Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 3]

Post by ColinIsCool »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:54 am I saw a few people still accusing me. I wonder is it based on any kind of actual argument or just the crazy lady who people are very much interpreting incorrectly. Also just want to know if that info came from the hosts then how was it able to be shared in the thread as a direct quote? Isn't that not allowed? If people think I'm bad because I voted wilgy I made an argument for why I thought he was bad. I also wasnt the only one who believed he was bad. As a civ you go off what you think is baddie behavior but you dont know for sure. It was an honest mistake. Unless there was some trickery going on but again that also is uncertain.
“I’m not scum and the info is wrong, but if it’s not, isn’t it against the rules to reveal it?”

Tantalizing as other lynches may be, I really don’t see myself voting for anyone but Sabie today.

[VOTE: SABIE] aubergine
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:29 am
sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:54 am I saw a few people still accusing me. I wonder is it based on any kind of actual argument or just the crazy lady who people are very much interpreting incorrectly. Also just want to know if that info came from the hosts then how was it able to be shared in the thread as a direct quote? Isn't that not allowed? If people think I'm bad because I voted wilgy I made an argument for why I thought he was bad. I also wasnt the only one who believed he was bad. As a civ you go off what you think is baddie behavior but you dont know for sure. It was an honest mistake. Unless there was some trickery going on but again that also is uncertain.
“I’m not scum and the info is wrong, but if it’s not, isn’t it against the rules to reveal it?”

Tantalizing as other lynches may be, I really don’t see myself voting for anyone but Sabie today.

No you misinderstand why I asked that. I asked if they werent supposed to directly quote the message then maybe the message wasnt actually directly quoted. As in it could have been misconstrued. Like paraphrasing things to make it sound different on purpose. If that was the wording though I still see it as meaning there was a baddie next to me. I'm just saying people are very quick to believe their interpretation of what may have been said by a mad old lady on the woods rather than put together any kind of actual argument against me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

The host post implies two scum tried to kill DH. Like maybe a block and kill or a kill and doc the hitman.

If this is true, I have reason to believe 2 of these players tried to kill DH last night: sprityo, timmer, nova, colonialbob, speedchuck, sig.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Depending on a number of things, the actual killer might be confined to Sprityo, Speedchuck, Sig.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am Without going into ISOs I remember SVS gave me shit for the way I was attacking juliets. I think Cbob also did, though I'm not sure if it was specifically related to juliets or someone else. I'm gonna look at those guys today.
And I would give you shit for that again. As I said previously, I feel that attacking people at EOD when they have clearly said they will not be around is not well done. As I told Sloonei, if someone presented a case she could refute I would have been happy to entertain it, as I tend to auto civ read her. But yeah, I disliked an EOD attack on someone who had had no prior suspish against them when they were not there to defend.

Come at me dude :noble: I yam what I yam and all that jazz.
LoRab wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:02 am What are the actual seats of baddies dying 2 nights in a row? In particular on nights 1 and 2? I’m so used to games where night kills aren’t revealed that I’m actually not sure.

And an alternate theory: what if the trickster is an Indy role who kills every night? Juleit’s Death doesn’t read as a baddie dying. Not to mention that we have no idea who is killling. Personally, I’m Not going to push that people aren’t who they seem, but I’m not going to personally make that assumption. And I personally believe it’s a dangerous assumption to make.

Strongly leaning towards an INH vote. Possibly sabie.
The first page and the Night Post says TH was a member of the Remnant and Juliets was a Jagged Blade. That is what I plan on going with.

I do believe TH was who the post said he was, but people should believe what works for them. I just meant that I personally don't plan on being all, "OMG Trickster" after every NK, there lies insanity.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:08 am The host post implies two scum tried to kill DH. Like maybe a block and kill or a kill and doc the hitman.

If this is true, I have reason to believe 2 of these players tried to kill DH last night: sprityo, timmer, nova, colonialbob, speedchuck, sig.
nova is playing ???
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq obviously still scum. Flipping my opinion of Mac somewhat.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Did Mac say he would be afk? He only posted once after the night post, and that is very different to his normal pattern. I am wondering if he was silenced, maybe picked up his PM late?

I would think he would have had a lot to say about the lynch results, and am surprised he was so quiet.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:08 am The host post implies two scum tried to kill DH. Like maybe a block and kill or a kill and doc the hitman.

nova is playing ???
Not too sure about this.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Darth Malignus can publicly silence someone. We'd know if someone got silenced.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am Tranq obviously still scum. Flipping my opinion of Mac somewhat.
How do i flip your opinion of Mac if you think we're opposing scum?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:25 am Sorry Sloo lol
This is his last post, and I see that he voted for INH without posting it.

I am going top post a vote for INH at this time in solidarity with Mac, that may change, I want to reread Sabie as well. It's early, yesterday I changed my vote maybe 3-4 times?

[VOTE: Insertnamehere] aubergine

Linki [mention]Tranq[/mention] , hrm, weird. Mac generally posts a ton after the posts as it is daytime where he lives at that time. Not at all like him to vote with no post.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am Without going into ISOs I remember SVS gave me shit for the way I was attacking juliets. I think Cbob also did, though I'm not sure if it was specifically related to juliets or someone else. I'm gonna look at those guys today.
And I would give you shit for that again. As I said previously, I feel that attacking people at EOD when they have clearly said they will not be around is not well done. As I told Sloonei, if someone presented a case she could refute I would have been happy to entertain it, as I tend to auto civ read her. But yeah, I disliked an EOD attack on someone who had had no prior suspish against them when they were not there to defend.

The way I look at it the game has 24/48 hours so that we don't have to care if someone is around or not. Which is why I also dislike the way a lot of people tend to do all their gameplay in the last 2 hours. Sometimes I miss non-changable votes tbh.

I don't really want to argue about this though, and iirc this wasn't the reason you gave me to suspect me at the time. I need to look at your posts first.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 am
S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

The way I look at it the game has 24/48 hours so that we don't have to care if someone is around or not. Which is why I also dislike the way a lot of people tend to do all their gameplay in the last 2 hours. Sometimes I miss non-changable votes tbh.

I don't really want to argue about this though, and iirc this wasn't the reason you gave me to suspect me at the time. I need to look at your posts first.
We should care if a person has taken no suspicion and after they have clearly said they will not be around EOD, takes their first suspicion right before EOD, regardless of how long the day is. I am also not a fan of suspecting Juliets for being nice and passive, which was your weird reasoning for wanting to lynch her. You would not come out and say you suspected her, but you kept pushijng suspicion at her anyhow. It was weird, I saw it that way at the time, and I said so.

Again, I would still find it odd, the way you went about it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:20 am Darth Malignus can publicly silence someone. We'd know if someone got silenced.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am Tranq obviously still scum. Flipping my opinion of Mac somewhat.
How do i flip your opinion of Mac if you think we're opposing scum?
You don’t. Mac does. I think he may be town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have a weird meta reason to think Speed isn’t bad. I’ve gotten him lynched or tried to several games in a row. Like 4 games in a row. We shared a square. I’ve expressed suspicion of him. Yet here I stand.

With that in mind, I should vote Sprityo or Sig.

Sprityo May have killed Nutella. With that in mind, I should vote Sprityo.

[VOTE: Sprityo] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh I forgot INH basically scumclaimed. Eh. Let’s not squash discussion yet.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

I put a placeholder vote on nova. I won't have access to all the pages of this thread, but I have access to this one (for now).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:29 am

No you misinderstand why I asked that. I asked if they werent supposed to directly quote the message then maybe the message wasnt actually directly quoted. As in it could have been misconstrued. Like paraphrasing things to make it sound different on purpose. If that was the wording though I still see it as meaning there was a baddie next to me. I'm just saying people are very quick to believe their interpretation of what may have been said by a mad old lady on the woods rather than put together any kind of actual argument against me.
We are not very quick to believe that interpretation--we lynched someone else based on a different interpretation yesterday. And while Wilgy could be Hollow Man, your response here pings my suspiciometer.

Instead of saying that the info from the crazy old lady could be wrong, and I'm not bad. You say that the info from the crazy lady could be wrong, and people are just believing it and not making a case.

That makes me think that you are bad.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 am I have a weird meta reason to think Speed isn’t bad. I’ve gotten him lynched or tried to several games in a row. Like 4 games in a row. We shared a square. I’ve expressed suspicion of him. Yet here I stand.

You just said "Tranq is obviously scum" then you vote Sprityo who "may" have killed someone.
Since when is "may" a stronger statement than "obviously"? How does this make sense?

I'm changing my vote to Jack.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tranq, I still have trouble believing you found something called the "Mirror of Truth" that told you "Wilgy may be bad." That's like the most pointless thing ever.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 am Tranq, I still have trouble believing you found something called the "Mirror of Truth" that told you "Wilgy may be bad." That's like the most pointless thing ever.
Agreed.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:57 am Tranq, I still have trouble believing you found something called the "Mirror of Truth" that told you "Wilgy may be bad." That's like the most pointless thing ever.
I already said "may be bad" isn't the exact wording.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 am I have a weird meta reason to think Speed isn’t bad. I’ve gotten him lynched or tried to several games in a row. Like 4 games in a row. We shared a square. I’ve expressed suspicion of him. Yet here I stand.

You just said "Tranq is obviously scum" then you vote Sprityo who "may" have killed someone.
Since when is "may" a stronger statement than "obviously"? How does this make sense?

Because I trust my info more than my gut. :kadaj:

Your reaction to this is incredibly scummy. Like you’d lynch a cop over the player they red peeked. Or over the player who claimed scum. Or the one who fake claimed to get a townie lynched.

(I’m not claiming cop. The metaphor just became more literal as it went on.)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tranq after stumbling upon the Mirror of Truth:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Doing it to mislynch bait Wilgy and then being like “maybe the flip was forged” is weak af.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

In response to the notion that there’s no real case against Sabie other than the old lady: I’ve made a few comments when I read something pingy, but the gist is that I think the way Sabie has reacted to pressure and to the alleged info is really scummy. You can go read her ISO and decide for yourself.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:06 am

Your infodump says "1 out of these 3 killed nutella". You used your gut to eliminate speedchuck. Then it's between Sprityo and Sig and you pick the one with the least amount of suspicion to vote for? Why Sprityo over Sig? What if your info is wrong?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The Mirror of Ambiguous Possibilities
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:26 am
The Mirror of Ambiguous Possibilities
I gaze into that every morning. :why:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am Depending on a number of things, the actual killer might be confined to Sprityo, Speedchuck, Sig.
Are you sure you can count on that number of things?

Also aren't there two people who attacked DH?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:17 am In response to the notion that there’s no real case against Sabie other than the old lady: I’ve made a few comments when I read something pingy, but the gist is that I think the way Sabie has reacted to pressure and to the alleged info is really scummy. You can go read her ISO and decide for yourself.
So if I'm too calm and confident in saying I'm not bad that makes me bad and if I defend myself that makes me bad. I just believe someone is trying to frame me and they are using this old lady info and just running with it. No one even responds to any of my accusations or thoughts on anything. Everyone just says an old woman used sabie and jagged blade in the same sentence let's just go make assumptions from that to make a case against sabie and mislynch her.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:17 am In response to the notion that there’s no real case against Sabie other than the old lady: I’ve made a few comments when I read something pingy, but the gist is that I think the way Sabie has reacted to pressure and to the alleged info is really scummy. You can go read her ISO and decide for yourself.
So if I'm too calm and confident in saying I'm not bad that makes me bad and if I defend myself that makes me bad. I just believe someone is trying to frame me and they are using this old lady info and just running with it. No one even responds to any of my accusations or thoughts on anything. Everyone just says an old woman used sabie and jagged blade in the same sentence let's just go make assumptions from that to make a case against sabie and mislynch her.
I am responding to you.

Defending yourself doesn’t make you look bad, but changing the defense again and again because what we know doesn’t match up does, and I think you’ve done that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am Depending on a number of things, the actual killer might be confined to Sprityo, Speedchuck, Sig.

Call me 85% sure of the things.

Yeah and they appear to be aligned so they probably didn’t both nightkill DH. Regardless, I put the second scum player almost certainly in the larger group.

Better to lynch from a 1 or 2 out of 2 person POE than a 2 out of 6 POE.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am

Your infodump says "1 out of these 3 killed nutella". You used your gut to eliminate speedchuck. Then it's between Sprityo and Sig and you pick the one with the least amount of suspicion to vote for? Why Sprityo over Sig? What if your info is wrong?
My info is on who tried to kill DH. Sprityo is also on Sloonei’s tried to kill Nutella list. Two chances on Sprityo. Only one on Sig. is there a reason to be suspicious of Sig outside of this?

Idk. What do we do if your info is wrong. My info isn’t stopped by anything I see on the front page. Not Hollowman. Not Trickster.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Would love a consolidated summary of every info based case.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:49 am

Yeah and they appear to be aligned so they probably didn’t both nightkill DH. Regardless, I put the second scum player almost certainly in the larger group.

I'm leaning more towards sig on this one from what I have seen. I think sig targeted dh
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Cause I feel like we have 5+ good lynch options today and imma forget one.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pmMy info isn’t stopped by anything I see on the front page. Not Hollowman. Not Trickster.
What about the 11 roles with *secrets* ?
What about certain squares that may mess with the info?
What about certain items that may mess with the info?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:25 am Ha! I knew you were bad or something DH.

Ish.
Seconded
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pmMy info isn’t stopped by anything I see on the front page. Not Hollowman. Not Trickster.
I guess we should just ignore info then, huh? :kadaj:

Where was this skepticism yesterday? You trusted your own info even after Wilgy flipped town.

Sounds to me like you want to discredit my info cause you don’t want me to lynch your buddies.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What about mirrors that be like

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Where was this skepticism yesterday? You trusted your own info even after Wilgy flipped town.

Sounds to me like you want to discredit my info cause you don’t want me to lynch your buddies.
I had thread evidence on Wilgy aswell. Also today is a slow day at work so I have some spare time to check in.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:49 am

I'm leaning more towards sig on this one from what I have seen. I think sig targeted dh
I thought you thought sprityo was framing you with the old woman information?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

God I wish it were me, but my role doesn’t have a kill, let alone a way to track down DH and murder his incorporeal body

On top of that I already guaranteed DH that if I was Mafia I would kill him night one, before the game even started :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

May is a good month, but not my favorite

Why would I kill Nutella. And why would you think I kill Nutella?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:01 am
I already said "may be bad" isn't the exact wording.
What is the exact wording then?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:09 pm

I had thread evidence on Wilgy aswell. Also today is a slow day at work so I have some spare time to check in.
Okay, sure. The guy who has been mislynched like seven games running and you figured out he was bad from the thread. Right.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oh? So you’re saying I was within the kill radius of Nutella when she died? Is that what you’re implying? Gee golly how could you know that info?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:18 pm
God I wish it were me, but my role doesn’t have a kill, let alone a way to track down DH and murder his incorporeal body

On top of that I already guaranteed DH that if I was Mafia I would kill him night one, before the game even started :haha:
Maybe you were too far away.
sprityo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 pm

May is a good month, but not my favorite

Why would I kill Nutella. And why would you think I kill Nutella?
Let me explain how a mafia works...

Cause Sloonei said it was a possibility.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am

My info is on who tried to kill DH. Sprityo is also on Sloonei’s tried to kill Nutella list. Two chances on Sprityo. Only one on Sig. is there a reason to be suspicious of Sig outside of this?

Idk. What do we do if your info is wrong. My info isn’t stopped by anything I see on the front page. Not Hollowman. Not Trickster.
Curiouser and curiouser
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”