Total votes: 17
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 8]

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:33 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:30 am
If Mac and Chuck are the last two Blades, who besides Timmer is a Remnant? Who are your suspects?
Same question @colonialbob when he can talk again (he is good at replying to mentions).
Lorab?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:13 am You should all be singing my praises. I saved the town. Like I said I would all along. Love me. Fear me.

Worship me.
Yeah no eat a bag of farts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:09 am As a civilian SVS... why is it "unfortunate" that Timmer confirmed my suspicion. Are you not happy?
His game is ruined, that makes me sad. He seemed to be playing a better game than most this game. For me, winning is awesome, but it isn't the only thing. Also it makes for a better game when it's a game of wits. Even if the town wasn't doing the greatest job of baddie hunting and was mostly witless much of the time, lol.

Like you said, there was some shitty town play this game, and it feels almost icky just lynching outed people because they're outed, you know? But it is what it is.
I feel bad about that too. Even if hes bad and has to go it sucks feeling frustrated like you can't do anything else. Last game I played I outed myself as a cop type role and got nightkilled and got upset that I messed up the game . It turned out they were gonna kill me anyway but I was still sad.

And yeah we are failing this game and it sucks but now it's weird because people are outed. It doesn't feel like mafia so much anymore. Just like here vote this person we know they're bad. Its definitley different. I don't know how to feel about it.

Also I found out sorsha wasn't targeted by anyone so she may have been killed by an item or the map or something.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Man do I switch to Timmer who is mad as fuck and apparently outted or do I keep my vote on Speedchuck who is sick and also outted.

Golly what a conundrum my fellows. Ain't it a real bitch and a half? Wouldn't it be mondo garbo if, Mac for example, actually had a mafia win con and convinced a sleepwalking knuckle-dragging mouth breathing humunculus of a town to get rid of his competition and let him and his whole outted team win.

I dunno I'm just spitballing here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

And the Socky Award for Most Fucked Up Win goes to...

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey [mention]Long Con[/mention] remember when I said it would be fucking hilarious of you to remix everyone's roles and win conditions and shit.

Wouldn't that be fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am Man do I switch to Timmer who is mad as fuck and apparently outted or do I keep my vote on Speedchuck who is sick and also outted.

Golly what a conundrum my fellows. Ain't it a real bitch and a half? Wouldn't it be mondo garbo if, Mac for example, actually had a mafia win con and convinced a sleepwalking knuckle-dragging mouth breathing humunculus of a town to get rid of his competition and let him and his whole outted team win.

I dunno I'm just spitballing here.

If there are three of the Remnant, then we do need to do the numbers thing, I guess. It sucks either way tbh. Like I said earlier, the whole thing feels icky.

I personally think LoRab was bad to begin with, and if she wasn't then she came back from the Pet Sematery and isn't civ now. Bob is my question mark. With Timmer, that would be three. Unless Mac and Chuck have a hidden third, a Remnant needs to go today. I am working on the possibility that Mac is still an official baddie.

If there are only two remnant, Timmer and either LoRab or Bob, we still need to whittle down numbers and get rid of them both.

By "us" I mean the civs, I know your motivation is to burn it all down since you have been screwed, and I don't blame you.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 am
Quin wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:23 am not gonna lie ive entertained the thought that everything epi said is true except that he's still mafia and intends to ride out the endgame claiming indy for the best scum win of 2k18
Meow it bitch.
no but seriously if you are i'm voting you best baddie for sure
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I would caution against eliminating any one supposed team before hitting at the other

I would, but at this stage who cares.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:21 am
LoRab wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:28 am Enrique definitely didn’t kill me.
I can confirm this part.

Your rezz story: I know what the Coma Tincture item does. It's a single use item, works for exactly one phase. Your description sounds very similar, but you appeared dead for two phases (Killed Night 5, rezzed Night 7), yet you say you can appear dead up to 3 days? How do we know your death, Sorsha's death, and this new rezz you have aren't Dark Worshipper related?

