Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all tell me why Quin is a civilian please.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Nvm to the above. I'm reading as I catch up.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 pm Y'all tell me why Quin is a civilian please.
He's caring about things, questioning others, not being comfortable with the game. When Quin is bad/indie he's more passive. His meta is pretty consistent in that. QUin knows he is not the kind of supatown leader who solves everything, so bad Quin tends to hide behind that and embrace the fact he is powerless, while civ Quin makes an effort to break from that and contribute however he can.

I tend to feel the same about Marmot when I play with him. Civ Marmot, when he's engaged, has a very genuine feel.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] wake up
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Community Mafia [DAY 0]

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:01 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:22 am
reywaS wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:34 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:26 amLiterally nobody cares about any of this Day 0. Literally nobody.
That's why civilians lose.
I dunno, filling the thread with this sort of stuff on day 0 might help you but it just makes the thread a more challenging read for me. Can't speak for the world though.
totes agree with you here. i prefer my day 0s less text wall'y and technical. the game/player breakdowns are fine, but when i get overwhelmed reading on day 0s and sometimes day 1s i tend to lose interest in the game. Not always of course.
"totally agree with guy who people are already calling bad because his posts have just been about complaining JJJ is doing work, but I need to add on how I don't like day 0 activity. Ok I've done my work see you tomorrow"
This post bugs me. Why does it matter that rey voiced agreement with someone other people were calling bad? What is that yellow thing?
Cuz it feels like the classic "piggybacking on other people so he doesn't have to do detective work himself".

Third guy on a wagon is always scum, as goes the saying.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think rey's suspicion of me looks quite authentic. See for yourselves and tell me if you disagree.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hey Jay just because I made a joke about wanting to join the "unexplained day 1 vote" party doesn't mean I don't legit suspect reywas for the reason I had just named.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:25 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:07 amShe's completely different from what I'm used to, which has always been civ. So GTH she's bad.

But GTH sucks and fails to consider she is obviously roleplaying, so more like neutral from now.
What is completely different about her?
Normally I'm expecting a single, 8 line paragraph on how she is unsure about a bunch of different topics.

This is so specific that I struggle to believe it.
i can see why it feels fabricated, but is it an accurate representation of sabie outside roleplay? i checked the ongoing game and can see a lot of variety in her posts, more beefy content as the game progressed. we won't talk about that now since we don't know her alignment and the game is ongoing.

then i checked a world asunder and honestly, i did see more beefy content as a whole from her there. the observation isn't completely unwarranted for someone who's played with her in a few games recently. but it was day 0. she was role playing a character she loves in a show she expressed genuine excitement about even in the sign up thread. and she did have a funeral and personal reasons yesterday. the question is would she use roleplay to mask discomfort at being given a scum role or not?

as much as i'd like to give ddl shit for that, i don't think it was a bad observation. i just dislike how he made it, and tried to get it to stick, then pulled out of it.
The point is that I am seeing an evidence for sabie being "off", that also comes with an evidence that neutralizes the first one. The efficient thing would be to conclude it's pointless. But I try to make an effort to say things even when I think they are pointless. So I went and pointed out both pieces of evidence. Maybe sabie is off, maybe she's not, right now I don't think she is, but maybe someone will read my post and remember that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:55 pm I think rey's suspicion of me looks quite authentic. See for yourselves and tell me if you disagree.
Hmm the later ones do I guess.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:01 pm[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
Agreed. [VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:15 am It's a good observation made my someone who doesn't even know my playstyle. My entire mafia career has been haunted with my over-hyped "intuition" tbh and then not being able to translate that into a case. You contradict yourself when you said you were expecting more intuition and then expecting deeper analysis...
I'm not gonna judge the quality of your intuition (which, for the record, is amazing), but whether you are trying to use it or not. And you're not.

Normally you come here and start calling everyone's alignments for reasons we can barely understand. You just yell "Of course, X is obviously civ/bad, I can feel it!"

Your cases in this game read like something *I* would write. Because I'm not an intuition based player, I'm an overly rational guy who sucks at reading people and works better when there is information or strategy to analyse. You are writing the kind of pseudo-rational babble I usually make to attempt to do work on Day 1, and is barely right more often than not.
nope, i don't do that. i'd love evidence of where you've seen me do that. i think i know what i do and don't do. that's far out, even for me.

please review my previous civ games. take a look at mountains mafia, my first heavy game on here as civ.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

voting DDL.

i don't know if he intentionally likes to exaggerate or state things that aren't true as facts, but coupled with my earlier suspicions of him and now this misrepresentation of me which just piggybacks off of mac's "RYM-dunya-days intuition", i think what he wrote is all a load of baloney.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm rescinding my town read on Epignosis. DFaraday's suspicions lacked clear names in the absence of prods (as Epi validly observed), and his ensuing explanation seemed to force suspicion upon Mac.

These posts are horseshit though:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 amCivilians don't lose because nobody paid attention to chart. You are doing work to do work.

You know what I do when I'm bad? I count on my fingers how many civilians I need to knock off to win. That's a mafia chart. :nicenod:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:32 am Jay is more concerned with the setup than with who is bad. I have solved this thing for you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Indeed those posts are a better example of someone taking the "Jay made a post about the setup" bait than DDL's accusation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:55 pm I think rey's suspicion of me looks quite authentic. See for yourselves and tell me if you disagree.
i agree. i echo his sentiments, so i definitely see where he's coming from. i might place him higher on my rainbow after reading that iso.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 pm voting DDL.

i don't know if he intentionally likes to exaggerate or state things that aren't true as facts, but coupled with my earlier suspicions of him and now this misrepresentation of me which just piggybacks off of mac's "RYM-dunya-days intuition", i think what he wrote is all a load of baloney.
I don't think his assertions are unbelievable. They may not be wholly accurate, but nobody's perception of anyone in this silly game we play is accurate. Everyone has some narrow view of what everyone else is, and it doesn't surprise me that DDL or anyone else around here would describe you that way. I have described you similarly myself in the past.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

my game style has changed considerably since RYM. i took Mac's comments to heart when he made a mafia list and i was his second favorite player (after Mungbean, damn him). he said i have great intuition, i'm often right, but i can never translate my intuition into cases that actually get a following. i was never a leader. i didn't know how to make sense of what i was feeling.

i feel like i have changed significantly since those days. i try to analyze and immediately put into words what i'm feeling and why i'm feeling. i have never been that intuition-based on the syndicate and having ddl who hasn't played with me on RYM make mention of those "crazy intuition days" just makes me think he has btsc with macdougall ;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:08 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:15 am It's a good observation made my someone who doesn't even know my playstyle. My entire mafia career has been haunted with my over-hyped "intuition" tbh and then not being able to translate that into a case. You contradict yourself when you said you were expecting more intuition and then expecting deeper analysis...
I'm not gonna judge the quality of your intuition (which, for the record, is amazing), but whether you are trying to use it or not. And you're not.

Normally you come here and start calling everyone's alignments for reasons we can barely understand. You just yell "Of course, X is obviously civ/bad, I can feel it!"

Your cases in this game read like something *I* would write. Because I'm not an intuition based player, I'm an overly rational guy who sucks at reading people and works better when there is information or strategy to analyse. You are writing the kind of pseudo-rational babble I usually make to attempt to do work on Day 1, and is barely right more often than not.
nope, i don't do that. i'd love evidence of where you've seen me do that. i think i know what i do and don't do. that's far out, even for me.

please review my previous civ games. take a look at mountains mafia, my first heavy game on here as civ.
My strongest memory is that Mexican Standoff game you played with me at NF, where it just felt you were playing with a crystal ball in hand.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm flattered, but i disagree. i read people i had never played easier because i had no biases, so i relied on tone and contradictions in their posts. i wasn't taking that game as seriously as i do a regular mafia game either. i was just looseballing it and having fun.

i actually have more fun on NF than i do here so that's something for me to think about lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention], quick question.

What is your present state of comfort regarding the state of this game?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:23 pm i'm flattered, but i disagree. i read people i had never played easier because i had no biases, so i relied on tone and contradictions in their posts. i wasn't taking that game as seriously as i do a regular mafia game either. i was just looseballing it and having fun.

i actually have more fun on NF than i do here so that's something for me to think about lol.
Well maybe you are better at the game when you are not worried at building rational cases others will follow, and just play fast and loose. Food for thought.

That said I haven't played THAT many games with you, so maybe my impression of you is biased towards one that came from a single game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

one example of a game that happened on NF vs. all the games i've played on the syndicate (because your post made it look like this was a given dunya trait) is also not strengthening my trust in your words tbh.

anyway, let me review DF. i don't see what ya'll are seeing. i see someone who made a hasty check in post while they were at work and playing with new names he probably isn't familiar with makes it harder to specifically name and call out people in that post. i'm going off by memory of the situation...i'll check the actual iso and case against him after i finish this.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:24 pm Dragon D. Luffy, quick question.

What is your present state of comfort regarding the state of this game?
Weird question. Comfort regarding what?

Hmm...

Feels like we have 4 or 5 voices who are doing some epic civ play but half the players are blending.

But Day 1 seems like it's progressing very well, considering how little of it has passed.

And not very uncomfortable regarding myself. There are some people suspecting me but there are always people suspecting me, and there are some defending me, so this looks like a game to be night killed rather than lynched. Which sucks because between this one, nova's game and my own game I'll be in 3 games next week.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:29 pmWeird question. Comfort regarding what?

Hmm...

Feels like we have 4 or 5 voices who are doing some epic civ play but half the players are blending.

But Day 1 seems like it's progressing very well, considering how little of it has passed.

And not very uncomfortable regarding myself. There are some people suspecting me but there are always people suspecting me, and there are some defending me, so this looks like a game to be night killed rather than lynched. Which sucks because between this one, nova's game and my own game I'll be in 3 games next week.
I ask because if you're in a civilian body, you ought to feel pretty peachy right now given the state of your own reads. View the spoiler:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm Quin is town. This is genuquin all the way.

I like Mac but I'm trying not to be biased since he's defending me. But I'll go with town.

Epi is alright.

Jay is probably town because he is posting like a maniac and if he's bad I'm never letting him use that high poster theory of his again.

I find myself agreeing with Epi's post about DF. His post blaming people for going after Jay but citing no names is opportunistic af. He's bad.

Reywas remains not giving me a reason not to vote him.

I find myself agreeing with Mac's dunya case but this could be one instance where low free time/being rusty could change her playstyle. Will stay observing for now.

Bob's point on Epi's gifs makes sense. Don't have a read on him but just wanna disagree with people who say it doesn't make sense.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:01 pm
Hmm the later ones do I guess.
Dragon D. Luffy
Epignosis "alright"
JaggedJimmyJay
Macdougall

Quin
reywas

dunya -- "observing"

ColinIsCool
colonialbob
DFaraday
novaselinenever
sabie12

I used a strikethrough for people you read or seem to read as civilians and separated dunya as the apparent wait-and-see. Your own POE pool is otherwise already down to five, less than half of the non-DDL pool. I think that's pretty well reflected in your response there, so okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i love how being referred to as being rusty... :meany: not.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Eh I tend to double check myself at every turn so if that "poE" list gets half changed I won't be surprised. I guess I'm just feeling more confident in this game than usual.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]dunya[/mention], please talk to me about these:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 amCivilians don't lose because nobody paid attention to chart. You are doing work to do work.

You know what I do when I'm bad? I count on my fingers how many civilians I need to knock off to win. That's a mafia chart. :nicenod:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:32 am Jay is more concerned with the setup than with who is bad. I have solved this thing for you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:25 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:07 amShe's completely different from what I'm used to, which has always been civ. So GTH she's bad.

But GTH sucks and fails to consider she is obviously roleplaying, so more like neutral from now.
What is completely different about her?
Normally I'm expecting a single, 8 line paragraph on how she is unsure about a bunch of different topics.

This is so specific that I struggle to believe it.
i can see why it feels fabricated, but is it an accurate representation of sabie outside roleplay? i checked the ongoing game and can see a lot of variety in her posts, more beefy content as the game progressed. we won't talk about that now since we don't know her alignment and the game is ongoing.

then i checked a world asunder and honestly, i did see more beefy content as a whole from her there. the observation isn't completely unwarranted for someone who's played with her in a few games recently. but it was day 0. she was role playing a character she loves in a show she expressed genuine excitement about even in the sign up thread. and she did have a funeral and personal reasons yesterday. the question is would she use roleplay to mask discomfort at being given a scum role or not?

as much as i'd like to give ddl shit for that, i don't think it was a bad observation. i just dislike how he made it, and tried to get it to stick, then pulled out of it.
Like this dunya content a lot.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:10 pm I'm rescinding my town read on Epignosis. DFaraday's suspicions lacked clear names in the absence of prods (as Epi validly observed), and his ensuing explanation seemed to force suspicion upon Mac.

These posts are horseshit though:

My impression of Epi is that he often makes these kind of posts early with reads he may or may not disagree with as a way of making things happen. As such I tend to discount these posts until either later in the game or he follows up with a real case.

So this seems compatible with civ Epi in my view.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by DFaraday »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 am
DFaraday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 am
Quin wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am
DFaraday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 am Quin is good, unlike the announcements.

I'd rather hear your take on two-bit DF.
I agree with his general sentiment that an isolated "call out" of my mechanics post is a suspicious thing. I direct that at DDL primarily.

DF directed it at nobody and didn't answer me when I asked him to gimme names, so that's bad. I feel no compulsion to call him a civilian.
Sorry for being at work? :shrug2:

I was referring to Epi and Mac, but more so Epi since Mac didn't actually imply that the charting meant that JJJ was bad. These posts from Epi show him suggesting that JJJ's efforts were a Mafia smokescreen:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:30 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:26 amLiterally nobody cares about any of this Day 0. Literally nobody.
Civilians don't lose because nobody paid attention to chart. You are doing work to do work.

If Epi can offer evidence that JJJ primarily does this sort of analysis as a baddie but not as a civ I'll reconsider, but as it is I don't buy his reasoning here.
I thought that Epi was doing it as a way to gauge 3J's alignment. No idea about Mac though.
In Mac's case it did come across as trying to discourage JJJ's analysis by making his confusion with JJJ's methods highly visible, but his motive for doing so is harder for me to get a read on than Epi's posts. However I was just going over Mac's posts and this is suspect to me.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:28 am no one asked me, but ima go ahead and tell you why i think mac is mafia.

he comes in here to demotivate jjj. he has an issue with jjj taking the leader role. he's vocalizing it to make others aware of these issues he has with jjj. he is trying to renounce jjj's place in the thread. ok...

but then nah, he doesn't wanna take jjj's place after all. he's happy being led. he's happy jjj being himself.

there was no purpose for the former or the latter. when someone comes in strong and then contradicts everything said, it is always a plot to weaken or cause conflict or shake trust in a person. macdougall here was initially trying to take civ jjj off course, and whether he continued or not, the posts are there. they have already garnered agreement from at least 2 other people. there is purpose behind every post, especially one that criticizes another player's playing style, and especially when macdougall is no newbie to jjj or his playstyle. it gets old ya know. the pocketing approach may have worked in ass-class, but it wouldn't work in any game i'm in.
This is all very basic analysis from someone with an intuition based game. You're bad because you picked the most logical case to put together that you could see, when ordinarily you are capable of deeper analysis than this.
He doesn't deny or even defend himself here, and actually says that Dunya has a logical case. But his reason for suspecting her is that she normally would put together a more complex case? To me this comes across as Mac trying to deflect rather than engage with Dunya. I'll likely be voting Mac or Epi today.
So do you have anything to say that actually addresses Dunya's points?

[VOTE: MACDOUGALL] aubergine
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm @ColinIsCool wake up
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Oops.

I’m here! Didn’t realize this would be starting soon; I’ll do a read now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm @ColinIsCool wake up

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Just about through Monday’s posts — I got rankled by dunya’s early go at Jay, it felt almost token.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 amI didn't tell you to stop doing it. I am trying to tell you that this type of thing isn't going to encourage me to contribute (at the very least in the way that you would hope to see) because I take one look at multi paragraph posts full of game theory in them at 2.40pm on a Tuesday while I am approaching 3PMitis and decide that antagonising the goof doing it is just as good a use of my effort as being helpful.
:meany:
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 amNeed I remind you that we don't get "Jay is civilian" written in our rolecards?
What does that have to do with your motivation to play with your own effort?
See I don't even know what kind of question that is. I am squinting at the sentence just to try to understand it. My motivation to play with my own effort? Nope, brain still struggling with Jaytalk... C'mon brain, process this information! What!? Why is this so hard brain!?

Nope sorry I don't understand what you're saying.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 am I am always happy to step back and let other civilian(s) have a go and whipping the thread into shape. I just need someone to actually say "Yes, JaggedJimmyJay, I really want to do that."

That doesn't mean I'll shut the hell up, but I don't have to be the in the spotlight. I do this because I genuinely expect that nobody else will -- especially when Sloonei is the host and dunya is strapped for time.
No you go ahead. I'm gonna pick my shots on this one.
Everything Mac is saying here feels fake.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:28 am no one asked me, but ima go ahead and tell you why i think mac is mafia.

he comes in here to demotivate jjj. he has an issue with jjj taking the leader role. he's vocalizing it to make others aware of these issues he has with jjj. he is trying to renounce jjj's place in the thread. ok...

but then nah, he doesn't wanna take jjj's place after all. he's happy being led. he's happy jjj being himself.

there was no purpose for the former or the latter. when someone comes in strong and then contradicts everything said, it is always a plot to weaken or cause conflict or shake trust in a person. macdougall here was initially trying to take civ jjj off course, and whether he continued or not, the posts are there. they have already garnered agreement from at least 2 other people. there is purpose behind every post, especially one that criticizes another player's playing style, and especially when macdougall is no newbie to jjj or his playstyle. it gets old ya know. the pocketing approach may have worked in ass-class, but it wouldn't work in any game i'm in.
Not bad tho
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I can see cbob being bad too solely for using a smiley face emote.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Up to pg 5 and having a hard time focusing. Kind of sick the last few days. I will catch up and vote before EOD
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 pm I can see cbob being bad too solely for using a smiley face emote.
That emoji did play a non-zero role in my perception that his reassurance to sabie looked a bit fake.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Aaaaaand, I'm back to only playing one game.

Have you guys ever been dayvigged on Day 1 two consecutive games? I have.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 326

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:25 am
DFaraday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:15 am
Quin wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am
DFaraday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:41 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 am Quin is good, unlike the announcements.

I'd rather hear your take on two-bit DF.
I agree with his general sentiment that an isolated "call out" of my mechanics post is a suspicious thing. I direct that at DDL primarily.

DF directed it at nobody and didn't answer me when I asked him to gimme names, so that's bad. I feel no compulsion to call him a civilian.
Sorry for being at work? :shrug2:

I was referring to Epi and Mac, but more so Epi since Mac didn't actually imply that the charting meant that JJJ was bad. These posts from Epi show him suggesting that JJJ's efforts were a Mafia smokescreen:
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:30 am

Civilians don't lose because nobody paid attention to chart. You are doing work to do work.

If Epi can offer evidence that JJJ primarily does this sort of analysis as a baddie but not as a civ I'll reconsider, but as it is I don't buy his reasoning here.
I thought that Epi was doing it as a way to gauge 3J's alignment. No idea about Mac though.
In Mac's case it did come across as trying to discourage JJJ's analysis by making his confusion with JJJ's methods highly visible, but his motive for doing so is harder for me to get a read on than Epi's posts. However I was just going over Mac's posts and this is suspect to me.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:18 pm

This is all very basic analysis from someone with an intuition based game. You're bad because you picked the most logical case to put together that you could see, when ordinarily you are capable of deeper analysis than this.
He doesn't deny or even defend himself here, and actually says that Dunya has a logical case. But his reason for suspecting her is that she normally would put together a more complex case? To me this comes across as Mac trying to deflect rather than engage with Dunya. I'll likely be voting Mac or Epi today.
So do you have anything to say that actually addresses Dunya's points?

[VOTE: MACDOUGALL] aubergine
You would rather me address Dunya's points, who is currently not scum reading me, as opposed to yours who is voting for me. Why would that be?

Perhaps it is because you would rather incite violence between Dunya and I than get your own hands burned by the bright flame of MacScrewgall? Hmmm?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:25 pm Just about through Monday’s posts — I got rankled by dunya’s early go at Jay, it felt almost token.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 amI didn't tell you to stop doing it. I am trying to tell you that this type of thing isn't going to encourage me to contribute (at the very least in the way that you would hope to see) because I take one look at multi paragraph posts full of game theory in them at 2.40pm on a Tuesday while I am approaching 3PMitis and decide that antagonising the goof doing it is just as good a use of my effort as being helpful.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 amNeed I remind you that we don't get "Jay is civilian" written in our rolecards?
See I don't even know what kind of question that is. I am squinting at the sentence just to try to understand it. My motivation to play with my own effort? Nope, brain still struggling with Jaytalk... C'mon brain, process this information! What!? Why is this so hard brain!?

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 am I am always happy to step back and let other civilian(s) have a go and whipping the thread into shape. I just need someone to actually say "Yes, JaggedJimmyJay, I really want to do that."

That doesn't mean I'll shut the hell up, but I don't have to be the in the spotlight. I do this because I genuinely expect that nobody else will -- especially when Sloonei is the host and dunya is strapped for time.
What's DFaraday like in btsc?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:37 am current rainbow. i feel good about epignosis most, followed by sabie and quin at equal levels i'd say. i haven't seen enough content from dfaraday but nothing has pinged me.

i need more content from nova, coliniscool hasn't posted yet and reywaS did that one post that pinged me where he complained about someone's play style but then took it back at the end...which i think is demotivating and purposeless. need to see more "game-related" content from him.

the last 4 are people i have reasons to feel iffy about. let's see what happens this day phase.

dunya
Epignosis
sabie12
Quin

DFaraday
novaselinenever
ColinIsCool
reywaS

colonialbob
Macdougall
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
Oh wait you do have a bad man read on me.

I have civ reads on DDL and Jay. Why are you and I on such different pages here?

Also why did you put yourself in your rainbow, that is such a ping to me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'd like to lynch someone in dunya's yellow or light green rainbow.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Her orange section is full of people I like and her dark green section is a little too.

Everyone dunya feels neutral about are the ones I wanna lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm Her orange section is full of people I like and her dark green section is a little too.

Does it mean anything to you that those are all among the least active participants?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:21 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm Her orange section is full of people I like and her dark green section is a little too.

Does it mean anything to you that those are all among the least active participants?
Maybe.

But if exclude Colin and nova there's still DF who I want to lynch and Reywas who I still kinda want to lynch.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:25 pm Just about through Monday’s posts — I got rankled by dunya’s early go at Jay, it felt almost token.

What's DFaraday like in btsc?
He talks more than I do
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:16 am I still feel good about Quin. I'm gleaming genu-quin in his spitfire.
ok but can you actually respond to some of that spitfire ty
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Gonna vote for [VOTE: dunya] aubergine for now, mostly gut but also I really did not like that post.

I don't really get the DFaraday wagon, can someone re-link to it or summarize the basics?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”