. But you tuned in later, briefly saw that sloonei had agreed with your view on juliets and you... moved your vote to sloonei?

Tell me how this makes more sense than, say, you were trying to save wilgy.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Circle =civvie.
My siggie.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hey Sloonei I meant to ask yesterday, but

What did you see from up there?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:04 am If I had to pick a teammate out of those interactions I'd go Luna/Tranq/Enrique. The Sloonei interactions look like absolute dog shit but there's so much there it's more likely pocketing rather than actual teammate.
Pocketing is what?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 am Here I will analyze TH's posts and specifically their interactions with other players:

1. Tranq Link Back and forth RE: poll options. Tranq gets up TH's ass about mentioning the possible civvieness of the poll option before voting. Pretty much IIRC the meatiest interaction Tranq has had yet. I'm gonna rate this sucker a Yellow.

2. Enrique Link Jokey "you bad?" post. Rating this one Yellow. as well since it looks like it could be distancing.

3. Epignosis Link Defends Sloonei from Epi by way of straw manning Luna. Rating this Green for Epi and Red for Sloonei and Yellow For Luna

4. G-Man Link G-Man emerges as a suspect to TH. Rating this Green for G.

5. Sloonei Link Waffley non-post about Sloonei that's also a defense without outright saying so. Red

6. Luna Link Says Luna looks "OK so far". Again not committing to much. Yellow for Luna.

7. Doc Link Defending the Doc's bullshit. Red for Doc.

8. Nutella Link "Good Catch" from nutella RE: Chuck/Sloonei. Buddying Nutella's suspicion of Chuck in order to (again) slyly defend Sloonei. Looks Green for nutella, Green for Chuck, Red For Sloonei.

9. Doc link Defends Doc by saying "more recently" he's been a civ when he's been inactive/low activity. Who gives a fuck? Red for Doc.

10. Sprityo Link Points out that sprityo is lurking and expresses a desire to lynch him. Green.

11. Doc Link Parrots my anger at Doc. Green for Doc.

I like your trend towards colour breakdowns it's easy to follow. I agree with your thoughts except I'm not sure calling out a lurking sprityo would be a green for me, I'd be more neutral.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 am He also was soft on Doc until Doc decided to fuck himself to the front of the line, so that could be preemptive distancing.
Thi s is referring to sloonei?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Pocketing is what?
Buddying. Having a supatown/town leader/high poster/dangerous player in TH's "back pocket"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:24 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:14 am He also was soft on Doc until Doc decided to fuck himself to the front of the line, so that could be preemptive distancing.
Thi s is referring to sloonei?
Sorry no this is in reference to TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm Hey Sloonei I meant to ask yesterday, but

Idk what you’re talking about, but might I recommend reading the five ISOs I posted to start the day?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Just read sloonei's breakdown of Luna, she's officially a neutral for me but I'd mean towards civ if I had to pick.
My siggie.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”

Linki: very well, I’ll keep that in mind sloon
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm Hey Sloonei I meant to ask yesterday, but

Idk what you’re talking about, but might I recommend reading the five ISOs I posted to start the day?
:shrug: I’ll see if there’s anything I want to read
Banners:
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am DharmaHelper and Turnip Head coordinated their actions at the end of the day I have zero doubt about it. They both tried to tie up the lynch between Wilgy and Wolbre. Turnip Head even moved his vote off of Wolbre (and not directly to Wilgy) to do so.
Checking the lynch screen shot, I'm actually a bit confused. I thought the poll had ended with wolbre up to 9 votes and I could swear both dh and epic had moved their vote s there. Am I dreaming about that, or had you guys moved back to sloonei at the last second?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 am DharmaHelper and Turnip Head coordinated their actions at the end of the day I have zero doubt about it. They both tried to tie up the lynch between Wilgy and Wolbre. Turnip Head even moved his vote off of Wolbre (and not directly to Wilgy) to do so.
Checking the lynch screen shot, I'm actually a bit confused. I thought the poll had ended with wolbre up to 9 votes and I could swear both dh and epic had moved their vote s there. Am I dreaming about that, or had you guys moved back to sloonei at the last second?
I dunno when that poll was screenshotted but it isn't accurate. I switched to Wolbre and announced doing so in the thread. I was like the 6th vote on him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

I never trust flavor posts out of habit (speedchuck and I probably share this) this is a role that can make anyone else they kill reveal as something else. It’s not like I can ask long con “did the trickster for real for real die?”

The answer to your question is that it seems like it would be theoretically possible. If the trickster is bad and killed th and forged it to say th was the trickster and was bad, sure. But... why would they do that? It's interesting that you bring up such a specific question when you have barely participated.
My siggie.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am
Tranq wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 am
Lunalee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 am Nutella died? I haven't seen the end of night post.
Why post before reading the night post? What if you had died?
That would have been a problem, and I have accidentally done that before. I was focused on catching up, and ignored the posts that were being made.
[mention]timmer[/mention]
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm I guess we can reference but not quote. Even still, referencing in certain ways might break the game's immersion (i. e. trying to figure out who knows the name of the mafia factions), which is called Angle Shooting, and is usually seem as bad form.

If I'm a host I'll usually post a copy of the default civ PM in the first page so that players don't try to pull that off.
I didn't see anyone quote a PM, so I was confused by LC's post.

Also, noticing something that could be seen as a slip I don't see as either angle shooting or bad form.

I'm pretty sure the definition of angle shooting is exactly what happened here. Not just looking for slips, but looking for slips related to things from outside the game thread. Comparing host PM knoiwledge, watching when a person was online to see if they sent an action, etc. The game should be limited to things that happen inside the thread.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm
timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:33 pm
I dunno when that poll was screenshotted but it isn't accurate. I switched to Wolbre and announced doing so in the thread. I was like the 6th vote on him.
Thx that matches my memory.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The bold/underlined fucks up your whole point my guy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: TIMMER] aubergine

Hoping to see some more from Tranq but I’m gonna park myself here. I keep wavering on Sloonei so timmer rounds out the top 3.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 pm So I didn’t read into TH being bad or really read at all, but could someone clear out the possibility for me that TH wasn’t forged into being the trickster upon death?

The answer to your question is that it seems like it would be theoretically possible. If the trickster is bad and killed th and forged it to say th was the trickster and was bad, sure. But... why would they do that? It's interesting that you bring up such a specific question when you have barely participated.
The simplest answer is that a mafia person died. If we make that assumption, we can move forward with analyzing TH and sussing out someone to lynch today. If we get all suspicious that TH only flipped bad, and wasn't really bad, then we don't have a clear path forward for today's lynch. I'd rather assume the simplest scenario that TH was bad, and use that information to move forward.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I discuss what I personally deem interesting/important.

Point 1 being I made this role concept the trickster is based off of. And I have most definitely seen it used to make a town flip as mafia looking (@ quin)

Point 2: mechanically speaking the mafia would make the town less on guard, which would further present itself as a problem later on in the game. If the trickster is still alive and can forge roles, the mafia could fake even more kills and possibly their own deaths again.

The only true way to lie detect someone who is now dead is having a mortician or someone to confirm the dead’s identity, aka what I pointed out with lycantha

Until they find TH’s body we won’t be 100% sure that we actually was the trickster
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

At some point today (In game day) I intend to read the people that TH interacted with. I also recognize the "forged" possibility.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

S~V~S wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:11 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Never heard of it; and she WAS an odd choice. Do you think I am wrong, and that she was an obvious choice? Do people not talk about why the NKed may have been killed anymore? Or are they too worried about being labelled with canned "tell" labels to discuss something that may hold some clues.
Personally I don't enjoy it that much because Night Kill Analysis is the mother of all WIFOM. Whether the mafia team will kill someone because they want them gone or to frame someone else as the killer is basically a coinflip.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

But I guess I won't try to stop people from doing it either, like DH says.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:40 pm
LoRab wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:11 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:02 pm I guess we can reference but not quote. Even still, referencing in certain ways might break the game's immersion (i. e. trying to figure out who knows the name of the mafia factions), which is called Angle Shooting, and is usually seem as bad form.

If I'm a host I'll usually post a copy of the default civ PM in the first page so that players don't try to pull that off.
I didn't see anyone quote a PM, so I was confused by LC's post.

Also, noticing something that could be seen as a slip I don't see as either angle shooting or bad form.

I'm pretty sure the definition of angle shooting is exactly what happened here. Not just looking for slips, but looking for slips related to things from outside the game thread. Comparing host PM knoiwledge, watching when a person was online to see if they sent an action, etc. The game should be limited to things that happen inside the thread.
I don’t see all those as the same at all. Different mafia culture and all. I mean, I’ll follow lc’s Rule, but I’m still going to wait for host clarification on my question. Not an explanation of concepts from another player.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

To just reiterate, and flesh out my point about speedchuck:

37 posts.

Voted DDL without explaining why.

There are jokey posts.

Reminiscing about past game posts.

Some light defending of people's tone posts.

An actual comment about scumminess, with zero followup: "On the one hand, Sloonei feels pretty scum to me. On the other hand, Mega Man Mafia. *cringe*"

And that's it for day 1.

Never explained the DDL vote. Never did anything with that vague sloonei post. But had no issues discussing game mechanics etc.

Night 1 asks, of the lynch results: "Who voted for Wolbre? Was Juliets one of them?" Doesn't mention juliets again.

Day 2 yay more game mechanics/mafia pkaystyle chatter.

Sloonei pushes for reads. We get a big post about lots of people that feels like "there, that sounds participatory".

Some rental self defence style posts.

And finally at the end we get some reads but it all feels passive to me.

Speedchuck has never explained the day 1 vote, has not actively suspected anyone, even pulling that sloonei mention beck later on, and seems to be taking game stuff only when questioned.
My siggie.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

Hey guys, I'm really confused by this game, the roles don't have an alignment linked to them. Am I a civvie?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am
How disappointing that nutella died. She was a confident town read for me. I'm so glad the Trickster's gone though, and like S~V~S he wasn't even on my radar.

Sorry I did not get to this last night. I talked with llama and mongoose (who haven't been around in ages) until I fell asleep.

I have a somewhat urgent personal situation this morning so I'm going to throw out some reads and talk more about them when I'm home this afternoon.

I have 3 people I'm looking at as potentially bad: Wilgy, sprityo, and G-Man. I have indicated why I'm suspicious of wilgy and sprit, and indicated I had bad feelings about G. Sloonei did a good job of outlining some of the things I could not articulate. I feel bad if G is having a hard time keeping up but it doesn't change my suspicion.

People I'm reading as civ:

S~V~S because she seems like the old civ S~V~S. She's calling things out as she see's them and was not afraid to call out Luna even though she doesn't know her well. She understood what sig was saying with his bloodthirsty post instead of jumping on him for saying that about her. Bad S~V~S wouldn't have been that understanding.

DDL - In UPick DDL started out by doing some things that seemed a little odd or scummy but it turned out he was an indie who was a key component of the civ win. His tone in this game early on reminded me of that game and still does.

Luna - I so often misread her as bad. In this game her tone reminds me of Hogwarts where she was good. There was something in her posts I liked too but I can't remember it right now and don't have time to look back. I will later though.

Quin - his posts are to the point and several times I found myself agreeing with him. This appears to be civ Quin to me. Sloonei I read your synopsis of him this morning and will go back and bump that up against what I've seen because obviously you know his game a lot better than me, but for now I read him as civ.

timmer - In retrospect I like his post about TH. He saw something when the rest of us saw nothing. I liked his post about how much changing Sloonei had done, it really brought it into focus for me. Reads Luna as good which I do too.

Tranq - his explanation about why he said the poll options seemed meaningless was good Imo. He didn't fault DDL for his role alignment post because it's good to think hard about the role alignments in these map games. Voted DrWilgy again showing he was serious about his vote day 1.

There are a lot of people I have mixed reads on right now.

Sloonei, I maybe just don't play with you enough but I'm still bothered by your attempt to lynch me when you knew I wasn't around and wasn't going to be, after I had been around all day. I understand you didn't get to me until 10:40 but if I was bothering you why not look at me sooner? Also, I'm just wary of the rapid mind changing but am trying to accept that as just part of your style.

DH I want to call you civ. Your tone and spiciness make me think civ but you fooled me so bad last game.

Colin and c-bob I'm getting you mixed up. I need to do a back to back iso. I just don't have an opinion right now.

Dana I would love to see some reads from you.

Enrique haven't seen anything particularly bad or good. I probably need to look harder.

INH where are you? Can you provide some reads?

Jack I need to closely read you. There is enough there that I feel like I should have an opinion.

Kyle I have a hard time reading you. Will look more closely

Lorab have you given any reads yet?

Mac you seem like your civ self, and when you're civ your mafia nose is strong so I need to pay some more close attention to your reads. I know you didn't like my Wilgy vote but thats ok. The only reason your not in my civ category is I'm wary of your ability to fool me.

nova, maybe you should be on my potential baddie list. I know nothing about what you think. I remember you posting an emoji but I don't remember anything else. Could you provide some reads please?

sable, so sweet I want to call you civ. I need to see a little more though.

sig - I feel for sig because in discord he said late last week he had 4 projects and 3 finals coming up (this is when I was asking him to play) so I can understand how he could be distracted. I'd like to see some additional behavior though.

sorsha, I need to see more to have an opinion.

speed - not seeing anything particularly bad or good. Need more behavior and I need to ISO you.

Ok I think that's everyone. I can talk more about this this afternoon but right now I have an urgent appointment and then pt so be back sometime mid afternoon.
This is exactly what was missing from Day 1 juliets. Thank you. Addressing your concerns about me:
Sloonei, I maybe just don't play with you enough but I'm still bothered by your attempt to lynch me when you knew I wasn't around and wasn't going to be, after I had been around all day. I understand you didn't get to me until 10:40 but if I was bothering you why not look at me sooner? Also, I'm just wary of the rapid mind changing but am trying to accept that as just part of your style.
I was unaware when I started to ISO you that you had left for the night. I also had not been bothered by you prior to doing it, hence why I didn't look sooner. I was prompted to look at you by G-man's analysis of the five highest posters at the time. I ISO'd you specifically because I had not had a read on you prior to that moment. I stand by everything that I said in there and would do it again. But this post has nullified some of my concerns.

I'm gonna stick with my vote on G-man for the time being.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] seems to be having a real problem actually being active in the game, due to real life or whatever. I'm not sure how much that affects his actual activity. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like he's a civ, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him bad yet either.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:01 pm To just reiterate, and flesh out my point about speedchuck:

37 posts.

Voted DDL without explaining why.

There are jokey posts.

Reminiscing about past game posts.

Some light defending of people's tone posts.

An actual comment about scumminess, with zero followup: "On the one hand, Sloonei feels pretty scum to me. On the other hand, Mega Man Mafia. *cringe*"

And that's it for day 1.

Never explained the DDL vote. Never did anything with that vague sloonei post. But had no issues discussing game mechanics etc.

Night 1 asks, of the lynch results: "Who voted for Wolbre? Was Juliets one of them?" Doesn't mention juliets again.

Day 2 yay more game mechanics/mafia pkaystyle chatter.

Sloonei pushes for reads. We get a big post about lots of people that feels like "there, that sounds participatory".

Some rental self defence style posts.

And finally at the end we get some reads but it all feels passive to me.

Speedchuck has never explained the day 1 vote, has not actively suspected anyone, even pulling that sloonei mention beck later on, and seems to be taking game stuff only when questioned.
My big concern with this is that speedchuck is a clever baddie. I don't think visibly lazy behavior is a super strong tell from him. Not saying I town read him, but this is what's blocking me from accepting this line of thinking.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm @speedchuck seems to be having a real problem actually being active in the game, due to real life or whatever. I'm not sure how much that affects his actual activity. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like he's a civ, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him bad yet either.
jinx
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

On juliets, so we believe her post (the one Sloonei just quoted) is actual demonstration of civviness or is it possible she just make that in a rush because she was prompted? As in, the legendary "player salad"? Currently entertaining that thought.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm @speedchuck seems to be having a real problem actually being active in the game, due to real life or whatever. I'm not sure how much that affects his actual activity. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like he's a civ, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call him bad yet either.
jinx
What
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm... I take that under advisement, then. I'll leave my vote but I won't actively push it until I hear from speedchuck in reply.
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”