Also, i'm on a square next to you. Go right, up, up if you want to meet up and chat.
Can you confirm he didn't kill anyone else? My main reservation in rezzing him is that he doesn't have his kill left.

I would meet you, but I haven't decided when I'm using my rez--and I die when I use it. So... Also, this is the second time I've had a role where I've had to sacrifice myself for the greater good. But, hey, even if I can't win, I want the civs to win.

The coma is the secret part of my role. The rez is my role power. I guess you don't know that, but why would any permanent deaths appear without the role? It seems pretty clear in the description that Dark Worshipper that he actually kills people. I know it isn't what happened to me, I can't speak for sorsha.
LoRab wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:55 am Because I only have 1 Rez so o had to narrow it down. Darkness is only jack.

It’s more why sprit or Enrique rather than why not any other civ. And I went into those reasons already.
So specifically why not sig, Sloonei or Kyle? Your sprit reason was "He could be useful" or something to that effect.

Like I said I plan to reread, but I am not buying it that you are civ.

If Mac and Chuck are the last two Blades, who besides Timmer is a Remnant? Who are your suspects?
Specifically (and curious why them and not anyone else), because I don't particularly trust any of the results, because of hollow man and the trickster. With both Enrique and sprityo, I have other evidence that they are who they appeared to be. I do not have that for Kyle or Sloonei. I do have it for Sig, but I don't think he's been following the game (based on his not voting the dead option) and in a game where everyone is just kind of spilling their guts, I don't think a lie detector is particularly useful at this point in the game.

And I don't need you to buy that I'm civ--and there's nothing I can really do about changing your mind, other than keep playing.

I'm not sure who the remnant remnants are. I'm still not convinced about TH being the trickster, so I'm not even sure about the numbers, tbh.

Other than the obvious, I still have lingering suspicion of sabie. And, tbh, I've suspected you for a while. Your insistence on blindly accepting night results doesn't seem like you as a civ. And trying to convince others, early on, to trust all the results, seems very much like you as a baddie.

Speaking of, can we discuss INH coming back as the same role as LA? Or was he random animal and I'm in the overthinking paranoia stage of mafia?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also, voted Timmer.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh yeah LoRab makes a good point wouldn't it be fucked up if Mac's team actually had 3 members left and not 2.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

LoRab wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:16 pm
I can confirm this part.

Your rezz story: I know what the Coma Tincture item does. It's a single use item, works for exactly one phase. Your description sounds very similar, but you appeared dead for two phases (Killed Night 5, rezzed Night 7), yet you say you can appear dead up to 3 days? How do we know your death, Sorsha's death, and this new rezz you have aren't Dark Worshipper related?

Also, i'm on a square next to you. Go right, up, up if you want to meet up and chat.
Can you confirm he didn't kill anyone else? My main reservation in rezzing him is that he doesn't have his kill left.

I would meet you, but I haven't decided when I'm using my rez--and I die when I use it. So... Also, this is the second time I've had a role where I've had to sacrifice myself for the greater good. But, hey, even if I can't win, I want the civs to win.

The coma is the secret part of my role. The rez is my role power. I guess you don't know that, but why would any permanent deaths appear without the role? It seems pretty clear in the description that Dark Worshipper that he actually kills people. I know it isn't what happened to me, I can't speak for sorsha.
I can't confirm that. I can confirm yours because i know the square you're on now and it isn't a water one. Also the description of the square you're on now is part of why i'm thinking sacrificial Dark Worshipper stuff happened to you.
But, if i'm wrong, i support Enrique's rezz. His role isn't a one time kill, LC later changed that part.

INH' role makes perfect sense to me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I can confirm this part.

LoRab wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:55 am Because I only have 1 Rez so o had to narrow it down. Darkness is only jack.

It’s more why sprit or Enrique rather than why not any other civ. And I went into those reasons already.
So specifically why not sig, Sloonei or Kyle? Your sprit reason was "He could be useful" or something to that effect.

Specifically (and curious why them and not anyone else), because I don't particularly trust any of the results, because of hollow man and the trickster. With both Enrique and sprityo, I have other evidence that they are who they appeared to be. I do not have that for Kyle or Sloonei. I do have it for Sig, but I don't think he's been following the game (based on his not voting the dead option) and in a game where everyone is just kind of spilling their guts, I don't think a lie detector is particularly useful at this point in the game.

And I don't need you to buy that I'm civ--and there's nothing I can really do about changing your mind, other than keep playing.

I'm not sure who the remnant remnants are. I'm still not convinced about TH being the trickster, so I'm not even sure about the numbers, tbh.

Other than the obvious, I still have lingering suspicion of sabie. And, tbh, I've suspected you for a while. Your insistence on blindly accepting night results doesn't seem like you as a civ. And trying to convince others, early on, to trust all the results, seems very much like you as a baddie.

Speaking of, can we discuss INH coming back as the same role as LA? Or was he random animal and I'm in the overthinking paranoia stage of mafia?
How about I know for a fact, like you say you do about Enrique and Sprit, that TH was who he was revealed to be? He was, 100%, so I did not waste a lot of time worrying about Trickster influencing peoples night results or how people flipped. TH died night one, early on. As a baddie, I have made whole games out of freaking people out about Seemers. I saw that starting to happen in this game, and the civs were fucked up enough, it would appear, that people spending every lynch wringing their hands about whether or not someone was as they flipped would be counterproductive for the town. I didn't want the baddies to use a role that was dead to create more distraction.

Plus I knew it would annoy the hell out of THs teammates, and that would be fun. And it looks like I was right :cloud9:

Linki, I am not sure LoRab & Enrique were on a water square when LoRab died, so true. I guess I am worried that anyone she rezzes comes from the Pet Sematery, tbh.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

for Tranq, "freaking out every NK" NOT every lynch.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey if Mac didn't kill Colin who did

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:30 pm
I can confirm this part.

I can't confirm that. I can confirm yours because i know the square you're on now and it isn't a water one. Also the description of the square you're on now is part of why i'm thinking sacrificial Dark Worshipper stuff happened to you.
But, if i'm wrong, i support Enrique's rezz. His role isn't a one time kill, LC later changed that part.

INH' role makes perfect sense to me.
LC let me move last night from where I had been, since it was right before he was ending night and was still taking movements because of the additional space thing. The spot we had been on, was right near water, but I don't think counted as a water square, either. And forgot it was no longer a one time kill. Thanks for the reminder.

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:32 pm
I can confirm this part.

How about I know for a fact, like you say you do about Enrique and Sprit, that TH was who he was revealed to be? He was, 100%, so I did not waste a lot of time worrying about Trickster influencing peoples night results or how people flipped. TH died night one, early on. As a baddie, I have made whole games out of freaking people out about Seemers. I saw that starting to happen in this game, and the civs were fucked up enough, it would appear, that people spending every lynch wringing their hands about whether or not someone was as they flipped would be counterproductive for the town. I didn't want the baddies to use a role that was dead to create more distraction.

Plus I knew it would annoy the hell out of THs teammates, and that would be fun. And it looks like I was right :cloud9:

Linki, I am not sure LoRab & Enrique were on a water square when LoRab died, so true. I guess I am worried that anyone she rezzes comes from the Pet Sematery, tbh.
Fair. I still suspect you though.

And I'm not annoyed. Nor am I TH's teammate (unless he was civ). So....

