50%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Llama has leapfrogged (leapllama’d?) dunya as my strongest town read, but I’d be pretty comfortable trusting each of them for now.

I feel strongly that juliets is bad. I’d give it a 4.0 out of 5 on the scumometer.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Even golden gods are mortal

The mystery remained unsolved after one day. The gang had interrogated Cricket vigorously and then left him locked in the dumpster outside to think about how much he would like to reveal next time (before forgetting him there). This morning though the scene became worse than ever.

dunya has been killed. She was:

Dennis. Vanilla civilian.

Charlie: "Holy shit dude! That's Dennis! Holy shit Dennis is dead! There's a gaddamn killer on the loose and they got my best friend, oh my god."

Dee: "Oh stop, he'll be fine. I'll check you turkeys later; I'm out of here.

Charlie: "Fine? He's DEAD right there in front of you, look! What the hell dude?" *nudges Dennis's corpse with his foot a few times as he shouts*

Mac: "Wait, wait, we need to back up here. Charlie... I am fairly certain that I am your best friend. You said though that Dennis..."

Charlie: "That's what you're worried about right now? Jesus Christ man this is pathetic, our friend is dead. Aw shit..."

Mac: "We had better start praying. I can lead us. Where is our Bible? Guys, where is our gaddamned Bible?"

Day 2 is underway. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Dunya :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm if i die tonight sloonei and im not here to remind you: don't tunnel juliets. i trust my read in her completely now. trust my ability to tell apart the types of frustrations you mentioned.
I am not tunneling.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: juliets] aubergine

But not in a tunneling fashion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Well damn.

So now I can tell you Sloonei that you can lynch away at me because I'm the one-shot cop and I used my shot last night to assure myself that dunya was civ. It was a gamble and I lost. So go to it. Tell everyone how well you read me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 pm Well damn.

So now I can tell you Sloonei that you can lynch away at me because I'm the one-shot cop and I used my shot last night to assure myself that dunya was civ. It was a gamble and I lost. So go to it. Tell everyone how well you read me.
Why did you do that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, now that it's Day, I have questions.

Colin & Mongoose: Why did you vote no lynch yesterday? Be specific.

Everyone else: What is your read on Luna? I don't like how no one but me is talking about her. It feels like a "move on, nothing to see here" kind of scenario.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Why did you do that?
That does seem like a waste of a cop ability.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Why did you do that?
That does seem like a waste of a cop ability.
Sorry, I had to make sure she is SOOOOOO good at looking town when she's not. That's why I was so comfortable declaring she was a strong town read, I knew I was checking her and could reverse it and tell everyone I was the cop if she did turn out to be bad.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Why did you do that?
I should have checked you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If juliets is telling the truth, then we either have a civilian 1-shot doublevoter and a mafia roleblocker in addition to her, or she’s the only non-vanilla role in the game.

If the former, then it might be prudent for the doublevoter to claim now. We could have two pseudo-cleared civilians instead of a single dubious cop claim. I think that would be more valuable than a single concealed double vote. The mafia roleblocker is essentially powerless now, assuming they can only block night actions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Why did you do that?
I think it’s usually best to check the player you’re most unsure about, whoever that may be. But this isn’t important right now.

I’m 50/50 on whether or not I believe you. It’s a bold claim if you’re lying.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Why did you do that?
I think it’s usually best to check the player you’re most unsure about, whoever that may be. But this isn’t important right now.

I can't believe you're 50/50. Do you know anything about me? Bold moves are not my style. But anyway, it really doesn't matter if you Lynch me or not because my night action is used up. The only downside it we can only afford two mislynches.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: is not it

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also we HAVE to keep talking. dunya kept us on the move discussing things. We can't let that slip and this game be one where the baddies win again because the civs aren't talking.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If juliets is lying, she’s setting herself up to be counterclaimed very easily. It could be that the mafia team is comprised of two goons, she being one of them. This being the case they would know that the civilians have either a 1-shot cop or a 2-shot tracker. If she claims cop with a negated shot, she is essentially bating the real power role to claim. In doing that she all but ensures that she doesn’t make it to lylo, as best case scenario for mafia is that we lynch her counterclaim today and then her tomorrow. With a 2-person team, I think such a sacrifice is unlikely.

Another scenario is that she is mafia and knows that there is no cop, or are at best unsure of the setup. By claiming cop she can create chaos and false security for herself in the thread if she believed she can’t be counterclaimed. That’s an extremely risky move, and not one that I think would he viable. Unlikely.

I can’t think of a viable mafia strategy for juliets to make this claim up. I’m the only one who suspected her, so she didn’t need to shake anything. I can regard juliets are mechanically pseduo-cleared for now.

See, I told you I wasn’t tunneling. I just had some unresolved issues with her Day 1 behavior.

I’ll vote for mongoose now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm

Why did you do that?

I can't believe you're 50/50. Do you know anything about me? Bold moves are not my style. But anyway, it really doesn't matter if you Lynch me or not because my night action is used up. The only downside it we can only afford two mislynches.
If you knew anything about me you’d know that I can be very cautious and meticulous about clearing folks, and that my reads are always fluid. :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I believe juliets. She sounds legitimately frustrated and I don't think she would take such a risky move as a false claim.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei and Juliets, answer my Luna question.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm Sloonei and Juliets, answer my Luna question.
I have her as a light town read. She’s often a suspect even when she’s town, so I try not to fall into any easy pitfalls when reading her. Her reads have been fairly light this game and that’s a concern. But I don’t outright suspect her for the way she jumped on my Colin case yesterday. I think that’s something civilian Luna is prone to do. If she is influenced by a case, she’ll say so.
I need to hear more from her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Another note about juliets: her frustration with my suspicion yesterday makes a lot more sense in the context that she’s the cop. Being suspected as a vanilla civilian is annoying. Being suspected as a civilian power role is infuriating.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dipping my toes into the WIFOM pool just a little: Colin would be crafty enough to vote for No Lynch on Day 1 while banking on the probability that we’d town-read him for it.

I have a difficult time convincing myself that civilian Colin would opt to vote for No Lynch, but I don’t know if I’m being totallt fair in that assessment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm Sloonei and Juliets, answer my Luna question.
Sorry let me go back and find it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm Okay, now that it's Day, I have questions.

Colin & Mongoose: Why did you vote no lynch yesterday? Be specific.

Everyone else: What is your read on Luna? I don't like how no one but me is talking about her. It feels like a "move on, nothing to see here" kind of scenario.
When we did the exercise this afternoon she came out number 1 on my list of baddies. I didn't like her dunya post that she was shining like a bright civ light or something like that coming as early as it did. Here's what I said earlier this afternoon when I was looking for reasons for her to be town:

"I just re-read Luna this morning. The only two reasons I can see on look back that she would be town is she read you as town but that post is problematic to me now and it occurred to me she could be setting up for plausible deniability in case she NK's you."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oops I cut off part of the post

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Well that kill was quite obviously Nova
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm Well that kill was quite obviously Nova
That's an interesting thought. Are you thinking that because nova had dunya as one of his top town reads?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya was a very obvious kill target regardless of the mafia team.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:34 pm dunya was a very obvious kill target regardless of the mafia team.
I actually thought it would be you to set me up for the lynch. Maybe that would have been too obvious.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Where did llama go. What are you thinking [mention]thellama73[/mention] ?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:34 pm dunya was a very obvious kill target regardless of the mafia team.
I actually thought it would be you to set me up for the lynch. Maybe that would have been too obvious.
I thought it was pretty much a coin flip between dunya and I.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What are the best reasons to trust mac and colin?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 pm Where did llama go. What are you thinking @thellama73 ?
What am I thinking about what?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Try to contain your excitement, everyone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

I voted no lynch because I did not feel like I could justify voting for anybody given how far behind I was in the thread. I had no strong scumreads until earlier this morning when I caught up. Strategically, I also think no lynch is not as terrible as people make it out to be, in select cases, such as having no good rationale to vote anyone. It’s distasteful, but I wasn’t going to cast a vote I didn’t believe in.

juliets I know you asked me something; I will get to it.

Dunya, I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm Image
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 pm What are the best reasons to trust mac and colin?
Mac because he seems a lot like the civ Mac from other games I've seen him in and because dunya had a strong town read on him and has played with him for years.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 pm I voted no lynch because I did not feel like I could justify voting for anybody given how far behind I was in the thread. I had no strong scumreads until earlier this morning when I caught up. Strategically, I also think no lynch is not as terrible as people make it out to be, in select cases, such as having no good rationale to vote anyone. It’s distasteful, but I wasn’t going to cast a vote I didn’t believe in.

What are your strongest reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 pm I voted no lynch because I did not feel like I could justify voting for anybody given how far behind I was in the thread. I had no strong scumreads until earlier this morning when I caught up. Strategically, I also think no lynch is not as terrible as people make it out to be, in select cases, such as having no good rationale to vote anyone. It’s distasteful, but I wasn’t going to cast a vote I didn’t believe in.

Okay, thanks. Now that Dunya's gone, are your top suspicions still Mac and Luna? I can't help but notice you called yourself a Golden God, when we now know that Dunya was said Golden God, so that is mildly interesting. Might have ben a fake role hint, might have just been using the terminology of the show.

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I feel best about juliets being town and Mongoose being town. I don’t really understand the Mongoose case tbh
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Okay, thanks. Now that Dunya's gone, are your top suspicions still Mac and Luna? I can't help but notice you called yourself a Golden God, when we now know that Dunya was said Golden God, so that is mildly interesting. Might have ben a fake role hint, might have just been using the terminology of the show.
Yeah but I do need to read the end of N1. The Golden God bit is just a line from the show (as is calling Mac a “Bastard Man”).
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

You know if I was really feeling up to it I could roleplay as Charlie and have all my posts be completely illegible
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I feel best about juliets being town and Mongoose being town. I don’t really understand the Mongoose case tbh
Mongoose is one of your two strongest town reads? Why? Who’s your strongest suspect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Luna
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I see a ton of authenticity in Mongoose’s game. We’re kindred spirits of being in over our heads.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:57 pm I see a ton of authenticity in Mongoose’s game. We’re kindred spirits of being in over our heads.
She could only name one suspect in her GTH reads. What do you make of that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] you seem to be the closest thing to a consensus suspect right now. I’m not sure I see it, but I also don’t feel like I have enough evidence to call you a firm town read. Get in here and give us your thoughts on things please and thanks.

Also why aren’t you all voting?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:05 pm @Lunalee you seem to be the closest thing to a consensus suspect right now. I’m not sure I see it, but I also don’t feel like I have enough evidence to call you a firm town read. Get in here and give us your thoughts on things please and thanks.

Also why aren’t you all voting?
Reason I'm not voting is because it is Thursday night, and I have until Saturday to decide who to vote for.

I am also surprised to be a consensus suspect. I don't see it either, but maybe I should catch up first.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists