71%

Total votes: 17
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 4]

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 pm For Jeopardy today, I asked what word fit these three things: Goose, Theresa, Nature.

The kid answered "Fucker."

Goose? Really?
He meant "What is Fucker"
I'm hoping there was some sort of subconscious association, since the correct answer was "Mother."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

IDK I've never heard of Goose Mother
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 pm IDK I've never heard of Goose Mother
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Cool Cataclysm jams

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm Cool Cataclysm jams
The first three letters in that word are "CAT."

:ponder:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Meow

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I like Jethro tull. I was a flute player myself.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 pm I like Jethro tull. I was a flute player myself.
Nice stuff.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Tonight's the night the magical bombs drop. They will wash away the old world and we will be reborn.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have no clue what ~80% of the posts in this thread are about, and yet, I have read them all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:48 pm I like Jethro tull. I was a flute player myself.
Favorite album?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 pm
Favorite album?
I know its stereotypical but aqualung because my dad would play it on his record player for me when I was a kid so I remember listening to that with him a lot.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:55 pm I have no clue what ~80% of the posts in this thread are about, and yet, I have read them all.
I feel like that too because everyone has a bunch of inside jokes or played a lot of games together and I'm over here like I missed out on a bunch of stuff.
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:43 pm
Favorite album?
I know its stereotypical but aqualung because my dad would play it on his record player for me when I was a kid so I remember listening to that with him a lot.
Minstrel in the Gallery for me, followed by A Passion Play.

thellama73 and I started a Jethro Tull Mafia years ago but never finished it. Maybe we could get it going again.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Favorite album?

thellama73 and I started a Jethro Tull Mafia years ago but never finished it. Maybe we could get it going again.

I'd be down to play that. I've played at least one llama game before.
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 pm
Favorite album?

I'd be down to play that. I've played at least one llama game before.
We all have, dear, whether in body or in spirit.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Waiting for that Cataclysm like

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:21 pm Waiting for that Cataclysm like

You're a statue. You're already an erection.

You can't get an erection.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Technically I'm the flacid Spirit of the statue

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 pm Technically I'm the flacid Spirit of the statue
That's true I guess.

I hope the civilians find your hidden ED tablets.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Asunder - Living Statue

Post by Long Con »

Stone and Spirit

The Spirit of the Living Statue stood silently amongst his new friends and their unicorn compatriots. Ever since his...shattering...he’d been prone to quiet reflection, but until now planning with his friends and the incessant prancing and chattering from the unicorns left little time for respite. He focused, quieting his mind, and soon the world around him seemed to burn away, licked by green ethereal flames. The hills, the sky, and everything in between melted and faded away, replaced by a thick, ghostly fog.

Beyond the fog, the Statue could sense the pieces of himself. They called out to him mournfully...aching. Soon the calls grew louder, closer, and as shadows began to form in the mist, the fog broke, revealing multiple exact copies of the Statues form. Each copy burned with a different color of the same ethereal fire. Three copies – one blue, one red, and the third and final clone burned an impossibly bright black. Silently they approached as they had done so many times before, and the Statue greeted them all in turn as he’d done those times past. They were he, and he was each of them. Pieces of each other, broken and yet made stronger and more concentrated as a result of their...separation.

“You all heard the call.” said Blue. “I thought it was one of us, but it wasn’t. It’s...different.” Blue’s voice was soft. Meek. Each word seemed to fall forward into the world like thick honey.

Red shot a look between his three brothers...selves...and chimed in with a harsh, sharp tone.

“What fools we are. We’ve been broken, scattered to the many winds, embarrassed. Humiliated. Made to serve, and now this….this call… Who summons us, my brothers and I?”

For a moment, the Living Statue waited quietly to see if Black would speak. He did not, and the Living Statue took that as his cue.

“I hear it even now.” he said. “Some….thing beckons us. But we must not let it distract us from our goal. We must reunite, my brothers. We must be one again.”

“No.” came the deep, chilling response from Black. His voice, unlike those of his other selves, reverberated throughout the endless space they’d carved out of this reality to make their meetings in peace. Like the cold grasp of winter wrapping its fingers tightly around the throat of spring, it terrified the others. Though they would never openly admit to being utterly horrified of their own self.

“The Gods have laid us bare.” Black went on. “Now is not the time to serve. The whole of the realm sees us as we are. They believe, with our very being exposed, we cannot have an agenda. But that will be their undoing. It is precisely because we have no Master yet to serve that we must act. Not to serve any one Master, but to serve ourselves. This calling….we must answer. There is coming a great darkness. A devastation. A…..Cataclysm.”

Blue, shivering, spoke up once more. “How do you know so much, brother? Wait...never mind, I don’t want to know. There's... there's someone here with me now. I don't know what's going to happen. Even still, what are we to do? How is this...this Cataclysm meant to help us?”

“Help us?” Red spat. “We are beyond help. All that is left for us now is do drive the rest of the Realm apart. To break it as we have been broken. Black is right, we must answer. We’ll see how they like being torn apart.”

The Living Statue held up his hand, trying desperately to regain control of himself. A monumental task given the nature of his current state.

“I have met with two living souls. They have agreed to help us reunite. A plan is in motion, one we cannot jeopardize with petty revenge schemes!”

Blue spoke again. "But I think someone is-"

“No.” Again, Black interjected, ignoring Blue, although this time he did not follow up with a grand speech.

“Please, you have to give them a chance to help us.” The Living Statue pleaded with himself. This time, Red called out.

“No.”

Blue, sensing his brothers’ eyes on him, let out a deep, soulful sigh. “No.”

Their minds appeared made up, and the Living Statue felt the shift in his own mood. His doubts and misgivings washed away, replaced by strong resolve.

“Fine. But how?”

“The Call.” said Black.

“Yes, the Call.” Red agreed.

“Not a Call, a Question.” remarked Blue.

The Call...or the Question...they referred to came in the night. Carried by the wind itself, it posed… possibilities about the future of the realm. One such possibility, as Black had already mentioned, was the Cataclysm. With all of his pieces working of the same mind, the Living Statue could feel his thoughts becoming more clear...more focused.

“We cannot bring about this Cataclysm alone.” said Blue.

“No.” called out Black, “We will need others. Many.”

“So we will go out into the realm. Corrupt their minds. Cloud their judgment. Convince them to join their voices to the Call.” Red laid out their plan, and the others nodded their assent.

The Living Statue felt a twinge of concern. “We’ve never been able to do that kind of magic before.”

“Ah my dear sweet brother.” Black shook his head.

“There’s a first time for everything.”
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Asunder - Cataclysm!

Post by Long Con »

Cataclysm!

"Where is Cul-Thezn?" Dark Willow stormed into the Council of the Gods, her eyes burning. "I know he is interfering in My realm, and I will see him suffer for it!"

"Haven't seen him, dear," answered Almanpeus in crystalline condescension. "Is he playing in your sandbox? My, what a bad boy..."

Willow narrowed her dark eyes. "I'm warning you, glass whore, you don't want to upset me any more than I already am. Where is he?"

Almanpeus leaned close, her crystal facets glinting and sparkling in an achingly beautiful way. "What did you call me, godling?"

Dark Willow didn't answer. Instead, she brought forth a blast of pure darkness, striking Almanpeus in the chest and tumbling her backwards. She floated forward, hands crackling with black energy.

Almanpeus rose up ferociously, stomping her foot to send out oscillating rings of plasma, sending Willow to one knee briefly. "How DARE you strike me, pathetic ex-mortal?!" She held up a hand, and orange energy gathered within her outstretched palm. "If it's violence you want, I know just how to hurt you!"

Willow raised her arms defensively, but Almanpeus didn't attack her. She realized too late what Almanpeus' intentions were.

"No!!" she cried, as Almanpeus loosed fiery rocks from the heavens upon the Realm. Meteor after meteor slammed down from the sky, causing Civilian and baddie alike to shriek in fear and run for cover like frightened children.

"No!" she shouted again, but her protests did nothing to stop the assault. Trembling in shock and rage, she could feel tears streaking down her white visage, and she heard Almanpeus' snide voice behind her.

"Call it a lesson in godhood, dear," said Almanpeus as she left the council room. "Everyone loves a good Cataclysm!"

"But we already had a Cataclysm..." Dark Willow said softly, looking sadly at her crippled and corrupted Realm.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Asunder - Night 5

Post by Long Con »

And The World Burns

Kyle could sense something was wrong. The air had gone eerily quiet, and his hackles were rising in tension. Someone was closeby - Kyle could smell them. He wasn't too worried about that, for he could easily defend himself... there was something else.

He realized quickly what it was as he looked up to see streaks of fire across the dark sky. Huge flaming boulders began to plummet, striking the ground all around him. Instantly the air was filled with smoke and dust, and the ground shook as though a large earthquake was occurring. As the ground started to split beneath him, Kyle leapt out, powerful muscles leaping from rock to rock as they rose and fell from the unstable hillside.

While Kyle was in midair, jumping, a fiery rock pillar suddenly smashed up from the ground, slamming into him and tossing him to the earth, writhing in pain. He tried to get up, but the agony in his back was too much, and it was all he could do to stay conscious.

"Well, this was easy," came a voice from behind him. The assassin leapt forward, plunging a wicked knife into Kylemii's throat as he tried feebly to defend himself.

G-Man watched from a small cave as the fire from heaven scorched the Realm. He had heard stories of the first Cataclysm, but this seemed worse than any of them. Could this be the end of the Realm entirely?

He was surprised when a small man in a dark cloak staggered into the cave. The man stopped suddenly, seeming surprised to see the cave occupied. He tried to speak, but instead collapsed to the ground.

G-Man quickly went to help the man, bringing him further in to the safety of the cave. After a few minutes, the man regained full consciousness, and thanked G-Man. "You are a true friend," he said, reaching to his backpack. "I have a special vintage here if you'd like to celebrate with me."

G-man grinned. "How can I say no to such an offer?" He poured the flask into two goblets. Each man held the goblet up and put it to his lips, but only G-Man truly drank. He didn't even realize, as he grew quickly tired, that anything was wrong. The poison that corrupted his body was a particularly deadly strain, and he leaned back one final time to close his eyes for a second, and his body simply shut down painlessly.

His killer poured out the glass, and moved further into the shelter of the cave to ride out the cataclysmic storm that was rocking the land.

A meteor slammed to the earth, not far from where sprityo's body lay. He was launched into the air, limbs akimbo, and he landed in an awkward twist. His eyelid fluttered, and his heart began to beat softly.

Kylemii has been killed! He was Lycanthra, a Civilian.

G-Man has been killed! He was Yin, a Civilian.

sprityo has come back to life!
DharmaHelper

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 5]

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

you know i didnt say anything because lol but for future reference never do anything dharmahelper is obviously trying to get you to do
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pour one out for G-Man. You will be remembered my friend.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

G-Man had a pretty rough go of it
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 am you know i didnt say anything because lol but for future reference never do anything dharmahelper is obviously trying to get you to do
It's lit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Me: Cataclysm is a bad idea.
Lots of other people: Nah, let's listen to the neutral guy who increasingly was likely to be recruited by evil (based entirely on numbers).

Result: A whole lot of crapweasel.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What exactly is wrong with the cataclysm? It's fun and fanciful new stuff.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

:(
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:05 am What exactly is wrong with the cataclysm? It's fun and fanciful new stuff.
Doesn't look bad to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Some squares have been destroyed completely, and some have been corrupted.

You cannot enter a destroyed square. Those who moved to destroyed squares have been randomly blown to one of the eight surrounding squares.

A corrupted square still functions, but whatever it did before, it will now do something, basically, more harmful. In the same theme as the original square; just in a bad way.

Still sending out PMs, and I haven't even given my flying peeps their movements yet. Please be patient, DH's party made things a little harder just this time. I'm working on it. Try to stay chill and not do anything drastic until I have let you know that all the PMs have been sent, etc.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:05 am What exactly is wrong with the cataclysm? It's fun and fanciful new stuff.
Have you looked at the map?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] and [mention]Black Rock[/mention] :

Can the cataclysm be undone?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 am
Yes. So?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 am
Yes. So?
Did you read LC's post? That doesn't seem negative to you?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 am @Long Con and @Black Rock :

What is done cannot be undone. The world burns, but soon the fires will die out and from the ashes will be born a new age.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

somebody hook me up with a game I can replace into or sign up for; I'm bored
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 am @Long Con and @Black Rock :

:feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:13 am somebody hook me up with a game I can replace into or sign up for; I'm bored
INH is hosting a game and so is TH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:58 am you know i didnt say anything because lol but for future reference never do anything dharmahelper is obviously trying to get you to do
Don't get me started...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 am
Yes. So?
Did you read LC's post? That doesn't seem negative to you?
Negative in what sense? That it's a negative thematic experience or that it makes it harder for us to win?

Because I don't think it's the latter.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

What if there was a location that would let you get undarknessed and now it's all broken?
Spoiler: show
:suspish:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't think the Cataclysm is negative in any sense. This world was fucked before the Cataclysm. Now, it's going to be better.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:07 am Some squares have been destroyed completely, and some have been corrupted.

You cannot enter a destroyed square. Those who moved to destroyed squares have been randomly blown to one of the eight surrounding squares.

A corrupted square still functions, but whatever it did before, it will now do something, basically, more harmful. In the same theme as the original square; just in a bad way.

Still sending out PMs, and I haven't even given my flying peeps their movements yet. Please be patient, DH's party made things a little harder just this time. I'm working on it. Try to stay chill and not do anything drastic until I have let you know that all the PMs have been sent, etc.
That does not sound helpful. Not to mention all of the squares that are destroyed that could have been, I don't know, helpful. It hink it absolutely makes it more difficult to win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:21 am
What if there was a location that would let you get undarknessed and now it's all broken?
Spoiler: show
:suspish:

What if there was a square that had a leper that raped you in it that got blown up and now there is no rapist leper?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I mean, maybe I'm just a pool have full kind of statue.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:24 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:07 am Some squares have been destroyed completely, and some have been corrupted.

That does not sound helpful. Not to mention all of the squares that are destroyed that could have been, I don't know, helpful. It hink it absolutely makes it more difficult to win.
I am pretty sure that the harm that these squares are gonna cause people will affect the bad guys as well as the good guys so ... nah.

LC isn't gonna just active some mid game experience that tilts the game in favour of the bad guys. That's preposterous.

Return to “Previous Jobs”