And your suspicion of me keeps changing. First, I was always bad. Then, I just came back bad. Now, it's whomever I rez that will be bad. :shrug2:

At any rate, I have no reason to believe that my rez will come back as anything other than what they were--and it wouldn't be a very sensible civ role if they did.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This has got to be a wild game to have hosted.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Rez plz
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

don't mind me, just testing something
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm don't mind me, just testing something
he looks majestic and I'm proud of him
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm
he looks majestic and I'm proud of him
thanx
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

he's proud of you too
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Timmer be like

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't mean to make this poll 24 hours, but what the hell, why not? We'll make the night tonight 48 hours so as to leave New Year's Eve a little more free.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I wonder what'll happen.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I love your new Chrono Trigger avatar.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:01 pm
I love your new Chrono Trigger avatar.
your avatar the last airbender avatar isn't so bad either
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

just saw the new spiderman movie and it was amazing! I loved it
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 pm just saw the new spiderman movie and it was amazing! I loved it
it! was! so! good!!!!!!!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

I apologize for my behaviorin the game. A friend is doing very poorly with pneumonia from influenza and I had had a very bad day. It's on me entirely. Best of luck to all from here out
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Hope your friend feels better Timmer! And it was a pleasure you to play yet another game with you. Even if it didn’t end how you wanted
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

It's all good timmer this game is hard to participate in when real life stuff is going on. I guess its inevitable so my vote is there even though I dont know if that's the best thing to do but I dont know what is the best thing anymore.
~Darren Shan~
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:30 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:20 pm just saw the new spiderman movie and it was amazing! I loved it
it! was! so! good!!!!!!!
If I am ever not sick I'm going to see it. Can't wait!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:17 pm
it! was! so! good!!!!!!!
That North Carolina stuff I sent your way couldn't be all that bad, now could it? :puppy:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:17 pm
it! was! so! good!!!!!!!
That North Carolina stuff I sent your way couldn't be all that bad, now could it? :puppy:
You torture me with delicious foods that I cannot splurge on, sir.

It's not food, it's me dealing with problems. :blush:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 121
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Asunder - Day 8 Lynch

Post by Long Con »

How To Lynch Your Dragon

Steely scales glistening in the setting sun's red light, Chevuschade Voidwing flapped his powerful wings, propelling himself upward above the small village, only to flip gracefully around to dive again, deep red flames shooting from his maw and immolating another large swath of buildings. Spears and spells flew up, bouncing off the dragon's hard scales without any effect.

"What are we going to do?" cried the head guardsman. "The war wizards are useless, and we might as well be throwing toothpicks at him!"

"I don't know, I'm the mayor of a village of 85 people," cried the mayor, "I don't usually have to make any real decisions!"

Just then, the whole area began to shake, as a Cataclysm aftershock rumbled through the area. The ground beneath their feet crumbled, and they and the whole village were sucked down into a roiling pit of lava. Blasting upward from the chaotic pit came five enormous lava tentacles, whipping up to envelop the dragon as he swooped down for another destructive blast. Shrieking, timmer was pulled beneath the lava, just another victim of the increasing instability of a Realm that had been broken once too often...

timmer has been lynched! He was Chevuschade Voidwing, a member of the Corrupt Remnant.

Night 8 has begun, and will last jst a little less than 48 hours.
DharmaHelper

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 8]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Guys follow me on this vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bois we bout to do it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I just picked some shit.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

No.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:24 am I just picked some shit.
Why not pick the shit that I picked, that way you can pick some shit and also I can enjoy the shit that you picked.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] [mention]Quin[/mention] If you were wondering how you could help me

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

really into these poll options
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:29 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:24 am I just picked some shit.
Why not pick the shit that I picked, that way you can pick some shit and also I can enjoy the shit that you picked.
Fine.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I'm not seeing an option to vote. Am I being dense?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never mind. Options are changeable. Guess I'm stuck with my shit. Oopsie doodle.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*are unchangeable.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 am I'm not seeing an option to vote. Am I being dense?
do you mean you hit view poll results and can no longer vote? that's a bug that happens sometimes, try logging out and back in or something?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Awwww shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage