Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 7]

Post by MacDougall »

Me too! Jack is my alibi! Jack tell the thread that I am a civilian please.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

And no I can't point to any specific moment I was like "damn I'm so civ" because I wasn't thinking about appearing civ because I am civ so I don't have to worry about trying to blend
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Usually after 7 grueling days of role madness there's at least some parts of the game where you were being a good and obvious civ when you are one.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

There probably are some, I just don't have them on the top of my head because it's not something I've been thinking about
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I mean for that matter who's left that you can point to as having "damn that's definitely a civ" moments
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Besides DH obvi
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:53 pm I mean for that matter who's left that you can point to as having "damn that's definitely a civ" moments
You got me, everyone is Mafia.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 pm And no I can't point to any specific moment I was like "damn I'm so civ" because I wasn't thinking about appearing civ because I am civ so I don't have to worry about trying to blend
Idk if that's true? As I civ I am still very concerned about appearing civ too. Mislynches are real common and there's lots of manipulation happening all the time. You can't just not care about how you're perceived no matter what role you are, I don't think that's how this game works.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

As a civ*
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dana wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:55 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:50 pm And no I can't point to any specific moment I was like "damn I'm so civ" because I wasn't thinking about appearing civ because I am civ so I don't have to worry about trying to blend
Idk if that's true? As I civ I am still very concerned about appearing civ too. Mislynches are real common and there's lots of manipulation happening all the time. You can't just not care about how you're perceived no matter what role you are, I don't think that's how this game works.
*shrug* that's generally how I play, and it usually works well. I hunt for mafia and the rest will generally sort itself out. I'm much more concerned about my appearance when I'm bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColonialBob - Hasn't cared about how civvie he has looked and yet hasn't drawn as much as a single suspicion all game.

Lol. I'm off for a while later.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:45 pm Anyway his case is rested. Thank you CorruptableBob.

My case is as follows:

If you look for an argument to favour ColonialBob being a civilian, you will not find one. ColonialBob has been just ... there. In the background moving the dialogue, casting his votes, influencing play. No stake in the ground. He has played no part in any of the major moments of the game. He has been on the fringe of things. Nobody knows a thing about him, he has received very little suspicion.

ColonialBob, feeling the pressure of process of elimination and seeing the opposing Mafia destroyed and their last holdout chirping like a canary in the thread, is freaking out. He, like me, knows who everyone else is. He sees civilians agreeing to trust me. He knows his goose is cooked if he doesn't say something right now. So he does. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Look in your heart of hearts and give me a reason why ColonialBob is a civilian.
:confused:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 am Also Epignosis was The Hunger and he's also The Darkness. He's anti-town as fuck so I'd also like to lynch him at earliest convenience.
I'm barely following along here, but as I catch up, I'll just stop and say... da fuq? Epig is both?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:44 am Also Epignosis was The Hunger and he's also The Darkness. He's anti-town as fuck so I'd also like to lynch him at earliest convenience.
I'm barely following along here, but as I catch up, I'll just stop and say... da fuq? Epig is both?
I'm your grandmother's jewelry. Flashy, nothing anybody wants, and obsolete.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 1]

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:26 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 am I think Tranq is the Dark Worshipper and I think he killed Lorab and Sorsha. I also think he has been trying to lure Dana to him so he can sacrifice her to finish his weird ass win con.
Nope, none of these things. I'm a civ. My weird ass stuff ended when i failed the Day 3 lynch.
Your Epignosis theory sounds believable, though i'd rather focus on lynching an actual baddie.
Someone using an item or a square could've sent you a message.
"An actual baddie" isn't what we would call amalgamation of the hunger and the darkness?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 am Tranq or INH killed sorsha I am sure of it.
This needs to be cleared up, for me. I've been spotty for the last while here... the last I remember about these two, they both claimed to be the same role with the same win condition, except one of them was actually the role that copies other roles, and this is what he got stuck into that day?

So, how does that fit with this. Which of them was the mimic, versus which was the goofy win con role? And if they killed, does that mean the mimic is currently bad? When does he turn back to good?

Frankly, that's a role that eventually has to get removed, or does it? That's the most confusing role idea I've ever seen.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 am RIP Enrique. Sorsha I'm not so sure about. If that old lady thing were to be believed those two were the ones I thought but I didnt share on the off chance I was right and got killed off or wrong and we lynched another civ. Now we dont even know for sure on sorsha. I do wonder why dana and inh keep saying they're alone when they've been hanging out for the past two days. And DH and DDL were hanging too so not sure how much we should trust anything DH says.
This isn't a good look for Dana.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 am Tranq or INH killed sorsha I am sure of it.
This needs to be cleared up, for me. I've been spotty for the last while here... the last I remember about these two, they both claimed to be the same role with the same win condition, except one of them was actually the role that copies other roles, and this is what he got stuck into that day?

So, how does that fit with this. Which of them was the mimic, versus which was the goofy win con role? And if they killed, does that mean the mimic is currently bad? When does he turn back to good?

Frankly, that's a role that eventually has to get removed, or does it? That's the most confusing role idea I've ever seen.
Maybe you should read a little more before you post.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 am
Hmm. I didn't kill Sorsha. INH being Dark Worshipper would actually explain something.
Is he not the mimic role?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:42 am

If I don't backtrack and read this shit, I'm going to be lost forever.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

[mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] im ready to be recruited
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:45 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:42 am

If I don't backtrack and read this shit, I'm going to be lost forever.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm For the uninitiated:

1. I am Jagged Blade. So is speedchuck, sorsha and juliets (obvs).
2. We killed Turnip Head.
3. We didn't kill Kylemii.
4. Epignosis stripped my win condition on night 2 so I can't win as Mafia.
5. Epignosis as The Hunger joined our team (at the time we didn't know it was him). We were given the chance to send him a message to prevent him hungering us. Someone (not me) sent him a message that effectively revealed all of us to him.
6. Epi left the team and then info dumped our names to the thread.
7. I by process of elimination due to being able to see most of the players positions every night have worked out who the Mafia are.
8. I know there are alternate wincons around.
9. I am asking you to let me live til I am the last Mafia standing to give me long enough to maybe find a benign 3p win con. Which I already have been searching for and have a clue on how to find.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ah, that seems like a pretty big thing to catch up to, I see your point!

Ok, I'm taking to bed. Will leave a speedchuck vote, and finish up in the morning.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And dammit I called speedchuck EARLY. why did no one listen lol (cuz my case was incomplete, I know)
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i called epi bad early and not only was i double-right but in not listening to me an entire mafia team was outted at once that must suck
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

for mafia i mean
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm 9. I am asking you to let me live til I am the last Mafia standing to give me long enough to maybe find a benign 3p win con. Which I already have been searching for and have a clue on how to find.
Kill a Corrupt Remnant tonight and I'll fully support you on this.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

well this boat capsized pretty quickly :haha:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:56 pm Speedchuck is unfortunately very unwell and is going back to the hospital today so please keep him in your thoughts and direct positive energy his way.
Hope you get better soon, speedchuck!
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I feel bad about speed being sickly! If anyone talks to him please tell him I said get well soon. I know how horrible it is to have to be in the hospital especially this time of year.

I believe sorsha was a jagged blade because that whole old lady thing was probably referring to her. I am inclined to believe that speedchuck also is bad.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I'm pretty sure he is saying this because they were within range to kill sorsha rather than all that weird fighting over who gets lynched stuff though that all was weird and confusing too.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 am I feel bad about speed being sickly! If anyone talks to him please tell him I said get well soon. I know how horrible it is to have to be in the hospital especially this time of year.

I believe sorsha was a jagged blade because that whole old lady thing was probably referring to her. I am inclined to believe that speedchuck also is bad.
:keys:
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Mac it seems like you want everyone to be on board that speed is bad but you're still voting for epi are you keeping your vote epi?
~Darren Shan~
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:27 am Mac it seems like you want everyone to be on board that speed is bad but you're still voting for epi are you keeping your vote epi?
:shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:17 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:25 pm 9. I am asking you to let me live til I am the last Mafia standing to give me long enough to maybe find a benign 3p win con. Which I already have been searching for and have a clue on how to find.
Kill a Corrupt Remnant tonight and I'll fully support you on this.
This is where I am at.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 am
Hmm. I didn't kill Sorsha. INH being Dark Worshipper would actually explain something.
My current theory is INH as Dark Worshipper killed the Random Animal and gained it's power. It would explain certain things, but I'm not sold on it yet.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 168

Post by ColinIsCool »

Mac, am I town?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:55 am i called epi bad early and not only was i double-right but in not listening to me an entire mafia team was outted at once that must suck
Me-ow
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm working on it.

That said, if a mafia game starts really soon I probably shouldn't be in it.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 pm Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm working on it.

Your health is secondary, friend, you must prioritize Mafia. :srsnod: :hug:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:15 am
My current theory is INH as Dark Worshipper killed the Random Animal and gained it's power. It would explain certain things, but I'm not sold on it yet.
And sorry, remind me how you ended up with the same weird win con as him for awhile?
My siggie.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:06 pm
And sorry, remind me how you ended up with the same weird win con as him for awhile?
I think Tranq is saying that it was his own win con and INH copied it on day 3 after killing the random animal and gaining the mimic power. But idk about this because the random animal wasn't killed before day 3? Or possibly at all yet
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 pm Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm working on it.

Get well as soon as possible please, Mr Chuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Dana wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:25 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:06 pm
I think Tranq is saying that it was his own win con and INH copied it on day 3 after killing the random animal and gaining the mimic power. But idk about this because the random animal wasn't killed before day 3? Or possibly at all yet
Yes that's what i've been thinking, but not on Day 3 specifically. It would have to have happened sometime before that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Announcing the beginning of the Reverse-Time Competition! From this point, flowing backward in time, the competition will run until the dawn of Day 7.

Winning is easy - the first player to post "gimme the amulet" will WIN!!
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

gimme the amulet
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

You mean Mac won?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:42 am Gimme the amulet
wtf :p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Tranq wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:22 pm You mean Mac won?
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:42 am Gimme the amulet
wtf :p
Plenty of opportunity for anyone to have been first in reverse-time.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

:disappoint:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”